• 25,395 posts
  • 996 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Franking1302
  • Topic is favorited by 269 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,975 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

reebok-alien-stomper-release-date-price-09 (resized).jpg
DSCN6986 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
IMG_3045 (resized).jpeg
20190913_192011 (resized).jpg
Xeno Flasher V1-Schematics (resized).png
DSC06383 (resized).JPG
DSC06379 (resized).JPG
A902DCB3-7E74-4D88-B197-D7C9F6533701 (resized).jpeg
848B136C-B370-42CF-9501-B5CFDE92B239 (resized).jpeg
2A9DD2EE-0017-439A-B108-9CB1F79E89A1 (resized).jpeg
20190905_195853 (resized).jpg
20190905_195845 (resized).jpg
20190905_195838 (resized).jpg
DSCN6977 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190829_160527 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sandersj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#942 4 years ago

Its Friday!!!!!! I'm dying here!!!! I'm hoping for that "TAKE MY MONEY!!!!" moment on the latest news.

#959 4 years ago

excellent update, thanks!

2 months later
#1096 4 years ago

and....I'm in on the LE.... couldn't help myself.

2 months later
#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heighway isn't a boutique company looking to just sell to collectors, these are definitely built to be real commercial machines, and they're very interested in the operator market.
It just happens that there is not only room for all, but that features that appeal to ops (game swapping, easy repair) are also nicely relevant for home collectors too.

My Alien LE "might" be headed out to location. If I can part with it.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Your a true entrepreneur! I could never do that with mine.

I've placed multiple Stern LEs, my WOZ, and my MMRLE out on location. Might as well share the love. But Alien is where I may draw the line.

#2144 4 years ago

In regards to polished chrome. (referencing my Tron LE)

Looks AWESOME!

CAN'T keep it clean, shows fingerprints like crazy. But maybe its the "I have two small kids" factor.

3 months later
#4131 3 years ago

All this art needs is a rug to bring it all together. (am I late to the game with that? I haven't been monitoring the thread.)

But seriously, as someone who saw Alien in the theater when it first came out and who has been a die hard fan of the franchise I like it and I think I'll like it more once we see a populated play field.

3 weeks later
#4615 3 years ago

Has this been posted yet? I suspect I'll buy a few for the game's arrival.

il_570xN.596393225_9j2z_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#6026 3 years ago

I almost hate to say it but the level of creative "derailment" {just made up that word) in this thread has become quite entertaining for me. I'm now showing up just for the wacky stuff.

3 months later
#7327 3 years ago

got the email..................

1 month later
#8130 2 years ago

Screw putting this on location, straight to the basement!

1 week later
#8698 2 years ago

Concur, I wanted to pay in full a week ago but .... all the stuff. I'm waiting just a bit for all the smoke to clear. It may have already, I'll admit I was on business travel this last week and haven't been tracking things.

Quoted from bemmett:

Has anyone made their payment yet that was due? The whole way it is being handled is kind of odd, then stating not to wire money due to e-mail fraud is a little scary. I'm all about getting it paid but I wanted to have all my options selected and pay for it all at once. Not separate payments and add-ons later and whatnot. Seems like a jumbled mess that could get things messed up later. Wondering how strict on these payments being received and in what time frame they are needed for certain.

1 month later
#9534 2 years ago

Just as a heads up, I just got an email from Morgan regarding settling up. No substantial new info that's not on here already.

#9580 2 years ago

So I just paid in full and I'm officially in line. Anyone have any ideas how many peeps have paid in full yet?

3 weeks later
#9969 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Not too much strobe, please!
sincerely,
A GOT owner

Or at least make it adjustable. I'd like it but lots of my regulars bitch about the strobing in Winter is Coming mode on GoT.

1 month later
#11404 2 years ago

Good montage

1 week later
3 weeks later
#12375 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ohhh Myyy Gaaawwwdddd.... I've tweaked a few things, and ALIEN is playing GREAT. I finally broke 40 million on a few games, finished several multi-balls, completed modes - even got close to seeing a wizard mode. Trust me, if you are a fan of the Alien movies, you will not be disappointed. This game ROCKS!! The lightshow and sounds are truly amazing.
That being said - yeah, my game is early production and not everything was 100% when I brought it home from TPF. I knew this going in. Andrew and I talked, and I let him know I've done a few playfield swaps and know my way around a pin. I wasn't going to freak out if a few adjustments or tweaks were needed. Here's what I've done so far....
Airlock scoop: This is the most important shot in Alien, as it starts modes. The last thing you want is to qualify a mode, hit the start shot - and be rewarded with a SDTM kickout. I adjusted this mech to prevent that.
Outlane posts: I'm not trying to take peoples money, I want to have fun. I tightened the outlane posts. EASY adjustment.
Ball trough kickout: On a rare occasion, the ball would not launch cleanly into the shooter lane. This was also a pretty easy fix.
Pops/slings: Gapped the switches as you would with any new machine.
Leveled the machine. Yep - that helps.
Honestly, I enjoy working on pinball machines, so it doesn't bother me that, yes -even a new machine may not work perfectly 'out of the box' (or in my case, a hastily set up machine that subsequently gets pounded by over 400 players over a 48+ hour period).
I had a BLAST playing tonight.

Considering it took me 3 hours to get my NIB STERN Star Trek Premium working out of the box and lets not even talk about BM66 out of the box, its on youtube, ...... all this is TRIVIAL. and BTW, I'm really happy with both of those Sterns. These are complicated machines and often just need some love out of the box.

#12376 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ohhh Myyy Gaaawwwdddd.... I've tweaked a few things, and ALIEN is playing GREAT. I finally broke 40 million on a few games, finished several multi-balls, completed modes - even got close to seeing a wizard mode. Trust me, if you are a fan of the Alien movies, you will not be disappointed. This game ROCKS!! The lightshow and sounds are truly amazing.
That being said - yeah, my game is early production and not everything was 100% when I brought it home from TPF. I knew this going in. Andrew and I talked, and I let him know I've done a few playfield swaps and know my way around a pin. I wasn't going to freak out if a few adjustments or tweaks were needed. Here's what I've done so far....
Airlock scoop: This is the most important shot in Alien, as it starts modes. The last thing you want is to qualify a mode, hit the start shot - and be rewarded with a SDTM kickout. I adjusted this mech to prevent that.
Outlane posts: I'm not trying to take peoples money, I want to have fun. I tightened the outlane posts. EASY adjustment.
Ball trough kickout: On a rare occasion, the ball would not launch cleanly into the shooter lane. This was also a pretty easy fix.
Pops/slings: Gapped the switches as you would with any new machine.
Leveled the machine. Yep - that helps.
Honestly, I enjoy working on pinball machines, so it doesn't bother me that, yes -even a new machine may not work perfectly 'out of the box' (or in my case, a hastily set up machine that subsequently gets pounded by over 400 players over a 48+ hour period).
I had a BLAST playing tonight.

Can you describe your tweaks in detail? i.e. there was a MMR NIB owners repair/tweak guide thread, might be good to start one for Alien.

#12422 2 years ago

So I googled "plush face hugger" and there's multiple but this popped up. Needs to be a mod. An egg that launches a face hugger.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30600236&gclid=CL3R552v_9ICFQsRgQodFeoOpA&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID17724736:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_17724736&eESource=CAPLA_DF:30600236:TRUS

1 week later
#12533 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, so I got in touch with Cointaker today. Being paid in full and hearing rumors lately, I wanted to touch base and see what was going on.
Here is what I confirmed:
10 SE Aliens are indeed headed this way NEXT week. The exact day is unknown at this time, but it is happening next week. They will be coming via airfreight.
The games will go to CT first so they can inventory them. Once that happens, the games will be distributed onto trucks to their appropriate destinations.
And yes, one of them is mine; I definitely confirmed that.
So say the games ship next Friday-Saturday (13-14 April), that will prolly be a solid week or so before CT takes possession of them. Give them another couple of days to inventory and organize them/get trucks out for them to be picked up and headed to each owner/destination. Then, the games make the drive to each destination.
We are still looking at early May or so - maybe - just maybe late April. I'd bet on early/mid-May.
Bottom line, things are in motion, and I expect to see my Alien SE by early to mid May (mmid May just to give myself some "flexibility and understanding" room).
That's all I have for now. Like I already said, the instant that game arrives at my home, I will be taking pictures.

I've been paid in full for months (bought directly from Heighway) and have #16. A May/June delivery would be sweeeeettt.

#12540 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Remember, the update I gave was for standards, not LEs. Wanted to clarify that so there's no false positives.

thanks for the clarification

#12541 2 years ago

Mt sarcasm meter was pegged by that post. Found it hilarious.

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Because some of us simply don't want to wait... we want to play pinball... on a new alien machine

Yeah, what this guy said. I'll happily absorb any penalties of being an early adopter.

#12598 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Even Aliens want to play Alien pinball

Just bought two shirts with this on it..... in preparation.

#12604 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are 10 standards still heading to CoinTaker this week? I asked them the other day how long to get a standard if I paid in full today and was told 30-40 days.

If that's true I'll go ahead and get a standard for location and just wait on the LE.

2 weeks later
#13122 2 years ago

I'm already in and paid in full on #16, what's the process for scoring #3?

Quoted from NPO:

So, I'm just going to say it. I got my money refunded - my #3 slot is open for whoever wants it if it is still available.
Two things made me do this:
1. I realized I did not want a potential "problem machine" - in other words - I'd rather have the game once all the "growing pains" and "bugs" have been worked out.
2. I'm not someone who does well with delays. When I see a video with the games on the assembly line and lots of announcements about how many playfields are going to be produced and how many games are to ship at a certain time and then things go quiet for weeks - look - $8175 to some people here may be pocket change with a side of lint, but to me, that's fucking livelihood. I don't toss that kind of money around for fun. That is $1000 shy of a 2012-2013 Honda Fit I am thinking about buying to replace my 1994 Nissan truck I've driven for 19 years. I put Alien ahead of that (yes, that was my decision and I own that), and I came to regret that decision and now my priorities are back on track.
The bottom line: this game NEEDS to get out the door. I hated to pull out, but man, I'm not going to be part of the "maybe next month" club. I'll wait until hundreds of this game have shipped.
I do hope the best for Heighway. I want to see them succeed. No hard feelings at all - hopefully down the road - I can purchase an Alien SE when .......well.... they actually start shipping.
As for me, I'll visit LV-426 some other time.

#13124 2 years ago

Thanks, will do. I totally understand your position, but I'm in the situation of having a lot of disposable cash right now and looking for ways to get rid of it. What the heck, I'll take a chance. It worked for me (eventually) on MMR and I have two of those. An early one and a later one from a guy that backed out. I'm happy with both, and very patient.

Quoted from NPO:

Call CT and ask if you can have my spot it it's available. I jumped in right after the PinballNews video, and I had a very strong feeling preorders would hit hard after TPF.
I love seeing SunKings game here in this thread and various others. You know what I want to see: another 20+ Pinsiders showing their new Alien game off, telling us how amazing it is, and building our confidence to give Heighway our money. I'm really glad SunKing has an Alien; I really am. The problem is that is like....1 of 3 games here in the States and he basically had to have cash in hand at a show and either prearranged that deal or had to make sure he found CT at the butt crack of dawn the day TPF started to get that game.
When $8000 gets put down, it's time to flipping roll. A month or so, that I can understand, but to be in the week now that 10 games were supposed to be here in the States right now being delivered to people's homes, and there is ZERO news of why, that does not instill confidence in me. Have to bounce on that one.
Then there's the rumor mills and the info that comes from others of their own volition, and that is a whole other situation which I'm not getting into. For me, subjectively, delivery dates were missed, and even if it was early May for delivery, with zero info being given publicly I anticipate those dates would be missed at this point.
Honestly, I hope everyone who is currently in gets their games. I'll be really happy for everyone; I really will be.

#13129 2 years ago

Actually, I'm an engineer and a government contractor that makes custom, complex, low quantity stuff for a living. The vast majority of my products could go from concept to reality in a matter of months if I had total control over the supply/manufacturing/decision chain. I'm EXTREMELY sympathetic to Heighway's situation. I'm impressed as hell that he's doing so well.

#13143 2 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I pinged Jay at Heighway anyway. I'll see what lower/sooner numbers are available as people drop out.

Quoted from conester:

Yeah, I don't think the #3 he was talking about was LE #3, I think it was a standard edition #3 off the line if I am not mistaken.
I'm still hanging in there (only have a deposit + $ for LCD and PDI glass)....the LE art looks amazing and I am pumped for this pin! I'm not sure what more info people want as Andrew has given us most every information he can, other than daily updates on issues they are working out and how many pins were made each day etc, which no manufacturer will do....hell, if this was a Stern, we would be getting ZERO information! Ok, yes, I agree they need to start ramping up production, but they are tweaking/improving boards etc so the pin is reliable and functions 100% as it should. Would you rather wait a while longer or get a pin with issues and then be pissed....and no doubt bash Heighway which is what Andrew is surely trying to avoid....I know I would based on the conversations here....I was getting a little concerned with the delay in getting FOX's approval on the art and showing it and the ramp lighting, but they showed that, so I'm good. It's summer anyway and I have a TON of other things to do besides play pinball in my basement, so I will keep busy and not wish away summer....Go Heighway!!
Brian

#13156 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Yep, Andrew already contacted me. Sorry, I guess I was confused. I still have Alien LE #3 reserved. Glad to have that clarified early this morning. Hopefully, LE's will start shipping soon. I want mine for League play at my house in July.
Peace!

Jay also contacted me back as well letting me know he had already contacted you. Seems pretty responsive if you ask me.

#13311 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Than knowing this has the price of a stern pro in Europe makes it a better bargain for the pinball and Alien lover.

That's an interesting data point.

#13363 2 years ago

Cointaker still had LEs available last week. I'm tempted to get a 2nd.......

1 week later
#13733 2 years ago

Great idea, I've been looking for a way to pipe some pinball related video out to a flat screen TV out in the hallway outside my arcade. One idea would be to just plug in a USB stick and play tons of pinball stream video but this could be a cool idea as well.

Quoted from Zennmaster:

I've only been following this thread for a few months, so I don't know if this has come up. My apologies if it has.
Would it be possible, if one were to purchase a game WITHOUT the 27" LCD in the backbox, to run an HDMI cable from inside the cabinet to an external monitor, say a flat screen on the wall? That would seem like a way to get the best of all worlds: The awesome LE art, as well as a (potentially much larger) screen for others in the room to follow the action. I'm envisioning something that would almost look like a PAPA tutorial, but in real life.
Is this realistic?

11 months later
#21113 1 year ago

So I'm dreaming here, and I don't know how administrative receivership works in the UK (if that's what they're in), but as a paid in full to HP on LE#16 I'd be happy with just getting a game as part of their debt to me. They were obviously in production based on the recent shipments in Europe. If there is a container that was meant for CT, and all/most of those people got refunded from CT maybe those of us that can't get a refund can get one of those games?

I funded a kickstarter for a really nice $5k 3D printer years ago and after they had all the money they couldn't produce the product in the quantities needed and the kickstarter "failed". So I just emailed them and said I'd take one of their prototypes and call it even. They jumped at the chance to eliminate debt, I got a NICE 3D printer (I'm looking at it right now) and everyone was happy.

I realize that's probably not going to happen here but I can dream.......... I can handle the maintenance, it has a COTS CPU and everything else can be reverse engineered. The owner of the brewery where I have an arcade does custom circuit board design at his pre-brewery day job. I've shown him some Stern Spike boards and he said they'd be easy to reverse engineer if the chips were available. I haven't seen any of the Alien boards but if the chips are available, its feasible.

Bummer to be out close to $9k but life moves on.

1 week later
#21711 1 year ago

Just as an FYI, I tried to donate to Dave yesterday and it wouldn't take my card. Tried again today with the same card but made sure that the first name field was the same as on the card and it took it. It was a "Jeff vs Jeffrey" issue. Minor detail...... important safety tip. Much like not crossing the streams.

Also, I saw where Jersey Jack donated. A very cool gesture.

1 week later
#21985 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Her Majestys Revenue and Customs AKA The Taxman

Wow, something good came out of this thread. I learned a cool new acronym.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sandersj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside