IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mar3nbu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11565 2 years ago

Thanks sevenrites for the detailed post! This is super encouraging for those of us still waiting and knowing the issues seemed addressed.

2 months later
#14468 2 years ago

Hi everyone! I’m still waiting on my GNR LE (hopefully will get here by mid-September) but this being my first pinball ever I have been lurking Pinside for a while to learn about the hobby and be ready by the time my LE gets home. I already purchased all the must haves for this pin (PinMonk’s cooling kit, PinWoofer and a bunch of stuff from Titan pinball).

That being said, the 2 posts above made me wonder: PinMonk have you thought of adding a fan for cooling the big magnet in the back?. Your kit already have an extra plug so it might be a matter of just adding one additional fan and bracket (not sure about length of cable being that I don’t have my machine yet)

2 weeks later
#15197 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

The short answer is yes. In the app, after you Save to Leaderboard, you can view what we call "score details" by clicking on the score anywhere in the app. For example, if you hit the Community tab (the people icon in the lower right), you see scores of everyone you follow. If you click a score, it shows you the details of that score, including a timeline of the game visually. You can see the actual modes stacked on the bottom of the timeline.
Now, more specifically, the app knows what those modes are. We have a version coming in a future release which allows you to drag your finger over it and see the modes (it's tricky to fit this all on a screen!).

We've had the cloud part of Hog Mode ready for about four months, we just haven't had time to add it to the user interface with everything going on! We will get on that soon.

At Scorbit we're really into the social context of pinball. That being said, a lot of our interaction happens between balls. Also watching someone's gameplay. So when you distill this down to the core, I think it's probably less about "head to head" gaming where one game is player 1 and the other is player 2, and more about being able to watch the other player's playfield and hear each other. So are we talking about streaming tools, or head to head?
Anyway, a lot to think about there. In our release this week, try out the Challenge features. They are simple, but you would be surprised...

Thanks jsa for providing feedback to the forum. It is great seeing you guys in here, listening and answering our questions. One thing that I really liked from the Stern system is that the player would “check in” or “log in” into the game and the pinball machine rather than just showing player 1, 2… it shows the username. I get it that your solution is an open platform for any pinball to leverage, but for those strategic partners (like JJP) have you guys discussed enabling the Scorbit platform to push certain info back to the machine, like username or avatar or previous scores, etc….?
Stern’s implementation is cool but the added cost of having to put readers on every single machines seems complicated vs JJPs approach that leverages the player’s phone and the simple connectivity of the machine. So I guess the next logical step would enable more custom integrations between JJP machine and Scorbit for that bi-directional communication. Sorry if I went a bit into the deepend (techy at heart) but wanted to get your thoughts on this (not sure if maybe a new thread would be better for this).

#15316 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Boom I got two friends. I’m deejaypee in Scorbit

I have added you too… I’m Mar3nBu in Scorbit. Waiting for my GNR to get home (hopefully in the next 2 weeks)

2 weeks later
#16000 2 years ago

WOW!!! The new start intro effects are awesome!!! Can’t wait to get my LE (hopefully it happens this week). Thanks DeathHimself for the video

#16173 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can't be as connecting to cellular portable wireless works on a different ISP.

Have you tried connecting the pin via ethernet cable directly to your router?

#16488 2 years ago

I just took delivery of my LE! Wow!!! What a machine!!!! On the 4 games I played so far the machined kicked me to the ground mercilessly but I love it! I’m in Scorbit under Mar3nBu if anyone wants to add me…

#16507 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man, thanks for the answer, but wow that's not what I wanted to hear. Constant banging is driving me nuts. Really puts me off my game

(Complete noob here - first pinball ever so forgive me ahead of time if this sounds dumb) Good to hear it is “normal”. Yesterday on my initial plays I kept hearing these random mechanical bangs (specially one that happens after you end your game that sounded like something getting unlocked / metal on metal single bang). I did check the whole playfield to see if the diverted was chewing on the playfield or if anything else with a coil was chewing up the playfield or damaging something but didn’t find anything so I’m assuming it is normal. You should have seen my face the first time I heard that bang!

#16599 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

My favorite song in game right now is November Rain, because the “hit anything” structure fits my chimp-flipping style.

This made me chuckle as it described my flipping style perfectly!

Vespula as an FYI I ordered back in October 16 of 2020 from a distributor and just got mine yesterday. Silver lining: the playfield looks immaculate so yours will also look awesome and one less issue to worry about. Hang in there…

And for anyone on the fence on pinwoofer, I think it is a must have for this pinball! The sound quality it is really night and day plus Dan provides awesome support. I had a few questions while installing it and he was super quick to respond.

#16714 2 years ago

Yesterday while I was getting kicked to the ground by my machine I was wondering if there was a “practice” mode in the machine where it just spits balls and you can practice your shots… No points, no modes, just single ball play to practice shots. pinball_keefer not sure if this is something that there are more people interested on or if it is something you guys where contemplating but thought of asking….

#16853 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Aaaaand I just sent a few of you a challenge! It won’t be a challenge for you of course, but I finally broke 30 million and saw the VS button in Scorbit for the first time, so I had to! I mean, I cashed out a 25 million point November Rain jackpot with sweaty palms. No scoop shot has ever meant so much to me.

Lol… well, for what is worth, I drained a 40 something million jackpot with November rain trying to hit the last jackpot… it was my perfect game till this.. so much cruelty with this machine. Got your challenge.. hopefully at some point I can get back to some reasonable score!

#16905 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I could go one of those .

I could jump into the trash talk bandwagon but I’m going to embarrass myself when I can barely make it to 2M

On another note, has anyone noticed while playing “It’s so easy” that the last line of text on the playfield screen is partially covered by the playfield back border? Only noticed this happening on this song. Wondering if it is just my screen being misaligned or maybe something that needs to be worked on by JJP.

#17149 2 years ago

Question for the more experienced pin owners: I think I finally was able to dial in my machine so that I can make the shots more cleanly and the scoop consistently throws the ball to the left flipper. Now I’m noticing some annoying rattling and found out it is coming from the glass (if I put pressure on the glass it stops the rattling). I’m assuming that if I add some more “foam” material to the lockdown bar that should help (glass already has the pinwoofer tape). Am I right in this assumption? And if so, any recommendation on what type of material I could use?

#17152 2 years ago

Thanks Pinmonk for the suggestion. It is pretty snug and I even lowered more but still getting the rattle. I noticed the foam that came from factory seems to be a bit compressed and also cracked in a small portion.

#17199 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a small rubber nub on the middle of the apron to help keep the glass snub. Mine easily came off during about the first month of ownership. Make sure it’s still in tack as it can easily have popped out and misplaced.

Thanks Eskaybee for pitching in! That was one of my first thoughts, but it is still there.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shaker in this pin is violent. I've tightened lock bar, put in vibration tape and turned shaker down and it still rattles like crazy. Are the arms adjustable on these like stern or pinball life shakers?

Hayfarmer I have my shaker set to low and that is quite good and doesn’t seem like the walls will come crumbling down, but even with that I get the glass rattle.

That being said, I can tell you that the rattle doesn’t come when the shaker is on but when for example a new ball is put into the shooter lane or I can trigger that rattle by banging lightly on the side of the cabinet. If I put some pressure on the glade, the rattle is gone. Will try to experiment adding more padding to the lockdown bar and see if that helps and then figure out what material I can use more permanently. Thanks all for trying to help out.

#17340 2 years ago

Has anyone played with moving the posts on the outlanes into the other predrilled holes to see if it reduces the amount of drains?

C04A4681-20A4-496A-992D-2DF58ABCD766 (resized).jpegC04A4681-20A4-496A-992D-2DF58ABCD766 (resized).jpeg09707BA6-C14D-4AC9-86E1-F4AF142F8730 (resized).jpeg09707BA6-C14D-4AC9-86E1-F4AF142F8730 (resized).jpeg
#17412 2 years ago

Today after a decent game (for me), I went in and reviewed the achievements in Scorbit and found some weird behavior, mainly chained achievements all met during the same game. What I mean by “chained achievements” is for example an achievement for playing 1 song, followed by the achievement for playing 50 songs and then the one for 100 songs. Maybe a code bug or how Scorbit interprets this? Maybe jsa and pinball_keefer might be able to investigate? Let me know if you need anything from my side.
80BE1F27-A3B7-4FC5-BBAD-B84BA827A4A5 (resized).jpeg80BE1F27-A3B7-4FC5-BBAD-B84BA827A4A5 (resized).jpeg

#17459 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

2. After installing the subwoofer, the bottom of my machine looks like the photo. Are the screws supposed to be sticking through like that?
[quoted image]

You should use the hardware provided by Pinwoofer. I reused the ones that came with the system and noticed the same you are seeing. Change it and they will sit flush.

#17466 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you're playing a game that achieves an achievement like that one, where there are levels counting the same thing, in theory, you should have achieved all those previous ones already.
So in this case, did the achievements (1 song, 50 songs) show up when you hit 100 songs? Did you not get them before, and suddenly got all three? Or did you get the first two twice?
In your Account Menu > Profile > Stats > GnR achievements screen, does it look accurate?
Thanks!

Hi Jay! In your example, 1 and 50 achievements were achieved previously. The only thing I can think off is that maybe I “logged in” not from the start of the game but probably by ball 3 and that might have triggered something weird thus showing as if the 3 achievements were attained in the same game.

#17585 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

These work very well. I had one printed for me and have not had one ball trapped there since.

rrosenhouse to install it, did you need to remove the ramp? I have it printed but need it installed.

#17781 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Just got this sweet game. I’ve looked thru this thread a lot but have a couple of questions if someone could answer I’d be very appreciative.
1) my glass rattles even with the shaker motor set to low. Any suggestions?

On this point I had the same issue even after installing anti-rattle tape but what I did was adjust the lockdown bar so that it was a bit more tight and rattle is gone. Play with the adjustment screws slightly adjusting them and see what works better for you. Good luck!

#17784 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

New GnR owner here, finally. Has anyone had problem with one of the guitar head release rods engaging (dropping) repeatedly and getting points with no play taking place. It seems to only happen on game start-up. No errors are registering.

Not with the guitar lock, but with getting the pyro multi ball triggering even before the first ball was in play. It was the switch below the guitar lock that was super close and any vibration (like the ball getting into the shooter lane) triggered it. I made this video on what I was experiencing in case it helps anyone:

Check the sensors around the problem area (the audit log helped in identifying the culprit).

1 week later
#18116 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I too do not have any friends on Scorebit yet, so I'd love to jump on the challenge bandwagon! Similarly to HornerSyndrome, I don't get to play as often as I'd like but if anyone is up for some friendly action shoot "ballsofsteel" a challenge request!

HornerSyndrome and atg1469 sent each one of you a challenge… well, not sure my scores qualify as a “challenge” to most here but a challenge non the less.

#18167 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Yes I’m testing it out in a couple of other machines and have enough spare parts from the process to make a few more. If people want them I’ll make them.

deejaypee count me in! I would love a lighting solution that doesn’t need any splicing or hacking the machine.

#18273 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is the upper playfield ramp so hard for me to hit with right flipper... Argh! I can pound that Target right next to it but I miss that ramp way way too much.
And is it me or is that little flipper up there kinda weak? If the ball isn't landing on it just right, its not that easy to use it to make it to the lock. Drain it goes. Even if I shoot it to the bass ramp, I'm at least happy I got a decent pop from that lil flipper.

Right there with you @vespula! I don’t know if it was my setup or if it is that I’m that bad I changed the angle of the right flipper so many times already but still have the same problem. That target on the right of the ramp gets hit constantly by me… ohh well, I’m not alone!

#18276 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That left ramp can be a deceiving shot, and that right target is death. It reminds me of the Left ramp shot on JJPOTC. I have my flippers parallel to the guide and it’s a fairly late shot on the flipper for me, maybe 2/3 down.

Eskaybee that is exactly my latest setup. I have the right flipper a bit down from the guide and it is a bit better, but still the amount of balls lost from bouncing off the right target SDTM or through the right outlane makes me want to rip the machine apart… but part of the fun and what makes me come back to it

1 month later
#19352 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult
My network is good, the app decided to shit itself for no reason

I’m having the same issue since yesterday. Jay and the Scorbit team are looking into it.

#19603 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

For those that need the blue snubber rubbers. JJP has them in stock for $1.99 each and charges cost for shipping. I know people had issues getting them and pinball life I think was charging $3.99 each and extra for shipping.
Also some might not like this idea but I did put electrical tape over the blue (one I don’t like the blue) and two I’m hoping it prevents them snapping off again as I find them annoying to replace. So far so good.

HornerSyndrome Do you have a link to it? Couldn’t find it anywhere.

#19715 2 years ago

deejaypee i placed my preorder. Just what I was waiting for.

Also, today the scoop blue rubber ripped out so looking into replacing it (just wrote to JJP to order 10 of those so that I have backups). I have read that post to disassemble the whole upper playfield to replace this freaking part… but I’m wondering is it necessary? Wouldn’t you be able to unscrew the bolts with everything in place? I would rather prefer that than having to disassemble all the other stuff just to replace this little piece of rubber. Any thoughts are welcomed.

1 month later
#20686 2 years ago

Welcome back Vespula ! This thread has gone quiet lately. Does anyone know how the pin calculates ball save time during songs and how to maximize it? It seems sometimes ball save lasts nothing vs other times it lasts quite a lot. Would love to understand the logic to maximize ball saves.

1 week later
#20808 2 years ago

The magnet grab comment, not sure if it is an issue. I have seen it not grabbing even without the rose patch on an initial game so maybe there are other variables for when the magnet activates. That being said, I received my PinMonk Kit for the diverter and magnet cooling and just installed it (super easy and straight forward).

As I was putting down the playfield I noticed the amount of cables back there and first time I noticed how many of those cables are resting on top of the, what I suppose, is a power transformer. Is this an issue? Looking for more experienced people to chime in. I took this picture to show what I'm talking about with the playfield in place. I have to assume it isn't an issue if not I would have expected JJP to design like a cover for it.. buuut worth checking

IMG_6422 (resized).jpegIMG_6422 (resized).jpeg
#20810 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The JJP wiring is heavy enough gauge and insulated, so it shouldn't be an issue. The only issue is maybe if the transformer goes bad and gets really hot, which would melt wire insulation, but if that catastrophic event happens, you have bigger problems.
I would use the zip ties from my kit to bundle up the wiring going to the fans and tighten that up, though.

Thanks Pinmonk... It is just the picture, as your cables are zipped correctly but the ones on top of the transformer are the ones coming from the left side of the backbone and the lights ones (all JJP). But will make good use of all the zip ties you provided Thanks for the reply...

#20824 2 years ago

I haven’t done any “bulletproofing” and after 1500 games it is still looking great. The only things I had to do were:
- change scoop blue snubbers ( and while there I replaced the scoop protector as it was damaged)
- replace 1 servo as it stopped working
- replaced several rubbers that were worn out
But that was it. I checked on the areas where people said there was pooling and couldn’t find any yet. Mine was produced in September if that helps anyone. As several people here said, play your game and fix as needed. No sense in trying to keep a game pristine with metal balls flying at high speed banging against everything they find on their way.

1 month later
#21348 2 years ago

Got my Hyperlytes from deejaypee and what an amazing product it is. Super straight forward to install, very well documented and the effect is awesome! This is the best mod I have done to my GNR!!! Even my wife (not that much into pinball) thought it looked amazing. Doug you knocked this one out of the park!

PS: I paid for this product and I’m not affiliated to them in any way. The external lighting rails were the only thing that made me hesitate while ordering a CE or LE but I loved the LE artwork and thus ordered the LE. This product bridged that gap!

D7856061-DC51-4994-8F77-43AEA73301A7 (resized).jpegD7856061-DC51-4994-8F77-43AEA73301A7 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#21590 1 year ago

I had my first crash (during a song with 6 balls in play) last week and it just happened on a game where I was about to pass my GC score... Not sure if it was related to power or not but it was the first time I had all patches collected and noticed that the animations were a bit slow to play. So will keep an eye out in case it happens again and also to this thread if anyone else has any other data points.

1 month later
#21995 1 year ago

Hi everyone! Seems like rebuilding flippers might be in the horizon for me. Where did you guys get the rebuild kits for the LE? Is it via JJP directly or some other reseller? Any links would be appreciated. This is my first pin so it will be fun going through this.

I have approximately 1500 games in and I'm still in love with the machine.

My current GC score is 154M and the strategy I follow is collecting patches and locking as many balls as possible before starting a song.

The patches I start with help with Band Frenzy and getting an extra ball:
Fender (3 taps) Gibson (1 tap) Vater > Duff Skull (3 taps) Marshall

From there I go with the following ones to get unlimited boosters:
(1 tap after getting Marshall) Lights (2 taps) Horn Hands (6 taps) Firecracker (5 taps) Amp

Then I try to get Bra and Underwear for double bonus points

Following that, T-Shirt and Poster

And at this point I drift depending on where I'm at the game.

Depending on how well (or most of the time bad) I'm doing, once I qualify in a song for lighting up add a ball (all inlane lights turned off) I cash out of the song and try to get the extra ball.

Hope it helps someone...

M

1 week later
#22107 1 year ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a few lines to give kudos to the JJP Support team, specifically Brian. I opened a ticket today due to an issue with one of the spotlight brackets and literally less than an hour later we have it sorted out and fix on its way. And this is not a one off, but rather my experience every time I had a ticket with them. Kudos Brian and JJP! Love my machine and also love the customer care you guys provide!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22148 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

I don't see a spot on the jacket for it, so I presume it is just a placeholder/picture for bonus points.

I got there and even after collecting the pinball patch it doesn’t get added to the jacket, just keeps that patch in a loop (so you complete it and it shows again). I didn’t notice an achievement or anything special happening after acquiring the patch unfortunately (maybe something for the next code release ???)

1 week later
#22242 1 year ago
Quoted from 3MTA3:

Couple questions:
2.) Installation of JJ side blades...any been there done that advice. Did most of you remove the play board entirely from box?
3.) Anyone have their game freeze (or crash) during game play?
tks in advance

On question #2 I did install it and the simplest way is the wet method plus pulling out the board without disconnecting anything. Have someone else help you and if you have a high chair or ladder where you can rest one of the boards end and the other on the edge of the cabinet it will do the trick. Super easy.

Regarding the crash question, the only time I got a crash (and I still hate that it happened) was on one game where I had all the patches collected and I already noticed the animations stuttering quite a bit. I was staring a song (and already at 160M) and the game rebooted itself. I was so pissed off I turned it off and walked away. Luckily that was the only time I had that happen. Not sure what it was but knock on wood that was the first and only time I've seen the stuttering and crash. It is the same current code I'm running to this day so it wasn't something related to a previous code version.

2 weeks later
#22401 1 year ago

I’ll have to replace the blue snubber again and wondering if I can do it without disassembling all of the upper playfield. Does anyone know what the size of the hex bolts that hold the blue snubber pieces and have any recommendation for a tiny one that would fit in the very tight spot available?

#22435 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Did you try just unscrewing the upper playfield, putting a microfiber cloth under it, and rotating it to get access to what you need? I was able to install a scoop cliffy and go back a second time to do more adjustments without having to disassemble much of anything.

After messing around for 2 hours trying to figure out how to do it without touching the upper playfield I gave up and within less than 30 mins was done doing it the way that articles describes . This was my second time doing it so I guess this will be part of the standard maintenance going forward.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Has a repair video been posted on the spotlight servos? My left one has frozen up completely. If anyone has the video and repair skills I'm betting it would be as useful as the videos on how to remove the ship in Pirates.

I replaced my right one 2 weekends ago and found out another motor burned. It is pretty straight forward once you are in there. I like to pull out the playfield from the cabinet (without disconnecting any cables and the playfield resting between the lock bar area and a chair or ladder) to have more room and easy access. Should have recorded it on video but by the time I thought about it I was already done. Take your time as you go through it and you should be done in less than an hour.

As a side note / encouragement words: this is my first pin. Never owned one or worked on one before...

2 weeks later
#22646 1 year ago

Funny you guys mention having issues just on the left side. The only issues I had were with the right spotlight. A couple of servos and then the bracket itself (not the arms). Luckily it is pretty straight forward to work on those.

#22681 1 year ago

For those that asked in the past, JJP started shipping the replacement playfields. Got an email from them last Friday and the playfield got delivered today. It looks great and will probably be hanging it being that my currently installed playfield looks great.

#22687 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you go for the set of upper and lower, or just the lower?

I ordered both. I’ll take a pic of the main playfield but here is one of the upper one.

C61A43BE-5DDA-45B5-9B25-195F12C87BCA (resized).jpegC61A43BE-5DDA-45B5-9B25-195F12C87BCA (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#23585 1 year ago

Well, today I beat my own highest score and made it into the top global players in Scorbit! I know, barely made it but still happy!!! I love this game!

D5950A35-3A4C-4997-AA44-C06AE2562740 (resized).jpegD5950A35-3A4C-4997-AA44-C06AE2562740 (resized).jpeg
#23588 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow congrats.
What was your strategy and key factors to getting that score ? (Besides not draining. Lol)

It was a combination of patches, maxing out boosters and then nailing shots during the first song (which gave me 100M). I posted in the past my patches strategy in this thread but first time I get 100M in a song.

1 week later
#23695 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Thanks for the response. I posted this pic 7/3/22 where my bolt snapped off somehow. I thought it may be causing this issue but that was 5 months ago and is on the left release but I am having issues on both sides. [quoted image]

Wow… this is interesting. I had the same problem (somehow the head of the bolt snapped without me doing anything on it). I don’t have any issues but wondering how that could happen unless there was a problem with the bolts already (over torqued at the factory maybe?) JJP was great about it and shipped another bolt but now I have to figure out how I am going to remove the bolt (not looking forward to that).

#23697 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you cut a notch in it with a Dremel cut off disc and use a screwdriver and unscrew it ?
LTG : )

I thought of doing that… it will notch the metal bracket as well being that where it broke is a bit inside the threads but it is possible. I haven’t messed with it as I don’t have any issues (knock on wood) yet

3 weeks later
#23935 1 year ago

For what is worth, and this is my experience and I don’t have any affiliation with the Scorbit team, but overall my experience has been extremely positive from day one. The only time I had an issue, Jay jumped into it right away on a Sunday and helped me troubleshoot (and that shows the love to customer support these guys have!). Scorbit has become part of my routine when starting a game. Do I wish the interface within the JJP game to use Scorbit would be similar to Insider Connect where you can select profile to start a game? Sure, but not a deal breaker and I sense that might be coming up down the line. I like the competitive nature of Scorbit where you are challenging other people back and forth and I believe that if you have a collection of pins (not my case) from different vendors having a unified platform for tracking scores and challenges is a very compelling selling point. Again, this is just my view and if you want to add me to your challenges, please do so (Mar3nBu is my user name in Scorbit as well). Play on!

1 month later
#24465 1 year ago

The issue with that method is that when you push on the metal bracket holding the blue snubber it is rotating on the clear of the playfield. If it is a bit tight or hold to the clear, it could potentially scratch it or takes pieces out of it. Just be careful if you do it this way.

#24466 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

How to change your Jersey Jack Guns N' Roses pinball machine snubber rubber in under 5 minutes!!!
After coming up with the relatively quick under 30 minute method that didn't require completely removing the upper playfield, I decided to go about it a different way.
All you need to do is remove 2 Philips head screws that hold the scoop, take the scoop out, slide the metal piece that holds the snubber away from the scoop so you can get to the nuts, and take off the 8mm nuts holding the snubber on with a bit driver.  Fast and easy!  Then just reassemble.

I could hardly believe it was this easy. It was either dumb luck by design, or it was actually planned into the design.
I'd love to hear what Eric Meunier has to say about it. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't chime in with this secret or tip once it became a more common practice for people to have to deal with as their snubbers wore apart or broke.
Regardless, here we are. 2 simple tools - a long Philips screwdriver, and an 8mm bit driver were all I needed. And… just a little Patience! But much less of it.

The issue with that method is that when you push on the metal bracket holding the blue snubber it is rotating on the clear of the playfield. If it is a bit tight or hold to the clear, it could potentially scratch it or takes pieces out of it. Just be careful if you do it this way.

#24469 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Something to keep an eye on perhaps, but the factory scoop does provide clearance so the part holding the snubber doesn't slide across the playfield.

Not so much concerned with the end where the snubber is being held, but actually the end where it is still tethered to the playfield as I think that piece is directly against the playfield (basically where the posts are).

2 weeks later
#24620 1 year ago

Decisions decisions decisions... So GNR was my first and till this day my only pin (so far). But with all the announcement I have been thinking on adding one more. GF is not doing it for me (although it looks very nice) but the pins that are making my list to be considered are:
- Cactus Canyon
- Foo Fighters
Waiting to see what Pulp Fiction and GTF will look like before making a decision but what a time to be a pin enthusiast!!!

That being said, GNR is not going anywhere as I really enjoy playing it!

#24624 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Running latest beta software. Thanks!

If you are running the latest beta you have the equalizer.. could it be that that is what is messing up things? Have you checked the equalizer?

#24626 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I just installed the beta in the last few days. Prior to that it has been on production versions. I thought the beta improved things but as I was playing the first game for a few minutes the sound started dropping out again. I have volume levels set to factory defaults in the settings menu fwiw.
I may see if I can connect the mobo audio to a speaker and see what it sounds like, take the PinWoofer out of the chain.

You can try headsets as well to see if you have the same issue or not. That could help isolate the problem.

#24671 1 year ago

I for one enjoyed Scorbit. JJP could have leveraged Scorbit backend and develop something more proprietary at the UI layer if they wanted to be more competitive with Stern, but not having any solution is worse and also I don’t personally appreciate any company that treats their partners this way. This really erodes my confidence on JJP and for sure will be looking at other companies for future pinball purchases, but I still love my GNR.

#24769 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Finally happened, it was just a matter of time. Left spotlight Y-Axis servo, wires broke off right at the base. Going for the "EMX-SV-0280 ES3054 Bearing Metal Digital Servo".[quoted image]

I had the exact same thing happen on the left spotlight. I guess at some point the cables get tangled somewhere and the spotlight moves and rips them out. Welcome to the club

1 week later
#25042 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Quick question, when a ball falls out of the upper playfield and spots you a GNR letter, is it always supposed to spot 1 letter? or sometimes 2? mine often seems to give 2 or am I misunderstanding how this works?

Mine does the same, sometimes it is 1 letter others is 2. Initially I thought it was a bonus for something I didn't quite understand but actually it seems to be based on how bouncy the ball is when it drops and the sensor thinking it is another ball dropping thus the 2 letters. Take it a a freebie.

3 months later
#25872 9 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Thanks. Yup Scorbit works and it’s legit. DM me if you want the detail.

I'll be reaching out.. definitively want Scorbit back!

#25888 9 months ago

Looking for some advice on where to look for an issue I started seeing recently. Whenever I hold up the left flipper for let's say more than 4 seconds if I release there seems to be a delay on when the actual flipper goes down. This doesn't happen with quick flips or if I hold it for less than 4 seconds (so wouldn't think it is a mechanical issue). Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance!!!!

1 week later
#25941 9 months ago

So I read and re-read the tiltforums JJP GNR rules. I get the flow of progression now and it lines up (sort of) with the rules flowchart
Skillshot, Crowd, Lights, Pyro, Amps. Patches, Band Members, Lock Balls, Song Mode.
Crowd, Lights, Pyro, Amps are straight forward except not draining (does anybody try to get all 4 before starting a song?)
Patches are gonna take some charting, esp patch sets. Getting the right patches lined up with the right song seems to be a luck draw. And other than looping the left ramp when it’s closed, getting patches is risky.
Either way, I think I have enough to be dangerous, so we’ll see
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

Looking forward to your challenge back Chaka!!!! To your question about strategy:
1. I try to start all 4 mb before a song to increase song level as well as have 6 balls / members locked so that I can keep alive longer in the song.
2. When I start a song, depending on the song level I go for points or extra ball. If a high song level I try to go through the entire song and an encore. If the song level is low, I go for getting the extra ball (fill in the lights of all lanes) and cash out as soon as possible.
3. Regarding patches, I posted a while ago the patches I follow but it would depend also on where I'm at the game.

Hope that helps!

#25944 9 months ago

Curious though, is there a way to close the left ramp so you can get patches? Or should you go for that first? Seems like unlocking a certain amount of band members brings it down. After that getting patches is a luck shot

I don’t concern myself too much with waiting for the ramp to be closed, but when that happens I try to grab as many patches as possible. Could be a bit wood choppy but it helps getting some progress.

That being said, lately rather than chasing high scores I’ve been focus on trying to get to the final wizard mode. Been close but not there yet. The strategy is more focused on trying to get through the minimum song time, getting as many extra balls as possible and then go through the mini wizard modes.

2 months later
#26374 6 months ago

Well.. just to add a bit of sunshine to the thread.. today I was finally able to get into the final mode "No Sympathy for the Devil"... what a fun mode! Too bad it is once and done... would be really cool if JJP would allow you to play that mode once you achieved it. My total score for the game wasn't super high (around 110M) but I was not pursuing points but rather getting into the final mode. I know there are a lot of complaints about code and balance and what not (and I'm one that is pissed off at them removing Scorbit / how they dealt with the Scorbit team on this matter) but this pinball (art, lightning, music) is awesome!

IMG_2199 (resized).jpegIMG_2199 (resized).jpegIMG_2202 (resized).jpegIMG_2202 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#26493 6 months ago

JJP it would be good to learn from Stern and have a way to be able to access the final wizard mode on demand or at least be able to access it once you got there at least once. I would love to be able to get to No Sympathy for the Devil without having to go through all the mini wizard modes all over again.

3 weeks later
#26697 5 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Hi rockers and/or rollers. Can someone with functioning spotlight servos advise - when the right light moves to the right, should it push against the ramp a bit? So the ramp plastic flexes?
Or have I got the replacement process horribly wrong?

It is not the replacement process issue, it is the adjustment / calibration. Go into the Service Menu and there is a test you can run for each spotlight that basically moves it from center to each of the corners... so how you are doing there and adjust accordingly. If you keep banging it against one of the sides it will end up breaking.

#26704 5 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Thanks all - the light does seem nicely centred and tests fine (while still hitting the ramp plastic). I did use a servo tester to set it to neutral, too. I’m using the improved holders (from Mezel, I think?) which is a bit thicker but surely that can’t be it?
Am i missing something obvious here?

Even if you center the motors outside of the machine, what you want to do is check the adjustment tool from the pin to make sure that at top right and bottom right the structure of the spotlight won’t hit anything. I changed mine once and they have been holding fine since then. I did the adjustment all via the pin setup tool and it has worked fine.

#26715 5 months ago

The final wizard mode doesn’t have the song Sympathy for the Devil, I wished it did as it is one of my favorite songs, much better than The Rolling Stones version, but don’t think it will ever happen as I’m sure it would be a licensing nightmare and Slash really hated recording it (rumors have it that it was the song that broke the camels back when they split back in early 2000s)

1 week later
#26800 5 months ago

Just an FYI from a maintenance standpoint for LE and CE owners. Yesterday I was going through my monthly cleanup (upside and underside of playfield and found out that the dual up-post bracket for the guitar was bent out and the brass head bolt also stripped (see pics to see what I mean). I contacted the JJP support team and they are sending the required pieces. Letting everyone know so that you can check for status on it and see if yours is starting to bend.. maybe you can catch it in time and avoid this. The parts are not expensive and it seems to be easily replaceable.

IMG_2409 (resized).jpegIMG_2409 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2412 (resized).jpegIMG_2412 (resized).jpeg
#26803 5 months ago

This is a home machine but it probably has 1200 games on it (haven't turned it on since finding this out - the great guys from Support already shipped the parts over so hopefully will get those here by the weekend). I have to wonder how much pounding that bracket is getting each time the forks come down and if that is also part of the reason the brass bolts stopped themselves.

#26806 5 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Guys it’s been a while! What do PinWoofer owners do with the new EQ in the 2.0 code menu? It sounds horrible.

I’ve been having the same issue but thought it was just me. I tried with flat and all the other combinations and it still sounds worse than before this stupid equalizer showed up. Wish there was a way to disable it. I was going to ping Pingwoofer to see if he had any ideas on what to do but my game is out of commission for now.

1 week later
#26858 4 months ago

It’s gonna be the Ethernet connections under the PF. Not sure which ones but you might have them lift up the PF and check if any came loose and reseat them

Drac I would second what Chaka said. I would just recommend unplugging and plugging all those back plus the mini USB ones that go to the board in the playfield as well as the connections to the motherboard in the back box.

1 week later
#26945 4 months ago

RhettDR check this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536#post-7867826 you want to make sure this is not happening to you as it might explain why it sometimes fails to release

1 month later
#27401 3 months ago
Quoted from reflex33:

[quoted image]

I’ve noticed the greenish tint screen since updating to 2.01 but it doesn’t seem to affect the image once the game gets started.

2 months later
#28136 21 days ago

I’m on the latest beta and have started seeing that within the first couple of minutes of the first game the optical sensors in the shooter lane stops working. Anyone else seeing this? If not, probably time again to lift the playfield and reseat all cables.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mar3nbu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=mar3nbu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.