IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2681.png
IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 569.
#26401 7 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Well.. just to add a bit of sunshine to the thread.. today I was finally able to get into the final mode "No Sympathy for the Devil"... what a fun mode! Too bad it is once and done... would be really cool if JJP would allow you to play that mode once you achieved it. My total score for the game wasn't super high (around 110M) but I was not pursuing points but rather getting into the final mode. I know there are a lot of complaints about code and balance and what not (and I'm one that is pissed off at them removing Scorbit / how they dealt with the Scorbit team on this matter) but this pinball (art, lightning, music) is awesome![quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on reaching NSFTD. It takes a bit of work to get to, but it is a really cool mode. 110M is much better than my two games where I played NSFTD, I was around 35M, but I ignored the score when playing those games. I maxed out the mode time and ball save time in the menu ahead of time, so I completed the mode the first time for 131,000 points. The second time the ball save expired for some reason and I wasn't able to make that final shot up to the bass before draining. Its hard with the pulsed upper flipper. After the first time I played it, I didn't think I was going to get to play again for a while. The next day I played it again after deciding to go for it. If you didn't complete it because you were overwhelmed by the mode and the flipper shenanigans, I suggest maxing out the mode timer and ball save in the menu, then after all of the work of getting to it, you can enjoy the mode without much of a time or drain pressure. This will give you four minutes to complete the mode with unlimited ball save.

#26403 7 months ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

Congrats on reaching NSFTD. It takes a bit of work to get to, but it is a really cool mode. 110M is much better than my two games where I played NSFTD, I was around 35M, but I ignored the score when playing those games. I maxed out the mode time and ball save time in the menu ahead of time, so I completed the mode the first time for 131,000 points. The second time the ball save expired for some reason and I wasn't able to make that final shot up to the bass before draining. Its hard with the pulsed upper flipper. After the first time I played it, I didn't think I was going to get to play again for a while. The next day I played it again after deciding to go for it. If you didn't complete it because you were overwhelmed by the mode and the flipper shenanigans, I suggest maxing out the mode timer and ball save in the menu, then after all of the work of getting to it, you can enjoy the mode without much of a time or drain pressure. This will give you four minutes to complete the mode with unlimited ball save.

What does the Pulsed Upper Flipper do? I have an SE, so when I reach NITL mode, it doesn't really do any shenanigans for me on that part (or the diverter part, for that matter - at least not that I can tell).

#26404 7 months ago

Trying to get 2.0 on my machine. Running beta 33. The download does not work so tried usb but that says the version is older then I have. Anything I am doing wrong?

When I start the machine it says update available. But then downloading stops almost directly, European or US servers no difference. Wifi is fine. Time hits 99:99:99 in few seconds afterwards. I am on 0.40%.

20230930_111331 (resized).jpg20230930_111331 (resized).jpg
#26405 7 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Trying to get 2.0 on my machine. Running beta 33. The download does not work so tried usb but that says the version is older then I have. Anything I am doing wrong?
When I start the machine it says update available. But then downloading stops almost directly, European or US servers no difference. Wifi is fine. Time hits 99:99:99 in few seconds afterwards. I am on 0.40%.[quoted image]

My understanding is you need to do a full iso install to go from beta to official release. Not via WiFi. You cannot just turn off beta in settings.

But that’s not bad like it may sound. Latest beta is same as 2.0 so just upgrade to that.

#26406 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

My understanding is you need to do a full iso install to go from beta to official release. Not via WiFi. You cannot just turn off beta in settings.
But that’s not bad like it may sound. Latest beta is same as 2.0 so just upgrade to that.

This is correct. To go from beta to production code you have to do a full install with USB. Don't forget to set your beta opt-in to NO in settings . Export your scores and settings to the USB stick with the install you made. Then install 2.0. when done restore your settings and scores.

Also correct is beta 35 is exactly the same as 2.0. So if you're on beta just save the trouble, Make sure the beta opt in is set to yes, get latest b35 and stay there. If there is ever an actual reason to go from beta 35 to production code then you can do it at that point. Obviously any future code work would be released in beta first so you're already set up if you're still in beta.
I would only go to 2.0 if was not in beta. There's currently no reason to flip to production from beta 35.

#26407 7 months ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

What does the Pulsed Upper Flipper do? I have an SE, so when I reach NITL mode, it doesn't really do any shenanigans for me on that part (or the diverter part, for that matter - at least not that I can tell).

On the SE, do you simply have to hit the left ramp to collect the bass/Duff? On the LE, when its time to get the bass/Duff, the left ramp diverter is down and the upper playfield flipper flips once and drops. You can't hold the flipper up like normal. Normally, I would get the ball up to the upper playfield and trap it on the flipper, drop it and once the ball rolls to the tip of the flipper, flip it over to the left VUK to return down the bass. It's hard to do because you pretty much have to keep flipping and hope the ball makes it to the VUK. Sometimes when shooting the left ramp it just goes straight to the guitar lock where it just falls off. Both times I've played the mode, the last thing I needed to do was get the bass/Duff.

#26408 7 months ago

I wanted to go to 2.0 because my sensors do not always register correct. The shootingslane and guitar lock ones. I need to calibrate every time, also auto calibration does not seem to work.

#26409 7 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I wanted to go to 2.0 because my sensors do not always register correct. The shootingslane and guitar lock ones. I need to calibrate every time, also auto calibration does not seem to work.

Well you're on b33 so you need to get to b35 and then you'll be there without the hassle of 2.0. Maybe that's all that's needed to fix your issue? They don't put complete information in the release notes I've noticed. And especially with beta.
However that being said, if you're still having issues after b35, just for grins if it were me, I would back up my settings and scores and go the full install of 2.0 just to see if a full wipe helps with the sensor gremlin.

But there would have to be a reason/issue such as your experiencing to do a full load. So I get it.

#26410 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well you're on b33 so you need to get to b35 and then you'll be there without the hassle of 2.0. Maybe that's all that's needed to fix your issue? They don't put complete information in the release notes I've noticed. And especially with beta.
However that being said, if you're still having issues after b35, just for grins if it were me, I would back up my settings and scores and go the full install of 2.0 just to see if a full wipe helps with the sensor gremlin.
But there would have to be a reason/issue such as your experiencing to do a full load. So I get it.

Doing the full install sounds like good advice. Maybe try reseating connections to those boards first to see if that helps.

#26411 7 months ago

Just had family over today for some games. GNR got played a lot! It was good to see.

#26412 7 months ago

Does the new 2.0 not show photos in attract mode anymore? Mine are all gone for some reason never cycling through

#26413 7 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Does the new 2.0 not show photos in attract mode anymore? Mine are all gone for some reason never cycling through

If you did a full install without a backup / restore, all your high scores and pictures are gone.

#26414 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

If you did a full install without a backup / restore, all your high scores and pictures are gone.

All of my high scores are still there. Even current photos don’t show up after the initial picture is shown when taken.

#26415 7 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

All of my high scores are still there. Even current photos don’t show up after the initial picture is shown when taken.

Maybe that wasn't something that was tested or revealed in the beta and you found a bug that is unique to production.
Assuming you did the Wi-Fi update from 1.25?
And went through both updates? (1.9 to 2.0 I think)

#26416 7 months ago

Updated from 1.25 to 1.9 on SE... after auto-reboot the game scrolls errors... it is not possible to access menu. Has anyone seen this?

149B317B-75E1-4D5A-96CB-9622ABF930A0 (resized).jpeg149B317B-75E1-4D5A-96CB-9622ABF930A0 (resized).jpeg
#26417 7 months ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

it is not possible to access menu.

Looks like the operating system got borked.

I'd try a Full Install with a USB stick. See if it lets you start over.

LTG : )

#26418 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe that wasn't something that was tested or revealed in the beta and you found a bug that is unique to production.
Assuming you did the Wi-Fi update from 1.25?
And went through both updates? (1.9 to 2.0 I think)

Yeah, did both updates from 1.25. After first small update, it would take pictures but not show them on screen at capture. Then I do 2nd update and it shows at capture point, but then never again

#26419 7 months ago

Here's my latest EQ with Pinwoofer GT and External Klipsch 12" Sub (way overkill but sooooo good on this pin), also the Cab andBackbox speakers were PW upgraded

This is a scooped mids EQ but not enough to totally kill the mid levels, especially with the Treble on the external amp turned up, it's a nice balance with the weird downward firing speaker placement JJP chose to implement

That is Treble all the way up not off on the PW amp
I have the external sub at 80HZ crossover and tuned to my room for gain / punch as well as line trimmed off the PW GT amp
20231001_102359 (resized).jpg20231001_102359 (resized).jpg20231001_102507 (resized).jpg20231001_102507 (resized).jpg20231001_102721 (resized).jpg20231001_102721 (resized).jpg

#26420 7 months ago

Thanks I'll try those settings.
fooflighter
Did you stay at b35?
Is your gain at 2 o'clock?

#26421 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks I'll try those settings.
Did you stay at b35?

Yes, and then I opted out of the beta and reran the software search and it showed up to date with beta 35 in the upper title current version but then 2.0 version below, so I think it's the same version .

I am not having the sensor errors I had before running the beta, all seems stable now.

20231001_103649 (resized).jpg20231001_103649 (resized).jpg

Gain about 12:30 and line trimmer at around 2
20231001_104132 (resized).jpg20231001_104132 (resized).jpg

#26422 7 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yes, and then I opted out of the beta and reran the software search and it showed up to date with beta 35 in the upper title current version but then 2.0 version below, so I think it's the same version .
I am not having the sensor errors I had before running the beta, all seems stable now.
[quoted image]

We know beta 35 and 2.0 are the same So you're good.
But just opting out of the beta won't flip you to production as you probably know... it requires a full install to go production from any beta build.
So you're still on beta 35... But looks like you can see the production 2.0 in the update section ... You just can't get to it through a Wi-Fi update.

#26423 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

We know beta 35 and 2.0 are the same So you're good.
But just opting out of the beta won't flip you to production as you probably know... it requires a full install to go production from any beta build.
So you're still on beta 35... But looks like you can see the production 2.0 in the update section ... You just can't get to it through a Wi-Fi update.

Gotcha, yeah I may just leave it then until they go beyond 2.0

#26424 7 months ago

Also, have a FFLE next to GnR with Kenwoods and a DIY PW upgrade but the GnR still sounds better due to the PW / EQ combo

#26425 7 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, have a FFLE next to GnR with Kenwoods and a DIY PW upgrade but the GnR still sounds better due to the PW / EQ combo

Title matters I guess. My RUSH has PW KO and same Polk sub and it sounds better than GNR.
Looking forward to trying these settings. Thanks!

#26426 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Title matters I guess. My RUSH has PW KO and same Polk sub and it sounds better than GNR.
Looking forward to trying these settings. Thanks!

Anytime

#26427 7 months ago

Anybody with just a sub want to post their setttngs?

#26428 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody with just a sub want to post their setttngs?

2nd that. Just working on my first update to 1.90 and the game seems very bass heavy and appears to have poor sound quality. External sub only.

#26429 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2nd that. Just working on my first update to 1.90 and the game seems very bass heavy and appears to have poor sound quality. External sub only.

While you’re here I’m putting your settings into the 2.0 because I forgot to save settings Doh.
Where is album mode scoring located default 180 you recommend 30 secs Can’t see it

#26430 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

While you’re here I’m putting your settings into the 2.0 because I forgot to save settings Doh.
Where is album mode scoring located default 180 you recommend 30 secs Can’t see it

Under song - near the bottom.

IMG_0794 (resized).jpegIMG_0794 (resized).jpeg
#26431 7 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's my latest EQ with Pinwoofer GT and External Klipsch 12" Sub (way overkill but sooooo good on this pin), also the Cab andBackbox speakers were PW upgraded
This is a scooped mids EQ but not enough to totally kill the mid levels, especially with the Treble on the external amp turned up, it's a nice balance with the weird downward firing speaker placement JJP chose to implement
That is Treble all the way up not off on the PW amp
I have the external sub at 80HZ crossover and tuned to my room for gain / punch as well as line trimmed off the PW GT amp
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome setup and advice, fooflighter !

JJP Super Kit (resized).jpgJJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
#26432 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Under song - near the bottom. [quoted image]

Thanks man.

#26433 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the default EQ settings are causing that. B35 isn't flat on default and so I flattened it after install and it sounded better... so 2.0 probably the same.

Interested to see how things resolve for you after the jump to 2.0

#26434 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had to drain ball and turn down my Polk sub It was bad lol

#26435 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had to drain ball and turn down my Polk sub It was bad lol

Or edit the EQ and select the flat setting.
It defaults to bass boost

#26436 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Or edit the EQ and select the flat setting.
It defaults to bass boost

You’re not kidding.I intend on doing a deep dive on EQ since I got all of Eskaybee’s settings reset.

#26437 7 months ago

I’m finding the best EQ settings are on 1.25 because it doesn’t come with a broken pinball machine and missing high scores after staying on it

#26438 7 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I’m finding the best EQ settings are on 1.25 because it doesn’t come with a broken pinball machine and missing high scores after staying on it

And
Don't forget
Your beloved scorbit

#26439 7 months ago
IMG_0835 (resized).jpegIMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
#26440 7 months ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

On the SE, do you simply have to hit the left ramp to collect the bass/Duff? On the LE, when its time to get the bass/Duff, the left ramp diverter is down and the upper playfield flipper flips once and drops. You can't hold the flipper up like normal. Normally, I would get the ball up to the upper playfield and trap it on the flipper, drop it and once the ball rolls to the tip of the flipper, flip it over to the left VUK to return down the bass. It's hard to do because you pretty much have to keep flipping and hope the ball makes it to the VUK. Sometimes when shooting the left ramp it just goes straight to the guitar lock where it just falls off. Both times I've played the mode, the last thing I needed to do was get the bass/Duff.

I will have to get back to you on that one, but I think that was the case.

I've only hit NITL maybe half a dozen times, and typically only land 1-2 band members from there. Based on what you described, Duff sounds like the easiest one to collect for me since there's no real shenanigans at play.

#26441 7 months ago

I’m on 2.0. Went really smooth for the most part. Sound quality is better but still relatively muddy. I’ll have to play with the equalizer some more.

#26442 7 months ago

I’ll be glad when JJP announces their new inter connectivity at Expo

#26443 7 months ago

Fuckin JJP needs to swallow their pride and beg Stern to incorporate Insider Connected into JJP titles. I know it will never happen, but Stern got this shit right. Scorbit is/was a big hot mess. An app for Insider is happening hopefully sooner than later, and Insider isn't glitchy as hell like Scorbit was. As long as I'm dreaming here, all manufacturers should unite under one "connected" platform. I don't care who, let's just get it consolidated for Gods sake.

#26444 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fuckin JJP needs to swallow their pride and beg Stern to incorporate Insider Connected into JJP titles. I know it will never happen, but Stern got this shit right. Scorbit is/was a big hot mess. An app for Insider is happening hopefully sooner than later, and Insider isn't glitchy as hell like Scorbit was. As long as I'm dreaming here, all manufacturers should unite under one "connected" platform. I don't care who, let's just get it consolidated for Gods sake.

Fuckin-A-right.

#26445 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll be glad when JJP announces their new inter connectivity at Expo

At $12,500 for an LE (JJPs premium) and $15,000 for a CE, JJP can't right this ship with a connectivity platform. I don't care how how good it is. Furthermore, Stern better watch their ass as well. People are over the FOMO and price increases. Market saturation has been reached.

#26446 7 months ago

813x5f (resized).jpg813x5f (resized).jpg

#26447 7 months ago

At $12,500 for an LE (JJPs premium) and $15,000 for a CE, JJP can't right this ship with a connectivity platform. I don't care how how good it is. Furthermore, Stern better watch their ass as well. People are over the FOMO and price increases. Market saturation has been reached.

Look out yall, I'm full of whiskey and tequila and listening to A7X live on YouTube. Last time this happened, I got ejected from the GoTG thread

#26448 7 months ago

Look out yall, I'm full of whiskey and tequila and listening to A7X live on YouTube. Last time this happened, I got ejected from the GoTG thread

You're older now. Too much work.

#26449 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You're older now. Too much work.

Nah, it's easy. I get all worked up every now and then. The concert at Bridgestone was fucking awesome btw. I got screwed on some mixed drink pricing, but we had a blast.

#26450 7 months ago

Damn dude you could start a revolution I got a torch and a pitchfork at the ready!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/529?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.