IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19302 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I have a NIB LE set to arrive soon

Are you also anxiously waiting on a January drop from JJP for a new LE machine? I'm hoping mine ships any day now...

#19333 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So orders from April/May are getting theirs now, right? Trying to figure out current wait time if I order anLE now lol!

You can call around to different distributors. People who have been on the wait list often change their mind (for whatever reason) months later when it comes time to wire the cash for the final payment. Distributors then have slots you can fit yourself into if you get a little lucky with timing (or you get on a wait list and get moved up that way).

I'm not trying to push FOMO on you (because there is a resale market and there are advantages to buying used) but if you prefer new in box keep in mind they are only making 5,000 of them and at some point if you haven't ordered one you'll be forced to go into the secondary market. Many advantages to doing so... but also NIB is its own unique experience (good and bad!)

I hope to have my game this month. I have my cliffy protectors and my Titan bands ready to install. I also have plenty of ibuprofen for getting the thing down my basement bulkhead stairs. I've been told it is heavier than any other pin I've ever bought (including the old Bally/Williams games!) I have two people on call to help me move it when the time comes.

I hope to be discussing gameplay with this club SOON!

#19511 2 years ago

Any feedback on the playfield protector from Germany for this game? I’m getting a new build game (hopefully this month) and I’m thinking the Cliffy full set should be enough but wanted to see if there was any feedback on the protector?

1. Was it difficult to install on this game?
2. How is your game holding up?

I’m not looking to start a debate (some people love these protectors and others hate them - we all get it). Just curious on any real world experience and feedback.

I have 9 games and have only installed a protector on 3 of them. Considering it for GNR…. but very much feel I could go either way and would appreciate feedback and advice. I like how they keep my games cleaner as much if not more than how they protect the playfield so I’m somewhat coming at it from that angle.

1 week later
#19847 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

It’s a great idea. My worry with Velcro is that I’ve never had adhesive Velcro that wasn’t so angrily permanent that I didn’t rip off paint or chunks of wall if I ever tried to get it off unless I took my time with a razor blade and a fresh application of goo gone every millimeter. Maybe there’s something out there with a kinder but still firm adhesive that I don’t know about yet?

I've had good luck with 3m strips which are velcro like and you can buy sizes that support a lot of weight... but I agree I've seen other velcro products that remove paint/wall/sheetrock under the most gentle of circumstances.

#19849 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Like these guys? I’d forgotten about these but not a bad thought at all. They haven’t always worked for me as easily as advertised, but you’re right, they’re much gentler and they do hold a variety of weights without issue
3M Removable Interlocking Fastener Adhesives amazon.com link »

Exactly. They make a bunch of different sizes (Amazon has a variety pack too) so you can use them for all kinds of things. If you are hanging something on a wall vertically you need to follow the instructions to let it "cure" after applying before hanging something up but otherwise I've had great luck. Based on my experience they have never marked a wall I've used them on.

Never used for a pin though - YMMV.

1 week later
#20136 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hey folks, can we all agree that different people like to do different things to their machines? You’ve got some owners here sharing tips for a mod they both like.
No one told you that you should add a Slash figurine to your machine, so why come in and tell them you don’t like their taste? Have some manners.

A long time ago (if you read my past posts especially) I would be quite negative over people putting toys on their games (I own a Simpsons Pinball Party and that game invites all sorts of “mods” I guess). I’ve since realized and accepted that some people genuinely enjoy “modding” as much as playing. More power to them as long as when I buy their game they don’t seriously expect to sell it to me for $500 more because they spent $1,000 on “mods”.

That being said - I will comment that sometimes I think mod fans talk themselves into things in a feedback loop. 10 people all go “that looks great” when 100 others are just politely silent. Next thing you know a “must have mod” is more of an Emperor Has No Clothes thing. I think if you post on a forum you should expect feedback and accept or ignore it.

Of course we need to be civil to one another too. It seems some are being slightly overly critical and others very defensive. I’m sure there is a history in this thread I’m never going to have time to read but let’s all just enjoy some pinball whether you like mods or not.

My game will only have cliffys and that’s fine with me. You can have whatever you like as long as my high score stays bigger than your high score.

#20286 2 years ago

Hi everyone - I have read the key post on the bass stuck ball but it was not 100% clear to me what I was supposed to bend especially when I look at the wireform. My wireform will get a ball stuck on both sides until finally a 3rd ball releases one other ball. Unfortunately the game is impacted by this situation. Can someone explain the fix to me please?

stuckball (resized).jpgstuckball (resized).jpg
8 months later
#23142 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think it could definitely work, especially with an appropriate light show. Civil War has slow parts too.
Maybe Slash could call up Dylan and get permission? Isn’t that what he did for Live and Let Die

Even if he gets permission... I'm not sure why JJP would want to pay anything (even if it was only $1 per game which is a random guess on my part) for the rights given they have already sold all the games. It would be spending money with no real return unless JJP thinks that a bunch of people are on the fence about this title and they will suddenly fork over $11k for a NIB version once a Bob Dylan cover is announced as included.

2 weeks later
#23453 1 year ago

I had to remove my upper playfield (and the upper flipper). Having trouble adjusting the upper flipper to be level with the playfield and using the typical tool it still ends up being just a tad too close to the playfield. When I adjust manually I over adjust and the flipper doesn't flow smoothly. Any tips/suggestions? This appears to need to be very precise...

#23455 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Double the thickness of the tool. Index card or business card works.
LTG : )

Thanks LTG - appreciate the help! It took several tries but I got it done. Every time I got the shaft to the proper height I wanted and then set the playfield back down it was binding in the coil again. After doing this 4-5 times I tried it with the playfield down (mostly) and it worked properly. I've never had to adjust flippers that way usually I get it 75% tight, set the playfield down and position the flipper and finish tightening with the playfield back up. For some reason that wasn't working on this one flipper.

#23460 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I was waiting for that! Bahahahaha well played.
Thank you for the tip. Guess I'll start digging.

I believe the audio also connects via an audio jack (like a set of headphones) on one of the boards. Might make sense to reseat that as well.

#23468 1 year ago

Quick question - is the top playfield supposed to be flush (completely even) with the ramps leading up to it? See photo. After putting my game back together I noticed one of the posts that pop up/down to release the balls off the guitar neck was stuck. I had to move the upper playfield a bit to get it to move freely again but as a result the playfield is lower than the ramps. I'm not sure if this is right or not. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

toppf (resized).jpgtoppf (resized).jpg
1 month later
#23925 1 year ago

After removing the upper playfield - has anyone had issues with the ball lock posts (at the top of the guitar head) getting stuck? My left one required a lot of moving of the upper playfield to "free up" and now after about 25 games its stuck again. Any trick to getting this dialed back in like it came from the factory? The top playfield doesn't have that much room to play with as far as I can see.

#23927 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Are the posts fully aligned with the holes in the upper PF? If not then you’d have to disassemble a bit and realign

I guess this is my question... I removed/replaced the upper playfield several times to try and align them better. It seems to keep setting into the exact same spot which is not ideally aligned. Is there a better way? Should I be adjusting from the bottom instead of just moving the upper playfield which goes back to the same spot each time?

11 months later
#27023 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Same here. No issues whatsoever with my GNR flippers. Mine was a Jan 2022 build. No playfield issues either.

After seeing everyone order flipper fans for games by default (before game is even unboxed) I was starting to wonder if I was the only person on pinside that hasn’t had a noticeable issue with “flipper fade” on either my GNR or my new Sterns.

Now I may have jinxed myself by saying that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.