zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

306 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jeffspinballpalace. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1426 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We know people are eager to see something, so we'll figure something out.

I have a polaroid camera I can ship. It is really cool too, you point and shoot ... out comes a blank pic. Almost as if by magic, the captured image slowly appears. Then you place those pics in the US postal system and ship to me, along with a mailing list. After items have been examined, I'll dutifully wrap and mail to next name on the list. Before long, all of us will get to see an Alien up close.

#1454 8 years ago

Isn't that now? Link to streaming please.

#1630 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our games are currently shipping out with real knockers in them

Like this ...

4 months later
#3089 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm doing it all. So yes, but not yet. Lower priority right now.

Hell yeah. I was thinking of buying an extra playfield anyways and seeing if someone wanted to paint it. Wanted to put it in my game. Any chance you'd consider doing an overlay?

#3186 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The ignore button is your friend.

I finally had enough and did the same thing, three hours ago. Amazing how much less turmoil and stress there is in my life of late. I am enjoying my time learning about Alien in this troll free zone.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

image_(resized).jpeg

Did you see that bike? It's just sic
alien2_(resized).jpgalien2_(resized).jpg

#3205 8 years ago

Oh boy, this Predator is excited about seeing the Alien motorcycle.

alien3_(resized).jpgalien3_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3688 8 years ago

Sun is up and so am I. Gonna be a great day. Aurich won't be getting anything done at work anyways, time to spill.

Would love to see uv paints used on the LE playfield.

#3825 8 years ago

Playfield art looks outstanding. Insert lettering is consistent and easy to read. Different areas give off unique vibes. I didn't have expectations or preconceived images, but really appreciate how the artwork lays out.

I am confident now, in stating that once plastics are revealed and playfield is populated and lit, anyone not already blown away, will be. Playfield art is just one aspect of a complete design, but so far so good. My hunch is that all other parts will be at this same level of design and professionalism.

My main question is how can I help Heighway to put one of these pins in my garage ASAP?

Only design comment - I wish the dropship flame was more realistic. Pefer a mist or smoke style pattern. Think dots or fragments, not solid color. Otherwise I am ready to sign off on it.

#4108 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Last PF art that I didn't hear a negative peep about was Metallica.

Yes it was universally embraced as great from the get-go. Which begs the question, If Stern can produce a playfield with such pleasing art, why follow it with TWD (ok) and GOT (less than average)? It implies Stern doesn't what good playfield art should look like and that they leave it up to the individual artist. With MET, Dirty Donny hit one out of the park, but since there is no design sense, it wasn't captured for prosperity. What followed MET design was a resumption of this practive and mediocre work ensued.

edit* - I forgot about KISS, it is really nicely done and received much praise as a result. But Stern has been on quite a dry spell until MET & KISS and quality art direction appears to be total hit or miss.

#4163 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I consider it anti-inspiring. Tone and mood is survival in far space, immersive is the word here. I feel Aurich nailed that.
Adult themed artwork is awesome. I am very pleased with it.

After revisiting this playfield art many times, I stand by my initial response, which was that this design looks fantastic. It will look better once the other parts fill in. I couldn't easily express what others have since stated, that the design is well organized and logical. It also has that quiet, lonely feel of space. Funny thing is, when the version with purple outlines was released, I noticed how especially nice the playfield looked. The line width of the white around the inserts and objects is thin enough that it becomes easily lost. However, because the playfield is dark and brooding, bright purple outlines really pop and tie everything together. It acts like trim around a picture ... or like a rug can do for the room.

So I am now hoping that the inserts and objects will be outlined in purple. Also hoping for uv paints to be used, especially for the central green area, but also on those purple outlines. Work those items in, and you are a wizard in my book.

#4334 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

These are some really cool set photos from Alien.
The planet photo looks like they stole it off Aurichs playfield
http://geektyrant.com/news/253-photos-from-the-set-of-ridley-scotts-alien
--Jeff

For some reason my favorite pic of the batch was this. Guess I was fascinated with the practical side of making Alien.

alien5_(resized).jpgalien5_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#4686 8 years ago

Alien Pinball playfield photos will be posted within hours...

what time zone? I've been waiting all morning ...

#4725 8 years ago

Guessing the flippers will be lit because of the cutouts

#4846 8 years ago

Forget about aliens vs predators for a momement. Imagine the ultimate smackdown - Spader Man, Robert Cop 3 Specialman and Space Wars. It would be brutal. Anybody find an Iran Man?

enhanced-buzz-32011-1351090019-2_(resized).jpgenhanced-buzz-32011-1351090019-2_(resized).jpg
enhanced-buzz-7628-1351095677-5_(resized).jpgenhanced-buzz-7628-1351095677-5_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#5130 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

We need to get one of the twitch guys to sneak in there for all of us who can't make it!

I got an itch that can only be satisfied with a twitch.

1 month later
#5359 7 years ago

The Zen tables look fantasic. Ductwork and interior wall panels really tie the pin together and set the mood.

#5386 7 years ago

Yes an Alien day update is needed. 420 day, each and every day. Nothing to do here but speculate.

007259_(resized).jpg007259_(resized).jpg

tumblr_mrf6ssagFh1rhq7xgo1_500_(resized).jpgtumblr_mrf6ssagFh1rhq7xgo1_500_(resized).jpg

alien31_(resized).jpgalien31_(resized).jpg

tumblr_inline_o4djldfTjD1qzf6t4_540_(resized).jpgtumblr_inline_o4djldfTjD1qzf6t4_540_(resized).jpg

#5416 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Wow! Has this thread taken a turn or what?!

probably

TrainWreck5.gifTrainWreck5.gif

#5428 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Andrew. Now I am buzzing and really need to see the video. Bring it on FOX .... the gauntlet has been thrown !!! Expedite your review and approval process before ALIEN Day 2016.

alien6.jpgalien6.jpg

#5443 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes. On the Left Orbit "C".

9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg

What, only one spinner I'm out.

1 week later
#5566 7 years ago

Alright then, no to Tracie and yes to Aliens. What have we got?

#5607 7 years ago

and still ... nothing. At least we're staying on topic. (I think) ;

#5654 7 years ago

Doesn't matter if the video is out of date. It's more current than previous ones that are six+ months old, and interest is high. After showing it, they likely can take and post more informal ones too. We want the video.

#5700 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Guess I will check back in 3 months.

Better brace for a four month hiatus - that gets you to mid Sep. Certainly it should be viewable then, right?

#5707 7 years ago

If I had $10k the possibilities ...

alien-figure-table-furniture-statue-scrap-metal-art-for-sale_(resized).jpgalien-figure-table-furniture-statue-scrap-metal-art-for-sale_(resized).jpg

alien-figure-statue-sculpture-replica-full-life-size-for-sale-2b_(resized).jpgalien-figure-statue-sculpture-replica-full-life-size-for-sale-2b_(resized).jpg

alien-statue-sculpture-full-life-size-for-sale_(resized).jpgalien-statue-sculpture-full-life-size-for-sale_(resized).jpg

#5745 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sure if you had money in on this game and were skeptical Andrew or a team member can show you some teasers via Skype. Obviously recording would be prohibited and/or an NDA would need to be signed. A private showing doesn't constitute a public viewing and would be within the guidelines set forth by Fox.

Don't they have an app that lets you send an message and video to people to view for a few hours before it disappears? Why couldn't Andrew shoot a few videos and have them on hand to send upon request? I am seriously wondering what the hold up is since they evidentally are not restricted from showing anything to people at shows. Why not add an electronic option at the same time Has anybody seen pics of complete Alien prototype with art? "That is something I would love to see" said Captain Obvious.

k7h3g.gifk7h3g.gif

#5816 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Andrew is still allowed to drop by and give us a quick update from time to time.
No stasis for me. Even the tiniest tidbits are of interest.

I believe Andrew had fiber for breakfast and a big bowl of raisin bran. Is that the kind of morsel you were hoping?

#5901 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

.. I'm fine waiting til summer...then it becomes BS and I'm out.

You have a month until June 20, official start of Summer. I'm pulling for you brother.

#5971 7 years ago

so tempted to drain this thread ... gonna be three months of radio silence from Heighway and 50 nitwits a day, posting here On the other hand, I have so much time invested wading through 5,970 posts of nonsense, why quit now? You haven't. Evidently I don't have anything better to do either. So now dear friends you have 5,971 posts

#5977 7 years ago

wow! a lot of activity here lately. Anything going on???? Bueller, Bueller ???? Aaaaaaaahhhhhh nnnnooooooooooothing is going on around here. Good, carry on.

#5980 7 years ago

everybody wants in on the action.

train1.jpgtrain1.jpg

#5986 7 years ago

(personal favorite) ...

train5_(resized).jpgtrain5_(resized).jpg

#6003 7 years ago

Thread is one year old and includes a number of posts by Heighway. As of right now, 6,003 posts in, does everybody have a picture or video of what the actual game will look or act like? Anybody? I want to see a completed game with - artwork, plastics, rules, sounds, lighting, dmd, trim finish etc. How about that - anybody have pics of that? Well we have seen the playfield, but that one thing was out of context. Have we seen any half-completed elements? NO! Andrew now says he can't show game unitl Fox has approved the whole thing. That's how it is and always has been the whole time apparently. So WTF have we been doing here - other than kidding ourselves?

#6022 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Clearly the saddest thing in this thread is jeffspinballpalace train fetish.

Trains are pretty. any pics of Aliens yet???

raw.gifraw.gif

#6024 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sad, just sad. And the saddest thing of all is there is no mod to be seen to stop this nonsense. So Pinside rules have not much meaning anymore.

Yeah its almost like the Mods should lock the thread til Aug to prevent this sorta thing. We have learned little about Alien pinball and seen even less in this thread. When we do get the reveal is when the thread will add value. Until then .. it is officially wasting everybody's time. So who's to say one person's nonsensical posts are any better than the next guy's. We are all on a raft floating in the ocean and have nothing but vast amounts of time on our hands. We should take every effort to make the best of our time together as we drift and wait, and wait and wait. I am spending my time thinking about trains right now.

To answer your question, we got pinball rules and Pinballrulz is here to stay. The home brew Archer thread has shown a real shooting Whitewood vid with rules and sounds and toys in a real cabinet. That's exciting and its not even an official pin yet.

#6029 7 years ago

Yeah, good train gifs are getting harder to find these are pretty mesmerizing.

raw-2.gifraw-2.gif

raw-3.gifraw-3.gif

#6033 7 years ago

images-13.jpegimages-13.jpeg

#6143 7 years ago

come on guys play nice or Aurich won't post here any more.

I was shocked to learn in roughly the last 100 posts - 1) confirmation we can't see anthing until Fox approves everything 2) confirmation there is a video and 3) the process for viewing this video that includes game play, art, toys, sounds, rules etc - is to attend a show that Andrew is also planning to attend. Then track him down, and once he finishes his presentation or game or conversation, ask to see the video. Still scratching my head at this solution, but ok. Then I saw a fantastic collection of train gifs. Aurich provided some background license stuff. Nothing to report by Heighway about why the confusion that everybody was expecting one thing and now they tell us differently. Oh yeah, a couple of guys can get bent for having to flip through extra posts in a thread that is 99.999% certified bs. OUTRAGEOUS. Even RulezPoliz backed down from the ledge and agreed not to file a pinside restraining order ... AND YET We still continue waiting here. Waiting and hoping, jumping at every new post, imagining a morsel of news, a trinket, or the ultimate nugget - a pic. Oblivious to the reality that you won't be seeing something before August. STOP hoping things will be different. They will not and if you believe otherwise, you are delusional. BUT we have a solution that allows you to see the coveted video. Guess I'll have to head over to one of those pinball shows to see it in person. SINCE NOW this is an option. For the record, those trains gifs were above average material for this thread.

To see the latest Alien Pinball machine, I would need to travel to a pinball show, right? And since this is the OFFICIAL Alien thread, I would expect to see that information prominently displayed, right? I mean there are already 6,143 valuable posts in this thread. If the pinball show schedule is posted somewhere above, point it out. I need to know when to plan my vacation and when to dress in full stalker mode.

alien15.jpgalien15.jpg
alien14.jpgalien14.jpg

#6241 7 years ago

good update Aurich, to see the video of Alien pinball that is floating around, we can find either Andrew or David Thiel at a pinball show and ask to see it, right? So far, David said he was going to NW pinball show. Are there orther shows that either of these guys are planning to travel that can be annouced here? If anyone else is considering going to their local show and catching one of these guys, it would be nice to know and to plan ahead for the possibility of watching the video.

#6244 7 years ago

We'd love to see you three in SFGE in Atlanta in two weeks I think David might be scheduled for a seminar too. If so that would be good, but mostly thinking - any of you with copy of video that will be available at an upcoming show should mention here in one location. More to come I'm sure.

#6294 7 years ago

Getting excited, "Oh hell yeah, baby"! Layout might be the thing that really cements the game - it manages to look both unique and fun.

alien16.jpgalien16.jpg

#6388 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

..."score a jackpot with all 3 balls in play", "max the bonus multiplier", "shoot 20 total ramp shots"...

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#6414 7 years ago

How about everybody that puts in 3 quarters wins a trophy

#6436 7 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

The guy that was in the alien suit was Nigerian.

Was the actor legitimately in country? I'd hate to think our Alien was a .... you know ...illegal alien.

1 week later
#6499 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Will someone send me a link to the video? Thanks

A public run-in with police gone wrong, a private tape showing the encounter appears and is shown on cable and internet, repeatedly. Secret recordings of two people in the bedroom is available to anyone that wants to look.

When a video of a cool new pinball machine gets made, security is tighter than a gold vault at Fort Knox. For six months, a handful of people have had access to a copy and no uncontrolled leaks. Where is Snowden when you need him? Andrew is building Alien, but his product with the most value - cyber security. I too am resigned to waiting, but isn't it ironic?

#6556 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Make sure to include her great cringe worthy line "They're DEAD! All DEAD. Can I go now??!!"

Good one and definitely use - My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are.

1 week later
#6661 7 years ago

Andrew,

You still on track for revealing a production game by end of August?

1 month later
#6910 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think the dark and moody look of Alien and the colorful and loud Full Throttle make a great pairing for Heighway's first two games. The contrast is essential to entice pinheads to buy both games (which is at the core of the conversion kit concept). It worked for me!

Can you give us a breakdown of costs? Maybe in three buckets: FTLE, large screen upgrade and Alien upgrade kit.

#6969 7 years ago

Nice effort. Game will be even greener once fiber optics on ramps are turned on.

2 weeks later
#7155 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Quick! Someone drive over there and take a picture through the window!!!!

Can just make out a faint reflection of the playfield on the window. Maybe someone can magnify and enhance.

enhance4 (resized).jpgenhance4 (resized).jpg

enhance2 (resized).jpgenhance2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7234 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the audio work David Thiel has done for this game.

That's a high bar around here. Because of certain members and because David T is expected to deliver an intense, tension building, ground trembling experience that is delivered in a crisp, crystal clear manner. All right then, can't wait

1 week later
#7310 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

chrome aliens le with invisiglass and backglass lcd with full thottle extra playfield. well my poor wife and kids are gonna have a light christmas this year!!!

Like everything you've picked out and guess you mean large vs small lcd screen. You need a shaker too, right? As we are going to wait 14 days for real info, what do you speculate that might cost prior to shipping? I am thinking $9.5kish maybe.

#7387 7 years ago

^^ don't let that hugger anywhere near your face.

Facehugger - The facehugger is a parasitoid; its only purpose is to make contact with the host's mouth for the implantation process, by gripping its legs around the victim's head and wrapping its tail around the host's neck. Upon making contact, the facehugger administers a cynose-based paralytic in order to render it unconscious.[32][33] During a successful attachment, the facehugger will insert a proboscis down the host's throat, supplying it with oxygen[9] while simultaneously implanting an embryo. Attempts to remove facehuggers generally prove fatal,[1] as the parasitoid will respond by tightening its tail around the host's neck, and its acidic blood prevents it from being safely cut away. In addition, its grip on the host's head is strong enough to tear the host's face off if it is forcibly removed.[9]
Once the Alien embryo is safely implanted, the facehugger detaches, crawls away and dies.

#7484 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Cointaker SE includes 27" large screen and black trim last time I checked.

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Cointaker includes the 27" upgrade on FT's ...a $550 upgrade. I think with the free shipping you'll find it works out the same.

Mystery solved, thanks guys. Heard CT's prices were the same but it never seemed to add up, until now. Add extra features you want anyways and boom exact same. Looks like all Distributer pricing is the same.

1 week later
#7534 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

a man who does not own a pinball machine is also a man but an inferior man

..and he won't be getting any chicks either, until he sells his arcade games and buys some pinball machines.

#7616 7 years ago

Thanks for the state of the union assessment and high quality writeup rubberducks. Your investigative skills turned up a few surprises and the tone of the piece seemed both realistic and neutral.

#7673 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I really think the game needs to be at expo working well or it will be a big missed opportunity for heighway pinball.

Same comment about the video. If not approved by Expo, just edit some blurs in and rest of the camera work could be enjoyed.

#7957 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

How dare they remove the manual plunger!

Nobody considers those to be real pinball machines?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8015 7 years ago

Works for me. 10:30EST or 9:30CST

Countdown (resized).pngCountdown (resized).png

#8558 7 years ago

Reveal was well done. Having hi-rez pics, a cool video, prices for add-ons and a new website was/is spectacular. Only saw one video of gameplay from Expo, and nobody realized so much of the coding was done until Ferret just stated 90 percent. When can we see a writeup of the rules? I'd love to start thinking about the general game and all the ins, outs and what have you's. .

2 weeks later
#9201 7 years ago

Watched Alien on cable today and really enjoyed all the goo dripping from the Xeno's. Guess there's no way to incorporate it in the game, but it would be sweet. In one scene Segourny walled into room of hatching eggs and destroys everything with flame thrower. Goo splatters all over her face and torso, but it didn't burn her at all. Thought alien fluids were acidic by nature. That scene stood out among many silly inaccuracies. There probably are hundreds.

I couldn't see the lighted inside panels well during the game reveal, are they scenes. from inside the ship (fingers crossed)?

1 week later
#9282 7 years ago

t-minus four hours and counting ....

alien29 (resized).jpgalien29 (resized).jpg

#9295 7 years ago

Wow. now that's the way to use a license.

#9307 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

After watching the video and the graphic chestbuster scene, is there going to be a setting that is suitable for young children?

why? Both Alien movies were R rated and this pin starts with that as source material. Now, if they wanted to add some extra dialog including swearing and obsenities (think RZ), then I could see why you might want to have an option to tone it down some. But on Alien ... no such feature has ever been requested before - FAIL.

1 month later
#9745 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

I am going tomorrow with the Proto Alien Pinball to Freddy's Pinball Paradise in Germany.
So I have done an initial rule sheet in which you are maybe also interested (in English).
http://www.rs-pinball.at/alien-regelwerk/
I have not written down the rules of the single modes till now, but the document will go on.
Br
Stefan From RS-PINBALL http://www.rs-Pinball.at

Thanks for the rulesheet. Screen captures help explain a lot too. You da man!

#9911 7 years ago

HeighwayPinball - Andrew

Now you've finalized the concept of using a third lcd screen at queen's chamber, is it SAFE to assume kits will start shipping by end of Feb and LE's will start flowing by April?

#9912 7 years ago

Usually I am not one to get excited about an announced movie sequels, but something about Alien that has me jazzed (probably because of all the Alien talk here and the idea of receiving my very own Alien/Aliens pin). Maybe the movie will be out by next Christmas. Story below:

Alien 5 Will Be Worth The Wait, According To Sigourney Weaver
BY MATT WOOD - 8 MONTHS AGO15 COMMENTS
------
Alien 5 is definitely happening at some point in the future. At least that’s what everyone involved with it keeps saying as it gets delayed further and further. To be written and directed by Neil Blomkamp, the film is supposed to be a return to form for the Alien franchise and will focus once again on Sigourney Weaver’s infamous Ripley. While the film was supposed to arrive in 2017, it got delayed so that Ridley Scott’s Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant would go first. We haven’t heard many details on the progress of the movie in a while, but Sigourney Weaver says that, slowly but surely, it’s still coming.

Talking with Indiewire, Sigourney Weaver was able to divulge some information on the film. Asked about the progress on the film and if it were still in development, Weaver had this to say:
Well, I think it is. Ridley asked Neill not to make our Alien 'til after Prometheus 2. [Ridley] wanted his movie to shoot and be released first. But it’s an amazing script, and Neill and I are really excited about doing it. We’re doing other things until we can get going on that. I’d be really surprised if we didn't do it, because it’s such a great script, and we love working together. So, it’s just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it’ll be worth the wait.

The take away from this is that, yes, it’s coming, and it’ll be better than Alien: Resurrection. It was previously rumored that Alien 5 would be more of a direct sequel to Aliens, while mostly ignoring the other sequels (kind of like what Jurassic World did). While an actor claming that a movie they’re in will be good isn’t exactly a promise of quality, I’m ready for a new Alien film. It seems only right with Predator getting a new film, that the other big alien monster from the eighties should get a comeback as well.

It’s still unclear exactly what Alien: Covenant is about, but it seems that there will be a connection to Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5, with the Prometheus sequel serving as a sort of lead-in. While most likely no one is more excited to see a Prometheus sequel before an actual Alien movie, the title indicates that it will try to provide less giant blue people and more face huggers.

alien21 (resized).jpgalien21 (resized).jpg

#9932 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

With so many pages ...
Can someone please list the least expensive option to bring this machine to my gameroom? I would want the one with the lcd screen in the backbox. Thanks.

Looks like $6.5k plus shipping.

1 week later
#9988 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

The Game was only announced 2 years ago. Quit exagerating

at least he didn't say it was three years late

1 week later
#10358 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

For all you LE pre-order's. What do you think will be the actual time frame when the game is delivered to you. My guess at this point would be April, 2017. I'm dying every time I see more released. I'm soooo... hyped!!!

I'll be happier to see the kits and standard Aliens flowing soon. That will be a better indicator of when LE's might ship. Once the first batch of 20 Aliens leaves - add four weeks for the first LE's to start shipping (my guess). That is likely when we'll be discussing the ideal ratio of Std/LE's making it off the assembly line.

#10491 7 years ago

more like hysteria, but it's all good.

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#10649 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I also would love a rotisserie like andrews as well.

Maybe it will be added to the store as an option. Don't know how much more they would go for, but it would be great to have one and cool if it shipped same time as the game. This could be a whole new market for Heighway.

#10803 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

» YouTube video

It may be a few months short of when others begin claiming this game is awesome on many levels. But once HP gets beyond the circuit board and a/v issues, this game will have a lot going for it. It has a main screen in playfield and extra rules screen on playfield, a huge LCD in back box, color changing ramps, great art direction and theme integration. Over the top sounds, great rules, unique toys and beautiful art work.

Can hardly wait any longer. I'd love to be surprised to learn HP had 120 games built and waiting on boards to arrive. That is second only to learning 120 board sets had been delivered and tested at HP.

1 week later
#11094 7 years ago

This game is going to be HUGE! It is a widebody, you know. Lots going on and as great as it looks and sounds and plays, I feel the lighted ramps will set this game on fire. Heighway Pinball to ramp up production and get these games shipping faster.

#11187 7 years ago

to keep things moving Heighway. I'll bet the guy in the truck doesn't realize there's an "alien" in the box.

2 weeks later
#11634 7 years ago

1) Any plans for Heighway to release a digital version of their pinball machines? Possible partnership with Pinball FX2?

2) New boards still expected tomorrow? Anxiously awaiting more games to be shipped.

#11826 7 years ago

2 + 1 + 6 games shipped = sh@t just got real.

1 week later
#12233 6 years ago

Can someone ask them how the 3 Aliens have been holding up so far? Guess each should have seen about one day's worth of use.

#12311 6 years ago

^^ dang, nothing good ever follows me home.

congrats, and we won't expect you to update your collection until next weekend.

1 week later
#12565 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

no news cat fight bump...

normally I'm against fighting of any kind to resolve issues. But do enjoy a good girls cat fight with sound turned up, bump.

1 week later
#12631 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Spent some time on Alien last night.
Very very impressed.

Was it of this earth?

IMG_1107 (resized).JPGIMG_1107 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#14162 6 years ago

Yes I'd like to from Heighway 1) are the games being shipped considered final-final 2) how many games were shipped last week, this week and planned for each of next two weeks 3) is anything still being engineered and what is the prognosis 4) are there any parts outstanding and what is the prognosis 5) are there any other impediments to production.

While other questions linger, the answers to these would help explain what's happening.

#14574 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My INTENT, was to get some communication going and find out what the FACTS are:
1) Poor Customer Service, factual
2) People fighting to get a refund, factual
3) Delay after delay, lie after lie by Andrew, factual
Andrew has the ability to fix things and there are ZERO excuses, its all on him to deliver the pinball machines that he took our $$$ for.
The result is we now have some communication after total radio silence.
Patience is the only option now so i hope we get good news.
The DP and JPOP situation went way too long before any help could fix things. Ask for the help, people are very forgiving if you are up front and honest about your situation.

Any credible (or noncredible) sources want to share what we might expect to hear in a day or two? I am a concerned paid-in-fool LE customer who does not appreciate having to read a pinball thread every day to weigh events and decide whether to stay invested while Heighway Pinball isn't communicating issues with their own customers. With few deliveries to early buyers (many of whom should be on Pinside), missed deadlines without explanation, some lies by and radio silence since from Heighway, unfilled requests for refunds, hints of espionage, this game is starting to OFFER IT ALL.

WTF is going on Andrew? As of today I'd like my game or my money! I don't mind keeping my deposit with you a little longer, but Heighway Pinball asking for balance of my payment while implying manufacturing was imminent, was over the line. I'd like that amount returned, while awaiting your public explanation of what has transpired the past six months soon, no later than 05/31, Wed midnight. Until then I am left with a vivid imagination and idle time to ponder the possibilities. Ok let's see what could be learned in a few days ....

1) there has been an embargo by vendors preventing delivery of parts and it has been resolved 2) Heighway's bad company credit is causing them to pay up front costs for everything and that money is now gone. 3) some significant part of game is planned for extinction for technical reasons (probably led ramps) 4) there is an unexpected price increase of $500 due now because of currency fluctuations 5) a new $250k line of credit was extended by a bank and now things will be moving quickly 6) abandonment of manufacturing faculty and announcement that game will be made in US on contract basis 7) a buyer has stepped up to purchase because it is so profitable and will require three months to close Heighway Pinball LTD and move assests between companies.license needed to be renewed since first 3 year period has expired. Now resolved it's full steam ahead.

I don't pretend to present any facts, just theories trying to assess things and I am crossing my fingers I wasn't taken for a van ride around the block, dragged thru a construction site and shoved down the port-a potty hole before being unceremonious dumped on.

IMG_0060.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

My suggestion to Andrew is provide a statement with answers now and the rest of details can follow in a few days, but now is the time to grab the bull by his horns and to identify the problems, provide answers, have a good cry and take the medicine.

#14601 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

People wouldn't have to ask for refunds if they had their games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's something Dude-like or even Zenish about your thoughts.

#14629 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just spoke with Melissa at Cointaker, and she talked me off the ledge. She couldn't give details, but said everyone will be happy with the announcement.

everyone only thing I know of that can fit that bill is free money. I'll take a handful please.

#14676 6 years ago

heard it's good news and that we'll know it any day now.

waiting5 (resized).jpgwaiting5 (resized).jpg

waiting4 (resized).jpgwaiting4 (resized).jpg

waiting3 (resized).jpgwaiting3 (resized).jpg

waiting2 (resized).jpgwaiting2 (resized).jpg

wait2 (resized).jpgwait2 (resized).jpg

wait (resized).jpgwait (resized).jpg

#14692 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Where are you guys finding these Stern Starwars rumors? I am getting ready to fill in the hole where the Alien is supposed to go eventually with a game and would like to know more about a star wars pin.

Welcome, and you've come to the right place to learn all about SW.

#14711 6 years ago

Lack of communication is unacceptable. There are reasons why this hasn't been happening, but it is unacceptable nonetheless.
Much better customer services is a must, moving forwards.

So what's the good news everybody's going to like? Still awaiting news from Heighway Pinball on the return of my 2nd payment to reduce my commitment on Aliens to $1,500.

waiting8.gifwaiting8.gif
waiting7.gifwaiting7.gif

#14713 6 years ago

Initial payment payment was $1,500 downpayment. 2nd payment of balance due was made in October 2016 when Andrew claimed the games were in production and ramping up ... send money soon. I am requesting a return of my second payment until my game has been made. I am waiting the upcoming announcement to decide what to do with the downpayment and hope to stay in.

waiting15.gifwaiting15.gif
waiting14.gifwaiting14.gif
waiting12.gifwaiting12.gif
waiting13.gifwaiting13.gif

Quoted from pincil8:

What number did you use?

I emailed Heighway, contacted my credit card company, posted on this thread and tried calling directly without success (got a change of phone number message when I tried calling). Doesn't seem like anyone is home. What number can they be reached and what's the secret password for the back channel?

#14729 6 years ago

Well, my fingers are crossed there's a deal in the works. Lots of grumblings here about a takeover and one hint about things occurring closer than expected (within US)? My guess is AP bought them and will begin manufacturing Aliens immediately on a second line next to Houdini.

ps - the opinions expressed are just my hunch to feed on until Andrew comes out!

#14761 6 years ago

Things are looking worse for Heighway Pinball LLC with each passing day and no word. 10 days ago I began sending Heighway Pinball multiple emails, have left voicemails and instructed my credit card company to reach out to Heighway Pinball to request the return of my $6,425 payment. To date there has been no acknowledgement by Heighway of any of these requests. Not one returned email or phone call saying, we received your request and will or will not be able to honor it. They should have responded to each and every one, instead, they seem content giving me, a paid-in-full customer, the middle finger and hearty FU.

I am expecting to see a class action thread against Heighway Pinball LLC thread pop up soon, and I’ll be signing up.

Has anybody taken the factory tour of Heighway lately?

#14781 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...Ultimately we all want to see Heighway work through the problems they may have going on behind the scenes and sell as many Aliens possible and become a big player in the pinball business. Thanks

I challenge Heighway Pinball LLC to a game of truth or dare. My dare is they must deliver every game paid for and return deposit money for unproduced games. Instead they can chose truth and admit there is a problem(s) and explain what they are. Adding possible solutions would be a welcomed bonus. Heighway is actively engaged in a game of Hide and Seek.

#15063 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wish there was a west coast distributor.

You are still talking pinball and not pizza or pot, right?

#15095 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

If Andrew is "gone", the transition has failed. If no one responds to the PP disputes, this suggests to me that Andrew has some physical or mental breakdown going on. It's totally in Andrew's interest to smooth the transition. Can anyone verify that Andrew has abandoned the operation before he has a deal?

Man overboard!! Last heard from here 10 days ago. Wish he was still engaged in the transition. At least he quickly turned over customer lists and company files (presumably) as the new Owners used them this week to send emails. Still awaiting word of the new company's formation.

1 week later
#15233 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Maybe I missed it, but are you all ignoring the fact that a mans dream has been shattered. It seems like we are just going to business as usual. Discussing Alien, Aliens, blah blah blah.
I know Andrew did not all things right, but it was a man with a pinball dream and that is now gone.
Best of luck to Andrew and his family. Hope he will return to pinball in another role someday. And he is still the guy that brought you Alien pinball.

Andrew developed a great pin, but ran his company into the ground and almost buried the game forever. Fortunately, he found buyers hiding as minor investors and was wise enough to transfer ownership. Hope the new investors can refund everyone's money shortly and that they can prepare for production over the next few months. I am strongly interested in one when they are readily available.

Watched both Alien and Aliens again today. Both were engaging but Paxton in Aliens complains more than all the marines I've ever seen on screen - combined. Think I read he was hired late and missed the one week marine boot camp. Fortunately, he has most of the best dialog and much of it is in the game.

#15251 6 years ago

back on topic. An update on my refund process ....

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So what's the good news everybody's going to like? Still awaiting news from Heighway Pinball on the return of my 2nd payment to reduce my commitment on Aliens to $1,500.

05/29 - requested a refund from Heighway via email of $6,425 balance paid. No response received.

05/29 - initiated a dispute with American Express for $6,425 ($1,500 deposit was made 17 months prior).

06/05 - received introduction email from Heighway.

06/06 - requested a refund from Heighway via email of $6,425 and $1,500 downpayment. No response received.

06/16 - credit card dispute for $6,425 was resolved in my favor and that money was refunded.

06/19 - spoke to credit card rep to confirm money had posted. He thanked me for being a valued member.

06/19 - requested a refund of my $1,500 deposit from Heighway. Awaiting response. (still want the game - but not until design bugs are resolved and for game to be in stock. Planning to downgrade from an LE to a STD with shaker).

'#thinkingofpreorderingapinball-justsayno

#15275 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Any idea if Heighway responded to American Express?
And awesome that you got a big portion of your funds back. Good luck on the $1500. Again, an easy way for the "new" company to show good will is staring them in the face here...

Unsure whether HP responded or if the cc company acted unilaterally. HP has not responded to any of my emails, so all signs point to a non-assist.

#15349 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Well. When I posted that last night, I certainly didn't envision it turning into a lengthy discussion of my paycheck...
I am a professional software developer. Writing code and getting paid for doing so is how I pay my bills. Last I looked, the lights are still working, and if this message goes through, my ISP bill is also paid up. There is no need for any of y'all to worry about my financial status.
Unless the new investment/management team at Heighway Pinball decides to terminate my contract (and I have no reason to believe that's imminent), I intend to do everything I can to make Alien's software the best it can be.

Ferret - the old company was called Heighway Pinball LLC (HP) - same as the reorganized one - right? I am asking because if you were contracted under HP and the new company had changed names, then you wouldn't still be under contract as you've stated. Of course neither would the new Owners be expected to automatically inherit the Alien(s) license to make pinball machines without additional steps. Pretty sure it is accurate to say the new company is still called Heighway Pinball LLC, and since you are intimately involved, can you confirm this is your understanding too?

On the question of whether you are compensated, a company will typically not issue the latest software or software updates if it owes the software developer for work. Primarily this is in regards to a hostile situation between parties. I am glad you are continuing to work on the software and are making significant progress. Hoping you are/will be compensated and that software updates flow. Some of us would have heartburn enjoying a game knowing that the creditors (vendors who did the work) got stiffed (see J-POP saga).

#15352 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - that depends entirely on how the company's assets and liabilities are transferred or not between entities - nothing to do with names.
There is nothing to suggest yet the company has changed legal entities at all. In fact, we have the financial filings that show they are the SAME company - as they promoted the new investors as officers of the company and removed Andrew. If they changed again after that... they would have transferred all the assets to the new business.
successors take the position of the former generally unless there are terms written to exclude transfers, etc.

I see now in the heighway rebirth thread - the new owner's advocate refers to the company as Heighway Pinball Ltd. This would indeed be different than any similar reading companies that are LLC's. Likely the new owners will have acquired (absorbed) Heighway Pinball LLC anyways. That would include transferring of existing licenses, subcontracts and purchase orders for example. Makes sense Ferret would still be under contract then.

#15386 6 years ago

Investor deposits should have cleared the bank, any deposits returned yet? Awaiting announcement of the team and their roles. I want to know who's in charge of engineering to ask whether each design issue has been resolved. If new team Project Manager claims there are none, it suggests they still don't have a handle on their product. If they come clean and offer plans to attack the issues, they will earn some credibility.

#15389 6 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I believe they said they would only provide updates on Facebook and their website.

Website looks the same as it has for past three months. Owners group also promised they would be calling customers and start reaching out by now. Anybody received a call from Heighway-New yet?

So they have promised to call customers directly and provide info via Facebook and website and three weeks after the announcement there is nothing. Silence isn't always a good policy unless you are trying to disappear, in which case it is recommended.

#15404 6 years ago

Received an email from Morgan @ Heighway Pinball today stating they are working to return my outstanding refund request. Their records confirmed return of my second payment and acknowledged my $1,500 deposit. This news was promising as it: 1) was initiated by HP 2) was addressed to me 3) accurately reflected my account status 4) acknowledged my refund request 5) indicated intent is to honor refunds and soon 6) indicates HP has a grasp on their financials and 7) indicates concrete steps are taking place. Are we starting to see results from their new plan? Will be following developments closely, but I feel better about HP today because of their improved communication.

#15417 6 years ago

Looks like an active industrial zone, even if google maps isn't "live".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15425 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I can't get a response from the new investors/owners as usual but Melissa was kind enough to call me when I asked for clarification. It makes sense what she was saying in how they have indeed been told games could be shipping within the month and needed to collect money for payments in advance. They were obviously in on some early orders as well. All of this is fine with me as long as I am contacted too in the near future for shipping of mine as I was "suckered" into paying back 6 months ago in full and was one of their first 10 orders received when this was originally sold. I hope it works for all in the end but really hope they don't start pulling BS of screwing people with money in longer to get fresh money in along the way but I don't think that is what this situation is from what I understand.

... meanwhile back at Heighway Pinball World Headquarters, workers are frantically searching files for someone named bemmet who may or may not be wearing a Packers helmet. Boss says send him to the top! GLWYP (pin)

#15443 6 years ago
Quoted from kurgan999:

great news mr Ddt !
this game is gonna be groundbreaker when totally completed/finished !
cheers

... and is shipping in big numbers. Enough so to make it seem like it's rainy Alien(s) everywhere!

#15447 6 years ago

Will we ever learn what happened to the money? A push to bring in funds at HP occurred between Oct-Dec 2016, after mission complete signals were indicated by Andrew. Compared against reports of unpaid employees, vendors and suppliers, I wonder if the money was used to payoff legitimate bills and debt, or whether it was jacked by Andrew for hydrofoil related expenses. I know this will be considered private business, but a response will shape my opinion of Andrew. I'd like to know if Andrew's intent was to do what it took to help the project succeed or if it was to run away and abandon the project, taking his golden parachute. Does anybody know anything? If you are speculating or interpretting the tea leaves that's fine, just include a disclaimer to your response.

#15452 6 years ago

Some examples

IMG_1514 (resized).JPGIMG_1514 (resized).JPG

IMG_1515 (resized).JPGIMG_1515 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#15740 6 years ago

brian-allen the prints look superb. Any chance of printing these on a translite format so they can be backlit?

#15866 6 years ago

Watched Alien stream on YouTube and was excited to see it shooting so well, while looking and sounding so fantastic. Even without v.99, the code shines and is getting further polish.

Of newest releases, Aliens still interests me the most. Overtaking the field of new two flipper contestants - Houdini, Star Wars, Dialed-In and TnA. While these games are appealing and look fun, if you are considering bringing one home, it should have what you want. Hours of immersion in Alien(s) is what I look forward to.

#15886 6 years ago

Rulesheet looks good. Would be nice to add a shot map or a link to one, making it easier to follow along with the script.

#15923 6 years ago

Does LE still have the great looking backglass? If you get the SE, can you buy a translite of same design?

#15964 6 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Yes it did and everything is being taken care of as always.

Did you vacuum it out yet?

#16064 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

There's a price in the UK for an Alien kit, try not to laugh too much. They won't be selling any here.

Don't get your point. Kits are £2.5k ($3k USD) less than a full machine, and that seems fair. A populated / wired playfield offered at 65% of cost. Exact figure affected by shipping cost, which may be $0 if purchased at same time as full size game ships.

While maybe his is higher than desired, imagine if you were space confined and you buy a full size Alien and 2 future kits over next five years. You can store two kits under the cabinet and swap a game out in 10 minutes. Because you bought 2 kits, you've saved $£5k ($6USD) and avoided pissing off the wife.

It is a good system, but only if Heighway Pinball continues to build and introduce new titles. Otherwise, it is an unrecognized advantage / benefit.

#16163 6 years ago

Since greenhornet is great fellow for pin-teching a tournament, I'll play. He is hinting that the design flaw can be validated by something than is measured and verifiable by the audits.

Are the # of left - center - right drains tragically out of balance? Are the # scoop ejects fatally flawed? There are three ramps - but I can't see a good way to measure the # of times they've been hit, unless some opto's are found to be habitually nonworking. The audits reveal # of Xeno hits or misses compared to some number of switch hits, am I getting warm? There is no good way to measure amount of use or accuracy of each of 4 flippers I can think of. Maybe everyone likes to restart the game after a sh@tty ball 1, so # of balls and # of games played could help. The game is obviously dark near the upper right flipper and it is hard to easily find the flipper. That can be easily fixed so I wouldn't consider that earth shattering research. Maybe one of the switches doesn't compute score correctly or some other software bug is present that is totally unacceptable to a pinball wizard ????

Don't know about this one, still scratching my head greenhornet A few people are receiving their machine this next week, so if you intend to warn people away, you better get started. Holding my breath in 3-2-1 go! BTW - if your thesis is weeks away, how about giving us the long-winded, scientific title of your work as a hint?

#16201 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

A 45' foot C-container takes 3 weeks to arrive from Southhampton England. Another 5-7 days customs approval.
A 45' can hold 45 full size pins on pallets. A 20' can hold 21, 3 rows of 7. It does depend on size of pallet.
Not sure how they would get 50 in one container.
Real question is, has a container left, and when?

That's assuming they are shipped by sea. Andrew maintained he had an inexpensive air/truck delivery to US that was the same price as ship/truck. If new owners have something similar, shipping 50 games to one location should be a piece of cake.

#16285 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That's some good news at least.
I just sent them an email asking, in part, about both the LE concessions and the possibility of a downgrade, but it doesn't sound like i should expect an answer anytime soon if Morgan is out.
Still haven't decide if i want a standard instead, but if they're going to try to force me into current pricing that's nearly as high as what the LE was when i put down my deposit almost two years ago, I'm likely going to revisit whether i want to be their customer at all.
It'd be a shame if it came to that because this is both a dream theme of mine and it looks to be an excellent game, but I don't see expecting them to honor the prices at time of deposit as being unreasonable, regardless of which machine it's for and im not going to be forced into an LE that's been stripped to the point that it doesn't truly have anything extra i want.

You'll likely be offered same deal as Cointaker can give their customers. I am imagining a wag of less than $600, but that once it is factored into your prepaid LE, will make it worth your while. Add some extras and you'll be there! Is Morgan still on holiday?

1 week later
#16515 6 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

All I know is my Alien is playing OK at the Cleveland pinball show. XENO is disabled due to the glass issue but everything else is working and code 0.98 is not bad, can't wait for 1.00.

Have you heard anything about the process for upgrading software? 1.0 has been out for almost a week, no?

1 week later
#16682 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they are trying to help temper your expectations and enthusiasm a bit. The game has been "almost" shipping for literally a year unfortunately.

Not only that, some defy the space time continuum. As reported, two weeks ago the container had shipped and was being delayed by storms. Then, one week ago the container was promised to ship no later than last Friday. Now, plans point to container shipping this week. When it does, there will likely be pics and we'll be tracking it here closely.

#16768 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, nothing new yet... once a week, I optimistically open this thread, and leave a little more depressed every time.

Lower your expectations and you'll be fine.

#16898 6 years ago

Have never been more excited about a new pin release as I am for Alien. Great to hear they are being made and shipped, albeit way too slowly. Hope to get one from Cointaker next year, after reading all the posts confirming the game plays reliably and inventory is available. No need to make a deposit now.

Thanks for the video PinballRulez . IMO the sound package is best implementation to date - ever. The sound effects are outstanding and are sprinkled in with so much variety that they practically become another character in the cast. They set an eerie mood and combine to resonate a frequency that rattles the nerves. Thanks daudioguy

#16903 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That may be true but given Heighway's present situation, it's just poor form in my opinion. It should have been suffering, loyal customers first.

Even from the docks you should now have a tracking number with GPS so you can follow the ship along its entire journey. Check in as often as you like and it will look like the attached picture. Your boat will be individually identified so you can pick it out of a seemly global mess. See "Seoul Express" in red box for example.
Have you guys gotten that tracking number and website yet?

Yes they should have been given a tracking number and ship name no later than when games leave the dock. If I recall correctly, many people used vessel finder when the honorable Captain Joseph Hazelwood piloted a shipment of TBL's aboard the Delphinus from Netherlands into NYC port.

#16923 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Having been away working up in Alaska for a few months, can anyone fill me in on the current status of Heighway without having to wade through 500 posts?
Thanks.

They have resumed operations with new management team and have manufactured a shipment of 21 standard pins that will soon be sent to cointaker and nitro. Another 21 or so pins are likely ready and will be sent to other distributors. Then they are continuing production of standards and with a little more speed. It will take some more weeks before the LE features are final and announced. Following that LE's are planned to begin to hit the line early Dec.

IMG_0453.JPGIMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPGIMG_0454.JPG

#16926 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Probably not the best photos to post on the subject. "The Monster" did not work very well.

funny, good point....

Dr. Frankenstein: Are you saying... [Stands] that I put an abnormal brain... [Puts hand on Igor's hump] into a 7 and a half foot long... 54- inch wide... [Grabs Igor by throat] GORILLA?!?!?! [Strangling Igor] IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME!?!

#16941 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I can only speak for this games LE version and why we want them yesterday. Because they are the same DAMN THING as a standard! and they wont let us downgrade to a standard at this point without being charged the new pricing for a standard (Morgans words). Everything is there besides the stupid art and number plaque....and whatever the stupid goody bag is. Why the hell are we waiting 3 more months than standards for these stupid things? We should be getting them now!

Better option for Heighway is to change how they view their end customers. LE buyers put up money to keep the doors open and allow a 95% complete game to be delivered. So rather than playing hardball, why not

***** abandon the LE model completely and stick to making standards with a 27 inch monitor and black trim as the only model? *****

It is understood that new buyers will be buying a standard Alien at new prices, but prepaid LE buyers should keep preorder std pricing, in light of your wise decision to abandon the LE model and take away their first choice. Oh, and these buyers should receive a prompt refund for the difference without having to request one or to chase you down. With ONE product you can focus on cranking out pinball machines - no more than half to new orders and balance to prepaid LE buyers, until they are taken care of. And promise all prepaid LE buyers that you'll contact and mail them a mirrored LE backglass mounted in a light box to hang on their walll for free. Just for their loyalty. It's difficult to hate a company that does that. and it is easy spending others money

All prepaid LE's that dropped out should be offered an option to buy that same mirrored LE backglass, mounted in a light box with delivery for $1k. All standard buyers should be offered an option to buy a translite of the same design, mounted in a light box for $500, if shipped with game. .....oh snap? ...it's back to reality time.

#16952 6 years ago

Status Update *****

If you read up about 100 posts you will see pics of pnball machines being boxed and loaded onto a truck, heading for port. That was three days ago. Then you will read one from Melissa from CT confirming the games are on the water. That was yesterday. She later mentions that she will be at a show (white rose) through this weekend and will be incommunicado. She added that upon her return on Mon, she plans to provide shipping details to her customers.

So chillax, in two days time you'll have your answer. ****** <return to normal programming>

#17037 6 years ago

Kill the LE. Keep it simple - offer one model with big screen, side blades and beacons. Get out of the custom building model - it is for established companies. No options also means less inventory and confusion.

#17058 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have had no issues contacting morgan
every time i have emailed them i got a response.
good luck, keep trying.

The old gag regarding JPOO was his customers could not get him to call back for post sales support or maintenance issues. People posing as new customers however would get a prompt return call. It was uncanny how that played out.

Primarily using email to resolve issues is often ineffective. Heighway should be picking up the phone and reaching out to its customers with issues and actively following up until resolved. Granted, this reflects the minimum acceptable effort, it is a long way from best practice. At this point, a little common sense and extra attention to detail would be a welcomed sight for sore eyes.

1 week later
#17230 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For anyone that does not want to waste time reading the past three months of green hornets novel...
Spolier alert...
He thinks the upper right flipper needs a better feed.

From looking at @greenhornet's markup, I thought a specific thing he was suggesting was relocating the upper right flipper three inches right so as to catch balls from the right orbit. It looked like the only way to shoot past the new urf is to hold it in up position and shoot ball into the shooter lane.

#17249 6 years ago

From looking at greenhornet's markup, I thought a specific thing he was suggesting was relocating the upper right flipper three inches right so as to catch balls from the right orbit. It looked like the only way to shoot past the new urf is to hold it in up position and shoot ball into the shooter lane.

In addition to moving ur flipper to the outlane wall, there is a new point of entry to the ul flipper. As pointed out by @greenhornet, these are new shots. While these changes are really design choices, on the surface both seem to be improvements, and together make up a big one. I would like to see both of these changes designed or at least addressed by HP. Offsetting this optimism, is concern that changes make the balance of design not work. For instance, it seems you could no longer be able to hit CB target B and would need to relocate it. Secondly, opening a loop to ur flipper, access may be blocked by the ramp. If you need to adjust that ramp to fit in better, I feel it would impact all the ramps and require a complete redesign. Nobody wants that, but if feasible to implement the suggested adjustments, it would improve playability, enhance strategy and be more better.

#17411 6 years ago

Enjoying the critique from greenhornet and believe the real objections raised against his posting are from people believing that these posts do not belong in this thread - official Alien thread. I do not feel the objections are trying to stifle criticisms, only that many people believe this material belongs in a new thread - design issues with Alien. In this way everyone's opinion can be heard and Alien groupies can huddle in a safe place.

Now where are those unboxing pics?

#17441 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

It's Friiiiiiidaaaay!

Any reported sightings of aliens on the streets of PA?

#17454 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just confirmed with Melissa at Cointaker that my game was on that ship!
BTW in my brief conversation with her she mentioned some people had been giving her a hard time about shipping. Saying they had been promised free shipping from Highway? If that came from Andrew you can forget it. If it came from the new owners you better work it out with them. That's not Cointakers problem and they obviously can't ship pins for free.
BTW she quoted me a great shipping price (but I'm not too far from them).

Must be some LE owners that ordered from Andrew. Order from CT include shipping to your door.

IMG_1781 (resized).PNGIMG_1781 (resized).PNG

#17460 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Almost go time. 20 min away but had to stop for a call. Sprint network is terrible. Should be there within next hour.

Can you take a pic of the 25 or 24 or 23 games sitting in CT warehouse? I need a rise today and that would do it.

#17465 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a taste...
They're here!!

No coin mechs? Can you confirm what coin doors they have? Weird! Is that something CT adds maybe?

#17612 6 years ago

Black trim looks great on the Alien SE's. While, I like the custom black with green powder coating job shown elsewhere, I'd very happy keeping it black. Most scoring I've seen has been a few million points. The score of .875B above seems impossible to most.

#17615 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's an odd way of saying 875 million.

gotcha .. I should have said a score of (20 x human) = 1 superbad mf.

#17738 6 years ago

The lack of effective communication and minimum support for a new $8k product is disturbing. So much so, that it has become a full blown issue for Heighway Pinball's potential customers.

Anyone considering plunking down new money to get an Alien, ought to first weigh the vacuumous lack of communication and any sort of problem resolution from HP, in case they end up with one like delt31 's. It needs a lot of TLC.

With that said, is Ferret under direction to start revising code and is he on track to be paid for past, current and future effort? As witnessed by anyone following the RZ game, code development requires a lot of iterative troubleshooting and resolution. Looks like Alien codes is almost there and that it could require another 25% effort. HP should recognize this and pay to get their game to the finish line. HP needs to start supporting their products or risk alienating (pun) future customers.

As a comparison, TBL seems to be about 50% coded and no longer has a software designer or coder. Even if I wanted to buy a TBL, I wouldn't for that reason alone. DP has numerous obstacles to overcome and to make it's EA's whole. I won't consider buying a new money TBL by xyztec until DP pays their bills and develops game code further.

#17842 6 years ago

Indypin what version of software is installed and is it the latest?

#17957 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The individuals who worked on this project (ferret and the rest) are really stepping up, where as the HP company themselves are just shooting themselves in the foot with lack of communication....
Great job ferret

The number of people needing immediate support has grown following delivery of first batch of Aliens to N America and second batch to EU. Where's the support hotline HeighwayPinball HP !! you need to provide a few methods of contact for live technical support!! Come on man, quit hiding in the shadows .... COMMUNICATE !!

#17964 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Besides delt31 who needed "immediate support" from the latest batch? Even delt could still play the game. Mine (so far) is working as it should.

Off hand I remember seeing pics of others experiencing unlit side panels, unlit string of insert lights, freezing mini LCD screens. Who could these people have contacted at Heighway Pinball for live technical support?? HP is off radar, working in their secret lair. Fortunately, those with issues here, found common learning and have fixed their issues. What about buyers not on Pinside that must have had similar issues.? They don't have anywhere to turn to learn to check their fuses against recommended ratings.... because HP hasn't published schematics or an Operator Manual yet. AND because there is no live technical support from Heighway Pinball. If they have a small issue - they are SOL.

HP is a joke, and that is laughably sad. I'd bet a class of fourth graders could run HP smoother than the current cast (of characters). The first week of being told go - the kids would have communication to customers established - via phone, eMail, web, twitter, Facebook etc. multiple ways to access tech support, support queue, hotline etc and with a published list of times available. Week two - they'd have permits, building licenses, legal documents, incorporation docs in place. Probable have a team - vetted and in place for handling procurement, engineering, HR, tech support, customer support. Oh well, we have HP

#17968 6 years ago

^^^ Cool. Very good news!!! Enjoy your time in space. Where no one can hear you scream!!

#18011 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your blades light up?

Yes they are supposed to, unfortunately yours don't and you didn't even list that problem yet. This is A LOT of quality issues coming out of 25 pinball machines made. delt31 Search for a connector you may have overlooked to plug in and power the insides. Does paper peel off the back side of blades to allow light to shine through?

Maybe week three those fourth graders could focus on 1) ensuring final quality control of each game prior to boxing 2) creating an operator or owner's manual and 3) reminding HP to answer emails and toll free phone numbers and skype calls. That way people awaiting refunds and those needing spare parts or those with technical issues etc, can call and nag HP every day until they follow through and provide basic minimum customer service. Kudos to CT and Nitro for stepping in to fill this void and to get HP's participation. Maybe this will become the defacto means for resolving issues. It works.

#18014 6 years ago

Is the lighting already in the cabinet and not used if you don't order side blades? Or does lighting come as part of the side blade package? I thought lit side blade were promised on all models, by Andrew late in the game. Beautiful pic with sides lit looks like it adds all the missing ambient lighting needed to brighten the overly dark playfield. That was also my understanding of why Andrew wanted it to be on all models. It was initially an option but once the switch in direction, it became lit panels for all. New money orders sold at CT and Nitro did not have the option listed.

#18017 6 years ago

Not even an option at CT, which is why I think they are supposed to be lit for all models. The pic even looks like lit style interior blades. Probably cheaper for Andrew to manufacture one blade style, than to make two versions. Maybe this is the beginning of ... Bladegate.

IMG_0518 (resized).PNGIMG_0518 (resized).PNG

#18021 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What this thread is missing is a real hard case telling some hard truths about Heighway in a caustic manner to provoke people.

Didn't the new Heighway Pinball company present itself as a professional group of seasoned veterans of manufacturing, business acumen, forensic accounting etc touting a history of success. Well they did, so I am sure they can weather the tough talk just fine. So far I give them a C for effort and some successes to date. Which is why I think those 4th grade kids could make an immediate impact at HP.

#18025 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

In emails to Morgan, I said would downgrade to a standard if that would help... perhaps even be an investor if the company is still salvageable. But, at a minimum, I need a reply. Being ignored is not a good strategy for them.

Absolutely unacceptable! What the hell is wrong with HP? A customer paid in full for two machines and can't get a reply? I am sorry to say this but HP is not a real company.

#18028 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Dude, what is your problem?

You are complaining much more than the guy that actually Bought it!!!??

Uh, you realize that 8 to 10 people have posted pics and video in this thread and others, and many have had an issue or two? I didn't want any Pinsiders to keep their head in the sand, thinking only one guy had received a particularly bad pin. This is the official Heighway Pinball thread, and so far they suck.

#18136 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Finally got mine up and running other than the xeno. It's a fun game when it works.
This is what you can accomplish when multiball never shuts off. I finally got tired of playing and shut it off. I've had it happen several times now. Wondering if this is a stuck switch or possibly a code problem. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Before you shut the game off, can you go through steps to download data and send file to programmer? He mentions steps earlier in thread.

#18156 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

...Heighway has an incredible game here, they just need to get the factory cranking out games.

..... after adding a step to their manufacturing process to perform a final quality check on all pins prior to boxing.

#18192 6 years ago

Time for Heighway Pinball to announce what their LE is, this shouldn't take three months to sort out. And since they are shipping prepaid SE's along with new money SE's, there is no legitimate reason for being stalled building and shipping LE's along with SE's.

The game is amazing and the quality issues dogging Alien seem limited to a handful of minor issues across the spectrum. Ongoing reliability of Xeno head and preventing system reboots are real concerns that have to be resolved, and HP might be on the cusp of overcoming.

Once Heighway Pinball issues the balance of refunds and steps up their support of customers experiencing outstanding issues, HP will be off to the races. I know the HP team is trying hard and they should be proud of what they've accomplished. Once these nagging issues can be addressed head on, Alien Pinball will gain market share and could become a legit threat to other pinball machines.

I get the sense that Aliens captures so much goodness - between layout, art, code, sounds, music, video, lighting, info screens and cabinet design - that it might make playing every other pin (other than a JJP) feel dated. The reason I can't put my finger on what makes Alien a great pin, it is because of all the factors mentioned above and not a single thing. Aliens might be on the production line for many years.

#18194 6 years ago

I think the xeno issue occur during gameplay if tongue does not fully retract. I saw one video where the tongue was extended at the beginning of multiball. It stayed out through multiball, although magnet was working to hold a ball. Sometimes two or three balls might collect at the tongue magnet. Upon draining, tongue stayed in extended position. I know the tongue was described as being on a rocker switch but maybe a software check is needed at beginning of all mb's to fix. If tongue can't be confirmed in the withdrawn position, move it there before starting mb seems like a simple software adjustment.

#18245 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I agree. Don't give up. Heighway must know they have something here. The game is incredible. It's a shame, the rest of the pinball community doesn't know what their missing too.

The reason the pinball community doesn't know what is going on is entirely Heighway Pinball's doing. Morgan's blanket response that they are working hard to build games and to return refunds in 60 days does not sit well with me, nor inspire confidence. They'd be better off explaining what the specific issues are preventing games from being built and shipped. And if they don't start communicating more and with better info to their existing and potential customers .... it's going to be game over, man!

#18249 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There are totally people here supporting you, and all who want it, to get their refunds. The no communication is bullshit and so far EVERY machine out of the box has had problems from simple to complex. They should be updating people every week. They should be getting parts for people waiting. I really wanted this machine...but not like this!

Tough knowing that after four years and a management takeover following Andrew's absconding with the funds - that Alien pinball is 100% designed, in production and whenever it arrives, apparently FANTASTIC! Accurate communications from HP has been practically non-existent and the culmination of old lies plus new lies has left everyone in disbelief. HP appears to be in serious trouble.

However, if you only have a deposit on the game and it is not being returned anyways, might as well ride it out. If they do build and ship your game, it will be very much worth it to pay the balance and accept your game. So far every problem has been minor with exception of a few parts and a monitor that failed. There are three issues which might cause one pause, if deciding to route the game - Xeno tongue stuck in extended position during game play, phantom game resets and lack of a user manual with schematics. All of those could be quickly to overcome with the proper attention by HP. If you are fully prepaid, accepting the game after being told it has arrived is an easy choice. If your game is broken and you are awaiting parts - HP needs to get you those parts ASAP and follow up to see if you have any questions and ensure you are 100% satisfied!!

#18254 6 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

I missed that part entirely....when was Andrew Heighway accused of embezzling money?

Andrew’s embezzling of funds is not an established fact - rather it is speculation that is based on logic of the events that unfolded. The only ways you would know for certain that an employee takes funds are 1) a lawsuit is filed and litigated or 2) public acknowledgement by HP - neither of which is likely to occur. Instead we only need to examine what we already know.

Events - In Nov / Dec of 2016 Andrew made a big push to collect balance of funds owed on Alien, which easily amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This might have been an average of $7.5k owed for upwards of 200 games. Without knowledge of specific amount, assume it is a lot of money. In Dec of 2016, Heighway Pinball filed legal documentation showing they only had a few thousand dollars cash balance. Many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors have since admitted they have not been paid. In late 2016, Andrew purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business. After taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Nov and Dec, HP still owed its vendors and subcontractors, did not build/ship any pinball machines and had no money. Andrew completely abandons the company and shortly thereafter the new investor group steps up. They have purchased all liabilities and assets and Andrew owns nothing more to do with HP. When CEO of a small company jumps ship, having recently collected hundreds of thousands of dollars, having no significant bank balance and still owing hundreds of thousands in liabilities, indicates to me he was fleeing quickly, and was not even bothering to lock the door behind him. Who does that and what other possible explanation is there?

Do I think Andrew mentions any of this info to his trusted private investors, that have suddenly became owners of HP - Hell No! Andrew likely changed them $1 for the company and the liabilities. The new owners knew about the lack of money to build the 200 games, but probably DID NOT know Andrew had recently siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars. Nor did they probably know the vendors and suppliers WERE STILL owed hundreds of thousands. If you were the new owners - would you admit to being screwed by the departing CEO, or would you suck it up and keep going? I think they chose the latter and the lack of cashflow, much of which was likely unknown and underestimated may do them in.

#18263 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Andrew didnt embezzle shit...ran out of money, broke promises getting the game to the finish line, pure and simple.He wanted Alien worse than any of us. I AM a successful businessman, and flags are raised all the time in this hobby. Nothing fiscally solvent about any of it.....ahh....done....dark for awhile...

I'd agree with most of what you wrote except for the hundreds of thousands of dollars that were taken in in Nov and Dec of 2016, that did not show up in the cash balance of HP's annual filing nor was used to pay vendors and suppliers. The money and Andrew vanished, and that is the unexplained portion of the story causing me empuzzlement

If the new Owners purchased HP for $1 and were fully aware they were starting in that deep of a hole, I don't have a lot of respect for their business acumen. Probably safe to estimate the size of the hole as - hundreds of thousands owed to vendors and subcontractors plus $1.5M for 200 games @$7.5k owed to prepaid folks. I'd round the total up to $2M. So new Owners announced they were planning to selling 200 new games @$10k, and implied they would build 400 games with the money to make everyone whole. It is easy to do the math and see they would need to build each game for under $5k, but that is if there are no new unaccounted for expenses. So far what is unaccounted for is the large amount of work left to do (above the planned effort to build the games) needed to SUPPORT the game during its two year run.

#18266 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Your eagerness to fill things in with nothing to support it.
You have NO idea how many people they contacted, or even managed to convince, to send in their balance.
You have NO idea how much money was coming in or out of the business - a simple filing does not paint a full picture
Individual Contractors like developers not getting compensation yet does not equate to 'many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors ... have not been paid'
Andrew did not 'abandon the company'
The mentions filings about Andrew's other companies is a complete leap
Your representation of the new management change is completely wrong
Your misrepresentation of the known facts is egregious and not helpful to the community. It's probably borderline libel/defamation.

Your arguments are based entirely on opinion, mine is partly opinion but is based on known facts. I stand by everything I wrote and have qualified this. We will NEVER KNOW the complete truth, but those facts we know from public record and Pinside, tell me everything I need to know to draw the conclusions I did. Once you have some facts and learn some truths, come back here and report it. I won't hold my breath.

By the way, the purpose of a cash flow statement is to show how much money is coming and going from a business. While it doesn't show the actual bank account #, the sources and uses of all funds need to be noted. So incoming cash should have been shown as an infusion and IF it was used to pay bills, an offsetting reduction in liabilities should have been noted. Both of these aspects are absent and we know Andrew collected lots of money. Hell he got $7k from me.

Time to quit shooting at the messenger and focus on Heighway Pinball. Are they building and shipping Alien pinball machines? Are they providing support to their customers? Are they issuing refunds? Are they effectively communicating?

#18270 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Your last few posts have been nothing but mountains of pure speculation. You're not helping anyone... Just stop already.

Speculation or fact or something in between? Your saying my comments are not helping anyone makes some big assumptions. With probably half the readers on Pinside lurking and not actively engaged, what basis other than your opinion do you have for this attack? How is your suggestion about what I or anyone should write add any value? Weak sauce.

#18276 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can you prove any of these assertions? Wondering what facts and data you have that the rest of us don't.

If you'll go to post#18254, you'll see the facts laid out under events. In case you want the simple answer, I am posting an excerpt and I will separate fact from opinion. ->

Fact - In Nov / Dec of 2016 Andrew made a big push to collect balance of funds owed on Alien (I personally sent $7k and many others mentioned having done the same.),

Opinion - which easily amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This might have been an average of $7.5k owed for upwards of 200 games. Without knowledge of specific amount, assume it is a lot of money.

Fact - In Dec of 2016, Heighway Pinball filed legal documentation showing they only had a few thousand dollars cash balance.

Fact - Many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors have since admitted they have not been paid.

Fact - In late 2016, Andrew purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business.

Opinion - After taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Nov and Dec,

Fact - as of Dec, HP still owed its vendors and subcontractors, did not build/ship any pinball machines and had no money.

Everything else is likely opinion so I am taking facts and trying to connect the dots. Regardless of whether Andrew embezzled money or told new HP how much he was in the hole, either way new HP is on the hook for producing the game. Based on all accounts I've seen, his bookkeeping looks suspect. I hope for new HP's sake he was upfront with them. Anyways that is a matter to be resolved between Andrew and Heighway Pinball.

Sorry if my interpretation differs from your own. As stated multiple times - we will never know the truth without litigation or a confession from HP (even if we all lived to be 100, this would be unknown) - so we are left to SPECULATE . The facts above are separated to assist people in forming their opinion of the facts. If anyone is so butt hurt that they can't handle hearing something that conflicts with their own constructs, then maybe they shouldn't be on Pinside.

Edit - all items posted as fact are based on multiple direct accounts on Pinside and publically available financial documents on internet.

#18282 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Friend of mine had to spend $30k defending a slander lawsuit because he used the word "pirate" on a message board to describe the person who was bootlegging his products to sell on ebay.

I thought a few people already argued (about 50 posts ago) that 1) Heighway Pinball doesn't read Pinside and 2) posts made on Pinside don't have much effect on a company's outcome.

As a special note to flynnibus - When you claim my facts #3-#5 are incorrect, you are incorrect. Myself and others have seen an application for a hydrofoil license submitted by Andrew. If you go back in this thread and others, all points have been made before and I have verified each by either finding multiple sources or reviewing what is public record on the internet. Sorry, you can say fake news all you like ... but an apple is an apple.

Final points - it is my CONCLUSION based on the facts, that Andrew embezzled the funds. Since I am not prosecuting him, I won't need to submit my reams of evidence, but I have done some legwork and am entitled to my opinions and conclusion. Andrew might have been a good apple, right until the end, but the pressure was likely mounting and where's the f*ck1NG money Lebowski? Separate from this view about HP, my opinion of Alien pinball is that it may be one of the greatest pins ever made. I hope HP doesn't mess it up by failing to communicate with their customers.

btw - I gave my conclusion and then have been asked to explain.... and of course it belongs in this thread.

#18284 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again... not understanding what you are working with.
Forming a second business - doesn't mean anything.

sure, I formed a couple of hydrofoil businesses last week, just for the fun of it and for the pleasure of filing fees I am sensing your point is that not enough evidence exists to make a conviction or to prove the truthfulness of my conclusion - and that is true. However this isn't a court of law, it is den of public opinion. If no more info comes out (and I don't think more will be forthcoming), then it would be impossible to ever prove. But if it went to trial, a lot would come out in discovery. And whether you can prove it, has no bearing on whether it HAPPENED. We are forced to draw our own conclusions, and in my case, I've seen enough.

At the end of the day, this isn't even a central issue. New HP has swallowed the old HP and is now responsible for making, delivering and supporting Alien pinball machines. Until another batch of 25 games shows up in three weeks, we have nothing else to discuss. .... except for the status of refunds and ideas for fixing broken Alien and Full Throttle pinball machines.

#18294 6 years ago

^^^ the irony is Andrew and Team did A+ work and the game is phenomenal. It is a modern day 'Miracle'! If HP continues building and shipping pins, things will right themselves. Big delays in shipping and stagnation without communication won't bode well.

Of course the best news would be for a principal from HP to come on Pinside and announce that their pockets are bottomless and that they will be doing whatever it takes - reassurance we don't need to worry. The 200 prepaid people certainly deserved this long ago. That would be my definition of what a leader could do to demonstrate they've heard rumblings and are committed to doing whatever it takes. Now that might be an unrealistic expection, but if true, a public statement to that end might calm 99% of the jitters going round.

#18369 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can confirm that it's really him.

Yep, Forceflow ought to know. It is Andrew.

2 weeks later
#18553 6 years ago

In regards to Andrew's circumstances in leaving Heighway Pinball, new information has come to light, SMALL portions of my stated facts have been corrected and I reverified the BIG balance of my facts about Heighway Pinball. As a result, I NO LONGER BELIEVE Andrew absconded with any money or misled the new buyers of HP's financial situation. Rather, all signals point to expenses growing exponentially fast and outstripping incoming funding.

Some may hold grudges about Andrew's lying, unfilled promises or about his not revealing serious liquidity issues earlier. That is water under the bridge now that we have new Heighway Pinball and there appear to be about 50 games built and released to date. People have reported numerous minor and fatal issues. Heighway Pinball's responses have ranged from success to mixed results to some Owners and issues being ignored to some fixes maybe being designed.

My personal experience is being reported here for the FIRST time, and has never been stated anywhere before. All incidences mentioned have occurred on my machine and continue to occur. Having received an Alien SE from CT's batches of games 1.5 weeks ago, I will summarize my major issues, that are still unresolved. Everything you read next is factual and recreatible. Small concerns have since been adjudicated or omitted for the sake of brevity.

*** HEIGHWAY PINBALL NEEDS TO SUPPORT ALL EXISTING ALIEN AND FULL THROTTLE PINBALL MACHINE OWNERS UNTIL THEIR GAMES ARE WORKING 100%, BEFORE IT TAKES IN ANOTHER DOLLAR PERIOD!!

*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the game to work 100%. Failures on proprietary boards, where it is nearly impossible to get a replacement during the WARRANTY PERIOD, should be considered a real and likely possibility. If parts were consistently being provided to satisfy failures, this wouldn't be as big an issue. Schematics are not available either, meaning a broken game will remain a broken game. Other parts that are likely to fail include: Xeno head, right up post, amplifier, optos and inductive switches. All of these occurred on my machine, including the two board failures.

*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the main toy - Xeno head - to work flawlessly. All of these have occurred on my machine. Current Xeno design allows multiple types of malfunctions. 1) tongue unable to extend past lower jaw and pick up the ball. 2) tongue stuck extended to playfield during multiball 3) ball stuck on tongue and unable to be pulled into mouth, causing motor to run forever and ball to not drop in hole and ball to become lost. 4) ball stuck on tongue inside mouth with jaw half open will result in lost ball. Awaiting a fix to be designed.

*** If you are a NEW MONEY ALIEN PINBALL MACHINE BUYER or one required to outlay additional money .... DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine feeling you are lucky and expecting to run the gauntlet without encountering problems. Why pay $8k to $10k for a toy that - you can't count on it to work 100% and can't get it fixed?

*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to route this game. Top glass needs to be removed and set aside to fix every issue. imo Alien Pinball could be operated on route, only if operator works from same location.

*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to complete the game or to start All OUT WAR (final wizard mode) because there are current issues that can prevent it from ever happening. 1) if any of the APC optos are faulty and won't register you won't be able to lock balls or to start hypersleep multiball. 2) if inductive switch for chestbursters doesn't work, you won't be able to complete life cycle or to start Find Newt multiball. 3) can't start all out war if you encounter issue #1 or #2. This could be overcome with software adjustments, not currently planned.

Only you can decide whether to spend good money to get an Alien machine now, given the documented machine issues and spotty communication from Heighway Pinball. If you have balance of money with CT or Nitro with an option to get it back - you decide whether to request a refund or to let it ride. If you paid Heighway Pinball in full and can't get a refund and are told to pay for additional domestic shipping only, that would be an easy decision to pay the money. Stay tuned. If the situation improves, the follow up story will be forthcoming.

IMG_1845 (resized).JPGIMG_1845 (resized).JPG

#18554 6 years ago

With all the problems now quoted for prosperity, Alien Pinball is still a blast to play. It is fun, unique, well themed, intense, challenging etc, it just feels to be the same 95% complete it was when Andrew left. These problems likely existed then too, maybe unrecognized, but they definitely weren't resolved prior to restarting production. So what if all the features don't work?

If HP is serious about building a rock-solid, coin-operated game that can be routed, they will address these issues head on until they can be chased down and choked out. Owners can help them with fixes by providing debug reports and videos and emails, to assist HP in implementing permanent fixes to all past and present games.

I have been communicating with Ferret on software via email, Melissa at CT as distributor via phone and email and Helmut at HP Customer Service via email to address my issues and fix the game for the better. I had a few skype meetings planned with Helmut this week that fell through. Hoping to connect next week though and to include others from HP during the same demo. I'd like them to watch the game and acknowledge the issues, to fix the ones they can right away and to agree to solve others in a timely fashion.

In regards to Andrew's circumstances in leaving Heighway Pinball, new information has come to light, SMALL portions of my stated facts have been corrected and I reverified the BIG balance of my facts about Heighway Pinball. As a result, I NO LONGER BELIEVE Andrew absconded with any money or misled the new buyers of HP's financial situation. Rather, all signals point to expenses growing exponentially fast and outstripping incoming funding. Some may hold grudges about Andrew's lying, unfilled promises or about his not revealing serious liquidity issues earlier. That is water under the bridge now that we have new Heighway Pinball and there appear to be about 50 games built and released to date. People have reported numerous minor and fatal issues. Heighway Pinball's responses have ranged from success to mixed results to some Owners and issues being ignored to some fixes maybe being designed.
Having received an Alien SE from CT's batches of games 1.5 weeks ago, I will summarize my major issues, that are still unresolved. Everything you read next is factual and recreatible. Small concerns have since been adjusted or were omitted for the sake of brevity.
*** HEIGHWAY PINBALL NEEDS TO SUPPORT ALL EXISTING ALIEN AND FULL THROTTLE PINBALL MACHINE OWNERS UNTIL THEIR GAMES ARE WORKING 100%, BEFORE IT TAKES IN ANOTHER DOLLAR PERIOD!!
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the game to work 100%. Failures on proprietary boards, where it is nearly impossible to get a replacement during the WARRANTY PERIOD, should be considered a real and likely possibility. If parts were consistently being provided to satisfy failures, this wouldn't be as big an issue. Schematics are not available either, meaning a broken game will remain a broken game. Other parts that are likely to fail include: Xeno head, right up post, amplifier and inductive switch. All of these occurred on my machine.*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the main toy - Xeno head - to work flawlessly. Current Xeno design allows multiple types of malfunctions. 1) tongue unable to extend past lower jaw and pick up the ball. 2) tongue stuck extended to playfield during multiball 3) ball stuck on tongue and unable to be pulled into mouth, causing motor to run forever and ball to not drop in hole and ball to become lost. 4) ball stuck on tongue inside mouth with jaw half open will result in lost ball. Awaiting a fix to be designed.
*** If you are a NEW MONEY ALIEN PINBALL MACHINE BUYER or one required to outlay additional money .... DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine feeling you are lucky and expecting to run the gauntlet without encountering problems. Why pay $8k to $10k for a toy that - you can't count on to work and can't get fixed?
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to route this game. Top glass needs to be removed and set aside to fix every issue. imo Alien Pinball could be operated on route, only if operator works from same location.
*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect to complete the game or to start All OUT WAR (final wizard mode) because there are current issues that can prevent it from ever happening. 1) if any of the APC optos are faulty and won't register you won't be able to lock balls or to start hypersleep multiball. 2) if inductive switch for chestbursters doesn't work, you won't be able to complete life cycle or to start Find Newt multiball. 3) can't start all out war if you encounter issue #1 or #2. This could be overcome with software adjustments, not currently planned.
Only you can decide whether to spend good money to get an Alien machine now, given the documented machine issues and spotty communication from Heighway Pinball. If you have balance of money with CT or Nitro with an option to get it back - you decide whether to request a refund or to let it ride. If you paid Heighway Pinball in full and can't get a refund and are told to pay for additional domestic shipping only, that would be an easy decision to pay the money. Stay tuned. If the situation improves, the follow up story will be forthcoming.

#18556 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Your stated facts have been corrected... and you've reverified the balance of your facts..
Facts...

You don't have a machine do you? A lot the explanation above is hard to follow if you don't have access to a machine to be able to see it close up from the top side and bottom and to understand what you have. If you have a problem with anything I've said just pm me, don't drag it here. thanks

edit Chalkey - I was asked not to repost same old info in this thread - over and over. My two posts are entirely new info and detail about what anybody could expect to see today if they buy an Alien - worst case to date, hopefully.

#18574 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone confirm how to get the chest burster shot to register in game? I thought you need to hit egg than face hugger then chest burster shot is lit and then you hit that target and it registers? I ask bc when the chest burster shot is lit and I manually push on the target it registers by increasing the mb ammo amount but DOES NOT award me chest burster award.

Sounds like your inductive switch isn't working. Don't worry about reporting it here because all you'll get is a bunch of bs from the fanbois. To fix, you'll need the middle pcb board sent to swap out as the switch is soldered to this board. The board is about 30 inches by 18 inches and sits on bottom of playfield, right in the center, so it requires taking off connectors to lots of other components to gain access. HP is standing by with replacement boards. Don't worry, the problem doesn't exist, it is a fragment of your imagination and is therefore not a fact.

Good luck getting your board fixed, my friend. Mine is out too. Incidentally- you won't be able to start all out war either, That is until you replace the board and can complete chest buster.

btw - current programming for completing chestburster lane is in adjustment #26, where 1) easy setting is inductive switch only and 2) hard is inductive switch AND standup target. So WHEN YOUR INDUCTIVE SWITCH DOESN'T WORK, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EARN CHESTBUSTER and to complete life cycle or Find Newt multiball. I have suggested changing software slightly to accommodate for this issue. Besides, nobody here wants to read about it.

#18577 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting. Wonder why they just don't keep it as the target only that's what I would select. Either way how/where do I look for that?

Go to switch edges in menu. Take ball and roll it in front of standup target. If it registers the ammo count a or b on screen will recognize and increase. If it doesn't, you got a problem. Touch your standup target and watch it work, only the inductive switch is out. Roll ball down each inane and see how an inductive switch should work.

At least your apc targets work consistently during gameplay, right? Any drop target that is up should have a blinking insert. Likewise, any drop target that is down should be solid lit. No exceptions. Light apc and that lights lock insert under middle ramp and resets target bank. If one target is blinking while down, bank won't reset, nor will it light lock nor will it raise the up posts above top rollovers.

Ps - Somebody tell delt31 to take me off ignore and read my answers above. We pm'd each other earlier today and it didn't end well.

#18583 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Also, if the switch does not work, try pressing it in a little. There are lights on the inductive switch that indicate if they work. They can get dislodged in transport.

You can't easily reach the switch because it is on the board facing and attached to the playfield. You can reach through top of board and try to push them down without having to disassemble anything (I think there are two). Mine felt snugly in place. And yes can try blowing air on them too. Would be great if that works.

#18698 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Who cares? This is the official tread, which isn't mutually exclusive to the owners thread. Am I missing something?

Owners thread don't require you to own the game to read or to participate. However general etiquette is don't criticize the game in the owners thread, because they don't want to hear it. This is the official thread where most everything goes. In this instance, we have a HP Issues thread, so that would be the best place to accumulate such knowledge about fixes and repairs.

#18718 6 years ago

Great honest update HWP you bared your soul and filled in many missing pieces of the puzzle. We learned a lot today and better understand you - when and from where you started, recognition more work is required, acknowledgement of working to improve finish quality on games and recognition that pre-paid people are owed active communication and a game.

You continue by outlining progress of LE, gave a rough timeline when you expect to deliver the LEs, described how remaining refunds and new games will be issued as cash flow allows and promised enough funds should be there to complete all prepaid games and to supply as many new money orders as wanted. Existing Alien machines will need to be upgraded and this will occur alongside other components that require cash.

Thanks for letting us know, we will be following closely. This should help calm some nerves because it answers so many concerns and it indicates effort is being made on many fronts. The overall message I get from reading this is that HWP is committed to delivering as many Aliens as people want and that they are working to make an already great game, greater and they seem determined to satisfy all their customers. That is a great plan imo and I feel HWP is going to work things out. Being patient is hard, but as long as progress is being made and future updates are expected, we'll try to sit tight.

#18750 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Exactly. Slow and steady wins the race.
I’d rather them employ prudent QC, work out all the kinks, instead of rush machines out to placate the impatient ones and potentially have a huge recall on their hands (for god knows what issue) in their haste. I’d rather wait and have a LE that works great when I receive it, than one that I need to send back or ask for replacement parts.

That sounds like the approach being described. Get enough parts in and tested to build the second batch, build and qc the hell out of them and only ship then. True, the factory is not humming on all cyclinders but the second batch should go smoother and quicker than the first. Final QC checklist is long but should guarantee improvement with each build cycle.

Providing status updates is going to be their Achilles heel, and this was not directly promised. But with five weeks left in the year and 13 weeks in the first quarter, that is an 18 week period. Once a month updates would mean four more updates - and that feels about right.

#18757 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im quite upset with this toaster discovery...
I want an Alien barstool....dammit

Raising expectations ... I want a free pet Xeno.

#18771 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

...At this point, I have given up, and asked for a refund. No answer. Silence. I honestly don’t think they have the money or intent to build and ship my Full Throttle, let alone fully pre-paid Alien LE’s (like me).
If something doesn’t happen soon, then I will initiate litigation. ...

Does that mean you are ready to stand up and be counted by posting info in the refund thread? It won't speed up your refund but it will record your new status. I think Heighway Pinball has been clear that refunds will be phased in as cashflow allows. Maybe the size of your desired refund will put you close to the top of the list. Maybe they are issuing in the order of request, there isn't any clear basis. GLWTR

1 week later
#18890 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Okay Alien owners! I got your homework ready for you. Today’s assignment is for all your Alien freaks to get on your pins and record the best gameplay footage you can! Let’s see who can put up the highest score on the forum!
Only counts if you record the whole game, glass on, standard settings!
Let’s see those pins boys!

I'm out. My shooter lane wireform busted and I can't launch a ball through the reduced clearance. I can still handfeed balls with the glass off, so will sit this challenge out.

I had a 2.4B point game last night when game was stuck in infinite mode and I eventually quit. An infinite game occurs when overlapping rules and timer setting coincide and you literally cannot stop the game. Drain balls and it keeps launching more. Makes you feel like a stud while playing, but it shouldn't count. No I didn't get footage.

I still don't see how people are able to trigger the Chestburster lane switch (lane beside the right ramp) from the lower left flipper. I make it 1 out of 100 tries and usually by fluke. Have about 30% - 40% success from upper left flipper though, and that is good enough. Only need to hit that shot 1 time per game to complete lifecycle or 3 times per game to start Save Newt multiball.

#18892 6 years ago

How did the wire form issue happen? I’ve never heard of a wire form breaking on a newer game.

From ball banging around a little in the cage - it broke tack weld on the lowest and next to lowest circles. As a result the top rail hangs down lower and eliminates enough free space to prevent a ball through. I think there was a bit of misalignment with the shooter coil plus one of the screws in the shooter lane holding the wireform tab in place was too high. Both are adjusted now, but I'll need a new wireform.

Loose_Wireform2 (resized).jpgLoose_Wireform2 (resized).jpg

#18896 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Top rail? Rig up some dental floss and get that thing back in action til you get your new wireform.

Great minds.... I plan to use 20lb threaded tess line from fishing department.

20lb_threadedtress (resized).jpg20lb_threadedtress (resized).jpg

#18943 6 years ago

I was thinking of flying to the Netherlands and bringing one back in my pants.... lol

All the ladies at the airport say... is that an alien in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

#18974 6 years ago

I'm going to Disney World!

Disney2 (resized).jpgDisney2 (resized).jpg

#19019 6 years ago

Sound coming from holding left flipper up will be resolved with a new firmware update. It is not signaling an issue and there is nothing to do for it now.

#19057 6 years ago

I hope they can take care of that in code, would be great because I don’t want to burn out the motor by keeping the xeno active right now. :/ it’s the main toy and having it disabled on a production model sucks ass when the thing is work perfectly it just won’t stay up in the mouth upon completion and then causes issues!

Probably quite a few number guys on here. Test out these estimates.

Odds of seeing a UFO - 1 out of 3 million

Odds of owning an Alien - 1 out of 100 million

Odds of winning Powerball lottery- 1 out of 292 million

Odds of finding a fully working Alien pinball machine - 1 out of 1 billion ???

Sources of info ----------
UFO odds provided by failing NYPost

Alien odds are based on 76 alien pinball machines made / 7.6 B population.

Working alien pinball machine is assumed to be 10% of alien pinballs right eleased to date (some people are more aware of their machine's failures than others and have adjusted/fixed what they can).

IMG_2090 (resized).PNGIMG_2090 (resized).PNG

IMG_2091 (resized).PNGIMG_2091 (resized).PNG

IMG_2092 (resized).PNGIMG_2092 (resized).PNG

#19088 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I was problem free until tonight....

How did you get the right up post to work? My left up post works fine, but I thought yours had the same issue that all games to N America have.

Jackpot is inner loop and super jackpot (after many jackpots) is airlock. Finally got a SJP in Ambush last night.

#19092 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no mine I believe works fine - it posts and allows me to hit the eggs during those modes.
When you say inner loop you're talking about a shot from the upper right flipper but not to hypersleep but a little above that so it wraps back around the xeno right?

Correct on inner loop. Inserts including 3, will be colored red before you hit the loop. The inserts start flashing red afterwards, so you'll know you made the jackpot.

You have 2 up posts at the top of the game - left and right. The left up post is triggered when qualified and you shoot the right orbit. The right up post is triggered when qualified and you shoot the left orbit. To qualify you knock down apc targets once. So qualify them and shoot a strong shot up the left outlane. If the right up post pops up for 4 sec and stops the ball above the rollovers yours works. For most of us this does not work yet and will be fixed in a future software release.

Quoted from Astropin:

?.. with my Alien it has been running 100%...for quite a while now. Sure there are still some rare software glitches...just need the latest update.

Maybe delt31 or Astropin can post a video of their game working 100% and with the right up post stopping balls as intended. Until then they don't count as fully working. It is a pretty major thing to be needed for accurate game play. I believe that all game stats will need to be reset because of: this issue, occasional infinite game, following addition of wizard mode, following confirmation chest burster switch is working correctly, following confirmation ramp enter switch on hypersleep ramp is working correctly, following confirmation 5 standup weapon targets register AND that Xeno head is working as intended. Combined these affect many stats and there is an option to reset all game stats.

Many people are still awaiting spare parts promised by HP. Helmut approved sending my parts 4 weeks ago now and I can't get a status. The software update will be released when 1) programmer releases it to HP and 2) HP says it can be distributed. So an update could have already fixed the right up post issue by now. Hopefully the programmer can be paid his machine before he chooses to cut updated code loose. Then HP will need to agree to let it go. Neither of these are expected to be a problem, but you never know.

Hoping balance of Design Team get their games soon too, so they can complete their effort. Only things I want for Xmas this year are email from HP with a tracking number and my Alien parts.

#19094 6 years ago

So, I just had a pretty awesome game, but something I noticed that maybe could be addressed in the code, is that when you have multiple weapons (I had all 5) and you go into a multiball, there is no way to see what weapon you are on and when you change weapons, let’s say because you wanna find the 2x scoring, it doesnt display anywhere on the 3 screens and it doesn’t say anything verbally about which weapon is being selected. I feel like a good way to use the upper of monitor during multiball would be to show the weapons and what it does just like it normal does on the lower of screen when outside of multiball, that way we can see the scanner and see which guns we have or perhaps just the active gun. Additionally, it would be good to possibly have a verbal que as well when switching weapons. Press the extra ball button and hear “ Ithaca shotgun equipped” or something like that. I missed a ton of points because I had to guess which one I was on and I used my free ball save instead

More than likely your 100% working game isn't. Check all five of your weapon standup targets. A gentle push to each will give a sound and score a point on the ab part of scoreboard. If one doesn't it needs to be shifted right or left. Two of these targets can be problematic for coming out of alignment pretty easily. Left of the airlock and left of the right ramp.

When all targets work and you light all five you are awarded a weapon. When you win a mode you are awarded a weapon. The button on cabinet below your start button will light if you have at least one weapon and they will be lighted on scoreboard if qualified.since you probably have at least one weapon target to adjust, you never see that part of the game. Once fixed weapons are a nice feature. Good luck.

#19096 6 years ago

What? I have no problem getting weapons, or seeing which ones I have outside of multiball, it’s right there on the screen.... However, when in ambush multiball you cannot see the weapon that is active because you only see your scanner, and when you change weapons you can’t see what your changing too inside ambush multiball and there is no verbal que either at that time..

That makes sense and that is how it is coded for multi ball. No idea if that is planned to be changed or it is as intended, but you are correct in describing how it works. I'd prefer to see weapons stay lit and current weapon identified too, so you can see it during mb.

#19099 6 years ago

I don’t see why with 3 screens you can’t use one to show active weapon during multiball, it seems to me that it would be a great use of the upper left playfield screen when in ambush that way you can see your scanner and which weapon you have active. I just did it again, just now to test. 3 weapons, started multiball and no matter how many times i pressed extra ball (which was flashing) it didn’t give a verbal or visual que as to what I selected or what was active

Agreed. I just played ambush again and the lower left screen could be used to display scoreboard and resolve your request instead of showing door display.

#19120 6 years ago

Write in candidate for best post of the year 2017. Actually all of your posts plus those from daudioguy have been top notch. As mentioned, the game is already fantastic and I can see how each one of tweaks will add some more shine.

#19240 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thumbs up this post if you believe all Alien pinball games should ship at least semi-working.

Thumbs up this post if you doubt aliens exist.

#19267 6 years ago

The missing artwork should be a selectable default screen saver for LE when game is turned on. Another one matching the missing artwork on standard model would be the other one supplied. Allow user to put thumb drive into USB port to add their favorite Alien pics. I'd use the standard translite artwork.

^^^ This would give me a rise.

2 weeks later
#19398 6 years ago

Curious if a green or blue LE can be easily powder coated later on as many mention they plan to do in the future. In particular, there is a colored strip on both sides of the head that would need to be changed too. That requires the side head pieces to be made of metal and to be able to be removed from the head. The black color is so neutral that the head sides wouldn't need to be done if you selected black trim and then to powdercoat with a dark color. So what about the head sides - are they decorative metal on top an already firm side panel and are they removable?

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPG

#19411 6 years ago

Maybe they wanted to ensure everybody is set up the same or knows how to adjust the cables because they are planning to drop the code upgrade soon. ::kissing my four leaf clover:

#19491 6 years ago

File took 4 sec to download. Code update and reboot took 8 sec. Can't wait to test it out. Going straight to test the right up post fix first.

#19508 6 years ago

Game plays much smoother and the changes made are noticeable improvements. 1.1 code update is a major win for HP. Ferret for Supreme Leader of Pinside!

1 week later
#19675 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

We are also happy.

If we lock the ball, a video/image is shown for lock and then nothing happens and the machine is doing a full ball search.

We will check the inlanes first. The other swtiches give not 6k. so maybe the inlanes ?!

To resolve your hypersleep issue, look to the hypersleep lock mechanism. Try pushing it up and then let go and it should snap back in place. If it sticks or hesitates for a few seconds or more, you have confirmed your issue. Remove and reposition coil, ensuring it is aligned and moves smoothly. Try adding washers under nearby screws, if any are causing tension. Otherwise you can go in test menu for coils and test hypersleep lock. It should pop up and fall down if properly aligned. Give it a go and report back.

#19679 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Isn't there a password we need to include in the email subject line to have it read and receive a response? Does anyone know what the most recent word for Jan 2018 is, or is it still the same as December?

If they told ya they'd have to kill ya. But if you do find it, please pm

#19705 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Well, thanks for the info. Guess it looks like us pre-Cointaker folks are still dangling in the wind.

Predator_1 (resized).jpgPredator_1 (resized).jpg

#19780 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure there's no reason, but it looked stupid and like it didn't belong on the game. It was like a bullet point for Andrew to be able to crow about, not something that actually fit and enhanced the game. I wouldn't waste the mod time on it.

Agreed. Not much benefit plus it makes the game look worse cause it doesn't fit.

#19848 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but I disagree. Heighway uses their own proprietary boards while Lebowski uses PROC. That's a significant difference between the two...

However should HP provide schematics, a connector chart and specs on many of their parts - that would go a long way towards leveling the field and might eliminate the disadvantages to using custom boards, allowing repairs. That might leave a few key board chips as the weak point in Heighway's proprietary architecture.

1 week later
#19911 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

How many machines are that for?

That is some funny stuff (probably just one). tdiddy what was postmark on your box? i.e. how many days was it in transit to you?

#20013 6 years ago

Got my machine working for 100 games, before it went down again - as I await promised parts. During that time I had two games where I reached infinite game status - once during acid burn and the other during sentry gun. Both played themselves out and the ball ended as intended, so I think the settings do resolve/prevent this condition. Ferret - what are recommended timer settings and did they adjust with latest code update?

I still had two games where Xeno tongue got stuck out with playfield magnet turned on and twice the display went partial dark and game locked up. Didn't have a chance to create a report for any of these because of problems with the ball trough that might have somehow contributed.

Two issues I need help adjusting - 1) ball gets stuck at base of right ramp because of a playfield gap along front edge. Can something be added to fill the gap or is a ramp flap needed? 2) small airlock screen has a thin white sliver showing at top. Is it possible to shift image up about two hairs?

#20037 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's ferret 's game. Game he's been owed for a long long time
His game was shipped directly - not via CT.
The beacon effects really are cool in a room where Alien is the showpiece

Oh boy, Ferret has his game now! Let the good times roll. Is he the one playing in pic? Can just make out an eyebrow and partial forehead, but I'll bet he has a big smile on his face.

3 weeks later
#20313 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

In my opinion they should keep the kits...but the last I heard they were basically going to scrap the whole "kit" concept. Don't think anything was ever completely decided but it sure sounded like it was going to get scrapped.

Must allow ship to become grounded in the shallows, while HP Management debates the merits of kits versus standard cabinet for game #3. Come On Heighway! get the line moving! for the love of everything that's holy. GO!

#20343 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

I've problem too.
From time to time and recently much more often the Xeno is not able to move in the ball during Multiball. A restart didn't help either, because after a strange noise the ball and the mechanism stays outside. Only calibrating in the Xeno-Menue helps (w/o removing the glass).
Today I've got the information it might be a software problem. Do anybody else have a similar situation?

Yes same issue here and it started with this code release. btw - right Up Post works great in this version and you can get the ball rolling around the playfield nicely.

1 week later
#20387 5 years ago

I'd ask if you could send money to CT, with them forwarding funds to HP upon delivery and inspection of game by them. Then you'd be covered. Maybe they'll need to pay CT a handling fee behind the scenes but then everyone is protected. Give Melissa @ CT a call and see if she is receptive to idea. Good Luck. My oh my, only green ones, too bad black was out.

1 week later
#20479 5 years ago

Expected to see link to buy tickets for hydrofoil experience of a lifetime - round trip. Boat is in dry dock and will be ready in .... two weeks. Pay Now, Ride Later (much).

#20528 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

It landed and dropped of 25 games for coin taker. I don't think in all honesty that the LE ship has left England yet.

And that batch had at least two hosed games with the same old issues that have been reported and had yet to be adjusted correctly. So hope is pinned on the next batch of LE's that they be trouble free and will multiply. When they ship, CoinTaker will have a tracking number, but they are still being made/tested.

#20588 5 years ago

Xeno topper looks nice, was that part of an LE? Pic showing the topper and nameplate is sweet. Congrats and looking forward to reading your feedback on the game.

#20650 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Even MORE interesting is that CT told me that "if I stuck it out, (as opposed to requesting a refund) that I would get delivery on my Aliens within 2 weeks"
That was July of 2017. They have GOT to cut this shit out. Stop making promises that simply aren't in your control. It strains my credulity and frankly turns me off to both HW and CT.

You should have been more clear. If you didn't have the game delivered or a tracking number showing progress, refund your money on that day. Time for you to cut and run. Request your money back. If there comes a time when TBL games are in CT's warehouse and they are available, you are guaranteed to be able to buy one, by tuning in here. Getting your money back takes a lot of pressure off.

#20651 5 years ago

HP must have a sweetheart deal for manufacturing space. When manufacturing starts, stops, barely starts etc, months and years drag on until the recurring costs suck every drop of air from the room, as the company becomes insolvent. On Pinside alone, we've seen many companies fail from up close. They mostly have the same qualities (high rent, too much space, ongoing salaries, expensive machinery, taxes and overhead). These destroy cash flow like a flesh eating bacteria if allowed to run on, and HP is not immune. Cash provided by HP owners covers some of these costs, yet it doesn't cover all. There's also money required for (inventory, work in process, shipping container deposits, insurance, unpaid bills, refund requests, high demand for replacement parts, increased shipping and currency fluctuations). There can't be enough to cover that because we haven't seen evidence of hundreds of games that would have shipped out, nor are they on the factory floor, nor are they steaming across the Atlantic.

If HP is having trouble raising cash to order parts they cannot dream of buying in bulk, that alone may add 50% to prices HP is being charged. Recent emails requesting LE guys pay up seems to be suspicious timing. Whatever the reason, if HP can't ship 25 Aliens a week at this point in time (and they haven't shown they can consistently make 5 a week) they are way under capitalized. So much so, it seems a certainty they'll close the doors before getting all promised games out. The writing is on the wall and I don't expect HP will be solvent on July 2019. Can someone make a death clock for me? The silver lining is that during the decline, HP will continue to build and ship games. More people will be getting them and that better include a lot of LE buyers who paid the first time.

#20655 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

“The writing is on the wall and I don't expect HP will be solvent on July 2019“
Will they still be operating in July 2018? Shiiiiiiit

HaHaHa!

#20723 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

According to LinkedIn this month.

You might have uncovered the scoop of the month. Mind posting a screenshot for us?

#20773 5 years ago

Owners of the AlienLE's arriving in Europe, were you early buyers direct with HP? Were you already paid up or did you send in balance due payment to HP recently? Seems like these are prepaid folks getting their machines, right??

#20852 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Number 1 - this is a great idea. Gonna have to steal it.
Number 2 - "another"?? How many times have you used this? lol

My guess ... about 10 times so far.

#20871 5 years ago

Better yet, just call HP and order the parts direct. I'm sure Morgan can take payment and box should arrive at your doorstep in about two weeks. just celebrating my post # 5,000. Probably had five good ones in the batch, for a .001 batting average.

#20875 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

was about to comment about how a 3d printed gear might not hold up long term.. and then i saw the glued axis instead of D shape.. well, it'll hold up longer than that for sure.

As long as the final plastic isn't brittle it will likely be stronger than original.

#20970 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-se-for-sale-or-trade-for-iron-maiden-le
$12000 anyone?
Yikes, for a game that won't be repairable anytime soon.....

World's first disposable game. Play until it breaks and then put it out on the curb.

MI1.gifMI1.gif

#21033 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, in some respects its good to finally stick a fork in this shitshow. It's the last of the old pre pays to go down.
Everybody can just move on now and close this ugly chapter in the book of pinball failure.
It sucks that good people got hurt and a lot of us lost $$$.
Have a drink or three and just "bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint" Coughlin's law.

One less pinball manufacturer - yes. Last of prepay companies - no, I still see DP and deeproot holding onto payments.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
306 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jeffspinballpalace. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.