IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
1716315957546400055374543830533 (resized).jpg
20240520_131030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2835.gif
IMG_1199 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2864.gif

Topic index (key posts)

79 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,784 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 576.
#28351 33 days ago

Just had a nice long session on b45.
Really enjoyed playing all the modes and feels much more balanced overall. I wasn't avoiding anything and pulling in some good scores all around... Every mode was worth it to me and wasnt disappointed getting it, and not grumbling at the result. I completed swpag mode probably for the second time ever and that was cool. Dd got to the last car. Tfc I was so close.. ss didn't seem annoying, coma multiball after coma was cool, and tour multiball even gave me 3 or 4 million ... Songs were great with super lock timeout set to zero.... And if when I just want to keep going, I have enabled coin door ball saver and can explore the game indefinitely...

#28352 33 days ago
Quoted from ShawnC79:

So I currently own 3 pins, but my experience of dealing with issues / routine maintenance is very limited. Therefore I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I had a rubber break for the first time on one of my machines - my JPP GnR. I've attached a picture of the broken rubber and where it came off of. I wanted to get some advice to see where I could purchase a replacement. Can I purchase a replacement for just this one piece? Do I need to purchase a whole set for the machine? Would something like this work? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RK2567-1
Any advice on where I could get a replacement would be much appreciated and sorry if this is a stupid question.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

While you're replacing the broken right sling rubber, I'd also replace the left sling rubber, also just a quick look at other rubbers.

#28353 32 days ago

Okay this nice little surprise popped out during a multiball. I fist spotted right below the spinning disk.

I looked around but couldn’t find the Easter egg!!

Any ideas where to look?

IMG_0960 (resized).jpegIMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
#28354 32 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Okay this nice little surprise popped out during a multiball. I fist spotted right below the spinning disk.
Any ideas where to look?[quoted image]

Apparently your plastics are held down by screws and not locking nuts. Guess I’d check all your plastics first. Wonder why it’s like that

#28355 32 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looks like you got a screw loose. You’re not alone

IMG_2676.gifIMG_2676.gif
#28356 32 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did it actually land there? WTH

#28357 32 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Apparently your plastics are held down by screws and not locking nuts. Guess I’d check all your plastics first. Wonder why it’s like that

Some are held on by locking nuts other screws I set it by the plastic screws to show it is smaller than the plastic screws.

#28358 32 days ago
Quoted from ShawnC79:

So I currently own 3 pins, but my experience of dealing with issues / routine maintenance is very limited. Therefore I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I had a rubber break for the first time on one of my machines - my JPP GnR. I've attached a picture of the broken rubber and where it came off of. I wanted to get some advice to see where I could purchase a replacement. Can I purchase a replacement for just this one piece? Do I need to purchase a whole set for the machine? Would something like this work? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RK2567-1
Any advice on where I could get a replacement would be much appreciated and sorry if this is a stupid question.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

Didn’t the goody bag bring extras of those?

#28359 32 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

So I drove an hour to finally play a GnR LE to research a purchase and the audio is turned all the way down!!! And no one here is capable of turning it up. Unbelievable.
I'm going to need to take a trip out to Indiana, PA just to finally play this fucker.

Setting has a max volume setting. Or you can turn it off which gives you control of the volume on the front. I think

Quoted from Reznnate:

The volume switch in bottom left corner was disabled? Is there an option for this in the settings?
Had a chance to play a bunch of new Sterns and Elton John this week. It reminded me how much more you get with JJP (nicer screen, nicer glass, nicer cabinet, knocker, shaker, volume switch, bluetooth support, etc.)

#28360 32 days ago

Drove out to Indiana, PA to try and play the LE. Google was wrong for the hours for the establishment and they are closed on Sundays. Apparently, the universe doesn't want me to play it.

#28361 32 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Drove out to Indiana, PA to try and play the LE. Google was wrong for the hours for the establishment and they are closed on Sundays. Apparently, the universe doesn't want me to play it.

why not just ask who has the game near you , offer to bring a 6 pack and pizza , and wait for the invites !

#28362 31 days ago
Quoted from luch:

why not just ask who has the game near you , offer to bring a 6 pack and pizza , and wait for the invites !

He’d get a hell of a lot better idea about the game in a home environment too. Plus an owner to explain rules

#28363 31 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Always call to verify

#28364 31 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Do you use Pinball Maps? I found a place in PA that appears to have a GNR LE. As recommended call first. They’re open all week including Sundays

IMG_2681.pngIMG_2681.png
#28365 31 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Do you use Pinball Maps? I found a place in PA that appears to have a GNR LE. As recommended call first. They’re open all week including Sundays[quoted image]

That's the place I went to that had the sound turned off.

#28366 31 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

He’d get a hell of a lot better idea about the game in a home environment too. Plus an owner to explain rules

Point of order.. I'm an owner and I can't explain the rules

#28367 31 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Point of order.. I'm an owner and I can't explain the rules

I laughed at that as well.

I did finally figure out the tearing down the wall which is super cool. You hit the action button to shoot the cannon and move the cannon by spinning the record. No idea how I couldn't figure that out before last night!!!

#28368 31 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I laughed at that as well.
I did finally figure out the tearing down the wall which is super cool. You hit the action button to shoot the cannon and move the cannon by spinning the record. No idea how I couldn't figure that out before last night!!!

If the cannon is pointed to far right or left you have hit on the opposite side for it to move the direction you want lol

#28369 31 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I would strongly recommend trying to find someone here on Pinside that has a machine at their house. Evaluating a machine in a home setting is a much better of going about it. The most obvious is being able to hear the machine and on a music pin, that is a big deal. Beyond that the home owner probably knows the ruleset much better and can guide you a bit to understand the layout/rules. I have met some awesome peeps on pinside. Yes, there is the occasional axe murderer, but worth the risk!

#28370 31 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

That's the place I went to that had the sound turned off.

Maybe bring some headphones and/or call in advance and see if the owner will temporarily turn on the sound so you can hear it? Also in an arcade, it’s better to have headphones because you’re just not gonna hear the goodness of this pin. If you can find a home owner close by even better but that’s my 2 cents worth 1/2 a penny

IMG_2683 (resized).jpegIMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
#28371 31 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I Yes, there is the occasional axe murderer, but worth the risk!

Hey buddy I resemble that remark!

#28372 31 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey buddy I resemble that remark!

IMG_2694 (resized).jpegIMG_2694 (resized).jpeg
#28374 31 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just had a nice long session on b45.
Really enjoyed playing all the modes and feels much more balanced overall. I wasn't avoiding anything and pulling in some good scores all around... Every mode was worth it to me and wasnt disappointed getting it, and not grumbling at the result. I completed swpag mode probably for the second time ever and that was cool. Dd got to the last car. Tfc I was so close.. ss didn't seem annoying, coma multiball after coma was cool, and tour multiball even gave me 3 or 4 million ... Songs were great with super lock timeout set to zero.... And if when I just want to keep going, I have enabled coin door ball saver and can explore the game indefinitely...

Yeah the new betas with score balancing are coming along great! Lots of nice improvements. Finally! Glad to see that JJP is getting it done.

#28375 31 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Maybe bring some headphones and/or call in advance and see if the owner will temporarily turn on the sound so you can hear it? Also in an arcade, it’s better to have headphones because you’re just not gonna hear the goodness of this pin. If you can find a home owner close by even better but that’s my 2 cents worth 1/2 a penny [quoted image]

Oh, I'm going back with headphones but need to wait a couple weeks with all the non-pinball aspects of life heating up, haha.

#28376 31 days ago

I would strongly recommend trying to find someone here on Pinside that has a machine at their house. Evaluating a machine in a home setting is a much better of going about it. The most obvious is being able to hear the machine and on a music pin, that is a big deal. Beyond that the home owner probably knows the ruleset much better and can guide you a bit to understand the layout/rules. I have met some awesome peeps on pinside. Yes, there is the occasional axe murderer, but worth the risk!

Someone out in Beaver (~45ish minutes from me) to offer up theirs to play and I definitely appreciate the offer! But it still feels so weird to just go to a random internet persons house, hahaha. At least to me it does.

#28377 31 days ago

Is there any way to still get the bumper ball saver that people were creating/distributing?

#28378 31 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Someone out in Beaver (~45ish minutes from me) to offer up theirs to play and I definitely appreciate the offer! But it still feels so weird to just go to a random internet persons house, hahaha. At least to me it does.

Not weird!
It's the friendly pinball way.
But you can always do a Pinside search on the other person and make sure you're comfortable with their posts / persona.

#28379 31 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Not weird!
It's the friendly pinball way.
But you can always do a Pinside search on the other person and make sure you're comfortable with their posts / persona.

And the cool thing about Pinside is that if the person you are looking to visit is an Axe Murderer, they will probably be upfront about it. Peeps are pretty transparent in this group.

#28380 31 days ago

And the cool thing about Pinside is that if the person you are looking to visit is an Axe Murderer, they will probably be upfront about it. Peeps are pretty transparent in this group.

Everyone except this guy

IMG_0168 (resized).pngIMG_0168 (resized).png
#28381 31 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If the cannon is pointed to far right or left you have hit on the opposite side for it to move the direction you want lol

Friendly reminder that the UYI2 patch will negate that problem and allow you to wrap around from far left target to far right, and vice versa. I never enter that mode without that patch - it's the most valuable album-mode patch, by far!

Caveat - I'm usually only playing album modes to reach Not In This Lifetime, and since the UYI modes can't be timed out, I'm trying to complete them to "survive" and not lose a ball.

#28382 31 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is there any way to still get the bumper ball saver that people were creating/distributing?

This thing? (image) PM me if you can't find one. It's out there on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017

jetblocker01 (resized).jpgjetblocker01 (resized).jpg
#28383 30 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Friendly reminder that the UYI2 patch will negate that problem and allow you to wrap around from far left target to far right, and vice versa. I never enter that mode without that patch - it's the most valuable album-mode patch, by far!
Caveat - I'm usually only playing album modes to reach Not In This Lifetime, and since the UYI modes can't be timed out, I'm trying to complete them to "survive" and not lose a ball.

Thanks a lot man That’s great information This game has crazy depth

#28384 30 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah the new betas with score balancing are coming along great! Lots of nice improvements. Finally! Glad to see that JJP is getting it done.

It really gets you into the game more with the modes, before I was grinding away most of time, just collecting patches to make sure I can get a good song bonus. Next minute it was game over and sometimes not even played a song.

Now its like bring on the modes get me there, oh this song awesome, oh wow didn't realise that..the game is so much more fun now.

I think they have to bring down the huge scoring on the mini modes though getting 500,000,000 for not doing much is a bit excessive in the balance.

#28385 30 days ago

I can't be the only one to have made a snowman here...

20240416_2102052@8 (resized).jpg20240416_2102052@8 (resized).jpg
#28386 30 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I can't be the only one to have made a snowman here...[quoted image]

I have a Michelin man

IMG_0173 (resized).jpegIMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
#28387 30 days ago

33 used ads...Killer market.

#28388 30 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

33 used ads...Killer market.

As a comparison, there are 30 Stern Godzilla's on the market too.

#28389 30 days ago

Finally joined the club. Added @altans capacitor fix and in love !!!

IMG_6988 (resized).jpegIMG_6988 (resized).jpegIMG_6991 (resized).jpegIMG_6991 (resized).jpeg
#28390 30 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!

#28391 30 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

It really gets you into the game more with the modes, before I was grinding away most of time, just collecting patches to make sure I can get a good song bonus. Next minute it was game over and sometimes not even played a song.
Now its like bring on the modes get me there, oh this song awesome, oh wow didn't realise that..the game is so much more fun now.
I think they have to bring down the huge scoring on the mini modes though getting 500,000,000 for not doing much is a bit excessive in the balance.

Yes! GNR is slowly becoming the game I dreamed of it being from the start. Keep up the great code work JJP! Get it done.

#28392 29 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sick collection! The leader of the concert pins, the GNFR experience, has arrived!

#28393 29 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Nice!! Maybe I'll join you soon! I have my prospects narrowed down to three:
GnR LE
Deadpool Premium
Foo Fighters premium

I still need to find more time on location with Foos and GnR.

#28394 29 days ago

If you can find a reason to make it to Reading, PA, I’m happy to let you comb through the entire game.

#28395 29 days ago

Reading is pretty far. I appreciate the offer! I have plans to get down to a place in a couple weeks when I have some time and I'm bringing my headphones this time in case the sound is still turned off! Foo fighters is pretty easy for me to get to also so I'll be able to get.that.one in soon too.

I've had plenty of time with Deadpool. It's been my favorite for awhile but I have a rock n roll themed bar and GnR is one of my favorite bands and I have other memorabilia so it just fits. I really want to like it. It was okay with no sound on but I didn't feel the pull to play it again like I do with Deadpool. I'm hoping with the sound on and everything rocking and rolling, that I'll be addicted. I like the Foo Fighters just fine also but I've played the Pro and had a blast. Need to try out the Premium. I'm a sucker for upper playfields.

#28396 29 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Reading is pretty far. I appreciate the offer! I have plans to get down to a place in a couple weeks when I have some time and I'm bringing my headphones this time in case the sound is still turned off! Foo fighters is pretty easy for me to get to also so I'll be able to get.that.one in soon too.
I've had plenty of time with Deadpool. It's been my favorite for awhile but I have a rock n roll themed bar and GnR is one of my favorite bands and I have other memorabilia so it just fits. I really want to like it. It was okay with no sound on but I didn't feel the pull to play it again like I do with Deadpool. I'm hoping with the sound on and everything rocking and rolling, that I'll be addicted. I like the Foo Fighters just fine also but I've played the Pro and had a blast. Need to try out the Premium. I'm a sucker for upper playfields.

Do your self a favor and get a G&R before the prices skyrocket !! No need to thank me!

#28397 29 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Home environment for GnR is unequivocally better.
It's some time and effort to learn, mostly time, and a variety of ways to play it. You just can only scratch the surface otherwise.
That being said, if you even a little enamored after playing while on location, that's a really good sign.

#28398 29 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I have my prospects narrowed down to three:
GnR LE
Deadpool Premium
Foo Fighters premium

Sold Deadpool to get GnR and no regrets .
Now Foo… sorry . Favorite pin . Shots are perfect and love the band .
But the GnR is stunning and you get lost in game play in a good way .
Tough two to pick between . Which is why I have both.

#28399 29 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

GNR is my all-time favorite favorite Pin. That said, it does not fare well in a bar environment And it is a very deep game that’s not simple to learn just walking up and shooting. It’s great at home because you can never get tired of it because there’s so much variety and different ways to approach it. For a bar environment, though, Foo Fighters premium is really hard to beat. It’s easy to understand as you walk up to it and it’s fun to shoot. Once you change out the I/o board in GNR, GNR is a more fun to shoot with a wider variety of shots.

You’re not gonna be able to get a feel for how good GNR is by going to a location. You need to play one that’s had the new Io board put in.

#28400 29 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sold Deadpool to get GnR and no regrets .
Now Foo… sorry . Favorite pin . Shots are perfect and love the band .
But the GnR is stunning and you get lost in game play in a good way .
Tough two to pick between . Which is why I have both.

I very much concur with above.
Love my GnR. But got a Foo premium almost a month ago and it has eaten into my GNR beta time! They compliment each other in some ways. It’s very different than GnR but Foo is most excellent. It would be very hard for me to decide which one to let go.

I’ve had GNR for almost 2 years, while Foo is just a month. Foo is new a shiny but will be interesting to answer this in 6 months.

Deadpool just isn’t my thing. YMMV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
El Paso, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,784 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 576.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/568 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.