zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6095 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Actually, it was exactly the opposite of who contacted who at who's place of employment.
You might want to get your facts straight before posting.

I'd hate to stir up some shit, but let me stir up some shit!

Word around here is it was the opposite of the opposite - that aurich was whining to Chris' boss, who then laughed uncontrollably.

I heard that a few weeks ago. But I ain't one to gossip so you didn't hear that from me.

Time to subpoena some emails!

3 months later
#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

PRIORITY ONE:
INSURE RETURN OF ORGANISM
FOR ANALYSIS.
ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SECONDARY.
CREW EXPENDABLE.

I don't know what it says onscreen in the movie but it should be "ensure."

But you know what they say...you ooze, you loose.

1 year later
#20907 5 years ago

Who could possibly say they didn't expect this at this point?

#20934 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds like once CT ended the relationship the lack of US channel was too much. Damn sorry to hear. Like others mentioned if I'm a pin company I'm buying this up right now and building as it's amazing

This would be insane for any functioning pinball company to attempt.

I know you love alien but let it die.

#20951 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious why? What I mean is someone like stern buys the rights to produce it and does it right. The feedback from majority that play a working version love it so I would think you get backing from a well proven manufacturer and stern obtains a proven machine with amazing appeal

Because they would have to redesign the game mechanically and electronically -not to mention coding - and possibly deal with the legal fallout and possible licensing issues in the aftermath the Heighway disaster. And hey, now they have to set up a new line for widebodies?

Or...they can just keep turning out hits like Iron Maiden without worrying about any of that bullshit.

Again...what’s the incentive to get involved In the Heighway clusterfuck, except for that fact that some people really like Alien? “Amazing appeal” or not It simply makes zero sense for any of the other companies to do this.

#20956 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

BTW it's ALIEN DAY tomorrow!
We've started ordering our yearly cakes!

Lmao I forgot about that one. Heading out to the hallmark store now.

#20963 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the question is what would it take to do it, what are those costs and when all is said and done and is there enough upside to do it . . .
1) replace electronics, not like any existing company would want to use a different control system then then use and have to maintain it, make the boards, etc. so what does it take to re-engineer and port it over to that companies platform.
2) Code -- this also likely needs to be ported to a different system, what is the time/cost of doing that? Can the original developers do it, or would that require getting them up to speed on the new platform vs re-doing it with one of your own developers. How much re-work to assets is needed, etc.
3) Cabinet -- hard to see anyone keeping the current cabinet design, so what is involved in re-engineering the game for a different cabinet, power supply, etc.
4) its a wide body game (and not sure if it is even standard wide body dimensions) -- so, can this playfield size go down the existing assembly line.
5) Are new vendors going to be needed for the game specific parts, meaning if current vendors are owed money are they going to be willing to be involved. Tooling costs?
6) Are the current unique mechs reliable, or do they also need to be re-engineered, etc.
7) you need to renew the license with fox, and given the issues with this, they may certainly want more money this time and a larger guarantee. They may also decide they just don't want to do it.
What do you do with those who paid for machines and never got them, you have no real requirement to make things right but does that leave a cloud handing over this.
So you have all of those costs, all of these downsides, so how much are you now willing to spend to acquire the 'assets'? What are they really worth given how much needs to be done? Probably not enough for this to make this make sense. Not saying it is impossible, but, there are some pretty big hurdles to overcome and very little upside vs doing your own title.

But the game has amazing appeal!!

#20992 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Levi - if there is one thing you do well it's being a dick. Somewhere in that bald head of yours is some good info but man you make it hard to talk to you. I'm just saying the game is amazing but as others laid out it doesn't make sense. In not a developer or manufacturer so I wasn't aware of the complete effort to get this going regardless of it's stern or not.

I said the exact same thing as Rosh did but in fewer words, and I certainly didn't insult you like you just did me. I have no idea why you are being pissy.

It's not my fault the Alien project was a complete failure in every way.

#20994 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's exactly my point. You have some good feedback but you have to be a dick at the end and always looking to piss people off. I appreciated Rosh's explanation bc there was no judgment. You should take a cue from him and get some class. Simple as that. I don't care if you don't just throwing it out there. I'm leaving it at that.

You just called me a bald dick for absolutely no good reason.

Thanks for the lessons in class. I'm leaving it at that.

#20999 5 years ago

I had bigger fish to fry, like trying to figure out once and for all if me or Alien Guy has more class!

#21003 5 years ago

If the company no longer exists does that still count?

#21010 5 years ago

I'm pulling an NDA from now on when I don't feel like explaining anything.

#21029 5 years ago

LOL I can hear the harmonica now. Good soundtrack for HP debacle.

#21123 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I honestly never watched this movie. Can somebody tell me who won?

It wasn’t the audience I can tell you that much.

#21167 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I knew they should have put her in charge.

Boutiques mostly fail and take people's money.

Mostly.

#21196 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ultimately there are only *so many* billionaire pinball-loving sugar daddies to go around. HP drew the short straw so they die while DP lives (they allegedly have new money)

Speaking which, I know I trashed the whole "it's a no-brainer for another company to produce Alien" idea, but how about the Deeproot gang?

Seems right up their alley!

Interesting about DP. I have a friend - an eternal optimist - who had this to say.

"Yeah I'm out a used Buick on Alien, but I'm hearing good things about DP! What can I say I'm a gambler."

#21690 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I recall being ridiculed last year when I reported issues with Alien after playing it at the Allentown show.
Ball launcher was lousy, loud, clanky and had trouble launching balls.
Xeno head, the main gimmick of the game, was 100% broken and non functional.
The ramps and other metal parts were of dubious quality and shitty cosmetic appearance for an $8000 game.
I was simply reporting on my experience with the game and the Alien fan boys didn't want to hear about it. Many chuckles were had at my thoughts of the game quality.
But I'm not the type to say, I told you so, to those fan boys.

I had the same feeling when I attempted to play it in buffalo last summer (every game it broke). The thing is a piece of Shit. Didn’t see any reason to make a case about it, if you couldn’t tell it was a piece of Shit on your own it wasn’t my job to convince you.

There are STILL people here who don’t think it’s a piece of shit. And it’s still not my job to convince them otherwise.

#21714 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not even worth a response.

"so here's another redundant response where I restate the same stuff and lob personal insults. Also Iron Maiden sucks in case you haven't heard"

Look, I played it, I think it's a piece of shit. A bunch of other people (in this very thread!) played it and agree. THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED AND BUILT IT say it was poorly and cheaply engineered, and in industry terms, a piece of shit. All of the dirt coming out the last week or so confirms this. The game is a lemon.

I don't see why you take this so personally. We are all entitled to our opinions. I disagree with you but I don't go after you personally. And, I don't get my feelings hurt when you continue to pointlessly whine about Iron Maiden's music.

Lay off Judas Priest though. That will really piss me off!

#21716 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I don't understand why there is such hyperbole when it comes to opinions about a game. If you don't like the game or don't enjoy playing it, why not say you just don't care for it or tell why you don't like the game. Saying the game is "a piece of shit" is really a terrible cut to the talented people that put hundreds of hours and years of their life making it. Express better!

No, it's not, it's a statement of opinion from personal experience, and a warning for anybody thinking of shelling out $10K or whatever insane prices people are going to want for this thing.

It's certainly not an insult to anybody, except blind fanboys. The people who built this thing are almost UNIFIED in agreement with me, so how is it an insult? They did their best work but were screwed by inept management and purposeful industrial sabotage in the form of blatant corner-cutting and disregard for quality that came from the top. Haven't you read the recent interviews?

The designers are as much victims as the people who bought the game or had their money stolen, and I appreciate their candor and honesty (despite their ridiculous NDAs) in the last couple of weeks as they let us all in on the true story.

#21718 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why are you (and others who seem to have little or no ties to this title) still here? Your opinion (as well as the others with no skin in this title) has been logged; you (and those same others--not trying to single you out) seem to have nothing else to add beyond the same snarky one-liners.

The post you quoted is at least 10 lines.

And it's a fair question, and I appreciate you not singling me out (unlike certain people).. But as long as certain people continue to go out of their way to personally insult me, I'll probably occaisionally chime in with a response. You would too.

Besides, I don't get the whole "why are you posting messages on a message board" thing. That's the whole point and the reason Pinside exists.

So I guess it's more of an existential question?

Quoted from Astropin:

That's fine... you can have your opinion. Just curious, did you play a pre-production game or a production game? Big difference.

I have no idea. Which one is at Pockateers in Buffalo?

#21722 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Keep running your mouth and I'll be right there telling you the same thing. .

So what happened to your "Let's agree to disagree" line? I was pretty cool with that! I don't want to fight with you man! You are slimy and have an extra set of jaws!!!

And yes I confess I think my opinion is the right one. But...I mean...don't we all?

#21744 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I isolated your posts and its a revealing read of warnings to get the fuck out of this game. Well predicted.
Another kind soul warned me as well last year at Pinfest and it took me a while to heed the warning.

Does it even make a difference?

When was the last time anybody got an actual refund from Heighway? a year? 2 years?

Quoted from MrBally:

Sometimes posts get completely deleted. Like they never happened.
BTDT, got the T-shirt & coffee mug.

Our favorite Pinside sump pump owner has had what seems like hundreds of posts expunged from the record. No idea why.

3 months later
#22853 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

sorry man...sometimes you dip into one of these long ass threads and can't help but read the first page...

I'm sure I've written plenty of stuff that would make me an idiot but I usually avoid doing it on the front page of a thread that's going to be around for years.

3 months later
#23586 5 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Do they have any plan for more videos or game modes for this pin ? I hate that it got so so little videos from the movie.

Yep, there’s a huge team of people tackling the code right now.

They got ‘em working in shifts!

11 months later
#25734 4 years ago

What the Hell, I'm in too!

Aliens for everybody!!!!

#25738 4 years ago

Clearly, Dave's not here.

I take back my belief in Alien remake!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.