• 27,339 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,468 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Alien-2pc-Ejects001 (resized).jpg
5CD8F574-64D1-424F-9964-A3D8C2C4A0C4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200807_194811413 (resized).jpg
DF272389-D54D-4094-9992-F8EA25FE9664 (resized).jpeg
F1EE8DB8-0DAF-4A96-93A2-C2C55E045BEF (resized).jpeg
25478564-A86F-40FF-B0B2-36B937DF6DDB (resized).jpeg
6FC76985-7811-4CC9-895A-C3F0F2094F98 (resized).jpeg
DDD0AD8C-A8DA-4BD0-9AF1-195C1D3C5A3B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200522_174432 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_105253 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_104733 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_105612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_110704 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_105612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_105253 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (3 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (3 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2547 4 years ago

Any thoughts on the fiber optic wire being made available as an add on to standard games?

Just thinking about getting a Full Throttle, but would love the Alien fiber optic wires on the ramps. I guess right now the only way to get those would be to get a complete Alien LE game vs just the playfield.

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yes it will. Being tested at the moment. No pricing available yet. Beacons and shaker will also become available as upgrade.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yes it will. Being tested at the moment. No pricing available yet. Beacons and shaker will also become available as upgrade.

Sweet!! thank you

#2598 4 years ago

I'm pretty excited about the potential of this game. I think the layout looks great. So many shots.

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me too! Remember, this is in Wales, I haven't flipped it. I'm as excited as any of you to get to play it. 4 flippers, and they all have real and meaningful shots? Yes please. This isn't another fan layout, there's something new going on here.

Agreed. Full Throttle for me was a breath of fresh air too. Different layout with unique feeling shots. I love what Heighway is doing.

As soon as there in stock somewhere in the US I'm going to pick one up and then add an Alien playfield when it comes out.

#2612 4 years ago

I'm not in on the pre order either, but personally, I don't like the playfield screen.

I played quite a bit of Full Throttle and didn't even look at it. I didn't like the look of the wood around the screen either. I much prefer the screen in the backbox.

I prefer the look and the way a regular playfield plays vs one with a portion of it as plastic. There are great games with plastic as part of them: ACDC, CFTBL, Congo for example, but I would prefer not to have that in every Heighway game.

2 months later
#3148 4 years ago

I plan on getting Alien and Full Throttle at some point. I'm more excited for Alien overall, but Full Throttle was my favorite game at Expo this year to shoot. I think it will be a descent hit when more people get a chance to play and it's available from Cointaker to buy. It's fast and the shots feel unique and a very satisfying to hit.

3 weeks later
#4193 4 years ago

I'm just now getting around to looking at everything and I think the artwork looks great. It's dark and moody and fits the theme really well. Great work Aurich!!

5 months later
#6577 4 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a FT playfield kit when I get Alien...I wonder if Andrew will offer any deals if you get both at the same time.

1 month later
#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Doubt= Don't Buy!
Confidence= Small Deposit!
Concerned= Wait, try then buy!
It's really quite simple, your just being an A$$!
Yet, Andrew answered you like a true gentleman.

This sums it up perfectly. Highway has proven they can manufacture and deliver games. That's hard to do and they've done it. I look forward to seeing Alien and will likely get one and an FT kit at the same time.

1 month later
#8159 3 years ago

Quick question on the blade art. Can it be removed? I would assume so since all the other art is modular.

3 months later
#10171 3 years ago

I think it's looking really good.

1 week later
#10374 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

It seems strange to me how much enthusiasm there is over this title - Highways first game was a big cheap feeling dud, this one is way delayed, has not been completely revealed, it obviously has not been tested since it didn't work half the time at the last show, and it's gonna ship (hopefully)with shallow, early code. I really want you early owners to love your games, but it would be a while before the game could get good with code. I hope I'm wrong & you all love your shiny new toys!

I disagree. I think FT is one of the most fun pins to shoot and doesn't feel cheap at all. I love the speed and the layout of the shots. The only issue I have with the game is the right ramp...it seems like it curves a bit early and makes it really hard to hit...not impossible, but hard. I've got maybe 15-20 games total on FT at shows, so maybe if I owned it I would get better at hitting the ramp.

1 week later
#10647 3 years ago

The factory tour was impressive. That gives a glimpse of the investment involved and to me provides a lot of confidence in the operation as a whole.

I'm really looking forward to playing and most likely getting one when they are available. I think Alien is looking awesome.

It would be cool if they offered some sort of package deal if you Alien and a FT kit at the same time.

#10655 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not trolling with this question, as an LE buyer, where is the artwork? I'm assuming at this stage there isn't any since Aurich came in here and didn't even comment on the one thing he should know something about
If games are shipping next week wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the LE artwork is done? Or just isn't any? Why is it a secret at this point anyhow?
Assembly line looks good!

I'm betting the art is in the approval process.

#10656 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Why not send them a quick e-mail and check if that is possible. You never know until you try

Agreed. It's worth a shot

1 week later
#10920 3 years ago

Congrats! That's great news.

#11009 3 years ago

Hey heighwaypinball Andrew,

Just curious if you have thought about a package deal if someone wants an Alien and a FT kit at the same time?

2 weeks later
#11508 3 years ago

I think I've seen enough videos. I ordered the LE today.

#11535 3 years ago

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I'm curious. I ordered an LE, but I also want to consider future proofing this cabinet for potential kits.

- how hard are the blades to remove? (I think they look awesome)

- how hard is the trim to remove?

- could I switch the green or blue trim for chrome? I really like the green and think it fits the theme really well, but it might be nice to have something more neutral for future kits.

3 weeks later
#12318 3 years ago

It was great to meet the Highway team and play Alien at TPF this weekend. I think Alien is an incredible overall package. The lights, sounds, callouts, screen, modes, shots, etc...the geometry and shots are different and I think that's great because it will stand out from the Sterns and Bally/Williams games I have.

I got to see the LE side art and the options they are thinking about and they both look awesome. Andrew is really nice and engaging person and I love the way his team communicates and interacts with the community. I think they have a lot of passion for what they're doing and it really shows.

I asked Andrew about the location of the fiber optic on the ramps and it's going to be on the long return lane on the left and the return on the right...on the plastic portion and not the wireform. He said in his talk that these fiber optics will do some things not done in pinball before.

Looking forward to LE #115 and future kits from them.

#12444 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....

Agreed on the cliffy. I wish all scoops, on all news games, by every manufacturer, came with cliffy's.

#12464 3 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Nah. Cliffy needs our money too! All modders need our money or we won't get cool mods

Cliffy could be the supplier. I bet a win/win scenario could be worked out.

1 week later
#12607 3 years ago

Any news? It's been pretty quiet lately.

2 weeks later
#13070 3 years ago

The LE artwork looks awesome. I hope the LE buyers get the full translight who are getting the big screen. It would look great framed in the game room.

1 month later
#14290 3 years ago

Great to see an LE in a home. Looking forward to getting mine.

#14556 3 years ago

Sounds like good news is coming soon. Personally, as long as I get my LE at some point I'm good.

#14772 3 years ago

Looking forward to the announcement. I hope we don't have to wait until next week to hear what's going on.

#14812 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good you qualified your statements. It's VERY dangerous and risky otherwise. I was seriously considering pulling my LE deposit specifically because your posts, presented as fact. I'm not now though.

Agreed. It was coming off as fact to me as well.

2 months later
#15877 3 years ago

There is a lot I really like about this game.

The one issue I have is the feed into the upper right flipper. There are two great shots off that flipper, but it doesn't seem to come into play that often. It feels clunky off the lower left flipper and a 50/50 shot to go in from the pops. I feel that major shots should be set up better. Maybe I'll feel different when I get more time on the game.

The original design of the magnet would have ben cool, but I would have preferred a diverter off the left orbit shot to send it to the upper right flipper. You probably would have sacrificed a pop bumper to make room, but I think that would have been perfect.

#15881 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

interesting. I feel the opposite. I can set up the upper right flipper anytime I have the ball on the lower left flipper. It is a clean shoot to the dead end and a nice return to upper right. That essentially means 50% of the time I can set up that shot if desired. Aside from that I can launch to the pops and have the ability to nudge and try and get the set up. I think you may need more time with the shots. The more I play the more natural the shots feel. Same thing happened with FullT.

You may be right. I might just need more time on it. That's good to hear you feel that way.

6 months later
#19908 2 years ago

It's good to see parts getting out.

1 week later
#20131 2 years ago

How is the magnet action near the Xenomorph? When I played it last year at Texas it didn't seem to do a lot. Does it act to just hold the ball for the ball lock or does it act like Sparky magnet at all?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a production Alien at TPF?

#20133 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

It flings the ball on every hit advancing towards Ambush Multiball. There are a few places where this is disabled, notably when modes and multiballs are already running.
It grabs the ball during mode and multiball starts at the targets to allow for presentation.
There's a lot of randomness in the fling effect - I've seen it nearly throw the ball into the center drain. I've also seen it throw upwards back into the targets for a second hit.

Nice. That's what I was hoping to hear. I was in on an LE last year through Highway and got out when things went south.

I'm considering getting one when they are available to pick up/ship from Cointaker.

2 months later
#21127 2 years ago

I'm glad I got out of my LE when I could. I had a deposit direct with them. When all the stuff with Andrew came to light I did a chargeback on my CC, after trying to contact Highway about it, and got my money back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mt Vernon, WA
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside