zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17094 6 years ago

Hopefully the ship isn't piloted by this guy....

Joseph-Hazelwood (resized).jpgJoseph-Hazelwood (resized).jpg

4 months later
#20239 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummm... yes, AFAIK. Do you have some reason to believe it doesn't do so?

Yes.

#20241 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can you provide some details?

Yes. The game that Andrew lied about and conned Clay into buying for the last VFW showcase (which arrived after the showcase as Andrew lied about when he shipped it) has flaky scoring for player 4 during the 1st ball. Then, the code runs away during the 2nd ball and the game eventually locks up. Basically, we put a sign on the bottom arch stating only play a 1-3 player game.

#20243 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Which code version is this?

I have no idea. For reference, let's call it "v 100". Whatever we could get via the silent treatment from Heighway Pinball. So, basically nothing.
This is notwithstanding the new computer that recently arrived, without the necessary cables nine months later.
Also keep in mind the POS sold the machine with no Alein head mechanism.

#20260 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I guess the guy with 2 points worked twice as hard.
Yeah, those are pretty wacky scores. I'm not aware of any problems like that with current code. (Version number shows up when powering on the game or entering the operator menus.) I believe Clay has a new computer as part of his care package that should have current code. Once that is up and running, please let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Are you saying that this is the only/first time you are hearing of this scenario? Game was shipped about May 10, 2017. That's what code it has, the May 10, 2017 version.

Thanks. And no thanks to that POS, Andrew Heighway. What appropriate initials he has.

#20267 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is the same game that Clay just got all the replacement hardware for right, including the new PC so it can run latest stuff, etc... right?
Is this really a current concern, or are you working on the old premise of what they had prior to about two weeks ago?

Yes, and yes. No response for over six months. Especially the Alien Head mechanism.

2 weeks later
#20443 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

They did make a pin before. Full Throttle.

So it is worth noting:

Never never ever preorder a pinball machine from a company that has not made at least two production pinball machines (at least 750 machines each) before.

Never Ever.

1 week later
#20499 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Looks like he is spending my money and having a great time. Still no $1500 refund after requesting for over 9 months. Such a shame!

Remember, he sold his successful pinball COmpaNy, Heighway Pinball.

I read it on the Internet so it must be true.....

#20537 5 years ago

Probably just a fuse.....

1 week later
#20632 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What's the alien topper

The president/chairman/CEO of Alien Enterprises. This is per an article in Replay Magazine.

1 week later
#20859 5 years ago

Maybe Andy will offer Hydrofoil direct shipping. Cash in advance and then a minor two week wait.....

#20868 5 years ago

Check the game manual and parts diagram to see if that is the correct part supplied on all games. If the glue was that rough to break, it was designed and verified to work long-term.

#20880 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Must be new here lol JK. Maybe that was sarcasm!

Yep!

#21121 5 years ago

To paraphrase Charles Montgomery Burns; It should be the goal of all of us to see to it that Andrew Heighway's life dreams go UNFULFILLED.

I apologize for using the technique of one of the Heighway fanboys who CAPITALIZES a single word in a post to make it believable. Did he ever get his free replacement machine?

#21125 5 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I know this is sort of meant to be a joke, but I have to admit that this perspective of not calling a spade a spade or raising red flags here on Pinside is utter bullshit. At this point, Andrew Heighway deserves to be called out as the lying piece of shit con artist that he is without a lick of moderation...and he deserved to be called that years ago. Yet Pinside protected him...
I get that you guys have to make tough decisions and just want everyone to get along drama-free, but it is still pretty eye-opening that people were moderated, suspended, or ejected back when they were trying to show that there were red flags about Andrew and his business history, yet people like Hilton were allowed to continue preaching on with unsubstantiated claims about how everything was just fine and Andrew needed to be supported.
This situation absolutely sucks and I truly feel for the employees that were victimized by this as much as the customers. But I think with this being the third company to go down in flames after conning people out of tens of thousands of dollars, Pinside needs to reconsider its approach to people that are raising legitimate concerns about these companies and allow them to ask the hard questions.
If the company has nothing to hide, then they should be able to defend themselves.

Agreed. I've been moderated several times for this. Once for calling Andrew exactly that. I also love the instant tattle-tales whenever I called out a certain fan-boy who, once again caused people to lose money.

#21288 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings.

You won't be "interviewed by the police"; you will be served court papers you dumbass.

Quoted from AndrewH:

I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

Good luck with that.

Your apologies are hollow and fake. Pay everyone back every dollar owed for undelivered machines and parts with cold hard cash from "Selling your successful pinball COmpaNy". You blatantly lied to people and did not stop.

Then there is the issue of unpaid services rendered.

May you rot and burn in Hell.

#21289 5 years ago

Where's Waldo?

Pied Piper of Preorder (resized).PNGPied Piper of Preorder (resized).PNG

#21290 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This seems like a good enough time to break my Pinside fast...

Andrew. You are a liar. A fucking liar. You’ve been lying since Expo 2014 when you said Alien would ship in April 2015. Calling you a liar isn’t libel or slander since you did it over and over and over and there’s plenty of documented proof. You’ve caused financial and emotional harm to my friends who trusted you, so fuck you, you fucking asshole. You suck. Your company sucks. Full Throttle or “Foo Twah-oh” as you called it, sucks. Hydrofoils suck.

You know, maybe he was going to sell the hydrofoils or empty the "save the hydrofoil" acCOuNt" and along with personal funds, pay everyone back. Now that we're all disrespecting him, he may not pay everyone back. I think the clown is wisCONsin wants us to stop this "rubbish" at least until he gets his replacement machine.....

#21297 5 years ago

Gotta change the initials.....

#21339 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Uckfa Ouya

#21395 5 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

It's pretty funny when a rat who jumps off a sinking ship complains about people calling him a rat.
Quick translation: "Guys, I feel really bad about this, but it wasn't my fault and you better not call me names or I'll sue the shit out of you."

C'mon; he apologized. Didn't offer any financial restitution though. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you hate his fcukin' guts or is it just me?

#21499 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

And you may want to revisit your posting history... it pretty much speaks for itself.

Selective amnesia.....

#21628 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The fact that they're selling those games to new buyers and NOT sending them to customers who have already paid has GOT to be illegal....if not, then a total douche move & should always be remembered & repeated when they start their new CONpany. I'll say it right here so it's preserved for Google (unless it gets moderated lol). NEVER BUY A PINBALL MACHINE from "The Pinball Brothers" or anyone who was involved in the fraudulent failure of a company from the liar windbag Andrew Heighway.

I would have spelled it COmpaNy. I still recommended your post.

#21742 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you have posts edited by the mods? I looked back and your post laying out a crash and burn scenario -- which seems on-point in light of what actually appears to have happened -- is still there:

(This was only your second post in the thread, so I'm not sure who you'd been saying it to for months). You also later clarified that this was your opinion and not based on direct knowledge, and didn't cite any sources that might have verified your statements. I'm sure you had your reasons for keeping everything anonymous, but that does make it harder for people to put stock in your words.

Sometimes posts get completely deleted. Like they never happened.
BTDT, got the T-shirt & coffee mug.

1 week later
#22100 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Andrew Heighway was seemingly totally unhinged. Who the fuck would buy that in 2018. Unbelievable

Route Operators would for bars and strip clubs. Those would sell like hotcakes. North America and Europe.

#22105 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Are there games in strip clubs? If there are I never noticed.
If more than 50 people would have bought that game then yes I would habe been surprised. But then again I'm often surprised by what "people do".

See post 58 in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-make-money-putting-machines-on-location/page/2#post-3916174

#22111 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Further proof AH was a total buffoon.

He still is.

#22156 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm curious why Andrew maintains his Pinside account.

To help protect his good name & reputation.

#22192 5 years ago

How is the dude from the Show Me State coming along?

VDee (resized).jpgVDee (resized).jpg

Vonnie D (resized).pngVonnie D (resized).png

Research and Development (resized).PNGResearch and Development (resized).PNG

1 month later
#22600 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I find being on vacation while all of these refunds are due a bit sketchy too. It's says my vacation was more important than your refund.

As long as they weren't Hydrofoil shopping. Maybe they are trying to get the labelmaker fixed.

I hear that ballpoint pens which you can write an address on a plain envelope with are now available in Pennsylvania.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.