zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 601.
#21301 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

The're busy in the Apu thread...

#21302 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The're busy in the Apu thread...

No need in that thread. It's following all the rules to a tee.

#21304 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Wait... after all of this, you’re going to come on here and threaten people??

Are you kidding me?????

Wow. Just wow.

#21305 5 years ago

Good ridden’s to the band of misfits!!! Andrew failed all of us period. Theme was cool but game sucked.

Play Iron Maiden if you want a fun awesome game!! The pro is amazing. Played last night!!!

#21306 5 years ago

Oh wow, is that what I saw in the previous page the most unpopular post on Pinside ever?

-81 (resized).jpg-81 (resized).jpg

#21307 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Oh wow, is that what I saw in the previous page the most unpopular post on Pinside ever?

Let's hope we break 100!

#21308 5 years ago

I have a question guys ... i would like to add a cliffy protector around the xenomorph magnet. Are there any protectors available anywhere that would fit the magnet size? Thanks.

#21309 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Hey andrewh very soon all these “NDA” documents you have hid behind look to expire and the real truth of what you did will come out and there will be no mercy. I hope you get sued by the second investors, I hope you get sued by your customers you stole from, and I hope you get sued for fraudulently soliciting “investments” for the hydrofoil BS you are now involved in.
You are not successful, you have no integrity, you have no honesty.
I guarantee if Heighway Pinball was in the USA you would have been sued years ago and forensic accountants would have torn you apart. You lucked out being so far away.

#21310 5 years ago

The hate is here. It’s just not evenly distributed.

I see a lot of anger directed towards Andrew in this thread, but what about the four guys who have been in control since Andrew’s departure ?

These four directors at Heighway Pinball also represents 89,01% of the Pinball Brothers’s shares. Both companies are controlled by the same four directors. These are:

Cato Paus Skrede (Norway)
Mats Daniel Janson (Sweden)
Alexander Thomas Spohr (Germany)
Johan Patrik Tenn (Sweden)

The current majority owner in Heighway is “Umbrella Corporation AS”, which is owned by Cato Paus Skrede and Roger Svanevik (Norway).

That means that they had full control of both companies. These are the people responsible for transferring assets from Heighway Pinball to their own company, Pinball Brothers - before voting to liquidate Heighway Pinball.

These are the same people who knowingly misled their customers with promises of production and shipping dates, while at the same time transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company.

This highly unethical. If it also is illegal, the directors can be held personally liable for the company’s actions.

The distribution of shares in Pinball Brothers Limited is as follows:

Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus Skrede (Through the Norwegian company “Umbrella Corporation AS): 47.77%
Mats Daniel Janson and Johan Patrik Tenn (Through the Swedish company White Walker AB): 25.04%
Alexander Spohr: 16.2%
Jutta Spohr: 1.58%
Stefan Riedler: 4.22%
Philip Young: 0.53%
Angus Bailey: 4.66%

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/officers

#21311 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

The hate is here. It’s just not evenly distributed.
I see a lot of anger directed towards Andrew in this thread, but what about the four guys who have been in control since Andrew’s departure ?
These four directors at Heighway Pinball also represents 89,01% of the Pinball Brothers’s shares. Both companies are controlled by the same four directors. These are:
Cato Paus Skrede (Norway)
Mats Daniel Janson (Sweden)
Alexander Thomas Spohr (Germany)
Johan Patrik Tenn (Sweden)
The current majority owner in Heighway is “Umbrella Corporation AS”, which is owned by Cato Paus Skrede and Roger Svanevik (Norway).
That means that they had full control of both companies. These are the people responsible for transferring assets from Heighway Pinball to their own company, Pinball Brothers - before voting to liquidate Heighway Pinball.
These are the same people who knowingly misled their customers with promises of production and shipping dates, while at the same time transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company.
This highly unethical. If it also is illegal, the directors can be held personally liable for the company’s actions.
The distribution of shares in Pinball Brothers Limited is as follows:
Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus Skrede (Through the Norwegian company “Umbrella Corporation AS): 47.77%
Mats Daniel Janson and Johan Patrik Tenn (Through the Swedish company White Walker AB): 25.04%
Alexander Spohr: 16.2%
Jutta Spohr: 1.58%
Stefan Riedler: 4.22%
Philip Young: 0.53%
Angus Bailey: 4.66%
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/officers

you mentioned "transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company"

To make a statement like this I take it you have actual proof?

#21312 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

you mentioned "transferring the remaining value from the soon to be bankrupt Heighway Pinball to their new (and debt free) Pinball Brothers company"

Pure conjecture on my part. I'll immediately withdraw that statement and humbly apologize if it turns out that there is anything of value left at the creditor meeting on may 4.

#21313 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

You are not successful,

I would say with 100+ downvotes on a single post, he’s successfully hated by our entire community.

207A959D-4259-4DFC-B990-3834411914B7 (resized).jpeg207A959D-4259-4DFC-B990-3834411914B7 (resized).jpeg

#21314 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would say with 100+ downvotes on a single post, he’s successfully hated by our entire community.

Wow.

#21315 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Deeproot just said they tried to buy Queen from them and they refused, so logical to assume that is now in the new company, allegedly.

#21316 5 years ago

Hahahaha, Andrew threatening people is rich. Bring it on you giant shit stain.

You fucked a lot of people over, and the rumors about how badly you treated some of your employees are just the icing on the cake.

I hope your hydrofoil sinks and every chocolate chip cookie you bite into turns out to be oatmeal raisin.

#21317 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

And such things are illegal in most countries but the timeframe can change, in some it's like only 6 months or 1 year.
So if they immediately moved assets last year and kept HWP alive until the period had passed, it's possible they are safe now.

All speculation from my part - but if they did something they may be legally ok but I hope then that they won't get customers anymore in their new venture.. I'd think they've burnt most of their goodwill now in the pinball community can't imagine they could find new customers to sell 100's of games if they can get them produced in a new company..

#21319 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Have your pinball creditors been contacting your new hydrofoil investors, or posting your words on hydrofoil forums?

Which provincial police department should complaints be filled with?

Who were your accountants?

#21320 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

And such things are illegal in most countries but the timeframe can change, in some it's like only 6 months or 1 year.
So if they immediately moved assets last year and kept HWP alive until the period had passed, it's possible they are safe now.

If this is the case, they may be legally safe regarding asset transfers between the companies. However,...

The existing and new customers patiently expected shipments from Heighway Pinball. Representatives of the company kept stalling for time and soliciting money for a 9-10 month period after the takeover. If the directors had knowledge that indicated that Heighway Pinball would not be able to deliver on the promises made, this is misleading - at best.

#21321 5 years ago

Wow, that perfectly describes what is, hypothetically, happening here.

#21322 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

as I will defend myself and my integrity.

It's going to be pretty hard to defend something that doesn't exist. You lied to me in person at tpf trying to get me to buy a game. You lied to thousands of us promising things that you knew could not happen in attempts to get our money. Then you slinked out the door to absolve yourself of the debts to start a new scam. You are a pretty pathetic person.

#21323 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Wow, the word decency must have no meaning to you.

#21324 5 years ago

Put me on that list of being lied to. When you contacted me and said you were staring at my LE game ready to ship and you needed my next payment. We're you being honest. Karma will get you sooner or later. You sir are a piece of shit!

#21325 5 years ago

Andrew wanting to make a Playboy pin in 2018 shows you just how clueless he is.

#21326 5 years ago

I sure hope Andrew’s little boat works better than the xenomorph head...

58501388-B973-450B-9FCD-A6307064ABB9 (resized).jpeg58501388-B973-450B-9FCD-A6307064ABB9 (resized).jpeg

#21327 5 years ago

This needs more attention- from the link above....

Snap22 (resized).jpgSnap22 (resized).jpg

#21328 5 years ago

Very enlightening podcast this morning about who knew what about what on Pinside regarding this fiasco.

#21329 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very enlightening podcast this morning about who knew what about what on Pinside regarding this fiasco.

A lot of people hear a lot of things.

But they don't SAY anything to stay in the good graces of pinball companies they want to be buddy-buddy with.

#21330 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Put me on that list of being lied to. When you contacted me and said you were staring at my LE game ready to ship and you needed my next payment. We're you being honest. Karma will get you sooner or later. You sir are a piece of shit!

same here and i promise you andrew if we ever meet you will know you stole 6500 from me you thief!

#21331 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

what podcast?

#21332 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A lot of people hear a lot of things.
But they don't SAY anything to stay in the good graces of pinball companies they want to be buddy-buddy with.

Yup, such is life sadly. You can bet too that if Heighway or whatever they call themselves next say that there are a few LEs for sale that should've gone to other people that have already paid for them that there would be people who wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

#21333 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

... and i promise you andrew if we ever meet you will know you stole 6500 from me you thief!

im right there with you. lets make that happen!!

#21334 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what podcast?

Voted Best Podcast of the Year!

#21335 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I agree the "Pinside Defense Force" needs to stop. People should be allowed to be negative. It's like those signs in the subway "If you see something, say something"
I was chastised by a moderator for dumping on Skit B back in the day, guess who was right? And over in the Alice Cooper thread someone was just moderated for suggesting the game might have issues (which I assure you it does).
Why it is only acceptable to bash Stern, the company most likely to get you a game on time and not steal your money?

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Where there's smoke there's fire. It's a well known saying and speaks volumes. I've had to stay silent, but I've seen people being slammed for speaking the truth and trying to warn others on this site. Some have been banned. That's a sad state of affairs.

And some of us who were not actually banned simply stopped posting altogether because of it. The lack of critical discourse on Pinside is obvious. Everyone (including those who actually try to be unbiased) is categorized into one side or the other (you are either pro-Heighway or anti-Heighway, pro-Stern or anti-Stern etc) in the never ending tribal battles.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

#21336 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yup, such is life sadly. You can bet too that if Heighway or whatever they call themselves next say that there are a few LEs for sale that should've gone to other people that have already paid for them that there would be people who wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

If Heighway sold preordered pins that were endebted to other people, with the goal of getting cash flow injections when they weren’t able to trade otherwise or were cash negative, would that be considered as trading insolvent?

#21337 5 years ago

I'm slightly disappointed he didn't go forward with his 'Heighway Foods' brand instead:

Domain Name: HEIGHWAYFOODS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2001397037_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2016-02-25T03:50:03.00Z
Creation Date: 2016-02-09T11:49:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-02-09T11:49:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ANDREW HEIGHWAY
Registrant Organization: EURO SCREEN MEDIA

#21338 5 years ago

Man,

I wrote this weeks ago with no response:

Good morning,
I have some questions regarding ALIEN Pinball Machine.
How far is the progress that the Game will be finished and leave prototype status?
Last month I talked to Heighway Staff at EXPO in Eindhoven, and I was told, that a lot of playfields have to be replaced.
So, what is the problem and what is the solution to prevent damage in the future?
Maybe same problems like JJP has?
After playing the Game my later impression was, that some function are not done yet and stil under development?
I think the small monitor on the upper left is not bulletproof... is that really the last design?
Often the movies running to fast and not synchronous... is that a current issue?
How long is the delivery time after signed order and what kind of editions will be available?
Is the 35th anniversary a limited edition for selected distributer only?
Staff told me it will be possible to rebuilt all simple equipped games into complete limited edition or similar?
So all the games are prepared for an upgrade?
I heard rumors of an option to order oldfashion cabinet and backbox for ALIEN if wished by customers ... is that true?
I like the innovative design and the Theme of the Pinball Machine and I really think about to buy it.
But actually there are more questions as answers.

regards
Dirk

So, some days later this was my answer:

Ok, no answer is also an answer – thanks for nothing!

I'm sorry for all you guys who lost a lot of money!

#21339 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Uckfa Ouya

#21340 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe, I'll worry about it all after/if I actually get it. But I'm not really convinced that it's something I want to look at all the time. Until it's here it's not really something I'm gonna worry about. I'm not the guy to take it to shows and whatnot though, I'm no spokesperson for the game.
Just went through too much BS to want to dredge it up in stories for people over and over.

Sell all the parts out of it, take the cab & head out to the back corner of the yard & grow weed in it.
Or geraniums.
JK. Aurich you deserve & are owed the game. If I were you, I'd keep it. However, if it bothers you that much, perhaps you could sell it to someone who'd appreciate the game, hopefully someone who'd take it to shows, & if you're not hard up for cash, donate half to one of those charities that puts pinball in hospitals. It would be a win-win-win. Or more precisely, a win-win-at least I got something out of this.

#21341 5 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

aurich you deserve & are owed the game. If I were you, I'd keep it.

Did it get shipped??

#21342 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did it get shipped??

Nope, a kind Pinsider who's following up on it all since I apparently can't be bothered just reported to me that they're at the dock waiting for some payment before they'll ship. I'm not particularly worried, I think it will happen, but until the game is sitting in my garage it's all in the wind.

I don't mean to sound flip about it all, I'm just burnt. I care, but I don't, if you know what I mean. I'm just rolling with the punches.

#21343 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did it get shipped??

It's with the shipping agent in the UK right now.

#21344 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It's with the shipping agent in the UK right now.

Thanks Russell, appreciate anyone providing facts these days.

#21345 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks Russell, appreciate anyone providing facts these days.

I really want you and Kelly to get your games. You guys (the US team) made this game what it is, so I've been keeping an eye on them.

#21346 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Just go away.

I can’t wait for the last few of these clownish companies to fold so we can get past this idiotic chapter in the pinball hobby.

#21347 5 years ago

RobT & Rarehero drawn back again to post on this subject? It's nice to see when valued members return to contribute again. Many here miss your voices of reason.

Quoted from RobT:

And some of us who were not actually banned simply stopped posting altogether because of it. The lack of critical discourse on Pinside is obvious. Everyone (including those who actually try to be unbiased) is categorized into one side or the other (you are either pro-Heighway or anti-Heighway, pro-Stern or anti-Stern etc) in the never ending tribal battles.
Sad state of affairs indeed.

This is so true. The "killing the messenger" attitude needs to change. When I was paid in full on Alien & Kim was raising questions about Andrew & HP's credit status, I just flat out did not want to hear it at the time. Didn't want to believe it. Many of us were wearing blinders & had too much invested for this project to fail. Look at any of the other failed projects from other companies. We just get wrapped up in our own little bubble & it can be hard to see the forest for the trees. The mob mentality if you will.

It took time, but thankfully those posts from various pinsiders waving red flags finally began to sink in. Without people questioning what was going on & posting about it, many more people would have lost their money. So if I down-voted the whistleblowers in the past, I'd like to formally apologize. My rose colored glasses were pretty thick at the time.

But now that the preorder model is dead, and many startups have crashed & burned, I think the community can move past all of this bullshit. Not having a risky financial stake in these projects will make a world of difference. Lessons have been learned, that's for sure. Just get back to enjoying pinball.

PS: Andrew is a daft lying deceitful muppet. I'll never forget the way you duped me on the phone & tricked me into sending my balance payment. Karma is a bitch, and I take great pleasure in knowing she'll follow you wherever you go.

#21348 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

RobT & Rarehero drawn back again to post on this subject? It's nice to see when valued members return to contribute again. Many here miss your voices of reason.

This is so true. The "killing the messenger" attitude needs to change. When I was paid in full on Alien & Kim was raising questions about Andrew & HP's credit status, I just flat out did not want to hear it at the time. Didn't want to believe it. Many of us were wearing blinders & had too much invested for this project to fail. Look at any of the other failed projects from other companies. We just get wrapped up in our own little bubble & it can be hard to see the forest for the trees. The mob mentality if you will.
It took time, but thankfully those posts from various pinsiders waving red flags finally began to sink in. Without people questioning what was going on & posting about it, many more people would have lost their money. So if I down-voted the whistleblowers in the past, I'd like to formally apologize. My rose colored glasses were pretty thick at the time.
But now that the preorder model is dead, and many startups have crashed & burned, I think the community can move past all of this bullshit. Not having a risky financial stake in these projects will make a world of difference. Lessons have been learned, that's for sure. Just get back to enjoying pinball.
PS: Andrew is a daft lying deceitful muppet. I'll never forget the way you duped me on the phone & tricked me into sending my balance payment. Karma is a bitch, and I take great pleasure in knowing she'll follow you wherever you go.

Well said

#21349 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Major upvote for your post man, takes a big man to admit his mistakes especially publicly, at the end of the day though we all wanted this to succeed and become a successful production game, so even those of us that where aware Andrew was as good with money as a child with jelly beans wanted him to prove he can actually run a successful business (there is a first for everything) and for this to be a hit!

Now let’s see if the two biggest HP cheerleaders who downvoted and reported any post remotely questioning Andrews status and HP as a whole come out of the woodwork.....

#21350 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Andrew wanting to make a Playboy pin in 2018 shows you just how clueless he is.

The Playboy license was first pitched to the upstairs team in, I think, 2014, and opinions ranged from the ambivalent to the really really outright hostile. This was before the brand itself was forced to sharply change direction and people really *did* end up having to read the magazine for the articles, but even back then I knew that a British company taking on a brand that was synonymous with bygone-America - particularly for the age range in an American-led market that would be expected to buy the machines - was a spectacularly bad idea that couldn't possibly be met with anything other than a hostile response.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/427 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.