zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Almost tempted to put my hand up have access to warehousing and transport companies/clearance agents

Yeah, me too! I bring in stuff from Taiwan and China through proper forwarders. I have a mate that brings in multiple containers a year to Sydney and Brisbane. You do Vic and I'll do NSW/QLD. But I guess we'll end up buying them through the usual channel
Edit..and I have a van!

1 month later
#1220 8 years ago

#67 locked and loaded. Terribly cliche to go after my year of birth, but waddya gonna do?

#1352 8 years ago

Wow, I'm glad they changed all that garbage copy to "in space no one can hear you scream".

4 weeks later
#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

What I meant was that rather than being an alien or some alien-art inspired topper, what we saw appeared to be just two bog-standard revolving light domes - much like what you might see on a tow truck or similar. But fancy toppers aren't always that great, while those sort of domes (like on F14 or LW3 etc etc) almost always enhance the game if they are switched on in certain modes in the game.

That's alright then...

2 weeks later
#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I thought that they were taking pre-orders on it....

They are, but only for the sake of priority and only part paid. 20% or so to start and the rest when yours hits the production line.

#1931 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The Facehugger toy is due to be located in that general area..

That has to be one of the greatest answers to a pinball question ever!

#2001 8 years ago

I'm adding a Full Throttle playfield to my Alien order. This is too awesome.

#2011 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

It's going to be very interesting to see how swappable games drive sales for Heighway. As we see here, with this model popular themes can drive sales of titles which are less immediately popular because people have more incentives to buy games for the system.

Well, let's see. I have sent the mail to Oti. I have officially added the Full Throttle playfield to my AlienLE order. Both arrive together. There's one sale diverted from GoT to Heighway.

#2016 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

You must really want the Alien LE to not go ahead and order an FTL first (and Alien upgrade later) to have a new game to play a lot sooner!

Alien is a must have. FTL not as much, but looks better the more I see. I am also full at the moment, so for them to come in next year is better timing. The swapping platform is just perfect for me with limited room, and the way I use my games sees some of them lie dormant for weeks at a time, so a 3.5 minute changeover...DONE DEAL.

#2025 8 years ago

The great thing about that swap video is that it wasn't overly rehearsed. They could have easily practiced more and ironed out some of the little catches (like the 3 seconds lost forgetting to turn the game off before disconnecting etc.) but didn't need to. The honest truth is that it is quick, even with some catches here and there like in real life. No pretending or dressing up required. Awesome.

#2030 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can imagine hooks on the wall to hang the beautiful playfields.

That's EXACTLY what I plan on doing. Now if I could just get the lighting going while its hanging on the wall between playtimes....

A little add on driver box maybe, Andrew?

1 week later
#2150 8 years ago

A lot of the surface finish in the movie is matt. With modern matt finishing that gives a smooth rather than chalky feel, I would be super interested in a matt finish.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

4 weeks later
#2489 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

and if there's a giant LCD that can display animations, one would assume besides showing the standard art, it would transform in to most of the other images people are wanting to see...right?

Yes, attract mode ain't no static translite.
And on that, I seriously hope attract mode on the big screen is all theme content and not in the style of the WOZ credit reel.

#2654 8 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I was very pleasantly surprised at how fast a widebody can play as well!

Me too! It's because it's not designed around trying to BE a widebody. The whole widebody speed thing is probably a bit of a misnomer in that it's not really related to how physically wide the thing is, but how widebodies are generally filled up with diversions and places to go off the main trail. FullT is really more like an extended fan layout, so remains "fast". Alien looks a bit like this as well. So the Heighway use of the widebody extra area seems to be to jam more shots in there rather than give us extra playfields and gum ball machines. Which is excellent!

2 months later
#3430 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Bro, this is your product and you are marketing this pin for Heighway. Why even say this?

"If I had complete freedom would I have done it differently? Sure, why not."

It's called honesty. Heard of it?

#3505 8 years ago

I look here for ALL updates, regardless of manufacturer. They land here within seconds even if it is not the primary release venue. It might as well be used as the source for some manufacturers.
..having said that though, I do direct to pinside threads from my website for folks to get more info. Maybe Heighway site could easily add a link to this thread? (If they don't already. I haven't checked)

#3580 8 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Let's keep this official game thread about the game please.

Agreed. There is only one person who would turn an official game thread into this. He needs to be frozen.

#3593 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What was the lowest # available when you got in?

When I ordered I was asked to choose 5 numbers spread out across the whole range. I don't think it was ever done as first-in-lowest-number type thing.

#3672 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But as promised I'll drop in a few teasers, I won't lie, it sounds like fun

Sooooo, is it, like, every hour on the hour??

#3943 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That being said I'm surprised no one has commented on the elephant in the room.

There's an elephant?

#3997 8 years ago

The only way to get a good look at it in this medium is the hi-res link, zoom in and have a good look around. To call it amateurish is way off base. The detail is fantastic. And don't forget you're not seeing it through a coat of clear. That's when it will pop like crazy.

#4035 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am not keeping up on things much in this thread. I basically skipped to the end to comment on the playfield images I just saw.
But the art on alien is horrible. It looks like an old sega game. Maybe id4 or xfiles. I understand these start up pinball companies don't have good budgets but they should probably at least hire an art guy to help them out. I am artistically retarded and I think I could do better with photoshop and some internet images. Wow.

This is possibly the dumbest thing you have ever said. You don't keep up with it, you skip to the end, you are self-proclaimed retarded and blurt out how you could do better. A new low for you.

#4065 8 years ago
Quoted from S0RRY:

One of my favorite franchises!
Not sure if anyone pointed it out yet, but I think "insure" here should be "ensure":

alien_(resized).PNG

Nope, it's good. Just watched the scene.

#4066 8 years ago
Quoted from S0RRY:

One of my favorite franchises!
Not sure if anyone pointed it out yet, but I think "insure" here should be "ensure":

alien_(resized).PNG

Unless you mean they should have used "ensure" in the movie?

1 month later
#4710 8 years ago

So, I have two devices logged on, and two replies ready to go, like newspaper election result front pages. "That looks fantastic!" on one and, "What a let down!" on the other. Fingers hovering over the buttons....

1 week later
#4920 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

So the pin is in the "potential" stage? I find it a bit disturbing that the pin is just "starting" to show the capacity to become or develop into something...

No, he said the potential is starting to be realised. That is clearly beyond potential and into the realisation OF that potential.

2 months later
#5856 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

This is Heighway Pinball, Andrew Heighway told me things that were untrue which compelled me to give him my $$, and the above statements are his words to us all...

All statements that mentioned targets and hopes. No promises.

3 months later
#7293 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

thin veneer of justification.

Classic. I usually just run with a primer coat myself, too. Email here as well. Thinking maybe some air freight? Hmmm, patience, patience....

#7313 7 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

It'll be well worth the wait, but Jesus, Fox--I'm starting to feel like the Grail Knight over here..

But...you have chosen wisely.

1 week later
#7442 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am surprised at the sustained feeding frenzy.

I have been convinced for a long time that the money is coming in from other hobbies. Anyone who can afford a jet ski can afford a pinball machine. Anyone who can afford a trail bike can afford a pinball machine. The markets for those two things alone are many multiples of the pinball market. Those guys are still waking up to the fact that they can even buy a pinball machine.

#7457 7 years ago

With my Alien order I am getting a FTH playfield as well. Hobbit just arrived. GB premium next week. Everything seems to have arrived at once. I'm three machines over space limit already and can't find buyers for two I'm trying to sell. I have enough pinball raw material now to keep me going for years if I never buy another machine. Can I sit out a round of price rises? Better believe it.
Alien is going to be so awesome that I will easily take a break from buying. Definitely not from the hobby as a whole, but definitely from buying.
Staying on topic, Alien is actually going to be awesome. I'm interested to see how often I switch around the playfield.

#7468 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Is there going to be a Australian distributor?
If not should I just order directly from Heighway?

Zaxx in Melbourne I believe. I'm ordering direct though.

3 weeks later
#7775 7 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Stay tuned to this thread, think it might catch fire later

I like the idea of something being announced, like Fox approval or something, but I doubt we'll get visuals before the expo reveal. I have to believe this, or I won't go to bed.

#7797 7 years ago

Man this looks fantastic! Top flipper shots to the left giving me a bit of a STTNG vibe. Airlock looks super detailed, as do all the toys actually.
Psyched!!!

1bzj3b (resized).jpg1bzj3b (resized).jpg

#7885 7 years ago

I WILL be ordering the optional door to door air freight! No way I'm sitting around for ten weeks watching you mofos play while my machine plods around the world on a boat.

I think by the end of next week they are changing the main structural materials used on the LE. From then on they will be made from unobtainium.

#8049 7 years ago

Other reveals making Alien look pretty damn sweet right now.

#8261 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Do you have the balls to ask Andrew how many Full Throttles he's sipped in 4.5 years?

Do you have the balls to tell us who you are?

#8294 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Got about five games on it this evening. these are prototypes but look close to me. They look AMAZING in person! THey play very good, esp for being prototype/pre-production/whatever you want to call them.
The audio is phemonenal and will likely get way better. LOTS of shoots any they feel good. I played a few games w Steve Bowden and he agree that it is solid and fun to shoot as first impression and going to be great once at production.
Most importantly for me (and iceman). They have the X factor. IMERSION! Toss on your headphones, turn it up, rock a beverage, and step into the world under the glass.
Super pumped to see the final product. ICeman, just send the deposit! It is just a deposit and you are gonna want to get in the cue now IMHO.

Thanks Hilton!

#8394 7 years ago

I can't be happier with how the reveal went. Game looks spectacular and complaints are minor and, to be honest look like they are being manufactured by a few people who were ready to complain no matter what.
I don't drink the cliche beverage about anything, I am a small scale manufacturer myself, and am often wrong about a lot of things. I see no issues with the way things are unfolding, and continue to be impressed with the drip feed of information as things that are relevant are available to be made public. I also see absolutely no issue with things popping up unexpectedly that need to be addressed and the delays that are caused by that. I have experienced it too many times myself, while in a position of trying to do my best with little outside help, that when I see it happen to others I just think, "well good for them, the product is going to be better because of this".
My Alien order with FTH playfield attached is solid at this point, and now just counting down the days till it arrives. Good luck Heighway, with what I think will be an exciting 2017.

#8453 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Is there a thread for people with games on order? or is this the only thread?

We're all here man. But MK6PIN did start an order thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your

#8535 7 years ago

I
Am
Freaking
Looking
Forward
To
This
Game
!!
!

#8581 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

My search-fu is letting me down right now. I have looked at the design of both Heighway machines and the side rails seem really wide/think over the glass. I've also read about some "system" that allows you to swap between games. Is that the reason the boarder around the glass is so thick? If so, does anyone have a link with more info about it?
The aliens design looks very promising from what I've seen so far. Looking forward to playing it!

The bezel around the glass is to allow the glass to lift up rather than slide off.

1 week later
#8824 7 years ago

Yeah, I seriously doubt Heighway would look to add any profit margin into a CPU upgrade. There may be a cost but it will be a pass through at most, and then just up to Andrew how much of it he wants to eat, as something like a goodwill exercise. He could always just charge that to the marketing budget.

#8852 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

but how many people are going to be able to justify $9000-18,000 worth of playfields sitting around not set up?

Justify? Justify?? Who does that anymore?

#8890 7 years ago
Quoted from Farhan:

Has anyone seen what the playfield in box looks like when it's stored under the pin? I'm just not seeing how that would look good in someone's game room.

Hahahaha!!

IMG20161029170414 (resized).jpgIMG20161029170414 (resized).jpg
IMG20161029170353 (resized).jpgIMG20161029170353 (resized).jpg
IMG20161029170430 (resized).jpgIMG20161029170430 (resized).jpg
IMG20161029170341 (resized).jpgIMG20161029170341 (resized).jpg

#8944 7 years ago

You talk a lot.
I have Alien coming with a Full Throttle playfield in the same order. That's called putting my money where my mouth is. Buy/don't buy, who cares what you do. Who cares what I do?
At the first opportunity to buy one Heighway cabinet and two playfields I am doing so. Don't know what else I can say to the point.

#8950 7 years ago

IF this was true, then what is so wrong with that? Are you just here to trumpet that something has failed? Are you pointing out failure as if it's a bad thing? Failures happen all the time, and are called learning opportunities. People who TRY a LOT of things know this to be true.

How exactly would you like to quantify that? Let's say that Andrew Heighway has access to so much generous funding that he doesn't care how long it takes to get things going. Let's say the pockets at Multimorphic are deep enough so that the boys never get forced out of what they are doing and to go get a real job. Then what? What do you shout about then?

#8953 7 years ago

6. And only now would be getting its proper code update, maybe.

#9126 7 years ago

Alieeeeeennn
tumblr_lhpu3rrOkp1qhxr17o1_250.giftumblr_lhpu3rrOkp1qhxr17o1_250.gif

#9134 7 years ago

What I would like Alien to replicate from X-Men, and from a lot of other great machines, is great gameplay. THE thing that keeps your machine in your house is how much entertainment you get from playing it. They come for the bling, they stay for the game.
Things are LOOKING good on Alien right now. I am hoping the gameplay (I'm looking at you, BALANCED SCORING) comes through. Right now, looks like the team is aware of that, so let's go!

#9140 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What exactly is balanced scoring?

That's a good request for clarification. I wrote the word "balanced" on the fly and was actually not completely happy with it. In greater detail, I really meant balanced in that you get what you work for, or that you get paid commensurately for risks you take. If you feel you are doing good work, then expect to be paid for it. I sometimes feel a game pays off for no real reason and the thing starts to feel like a slot machine. Big points that I get by accident are not really that satisfying. Yes, you can get something by accident, and then use that accident to investigate further and try and replicate the payoff..that's sort of standard pinball learning, but on a good machine you will rarely blow it up by accident.

#9141 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

These should not be easy to get to obviously, but without this type of reward to go for, and pin can lack in the adrenaline rush that I look for in a pin.
I hope that Alien will give us that dynamic scoring potential.

yes, well put.

#9152 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

are more Fibonacci-ish rather than exponential.

Ok..I think we are in good hands.

#9186 7 years ago

There is also a lot more to come in Full Throttle's programming - including an "adult" mode. When we feel this programming is complete, a player will have to play the game a LOT before they hear and see everything in the game.

I just know how this is going to pan out for me. I get my Alien LE, complete with Full Throttle playfield kit. Then.....I buy an empty Heighway cabinet, lol.

#9245 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

$12,000NZD once landed, not exactly pocket change

Correct. It would need to be $15,000 to qualify as pocket change. I think 12,000 is still technically a rounding error.

1 week later
#9279 7 years ago

Hi everyone.
An update post will follow within the next 24 hours.
Thanks for your patience.
Andrew

Now that sure beats, "Stay Tuned" !!

#9306 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

After watching the video and the graphic chestbuster scene, is there going to be a setting that is suitable for young children?

Hopefully not

1 month later
#9758 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It was a nasty post, trying to be clever in assassinating aurichs personality but just came off sounding very bitter.

And Ted quoted it. It's all up there.

#9791 7 years ago

I think what's really cool, is that we are now going back and forth on the trim, around one toy, and therefore verrrry close to finished and getting these out the door!

#9831 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

more to do with VAT being charged on exported pins.

It's not.

#9875 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Agreed 100%. I'm wondering if someone should do a poll about this? Just curious how many others feel this way? Because I'm also not interested in a swappable playfield title and will probably prevent me from buying a Heighway pin. But I would so love to own an Alien, so I may have to reconsider.

Why would a playfield that CAN be swapped stop you from buying a machine? Just don't swap it.

2 weeks later
#10209 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You know that alien head in the movie would've been a lot larger than what it is in the machine too?
Oh, the horror.

I'm paid in full for this machine, have been on board since very early, started the Alien club thread and hardly ever complain about anything.
The beacons look dumb. Too tall and clunky and look like ears or something. And that's not technically a complaint, just a statement of fact. Do they look good? No. Do they look dumb? Yes. Complaining would be, "I hate how those dumb beacons look! I'm withholding any further payment until they change those beacons! Where's my game?" Do I want them changed? Don't really care.

#10238 7 years ago

I will say this though - the raised beacons rotating in a dark room were simply awesome in my own personal experience - the beams bounce all around the walls in your peripheral vision, when you're playing the game.

And in the end, that's all that will matter!

#10253 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The way some are carrying on, the size of the beacons is going to cause the implosion of the planet....

They're too big. Doesn't stop me from being fully paid up and excited though!!
Wolvie's too big for X-Men. Great game though!!!

#10291 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you know when people are just pissing and moaning about the toppers then things are going better...

That's the spirit! This is just some playful banter about something that is not really causing anyone to lose any sleep and is not stopping orders being made. And it's NOTHING compared to the vitriol that spewed out after the playfield reveal.
There are five times as many posts complaining about the complainers as there are actual negative comments, which are all pretty light hearted.
If this is the only thing being tossed around at the moment, then we are indeed close to something great happening, and that's the best news!

#10353 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

For all you LE pre-order's. What do you think will be the actual time frame when the game is delivered to you. My guess at this point would be April, 2017. I'm dying every time I see more released. I'm soooo... hyped!!!

I guess I'm thinking by June. But I've been through five or six machines since I ordered this one, so it is just something that's going to happen sometime. Easiest way to alleviate the anxiety of waiting is to buy others.

4 weeks later
#11245 7 years ago

Looking great! Very happy to be on this train right now.

#11266 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

What is the reason for the flipper infills? Are they used for flipper alignment?

For quick drop out of flipper mechs

#11424 7 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game
» YouTube video

I'm generally not one for hyperbole, but holy. muthur . of god.. Send me my LE!!!!

4 weeks later
#12396 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does it bother anyone else sitting on the fence?

Lol, fence sitters are usually bothered by things. That's why they sit on fences. Pick a side.

#12410 6 years ago

@Ferret, Hi Joe, may I ask a boring technical question? I've always wondered if the code for a full game is state machine within a state machine ad infinitum. You know, start with the ultimate state, game on or game off, etc etc, then keep inserting new states deeper and deeper, or if there is always still some element of linear code with a bunch of nested IFs. I guess there are a lot of home brew venues where I could explore the answer to this, but just thought I would ask in the context of Alien and your approach.
In my own humble experience of light shows I know that as I become better at coding I use more and more state machines, but wonder what the end game is, and what a really elegant full game looks like.

4 weeks later
#13197 6 years ago

Just a quiet hello from the silent majority. I'm fine thanks. Plenty to do while I'm waiting. If you are reading this thread and getting upset with the intervibe, then of course grab a refund and help move me up the line. There is certainly nothing wrong with anyone jumping out, but for the sake of balance, and balance only, just remember the vast majority of preorders are not making any noise at all.

2 weeks later
#14067 6 years ago

The financials being dragged out are pretty meaningless on their own. If you looked at the entity I use for selling mods it is deeply in the red, ie negative net worth, has no capital, no shareholders' funds, and owes me a lot of money, ie large liabilities. And yet I keep making and selling product. Because, it's just an entity and exists solely for tax and accounting purposes. It reperesents nothing of my financial position or my ability to keep it going.

#14213 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You want to get into the pinball game Ice? Here's your chance ...
rd

Start putting the syndicate together Dave. I'm in.

#14525 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!

Really? The internet's got my back? Really?

I'll look after myself, thanks.

#14885 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What makes you think that fully paid up people are still going to want the machine and not a refund?

I do.

1 month later
#15549 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, one of my pet peeves is people that try to put EL wire on wireforms. It never actually comes out straight

IMG20170406212427 (resized).jpgIMG20170406212427 (resized).jpg

IMG20170406212509 (resized).jpgIMG20170406212509 (resized).jpg

#15570 6 years ago

I feel the line in front of me getting shorter.

#15574 6 years ago

Hi Team Heighway.. I could supply these for your optic fibre mounting..

Consensus as compared to zip-ties anyone?

1 month later
#16212 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hmmm, what do others in on a LE think would be a fair resolution to removing the fiber optic lighting?

Get me my game quicker.

#16259 6 years ago

I'm happy to take my LE, without optic fibers, no refund or adjustment, if it helps everyone else get their games quicker.
Just. Ship. The. Damned. Things.

2 weeks later
#16588 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Otherwise, there is a major issue.

Lol, I think we already have a major issue. But hey, I'm still sitting tight.

1 week later
#16777 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time

The best way to alleviate Alien Delivery Syndrome is precisely to go out and get another game, or two. Since I ordered Alien I have taken in eight machines, and five of those since I paid in full. I am completely desensitized to the whole thing and will just be stoked when it shows up.

I have become.. comfortably numb.

3 weeks later
#17206 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry, not complete.
perhaps the following will help those who dont mind thinking a little.
here is something for you to ponder. a small part of the bigger picture. presented is a crude drawing of a hypothetical playfield. consider it an example of 'what could have been done differently'. compare with alien. see if you can find a particular design element that is missing from the current pf. i hope i didnt make it too obvious. ignore the purple one, thats just an extra shot off the back of the UR flipper.
its nothing mechanical. its not a software glitch. its a design choice. it is this missing element that impacts the games playbility, especially when it comes to accomplishing certain game objectives.
what is it that is lacking in the games current design?
how does that affect reaching certain objectives?
what game metrics indicate/confirm this is a problem?
what software adjustments have already been made to try and alleviate the problem?
are their existing geometry issues that [if uncorrected] only compound the problem?
did changes from Nordmans original concept improve or worsen the problem?
what can be done today [if anything] to 'fix' things?
thats a lot of questions to be discussed and answered [many unrelated to this image, so dont dwell on it too much]. Still, this never-to-be 'redesign' would have taken the pressure off all of them.
disclaimer1: software/sound truly top notch. if the game plays as it stands, i can see how owners might enjoy playing alien. but, when it comes to overall playability, its just not going to be as fun as it coulda/shoulda been due to design.
disclaimer2: all information required to determine, present, and answer most of the above questions can be found in this thread and by observing youtube videos of gameplay. anyone could have done it. dont make it out like im holding back a conclusion that nobody else could have reached. just a matter of time/effort to put it all together in a cause/effect analysis.

Ha! I see it. When you put it like this it actually stands out like a beacon. OMG.

#17212 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Shine the beacon this way! I don't know what the hell is going on!

I see dead people.

#17220 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think he is referring to the inability for orbits to feed to the upper right flipper, which has a few effects:
1. You can't make a satisfying repeat a looping shot

Well if that's it, couldn't he have said, like three weeks ago, "can't make a repeatable loop shot".
Good grief.

#17320 6 years ago

Looking forward to traffic increasing in the owners' thread. You guys taking delivery, please, please post over there.

#17362 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will be showering this thread with pics and impressions. Suggestion to include that in the owners thread was made. Should I put those in there or keep them in here?

Sure, do it here. It will be just like watching a fashion parade in a train station toilet.

1 week later
#17907 6 years ago

Gimme gimme gimme gimme, gimme some A..li..ennnn!!!!!

3 weeks later
#18598 6 years ago

For anyone who thinks there is a risk of them losing their money and/or this game not going to get made en masse, please let me fix your logic for you. Here's why this thing is 100% going to get into the hands of those who want it.. The product is good, and if anyone has to bail out the manufacturing they will get it for a song and make a boatload of cash out of it. When these things fail, the guy who always ends up making the money is the last guy who comes along with enough cash to bail out the last guys who tried, and he gets it for next to nothing.

So Andrew failed, and now the investors are running it. If THEY run out of cash, the next in line will bail them out, and be one step closer to final production, and if they fail, it will be even closer, etc. Hell, I will be in that line if the project gets recycled enough times. Who wouldn't take on a fully licenced, coded, shipping machine that looks this good??

Everyone will get their machine and/or their money. The only variable is time.

#18686 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

For anyone who thinks there is a risk of them losing their money and/or this game not going to get made en masse, please let me fix your logic for you. Here's why this thing is 100% going to get into the hands of those who want it.. The product is good, and if anyone has to bail out the manufacturing they will get it for a song and make a boatload of cash out of it. When these things fail, the guy who always ends up making the money is the last guy who comes along with enough cash to bail out the last guys who tried, and he gets it for next to nothing.
So Andrew failed, and now the investors are running it. If THEY run out of cash, the next in line will bail them out, and be one step closer to final production, and if they fail, it will be even closer, etc. Hell, I will be in that line if the project gets recycled enough times. Who wouldn't take on a fully licenced, coded, shipping machine that looks this good??
Everyone will get their machine and/or their money. The only variable is time.

Don't take me too seriously here guys. My point is not that there is infinite money waiting, or that no business would ever fail under this premise. My point is that the game itself is in such a state that an enormous percentage of the total R&D is sunk. That money is gone, and no one has to pay it again. If the manufacturing process from here is profitable then it's a serious contender for any manufacturer to take it on. Given that there is little development left.
Many, many businesses get new owners, just like this one did, just as the starry eyed ideas guy runs out of money towards the end of the development cycle, and it can certainly happen more than once with the same business. I'm not just making this up. It happens. IF, and remember, IF the product is good enough someone will take it on. The business may still fail, but the product will survive. If the product isn't good enough, or the manufacturing metrics don't stack up, then of course it dies.
I just have a view that this particular product could indeed go through another cycle if it was required. And of course, I could be wrong.

2 months later
#19713 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games.

Ok. I'm ready. Just send me my game already, haha..

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#19988 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Here's a real bargain if someone is looking for one.
ebay.com link

Flip it for a coupla G on arrival? F that! After this wait you will pry this machine from my cold, dead hands.
(Although, you may have to put it INTO my cold dead hands when it arrives first at the current rate..haha)

2 months later
#21039 5 years ago

Well, I always wanted the game more than my money back. Price you pay for the dice you roll.

I wonder what price smiling Andrew Heighway has to pay. Probably bad enough just being him for the rest of his idiot life.

#21068 5 years ago

Or the owners’ thread.. which I started, but of which, sadly, I will never be a member.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

..haha, how prescient that I put “members expendable” in the title... laugh or you’ll cry.

#21101 5 years ago

I've moved on. And yes, I'm going to post this pic everywhere.

EA.jpgEA.jpg

#21287 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

“Must stay out of jail. Must stay out of jail. Must stay out of jail..”

#21399 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I advised him personally face-to-face on Monday to not do this, or at least be very very careful how he phrased himself because it was guaranteed to be taken in the most negative light possible - people wouldn't just read between the lines, they'd try and fly a blimp through them. :/

Since when does he follow good advice?

#21400 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

People buying these said LE's are basically receiving stolen property

Mine has blue trim. Keep an eye out for it.

Business folding is one thing, but selling these games now is criminal. Literally. What’s Interpol’s number?

#21470 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

alien is 100% dead, the heighway platform is likely dead, and all the money is gone.

That, I can live with. Those are the dice I rolled. If the machine is resurrected by the same people though I won’t be happy. Although I feel that would be highly unlikely as Fox surely would not want to tie with these guys any more.

2 months later
#22538 5 years ago

I'm in. Paid twice. Whatever. I ended up deciding that I could sleep better having paid too much than having paid for nothing at all. I don't know any more. Probably crazy. I've been paid up for a long time and couldn't quite let it go without at least touching the damned thing.

1 week later
#22694 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I simply view this as the Alien thread. Ditched it for awhile (after years) but now that I have one, it seems the right place to post some game related items.

I drained everything for a while too, and tried to move on. But, in the end, paying twice was a better option for me than paying once and having nothing at all. I tell you what though..Once it arrives I will be doing all my posting in the owners' thread. This toxic wasteland of thread will be dead to me. It's not the history of the machine that's the problem, but the exhibition of people at their worst. I don't care what other people do..whatever..but I'm moving to a planet where the vision is forward.

#22703 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This toxic wasteland of thread will be dead to me. It's not the history of the machine that's the problem, but the exhibition of people at their worst.

Quoted from Ferret:

For all you folks saying kind words about Alien -- thank you so much! Really glad you're enjoying the game. If you haven't already, I'd invite you to take a moment to fill out a game rating for Alien here on Pinside. Obviously, it's just for posterity, but I'm quite curious to see where its ratings wind up when people rate the game when it's working properly.

Of course, this thread has also shown some people at their best. Hope to see you in the owners’ thread, Ferret.

#22769 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Has anyone just tried adding a couple of spotlights to Alien?
When I've done that to any game it makes a huge difference, and might be all Alien needs.

Agreed. A couple of super brights in the right spot and we will be golden.

If only they had designed the slingshot GI properly. I gotta call this out as dumb. I mean, I know a little bit about lights, and I'm pretty sure they are designed to be used without a metal barrier shutting off 70% of their output!

267B1FEE-0938-47FE-9046-5682DD744675 (resized).jpeg267B1FEE-0938-47FE-9046-5682DD744675 (resized).jpeg430B38BE-1C1E-49E1-B9BC-C48B17B4EC8B (resized).jpeg430B38BE-1C1E-49E1-B9BC-C48B17B4EC8B (resized).jpeg8667F85D-3F29-4180-81A6-C551279EC6F4 (resized).jpeg8667F85D-3F29-4180-81A6-C551279EC6F4 (resized).jpeg
#22772 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Has anyone just tried adding a couple of spotlights to Alien?
When I've done that to any game it makes a huge difference, and might be all Alien needs.

They have now..

592B2A64-6A6C-4F4A-BBCE-38EB9031C7D1 (resized).jpeg592B2A64-6A6C-4F4A-BBCE-38EB9031C7D1 (resized).jpeg
#22773 5 years ago

Plus backboard GI. Details in the owners’ thread.

#22776 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

See...different strokes, I think that's too much light. Ruins the atmosphere of the game...plus I don't play in total darkness.

Here’s what just the spots look like. I have set it up so the backboard can be turned off easily.

D212A1CE-40D0-46FE-9879-7616828E0BA1 (resized).jpegD212A1CE-40D0-46FE-9879-7616828E0BA1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22861 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

We need someone to replicate this part!!!!!!

I'll get to it!

#22862 5 years ago

I’ve already got stock of the LEDs. Board is trivial.

0C581887-E518-427B-A0E2-109695869367 (resized).jpeg0C581887-E518-427B-A0E2-109695869367 (resized).jpeg40090861-C24B-4B60-B71A-BDC77A94162D (resized).jpeg40090861-C24B-4B60-B71A-BDC77A94162D (resized).jpeg
#22864 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Does that LED PCB have any other "stuff" (logic/resistors, etc) on it? Or is it just the LED and the legs to plug it in?
I was thinking about ordering some spare LEDs, but if the PCB itself can go bad then that changes things.

It has a capacitor and a couple of resistors.
The resistors are on the data line and there is a bit of internet traffic around that, as they are not required by the application note on the datasheet, but some reckon they are a low cost way to protect the data line in certain circumstances.

You could still just buy the LEDs and remove and replace a blown one. Not everyone could be bothered with that though I guess.

#22867 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What type is it? I thought I matched it but what I got was not the right type.

WS2812B

#22870 5 years ago

Successfully replaced LED on the current board. Works perfectly.

15C872AD-10DD-4376-A3FD-579A4DA07324 (resized).jpeg15C872AD-10DD-4376-A3FD-579A4DA07324 (resized).jpeg
#22871 5 years ago

Board laid out. Consider replacement LEDs for Alien now in unlimited supply.

AlienWS2812 (resized).PNGAlienWS2812 (resized).PNG
#22874 5 years ago

I just ordered a lifetime supply of bare LED boards. I will be making them up and sending them out to Alien owners at component cost plus shipping. I imagine if everyone took a pack of 8 then we would all be good for a while.

They will be about a dollar each I think.

#22882 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

i love you man!!!!!!!
you need to put an upcharge on these, i'll happily pay whatever
i'll take 2 8 packs if you can spare them.

No charge necessary. I’m protecting my investment.
And when 150 of these machines are existing, nay, thriving long term in a heavily supported community effort, Andrew Heighway can burn as he realises what potential he destroyed. Payback enough right there.

#22884 5 years ago

Getting swamped with requests for these lights. Now I guess I can justify my pick and place machine, haha!!
Don’t worry. No need to preorder or anything. I will keep permanent stock and make them when I have to.
(And sensor boards are coming too. )
020B896B-2AF2-4CA1-AF8C-3668E1B1498B (resized).jpeg020B896B-2AF2-4CA1-AF8C-3668E1B1498B (resized).jpeg

#22931 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks very much, located the screw and tightened it, it was indeed loose. But sadly I'm still getting the extend error

Be careful with this screw. It's not about it being loose. It's an adjustment screw, and should only be moved a quarter turn at a time.

1 week later
#22966 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

There were 1 or 2 left in Australia when I asked a few days ago.

I might buy another one. Game is freaking incredible, and I don't think there is a general appreciation yet for how well we can keep them supported. Think about it, hundred something complete games..incredible machine..could become a true collector piece.

#23003 5 years ago

Replacement LED boards are in production. Should be available from tomorrow.

#23010 5 years ago

Replacement LEDs built and tested. They will come in packs of 8 with the legs off. Can ship them flat inside a card as a letter like that. Keep postage down.

0645AD4F-DB75-4A91-A1C1-3E2FE68058FA (resized).jpeg0645AD4F-DB75-4A91-A1C1-3E2FE68058FA (resized).jpeg088586A0-A8B7-4F24-A192-528D02311D22 (resized).jpeg088586A0-A8B7-4F24-A192-528D02311D22 (resized).jpeg24234F4E-B1CA-4D9C-905B-2EBBDED95017 (resized).jpeg24234F4E-B1CA-4D9C-905B-2EBBDED95017 (resized).jpeg51343D51-CFF4-4246-ADE8-6735EBDC41C9 (resized).jpeg51343D51-CFF4-4246-ADE8-6735EBDC41C9 (resized).jpeg8483A94F-A71A-41DB-9E5E-FAEE2238A07C (resized).jpeg8483A94F-A71A-41DB-9E5E-FAEE2238A07C (resized).jpegFB973F6E-720F-40FB-9584-19C33A326C14 (resized).jpegFB973F6E-720F-40FB-9584-19C33A326C14 (resized).jpeg
#23020 5 years ago

Replacement LEDs are now listed in my Pinside Shop..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1023-redshiftled/01897-alien-replacement-mini-led-board-multi-pack-8-or-64

$1.50 each in an 8 pack,
$1.10 each in a 64 panel,

Ships for $6 globally .

FYI for you Aussie guys..that shop is priced in USD.

#23023 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any plans to do the ones with the long pcb? (I think it's the same board for the slingshots and standup targets)

Yes, and I'm going to reposition the bulbs so they peek out from behind the sling switches. Then the GI might actually do some I.

#23030 5 years ago

First run of LED boards cleaned out! I suppose most people just want to get enough so they feel they will never have to worry about it again. Seems reasonable to me. More bare boards are on order so they will be back in stock in ten days or so.

I have a bit of a production inventory mismatch, and actually ran out of caps and LEDs last night while pumping these out. So, for those who have ordered, about the last 25% of the orders won't be shipping out for a few days while I get the components delivered.

I thought I'd ordered a lifetime supply of boards! Haha.

#23031 5 years ago

Let there be lights.

456908F7-A615-46AF-A088-AA7004EB04A2 (resized).jpeg456908F7-A615-46AF-A088-AA7004EB04A2 (resized).jpeg
#23043 5 years ago

First batch gone. Most of these are going out as letters to keep postage down so there is no tracking. Aus Post estimates 6-8 business days.
About 10 days for next batch to be ready.

FA19A2D2-721E-488F-AD05-E8D7C686742B (resized).jpegFA19A2D2-721E-488F-AD05-E8D7C686742B (resized).jpeg

#23048 5 years ago

I have done the layout of the replacement sling GI boards.

This will now give you four LEDs on each side, none of which is obstructed by the switch leaves or the rubber (instead of the current two, which are both totally covered by the switch leaves) . One LED sits up and to the right of the switch, the other is below and to the left. The top LED will sit nicely between the rubber and the plastic. The bottom sits just above the playfield and below the rubber.

There is only a small 17mm hole through which to install the board. The offset positioning of the two LEDs allows you to manoeuvre the board into place. If it was a plain "T" shape you would not be able to get it through the hole.

They will be straight drop-in. Same hole positions, same connector. Unplug old ones, plug these in.

I'm pretty sure this will be a perfectly appropriate amount of light. Ambience will remain intact!
AlienSlingGI (resized).PNGAlienSlingGI (resized).PNG

#23056 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I will start putting some together for the folks who can't solder or just don't want to

Here's an application note regarding the soldering of the headers.

Warning - these PCBs are thinner than you are used to. They are 1mm, not the usual 1.6mm.

Don't be using your nice chisel tip. The heat will go straight through the board and melt the plastic on the header. Ask me how I know..

Use a conical sharp, or better yet, micro fine and target the pin and the plating on the hole. Everything is great if you use the right tip.

#23074 5 years ago

New batch of LEDs is here. I will fill backorders tonight and get more volume up in the store sometime during the week.

BD3F107D-2C9C-487D-BD2E-FC17C60C87A0 (resized).jpegBD3F107D-2C9C-487D-BD2E-FC17C60C87A0 (resized).jpeg
#23084 5 years ago

If your panel has failed LEDs they will be blacked out and extra boards will be included to make back up your 64 per panel.

For example..

1EC172DA-72A7-4E6D-A968-D6722FD8EC14 (resized).jpeg1EC172DA-72A7-4E6D-A968-D6722FD8EC14 (resized).jpeg
#23113 5 years ago

Sling GI boards are here. Fit perfectly!! Just waiting on the connectors to arrive. Will get some lit pics up as soon as I can.

08A5E5F0-34B5-4CB8-842A-E90449E8DD9C (resized).jpeg08A5E5F0-34B5-4CB8-842A-E90449E8DD9C (resized).jpeg0AA40280-CD3D-4FCB-9C0C-0185FB0C2267 (resized).jpeg0AA40280-CD3D-4FCB-9C0C-0185FB0C2267 (resized).jpeg67F9DB45-39BB-4F42-89F5-9C422BCC63D2 (resized).jpeg67F9DB45-39BB-4F42-89F5-9C422BCC63D2 (resized).jpeg85B4A483-E190-4521-8120-174B00D0CA87 (resized).jpeg85B4A483-E190-4521-8120-174B00D0CA87 (resized).jpeg895B3329-7DFF-480C-9514-D728389E1E62 (resized).jpeg895B3329-7DFF-480C-9514-D728389E1E62 (resized).jpegE84E35B7-F7E5-4780-880C-1813497DB18E (resized).jpegE84E35B7-F7E5-4780-880C-1813497DB18E (resized).jpeg
#23117 5 years ago

Here are pics with ONE ONLY of the sling boards changed.

Top left is the new one.

The playfield surface itself gives very little indication of the light change. It is absorbing light like a black hole.

I have placed a ball in the centre. You can see how much more it is illuminated from the left. A piece of paper right down the middle also compares partially upgraded left side with stock right side.
E13DD2D2-569C-4F0D-BD0B-E3187557A471 (resized).jpegE13DD2D2-569C-4F0D-BD0B-E3187557A471 (resized).jpeg
021AA921-ADF2-4642-B30F-3DB45ECB8F3D (resized).jpeg021AA921-ADF2-4642-B30F-3DB45ECB8F3D (resized).jpeg03DC130B-80D3-4247-8FF4-0C0319D3AF0D (resized).jpeg03DC130B-80D3-4247-8FF4-0C0319D3AF0D (resized).jpeg089755B2-3C16-4C5E-9DF7-87A7E24967CF (resized).jpeg089755B2-3C16-4C5E-9DF7-87A7E24967CF (resized).jpeg08CB5F22-6CBD-4473-B2B5-12231904256F (resized).jpeg08CB5F22-6CBD-4473-B2B5-12231904256F (resized).jpeg1B0A8EAC-2ABB-4B1A-AB02-480492A22B9D (resized).jpeg1B0A8EAC-2ABB-4B1A-AB02-480492A22B9D (resized).jpeg300C177A-EB74-4B84-B2EC-EC1BABE0B0F8 (resized).jpeg300C177A-EB74-4B84-B2EC-EC1BABE0B0F8 (resized).jpeg33038993-DCA3-4678-8E30-509E952B9D9C (resized).jpeg33038993-DCA3-4678-8E30-509E952B9D9C (resized).jpeg38914219-60E3-4FCB-9371-A2D5C89A99BA (resized).jpeg38914219-60E3-4FCB-9371-A2D5C89A99BA (resized).jpeg41D54D74-3119-44A6-BD63-CE4B39409ABF (resized).jpeg41D54D74-3119-44A6-BD63-CE4B39409ABF (resized).jpeg677DA86D-1E90-4BF5-9B4E-1C0D6184F3AB (resized).jpeg677DA86D-1E90-4BF5-9B4E-1C0D6184F3AB (resized).jpeg7501CED3-954E-458F-9834-3D1232EEB528 (resized).jpeg7501CED3-954E-458F-9834-3D1232EEB528 (resized).jpeg9E2A1C9A-571E-44F3-8F8D-32507AA2422C (resized).jpeg9E2A1C9A-571E-44F3-8F8D-32507AA2422C (resized).jpegAE3841A6-5910-4E1D-AFE2-9D4A31DAB5C0 (resized).jpegAE3841A6-5910-4E1D-AFE2-9D4A31DAB5C0 (resized).jpegC88AB66E-F37D-4F91-B492-D894CEA02624 (resized).jpegC88AB66E-F37D-4F91-B492-D894CEA02624 (resized).jpeg

#23119 5 years ago

I can’t wait for the connectors to arrive, haha. I’ve lifted the headers off the OEM boards. Into the oven. Let’s see how this looks!

F55BFCBE-EF19-453D-84A9-1D566458CC51 (resized).jpegF55BFCBE-EF19-453D-84A9-1D566458CC51 (resized).jpeg
#23120 5 years ago

While we’re waiting. Here’s my new monitor that I use in the lab. No more stoopid little laptop screen.

2081182A-5DCE-4C8C-AC1B-12B1E396C197 (resized).jpeg2081182A-5DCE-4C8C-AC1B-12B1E396C197 (resized).jpeg
#23123 5 years ago

Holy crap!

90C2D441-D2A4-48A3-A86F-CA6225F8A9CD (resized).jpeg90C2D441-D2A4-48A3-A86F-CA6225F8A9CD (resized).jpeg
#23124 5 years ago
0E907B9E-3FFB-400D-A47B-F2B42B58DF50 (resized).jpeg0E907B9E-3FFB-400D-A47B-F2B42B58DF50 (resized).jpeg5693B972-8395-401A-BB21-DC1DCF99E90A (resized).jpeg5693B972-8395-401A-BB21-DC1DCF99E90A (resized).jpegCE1F412D-9108-4711-A309-0549741C1C66 (resized).jpegCE1F412D-9108-4711-A309-0549741C1C66 (resized).jpegE14F0590-A927-47FA-B13E-2CAE64CE326D (resized).jpegE14F0590-A927-47FA-B13E-2CAE64CE326D (resized).jpeg
#23125 5 years ago
EFCFDA1F-2F35-4703-A9D8-1A7F4D81BE10 (resized).jpegEFCFDA1F-2F35-4703-A9D8-1A7F4D81BE10 (resized).jpeg
#23126 5 years ago

Before. Only top left upgraded.

F83A2D7A-3464-48B4-98D9-429E9D04123A (resized).jpegF83A2D7A-3464-48B4-98D9-429E9D04123A (resized).jpeg

After. All four sling boards upgraded.
EDEBBF72-8FCF-4A68-84E9-6CD2952F1BD3 (resized).jpegEDEBBF72-8FCF-4A68-84E9-6CD2952F1BD3 (resized).jpeg

#23127 5 years ago

20 seconds of rolling the ball around. I think you can see it from space, haha.

#23130 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Perfect ?
Too much ??
Still too less ?
Looking forward for the targets !! Great job again !!

It’s perfect. Pics and video as usual difficult to capture the reality of it. No shadows. The ball jumps out at you. The playfield ambience is still ominous, but the xeno now jumps out at you.

#23136 5 years ago

I have tweaked these prototypes a bit and have now ordered production boards. They will be in my Pinside shop and on my website in about ten days.

#23137 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Would it be possible to have it as a mod for other games?

I guess so. I could just put white LEDs on the face and a standard connector. They should screw onto any switch for mounting.

#23142 5 years ago
96790710-8038-481E-8C87-14C53C09321C (resized).jpeg96790710-8038-481E-8C87-14C53C09321C (resized).jpeg
#23149 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally done this Am . Took me total about 2 hours but I’m not done wiring the power source into the machine. I think it looks cool but I don’t think it adds much light to the play field . I may either also add pinstadium lighting or I may wait for timbandits slingshot mod
[quoted image]

Well done on the install. They look great.

If you need more light you only need it on the centre and lower parts of the playfield. Rail lighting is absolutely inappropriate for this game. Overkill and hideous.

Along with the sling lights I have installed two diffuse comet strips on the ramp returns. They really fit in and look like a fluro light in the passageways of the ship. They blast the very centre of the field. Them and the slings and I’m in lighting heaven on this game.
0E90E659-9017-4100-9A36-FB5ABA3E9CB4 (resized).jpeg0E90E659-9017-4100-9A36-FB5ABA3E9CB4 (resized).jpeg5CFF72AB-2743-4D26-8FC4-36BC7140D245 (resized).jpeg5CFF72AB-2743-4D26-8FC4-36BC7140D245 (resized).jpeg68E1C7DF-91C5-462A-89D4-3D60D4E789FA (resized).jpeg68E1C7DF-91C5-462A-89D4-3D60D4E789FA (resized).jpeg7B81DBEC-B1DC-4F87-87CD-794C56C5EAE3 (resized).jpeg7B81DBEC-B1DC-4F87-87CD-794C56C5EAE3 (resized).jpegC4655CBB-A923-4F54-A189-E48A2C176E4A (resized).jpegC4655CBB-A923-4F54-A189-E48A2C176E4A (resized).jpegC4B2071D-921E-41E8-BC60-E4030900B5A8 (resized).jpegC4B2071D-921E-41E8-BC60-E4030900B5A8 (resized).jpeg
497CCAFC-4324-4D92-978B-05608B561D5B (resized).jpeg497CCAFC-4324-4D92-978B-05608B561D5B (resized).jpeg

#23150 5 years ago

Plus two bulbs on the backboard. Plenty, and ambience is totally sustained.

B04A47D6-9FA3-437D-AC5D-D8FF68907BFF (resized).jpegB04A47D6-9FA3-437D-AC5D-D8FF68907BFF (resized).jpeg
#23151 5 years ago

I just put a longer comet strip on the face of the left playfield rail, under the walkway of the ball return.

Amazing. Look how well something placed on the playfield is lit, equivalent to ball visibility, against the still dark and ominous playfield.
20DDAFDC-5454-4ACF-A415-C966771E87AA (resized).jpeg20DDAFDC-5454-4ACF-A415-C966771E87AA (resized).jpegAC659F3F-10D6-4980-8F38-F3E4E7ADA100 (resized).jpegAC659F3F-10D6-4980-8F38-F3E4E7ADA100 (resized).jpegE5F46E03-B8A0-4A36-A1D7-A78CF7B9CE5C (resized).jpegE5F46E03-B8A0-4A36-A1D7-A78CF7B9CE5C (resized).jpeg

#23196 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Ok so now I’m confused! !!
I thought there was a long discussion on how many aliens were produced. And it was under 200.
Yet my buddy colonel has number 234?
Hmmmm

Just an arbitrary number. Numbers on the machines don’t necessarily reflect build order.

1 week later
#23264 5 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Thanks Wayne!! At least I know it can be done!! I even contacted Clive at CoC and he wouldn't touch it.
Dan

Which one is it?

#23300 5 years ago

Sling spot upgrades being made in the lab this afternoon..

#23301 5 years ago

Will be up on my website in a few hours.

http://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/Alien-Sling-Spot-upgrade/p/117030205/category=31425757

About 25 bucks (US) for the set.

IMG_1057 (resized).jpgIMG_1057 (resized).jpgIMG_1061 (resized).jpgIMG_1061 (resized).jpgIMG_1065 (resized).jpgIMG_1065 (resized).jpg

#23303 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

iceman44 who is selling the Facehuggers? I need a set too..
Who is freeplay?
Thanks in advance

https://www.free-play.se/en/

#23312 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Closer to $50 with shipping...just sayin.

Gee, thanks.

Yeah, sorry.. $26.66 for the set. Then $12 for the air mail option. You can spend $17.28 on the trackable version if you want. So $38.66 or $43.94.

$39 to fix the shit lighting on your $8000 machine..

Just,
Sayin.

And if I ever added in my time, god forbid, I'm of course negative.

#23313 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Closer to $45 with shipping...just sayin (Still ordered a set).

No lights for you!!

#23315 5 years ago

Crikey, There's only one set left.

I'll be making more, but I ran out of LEDs again today. About ten days until stock is refilled.

#23319 5 years ago

You may be wondering why I mounted the capacitors so far away from the LED..

So that there is room to place a lens over the LED if you so desire.

You can fit the lens to the top LED before installation, but will have to do the second one after as the board won’t fit through the hole with the bottom one on.

45FCD0FD-77A6-42F9-9205-E196CB521E43 (resized).jpeg45FCD0FD-77A6-42F9-9205-E196CB521E43 (resized).jpeg9783F314-1209-4937-A0C1-20E1B5C15DEB (resized).jpeg9783F314-1209-4937-A0C1-20E1B5C15DEB (resized).jpegF37DFD90-D57D-487A-B9D5-20D65278F5BE (resized).jpegF37DFD90-D57D-487A-B9D5-20D65278F5BE (resized).jpegFF89DCE4-90F8-4702-AC90-AB440A5F6F69 (resized).jpegFF89DCE4-90F8-4702-AC90-AB440A5F6F69 (resized).jpeg
#23324 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Does the lens make a significant difference? I'm not seeing them on your site - are these available somewhere?

Not to light output. They do create more spread, and add an aesthetic quality. But I would say ultimately down to personal preference. I got them here..

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5050-LED-Lens-10-5mm-Bump-Shamian-60-degrees-CREE-XML-T5-T6-U2-Lens-5050/219000_32366563985.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.5a8826e8QrDlMF

#23327 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Count me in !!
Now we need the target-pcb and the switches

Yep. On it.

#23333 5 years ago

The next leg of the journey to fix the GI. Here is a very long and boring (not to me ) video of my above-playfield bulb installed right next to a light pipe for comparison.

Any performance issues you might see are due to the camera. The colours are perfect, but so bright compared to the surrounding GI that the camera can't handle it properly. The surrounding playfield looks very dark because I have throttled back the exposure to almost zero to capture the colour.

Any flicker or wobble is also the camera. The bulb is perfect and throws ridiculous amounts of light. You know, like normal GI does. Light pipes are just NOT a good idea. Put them to rest, manufacturers.

#23337 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Very interesting. I can see updating some in key locations, but I'm not sure I'd be up to replacing all the GI.

A lot of places it won't help because the positioning is behind solid ball guides. That will get the plastics nice and bright, but won't help the playfield. I'm targeting all the places that are able to throw light out to the sides and be useful.

#23340 5 years ago

Here’s 50 seconds of video that will change your expectations for the GI.

#23346 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

ALIEN / FULL THROTTLE - TARGET SWITCH BOARD W/ LED - 9.50 EUR
ALIEN / FULL THROTTLE - SINGLE LED - 3.40 EUR
ALIEN / FULL THROTTLE - INDUCTIVE SWITCH- 11.40 EUR

I’m putting my prices up!

#23363 5 years ago

Soldiers all in a row..

986E7ED8-4A5E-4EC5-858B-80195875A671 (resized).jpeg986E7ED8-4A5E-4EC5-858B-80195875A671 (resized).jpeg
#23364 5 years ago

They are all out like that for the last step, which is clear coating the top capacitor so there is no chance of the sling switch grounding it out.

88D3C3FC-5075-4847-B5AF-B874840EA7DD (resized).jpeg88D3C3FC-5075-4847-B5AF-B874840EA7DD (resized).jpeg
#23367 5 years ago

Just a point of clarification for the sling lights. They come as a full set of four boards. Some (very wealthy, clearly) customers have ordered four sets when thinking they were buying four boards. I have made the listing on my site more clear.

#23371 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Unless they are trying to corner the market and flip them for a profit I guess?

Hehe except I have enough stock to make a set for every machine on the planet.

#23380 5 years ago

Getting there with the replacement sensors. I have the micro worked out.
Sensor (resized).PNGSensor (resized).PNG
Panel (resized).PNGPanel (resized).PNG

#23390 5 years ago

Here is the final production prototype of the proper GI bulb. Just working on how to assemble them easily. At the moment a bit fiddly so they may remain limited release. I’ll make as many as I can.

165DF6CF-5E67-46EC-8242-8811FE295B0D (resized).jpeg165DF6CF-5E67-46EC-8242-8811FE295B0D (resized).jpeg252001CE-A962-4056-A8C3-20272A39BB78 (resized).jpeg252001CE-A962-4056-A8C3-20272A39BB78 (resized).jpeg3079325C-A590-43B2-B984-4B0B5290C4BC (resized).jpeg3079325C-A590-43B2-B984-4B0B5290C4BC (resized).jpeg34CA183B-92B2-4BB2-BD9A-1AC645DDB551 (resized).jpeg34CA183B-92B2-4BB2-BD9A-1AC645DDB551 (resized).jpegA5627CFC-3E47-438E-B8FB-D970A10F5934 (resized).jpegA5627CFC-3E47-438E-B8FB-D970A10F5934 (resized).jpegAE65E162-23F8-470B-B444-8B80ECC4EAC8 (resized).jpegAE65E162-23F8-470B-B444-8B80ECC4EAC8 (resized).jpegD1160CE9-30A1-40AA-8582-8C3A351F4B17 (resized).jpegD1160CE9-30A1-40AA-8582-8C3A351F4B17 (resized).jpegDC2F40F6-C470-4B83-8004-F563AA710453 (resized).jpegDC2F40F6-C470-4B83-8004-F563AA710453 (resized).jpeg
#23394 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

timebandit so how well do you think the header pins will hold up with that big lever arm working on them? I would expect the playfield slamming/etc would work to rock those kinds of connections loose. Are they friction held or are they soldered in some way?

Indeed. I’m trying some solder paste and hot air. Or even some epoxy on the outside. But definitely something needed there.

Update— solder paste in the bottom of the header and a run through the oven. Arm soldered in place. Rock solid.

1 week later
#23454 5 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

Nice!
Could you share some information how these sensors work? Are you willing to share the schematic of it?
These types of inductive sensors could be very interesting for homebuild pinballs.

I will release schematics once I have it working. Bigger issue is the code on the micro. It's toggling the LED and doing the ADC work. I can see the chip through my PIC programmer but the code protection is set on so you can't lift the code directly. I have to replicate its functionality and hope I can get it to work. That's in progress now.

#23473 5 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

Mike, would the FullT sensors be the same? The code on the I/O boards is not protected and I have a Pickit 3.

It's worth a shot! If you can lift the code and send it I can test immediately. Pickit at the ready. And I changed the chip on this sensor to a blank.
6578AA1C-4AEB-4382-8163-30AD800A04ED (resized).jpeg6578AA1C-4AEB-4382-8163-30AD800A04ED (resized).jpeg

#23474 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

IO board code is not the issue its the code on the Sensor boards

I was hoping "IO" was just a misnomer and he meant sensor.

#23481 5 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

I've just checked Code protection bit on the sensors is set to on. Hmm.[quoted image]

Yeah, I don’t think we will get the original code, but we should be able to replicate what it does. It’s toggling the LED and doing the ADC work. I can see the clock cycle and level shifts on the scope.
I may be naively optimistic, but as long as there isn’t some secret handshake message between the sensor and the IO board we should be able to get something going.

#23499 5 years ago

Here is the production GI bulb. If you have a look around your games you will find 10-12 spots where the light pipes are fully visible and would be appropriate places to replace.

The neck is narrow to allow for some play in each of the playfield holes as the alignment to the board underneath is not 100% consistent. Mine all seem to fit with the given clearance.

I am doing some more testing here and the Wayland Yutani boys will do some as well. If nothing blows up they will be available in 10-12 days.

2CD973EE-3E65-43AA-A869-9914490EEC56 (resized).jpeg2CD973EE-3E65-43AA-A869-9914490EEC56 (resized).jpegAD649789-6960-4E98-B121-25715F7D95A2 (resized).jpegAD649789-6960-4E98-B121-25715F7D95A2 (resized).jpegE8928619-6FEC-462E-BD03-9E2A780E5366 (resized).jpegE8928619-6FEC-462E-BD03-9E2A780E5366 (resized).jpeg
#23533 5 years ago

I have my lower playfield fully populated with my production version, proper GI bulbs now. Nine in total here. Two at left outlane, two each at the inlanes and three behind the right drop bank. These are the bulbs that are not behind metal ball guides and are visible to the eye and have an effect on the playfield light. There are a couple more up the top that are visible and I'll get to them next.

IMG_1519 (resized).jpgIMG_1519 (resized).jpgIMG_1526 (resized).jpgIMG_1526 (resized).jpgIMG_1527 (resized).jpgIMG_1527 (resized).jpgIMG_1528 (resized).jpgIMG_1528 (resized).jpgIMG_1530 (resized).jpgIMG_1530 (resized).jpg

#23545 5 years ago

Sensor update. Closer attention with the scope has led to a nice breakthrough. Micro is not needed at all. Quite a few parts can be left off and it seems some future ability for the switches is built in that was not realised on this machine. My replacement will not have a micro and will be simple and cheap. Give me a couple of weeks to test prototypes and they will then be available along with the other parts.

4 weeks later
#23605 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone know the pinout of the individual leds for Alien? I would like to try and build a test rig. Soldering them is definitely a PITA

You want me to send you some blanks? This is what I do..

Take a few rows of blanks
E7092E14-B09F-4C39-B0C3-2C32207AFE81 (resized).jpegE7092E14-B09F-4C39-B0C3-2C32207AFE81 (resized).jpeg
Stack them up
7C875A11-EF7C-43CD-917B-8D86AC43723D (resized).jpeg7C875A11-EF7C-43CD-917B-8D86AC43723D (resized).jpeg
Sit the headers in
0F61CCF4-8205-45BD-AC7D-3E880DC67A07 (resized).jpeg0F61CCF4-8205-45BD-AC7D-3E880DC67A07 (resized).jpeg
F586C9DB-34F3-44C3-969B-F239D9D7CABF (resized).jpegF586C9DB-34F3-44C3-969B-F239D9D7CABF (resized).jpeg
Lower the board on for soldering
BC37C852-0695-4F2B-B069-8B1BB4F60A48 (resized).jpegBC37C852-0695-4F2B-B069-8B1BB4F60A48 (resized).jpeg
C1EAA61B-D4BD-4FF9-A52E-C054E5CE4E17 (resized).jpegC1EAA61B-D4BD-4FF9-A52E-C054E5CE4E17 (resized).jpeg
Run around this lot with the iron in about a minute
5C24E327-8F00-4E2F-9A6A-BE2EDD4455E2 (resized).jpeg5C24E327-8F00-4E2F-9A6A-BE2EDD4455E2 (resized).jpeg

#23606 5 years ago

Yes, they are blank sensor boards in the background. Just waiting on some components.

#23607 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I would like to try and build a test rig.

Testing is a bit of a pain, as you need a data line as well as power. I've given up wanting one. I do a quick test bewteen the data in and Gnd pins. This is where they seem to fail. If these two are short, then it's dead.

76B74CF4-2635-431D-B214-757EA318AAEB (resized).jpeg76B74CF4-2635-431D-B214-757EA318AAEB (resized).jpeg
#23608 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone know the pinout of the individual leds for Alien?

Green - gnd
Red - 5V
Blue - DIn
Yellow - DOut
138BF202-A629-446B-823E-D312CD063286 (resized).jpeg138BF202-A629-446B-823E-D312CD063286 (resized).jpeg

#23609 5 years ago

Well, I guess it’s a pretty quiet time of day around here.. but you are now watching this live. The first prototype build of the Alien passive sensor going in the oven.

This is very nerve wracking. It’s the most 0402s I’ve had to put on at once, yuk, but hopefully my PnP will be able to handle them. I wouldn’t want to be producing manually.

Well, here goes...

E79E4766-6BAC-4A51-887C-A2425276360C (resized).jpegE79E4766-6BAC-4A51-887C-A2425276360C (resized).jpeg
#23610 5 years ago

It’s out. I had to rework it just a little bit. 0402s are small, man! A couple of components had turned into jumpers, and a couple were touching their neighbour, but all looks good now.

I’ve done a connectivity test with the meter and now I’m going to fit the headers and test it in the machine.

Nervous!

BE1A11F8-58CE-4FA8-BEF7-425EF5BAC4B1 (resized).jpegBE1A11F8-58CE-4FA8-BEF7-425EF5BAC4B1 (resized).jpeg
#23611 5 years ago

Damn! Not quite there. Too late now. Another try tomorrow.

#23615 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Time! Amazing stuff brother

Well....I’ve got a bit of tuning to do on the sensor. Rest assured I’ll be happy to call it amazing if it works, haha.

#23628 5 years ago

BOOM!

Working. Demo below.
IMG_1847 (resized).jpgIMG_1847 (resized).jpg

#23634 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Will either this sensor or the LEDs work in Full Throttle?

They should, but are not tested. Best way to check would be to try some Alien parts in FT. If they work then the replacements will work. I will be testing a FT when I can get to one. Or I might send some parts out for testing.

#23642 5 years ago

Quick update on the availability of the replacement sensors. I need to turn the board once more for a minor component tweak, and of course the holidays are now in the way of quick turnaround, so I would look to around mid Jan for these to be available.

Tall GI bulb replacements will be available at the same time.

I will also be doing a complete replacement of switches on my machine to the new ones for a solid test environment. I will put up some gameplay of that in a week or so.

1 month later
#23805 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Alien upkeep looks like it’s more of a headache than Stern and Bally Williams. Is this the case?

It "looks like" it's more of a headache because THIS is where people come for support. Can you imagine what it would look like if Chas streamed his day publicly?

1 week later
#23813 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if the community started MAKING Alien pins?

#23815 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

U gonna pay for the license?!

One by one. Just popping up. For private use. Nothing to see here.

3 months later
#24533 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Has anyone heard from TimeBandit? I sent a question to him over a week ago asking about getting a 64 pack of leds, but not a word back.

He's baaack.

11 months later
#26673 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So for all the late to the party club members who missed out on a lot of the parts that have now dried up, I would love to get a set of TimeBandit's slingshot lights and other goodies he made. I haven't seen TB around here in a while. I sent him a message a couple weeks ago, but have not heard from him. So if you bought more TB products than you could ever use and could spare some, please message me.
Thanks

I’m still around. Just trying to catch up after a break. Sling lights, normal lights and passive switches will be available.

#26681 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

So I’m looking for some advice. I have the opportunity to pick up a Heighway Alien that I LOVE! Two concerns:
1. ITS EXPENSIVE. It is what they go for because they are rare but I’m saying that because my second concern is...
2. If I spend a ton of money on this machine and can’t find parts if it breaks, then what?
Are they feasibly maintainable? Am I done and wasted all my money if something major breaks? Can I even find any parts? Boards and the cpu seem to be holy grails if you can find them. I know some of the answers i will hear are going to be “there’s forums for those machines”. But quite frankly, I’ve been looking for the forums and there are like one or two only that I can find. They don’t seem to be very active. Or maybe I just don’t know how to find them? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions or want to tell me something that’s going to make me feel better if I buy it? Thx!

You don’t really have to worry about the “expensive” bit. The money’s just tied up, not gone. If the experience doesn’t work for you just sell it. I doubt you would ever be stuck with it.

1 week later
#26767 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Speaking of LEDs. Do you know if the individual LEDs are something I can get locally without ordering them from FreePlay in Sweden? Is it a common LED that someone can direct me to find so I can buy some spares?

I’m going to try to run a batch of these over the weekend. I’ll post here when they are ready.

1 year later
#28988 2 years ago

Hi Alien brothers and sisters. I turned my alien on for the first time in over a year today. What a great moment. I played a bunch of games then updated to 1.4 (from 1.2). Went smoothly.. until I power cycled the game. Now I get this below. Any thoughts? I want to be back in pinball land so much but this makes me tired

D2483BC2-260E-4C56-B528-BE9CFABA6EAC (resized).jpegD2483BC2-260E-4C56-B528-BE9CFABA6EAC (resized).jpeg

#28996 2 years ago

After having done my first SSD rebuild now, I feel I have this machine completely under control. I've obviously done a lot of work on it with the lighting and switches, but had always hoped the main brain would just hold together. Well, it didn't, lol.
Two years ago I bought two replacement motherboards. Good decision. I broke the PC and it was cold and dark. Had the newy ready to drop in. With help from Averell and knockerlover (thanks guys!!) I am back up and running. Not hard at all once you break your cherry.

Just one thing I noticed.. there is a lot of info around on rebuilding the disk image all based around command line inputs. I may have missed it but can't find discussed anywhere the image writer utility in Ubuntu. Just plug a mouse into the pinball machine, right click on the .img file and open with image writer. It then rebuilds the SSD itself..

9BAD9116-2413-47DF-9600-FB7CDA17018C (resized).jpeg9BAD9116-2413-47DF-9600-FB7CDA17018C (resized).jpeg

213816F9-C656-4F17-9332-3A66E033F52E (resized).jpeg213816F9-C656-4F17-9332-3A66E033F52E (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,999 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.