• 23,649 posts
  • 971 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 minutes ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,629 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rubber map.jpg
Rubber map Feb 18.jpg
manual (resized).jpg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpg
alien alf (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544388418474 (resized).jpg
BE1A11F8-58CE-4FA8-BEF7-425EF5BAC4B1 (resized).jpeg
E79E4766-6BAC-4A51-887C-A2425276360C (resized).jpeg
138BF202-A629-446B-823E-D312CD063286 (resized).jpeg
76B74CF4-2635-431D-B214-757EA318AAEB (resized).jpeg
5C24E327-8F00-4E2F-9A6A-BE2EDD4455E2 (resized).jpeg
C1EAA61B-D4BD-4FF9-A52E-C054E5CE4E17 (resized).jpeg
0F61CCF4-8205-45BD-AC7D-3E880DC67A07 (resized).jpeg
BC37C852-0695-4F2B-B069-8B1BB4F60A48 (resized).jpeg
7C875A11-EF7C-43CD-917B-8D86AC43723D (resized).jpeg
E7092E14-B09F-4C39-B0C3-2C32207AFE81 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (1 year ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (1 year ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (1 year ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (1 year ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#599 3 years ago

Glad to be joining this thread. I'm Russell Speak, Media Producer at Heighway Pinball. If you're a fan of virtual pinball then you're probably already aware of my work. I've been building and modding exact replicas of real word tables for years. I also design and build my own tables using the Future Pinball game editor.

I'm very excited to be working on Alien Pinball. I'm a huge fan of the movies and this really is a fantastic opportunity for us.

My job as Media Producer involves working on the art package, LCD graphics and animations, music and sounds, the rule set, the lighting effects....I also build the video game simulations of our games and produce our YouTube videos.

Having (almost) completed the media package for Full Throttle, Alien will be my second table.

I'll be uploading some exclusive pictures and providing more details about Alien Pinball in our own forums at www.heighwaypinball.com over the next few days. I will also answer any questions and welcome any ideas or suggestions you have for this game.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just a cool thought for a feature of this game, since there is the lcd on the pf and I seem to recall some talk/possibility of side panel screens on the side of the cabinet? I don't know if that's verified, anyways, my idea is that when the ball drops into a subway, maybe the screen shows the alien in a duct, and the possibility of a game mode where another ball drops into play while the subway ball is held and you have to make shots to shoot the flamethrower and push it back. If you succeed, you get 2 ball multiball, if you fail, the other ball pops out and back into play (possibly with some penalty? I don't know)

Interesting idea! At this time, nothing is set in stone. We do plan to include modes from both the Alien and Aliens movies. As you can imagine we have a ton of material to choose from but only the best ideas will make it to the final game.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Russell,
Thank you for posting...I'll be checking the forum regularly, and couldn't be more excited for a title than this one!!!!....communication form your Team has been nothing short of amazing to this point, and greatly appreciated....hooray...ALIEN!!!!!!....mark

Thank you. Communication is key to our success...and a great end product of course!

8 months later
#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, super jealous of the people who got to see the prototype art lit up in person, I've only seen photos myself. I have some tweaks I think I'd like to make based on the pics, but backlit stuff is so hard to photograph to look like it does in real life.

I'll shoot some HD video in low lighting so you can see the backlit translite and side art and how it lights up. I'll send you the footage. It does look impressive.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dying here...dying!!!.....share when you can, please.....

As soon as we can and we can't wait!

1 week later
#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Cool your tits.

An interesting expression.

#1745 3 years ago

As a member of the Alien team, I can assure you that we are working hard on the game. We did show quite a bit at the UK Pinball Party to those luckily enough to attend. We will show more when we can but unlike Full Throttle, we are bound by licensing restrictions.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Had to make it...

Alien_01.jpg

I like it! This will be our new translite design ; )

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The great thing about that swap video is that it wasn't overly rehearsed. They could have easily practiced more and ironed out some of the little catches (like the 3 seconds lost forgetting to turn the game off before disconnecting etc.) but didn't need to. The honest truth is that it is quick, even with some catches here and there like in real life. No pretending or dressing up required. Awesome.

We only had one rehearsal before I shot the vid. Without the mistakes, I think we couldn't got the time down to 3 min 20.

This vid also shows just how durable the playfields are. The one being taken out is an old prototype and has been in and out of that cabinet many times so it's had a knock or two. I'm sure most people will be more careful with the swap but these things are built to last.

4 months later
#3982 2 years ago

The Colonial Marines logo is very similar to Atari, yes.

#4395 2 years ago

Yes, I overhauled the entire table with new art, rules, sound and music....I even added movie clips! Some of my ideas from that table didnt make it to the real thing. I always thought the sentry gun slingshots were cool. And the alien between the flippers....

AliensPF_(resized).JPG

3 months later
#5498 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I am asking you now, your ALIENS pinball absolutely MUST have the original James Horner score (and preferrably the Jerry Goldsmith one from the original ALIEN). It is vital for setting the mood of the films.

I agree, all movie-based pinball games should have the original music and not an electronic mock up (which I hate). But in most cases this isn't possible, for various reasons.

However, we have David Thiel and his compositions for our game are fantastic. He captures the atmosphere of both films perfectly. And there's no one more picky about music in pinball than me.

Music can massively change the atmosphere of any game. Terminator 2 is the best example - in the digital world I was able to create my own version of Terminator 2 but removed all the original music and added Brad Fiedel's superb score (from both films). Later I think PinSound were able to do the same thing to the real tables.

Nothing is better than the original music from the original composers but I think Alien is the closest any pinball game has been to offering a decent alternative.

#5501 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Do you have a link to your table so I can hear your T2 score/mix?

This is an older version of the game but skip ahead to the gameplay footage to hear the new sounds and music:

#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good info there Slam, cheers for that. Reading between the lines does that mean that no original film score music will be in the game? Sounds like you have the second best thing though.

David Thiel is composing most of the original music for our game. There is a possibility that some of the original music may be used.

#5505 2 years ago

...and JAWS, can you imagine this game without John Williams' score?

#5506 2 years ago

ok, back to topic....I am confident you will all love Alien, we have The 'A' (Alien) Team working on it. Lots of talent and lots of passion for the theme.

4 months later
#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Have they shot the promo?

Not yet, as Aurich said, we are submitting files to Fox for approval. Next week we start shooting the promo and you guys can finally see (and hear) everything.

3 weeks later
#7907 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I'm guessing you have to get both hypersleep inserts to fully light 'SCREAM AGAIN' in order to have the ball saver activate. I wonder if it is like a kickback where only balls down the left outline will be saved, or whether any drained balls will be saved?

Scream Again is a normal ball saver, and when lit, any balls drained will be returned in the normal way. The left 'Revive' feature comes into play when physical balls are locked in the Hypersleep Chamber (left ramp). If you have a ball locked and a ball drains on the left side, 1 of the locked balls will be released into play - you are revived. You then have to lock that ball again.

But only 1 of the revive lanes will be lit (at random) so some furious nudging is required to get the ball into the correct lane for the revive.

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Anyone know if Ripley's voice clips are used in the game? They were suspiciously absent from the promo video.

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) isn't in the game. The player is Ripley and so you experience first-hand everything she did in both movies.

#8347 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Edit: just read that you're supposed to be playing as Ripley, all I would like to know is, is her voice in the game or not, thanks

No, Sigourney Weaver is not part of this game in anyway. And no one on the team is more disappointed than me.

I guess we should've offered her more than a free pinball machine and a tour of the factory.

#8349 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No, Sigourney Weaver is not part of this game in anyway. And no one on the team is more disappointed than me.
I guess we should've offered her more than a free pinball machine and a tour of the factory.

Just to clarify....that's a joke

3 months later
#10457 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

He wasn't in the Back to the Future trilogy was he?

No certainly not. And we are not making a Back to the Future trilogy game, that's official.

4 weeks later
#11383 1 year ago

RIP Mr Bill Paxton, what a damn shame. So glad we get to honour his work in Aliens.

1 month later
#12662 1 year ago

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

1 week later
#12988 1 year ago

An update vid will be uploaded here shortly. Stay tuned!

#13117 1 year ago

I was just looking at the list of LE numbers taken and no one has claimed 161 yet (Fiona "Fury" 161). Still up for grabs!

#13304 1 year ago

^^^^ Good advice.

1 month later
#15030 1 year ago

Andrew has asked me to remove my concept Alien artwork from this thread. After 24 hours, I can't edit my post to remove the image, so please, everyone....look at the image below...."you will forget you ever saw the Alien LE concept artwork"...

2012_men_in_black_3_021 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#16431 1 year ago

Incredible work from the legendary Stan Winston there. How about this for the ultimate pinball toy...the actual drop ship model used in the film...only £40,000. Pop that on your Alien pinball game to impress your mates.

http://propstoreauction.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/78/lot/18108/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F78%2F%3Fpage%3D1

One of the early ideas I had for Alien pinball (firstly, I wanted to create a standalone Aliens game, not the 2 movies spliced together) was a drop ship toy mounted on a ramp where the wings would open up, like they do in the movie, and very bright flashers would pulsate on the wing tips, just like the movie. Anyway, the game went in another direction and the idea was dropped.

3 weeks later
#16942 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Alien is a "new" game, with only a literal handful of owners around the world. It would be insane to announce game 3 anytime soon. Andrew made that mistake with the original Alien announcement. They'd be fools to make the same mistake.

Yeah, game 3 will not be announced until sometime next year, I can guarantee that 100%. It is in development and looking great so far.

1 month later
#18634 1 year ago

IMO, the difficulty of a pinball game is entirely in the code. All shots should be makeable with relative ease.

2 weeks later
#18966 1 year ago

Thanks for your support! I hope you enjoy many hundreds of hours playing them.

3 weeks later
#19385 11 months ago

A Monty Python pinball game is long overdue. The top of most pinball game designers list I would say.

2 weeks later
#19716 10 months ago
Quoted from maximum:

....What I really wondering is the design of the upper right side of the pinball. There are 3 long and very narrow plastics one on the other. I think the design, two plastics seems just white, and they look so different to the rest of the art. Finally I think the have no use and just cover a part the sideart.
Do anyone knows why they are like that...
Markus

Those rails are just for decoration. Dave (the designer, who will probably pitch in when he wakes up) added them to offset the design of the ramps.

1 month later
#20248 9 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

Interest in Alien in the UK is pretty much zero. Which is ridiculous considering they are made here. They only have themselves to blame though- good luck with a 2nd game, I can't see anyone pre ordering after this shambles.

Yes, I completely agree. This whole situation has been handled poorly. Game number 3 is in development but no way in hell are we making any announcement until everything that's wrong with the Alien fiasco is fixed. And we can and will fix it.

Will anyone buy game number 3? Right now, I'd say not a chance. Or at least not in any significant number. We have to fix this, rebuild our reputation. Start over. And it all starts with making sure our games are reliable and backed up with a solid support structure.

To be frank, Andrew was only ever a half decent salesman (much like David Brent from The Office...in fact EXACTLY like David Brent from The Office.) Completely hopeless at managing a company and we've been dealing with the shit storm he left behind.

We've all come so close to losing our jobs so many times over the past few years, and many have quit. Those that remain, are completely committed to making this work. It would be very easy for us to just say "fuck it" and close the doors and move on, but we're not doing that. We have a plan and there is a future for this company.

If it helps (and it helps me), open your window right now, stick your head out and scream: "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

1 month later
#20777 7 months ago

Scorpions?

#21103 7 months ago

Happy Alien Day! I was hoping the investors would've made an official announcement but no, the story leaked. Yes the doors are closed and no one is employed at Heighway Pinball anymore. The company is done. Quite frankly, I would've plugged the plug a year ago. But at least some people got their games.

If it makes you feel any better, the investors were bullshitted by Andrew just as much as you guys were and they too fell for it hook, line and sinker. And those guys lost a serious amount of money. Ouch.

I lost my job but whatever, I can get another one.

#21116 7 months ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Indeed Ouch!
Good luck to youself and any other ex employees in finding new employment
Special shout to Morgan who I personally gave loads of grief to in my efforts obtaining a refund.
Hope you all go on to better things

Thanks. We had a great team, we all tried our best to make this work but when the money pot runs dry.....it's hopeless.

Farewell to the Heighway Pinball team:

HP Team (resized).jpg

#21117 7 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Commiserations, hope you are able to find alternative employment quickly.
Are you able to say whether or not there was a container of Alien LEs "ready to ship" to Cointaker?

The last machines I saw packed and ready to ship to the USA were for Aurich and Kelly. AFAIK, there is no container.

However, not all is lost. But I'll let the investors make their announcement.

#21162 7 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I agree the "Pinside Defense Force" needs to stop. People should be allowed to be negative. It's like those signs in the subway "If you see something, say something"
I was chastised by a moderator for dumping on Skit B back in the day, guess who was right? And over in the Alice Cooper thread someone was just moderated for suggesting the game might have issues (which I assure you it does).
Why it is only acceptable to bash Stern, the company most likely to get you a game on time and not steal your money?

Where there's smoke there's fire. It's a well known saying and speaks volumes. I've had to stay silent, but I've seen people being slammed for speaking the truth and trying to warn others on this site. Some have been banned. That's a sad state of affairs.

#21343 7 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did it get shipped??

It's with the shipping agent in the UK right now.

#21345 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks Russell, appreciate anyone providing facts these days.

I really want you and Kelly to get your games. You guys (the US team) made this game what it is, so I've been keeping an eye on them.

#21670 7 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Link re-posted for new page. £2000 passed!

Be careful with all that money Dave, Andrew might approach you with an interesting investment opportunity.

#21799 7 months ago

I hope there will be an unofficial mod of Alien at some point, with all the quotes from Sigourney Weaver, Ian Holm and John Hurt added. I would love the line: "Did IQs just drop suddenly when I was away?" for the tilt or ball drain. And Ian Holm's line: "I can't lie to you about your chances. But.....you have my sympathies" for game start.

1 week later
#21960 7 months ago

Some serious money was flushed down the toilet by the investors. And this is what happens when you invest with your heart and not your brain. Business is business, first and foremost.

#22007 7 months ago

Oh there were actually TWO Playboy pinball machines designed. Both by Barry Oursler. One was the widebody Aurich mentioned, and the other was for Andrew's other genius idea - The Coffee Table Pinball Machine. An idea so moronic it had us all in stitches, but Andrew was serious and more time and money was wasted on it.

#22121 7 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Yeah, don't blame Barry for the content of the demo game there. The only thing that's really his is the layout. The 'demo' was put together with whatever limited clip assets, images and stock music as a sample - no more than that - of what such a game could look like based around Andrew's idea. Not *intentionally* bad enough to change Andrew's mind (it didn't), but eh, it's not like we'd have cared. If anything, it made Andrew more convinced we could do the whole art and media package on the cheap.

Yes, Barry had no input in the demo at all, beyond designing the original layout (which I had to slightly modify for the demo). It's all my work so I take full responsibility. I protested against this theme from day one but I did what I could. And had some fun along the way, making it as cheesy as I could.

Andrew had a hard on for an adult themed game. I agree with him, there aren't enough adult-only themed pinball games, but that doesn't always mean soft core pornography.

Personally, I would've gone with horror - Evil Dead, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween...etc. With the money he wasted on Playboy we could've had anything we wanted.

#22131 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Alien IS an adult themed game.

Kind of. The original concept was much darker and scarier than the final game. I wanted to scare the player shitless.

2 months later
#22941 4 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Agree on the comment above. How did Andrew ever get the license anyway? Alien is ruined for me due to
Andrews actions. Lol. Such a horrible businessman!!

It was Roger Sharpe who helped secure the Alien license for Andrew.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Stone Ridge, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
11,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Houston, TEXAS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 219.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
€ 15.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside