pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2046.gif
IMG_2043.gif
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5513 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 554.
#26901 3 months ago

Hi all

After a bit of advice my Right spot light left to right motion has stopped. when I test it with the other cable from the Up down motion it works ok. looks like there is no power getting to the servo from the board at the bottom of the playfield when its in the upright position.

The servo is defiantly working as it works with the other cable in test any ideas why ram not getting power to the left right motion. Is there a fuse or will this be a defective board?

Thanks in advance Paul

#26902 3 months ago

Sorry GNRs rulers but I want to put a protector on my new GNR CE.
Is there any idea where I can found a guide or instruction for that?

#26903 89 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I love my JJPs and am optimistic that the code updates will come with patience.

I for one am optimistic. Seeing that Keefer was not even mentioned on the development of Elton John makes me wonder that because of the code update drought on JJP games he might be working on JJP's version of Insider Connect. I can't wait to see what JJP is gonna do on that front. Mind you this is pure speculation on my part. Another thing i have working for me pricewise on my GnR is the autographs that are on my machine, not that i am even considering selling it because i just love how that came to be and the game too much.

#26904 89 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I for one am optimistic. Seeing that Keefer was not even mentioned on the development of Elton John makes me wonder that because of the code update drought on JJP games he might be working on JJP's version of Insider Connect. I can't wait to see what JJP is gonna do on that front. Mind you this is pure speculation on my part. Another thing i have working for me pricewise on my GnR is the autographs that are on my machine, not that i am even considering selling it because i just love how that came to be and the game too much.

Same here, I lost my shirt on GNR, JPLE and a few other games but don’t care as I enjoy the games so much. There are bolted down and pinball is about having fun, not trying to flip for profit or constantly worry about game values. Elton looks cool and I’ll buy a CE at some point after the hype and prices level out. Music pins are just awesome

#26905 89 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Do I have to remove the whole upper playfield to replace this broken rubber?
[quoted image]

I replaced that rubber recently also. It's not that hard. Remove the wireform that connects to the upper playfield. Then, the whole upper playfield is secured by three or four 1/4" head machine bolts which can be accessed easily from above the playfield. Once those are loose, you can move the playfield enough to do what you need to do. I believe I just watched a YouTube video to get the bolt locations. The whole process took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

#26906 89 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I do a few playfield swaps so I know my way around. Bowing out of this thread. Not seeing I’m adding any value despite experience.

I'll put you in my rolodex. Nice chatting with you, and stop by anytime!

#26907 89 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'll put you in my rolodex. Nice chatting with you, and stop by anytime!

Just play without rubbers. Put that in your 2-way pager

IMG_1235.gifIMG_1235.gif
#26908 88 days ago

So I bought a NIB LE and so far, I’m loving it! But I have noticed a couple quirky things with my machine, the most annoying is this one: I’ve noticed a handful of times during gameplay, that when there’s a ball in the shooter lane, I’ll get random “phantom” points and I’ll hear sound effects like there’s a ball in play, but there isn’t! Anyone else having this issue ? I’m going to make a video of it and post it the next time I play and this starts to happen. Thanks.

#26909 88 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I bought a NIB LE and so far, I’m loving it! But I have noticed a couple quirky things with my machine, the most annoying is this one: I’ve noticed a handful of times during gameplay, that when there’s a ball in the shooter lane, I’ll get random “phantom” points and I’ll hear sound effects like there’s a ball in play, but there isn’t! Anyone else having this issue ? I’m going to make a video of it and post it the next time I play and this starts to happen. Thanks.

Try taking the glass off and pound on the playfield. Maybe a vibration is triggering an overly sensitive switch

#26910 88 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Try taking the glass off and pound on the playfield. Maybe a vibration is triggering an overly sensitive switch

Agree with this, but go into diags so you see the switch.

Also suggest doing the switch sensor calibration (for the JJP unique roll overs) manually in diags.

Finally, make sure you are running 2.0 because it does a calibration automatically between games (more or less).

#26911 88 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Agree with this, but go into diags so you see the switch.
Also suggest doing the switch sensor calibration (for the JJP unique roll overs) manually in diags.
Finally, make sure you are running 2.0 because it does a calibration automatically between games (more or less).

Yes I’m on 2.0. But when you say pound on playfield, do you mean like tap it with my knuckle or something like that?

#26912 88 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes I’m on 2.0. But when you say pound on playfield, do you mean like tap it with my knuckle or something like that?

Fist light but brisk pounding to try and trigger any overly adjusted or sensitive switches.

#26913 88 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Use the palm of your hand

#26914 88 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Fist light but brisk pounding to try and trigger any overly adjusted or sensitive switches.

Is there a way to adjust these types of switches then? The sensitivity ?

#26915 87 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a way to adjust these types of switches then? The sensitivity ?

Yes. Let us know which sensors or sensor triggers in the switch matrix test with the bang method to better answer that.
Since you said it happens occasionally when a ball is just sitting in the shooter lane, maybe it'll be as simple as grabbing a ball and going into diagnostics and putting it in the shooter lane. Then banging on the playfield

#26916 87 days ago

Had a couple sensitive switches that needed adjusting with mine as well… after you find it you can use a small screwdriver to create more space between the leaf switches from above the playfield.

Game Room Guys Pinball Switch Adjusting Tool https://a.co/d/cXGodry

This is a must have tool for any pinball owner works way better than the screw driver

#26917 87 days ago

If you've not adjusted leaf switches before, be aware that you can make things worse. Less is more in these adjustments. TINY little movements. Its easier with the proper tools. If you're using a screwdriver, insert the blade and twist to open up the contacts, a little bit at a time. There's some good guides and photos in the tech section of Pinside. Worth taking a look to see what part (and where) on the switch to adjust.

#26918 87 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Had a couple sensitive switches that needed adjusting with mine as well… after you find it you can use a small screwdriver to create more space between the leaf switches from above the playfield.
Game Room Guys Pinball Switch Adjusting Tool https://a.co/d/cXGodry
This is a must have tool for any pinball owner works way better than the screw driver

$20 is bonkers for one, even with no additional charge for shipping.

Toss a 3-pack into your next Marco order for $13.

#26919 86 days ago

Somebody on a for sale thread mentioned updates today?

#26920 86 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I had the happen as well. My issue was a smudge of dirt on the clear plastic above the shooter lane skill shot sensor. Clean the plastic bottom and top and see if that helps.

#26921 86 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Somebody on a for sale thread mentioned updates today?

B37 is supposed to release today. After that goes well and everyone confirms that it succeeded in fixing the lamp problem, without introducing any new issues, then 2.01 will release for those that don't do beta.

#26922 86 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

B37 is supposed to release today. After that goes well and everyone confirms that it succeeded in fixing the lamp problem, without introducing any new issues, then 2.01 will release for those that don't do beta.

Thank you sir

#26923 86 days ago
B37 is out!
More song mode lamp show fixes.

#26924 86 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

B37 is out!
More song mode lamp show fixes.

Sorry, what was the “lamp issue”?

#26925 86 days ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Sorry, what was the “lamp issue”?

Yeah, I am a little foggy on it too, but the way I take the same info you have as I, is that there was something in one of the betas that was changed and negatively affected 1 or more lights (aka lamps) in the light shows on the game.

I am guessing no one noticed in beta or it would have been fixed sooner. I dont even know WHICH beta broke the lights but it probably occurred when we got that beta with all the new/improved light shows.

Then when b35 was rolled into 2.0 production a LOT MORE people did the update and someone saw something and said something. It is apparently fixed in b37.... soon to be 2.01 production if b37 goes well.

I think the task now is for everyone on here who is still on b35 to update to b37 and tell me and you what was broken and now fixed!
I am going to update mine now, and I am honestly wondering what I would notice.
I do wish I knew more detail like WHICH lamp or lamps was broken in the code.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26926 86 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I am going to update mine now

And and it crashed in DiabloRush fashion...
Now I got to do a full reload. #betalife

Plus that also means I have to go through and set all my flipping settings back because I don't think I ever backed them up since b35 stock... Wahhhhh wah wah... Gonna be a bit...
IMG_20231204_170222_526 (resized).jpgIMG_20231204_170222_526 (resized).jpg

PXL_20231204_231116279 (resized).jpgPXL_20231204_231116279 (resized).jpg17017318466612971071168457295598 (resized).jpg17017318466612971071168457295598 (resized).jpg
#26927 86 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And and it crashed in DiabloRush fashion...
Now I got to do a full reload. #betalife
Plus that also means I have to go through and set all my flipping settings back because I don't think I ever backed them up since b35 stock... Wahhhhh wah wah... Gonna be a bit...

Welcome to the club. No backup? That gets you the VIP membership, just like me.

#26928 86 days ago

Upgrade to b37 went smooth for me.

#26929 86 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Upgrade to b37 went smooth for me.

Me too.
Hopefully the unique condition causing the issue is determined soon.

#26930 86 days ago

Just did my b37and had a game and produced my best score!

IMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpeg
#26931 85 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

Just did my b37and had a game and produced my best score![quoted image]

I love that idea of putting the date in the high score name, especially for a HUO machine where it's just my name up and down the entire list

#26932 85 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

I love that idea of putting the date in the high score name, especially for a HUO machine where it's just my name up and down the entire list

I agree, it's a nice touch.

#26933 85 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Scorbit used to keep track of this before they removed it (I still use it tho )

IMG_1259.gifIMG_1259.gif
#26934 85 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Yes a few weeks ago I was entering my name and just had an epiphany, what to do with all the extra spaces, hey would be good to record the date viola .... yes thank drunk me

#26935 85 days ago

My LE can’t find my network any ideas?

#26936 85 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

My LE can’t find my network any ideas?

Your router not making it available or locked out ?

Do you have your own WiFi ?

LTG : )

#26937 85 days ago

Thanks for your assistance. I power cycled my Wi-Fi and I also setup my tablet as a hotspot and my pin still doesn’t find any available networks

#26938 85 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Thanks for your assistance. I power cycled my Wi-Fi and I also setup my tablet as a hotspot and my pin still doesn’t find any available networks

Is the pin in a poor location (distance) from the AP?

Do you have a WiFi dongle?

Are you using WPA3 (has caused me trouble!)

Is your AP broadcasting an SSID?

#26939 85 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Welcome to the club. No backup? That gets you the VIP membership, just like me.

I actually did have a backup from just before I switched all my settings from stock so I was able to restore from there but I'm back to stock settings so I'm going to play that a while again and then I'll probably go back to the modified settings because I was really getting into those.
It wasn't too bad because I recently reloaded 1.25 and I still had that USB stick with settings. I just kind of keep it around as my back up. Very little changed in the scores because the new settings weren't a score heavy so basically all that data is the same. Minor tweaks and I just noticed that I'm back to three balls. With the other settings I changed my game to five balls and I was really enjoying the longer gameplay with longer songs. So I'll probably flip that back to five balls because it's funner

#26940 85 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Me too.
Hopefully the unique condition causing the issue is determined soon.

I think it's very isolated scenario. I have a theory that I was running beta 35 and because I had the beta optin turned to NO That maybe it got confused. That and when I got to the release note screen of the update it said 2.0 even though the file name said beta 37. So none of That was reproducible at JJP and I guess all I have is any of you guys that had the same thing happen that will believe me lol
Anyway a full reload and I'm back up and running on beta 37 now I did play a few songs, but apparently it was many songs that the lamp shows were borked mostly appetite for destruction songs I think. But looking forward to playing some more! But what I did play looked great.

#26941 85 days ago

This game shoots sooo much better with these. Looks pretty nice too I might add

IMG_5044 (resized).jpegIMG_5044 (resized).jpeg
#26942 85 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

This game shoots sooo much better with these. Looks pretty nice too I might add[quoted image]

Night & day difference! Just make sure you have the Super Bands…

#26943 83 days ago

I tried to search - Maybe no luck, here.
I am having trouble on SOME games. Anyone else have issues where the game gets confused and doesn't know if you shoot a ball into the guitar lock?

Clearly a code / switch issue.

EXAMPLE: I'll play a game - no problem - collect band members - no problem - lock balls prior to song - no problem - Play the song - No problem - Even get a few power chords - No problem...

Play the album mode - No issue - build toward the next song - Shoot a ball into the ball lock and boom... Plays the little drum "Rim-shot" sound - doesn't release the ball - and i have to wait for the ball finder to activate to get my ball back. Stays like this until the next game.

I am running latest code - Updated online over thanksgiving.

It doesn't do this EVERY game - For the life of me - I also can't see if it corelates to any one action... Like - Certain multiballs / etc... I did replace the USB cable from the CPU to the board for the guitar lock so I don't get that "PPC ERROR" thing any more... so that's good (so far).

Any ideas / experience?

#26944 83 days ago

Pull up playfield and make sure coil mech is how it should be.Mine did this and just progressively got worse.I had to reinstall coil to proper position.

#26945 83 days ago

RhettDR check this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536#post-7867826 you want to make sure this is not happening to you as it might explain why it sometimes fails to release

#26946 83 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And don't forget the important part, which is live and let die light show is now jacked, right?
Definitely passing on b36 until they figure it out.
I was glad to see someone at JJP acknowledge some lamps were broken in the code and try to fix it because I feel like I was scratching my head somewhere along the beta path when the light shows changed that some seemed better but some worse.
Someone on here even posted in the past that Paradise City was different and missing some of the light choreography that was timed and synced to the lyrics previously. (Grass is green and the girls are pretty, with some green lamps and some pink lamps at the appropriate time I think)
This bug Discovery may explain that.
But with that many songs, my memory wasn't that good to pinpoint exactly.
Throw in my upgrade from the old Pinstadiums to the new Pin stadiums Right about the same time frame and too much changed for me to notice.
Anyway... We should expect b37 soon...

Yeah, that was me. It really annoyed me. Been out of the loop for awhile, just updated beta last night. Noticed Paradise City was fixed. Always thought it was an odd thing to remove. Haven't looked at Live and Let Die yet.

I am super curious how they coded the light shows. Seems they break in weird ways. I just wish pinball manufacturers would open source their code, or at least provide some sort of api. I'm sure the community would do a better job at coding, and adding new features, light shows etc. Hell, they were already paid $10,000 or so for the machine, let us fix/break the code if we want too. JJP has nothing to lose.

#26947 83 days ago
Quoted from spspencer:

Yeah, that was me. It really annoyed me. Been out of the loop for awhile, just updated beta last night. Noticed Paradise City was fixed. Always thought it was an odd thing to remove. Haven't looked at Live and Let Die yet.
I am super curious how they coded the light shows. Seems they break in weird ways. I just wish pinball manufacturers would open source their code, or at least provide some sort of api. I'm sure the community would do a better job at coding, and adding new features, light shows etc. Hell, they were already paid $10,000 or so for the machine, let us fix/break the code if we want too. JJP has nothing to lose.

More fixes just released...
GNR Beta 38 is available
Fixes lamp shows for Nightrain, Paradise City, Better. (Nightrain is the most obvious change.)

#26948 83 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

RhettDR check this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536#post-7867826 you want to make sure this is not happening to you as it might explain why it sometimes fails to release

Thanks for this - My undercarriage is sound as a pound, baby! j/k.

This seems more like a code / glitch - thing. You know how when you can lock a ball - the little circles on the guitar head are flashing. Mine - when it gets confused - are all solid... So, it's weird.

#26949 83 days ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Shoot a ball into the ball lock and boom... Plays the little drum "Rim-shot" sound - doesn't release the ball - and i have to wait for the ball finder to activate to get my ball back. Stays like this until the next game.

Have you tried calibrating the sensors? When my guitar lock stopped detecting balls, that was the solution.

#26950 83 days ago

Have an LE here since release, but never got to the Not In This Lifetime wizard mode. I have some difficult settings on here.

But today I finally made it all the way. Plugged the final shot to the scoop to start the mode... game crashes and reboots. Sad panda.

Anybody else have this happen or just assume this is a one off crash?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 554.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/539 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.