zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

528 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 1 of 3.
#3329 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the audio callouts will use the original actor audio, or will it be alternate voice actors (ala Walking Dead)?

#3352 8 years ago

Have original voice actors been confirmed for the audio callouts, or is this still up in the air?

#3530 8 years ago

Aurich, is the playfield and translite artwork vector, hand drawn/digital painting or photographic based? Or has this yet to be revealed?

#4260 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh... No images of actors, no video of actors, no call outs from actors. That's going to be a deal breaker. Without the cast there's no movie, just an alien, random ships and weapons.

Has this been confirmed or is it just speculation?

#4267 8 years ago

The playfield looks great without actors, it makes sense not to include actors all over the playfield... Keeping it neutral.

Although these comments make me wonder something as pinball moves from DMD to LED display, do both require the same licenses for displaying characters? Or is using a character on a DMD easier to arrange since you are not using that actor per se, but a likeness of the character; whereas with a LED display, the actor actor appears. Does anyone understand more about licensing in this area?

2 weeks later
#4597 8 years ago

Is Pinfest in Allentown a possibility this May?

1 week later
#4617 8 years ago

Any new news? Things have dried up on this thread as of late...

#4672 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

35 light years is....
205,800,000,000,000 miles.
Core math.....tsk tsk.
I corrected vid! That's one off my bucket list.
Never thought I'd see the day....it won't ever happen again I'm sure.

Technically both of you are correct, Vid is just using 3 significant digits, you're using 4.

#4681 8 years ago

Has the person doing the game design or software for Alien been confirmed yet? If not, can anyone share?

#4685 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Alien Pinball playfield photos will be posted within hours...

Populated playfield photos??!

#4750 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I still think the artwork here is pretty average. I mean sure, it might be better than some of Stern's recent offerings, but that isn't saying much. I was hoping for a lot more given the theme and the dedication that we were expecting from those involved. I don't want to hear about "licensing restrictions" because it's just a cop out. In other words, I am not interested in placing blame on anyone in particular, including Fox.
Bottom line for me, it just doesn't come close to knocking it out of the park like I was hoping. It's more like a lead off base hit. I'm hoping that when I see it in person and populated with all the plastics, toys, mechs, and RGB lighting in the inserts, those items will constitute at least a double, resulting in the runner from first scoring a run.

I disagree, the artwork is just one component and serves to complement the other elements of the playfield. In fact if the playfield was designed to better stand on its own, it would be more likely to be too much and clash when the plastics, toys and mechs are added. This is why it takes true talent to be able to visualize and design towards a seamless result.

1 week later
#4923 8 years ago

Has it been confirmed who is doing the game design and programming?

#4955 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Hi Andrew,
Are we going to see more of Alien (like already been done with showing the bottom part of the playfield) before the public reveal. I other words does Fox approve partial releases of things being shown to the public?
I would approve that

Good question! Maybe a toy or two?

2 weeks later
#5156 8 years ago

How does the ball fit in the mouth? The teeth make it look like the opening would be too small.

#5170 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Better angle

image_(resized).jpeg

Wow, now THAT's a quality toy.

1 week later
#5265 7 years ago

An oversight possibly to be corrected?

2 weeks later
#5357 7 years ago

Any news?!

1 month later
#6025 7 years ago

Perhaps this thread should moved to the basement?

#6201 7 years ago

So I see the party is still going strong here Time for part 2 of the prototype video review. Hope you enjoy it
The Acid Burn mode is started.
The Acid Burn aniamation is also accompanied by an intense sound. It is hard to describe but for reference what to expect this is the closest thing I could find: » YouTube video Listen to this from beginning to 1:30. This kind of music was in the pin but even more intense! To get an impression how intense listen to this: » YouTube video and go to 0:53 – 1:15 Cinematic Loop 1
A call out is made: ‘I think it is going to eat through the goddamn hull. Come on'. I did search for the quote on the net but it doesn’t come near the intensity as used in the pin. I think David has run the quotes and music through his ‘spice it up’ module to make the call outs and sounds sound awesome.
A cartoon like picture is shown and green luminous letters are shown with the text ‘Acid Burn’. When looking at the Internet I came across this article: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph_blood and the picture in the top right of the text area gives you an impression what is used in the clip. When the mode starts all GI and some inserts lights are turned very bright and this also gives a very cool effect on the ramps.
During the Acid Burn mode also the APC targets are shot. For every letter shot an animation is shown were the APC vehicle http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/M577_Armored_Personnel_Carrier is driving from the screen towards you accompanied by an animation of the letter you just shot. During the mode a kind of twilight zone riff is being played through the music that really adds something to the atmosphere.
And then………Queen's nest mode!
This mode is shown from the big screen and from what I noted the Alien word on the screen bezel is placed really well. Is makes it part of the total dashboard and that is way cool. You see an animation of the queen and eggs coming out. You hear the sound of violins like in horror movies. The beacon lights are on. They turn heavily and an orange light wave is pushed into the room, together with the sound and animations it is something I have never ever seen on any pin to date. It is like you are sucked into this story, you are a marine, chaos is coming…..AAAHHHHHH. I think in this mode you have to burn eggs cause also animations are shown with fire and the sound of eggs being destroyed. This mode is I-N-T-E-N-S-E. I think people will walk out of the room, children will be evacuated……you will be on your own! The animations of the Queen are awesome. A quote is made: ‘C'mon let's go, pull back’ The sound gets even more intense and you see an Alien being on fire and her body parts being ripped off by the fire. And then…..the ball is lost. ‘That is it man, Game over man, it’s Game over!

From this and earlier posts from Andrew and Aurich. This game sounds awesome, and I don't even care for the alien theme that much. I was thinking Ghostbusters was going to be my next pin, but perhaps my money will be going to an Alien.

#6202 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is a mode based game. With real modes, not just shoot all the blue arrows, now shoot all the red arrows, now shoot all the green arrows, or whatever. Every mode has it's own feel, with broader strategies about collecting things and incentives to actually try and finish the modes. It feels like that 90s style mode play, married to modern thoughts on pinball rules, and of course we have LCD screens and RGB lights etc. Plus 4 flippers, with dedicated shots for all of them.

This is the post I was looking for. This is why the pin is going to be a keeper with extensive replayability. They aren't phoning it in, the gameplay sounds really thought out.

#6208 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

THIS is just one fine example of why the LCD is so huge for a theme like this.
How much greater could TWDLE have been with scenes like this rather than that BS DMD?

Do the two screens always project the same video, or can they mix it up?

#6223 7 years ago

There are 2 whitewood videos available, but one of them is more than a year old:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
I think they switched relatively fast from whitewood to a prototype build so I am not sure if more whitewood videos exist. If they did, I probably think Andrew would have shown them here.

Doesn't look like there are many ramps, I'm probably missing something. Can anyone advise, who's seen?

#6234 7 years ago

Will any of the modes be multiball based? I understand that there are unique multiballs, but I mean the specific 5 Alien or Aliens modes.

#6247 7 years ago

Thanks. Cool to know
What I also can noted is the word 'Scream' on the insert (located just on the left bottom side of the left flipper) in the left ball return lane.
Can you tell what that insert is related to?

In space no one can hear you scream?

#6258 7 years ago

I like the approach Ghostbusters took too, with just the back of the heads on the playfield.

#6306 7 years ago

There look to be an insane amount of shots in this game, pretty innovative layout.

One thing I'm trying to figure out, the Xeno head that was posted before, was that the actual size? Because it looks smaller in the playfield layout, even with the pin being a wide body.

#6324 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Now for some acid blood Mods, to burn through the playfield!

Now THAT's an idea. Program it in the LCD on the playfield, so the acid appears to eat away at the playfield (actually video on the LCD) and you see the pinball mechanics underneath! That would be amazing!!!

Here is a quick photoshop job of the CAD with playfield superimposed. Man this game is going to be fun! You can really see how the art will beautifully complement the playfield's elements and toys.

Alien-Playfield_(resized).jpgAlien-Playfield_(resized).jpg

#6376 7 years ago

What's an APC drop target?

#6377 7 years ago

Would it be possible to implement some sort of trophy system? Similar to Pinball Arcade or PlayStation? These could be updated/added in future code updates to create additional challenges. I don't know the rules to be specific, but you could have something like collect all guns, or destroy all phases of the alien with one ball.

#6390 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

What I'd like to see implemented isn't necessarily a trophy system like Playstation or Xbox, but more of a global set of objectives to shoot for. There are many examples of this in modern games. Some games, particularly mobile games, give you sets of three objectives to complete at a time, with a new set of three appearing once completed, and they get tougher every time.
How cool would it be to start a game and have the LCD screen show three objectives: "score a jackpot with all 3 balls in play", "max the bonus multiplier", "shoot 20 total ramp shots". The game shouldn't award game points for these but could simply add score/level/xp to your profile.

Yes definitely! Sorry for any confusion, this is what I meant. I don't care about trophies... more like random objectives/achievements to strive for... to keep things interesting. You could even get a gameplay reward for each one implemented in a game (score or ammo or alien bomb or something).

#6400 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

AC/DC has a complete set of champions for each of the modes.
LOTR keeps a DTR shortest time
TOTAN has a sultan's table
SS has a Scared Still table and a Spider MB table
WH2O has Insanity Falls champion
There are lots of these or am I missing something? Obviously with the newer games having a complete computer system inside this could be expanded.

Yes exactly this, but expanded with many more. It wouldn't even need to be something that is tracked in the leaderboards, just whether or not they've been accomplished. And I don't think it needs to be synced online or anything. Each machine could keep track of their own.

#6403 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell you what, write up your proposal for trophies or score tracking or whatever into something self contained and I'm happy to pass it along to the programmer. Just easier if there's a block of text with the idea instead of trying to link him to a conversation.

I'll take care of this. I'll put something together and share via PM

#6417 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Good points Aurich. I think you're right.
One way that it could still feel like pinball while still retaining the added incentives of achievements and bragging rights/community buzz would be to have a breakdown at the end of your game that shows medals (for example) for each of the achievements you completed during that game.
No requirement to code user accounts or even any kind of HUD overlay, callout or sound effect for having earned it in-game.
Just show a summary screen of how much ass you kicked in that game, showing the achievements that were earned. The results screen could be like the COD After Action Report:

And in the operator menu somewhere, or even via a double flipper press on that results screen, access a list of all the possible medals that can be earned and check them off as they are earned, possibly with the initials of the player to most recently earn them.
You don't have to go to that kind of effort to design medals (although I somehow think you'd have plenty to draw from and may enjoy the work, if you're not already burned out on it).
Still feels like pinball to me and makes great use of the LCD display! If anything it is an opportunity to reflect the truly modern approach this game is taking with game results that go beyond merely getting a high score. I think you've communicated that Alien is a game about atmosphere and progression through the story of the game where every mode is meaningful and a real tied-in experience to the movie. Isn't showing just a score at the end selling this goal a bit short?

Exactly, for this to be practical but serve a rewarding purpose. the following should apply:

1. No log-ins, wi-fi connections, online that track or aggregate performance over time against a user.
2. I'm recommending specifically achievements (logged on a game by game basis) vs leaderboards or microleaderboards (that are retained over time). An achievement is something that you can do or cannot do, but doesn't need to be rankable.... Think scoring a jackpot with 3 balls in play (achievement) VS most Shadow loops (micro-leaderboard).

With the above parameters, its then just a case of tracking what achievements happen in the game. It's purely for fun... or potential reward, such as:
-Get 10 achievements in a game for a free game.
-Get the jackpot value for each achievement acquired.
-List 3 achievements on the plunge (randomized) to aim for during a ball, if successful get an extra 5X bonus.
-The most achievements in a game could even be a microleader that is retained actually.

The great thing about this, is that it adds to some of the randomness and replayability of a given game. They could be updated in code. The key thing here is to keep things simple, no need to have online leaderboards or anything.

The great thing about games like the Shadow is that there are other things to do besides go after the Wizard mode (Orbits, Vengeance, triple jackpot Khan multiball). Any of these could be achievements. I have to say, it looks like Alien is shaping to be an excellent pin, so none of this is necessary... Just a cherry on top, and something that would add to the pin lastability.

#6426 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, okay, I'm following you now. They have some purpose in aggregate.
We're actually doing things like that already after a fashion. Such as the way you collect weapons, and the benefits they provide you. That's going to be part of the gameplay strategy that's really optional, but that people will want to explore I think.
The way Lifecycle is coming together could be something similar, a series of achievements and getting them all might reward you. And the Lifecycle Combo is a real shot sequence in the rules.
So there are already going to be things like that, where you're doing little mini things out of modes, that will reward you chasing them.

Excellent, sounds like you already have it covered!

#6432 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Yup, American actors only. he also said that fox is only approving asset piecemeal, but that means they may still get access to more as the game develops.

Who are the non-American actors? Aren't most American

#6449 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know David Thiel showed the video to people privately after he announced he had it at his talk. Honestly it's getting a bit of a stupid mythical status now, it's not that big a deal, except for the fact that we just haven't been able to show anything. But there are more witnesses that it's real now, and there will be more by next week it sounds like.
Can we all just accept that either we're mass dosing people with copious amounts of LSD before showing them clips from the Alien films while making pinball sound effects with our mouths, or the video is indeed real? And by proxy, if there's a video there's a flipping game that was filmed.
It's not a finished game, it's just a nice little look at a flipping prototype, but it's not vaporware. It's not foamcore, it has working LCD screens, there are callouts from the film, it's not a TWD situation where we can't actually use the source material, you can see the style of animations, it just shows you that it's real. It's a teaser trailer.
So yes, it's slower than anyone would like to finish the game, we all realize that, but no one should feel like it's not really happening. A ton of work has gone into this thing, and the time has had its uses, like the rules aren't going to be broken or missing features at launch, there's been time to program and think. They'll get updates post launch I'm sure, but there's going to be a lot to explore.

What are the dimensions of the LCD screen on the backbox? Is it classic pinball shape (like with the Big Lebowski) or a larger rectangle as in Wizard of Oz?

#6471 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to this pin. This will be my first NIB. I thought it was going to be Ghostbusters, but I'm reserving funds for this one.

2 weeks later
#6619 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Brexit kind of ruined my thought about buying this If we have to add customs and tax like in other none-eu countries it will be to expensive..

Can you prepay now?

#6628 7 years ago

You was in Wooley's unit, wasn't you?

#6641 7 years ago

It looks to be about a $300 USD difference, with the FX fluctuation due to the Brezit. I suppose Heighway hasn't had an opportunity to update the prices to reflect the current economic climate. Let's see what happens...

#6647 7 years ago

I was planning on buying an Alien LE, but am really not a fan of the green cabinet powder coating. Is it possible to get all the LE design and features in the stock black cabinet?

1 week later
#6692 7 years ago

How much do Heighway Pins weigh compared to Bally/Williams and Stern?

#6722 7 years ago

Is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker?

1 week later
#6741 7 years ago

How many LE's are left?

#6760 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

There are 5 Resident Evil movies. The last one in this franchise named, Resident Evil Final Chapter, has completed filming and due for a release January 2017.
Someone should nail down the Resident Evil franchise rights now as there aren't going to be anymore in this series, Mia's looks won't last forever! The Resident Evil universe is rich with material... T-Virus, Racoon City, Umbrella Corporation, Alice, etc...
I believe Constantin Films bought the rights for film in 1997 and Sony the distribution rights for all the sequals.
"Despite constant negative reviews, with five films released, the Resident Evil film series is the highest-grossing film series to be based on video games of all time, having grossed US $915 million worldwide."
That's over a Billion Dollars for the film side once the final movie releases, not to mention what the Capcom video game side brought in. Since the introduction of the series in 1996, the series has sold more than 68 million game copies.
I have TWD, will have Alien, and hopeful for this as the third and last in my "dark theme" trifecta collection. Fingers crossed the Heighway Pinball Co. can lock down this license and do this theme justice just like they're expected to do with the Alien theme.
Maybe it will never happen but it's such a big theme with a deep universe that centers on more than just zombies. Stern did zombies already, that's why I'm wishful Heighway can get their hooks into this one and run with it.
It's so easy to wish for all these great title ideas from Heighway Pinball when you don't have to actually shell out for a whole pinball machine and look at it from a playfield swap perspective. So much potential for the future of this company.

Agreed, but base it purely on the game, not the film series. Would be a good compliment to Walking Dead

#6828 7 years ago

Does the LE automatically include the LCD upgrade, or is that additional (and if so, how much).

#6882 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

This is what the playfield art should have looked like.

Not sure if you are joking, but some people don't get that a playfield has to be designed with purpose, different sections to complement the various aspects of gameplay, which becomes a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not meant to be a piece of art you can hang up, otherwise half of Ripley's face would be covered up with a ramp, there would be a VUK coming out of the alien's nose, and it would just look amateur.

1 month later
#7236 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I just hope this unique warning klaxon along with the T-minus count down makes it into the pin. Imaging this with the yellow beacons on top of the LE disorienting and flooding the room while I'm frantically trying to nail a shot. Ohhh yeah...
» YouTube video

There is no way that WON'T make it in the game. It'll be there.

#7241 7 years ago

When Heighway releases it's games is is code usually 100% complete, or is it just about there, or is it like some Stern games where it is a work in progress for a year or so?

#7262 7 years ago

Was anything revealed in August?

1 week later
#7402 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone have pricing info on LE vs Standard with LE options? I emailed Andrew last week and have not heard back. I'd like to know that and make a decision about LE vs Standard w/ options before the reveal and the possible sell out of the remaining LEs.

I'm curious as well, I wonder what each of the a la cart menu items cost.

#7492 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Ok, what are the news? When can we expect to see pictures of the *final* game, or at least populated playfield?
Thanks!

Here is a image of the playfield with CAD design superimposed.

IMG_1674 (resized).JPGIMG_1674 (resized).JPG

#7497 7 years ago

Who is this Kaneda I see referenced throughout Pinside? Can anyone share context?

#7507 7 years ago

Is there any possibility of Alien being featured at the York pinball convention?

1 week later
#7582 7 years ago

So it's been approved?! If so this is exciting news!!

#7681 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because, just being honest here, the US team has never touched this game.

What is the US team, and how do they work alongside the UK team?

#7689 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This has been posted in this thread before and isn't a secret in any way, but with 154 pages I can see how it would be missed.
Besides myself the Alien US team is -
Kelly Mazurowski - Animator
Joe Schober - Programmer
Brian Dominy - Programmer
David Thiel - Sound
Kelly is a professional animator and pinball player, you've probably seen some of his work if you've played Metallica, Star Trek, or Mustang as he contributed some dots to those games. Otherwise his commercial work has been outside of pinball. He's a good friend of mine down in SoCal with me, so we work together in person on ideas sometimes.
Joe and Brian share programming duties, and are both tournament players. Joe is more focused on the rules, and Brian more on the low level stuff, but they work together as needed, so whatever needs to be done is handled one way or another.
David Thiel I would think needs no introduction, he's been a joy to work with. Really the whole US team is awesome, love working with all of them, and we collaborate really well.
Brian wrote a simulator that allows us to test the rules, hear the sounds, see the animations, all that good stuff. But since we're not in Wales obviously we haven't had hands on time with the game yet. So that's what I mean by after we've had that time we'll start working on polishing things up.
And it's polish work, the heaving lifting is done. This game already has more complete code right now than some shipping commercial games have had for instance. Nothing I'm talking about from our side would delay production. But we're going to see the game for the first time as everyone else, so I'm just saying if there are any things that need some attention to bring it up to our standards don't worry, we're going to take care of it.

Coo, and from a workflow perspective, does the team in UK build out the machine and then it ships around to each of the US team person by person so they can review first hand?

1 week later
#7837 7 years ago

Looks great, also will all pins have this same level of detail in the xenomorph head (or was this just a preliminary one)?

Alien head (resized).jpgAlien head (resized).jpg

#7841 7 years ago

Many Sega pins had great art and toys, it was just the gameplay code that suffered.

#7846 7 years ago

The pin looks great, but I have a feeling it's really going to pop with the lighting.

#7862 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great, also will all pins have this same level of detail in the xenomorph head (or was this just a preliminary one)?

Reposting this, hoping someone can answer. Does anyone know?

#7876 7 years ago

No, the changes have been made to the structure of the model itself. FOX wanted the model head narrower - which it is now
The paint finish has changed to this during the process. That's not to say that it can't or won't be changed during production.

This pin looks world class. Great work and congratulations!

#7897 7 years ago

Your yellow lines are correct

This game is going to have a great mix of both great flow as well as stop and go.

#7911 7 years ago

When should the video be available to view?

#7930 7 years ago

Likely just 2, to be consistent with the Heighway standard cabinet with modular system.

#7950 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You guys find the dumbest stuff to pop in & bitch about. If you were following this thread or looking at the schmatics, you would know a plunger is not needed because the ball launches up a very short launch ramp habitrail...

It's all about choosing your skillshot from the RT flipper, so a manual plunger is pretty pointless.

Totally agree.

#8200 7 years ago

Any plans to do a stream with Dead Flip?

#8252 7 years ago

Are the facehuggers made out of a solid resin type plastic or more of a rubbery silicon that jiggles?

#8333 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

How do you feel about this grossly late pin being ready for its worldwide premier at expo only completed "to a degree" ?
Because supposedly the only thing holding it all up was fox...I'm a preorder same as you and have no problem admitting that I have been completely bullshitted
Oh and your Aimee email was sent a month ago talking about production in 3 weeks...again, more bullshit

Here's how I feel:

#8365 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's a tip for all of you keyboard gang banger's. Acting tough on the internet doesn't always work out.
Aurich posted that comment about a month ago along with the usual trash he speaks about me. I didn't retaliate on Pinside or say anything with macho posturing in return. I remained silent to his taunt while his fan boys clicked the thumbs up for him.
Friday early evening at Expo, I happen to see Aurich in the Exhibit Hall. He was about 30 feet away from me talking with a friend. I didn't care he had a buddy with him and I was to face him on my own. I didn't hesitate for a moment and went straight over to Aurich and stepped up on him. I called him a lair and an asshole to his face exactly as he called me out to do.
Aurich back-peddled a step, put his open hands up in the air and said "I'm not talking to you, Kim" and I bitched him out some more.
Nobody got touched, it was over fairly quickly and it didn't go well for Aurich. His friend in my peripheral vision seem dumbfounded and must of thought me crazy and maybe I am. Aurich disappeared after that and I never saw him again.
I doubt Aurich will call anybody out on the internet ever again but if he does you, be sure to look him up.
Prediction: Aurich will reply to my comment here with his usual story of how he has me blocked and cant read but he somehow reads me anyway. Then of course, he will tell a much different version.
I don't care what story he tells or what you guys believe. I know and Aurich knows what happened and that's all that matters to me.

Wow, that's some bad ass ninja action right there. Geez.

I'd be confounded too if a random came up and started shouting at me randomly, especially if I was mid conversation with a friend.

#8432 7 years ago

Here is a pretty cool Alien video that shows the light show:

Also, separately, what is the "lifecycle" thing in Alien. Is it a mode, or a separate objective?

#8455 7 years ago

Two questions:
What does the airlock do, or is it just decoration?
Is the xenomorph head lock a virtual lock, or does the head hold 3 balls?

#8516 7 years ago

I'd love to see a lighting effect with a flasher or two when the airlock mode is active. Or is this already present?

It'd have similar lighting to the final battle between Ripley and the alien queen.

#8541 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The only small concern I have is with the smoothness of the far left ramp. From what I could tell out of the few gameplay clips I have seen, the ball seems to be almost stopping and losing momentum, before the ramp turns downwards. This could of course just have been a coincidence or that the game was set up wrong. But it might be something to check into? No a very big concern, though.
Otherwise, all good. Looks like a fantastic machine to me
You can see what I am talking about in this video: » YouTube video

I noticed that too, but I'm pretty sure it will be fixed. Let's see what Heighway says.

#8564 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Cheers for that Aurich.
Appreciate there will always be some bleed, but these targets are going to get battered so thought these in particular would benefit from a movie-appropriate effect. For example rather than the xeno screaming effect, something like a hiss to sound more sinister fitting with the suspense feel of Alien. Hopefully assets would not put a limit on this!

This actually sounds cool. I originally thought your suggestion was a bit overboard with the detail, but I like this. Your recommendation is more about atmosphere of the film vs bring OCD about the Alien universe.

#8565 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But I do have something to say on the game. I'd call this a strategic game, like we haven't seen before!
Gameplay rules shine in the way players want. This is not a game you play and walk away from.
It's like chess to checkers. A user competitive game among friends or alone in battle.
It succeeds in this way different than others.
It's so much more than shoot the blinking light. Strategic play will give this game tenure and respect once more people
get to play.

Sounds like the perfect companion pin to the Shadow.

#8585 7 years ago

I'd been holding off on buying a Ghostbusters, waiting for the reveal of Alien. And boy am I glad I did. I think I'm going with Alien for my first NIB!

1 week later
#8869 7 years ago
Quoted from Farhan:

Not really interested in all this CPU talk

I agree. Would any of the team be able to share some tidbits about the rulset of the pin?

#8963 7 years ago

I don't see any huge issues with the cabinet but if I could recommend one visual improvement to make it work and give more unity: make the top angle of the artwork parallel to the slope of the pin instead of being parallel to the floor.

Trust me. It will make a huge difference (unless there are some technical restrictions preventing this).

#9109 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, you're not wrong, but let me clarify a bit, just to settle people's nerves.
The games at Expo were prototypes, and one of them was rushed to be finished in time for the show. They had little issues. Like at the party the scoop failed (we figured out why and it's not a problem now) and there was a napkin stuffed in it to keep the ball from getting stuck!
And yet, even with the issues, everyone was super positive. They recognized that we were putting these out in public for the first time, and were very understanding of hiccups. They saw the vision, they saw it flip, and they got it. Feedback was great!
I bring this up because even with all the understanding and positive vibes, no one was digging the airlock. It was the one thing I heard complaints about. Heard a lot of "Joker coffee can" references. And to be straight up blunt I didn't like it either. Why is it round? Sure, helps it spin, but it makes no sense for the airlock to be curved.
Then once it spins around the Queen sculpt that Matt did is great. But the scale just feels weird next to the Xeno head. Heard that a lot too. Not Matt's fault, he couldn't make it bigger, but all of the pieces keep putting out the same message: this isn't working, this isn't right.
We'd be morons to not listen to feedback like that. And so one of the things I did after Expo was write a long email (you guys know how long I can get) breaking down how I saw the issues and pitching an alternative idea.
The team is on board with my suggestion, but until we test it we don't want to announce it. But when I saw the complaint about the airlock I felt like I wanted to address it, and say "yes, you're right, we hear you, we're going to make it better".
If my idea works out I think it will make way more sense, not just for the game, but also why it's a reasonable change to make. So just give us some time to test things out before we make any promises, but know that nobody is trying to introduce new delays, just trying to make sure we get things right.

How is the queen shot generally used? Is it like a mode start shot, a bash target (like the castle in Medieval Madness), or something else?

1 week later
#9276 7 years ago

Any new info on Alien gameplay, videos, rules? I'm eagerly awaiting anything!

#9280 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Now that sure beats, "Stay Tuned" !!

Yes, very exciting!

#9297 7 years ago

My prediction: This game will be on the Pinside top 10 list within 6 months.

#9325 7 years ago

This happened with Apollo 13 too. They couldn't get Tom Hanks' rights so made him the guy in the astronaut suit.

#9369 7 years ago

Any word on the replacement on the queen alien?

1 week later
#9390 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Andrew, is there any chance or time frame on another mode preview video? Any sneak peak would be appreciated, the preview of Bug Hunt was awesome!!

Was the YouTube stream from the Chicago pinball event ever made available?

#9411 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What is the downside to a menu option for family mode? That's really the point. References to gore and something exploding out of a human's chest are somewhat different

It compromises the original intent of the cinema art.

#9486 7 years ago

Hi everyone,
Here is the promised update - apologies for it being a few days later than we had intended.
We are working flat out building games at the moment, but we have suffered some delays. We rejected a batch of playfields, all PCB sets were rejected and some models are behind schedule. A few other parts are also delayed.
The 9th December goal for shipping 20 games has been missed. We break up for our Christmas break 2 weeks from Friday 16th and return on Monday 2nd January. We won't be able to ship these games before Friday 16th December.
We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January. Huge quantities of parts were ordered weeks ago for full production and the plan is still very much to be making large numbers of LEs in January. We still intend shipping LEs to customers in January.
There's nothing we would have liked more than to show you pictures of games shipping before Christmas. Are we - or more importantly "I" - guilty of unrealsitic timeframes? Yes. For this I apologise. But we all care deeply about this game and are determined to give you what you want. We are very close to shipping games now but we ARE running a few weeks behind schedule.
Please find attached a variety of production photos taken over the last month. We will continue to update you with our progress.
Tomorrow we will release a production video on our YouTube channel - and will post it here accordingly. The following day we will post an "extended cut" of the 'Find Jonesy' teaser video. We mistakenly posted the "short edit" yesterday.
Thanks for reading this update and apologies to anyone who has felt that we have not been communicative recently.

Can you reveal what will appear in the pin where the alien chamber used to be?

#9527 7 years ago

Can anyone share any insight on what's replacing the queens chamber.

#9568 7 years ago

News of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber

Yes please!

#9616 7 years ago

As soon as FOX officially approve it, we will show it.

But can you say what it is?

#9642 7 years ago

a sneak preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber

Yes please.

#9668 7 years ago

So what replaced the airlock?

#9692 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well you're wrong, it's not a last minute thing, it's an idea I pitched to the team after Expo, with a long explanation for all the reasons why I thought it was a good idea, and how we'd incorporate it into the gameplay to make a better game. I was happy that Wales agreed with me and made it happen, looking forward to playing the game with it in place, it solves a lot of issues.
It goes back to the original LCD option, except instead of being small, and honestly a little useless, it's big enough now that we can use it for multiple things, and make the airlock idea much more dynamic and interesting.

Agreed. I'm very impressed. Great work!

#9730 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Hmmm, I get why people did not like the coffee can.
But I have to say I prefer it to that screen, not really sure it needs 'another' screen to look at. And it is too big for the space as well.
I am a big fan of moving toys on pinball machines even if they are not interactive so that is probably why.
For me if they wanted a simple fix perhaps change out the queen and put in a (sizeable) face hugger that jumps at the glass on a successful hit?
Based on this........

That would be pretty cool, and the scale would work well next to the xenomorph head.

#9736 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Hmmm, I get why people did not like the coffee can.
But I have to say I prefer it to that screen, not really sure it needs 'another' screen to look at. And it is too big for the space as well.
I am a big fan of moving toys on pinball machines even if they are not interactive so that is probably why.
For me if they wanted a simple fix perhaps change out the queen and put in a (sizeable) face hugger that jumps at the glass on a successful hit?
Based on this........

AND the pin could have a variety of really amazing lighting effects to illuminate. What do others think? Is there any possibility of this being considered, or is it too late in the game?

#9797 7 years ago

The back box LCD is optional, correct? This means that for many there will just be the two smaller screens so it wouldn't be overkill... not that 3 screens is overkill.

#9800 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Just saying game looks awesome. I can't believe people are complaining about having an extra display. Pinside lol. I say put a few more in.

The extra display will look great. Dial-in and Batman 66 are using this idea... which I believe Heighway Actually innovated in their prototype designs.

#9861 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But if the airlock doors are closed by default, and you light Weyland and Yutani, then they can slide open to reveal an animated icon letting you know the airlock is lit and ready to start a mode.

This is going to be great, I really think the airlock will be a great combination of functional design enhanced by impressive visuals. This, combined with potential for software enhancements and the passion the Heighway team has for this project, makes me believe this will really be an amazing pin.

#9890 7 years ago

The swappable vs non swappable side art is less of an issue for Alien anyway, since both the frame and the Alien image background is black. You'll barely notice that it isn't non-swappable.

#9908 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

black bats and green rubber? : )

Would any rubbers work (like Titan), or do you need the Heighway ones?

#9921 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im Ready to be Ready!

Do you still have your Shadow? Man I love that pin, easily a top 10.

#9942 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does it really matter, honestly? I'm not getting an LE, but the reason why is that it's just not that much different from SE (other than features you can add). If you are getting the large LCD screen, there is virtually no room for artwork to be much different. Side art could be different, but if games are in a row it never matters much there either.
Not saying overall package won't be better, but the artwork differential between models will be small at best.

Agreed, I think he's just trying to create intrigue so we can see what the LE looks like, I don't think anyone thinks it's a deal breaker. I'm sure the standard art will be available for LE owners anyway.

#9976 7 years ago

Anyone planning to have have any Alien pins on play in NYC?

1 week later
#10330 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Talk about judging a game early lol.

Haha!

#10346 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

In both cases, the scoring is dependent on how well you did in the other 4 of the movie's modes. You can time out all the other modes just to rush your way to the mini-wizard features (Self Destruct / Loader Battle) if you really want, but then you'll be quite disappointed in the point value of the mini-wizards. Conversely, if you kick butt in the primary modes, the mini-wizard modes become very lucrative ... which also puts more pressure on you to succeed in the first two phases of the mini-wiz modes to advance to the multiball stage with really high point values on the victory shots.

This is great, I recall something like this being in Star Trek the Nect Generation, it really helps the risk/points on the scoring.

#10347 7 years ago

Has anyone made a 'Downfall' meme video of the Alien pin? If so, please share.

1 week later
#10612 7 years ago

Our latest YouTube video was shot today from our production line.
The gameplay video is still in the pipeline, and will be released soon.
» YouTube video

3:05 makes me smile.

#10680 7 years ago

Really excited about this pin, it looks amazing.

C-C-C-Combo breaker!!

#10697 7 years ago

One thing that I think will really amaze, but hasn't gotten much coverage is the illuminated side panels. These things are going to be oozing atmosphere.

#10740 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew, was there a reason why it took so long for this answer? Myself and others have been asking about this for months, was there more that was initially planned for the LE that ended up getting shelved?

This was confirmed long, long ago. Andrew is likely busy preparing for launch, and not focusing on re-answering questions already answered.

#10749 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Put your big boy pants on and stop being so damn sensitive, and a little bit less of a fanboy.

Spiteful.

#10767 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

This is the reason I want to see the LE artwork before I make a decision.
There was talk that it might be Aliens colours and if that's the case the blue trim might look better.
So I'm not going any further until I know.

Why not reserve an Alien LE now, and if you don't like the look, switch colors or downgrade to a standard?

#10808 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

» YouTube video

3:15 shows that there will likely be some cool light shows.

#10851 7 years ago

Gameplay layout question... How does the ball feed to the upper flipper, is it by the left orbit like on Shadow Dirty Harry or another way?

#10856 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ambiguous question, there are two upper flippers.
The only way to feed the upper left flipper is to shoot the Vent 1 saucer, which ejects the ball so it drops past the upper left flipper. From there several shots are possible, including the right ramp, Chestburster lane, Vent 2 lane, or APC drop targets.
The upper right flipper can be fed by shooting the Chestburster lane from either the upper left flipper or (difficult but possible) the lower left flipper. The ball will bounce off a standup at the end of that lane and drop past the upper right flipper. This lane will also be fed ~50% of the time when the ball exits the egg bumpers. However the ball reaches the upper right flipper, again several shots are possible, including the upper/center ramp, the Vent 3 loop, or the Airlock.

This playfield has a number of unique, and very fun looking shots. It's nice to see something beyond the standard fan layout. It looks like the upper left flipper may be something of a challenge to get to. What happens when the bumpers drop the ball into the top of the chestburster lane, but the controlled drop is still up? Or does it automatically drop whenever the bumpers are activated?

#10858 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah the layout looks great, I know of quite a few non pinheads looking at buying an Alien because of theme but also because it looks loaded! Most of them are waiting to see what Heighway game no.3 is though as most don't have the room for more than one game and the swap out design of Heighway game is another big draw for people who unlike us don't want a house full of pins.

When is the next Heighway pin supposed to be announced?

#10860 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey now! Stay focused Jones! Lets get these one's moving out the door 1st

Alien is the pin for me, the only other themes which would rival it for me would be: "The Warriors", "They Live", or something to do with a creepy carnival... All themes which I'm very doubtful are Heighway's next pin.

#10863 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After Full Throttle they were supposedly going to make 4 games per year. They must have a backlog of over a dozen games just ready to roll out of the factory !!! If only this Alien roadblock would free everything up!

Well from the looks of Alien, it seems that Heighway values quality over quantity... And I am in full support!

#10865 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So they should just never start shipping them?
There will always be something that can be improved on quality wise.

Is that genuinely what you think I meant, or are you purposely trying to be contentious?

#10867 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, quite the contrary. I know you didn't mean that. I just think you, like many others, are being overly forgiving and accepting of these continuous delays, and now you are using the excuse that the delays *must* be because they value quality over quantity. Well...there is zero quantity, so....

If I was a betting man, I'd say there is a 90% chance we'll see these in homes by the end of March.

#10885 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I don't see how the delays hurt anybody except Heighway.

I suspect some people are impatient and perhaps not used to having to wait buy something... It's possible when people like us can throw a larger sum money around for a toy, some of these same people likely have a very large disposable income and aren't used to having to wait to buy anything. If they want something, they just go and purchase it. Just a theory.

#10979 7 years ago

Congratulations, very exciting!

#11073 7 years ago

Currently $350 airfreight door-to-door to any U.S. address

Are there additional import duties ordering direct to the United States?

#11104 7 years ago

What gamepla/rules questions to fellow Pinsiders have? It might be fun discussing while we wait. Here are some of mine:

1. What sort of playfield multipliers are there?
2. Are there add-a-ball features in any multi-balls?
3. How many balls does Alien have?
4. Are modes/multiballs stackable?
5. Is there a overarching wizard mode for finishing all 3 tiers (I didn't see an insert for one, so I'm not sure... Although an insert isn't necessary I suppose)?

#11107 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Integrating callouts correctly into highly interactive pinball action is a time consuming task. Joe and Brian have done a fair amount of it and there is more to come.
as for callouts - Hudson (121), Hicks (70), Apone (56), Dallas (41), Burke (34), Lambert (19), Parker (31), Brett (22) and so on
Addressing the elephant in the room, no there is no Ripley. As you can imagine we tried. I leave that detail to Andrew.
This is a 'dream theme' for the developers as well and we have made best efforts to immerse the game play in Alien stuff.

Any Bishop?

#11118 7 years ago

What is the maximum combo shot in the game, trying to figure out on the layout. Anything to rival the 7 shot combo in The Shadow?

#11132 7 years ago

I'm not in on the pre-order yet. But intend to do so. Have most of you ordered direct or via or Coin Taker? Which do you recommend. Please PM me if you can offer any advice... This would be my first NIB.

#11135 7 years ago

Is anyone ordering direct? My understanding is that there are additional taxes i go through cointaker and have it delivered to a PA address?

#11158 7 years ago

So it looks like the post would be removable? Is there a pinball product that's used to plug the post holes, that lays flat?

#11166 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No brainer on LE Panzer! I still haven't made up my mind on blue versus green yet.

I'm thinking gloss black.

#11203 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Ken, we've been over this with you and have offered virtually every payment method for your purchase. However, we can't absorb the ridiculous Paypal fee's on a purchase of this size. We will accept CC, and any number of other payment methods that would still offer buyer protection. Contact me if anytime, Tommy

You should not be paying for a pinball machine via PayPal as a gift. It is against the terms of service, and a company shouldn't be endorsing this.

#11223 7 years ago

Good to hear a fellow pinsider is receiving the first Alien pin!

#11273 7 years ago

What is the Dropship, complete for 2x play field?

#11295 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'll ask what seems to be the tough question.
I saw the whole stream and not one Alien tongue grab. Is it hard to qualify this or is it not programmed as of yet.

I'm curious to know this too. Although it didn't really look like they were aiming for it at all.

#11312 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

ALIEN PINBALL UNBOXING: parts 1,2,3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO4U73f7CEz07ofnGDz5fzFJXMkl3jYEm
SHARED ON YOUTUBE
Shared with permission from Starport Arcade

I don't really get unboxing videos, can someone please explain the appeal?

#11350 7 years ago

Any possibility of streaming Alien with @deadflip? https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#11353 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have asked/offered. Our game arrives on Wed if transport goes as planned.

Cool, are you team Dead Flip or Team Heighway?

#11356 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Aside from the Queen-change, - If there's any other changes to the physical playfield, ramps etc., I'd love to know what that is.
I've watched the videos and it looks pretty much the same.

Some of the ramps are different, for example there is no ramp that loops around the back behind the xenomorph head.

#11398 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heck, if anyone from Heighway is reading this it would be amazing to just have a special Hudson mode of him wasting Aliens
» YouTube video

Agreed. This would make a great midnight madness mode or hidden mode similar to the Peking duck mode in The Shadow. Andrew please give this some serious thought, as a dedication to Bill. It'd likely need just be a software update.

#11452 7 years ago

Yes gloss black is the objectively correct answer

#11488 7 years ago

I love the music during tunnel hunt. Very eerie.

#11530 7 years ago

Can someone please post a high res top down image of the populated playfield?

#11654 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Leave the You have Failed. Because, you just did. You are on a mission, a failed mission.

Or at the very least, include it as an optional setting.

#11660 7 years ago

I've been following the production on this pin for a while and recently placed a deposit on a L/E. This will be second pin, and first NIB. Here's my thinking...

From what I've been reading, the Alien theme is a passion project of Andrew Heighway, and while it looks amazing already, it's likely going to keep getting better and better as it's refined. Being a personal passion project of Andrew's, this won't be a cash grab pump and dump. We'll likely keep getting more nuanced code updates, and given that Heighway only has 2 pins created now, they will remain committed to make this kick ass, instead of moving onto the next big thing. I'm reminded of Avis' iconic advertising campaign: “When you’re only No. 2, you try harder.”

With a unique playfield design with multiple shots, @aurich's beautifully appropriate artwork, and from what I've been reading from Ferret about his considered rule set, this looks to be a clear winner with staying power. I predict this being rated a top 5 pin within the year.

#11664 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe a compromise on the "You Have Failed" message is just to put something like "Mission Fail"....it takes the personal attack out of it...you didn't fail, the mission did. I like being challenged as others have said, but we also need to keep in mind a lot of these games will be in arcades (we hope) where folks never exposed to pinball might be playing them. The last thing you want to do is to tell someone they are a failure...not goo for repeat sales.

I've suggested this before, but I'll mention it again... just make the you have failed an optional operator setting.

In most mode based games, I never really notice if I've been successful or not. But in Alien, success makes a difference on other modes, so it's more important to reiterate.

#11676 7 years ago

To clarify, I want the "You have failed" to remain. I was just worried with people requesting the removal it might mean it'd be taken away, so I suggested keeping it as an option as the next best alternative.

But my preference is to keep as is.

#11686 7 years ago

Looks like we need a pinball safe space here.

#11695 7 years ago

Some real first world problems right here. This is hilarious.

#11707 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Hey now, I personally find this to be a very important issue and it's upsetting that others do not.
I'm sure once people are informed enough, it will get every bit as much traction as:
Omg-another-preorder!-gate
Shipping-is-delayed-gate
Playfield-art-gate
Andrew's-prior-business-history-gate
Shipping-is-delayed-gate redux
No-Sigourney-Weaver-gate
Shipping-is-delayed-yet-again-gate
Refund-gate
Beacon-gate
Weak-pop-bumper-gate
Doesn't-sound-like-an-80s-machine-gate
(I feel like I'm still missing a few...)
Seriously, the game looks freakin' awesome and every bit what I'd hoped for. Props to everyone working on it.

Love it!

#11715 7 years ago

Nice to not be talking about ghosting playfields, huh?

#11755 7 years ago

Seems legit.

IMG_2978 (resized).PNGIMG_2978 (resized).PNG

#11947 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What size is the standard size backbox LCD? Is the 27" really worth the extra $500? Give me your opinions please.

Yes. Here is why:

1. You are future proofing your pin for future Heighway releases that will leverage the screen. This split across these future pins reduces the cost.

2. $500 is very similar to the $399 for a color LCD, and much more impressive.

If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will

#11971 7 years ago

The Carpenter collection, an amalgamation of:

They Live
Assault on Precinct 13
The Thing
Halloween
Escape from NY
*EDITED* to include Big Trouble in Little China

#11974 7 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

You are forgetting Big Trouble in Little China! How could you!

Done!

#11975 7 years ago

They could do so much with the They Live lighting and billboards. Imagine something like the no place like home ball save in WOZ!

#12005 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Original game callouts from Danny would be good, but Arnold would be best. (doubt Arnold would do it though)

Arnold does mobile apps, so...

#12050 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also knew as an early adopter that things change and that is part of the gig of being and early adopter, so I think that plays in as a factor.

Wait so I can't play my PS4 games in my Playstation 1?

#12091 7 years ago

Let's discuss rules and gameplay. Far more interesting.

#12107 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Andrew,
An email was sent to you regarding this which you replied to on 28 of December 2016.
In your reply was "Jay and Morgan are CC'd in on this email and I will deal with this matter with them when our factory reopens on 3rd January. In any case, the VAT element will be deducted"
A follow up email was sent to yourself,Jay and Morgan a week ago with no outcome.
I'm still waiting on an updated invoice/order confirmation as this issue is not resolved.

#12118 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Kits sound good on paper to guys who are out of space. Otherwise, not so much. The unrecognized problem is that storing a PF takes nearly as much space as a game.

The playfield will fit under the pin, additionally, Heighway will be selling secure boxes that can store and stack the playfields.

#12160 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Agreed. That is exactly why I added the monitor to my backbox after I so adamantly stated the opposite. Being prepared is never a bad thing.

It's possible in a future game that the backbox may display additional details that aren't on the other screen.

#12169 6 years ago

I came across this photo in another thread, but didn't see it posted here so thought I'd share. It's impressive how many shots are in this game.

Alien (resized).jpgAlien (resized).jpg

#12218 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I think I found a good replacement for fiber optic lighting. This is more expensive than El wire but looks to be superior and at a much lower price point than fiber optics.
http://www.ellumiglow.com/laser-wire

Why don't you just order the fiber optic add on. Am I missing something?

#12229 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

And so it begins.

Who's live Tweeting?

#12239 6 years ago

Supposedly Heighway is adding a Bill Paxton tribute to the pin.

#12272 6 years ago

I notice on some videos, it seems that when the left and right ramp return the ball to the inlane it stutters and sometimes bounces out from the top (instead of feeding the flipper). Probably not critical, but might be worth seeing if this can be adjusted.

#12281 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I was the previous "head-gate" prosecutor
Here is Andrews reply after the dead flip stream concerns.

I think I read that they will also be making it clearer how many hits remain... important if you want to activate at a strategic time.

#12306 6 years ago

Just an opinion, but I think a good approach for the LE cabinet art would be to use illustration based images, similar to what Aurich has included on the playfield (vs the photo cabinet art as per the Standard), this would be a way to differentiate the look of the LE and standard without taking away from either.

#12435 6 years ago

That looks

Quoted from bigd1979:Scoop needs a cliffy or mantis ....... however my favorite thing about alien is the lighting by far. Very impressed by it....

The light show's look beautiful!

#12470 6 years ago

To those who have had the good fortune of being able to try Alien, how does the Add-a-Ball and jackpots work on Multiball? That's always been one of my favorite features!

#12490 6 years ago

I was playing Addams Family today, and I noticed some shots are similar to Alien, like the shot to the upper right flipper that stops, feeds the flipper and goes up to a similarly shaped ramp. Also the dual shots in the upper right.

This is great news because making these feels so satisfying in Addams.

#12529 6 years ago

Heighway uses monitors for commercial use (not consumer monitors).

What's the difference?

#12594 6 years ago

Yes, patience is a virtue.

#12658 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The "you're playing AS Ripley" angle is still pretty weak.
Imagine these pinball machines with the main character replaced by the player.
T2 WITHOUT Arnold.
Nightmare on Elm Street WITHOUT Freddy.
Apollo 13 WITHOUT Tom Hanks.
The Avengers WITHOUT Hulk.
Tron Legacy WITHOUT Flynn.
Demolition Man WITHOUT Stallone.
Star Wars WITHOUT Luke.
Addams Family WITHOUT Gomez.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.
Kiss WITHOUT Gene.
TBL WITHOUT The Dude.
Iron Man WITHOUT Stark.
Jurassic Park WITHOUT T-Rex.
Batman WITHOUT Batman.
etc...
That being said. The Game is still really amazing in spite of its main, beloved character being absent.

Disagree. This reply would make sense if it was Alien WITHOUT xenomorphs. But it's not so

#12664 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The "you're playing AS Ripley" angle is still pretty weak.
Imagine these pinball machines with the main character replaced by the player.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.

The Shadow without ALEC? Don't think my Shadow is suffering...

IMG_0295 (resized).JPGIMG_0295 (resized).JPG

#12681 6 years ago

Lots of complaining on Pinside I notice.

#12685 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is something else…and I'm waiting for a conversation to end and get permission to use it. Stay tuned…..

Huh?

#12718 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was told Stern had a pinball exclusive with Sigourney

Seems like a below the belt move from Stern if that's true. Locking Sigourney to Ghostbusters, doesn't enhance Ghostbusters at all and only detriments another's creative vision. Seems like a disservice to the hobby.

Having said that, I'm not bothered. I like Heighways approach of playing from the perspective of Ripley.

#12808 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As a supplement to my earlier note: I don't intend to have every_ game rule spelled out to the player ... partly because that could be confusing by inundating the player with too much information, and partly because it is (IMHO) fun to have secret tricks and bonuses in the game that you can discover over time. There are a decent number of those in the code.
But certainly the primary rules for modes and multiballs are not meant to be secretive or confusing.

One of the uniquely cool things about Alien is that there are shots that you want to hit as well as ones to avoid. Ferret is there some sort of consistent color hierarchy that symbolizes this (i.e. always aim for green shots or flashing shots, always avoid red ones - symbolizing aliens attacking)?

Also, how do shots to avoid work in this game? Do they have negative points, or reduce progression toward goals, or something like 3 strikes and you lose the mode?

#12812 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

"making the lights represent the entities from the movie" (e.g. I thought the "cat" shots in Find Jonesy should be orange) and "making the lights distinguishable, especially when stacking of features is considered" (e.g. multiball Jackpot shots are generally red) made things challenging. This still might get revisited in the future. I personally find it easier just to focus on what the color is for the "good" shots, since anything that's not that color is something I want to avoid during those modes.

I always enjoy your posts. You're approach makes sense. And in most pinball machines, jackpot is aways red. You're better off keeping this similar, otherwise people may find it unintuitive... Kinda like how a company should follow general user experience web design when building a website, you don't want to be clever and put the menu down the right side because it would be frustrating.

I don't have the good fortune of an Alien on location nearby, so I haven't played one first hand. But I've watched videos and had difficulty figuring out shots for 'Find Jonesy', I'd see the player hit the flashing orange shot, see the mode continue (Jonesy still isn't found) and think... Why isn't it registering what is the player supposed to be shooting for. Your response of warmer and cooler clears this up and makes sense - Sounds like a neat and rather innovative mode.

#12883 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actually, I'm not using the LED in that standup at all, but that's a good idea, I'll try it and see how it looks. The Chestburster shot, like all the Lifecycle shots, has a dedicated square insert on the playfield (next to the base of the UR flipper).

Yes please.

#12894 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I thought of the same idea for this target now. Make it pulse color to a blood red! Simulate the chest bursting

Yes, like a slow throbbing at first, that speeds up as it gets further and further towards some objective.

Ferret is the target up most of the time, and only lowers when the ball is in the bumpers? Or is there something else going on?

#12901 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The Chestburster drop target was removed last year. There is now a normal standup target (or "touch target" as some folks call them) at the end of the lane.

That makes much more sense.

#12903 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

We have not heard from Andrew in almost 2 weeks. April 26th is Wed this week and the goal was for LEs to start production end of April (next week). Andrew, can you provide any update to us patiently waiting for the game?

Why not wait until the 26th instead of pushing? If there is no news by Wed, then perhaps it is worth asking.

#12932 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

frame and snug glass means the game is seaed up better so less coil noise on the outside

Is it quieter, really?

#12961 6 years ago

My prediction is that there will be some big, positive news shortly. I'm guessing Heighway is consolidating the news for one release vs drip feeding it.

#12964 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What gives you this feeling?

Intuition.

#13108 6 years ago

I don't get it?

#13151 6 years ago

The LEart is beautiful. Really impressed and think it will correspond well with Aurich's work.

#13161 6 years ago

I understand the knives are out for us on Pinside again right now.

Many people on here want to complain, but please know many of us do value your openness and desire to do right by the Pinball community.

It's disappointing conduct on here results in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. But don't be discouraged, a lot of us do appreciate Heighway's efforts. Alien looks impressive. Best of luck!

#13292 6 years ago
Quoted from whatchapopo:

hello
on the aprom there is writed "shoots weapon during gameplay" (with launch button) and "select weapon" with the extra ball button..
i have never see that before so i haven't try this when i played at an expo (in france)
those action button are used in the actual code? there is something special in the gameplay if you use differents weapons?
(sorry for my english)

Yes, verbatim from Ferret: "You earn weapons by winning modes or completing the five weapon standup targets around the playfield. If you have more than one weapon, you can select amongst them using the Extra Ball button. Launch button fires the currently selected weapon. Each weapon has a different ability, always earned in order: VP70 Handgun (Advance Bonus X), Ithaca 37 Shotgun (spot 2 Xeno hits), M56 Smart Gun (spot "best" lit shot), M41A Pulse Rifle (start 2X playfield), M240 Flame Thrower (start short ball saver). Advanced players can strategically use the right weapons at the right time to make much goodness happen. "

#13306 6 years ago

Will Alien be at Pinfest in Allentown?

#13610 6 years ago

Sounds like the complaint is about offering more story and not tentpole special effect scenes?

#13775 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I was targeting for having a minimum of one machine of each "major manufacturer of nowadays". With RZ, WOZ, GB and Alien there was just TBL missing. Felt forced to ask for a refund Cointaker a few days ago as I've decided to not ride the rollercoaster any longer. What a pity but Alien frankly speaking is the best machine for me personally when it comes to theme. Having a life size Alien in my lil' home cinema and a life size alien Queen head bursting trough the wall in that room as well you can say I'm an Alien-freak ))

You're asking for a refund? But a couple of posts up you mention it was shipped. I'm confused?

#13802 6 years ago

@ferret, what are your favorite 3 pins?

#13932 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Also i don't like the flow of the ball in the right inlane after the ramp, it seems very slow and "jerky", is it normal? Maybe a little adjustment can repair this

I noticed this too, but thought I was just imagining. Can anyone with the pin confirm?

#14122 6 years ago

Do people who own the machine like the ramps, and think it fits well with the theme?

#14198 6 years ago

Check out 'It Follows' for an excellent, atmospheric horror film.

#14238 6 years ago

1ptjrb (resized).jpg1ptjrb (resized).jpg

#14242 6 years ago

I think part of the concern with people pulling their own money out, people worry that it increases the chances of the pin not being produced in mass (At the detriment to the pinball community). Kind of like a "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario, and by adding to hysteria of claiming the sky is falling, people see their own Alien at risk do to a snowball of worry (whether that be real or imagined).

#14282 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I have the 32" LCD Backbox so, hence the Darkness

Does it have the fiber optic ramps? How are they?

#14306 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Nice, you 100% ignore the problems I have as you could not care less it seems, and then you don't pay attention to the photos in this thread. This "LE" had black armor a few days ago. Now it's green. So unless the owner shows photos of either two LEs next to each other or a second set of black armor next to the green LE my 3 cents say that he went ahead and had it powdercoated.
So, piss on someone else's shoes, not mine. And get used to biding your time, that is all I did ever since I became a Full Throttle LE owner.

He showed the box noting it was a LE.

#14310 6 years ago

Ah, so now we have a different sort of Alien conspiracy. Great

#14318 6 years ago

Is this likely? Very random and odd if it is. There aren't fiber optic ramps, are there?

#14378 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The game was shipped out as a Black LE (per my Request) from the factory.
Hope that helps clarify

So you powdercoated it yourself? Why request it black and then coat it green?

I've been very supportive of Heighway in this thread, but I can't help but think this DIY LE approach is a bit odd.

#14386 6 years ago

I tend to agree. And the green wouldn't likely be the true LE Pantone. I mean isn't this just a standard, with LE art and a plaque? Wouldn't one be better off just paying for a standard and then adding on the beacons as an add on? For a LE with half the equipment missing, that's some expensive LE art.

#14430 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I thought it was said earlier that the fiber optic ramp lights could only be installed at the factory? If this is not the case I see a lot of LE pre orders wanting to do this.

I thought I read this too.

#14773 6 years ago

Why all the panic all of a sudden? This pin has been delayed and postponed over and over the past year+. What's changed to cause the 'sky is falling stance'?

#14806 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game is 'done' and 'production has started' - yet games are not flowing (contrast this with prior periods where.. game wasn't done)
Radio Silence vs Regular engagement
Refund Requests being ignored - vs happening, if not slowly, before
Regular Customer Engagement stopping vs semi-decent response prior
Distributors themselves not getting satisfactory updates
Before it was a 'wait and see' - now the time for cranking out games is here, and they aren't. A handful of games have gone out. There is no reason for them NOT to be going out now unless they are INCAPABLE of doing so.. which is where we are at.
And now we wait for 'news' that the company has acknowledged through several avenues is pending and coming...

Fair point.

#14810 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I am not in direct knowledge of anything. These are my options, not facts. Takes as you will.

Good you qualified your statements. It's VERY dangerous and risky otherwise.

#14855 6 years ago

Why so hostile?

#14954 6 years ago

To those that can't understand the business sense, come'on, think sensibly. This is the way the Private Equity investment firms are able to make money:

Take a business that has difficulty due to business process and such. Turn it around. Profit.
NOT: Take a business is operating efficiently, pay market value, contribute nothing in terms of process improvement. Make marginal return.

The value (opportunity) is in turning around the business, the modular IP, and the Alien license. While there is risk of the investors losing money. There is also huge possibility of significant returns. Simple case of risk and return. It's not a dumb play by investors in any way.

1 week later
#15142 6 years ago

Any Alien pinball news?

#15168 6 years ago

Wait, why has this thread turned into reliving the glory days? In that case:

#15245 6 years ago

Hey guys, I'm just curious... What makes a serious collector? I wouldn't consider myself a serious collector, especially since I only have one game but would like to better understand.

Is it the number of games he/she owns? Does it mean they see themselves as the Gordo Gecko of the pinball universe? Or something else, like being able to differentiate a collector quality vs routed pin, just from reading a Craiglist ad?

#15268 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

A serious collector is one who buys the best titles, mods the hell out of them, knows the market and has a large collection. A serious pinballer is someone who knows the games, plays in tournaments, plays at every opportunity, and has exceptional skills.
Different animals. I'm sorry if I sounded 'douchey'. I was just trying to establish that I know of what I speak.

Yes, I guess I'm not a serious collector then. I just enjoy playing pinball!

#15370 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you read right over this part of my post?
"We all need to also keep in mind that ANYONE that paid even a penny over the 1k deposit needs (on their own and so long as not lied to about game being ready to ship)..."

Yes I don't get it. I'm in for a LE and paid just the $1,500 deposit. But I don't see why anyone would pay above that on their own?

#15374 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

There were others who paid more or paid in full to be at the front of the line. The way Andrew structured the ordering, the more you paid, the farther up the line you went. I believe those were the folks he is referring to. There were others that were asked to pay because their games were supposedly shipping, and there were many that jumped in late when a couple of games hit the street and they saw the deadflip video and were also told production lines were up and games were going out the door.

I see. I suppose to each their own, but my personal thinking is that the potential benefit of getting your game earlier isn't worth the risk of having more money to lose. Additionally I'd prefer to get a later pin that has had kinks worked out.

1 week later
#15415 6 years ago

My bet (and I have no personal insight into this) is that there will be silence/no communication for the past month or so, then in a week-2 weeks *BAM* notification that ~100 pins are completed and ready to ship. I'd say there is a 70%-80% chance of this happening.

#15437 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Can we get a few more reviews of ALIEN pinball on here by those that have spent a good amount of time on it?
I'd like to see where it starts to fall in the top 100 list.

Yes, and for anyone that has played it, please share your ratings here: https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/alien/ratings

It looks like only two more ratings are required before the pin is eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking! I'm looking forward to seeing where it falls.

#15445 6 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Morgan Potter lied to me. Promised if i gave them a deposit that my game would be ready by the end of may. Tried his best to garner a new order by lying. This was just before the new owner announcement too. Don't listen to a word from that guy, hes just another 'yes' man imo.

Wasn't Andrew running the show then though?

#15477 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

reached out .. meaning. it will be issued ?

Or pins are shipping?

#15493 6 years ago

SunKing just curious... what are your top 5 favorite pins, and how does Alien compare in gameplay?

#15498 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I don't need a new playfield - mine is fine. I do need new Xeno mech/board and new GI LED's before I can update code.

For the most part, my top 5 changes like the wind. The only pin that's been consistently on my top five list is Williams FirePower. I like a good mix of classic late 70's/early 80's pins with some new modern pins.
1) Firepower
2) Alien
3) Metallica
4) Paragon / Genie (widebody)
5) AC/DC / Star Trek
Even though I love Metallica, it's for sale. After owning it for over a year, I'm ready for a change. For the most part, that has been my pattern with the new pins. I'll get 'em, LOVE playing 'em, but after a year or so I'm ready to move on. It was the same with AC/DC, Star Trek and Ghostbusters. They are great fun for a while, but don't keep my long term interest.
So far, Alien has been different. I can see keeping it for a while. I *LOVE* the theme, and it's a hard pin to play, so it's still very challenging to me. And probably the biggest thing for me - the sounds. I've said before but it bears repeating, David T did an AMAZING job with the audio on this pin. It's immersive rather than irritating. Oh, and the lighting (even though mine is not working 100%) is still the best I've seen on any pin. Throw on an excellent code base/rule set, and you've got a winning combination.
...and I'm still on version 0.94. I've heard lots of great things about the updates...and can't wait to be able to experience 'em.

Thanks @sunking, glad to hear that you think Alien has staying power. I like the "top 5" question, alongside thoughts on a new pin... It helps provide context on what types of pins someone likes (sometimes there is a trend... flow, stop and go, EM, bash toy focused, wide body, etc). So if someone has similar taste to me (my top 5 changes too but currently is Attack from Mars, Shadow, White Water, Metallica, and Twilight Zone), and recommends a pin, I'll probably enjoy it too.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Shadow? I only have one pin in my collection (a Shadow), and have the Alien L/E on order, I think they would make good companion pins. Modes, lots of objectives, different ways to play, numberous shots/paths, good audio, balanced scoring, and immersive theme (I have the Aurich translite, so mine is based on the pulp novels and radio show... not the movie).

Speaking of Shadow Ferret are there any double or triple jackpots in Alien? One of my favorite parts of Shadow is the ability to lock the ball in the two saucers, then score double or triple jackpots accordingly... It really adds a level of strategy and dimension to the multiball jackpots. If you are taking requests, I'd LOVE to see something similar to this implemented. If you can do this, and happen to be in NYC, I'll shout you a beer as a thank you!

#15516 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not exactly the way Shadow does it, no. But players can activate 2X Playfield Scoring several different ways (spelling DROP SHIP on the ramps, using the Pulse Rifle weapon, or occasionally from Mother), so of course doing that at the right time can be critical to big scores. Also, if you stack multiballs, all jackpots for both multiballs are doubled, and that does combine with 2X Playfield if running. And Super Jackpot values are generally "sum of all Jackpots since last Super"... which does consider the value of any multiplied jackpots along the way. So it's definitely possible to throw down some huge Super Jackpots.
Also also, each multiball has a distinct way of increasing its jackpot values before starting the multiball. I've been futzing with the scoring balance of that in recent weeks... I don't think it was generous enough in the versions of code that are currently in the field. I want advanced players to have a compelling reason to shoot around the playfield before starting multiballs.

Very cool, my understanding is that the only multi balls that can be stacked are sentry gun multiball with another. Good to hear that there are super jackpots too, are they collected in different ways depending on the multiball, like with Shadow or Medieval Madness?

#15523 6 years ago

Do we know if gloss black trim is still an option on the L/E? I prefer this much more to the green or matte black.

#15538 6 years ago

I see some people are dropping out of the L/E and going with the standard because they don't think the look of the fiberoptic ramps suits the theme. Question: How many different colors and brightnesses can these ramps be? Is it in the 1000's? I wonder, because if so it may be premature, and I can see some really cool effects, with a flickering, and a very dim green or blue? I don't think it needs to be full blast TRON neon, right?

#15569 6 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this pin!

#15579 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

At the very least they've been working their way through refunds.

It's probably in their favor to work through the refunds. I suspect that the pricing on the pre-order was very competitive, they'll be wanting to provide the pin at the agreed pre-order amount (to anyone with a pre-order), but if they can provide a refund, then when the pins are good to go (and if pricing is increased), anyone without a pre-order will have to pay the new price.

#15590 6 years ago

Ferret will Alien possibly have a midnight madness mode?

#15596 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Website updated! Looks like they won't be selling direct anymore, says volume orders only. I wonder if us single machine buyers will be passed to the local distributor?

Potentially new buyers, but I wonder how Heighway will proceed with those who have been standing strong in their support with a preorder. They should handle those sales.

#15643 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Was the idea of flashers lighting the head, ever implemented?

If it hasn't been included yet, it may be worth delaying production, and completely reworking the pins to include this.

#15645 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if Heighway were to delay production and rework this pin, I can think of better things to change/add than lighting the head.

Like?

#15651 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it hasn't been done it's a shame but no reason to delay production.

Of course, I thought this was obvious and I didn't need to include the sarcasm emoji.

#15653 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Aliens arrived today!

I hope one of these are going to an operator who a route in NYC.

#15662 6 years ago

Just curious, how many of you with pins on order have had an opportunity to play the pin? I have a LE on order and unfortunately I'm buying without trailing...Everything I see about gameplay looks great. Am I missing anything in my optimism?

#15667 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I also recently made a tweak to the default settings so that Airlock (start mode) is lit at start of game, so players are more likely to start at least one mode and see some cool stuff.

Smart, makes the game more accessible without being significantly easier.

#15672 6 years ago

Any new Alien action, gameplay or news?!

#15674 6 years ago

Looks like Alien is making it's way up the rankings, now sitting at number 23!

#15678 6 years ago

The Cointaker price for the standard has jumped, it's now $7,995 with LCD. This is almost the cost of preordering a L/E direct from Heighway.

#15680 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The original price for the LE through Cointaker was $8400 shipped with LCD. I forget what it was direct with US shipping.
Sounds like what happened with WOZ, ended up costing more and people who waited years ended up saving some coin if the games finally do ship.

I think direct was $6,450, plus about $350 in shipping.

#15686 6 years ago

Very Exciting News!!!

From Facebook...

"We are pleased to announce that our game Alien Pinball is now in full production. We aim to start shipping games out in numbers on August 14 and onwards. We are currently manufacturing Alien Standard (SE) games and will start building Alien Limited Edition (LE) games at the end of August or early September. Pre-order customers will be contacted shortly to decide on trim color (LE) and possible add-ons (LE/SE) for their game. Games are available through our distributors, which can be found on our web site http://www.heighwaypinball.com. There are still some LE:s available. Please get in touch with us if you want to buy a game and there is no distributor appointed in your area.
MSRP for the two models are: Alien SE $7,495 and Alien LE $8,495. Pre-order customers who already placed a deposit will keep the price at the time of their order.
The models are equal in terms of gameplay but the LE version comes with several extra add-ons, exclusive artwork and a uniquely numbered Limited Edition certificate. Add-ons can be added to an SE game as well, except the LE exclusive extras. Full specification of all our games can be found on our web site.
More information to follow shortly."

20451733_547456942044921_4855726699858071822_o (resized).jpg20451733_547456942044921_4855726699858071822_o (resized).jpg

#15692 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what incarnation is that PF posted above? the upper left section isn't the same as those on gameplay videos. is this a new change or an old image?

What's different in the upper left, I'm not noticing?

#15738 6 years ago

So

Quoted from Bryno:Ha, even Full Throttle SE has gone up to £6999. That was £5500 only a month or two ago! £7999 for the LE. Crazy.

What was the original going rate for a L/E in USD when initially available for pre-order?

#15750 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

To be clear. Not drawn on paper or canvas with pen, brush etc. like EM and pre-translite SS artists created it? So no actual original exists? Just something digital on a screen?

Based on his workflow video, it looks like there is an original hand drawn piece of artwork that is scanned in and worked over digitally with the software.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
528 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.