• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dee-bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9387 2 years ago

I will own this game one day! Terrible negotiating tactic, I know..but damn! Can't wait to try one next may in Edmonton

#9416 2 years ago

Came here to read the update but Andrew is probably waiting for the 3 old guys to stop arguing about a kids mode for one minute so he can post it! Please show me one thread on this site not derailed by old men trading jabs about absolutely nothing!

#9424 2 years ago

Haha..I guess I'm a grumpy old man too !

#9560 2 years ago

I agree..great vid! But turn up the heat for the boys! I'm sure it would speed up production too

2 weeks later
#9742 2 years ago

Dasfukkinwesome rulesheeet... can't wait to play this game already!!

#9751 2 years ago

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#9762 2 years ago

All I wished for Christmas is that I was in Germany at Freddy's pinball paradise to play this game today.. dammm u Santa

2 weeks later
#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

please explain the blue. i thought alien was like a green theme.

What the hell does that mean.. "like a green theme"??? It doesn't matter what Heighway releases for updates.. people are gonna reach to the far depths of obscurity to find things to complain about!!

#10184 2 years ago

Those old-school orange beacons are an eyesore! Dammit, i didn't want to complain about this machine but would probably pass on those and build my own out of a tow truck light!

Screenshot_20170118-104719 (resized).png

#10189 2 years ago

"Dee-Bow!! What did i tell ya about bitchin' on the internet?! Shut yer'yapper & Get back to work!"

"Sawrry"

Old school beacons make total sense alien franchise wise! & I would be very content with either style if there was one in my house!

1 week later
#10453 2 years ago

This is where Andy interrupts you guys with a teaser video of some crazy mode yet to be seen. !!

#10496 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Just so that people are aware: work from my end has been slow on Alien for the last couple of weeks since my brother died; I had to shoot off at very short notice back to Northern Ireland for a funeral service and to address some family matters. I fly back tomorrow, normal service should be resumed later in the week.
Not something I'd normally raise here, but significant given the current gearing up of the game and the spanner this put in the works.

My condolences to you and your family. Keep on keepin' on brotha

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The dreaded "time for some new material" ban!

The "classic" troll banter..talk Alien pinball..c'mon man

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew, please send me my Alien LE so I can unsubscribe from this cesspool of a thread. Please. For the love of all that is good in this world, please, let me leave.

Hahah..well said! Fuk, I just want to see peeps saying they received a fukkin huge box in the mail from Heighway!

#10574 2 years ago

images-1 (resized).jpg

#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Doesn't have to mean that for sure, but just making sure they realize how important a timely refund is to everyone.

just wondering if you have a deposit down on a standard or a LE ?

#10733 2 years ago

And how about Rob?

#10756 2 years ago

I keep watching the gameplay vids and don't mind the white under the flippers...I thought they'd be obstructive but just seem like a reminder to let go of the flipper button.haha!

#10775 2 years ago

Why don't you just let him answer? This is a forum where public matters are discussed. PM's are private messages for private informaction such as if someone received their deposit back. (That's something you ask in private.) Same thing if Andrew is asked a question on here...let HIM have a chance to answer 1st just once guys!?

#10850 2 years ago

Im already imagining the xenomorph head getting some paint upgrades from a local artist and cant wait for the HR Giger speaker panel mod!! Woooot

#10859 2 years ago

Hey now! Stay focused Jones! Lets get these one's moving out the door 1st

#10868 2 years ago

End of february !

#10932 2 years ago

Holy sheeeet ! Congrats Heighway and can't wait to play my dream pin! Woooot

#11017 2 years ago

Nitro is bringing one to Yegpin in Edmonton in May too!! Can't wait!

#11072 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Will we see ramp lighting?

Nope...dammmit

#11130 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I want to see this game get into homes. For me, that is the big thing stopping me from ordering. Good to see one or two going out; what I am counting on is seeing Bowen getting his hands on one and really showcasing the game. I want one, I really do, but I want to see it in action in people's homes where the cameras are steady, the sounds are up, and the game is showcased.
Looking forward to dropping the cash. More and more, Alien is pulling me away from TZ, SS, and CFTBL...

I'm the complete opposite! The more I read about this game from pinheads and actual game designers who have put their hearts and soul into the contributions they've made....the more I want to just be in the que and get one home! Now the only problem is do i go with a standard or LE?!!?

#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you take someone's $$$ for a product that you are selling, its your OBLIGATION to try and be forthcoming and engage with your customers on a variety of issues. Andrew understands that its also in his BEST INTEREST, the goal is to sell more pinball machines for crying out loud!
Spooky gets it too, the rest of pinball just doesn't seem to get it or just take us for granted.

I'll bet ya dollars to donuts they don't do it on the next game...at least not to this level. I can see a PRrep in Andrew's future..heck, he could hire one for pinside alone to deal with jabronis!

#11183 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Can we show you more? Absolutely. We already have another gameplay video scheduled for this coming week.

What part don't peep's get?! Yes, he has video to show this week..yes, he will be revealing the LE artwork which is obviously different than standard artwork! Same regurgitated questions pounded into this thread then all the mongrals feel vindicated when he does release something. Redundant!

1 week later
#11432 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Double dose of video awesomeness tonight! God damn! BTW the pin looks amazing Andrew, LOVE those spinner sounds!
» YouTube video

just watched that! Epic timing for the release of this pin. Is there any word of how many LE's they're making ? I'm not missing out on this pin

1 week later
#11648 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm glad to see the reasonable discussion surrounding the game. No crazy flamebait arguments, no insane ranting, just reasonable questions and answers.
Here's hoping this becomes the new normal!
Game looks amazing, too.

I think that speaks for the game itself! Honesty, if there was something bitch about...we'd be hearing it! Awesome suggestions coming in from everyone as well! Congrats to team Heighway!

1 week later
#11895 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Q: How is the Heighway Shaker motor ?
Those who own Full Throttle can comment. Is it more or less shaky than Stern's shaker?
Deciding if I want to add the shaker to an SE.
Is there a picture anywhere of Heighway's Shaker motor assembly ?

Would looking at a picture of a shaker motor assembly REALLY help steer you in one direction or the other?! Haha, you want it..or ya don't! (But, you WANT IT) haha

#12036 2 years ago

This thread is starting to exhaust itself! Seems like peeps are reaching for things to complain/talk about! From other potential movie themed pins to some guy proclaiming his love for shaker motors.. I think Andrew and Co. Need to reveal the LE artwork sooon.

#12043 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's nice that Heighway gives you options which allow for you to buy an Alien pin for as low as $6450 which gives you all the same gameplay features and toys.

a standard alien with the 27" monitor is $10500 in Canadian funds.. plus shipping to your door

2 weeks later
#12586 2 years ago

Are you sipping the corn whiskey tonight iceman44?!? Not condoning it..just wondering?!

#12589 2 years ago

Totally kidding..3 years is a long frikkin time. I hope it's all worth it in the end for you man! It's shaping up to be..but the LE bullshit has exhausted itself! Gotta believe it's because it's a lisenced game! Faakin FOX!

#12654 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Seems like Highway is stuck in a catch 22 right now. Need money to get more hands on deck and really crank games .

Hey there, just wondering where did you get this info?

#12789 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Hang in there Ice, you won't be disappointed when this one shows up.

Ohhh baby! Whatta beauty

#12872 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There is no reason the new CPU won't last through the next 4-5 games unless something major changes in the display technology.

I bet heighway can give you 150 reasons why it won't work on game #3!

#12874 2 years ago

One fiddy

Quoted from SunKing:How much? ...seriously.

One fiddy

#12877 2 years ago

Honestly..i love the way this game has turned out, and the fact they waited to make it right the first time. But it did take almost two years longer than planned and in computer years..that's a long time. Just wondering if maybe the whole idea of swapping pf's is gonna turn out to be a good thing in the end. To both router's and huo customer's. Considering it seems like all their eggs are in the Alien-basket.. Would they hold game 3's potential back just to re-use the old system if it takes a few years to develop and better software is available?!? Time will tell.. and grown men will argue on the interweb 'til then!

#12878 2 years ago

Double post ..i will add tho that I'm not a grown adult..i'm a 40 year old kid!

#12907 2 years ago

I'm predicting 3 more pages of arguing before any announcement

#13170 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Now thats customer service. Thanks Andrew!

Now that's butt-kissing

#13318 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can see more people upgrading from SE to LE than downgrading especially if the LE extras and goodies are solid!

i was thinking the opposite. Doesn't seem like there is enough bang for the buck on the LE over a SE.. quite a bit extra money and its basically the same game with some extra lights & hand drawn art!

#13323 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's why I followed that up immediately with "if the LE features and extra goodies are solid".
As far as I know the extra goodies of the LE haven't been 100% confirmed which goes back to my original point at this stage there should be no more surprises or questions for buyers everything should be 100% confined and finalised now.

Canadian dollar is pretty bad! They'd have to stuff euro's in that goodie bag to make it worth it! Haha.. i do know that there will be 2 alien (s) pins on free play at YEGPIN in 3 more sleeps!! Cant wait!

#13339 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

One should be mine to already planned for it to be on the floor to.
Should get a lot of play this weekend.

Yessir...thank you for putting it on free play this weekend! Can't wait

#13408 2 years ago

Thanks for explaining that! I couldnt wrap my head around people saying they need $200k to keep production going! Made no sense! where do pinsider's get that number and what kind of company takes deposits to keep their bankroll flowing. Didn't seem/sound legit.

#13512 2 years ago

4.5 hours til i will be near the front of the line to play pingod's alien... then Libtech's, then pingods,then Libtech's, then pingods,..repeat

#13589 2 years ago

The zenomorph was missing but the magnet in front worked fine... just no visual of an alien grabbing the ball with its tongue. The side panels looked badass when they turned down the house lights at the VIP party. Playfield was dark and will definitely need spotlights added. Fun game, just remember its just that... a fun game! Don't expect to see a unicorn here! Its a pinball machine!

#13660 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I would expect the main gimmick to actually work several years after it was designed and especially when it's on display for buyers to play and evaluate. Not to mention the other issues that frustrated people when it was their turn to play after waiting 20 min in line.

Mention those other issues that frustrated people were having!

#13758 2 years ago

You're not gonna change his opinion. Of course they are not corroded, they're brand new! Kinda of feeding the troll by responding to him. Same as responding to ANYONE who doesn't think games are being shipped out. Clearly heighway does not post on this thread every time a pin ships out the door. I also think its radd that early owners (Libtech, Pingod& Sunking)are so understanding and helpful to get the bugs sorted out with awesome peeps like Ferret & other game designers! Only gonna make it so much better in the end for all of us! Gotta love 1st world pinball problems!

#13793 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Check your ramps and see if they look brand new.

Aren't you the guy who glued children's beads all over his metallica and coloured the sparky with markers? Clearly not everyone is going to share your opinions on what looks awesome or not. I for one, don't. We all get it that you dont like the look of the ramps..really time to move on from it though

#13804 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That other guy must be talking about someone else. Here's my Met Pro w/ Time Bandit's Total Lightshow mod; Hooked spinners wired into Sound Caller board. I have to install the inlane mod for Total Lightshow and install the Premium Rising Cross mech that will be controlled by Time Bandit's system. So lightshow, spinners, rising cross, remove the pinblades & replace with mirror blades. Not a bead in sight.

metallica thread,page 204, post 10164. C'mon man

Screenshot_20170515-185713 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170515-191848 (resized).png

#13806 2 years ago

Ya ya..back to aliens. Glad to see them shipping!

1 week later
#14429 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Had my best game ever last night!
Epic

IMO, you're coming off as a pretty shady character on here. I'm not even sure I can believe your score is legit! Maybe you still had the glass off??! Your vague answers have ONLY done harm and raised the level of doubt on this pin. What a shit-show!

#14604 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

NOTE: I have zero information regarding Andrew, his company, his financial state, or any deals that may or may not be in the works.
I have not sent him any money, nor do I expect to purchase an Aliens pin.
All of this is purely speculation on my part. Up until very recently, I didn't even know what kind of car he drove. : )

you should of started your story with that! & Saved me 5 mins!

#14610 1 year ago

Ok, I'll say it.. Iceman & Manimal ! & Enough boys! Haha..faaak, go play some pinball!! Or sip scotch or smoke a doobie

#14619 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It's all good....I agree with ICE more than not....we are just passing the time and taking you all along on the ride! lol

I'm not gonna lie, you're a lil easier to follow than all that lawyer talk! Haha, what a shit show this has turned out to be.. from the rubberduk shmuck, delayed announcements, now cointaker! ..i Just want to own this game one day! Dammit! Cheers to you iceman! No le but I did frost the scotch glass!!

#14644 1 year ago

RAREHERO .. how can u play Nintendo with all those beauties in your pin collection? I just heard Red say,"time to go to work!"

#14669 1 year ago

Ramp

#14727 1 year ago

Alien thread challenge: good luck! If your name don't begin with the letters A-N-D-R-E-.... DON'T POST NOTHING! Startinnnnnnng NOW

#14775 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why all the panic all of a sudden?

you answered your own question

Quoted from jonesjb:

This pin has been delayed and postponed over and over the past year+.

I look forward to reading more redundant posts about people announcing that they look forward to reading the big announcement.. over & over & over & over

#14922 1 year ago

Slamtilt...badass art mang! I love h.r. giger.. that's the stuff right there that keeps me checking these silly threads! Thanks !

1496555278705757666286 (resized).jpg

#14928 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who's dangling their severed leg into your photo?

rd

That's my Oprah Winfrey arms! Haha.

#14951 1 year ago

We need more alien threads!

#15021 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm guessing his point being he shouldn't have to do anything. They made early promises about compatibility and if they are going to change the cab then early adopters should have been given some sort of option to make it right.

How many times can you guys talk about the same fukkin thing? Over and over and over

#15113 1 year ago

Captain obvious over here..but wasn't she in Ghostbusters?? And isn't Ghostbusters a licenced pinball game made by stern? So wouldn't stern have her signed to a deal where she can't appear in another companies game?

#15173 1 year ago

Strong work sunking

#15237 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This is a players game IMHO and would last a lot longer in my collection than a DI.
As they say, different strokes for different folks.

but if you do get one and ever decide to sell.... I know a guy!!

#15290 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Collecting for about 30 years.

2017-06-19-15-52-05- (resized).jpg

#15314 1 year ago

are u his agent?!

#15331 1 year ago

I'm just wondering what business it is of yours? are you a full paid or just a deposit customer? and why would he have to tell you if/what he is being paid? sincere question.

#15342 1 year ago

either way it's NONE of your business. how much are compensated for your efforts at work? you also didn't answer if you paid in full or just a deposit! So I'll assume neither and you're talking out your ass. Sonny_Jim is now the self appointed voice of the "short changed" staff members?! who the hell asked you to do that!? this thread is asinine! I come here in hopes of hearing news on alien pinball, not a bit of dip shits talking out their ass about shit they know nothing about!

#15381 1 year ago

made u look

1 week later
#15458 1 year ago

and boom goes the dynamite

#15487 1 year ago

I thought the ball stalled out on the center drain post was the pic! didn't notice the screen out!!

1 week later
#15634 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

David,have you added all your latest sound code into the game now.
Also has the game code itself been updated since you have had the game.
Dan

it's cool to see your game being put to good use Dan! That's pretty bad-ass that your old pin is being used to improve ALL the future alien pins as well! (just too bad it wasn't in Calgary this weekend!!) can't wait to see the updates!!

2 weeks later
#15774 1 year ago

Wow wow wow libtech! ....just Wow!

1 week later
#15904 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was wondering has there ever been a pin that offered a mystery award of resetting the tilt warnings to zero? I wonder if it would work as a good Muther Mystery?

FUCK tilt ! It's my nemesis!

#15936 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am out!! Moved on...

But have you?! haha

#15997 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh ok. What is standard price again and is that the one they were playing in Buffalo Pinball stream?

Check cointaker or nitro's website

#16171 1 year ago

This thread is starting to suck again

#16234 1 year ago
Quoted from nman:

As far as the ramps, I'd be fine with almost anything: free shipping, a discount, free PDI, whatever, but would expect some concession, particularly since there won't be a gloss cab either (which is something I wanted even more than the ramps, honestly)

even shares in a hydrofoil start up business?!?!

#16293 1 year ago

I don't think they should worry about the "next pin".. just get these ones shipping and refund the remaining people who requested it. Before peeps start lighting torches and organising a rally! Also hope they come up with a fair refund for the fiber optic delete.

#16300 1 year ago

Read his post again. He said it's NOT there

#16303 1 year ago

The game has potential to be a fukkin hit if the new company pulls their shit together and addresses some serious issues.. but they're self-proclaimed business guru's so I hope they figure it out. 10g's is serious coin from a drywalligists standpoint.. but I'll make the call to Nitro as soon as I'm convinced they got it all sorted out... glad u gave it an honest review Delt31. I played it a while back and can't wait to slap it around again soon!

#16349 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wouldn't someone with a Standard on preorder just be better off getting the refund directly from Heighway, as opposed to going through logistics of transferring?

What's the difference if the same amount is refunded to the original pre-order customer? You don't like helping out fellow humans?

1 week later
#16578 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Are these Aliens real?

Rated #32 in the top 100 !

#16670 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been saying this everywhere I can. No question. So many people don't even think about this game bc of all this drama but those that know the secret is out

Your optimism is refreshing but u need to read a few more pages in this thread! You can't join this conversation and think pumping peeps tires is gonna win over the skeptics! 2 weeks ago u wanted to buy someone's spot in the prepaid line.. this week you're receiving one of the 1st pins shipped! Curious if you actually get one of the "21" shipped pins next week!

#16749 1 year ago

HP could clear a lot of this BS up with a simple post or two on here! Faak Facebook, just swallow your pride and tell us what's up already! From delayed refunds to broken promises after broken promises on shipped pins. This is beyond soap opera level bullshit already and CAN NOT be helping them in any way with potential customer's confidence.
Actions speak louder than words-only when there's action!

#16838 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe topper or better glass?

Are you suggesting box #8 is full of orange beacons and sheets of glass?! C'mon man!

#16959 1 year ago

They're shipping..we (pinsiders) can't be THAT naive..we all seen the shipping container pics, plus Tommy & Suzanne @ Nitro are now taking orders on Alien again. If they say they're on their way..then pins are on their way! Cant believe it took this faakin long tho. What a shit-show& still hope to own one someday!

1 week later
#17128 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

I do think it's great there are 21 more machines, but Heighway only seems interested in making a few more machines not supporting what they have built or if they actually work properly.

I wouldn't be too excited to spend over $8000 on a companies product that has a proven record to NOT support it's existing customers! They best be prepared for that same customer service! I'd still wait to purchase a pin until I seen some positive action from HP2..like ALL the refunds and paperweights have been fixed!

#17138 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I have been looking at buying a Full Throttle, but have been gun-shy for this reason. And the fact that Heighway seems totally disinterested in continuing the kit model.

If you've already inquired about a FT you should ask your distributor what they know about HP2's intentions with the kits package. Interested to know their official plan as that was a selling feature that separated them from the others. Yet another issue that could be solved with just a lil bit of communication!

1 week later
#17469 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe the units for Nitro (canada) don't have the coin mechs. In the pic of CT #7 (second picture) it reads US COIN if I'm not mistaken.
This new pic of CT #1 says DOUBLE for the coin mechs, so maybe all of the cointaker units have double coin mechs (2 slot doors)

ya, we need the coin doors that accept beaver pelts and wolf teeth!

#17565 1 year ago

2017-10-21-11-17-33- (resized).jpg

#17574 1 year ago

Thanks Libtech! You are a saviour! & dammit i want your ALIEN! Did your legs come chrome? Sure looks silly with all that black armour on the cabinet. Minor details tho but def. look much better powder coated!

#17575 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is a photo of the ramp from your Marketplace ad. So your ramps looked clean like the ones on Delt's game and the finish wore down after xx # of games?
Yours:

Delt's

his add isnt even on the marketplace no more! Did you seriously save that photo to use in a future argument about ramps? That's cringy .. please change your avatar to that pic of john stamos...c'mon!

#17578 1 year ago

Ahh! Makes sense! Whew, but the john stamos request stands!

#17586 1 year ago

I knew you weren't gonna last there all nite! Get home and send us gameplay vids! DON'T text and drive and drive this time! And i agree that the pinstadium looked killer on ALIEN! Haha

#17660 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

a few days ago, i gave you two large paragraphs detailing my 'agenda'. still, you speculate that it is something other than what i laid out for you. im sure a few people would love to hear it.

THIS IS CRINGY AS FUK! & no, i'm not nominating myself to be your next victim. Im suggesting that you've made your point and starting to exhaust your welcome. Stop beating the horse, its dead! And to everyone else who's read enough..a simple down vote with no response will make it go away. He surely won't continue to argue with himself...

#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting how the alien is on the right side of yours yet left on mine!

i thought you could switch the side cabinet decals out to game match the playfields.. can't u just switch your left and right around?

#17773 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Anyway, my buddy Greg from SDTM will be filming the process and I'm sure doing a podcast on it at a future date, so here's to keeping the fingers crossed and hoping I'll have some good news for the future buyers (if any) for this pin.

I enjoy watching their podcast! Couple of good guys for sure! Cant wait to see their thoughts on ALIEN!

#17821 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Have you tried swapping out the cable to the monitor? I've had similar stuff happen with DMD displays and swapping in a new cable usually has solved it. Cables are cheap and sometimes flawed.

too late, he's out! Haha. Its been a rollercoaster of emotions these last 3 weeks! Don't do nuttin too crazy delt31..its gonna be aight!

b55ee6595e645d5ab3a6b1bc40453439 (resized).jpg

#17823 1 year ago

Ya buddy!! You will be fine! Appreciate u posting on here!! (Good or bad). Lots of good guys who are helpful and know their stuff! unlike me, so im just keeping your spirit up!

#17909 1 year ago

I cant wait to see some zeno heads custom painted like H.R. Giger!

#18207 1 year ago

I agree with Indypin & MK... early adopters need their LE's before x-mas... people who requested refunds need to get their money back..and previous customers need the proper support so the games operate perfect! Until then, i think the new HP owners are as solid as a soup sandwich and won't be owning an ALIEN until convinced otherwise... (and dammit, i want an ALIEN pin)

#18332 1 year ago

I think you're getting catfished' dudes! (I doubt that's Andrew)

#18341 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can confirm thats it's really him.

Well then, that's cool of Andrew to check back in. Makes me believe the new owner's read this thread too despite their lack of posting. People start to speculate and assume shit to be true, if not told otherwise. Jeff'sPinball went a lil too far "assuming" shit but HP could simply post what's up with their LE plans..and explain why all the refunds havent been issued. (Even if it's because the funds aren't there..or any other assumed reason) and the energy around this pin would be ALL positive!

#18409 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Good to hear the Customer Service is stepping up! Now, they just have to ramp up QC!

Pretty sure you could say that for a few of the other companies out there too

b3efc803ece1018ab3ccc3ac4f0d71ead6c4e44e.jpeg (resized).jpg

#18493 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's been less than 4 days and with the lights not working, back light and side either, now the mini tv pulling this, I'm out with this machine. Working with CT now. I like to think I just got a lemon (who knows what's next) and hopefully others have better experiences. I will keep everyone posted.

Karma is a bitch!

#18609 1 year ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I love the optimism (really), but I think more realistically it is about the margins -- and I have no idea what inventory they have on hand, what their facility costs are, or assembly costs, etc. But, the margins may very well be too small. Sure, a good investor could try to bring them down with optimizations, but might not be enough volume to really make that offset the risk/reward. I suspect they raised prices in July after realizing there was little or no margin.
I agree with you though that it's a great game and getting generally favorable reviews, software seems well developed, etc.

You could of ended your post at "i have no idea" because neither of you have any info to go off of and are just making shit up! #Falsenews!

#18716 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

In lieu of post #18706 (I received the same e-mail this morning), I'm going to close my other Alien thread, addressing refund $$$'s owed. This e-mail is quite refreshing, and they are obviously aware of the challenges, have a plan (whether we like it or not) on how games/ refunds will go out, and aren't going to pay much mind to social media, providing updates as they see fit to the customers.

were you prepared to wait until everyone was paid back refunds before sending them money? Just curious as you seem pretty anxious to get your LE!

Quoted from nman:

Got the same email as well. Still nervous but definitely appreciate the communication. I personally don't mind if it takes an extra month or two to get mine so long as, you know, i actually get a working, QC'd machine. Still anxiously waiting on the final LE "reveal" though.

what are you expecting to see different?! Maybe slightly different colors on the powder coating..but the LE don't contain no secrets at this point! People just wanna see them shipping.

#18839 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally dont put him on ignore as I like thumbs downing him for fun. I suggest others feel free to do the same (and not respond since you are correct that he is an exposed troll with an agenda at this stage

ALIEN thread challange! No one respond to his obvious troll bait.. each response earns a self imposed one week ban from the thread! (Thumbs up or down only!) Startinnng NOW! haha

#18840 1 year ago

Has there been any word on if HP plans to scrap the kits to swap out playfields? There is a few Full Throttles showing up on the used market and wasn't sure if they still plan on the new games fitting in old cabinets. Also, if you upgrade the hardware will it still run FT?!

2 weeks later
#19014 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Lol. True. It’s been a long day. I need ya to cut me some slack lol.

I'm having a delt-deja vu

#19112 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This is bullshit! These games are being rushed and shipped out the door with no Quality Control because they know people are just happy to get them no matter what. Sorry, but there is no excuse for this! (yes, I had tequila!) Dilly Dilly!

They haven't rushed any out the door to the game designers..what up wit dat?!? Let's get these guys games already HP

Quoted from Aurich:

That was always the plan actually, from when I first proposed the airlock screen. Since neither I nor the animator have received a game or frankly even played one it's the kind of touch that hasn't been worked on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#19131 1 year ago

Ahhhh! I just logged in to ask why can't i stop saying "Dilly Dilly" today? haha

#19213 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's been less than 4 days and with the lights not working, back light and side either, now the mini tv pulling this, I'm out with this machine.

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

If anyone wants to buy an alien se with blades and shaker at 8650, one is for sale lol comes with nib problems and invsiglass!

#19237 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

dee-bow you pulled a quote from me when I first got the game and has been fixed - what was the purpose of the misleading comment?

I dunno man, YOU made the comment. I just get a chuckle at the late adopters coming in and pumping HP's tires for the first few days trying to convince everyone that you have something we all really want... then complete 180º a few days later.. i see you did it with Dialed In too! Your loyalty is as solid as a soup sammich, that's all. (Sorry, but you asked my opinion)

3 weeks later
#19649 1 year ago

Trink nicht und Pinside
(Don't drink and Pinside according to google)

1 week later
#19804 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Shooing all the people holding signs that say "this company has owed me $xxxx since xx/xx. Buyer beware" should be their focus at TPF. I can't imagine a public appearance going well for them.

honestly, that'd be more productive than bitching on here! I'd love to see a pic of that!

2 weeks later
#20043 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just spoke with cointaker yesterday.
Next shipment container coming in by end of this month. 45 LE models as well as warranty parts and plastics, facehuggers etc...

that's only 2 weeks away!

2 weeks later
#20201 1 year ago

Wait fir it....

#20250 1 year ago

Hey SLAMT1LT...maybe you could explain how people with money in the game for years and years are being treated like horse shit and new blood is getting preference on the pins being shipped ? Makes the rest of us very nervous we will be treated the same if we were to suport your company and buy ALIEN. Also, I think peeps just want their pin already, screaming takes too long!

#20308 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

When you say "kit" are you talking about the swappable playfield or a whole machine?

why would a "kit" refer to a whole machine? Just go ahead and tell us how it's not a feasible option in your opinion and how they should just ditch the whole idea!

#20315 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

In my opinion they should keep the kits...but the last I heard they were basically going to scrap the whole "kit" concept. Don't think anything was ever completely decided but it sure sounded like it was going to get scrapped.

I agree. Keep em.. but just send some ALIEN pins to paid customers 1st..and wouldn't they need to send FullThrottle owners a new computer?!? HP.... this is bonkers!

1 month later
#20675 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, an update to this. Just got off the phone with a customs broker about my game, so apparently it's incoming soonish? I don't know if it's part of big shipment or not though. If I hear anything else helpful I'll pass it along.

What the future holds for this game I couldn't possibly say. Will I even keep the one that's sent to me? I dunno. See how I feel after getting it all set up and working.

i figure about 30 pounds of tannerite, a few beer, & and a hi def camera (to watch over and over!) should do the trick for you and the game if it ever arrives!

#20687 1 year ago

Well shiiiit!

game-over-man-game-over (resized).jpg

#21142 1 year ago

So my guess is the 5 newest salesmen, i mean investors are going to "save the day" and announce that all is not lost! Stick with them people .. send them your money directly and they will make sure you guys get the pins! Yikes! Fan boys will agree and help convince others that this is the best way to finally receive a pin. Can't wait to see what the big announcement Is!

1 week later
#21703 1 year ago

WHEN YOU'RE A TAFF
YOU'RE A TAFF ALL THE WAY
FROM THE FIRST PONTYPRIDD
TO THE LAST CARDIFF BAY

I donated..please buy a pint or two with the funds!

#21704 1 year ago

Gofundme won't post my comment...
"Andrew heighway is a douche bag"

#21872 1 year ago

The community has spoken Andrew.. EVERYBODY (-1) agrees that you are a complete douche bag and full of shit.

#22023 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Queen could be a fun theme.
I can't imagine many people haven't sung along to Bohemian Rhapsody or We are the Champions.

Name a third queen song! (I can't)

#22037 1 year ago

Touche.. them are some good songs listed.. just don't think that Queen would sell pins based on theme alone. Just my opinion!

#22060 1 year ago

At this stage in the market, you *shouldn't* hedge your bets on a machine selling on theme alone. Even if it's a 'good' theme. It can always get cocked up to the point where it would hurt sales of the following game, whatever it is.

Yes, I agree! ALIEN was one helluva good theme and felt there is no douche bag big enough on the planet to screw this up... then came the cap't of all douche bag's himself... Andrew.

Quoted from JodyG:

I can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs...

I don't feel sorry for you.. but we can't be friends!

#22066 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Couldn't name a single Iron Maiden song before the pin came out. Was never into heavy metal but listened to the the games entire playlist to see if I could tolerate their music. Sorry, couldn't, sounded like noise to me. Those who do enjoy IM are fortunate because they can get what looks to be an awesome pin.
Of course, as you point out, I did grow up in the Michael Jackson era so that could explain it . Not sure if I qualify as an "old geezer" yet.
Edit: Did the same thing when the Metallica pin came out anrd could live with those songs.

MJ's Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal are hits! Frank Zappa said there are only two kinds of music... Good & Bad. Queen and maiden are both good in my books.

#22176 12 months ago

I'd rather see pics of Andrew behind bars
(Sweet game tho!)

#22232 12 months ago
Quoted from Gooch:

I care, just not sure what I can do about it or with it.

hey c'mon.. the gooch used to be a feared man!

download (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#22304 11 months ago

Wrong movie mang!

1 week later
#22382 11 months ago

You could send the douche bag Andrew these...

#22404 11 months ago

I still want one dammit

#22406 11 months ago

Ya..all Libtech's old pins for sale look so good! damn it's a faakin beauty!

2 weeks later
#22530 10 months ago

You're saying give it two weeks?

#22546 10 months ago

Ramp

#22594 10 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Check the clubs thread - it's presented there by the original guy (canadian - forgot his name but great guy) - I followed that and then I provided input based on my experience too.

LIBTECH was the original Canadian eh.

#22601 10 months ago

Weird the pinball bros. have yet to speak on their own behalf of what the fuk is going on already ! Seems like it's been a while.. crickets

#22607 10 months ago

Why does there *have* to be anything new to say right now, as opposed to wanting there to be? Especially when jumping the gun on promises you don't know if you'll keep has been the plague on this industry for years now.

I'm pretty sure the jump the gun option has expired.. I just wonder why they haven't even made a public statement claiming they aren't as big of a douche bag outfit that Andrew was when he was around

3 weeks later
#22938 9 months ago

Ya, props to the crew and small bunch of owners for sure!! Well done! Still cant help but think what could of been tho. And just how many more would be out in the wild if Andrew wasn't such a failure. What a doosh-bag.

2 weeks later
#23013 8 months ago

Who cares?! The REAL brother's are the peeps keeping these games from being paper weights! The"pb's" never once came back and made a statement about what is going on or ever offered any support for their products. They are as big of a loser as Andrew IMO

#23016 8 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They handed out a lot of refunds and made improvements to the game to get it where it is today before calling it quits.
IMO, they are no where near as big a loser as Andrew. Now if we're talking about money, then I suspect they're a bigger loser (lost more of their own funds).

ya..good point.. they did seem to try before getting in over their heads. Just disspaointed in how it turned out. Don't know how anyone could support their future endeavours tho.

1 month later
#23385 7 months ago

Yup, and moronic of Andrew to be such a failure as a human and a business man. Scam artist piece of shit. Not slander Andrew, truth! Hope he still lurks on here to realize what a non-respected loser he is!

3 weeks later
#23529 6 months ago
Quoted from logger:

Looks like i have a bit of reading to do - 471 pages and counting.

Nooooo just dont! You'll be glad you didn't! Congrats on the game tho.

2 months later
#23712 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Buy one you won’t regret it.

But u sold the first one. Buyers Regret?

1 month later
#23814 89 days ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wouldn't it be cool if the community started MAKING Alien pins?

U gonna pay for the license?!

2 months later
#24434 5 days ago

There is an alien for sale on Facebook marketplace usa

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dee-bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside