• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4289 3 years ago

Like others have stated, I like the art but think it needs to be seen as a whole with all the other playfield features before it will come together...BUT, if there are no movie clips or callouts I am not a buyer

3 months later
#5683 3 years ago

In all honesty I was very excited about this title , but due to the delay I have lost interest and will probably look for something else...

...in full disclosure I have not put any $ in, I was planning on purchase as soon as they were available...
Reminds me of what people are experiencing with The Hobbit...

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Has anyones boss received an email from Aurich lately?
I think that is how he is posting new info. He is researching how to get in contact with people's bosses and emailing them... Probably just for updates... Or threats.

Can you be a bit less cryptic and explain....

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oooh sick burn brah.

This crap is getting old...are we not adults here?

2 months later
#6875 2 years ago

Time for an IP check...

Oh and "hi" kanedaladyslingshotkyloren

1 week later
#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone.
Ok, it's time to give you all an update.
I stated a few months ago that we were aiming to have the bulk of the game finished in August, and to work at the big reveal.
Essentially, nothing has changed, and we feel we are on schedule.
Our latest Alien playfields, which we are calling our pre-production playfields, will be ready to ship to us in days. The latest parts, such as ball guides, wireform ramps, modelled toys, etc... are all being manufactured now.
Everything is tied in to build these 3 games in the middle of the month. 2 games will go to members of our development team and 1 remains with us here.
The game coding is already at an advanced stage - so will simply migrate from our existing prototype to the pre-production models later in the month.
Once at least one of the games is completed then we will be shooting the official promo video. The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point, we will be dealing directly with FOX in Los Angeles, as opposed to FOX Europe first. Also, at this point, a lot of the core material has already been approved by FOX so it will be case of approving a finished, or nearly-finished, composition.
Once the official promo video is approved, we will show this publicly as soon as possible. Once the game itself has been officially approved then we will immediately begin production. Subject to a speedy approval, we still intend to start manufacturing games in September this year, with the first games shipping out by the end of October 2016. We want as many of our customers as possible to be playing their games by Christmas 2016.
Are these timeframes realistic? I am sure you are asking yourselves this question. We can't deny the delays we have experienced up to this point - but many of the delays have been down to stabilising our hardware and software platforms, and dealing with suppliers for the first time. We believe that we are now at a position where we can shortly mass produce reliable pinball machines. We have learnt a lot over the last few years.
So when will you be able to play this game in person? The official global launch of this game will likely take place in London in September, or early October. The official North American launch is scheduled for Pinball Expo in October.
Thanks for reading and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
Andrew

Thanks for the update, its nice to see a company communicate properly. Congrats on the progress...

5 months later
#10278 2 years ago

Really...beacongate....c'mon people its the easiest "problem" to fix ever...good god let them send this game out to those who have been waiting...

2 months later
#12695 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, you're right. Let's forget about the whole thing. Sorry.

Damn, now I really want to hear it, this will be good.

2 weeks later
#13274 2 years ago

I would buy a standard edition Aliens today if they were shipping in decent numbers with no major issues.
I am in a holding pattern right now, holding cash in hand. Watching and waiting to see when things ramp up and back orders begin to get filled.
The game looks more immersive than any other title out there. Dark and scary, just like the movie...well done Heighway team.

#13493 2 years ago

It seems that if some games other than the 3 from the show and whysnows have shipped that there would be pics or reviews. I understand that not all pinballers are on pinside but surely if someone had one and wasnt on this site SOMEONE he knows would have posted a pic or at least state " hey my buddy got his Alien" ... but nothing..from anybody???

#13499 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He has said where games have gone

Yes...he *said* where they went, just seems odd that not ONE of these mystery games has been seen..

#13646 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

There's nothing else to the game? That's good to know, I WAS interested but now that I know all you can do is shoot for the big "gimmick" I'm Audi!! I actually thought there was more going on. Thank you for your detailed review.

Some people wont like this game as much as you, dont take it personally...

1 week later
#13787 2 years ago

Awesome...nice to see them start popping up in homes...looking forward to seeing reviews

1 week later
#14379 1 year ago

Its like pulling teeth trying to get the story of this SE LE controversy...

#14444 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.
Well shit on a shingle...
PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.
This don't look good...

Uh-oh

#14555 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

People chill out , how many have you been to wales?? Nothing moves quick there apart from the sheep.
I was in on Alien the second there was a sniff of an alien licence, I contacted Andy and was down for one and my game only just appeared two days ago , so much stuff has been going on and just wait for what has to be said to be said ... clearly whatever that might be can't be said otherwise it would . Andy isn't just sitting there holding anything back for the fun of it, just chill.
Hey I was bummed by Skit - B for the full amount so understand the worries , but I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic... and guys just give the team and Andy a bit of a break. Also it's bank holiday here so don't expect anything for a few days.

Damn that looks cool...I hope these are in stock and available soon...

4 months later
#17035 1 year ago

Kill the LE, let the standard (with screen and beacon) be the LE and offer a less expensive "standard model"...

1 week later
#17253 1 year ago

Like him or agree with him or not, at least the greenhornet takes the time to back up his claims with in depth research and studying. Even if you think he is full of shit at least he attempts to back up his claims with examples.
So much more refreshing than the typical "this game sucks" post with no support.

#17255 1 year ago
Quoted from SadSack:

It took until now for whysnow to get blocked. I just can't stand another "lording over" disguised as a fanboi diatribe. I often see the same thing when I pick up kids at school and one kid has his own football. BLOCKED!

Damn...ejected 2 minutes later...the mod staff is lightning quick

#17313 1 year ago

Cant a guy criticize...

#17374 1 year ago

Just for the record greenhornet is not Kaneda

#17378 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Will you give us your multi-paragraph, thorough but still cryptic explanation of your research into this in several weeks so we can analyze it but still have to guess exactly what your point was until someone else points it out??

I had never met him before but he was posting in the thread about the Museum of Pinball, in a similar fashion as he has is this thread. He voiced a strong opinion on some problems the museum faced, and presented clear facts and evidence.
I said to him that perhaps instead of complaining about the issues, perhaps he can pitch in and help
He showed up at the MoP several times since then and has helped the facility, the event, and the promotion of the hobby to thousands of people...
Thats all I know about him...

Im not saying hes right or wrong. His style is much more abrasive than, say, my own and I can see how and why he ruffles feathers...just dont try a Kaneda witch hunt here because you are wrong...

#17382 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is his name? He likes to creepily call other users by their first name by hide in the shadows of trolling.

Your constant sleuthing in multiple threads is far more creepy...Im not saying anything about him personally, I dont want to come across as a stout defender of his...just sayin hes not Kaneda and leaving it at that...

#17387 1 year ago

I cant wait for these to hit the streets so we can get unboxing pics and gameplay vids....then all this BS will be 20 pages deep in no time...

#17407 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

If you are in Australia you can come play this one
https://www.facebook.com/events/121606861838600/

Boom! Here we go, this is gonna be great...

#17415 1 year ago

Anybody in So Cal getting one of these?

#17470 1 year ago

This guy is gonna have a panic attack when he sees his box...
Im sure the game is fine, but someones gonna sweat it when they see it...

20171020_124552 (resized).jpg

#17577 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

his add isnt even on the marketplace no more! Did you seriously save that photo to use in a future argument about ramps? That's cringy .. please change your avatar to that pic of john stamos...c'mon!

Or he easily got it from pinside archive...

#17627 1 year ago

The more pics and video that comes out, the more kick ass this game appears.... love the dark atmosphere...

#17765 1 year ago

Looking forward to a few more of these getting unboxed and played. Im curious if @delt's multitude of problems is just a lemon (I know his issues are minor but I couldnt think of a better term) or if that is the norm?
I sooo want this to be a home run, and hope to own one someday

#17841 1 year ago

You would think the fuses would be taped to the glass...not hidden in packaging...

#17856 1 year ago

Dont they plug these in before they ship them out...10 lights out in playfield for delt's game...button lights out in another....these things should be seen before shipping.
Loose wire from shipping? Sure... but reflow board? Already?

#17932 1 year ago

The mods for this game are gonna be sick!

#17941 1 year ago

The individuals who worked on this project (ferret and the rest) are really stepping up, where as the HP company themselves are just shooting themselves in the foot with lack of communication....
Great job ferret

#18114 1 year ago

Point is, the wire harness doesnt have a clean look. I put it low on the priority scale but I hope at some point it gets cleaned up a bit. Overall the game looks solidly built, just a few areas to tidy up.

#18247 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I can say I am beyond dissatisfied and quite upset that people are not supporting us to get our refunds.

what are we supposed to do?

#18264 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Has anyone talked to Heighway about bringing on additional investors,

Hahaha, nobody would touch this mess...

#18358 1 year ago

Yes, rightfully so.....

#18408 1 year ago

Great to hear some good news....I want this game to be a huge success...

2 weeks later
#18687 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Come back? Never left. Not when it comes to helping others that will eventually get the game and getting feedback from the coder which is what I'm after (specifically the shaker this time). Buckle in bc I'm not going anywhere. I'll continue to leave impressions in the other thread as I mentioned before
Block me if you don't want to hear from me. Kind of tired of the whining from you.

I love your passion for this game and pinball in general, but there is one thing that just tilts the hell out of me...here it is... Why do you type out every word in its entirety, except for the word "because" in every post.... its very troubling

4 weeks later
#19224 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Shane, I'd say there's a decent chance a video cable is connected to the wrong port

Do they even test these before they send them out? How could that be missed?

2 weeks later
#19384 1 year ago

I hope the bad playfields are not the end of Heighway, the theme is so cool it would be a shame if this is the begining of a catastrophe...

10efe18c24818ee58faeb95248ad340217ba5da5.jpeg (resized).jpg

#19389 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

cliffy sells a protector for that spot - highly recommended. Of course, it should have come from the factory with one IMHO.

I understand that, but even without a cliffy it should wear just like any other scoop...not have clear and art lift up

2018-01-06-07-01-48- (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#19857 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

things finally appear to be heading in a positive direction

I hope im wrong, but you sound like the band playing while the Titanic is going down...

2 months later
#20533 1 year ago

My wife and went grocery shopping today, I bought a cantaloupe in perfect condition...when I got home it looked like this...

20180408_124357 (resized).jpg
I honestly dont know what happened to it, but it made me think of this thread..

20180408_124351 (resized).jpg

#20568 1 year ago

The all black looks great...

1 week later
#20745 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

My how times have changed...

download (resized).jpg

#20802 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

If you show me which gear you need I will pull it from mine and print you one

I ♡ pinside

#21009 1 year ago

NDA !?!

Bahahahahahaha.....

#21181 1 year ago

Wait....so theyre still making aliens for sale?

#21301 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

The're busy in the Apu thread...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside