PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#890 7 years ago

I don't understand pf protectors personally. To each their own!

I do understand lighting. George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light. I ran out of whites so I had to use some purple for two spots and green for trough temporarily. These pics are glass on with PDI.

I'll be streaming this again tomorrow around 7pm EST

IMG_0535.JPGIMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0536.JPGIMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPGIMG_0537.JPG

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the Pinball Life balls the best available to buy?

Per Terry, They're out of stock for regular pinballs and shinies until early Feb.

I can do a before/after pic later/tmrw

#901 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Machine looks great. Really enjoy your streams. How's the playfield and magnet holding up? Any excessive damage/dimpling?

I don't see any excessive dimpling. I'm confused by the concerns but maybe I got lucky? I have another problem. Backbox side decals are scraped a bit on each side on batgirl. I've yet to contact Stern.

#913 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great look w the spots....anxious for my pinballife and comet order to get here so I can brighten the playfield a bit.
Was thinking the purple might actually work good for spots on this game....picked up some, along with white, just to experiment a bit...
RandomKG, what are your thoughts ( being you've got both in )?

Hey Mark I'm thinking I'll land on four opmax natural whites in my spots but will likely use purple for my trough LED strip. Purple opmaxes would be a close second of course, but white is the sure thing. I am thinking the purple LED strip won't ruin the bat symbol art at the center drain, while also balancing with the rest of the purple so prevalent on the pf. Will know soon enough when I find/order some more lights

#917 7 years ago

Some pics with spots in/out. My far right is so firmly in that I didn't want to mess with it yet so take "in" in all four pics.. Haven't got/found whites yet, will update later, including better trough light.

I'm thinking more light is needed by the turn table too. I'll figure something out.

Man look how dim pic 2 is! Why have such gorgeous artwork and hide it in the dark

IMG_0539.JPGIMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPGIMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0541.JPGIMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPGIMG_0542.JPG

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it possibly to mount a couple spots behind the ramps aimed at the turntable to light that area up?

That's what I'm thinking. Stay tuned.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Looks great. Where do you recommending ordering spotlights from and do you order a kit or build them out from parts? Thanks for the help.

I use and recommend comet opmax. If you are bothered by the protrusion of the opmax bulb being visible to the player then go for "4-SMD" lights. I order spotlight kits from Pinballlife. I get wire from amazon and RadioShack.

Manic, good idea, but I typically don't like the two spot lights right next to each other on same screw look. I only do it when abs necessary (like on RZ).
I'm gonna rely on trough light to add some to the between the slings area.

For the turntable light it's likely to be a 3 or 5 SMD strip mounted under/next to the ramp(s).

I also changed the back wall bayonets because they were too bright ironically imo. Will get a pic of that later too

#928 7 years ago

With all the great mods in the works, I wonder if anyone is planning on doing some custom side Bat armor? Love Sterns version on the SLE and would buy something similar for my Pre in a second.

I have full intention of sending my armor to pinball refinery for a custom job. If the game wasn't so expensive I'd have done it already . Plus I want to play it some (and have others come play, like tonight) before it goes "down" for mods.

#941 7 years ago

Found white lights for my spots. Friend brought some, including trough LEDs. Way better. I also did a batmobile, batcopter, and boat.

IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPGIMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPGIMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0551.JPG

#944 7 years ago

Www.twitch.tv/gapinball

Streaming now until god knows when

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like the trough light is washing out the bottom of the bat logo. Does it look like that in person?

Nope. Full symbol lit up pretty well in person

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How did you mount the toys? I presume they are the Mattel versions and not the Eaglemoss ones?

Joe's sticky stuff.

#968 7 years ago

You know I'm buying those armor upgrades whenever/if possible!

Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).

The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too.

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

Yup- that's why I no longer plan to sell my LE topper to a premium buyer. Holy dedicated node boards Batman!

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any Batman 66 owners live near Cliffy?
In my opinion, I think we are going to need some protection for the spinning device.
I already installed the Dark Knight scoop protector...it fits perfectly.

Good call on the scoop.

What do you mean about the spinning device- protect what specifically?

#1091 7 years ago

Flipper fidelity has a specific spike 2 sound replacement good for premiums and LEs of Batman. I imagine the Jensen on the SLE is fine. Anyways Installed mine yesterday and as usual it makes a dramatic difference imo. I installed on the "high" bass side for this jazzy/big band music.

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they better have some sort of shark thingy in the game, after all the code name was shark!
Cheers,
Neil.

Pretty sure that was to misdirect in regards to Jaws? (I think/hope Jaws comes eventually...)

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Waiting on some parts, and have a couple ideas......pretty sure it's gonna work....

Same here

#1131 7 years ago

Added yellow tissue paper to my four lower inlane and outlanes. Much much better.

If code changes and the nodes eventually make them go nuts (like in GOT? But I don't think that's possible here) and it looks weird eventually... easily removed. For now much better.

IMG_0653.JPGIMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0654.JPGIMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0655.JPGIMG_0655.JPG

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Is it as simple as sliding it in? I think it looks excellent. Wondering if I now have a use for my yellow photo filter materials

Yes ubetcha. It is as simple as sliding/wedging it in. Orange or blue would probably look good just for fun and to shake it up.

Also, I might just try some red inside the siren on the topper (that I don't want...). Maybe not as good or as clean as the awesome red filter idea but might get the job done.

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Everyone should check their magnet to sure its level. Mine dropped down a bit. We adjusted it about a degree clockwise. Now its nice and level with the playfield.

Ok is the monster bash pic on purpose? You've mindf%}%'d me. Kudos that doesn't usually happen, esp on pinside.

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,All,as you may know by now,my B66LE #53 was delivered last week,completely broken!! Stern is replacing the entire turntable assy.The metal shaft that is welded to a metal plate that turns the assy,was broken at the welds!I don't think you can grasp the disappointment. and anger I feel on this!! They are also taking there own sweet time sending it back!! I just called for a update and was told that are waiting for some ass reason,with apology they said they would send part tomorrow!! BEWARE !! We shouldn't be having ANY issues with this pin ,and look at all the posts about issues! And the aftermarket is starting to dump this title!!

I feel your pain. They're not perfect nor speedy but they will get it right. Probably better to use more patience and less public forum thrashing but you're entitled to it either way. I look forward to you being able to play your game and share it with others. On the bright side, the code isn't nearly done. Regarding aftermarket value- Stop me if you've heard this one before: Game gets released, devalues, code gets better, game value grows. Hang in there.

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a few question about gameplay
1,I thought I herd Gomez say the the batmobile spinner had some good ball bearings thus has better spinning than the cube on avengers but when I see bm66 gameplay the car never spins as fast as avengers mabey that is a good thing with the batmobile flying off on some games
2,I always liked the way Tdk pinball would shoot the ball back around the left orbit when you completed gadget,is that still true on bm66
Thanks

Regardless of bearing comparisons to TAV spinner, the batmobile spinner definitely seems to spin less from everything I've seen on my game and others.

Not sure what you mean about gadget on bdk. Will let another tackle that one.

#1203 7 years ago

Can someone make some decals for the ramps that are bit more subdued and simply say something like "PURRRFECT" and "MEEOOWW" or something. I like the spotted sprint idea but it's a bit much for me personally. I'd like to see the metal still but have some sort of design on it. (Like the laser cut M in Metallica, the A in Avengers entrance ramp, etc). Be good to have something more like those, subtle but still very cool.

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Mostly Catwoman, start and complete her mode. In Joker mode there's a roaming arrow to hit and it's in front of the ramps sometimes. Riddler lights them but I don't know their value to his mode, though possibly Super Jackpot.

Indeed They're likely "cat woman enough" that the decals would be legit

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just an idea for anyone getting rejected or rattley left orbit shots, try this out:
Move the left nib rubber from the outside of the left ramp to the inside. With the PF fully up, Just need to undo the ramp nuts from under the pf, then remove the small screws that hold the rubber, and move it to the inside of the ramp entrance, then re-attach (I think you might have to flip the rubber so the holes line up).
Does the same job, but opens up the left orbit a lot. I haven't noticed that The left ramp entrance is any different. A miss hit left orbit shot still occasionally rattles a bit, but never rejects.
Be great if others could try it to see if they notice the difference.

Interesting. Doesn't that take it too far though? Seems it would make the left orbit too easy? I'm intrigued.

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

!I asked if there was any interest in me bringing this title to the show here in May(PAGG) and no one wanted to even see it!Buying this pin may have been a big mistake!!!

That's funny because 80 ppl just spent $15k on it, another 240 just spent ~$10k, and unknown amount of others are spending ~$7-8k on it. It's has thousands of posts of interest on this forum and who knows what other forums. But nobody wants to see it? ?

#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

today i pimped out my bm66 a little bit. added 4 layers purple filter stripes between the penguin inserts and yellow ones at the batsigns of the backboard. now it looks like it should be.
also changed the cold white outer backboards leds to warm white. now robin's skin color is correct.
also costumized the bat phone. tommorow i will ad a black needle in the middle of the phone too. then it looks almost like the classic one from the tv show.

Good stuff. Simple stuff, quick stuff. All those details add up. Very nice. Throw some yellow under the bat symbol inlane and outlanes inserts at bottom of pf.

#1318 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great card iceman44 don't think I've seen that one yet on pinside

I also have Undone By An Umbrella. Haven't posted to that other thread yet.

#1322 7 years ago

here's the LE read me for 0.68. looks like a solid, yet not drastic update. I'm happy.

1/11 0.65 came out
1/31 0.68 came out

works for me. I got time, my game is going nowhere.

V0.68 - January 31, 2017
========================

- Added backgrounds for Mad Hatter and Egghead.
- Timers were not being paused when the minor villain select screen was
running. This has been corrected.
- Removed AUTO default setting for the villain extra ball (the default
is now 2 villains).
- Added display effect, sounds, and speech for main multiball super
jackpot.
- Reworked the multiball rule:
- All shots lit (green).
- Shot scores go up 50k a shot.
- After 15 shots (adjustable), super jackpot lit at the atomic pile
(the turntable moves to the batcave position when lit).
- Main multiball was not computing the scores for the jackpots correctly.
This has been fixed.
- Added sounds for bat phone hurry-up gordon target and ball locked
display effect.
- Top eject and trough were not waiting for multiball start to finish
before kicking balls. This has been corrected.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the villain for batphone hurry-up.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the active villain.
- Added missed effects for batphone hurry-up when the hurry-up times out.
- Gordon target increases and restarts the batphone hurry-up.
- Fixed a bug with the major villain modes where the progress for starting
the modes was not being initialized correctly.
- Fixed vertical centering on some text items.
- Added Penguin skill shot.
- Changed RGB LED colors for super skill shot.
- Changed skill shot scores.
- Changed super skill shot to award major villain mode or gadget, as
appropriate.
- Fixed a bug in the skill shot that was causing the skill shot points
to increase over time by large amounts.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the number of shots for the villains to
not increase after the villain was completed.
- Mystery awards were not being given out during multiball. This has
been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target no longer easier if shot multiplier shots are
lit from mystery.
- Light shot multiplier shots award is given out less frequently from
mystery the more it is awarded.
- The shot multiplier target lamp was not being disabled when the
multiplier shots were lit. This has been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target hits were not being reset when the multiplier
shots were lit from mystery. This has been corrected.
- Added mystery display effect, sounds, and speech.
- Added a setting to allow penguin advance from the pop bumpers, but not
after the first penguin completion. (This is the default.)
- Combo award for the penguin VUK was being identified as coming from
the left loop. This has been corrected.
- Added a sound for using a gadget.
- Added status lamps to the catwoman mode.
- All balls are released from the turntable lock at once when there are
no balls locked.
- Fixed a crash bug at the start of ball 2, 3, which occurred with a
villain mode running at the time the skill shot text label was called
to be displayed.

- Incremental updates - speed up future code updates by only copying
changed file(s).

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trying to show you where it comes out of, plus the colors of the wires. Hope it helps!

Pinside: mos of senseless conjecture by a vocal minority before titles are actually in the wild. Followed by years of awesome friendly support by passionate hobbyists when the title is actually in owner hands. You rock Trekkie and others for helping iceman out.

Iceman, your wait and troubles are worth it. The shots are so fun. Even the orbits! I can't recall ever having so much fun just simply hitting orbits, both of them. A clean L orbit shot that rips into the saucer or a clean R orbit shot that flies into the lock section of the table- they're super!

#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are you able to make complete orbit shots from either side?

Hmm... complete orbit shots from flippers?- no I don't think so.

I can only recall the following four scenarios:
Shooting into right orbit either locks or ends up in pops. Shooting into left orbit either ends up in saucer or ends up in pops.

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I really really really want this game but the lack of quality control is so disappointing.

I would say watch how much weight you give to the few who have unfortunately had issues. Keep in mind many that don't have issues aren't as likely to post here just say they have no issues. It's like online reviews. You're most likely to talk about quality/etc only if you have an issue. For what it's worth my pf and magnet and turntable and screws and saucer and vuk etc were/are perfect.

Although I do have extremely minor scraping on my head decals.

#1400 7 years ago

The pinball life shooter eject spike protector fits very well:

IMG_0724.JPGIMG_0724.JPG

#1444 7 years ago

It all adds up. Sending door out for coating soon eventually

IMG_0748.JPGIMG_0748.JPG

#1467 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Here are some rough shots of the MONDO posters.

That War of the Worlds poster is dope af. As the kids say...

#1473 7 years ago

first draft of my seizure warning replacement. Next one will have darker purple. But this is plenty good for now and literally everything beats that seizure warning mumbo jumbo

IMG_0767.JPGIMG_0767.JPG

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Should have gone with "HOLY SEIZURE WARNING BATMAN!" under Robin and then some Batman like response under Batman like "Too true Robin, Pinball is not all fun and games it carries serious health warnings old chum!"

That's not a bad idea!

Here are my turntable/ramp lights which I finally got around to. 7 smd led warm white on left side of right ramp. 7 smd led natural white on underside of left ramp. I'm happy with it.

IMG_0768.JPGIMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPGIMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPGIMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPGIMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPGIMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPGIMG_0773.JPG

#1485 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Lloyd reminded me to order the playfield protector. Ordered & shipped. Hope it comes soon.
Anyone sell a pre-cut wireform cover?
i'm planning to take the BM66 SLE to texas pinball festival. So trying to get it all armored-up for battle.
Any recommendations for the lockbar? (pen stripe will probably be gone by end of show if I don't do something).
Wish there was like a mylar-lite that I could put on & then safely peal off after show.
Or maybe find an alt lockbar to swap out for show?
I dunno...

That's super cool of you to take it. I'll be there and hope to meet you. Regarding the red stripe, honestly it's easily replaced if you wanted to DIY.

#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks great!!!

Thanks. Here is seizure warning replacement draft #2. Will probably iterate one more time for a little darker purple on the letters.

IMG_0789.JPGIMG_0789.JPG

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks cheap and kinda silly, however I gave you a thumbs up because you just gave me a killer idea for a speaker grill mod!!

Yeah I've been brainstorming the speaker grills since day one. Want to powder coat them along with door but not 100% sure on colors. To each their own, rlslick, I'm not a fan of the magnets either, I think the white background/borders kill it for me

#1508 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Looks great. Would like one of these for mine. (when it gets here)

I'll make it available. I'll actually make a cpl options available. Including "Holy Seizure Warning Batman!"

#1513 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's exactly my plan once my LE arrives to use the Batmobile bat symbol for a lockdown mod and possibly speaker panels unless i go with fight text (POW, WHAM, BIFF etc) for my speaker panels.

"Fight Text" haha very nice. You've coined a solid explanatory term for the concept. I plan to use it from here on out! Bravo!

#1534 7 years ago

First draft of my cat woman ramp decals.

IMG_0813.JPGIMG_0813.JPG

#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here's some pics. Out of order bit Pinside mucks them up. If anyone wants some more details let me know:

Really like the creativeness man! Gotta say though I didn't really see it as a huge issue(s). But certainly looks better with what you've done. Great detail pics too. I may try it. Wonder if a color besides white could be better,maybe purple or ice blue

#1566 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone played with audio or video out of the game to an external amp/monitor?

I don't like externals- but I did get the new specific spike 2 high output flipper fidelity kit and it sounds phenomenal. Worth every penny. So clean and deep and crisp.

#1567 7 years ago

$4 DIY speaker grill personal touch. I've fully embraced my fate as episode 98, the sport of penguins, Mario Lemieux edition. Gonna try some yellow head molding too eventually, possibly today.

IMG_0834.JPGIMG_0834.JPG
IMG_0835.JPGIMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0836.JPGIMG_0836.JPG

#1568 7 years ago

Latest seizure warning draft. I think One more color iteration away from settling. This is already very well blended in person.

IMG_0833.JPGIMG_0833.JPG

#1572 7 years ago

Purple undercab.

IMG_0846.JPGIMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPGIMG_0847.JPG

#1590 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have attached one of the black collapsible cup holders to my machine. I thought that was the most appropriate style, because I want to create a sticker for the face.
I was thinking something like "Bat Drink Containment Device", but the font would be too small to read. My daughter suggested "Bat Beverage Berth".
Anyone have any good Bat gadget names for a cup holder they would like to share?

Just ditch the "Containment" ?

1 week later
#1672 7 years ago

This update pace is perfectly fine by me.

Really like the left orbit switch awarding the EB (instead of having to make it into the saucer).

Don't know how many updates there will be between now and 1.0... but just look at all the fixes and improvements we got going from .68 to .69!

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Replace AC/DC with MET and you've got a nice list.

I didn't want to type anything... hard to imagine reading his post without seeing MET in the list...

#1682 7 years ago

Yellow molding to replace the curious red factory choice and to stick with my penguin-esque them.

Modfather custom shooter and pincup.

IMG_0944.JPGIMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0943.JPGIMG_0943.JPG
image.jpgimage.jpg

Ugh... green start button needs replacing

#1701 7 years ago

Just saw the new EB animation earlier today. Lol that alone was worth my ~$10k

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone able to do a little video of it?
Still no word from Stern when UK games are going to ship

Got ya bro:

#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The F ing music is also great

reminded me to strongly recommend the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 high output upgrade speaker and sub kit. Don't have to be an audiophile to hear the dramatic improvement.

#1729 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys think it makes that big of a difference?
Guess I'll order it.

It's dramatic. Regarding the Jensens, I haven't heard an SLE in person yet.

1 week later
#1847 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my TPF booth setup for the pin. overkill ?

You're the funniest person on pinside.

#1870 7 years ago

Stage 2 beautification initiated... Hemi and I have a master plan. Adam and Burt and the gang will be Gone Fishing for probably about a month, but it'll be worth it. Makes waiting for code easier

IMG_1127.JPGIMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1128.JPGIMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPGIMG_1129.JPG

#1873 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Care to share your plan?

Black with silver flake:
-speaker panel outer
-custom apron
-ramp wireforms

Yellow with silver flake:
-speaker panel inner
-coin door
-shooter housing
-pf support rails (because why not)

...Added onto my existing yellow/purple/blue accents

#1901 7 years ago

Damn docquest, that's incredibly cool!

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah, the good will I gave them due to swapping release order with Aerosmith is running low. I checked and my LE pre-order of this game was August 31st, so I think many of us have been excited and waiting six months now. Hopefully, this next release will be signifucant, such as bringing the minor villains to life and giving us a little something new to do after capturing the big four.

I'd like to see minor villains or gadgets come to life in the next update. Not really worried about what to do after completing the main Four just yet because tbh I don't try very hard when I play, since it's basically a beta at best right now imo.

1 week later
#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

While waiting for the next code update, I replaced the stock start button (came crooked from the factory) with one of my own design.

Awesome... I've been working with Terry for weeks to see if a blue or purple button are possible.

#1996 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here is what the pieces of the button look like when you take it apart

I know it all too well. I tried to get a part no.

Quoted from BrewinBombers:Gadgets at least have SOME use; They 'make' the next shot in 3 of 4 villain modes and award the most valuable shot in Penguin. It's not much, but it's something. I'm not sure there's going to be a lot more too it than that though.

Thanks, I was unaware... And I bet there will be at least a little more to it. I can envision:
"Gadget animations and sounds added" in a future readme.

#2012 6 years ago

It's only 0.70 haha. A beast in the making. Like many predicted all along. My game is still in full service waiting for armor. Enjoy the new villain bashing guys.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Am I the only one that loves multiple high score tables/screens? TWD is one of my favs with all the different high scores to achieve just adds to things to aim for with a game at home.

Add me to the list. I wish Blackwater had a high score, I wish doc ock had a high score, I wish light cycle, Zeus, etc etc had high scores. You get the picture, the more modes that are tracked the better. It's 2017...I think high scores and such should say "play duration, date achieved" I think there's room for a little more info without losing the tradition and nostalgia, personally.

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

OMG!!!
I downloaded the code and my machine won't read the 2 USB sticks I own.

I've been there. Keep trying new sticks. I had to try four once on a spike.
(KISS...for like..the only update it received :/ )

1 week later
#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the nice comments. I wanted to show some pic of the mods so anyone thinking about trying them can see how they look in a machine.
Regarding the start button, I made that using backlit film material. for my Ash Vs Evil Dead re-theme I used backlit film material for my translite and a few other things in the game that will be lit from behind. I knew I wanted to put a bat logo on my start button so I added a few logos in the dead white space on my other artwork so I could try it out. I made logos with blue, green, yellow, and white backgrounds.

So I have a few extra's for free if anyone want to try one. Just send me a PM if interested.

To install you need to take your existing start button apart. Replace the green disk in it with the trimmed logo for a perfect fit. You'll need to put a tiny dab of glue or tape between the edge of the logo and the button cover. That will keep the orientation of the correct correct. Otherwise it might rotate over time due to vibration.

Thanks for sharing, PM'd

#2124 6 years ago

There was an art fair in town this weekend. I didn't have a choice. Gonna be great in my gameroom.

IMG_1592.JPGIMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1593.JPGIMG_1593.JPG

#2142 6 years ago

Still tweaking- almost done. Looks fantastic contrasting between its serious chrome twins and becomes new focal point.

Modded the apron mod by relocating the signed card and designing a new lower right card for my episode.

Embrace the penguin nuance haha

IMG_1650.JPGIMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPGIMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1653.JPGIMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPGIMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPGIMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPGIMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPGIMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPGIMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPGIMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1660.JPGIMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPGIMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPGIMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1663.JPGIMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPGIMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPGIMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPGIMG_1666.JPG

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't someone make stand up target plastic brackets to stop Ironman stand up targets from leaning? Would they work?

Mezelmods. They probably would. hard to get in the turn table mech to perform that work though

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Scores are always reset, because the scoring can be changed between updates so it wouldn't be fair to leave high scores up if the game scores lower from balancing.
Avengers for certain wiped the scores.

What Frolic said- and hey if you really wanted to (unfaithfully) preserve scores from a previous code version you could change the scores using pinball browser on your new code before loading. Back when I cared about scores more I'd preserve my scores when doing sound updates.

#2215 6 years ago

Quick reminder that Lyman's signature is on the LE's and above- not just George. Recommended: ignore Vireland and get on with your life. Give it a few mos as was always the case....

1 week later
#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Game is definitely no walk over. Shots are long and fairly narrow and the slings are fast and dangerous when combined with all the stand ups left and right. Its not super hard (eg like TWD), but its no snooze fest either. Pretty well balanced IMO.
I generally use the ball save time at the start of the first ball to hit up the Joker shots to start Joker, as they are most dangerous. You can usually qualify him before the first ball save ends.

Good advice. Joker is super dangerous on my game, only hit him on accident or during ball save. This game has reasonable difficulty from the factory in its current unfinished code. Frequently my balls drain from crazy fast slings with zero chance of saving or nudging. They basically teleport into the trough. Solution: don't let them hit in the first place ha.

I've gotten the villain mini wizard plenty... but never do much in it. That's my specialty ^_^

#2291 6 years ago

I don't even look at .71 or .8 or anything. I just assume we hit 1.0 or close to it by Expo. Anything sooner I'll be thrilled. I'm usually not a patient person but with this code I am. It'll be worth the wait.

#2313 6 years ago

I know everyone situations is different- but I, with a moderate nice sized collection of 6-8 games don't mind one bit how long it's taking. I simply play .7 sparingly knowing that it's more of a gimmick until finished. I focus on my titles that are "more" finished... it's gonna take time. BM66 is currently horrible in a small collection. Flip the switch to maybe 4Q17 and BM66 is going to be fantastic in *any* collection. It will take log than any of us want- and it will take longer than GG says it will- but rest assured it will be worth it.

1 week later
#2381 6 years ago

Hey Paulo- FYI my first attempt failed this morning from Stern site. Second attempt succeeded.

My initial reaction to Bat Turn from reading (not played yet) is that it'll be awesome not necessarily on its own but to stack in the background while fighting a villain, subvillain etc.

Looking forward to the new villain escape.
It's somewhat like Metallica crank it up- you build up your value (or ability to score) with a single ball. Very cool.

gagdet lock thingamajig, interesting, did he just come up with another use for the third button that's basically been reserved for "walker bombs" and similar since 2013? Not sure I'm understanding it correctly- eager to test in a few hours.

#2387 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

docquest as I was reading your post (very cool read, love the behind the scenes info) I was thinking "I can swap/fix that with pinball browser"

Has Olivier finished updating the Pinball Browser software to enable Spike2 editing already? With the split .spk files?

#2461 6 years ago

Stern pays attention to this forum and others. Not sure why you'd doubt it.

#2462 6 years ago

In case anyone applicable sees this- I recommend putting the original left ramp flap UNDER the fix plastic. I still got air balls when my flap was above the fix plastic- but not a single airball since reconfiguring so that the original plastic flap is under the fix plastic.

The trade off is that you still get vibrations out of the original flap.

#2500 6 years ago

Sorry if this was covered already, but has anyone seen what very much appears to be Steve Ritchie in one of the many extra ball animations. I'm 99% sure it's him wearing a black tucked in t shirt with glasses.

I know I'm not hallucinating because my buddy didn't believe so then we went glass off to confirm... and sure enough.

Steve Ritchie is the new cow Easter egg lol

#2508 6 years ago

Reasonable:
Expect code 1.0 before Expo 2017
Expect game to be done by Expo 2018

It will get done. It's not like Lyman is just playing TWD in the break room all day. Ok maybe he is... but eventually it will get done.

You can buy it now and wait for code or you can buy it later when a lot more demand is out there because the code is "done." It won't be much more expensive you'll just have more trouble finding one close to you.

#2511 6 years ago

One of the extra ball animations has a golden duck or goose on the dock? Is that potentially a hint at their next "boutique" title? Willy Wonka was on the "what should we make next" feedback cards at Expo '16 when the game was revealed.

#2523 6 years ago

Finished my game... (custom purple bat symbol on lockdown bar). right in time to find out that I'm 80% going to be moved to LA to keep my career. So in order to stay safe and nimble... I had to sell it. Divorce and now career garbage taken me from 8 exceptional games down to a nice 5. Batman drew short straw based 100% only on $ amount to be gained back. Sad- because It'd basically become the only game I'd played since 0.71 came out. I'll be buying it back in the future when life stabilizes.

IMG_2167 (resized).JPGIMG_2167 (resized).JPG

IMG_2168 (resized).JPGIMG_2168 (resized).JPG

IMG_2172 (resized).JPGIMG_2172 (resized).JPG

IMG_2172 (resized).JPGIMG_2172 (resized).JPG

#2531 6 years ago

Can anyone in USA please share some quotes you've gotten on NIB premium models?

1 week later
#2638 6 years ago

I'm back/still in the club. Selling my LE to a great buyer. And getting a premium from Marco at Southern Fried Gameroom expo. My girl loves batman the most out of all my games so it is a no brainer to rebuy/downgrade from my crazy LE to a premium.

about to put .75 on the LE and break it in for my buyer

#2647 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, it's setting 49 in the Batman specific adjustments, Lock out Completed Major Villains. Default is No, I set this one to Yes.

Safe to assume he left it on "don't lock out" by default to force more care and planning in your shots. Nerdy as it sounds I like to imagine that if I accidentally start a major villain a second time after already completing/capturing that it's like they escaped from prison so I have to capture them again before any further progress.

#2654 6 years ago

Hey KG are you going to leave your PRE stock or trick it out similar to your LE with custom powdercoat etc?

I wish, but no. Trying to save as much as I can from now on... it'll be tough

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be a great idea if it wasn't designed so Penguin essentially randomly activates by dropping in from the pop bumpers almost completely out of player control. THAT sucks. So yeah, Villain lock on.

Fair- there is a lot of penguin possible from successful riddler shots. Guess you should do in order: joker and cat and riddler and just let penguin happen.

#2665 6 years ago

I can't wait til the SW venom subsides. Game looks awesome to me. I have zero interest in the theme but I know Ritchie and Dwight make good games... a AC/DC layout base without annoying cannon, inlane visibility problems, and Steves voice- sign me up. On top of that a cool hyper ramp and Death Star gimmick? Yes sign me up for fun pinball.

Why typing here-
This pinside stuff is so tiring. I can already feel the tide turning from doubters of BM66 and we aren't even close to the finish line.

#2678 6 years ago

the batpoles calllout/video is the tops i tell ya, the tops.

I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4630

#2682 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool options are always a good thing, but I have a blue start button out of my old avatar do the old start buttons from SAM games not fit the new spike2 games?

Yeah It will fit and work however it will look ghetto imo because it won't fill the entire cabinet hole/opening in the decal. You don't want to know how many communications He/I went thru to figure out the part/supplier lol... order and make it worth it for him haha.

#2687 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Green button looks great when you put in the old school bat logo from the TV show opening credits.

No doubt.

#2688 6 years ago

Doc, the plan is to use bluenwith your decal idea

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

The new callouts are nice, but Bat Turn mode is one of the best additions to the game so far.

True but bat turn is way too lucrative and villain escape is garbage for points. It's bad enough that I'm going to leave feedback on Stern site- it's that bad!

#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like you have installed the kit from stern to cover more of your left wireform and keep balls from flying off. Do you have the deflector that goes on the plastic at the bottom of the "GADGET" bank to keep the ball from getting stuck. They don't advertise, you have to ask for it.

Hmm, that deflector (its metal) was actually in my pkg that contained the ramp fix- and I didn't ask for it. I called and received pkg in prob Jan/Feb

#2708 6 years ago

Anyone have an issue with their crane motor not working out of the box? Apparently my NIB machine at SFGE is having an issue. I'm not back to the show myself yet but Marco and friends are working on it. Figured I'd ask here and hopefully by time I get back to show in 2 hours it is either fixed or one of you have chimed in with a solution.

#2734 6 years ago

Well this sucks. This has been hanging for approaching an hour. What to do?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2754 6 years ago

Your new PRE is looking very spiffy with those mirror blades! I'm holding out to see what Franchi comes up with for Stern. The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

Thanks! It averaged about 20 plays per hour. hard to say exactly how many plays it got (bec I updated to .75 on Sun morning) from Fri 5pm thru Sun 3pm, but I'd guess about 450. Despite a show with an amazing new game selection (a handful of AS, two DI, total annihilation, Houdini, AFMr)- there was a line of 2-4 people at basically all times and apparently a really long line on the second half of the day Saturday after Adam West died RIP.

new topic- is pinball browser updated to work with spike 2 now ?!?

#2758 6 years ago

I've been assisting Oga with the new version of PB. It took much longer than even he thought it would. He gave me a Beta version to try out. Been browsing all the cool wacky video clips etc. New Spike 2 version should be out very soon.

Thanks. I have a wonderful song in mind to replace the insanely (imo) misplaced cat woman mode music. Slow jazz for a mode with super fast ramps? No thanks!

#2762 6 years ago

That jazzy riff makes me think of hips swinging back and forth, like hitting the alternating ramps.

Agree to disagree for now!
Be curious how you feel bout mine when I get it in there.

#2806 6 years ago

This is funny. My LE has not left the building yet... thought it'd be neat to see them together. My Prem is a work in progress- may not keep yellow speakers.

IMG_2820.JPGIMG_2820.JPG

#2807 6 years ago

The subtle differences (both from me and from Stern) are amusing-

IMG_2821 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPG

IMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPG

IMG_2823 (resized).JPGIMG_2823 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

IMG_2825 (resized).JPGIMG_2825 (resized).JPG

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPG

IMG_2828 (resized).JPGIMG_2828 (resized).JPG

IMG_2827 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPG

IMG_2829 (resized).JPGIMG_2829 (resized).JPG

#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Where did you get the lollipop rails for your premium? I would love to get those LE pinstriped rails for mine.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont think it was anything official, but the newer runs of BM66's came riveted from the factory. They should have sent out a replacement for every early owner.
Since you obviously have an early run, you should check it has the new flap over the left wireform and the metal guide on the left plastic above the left outlane. This was an official fix from the factory.

My March'17 build premium had a different (assuming fixed/riveted) then my December'16 build LE. I never had any trouble with the early build, I just noticed they are different because the color of the windshield. Blue on the new one

#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'll have to check. Not sure if Stern officially changed it, but my original was way too soft. randomkg what's the spring colour on your new premium?

Away from gameroom a couple days, will answer when I get back if still unanswered.

#2911 6 years ago

Guess it's time for my reminder that Lyman's name is literally signed on the playfield. Don't feed trolls.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's all chant
Lyman F ing Sheets!

Ok but just to be clear. Sheats.

No more troll feeding in a club thread please. There are several other places on pinside to get lost in the netherworlds...

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure I would be so quick to praise posting a picture without comment or any detail as improved communication or fan service.
If they had posted the pic and said "Lyman will officially be working on the code until he says it's done", that would have been something to celebrate.

The game will be 'completed'- as much or more so than his modern games. If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention to all publicly available information. The picture is plenty even though it wasn't even necessary.

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

After playing some games at my friends house and getting a bit bored of Aerosmith (which is a pretty solid machine, but not special in terms of gameplay and shots), it was pretty obvious... I need a BM66. And I love it.

This, and this... I was starting to wonder if I'm the only other person on the planet that isn't in love with Aerosmith pinball. Not bad by any stretch imo but I still just don't get it. The shots don't feel right to me and there are too many gimme locked balls from the pops. Everyone locally loves it... again I don't get it. I have more fun playing a half done BM66.

Agree with RD on toppers. I went topless a while ago on all my machines and don't regret it but to each their own!

Bat turn is too lucrative.
Villain escape is too weak.

#3049 6 years ago

I put the cliffy protector in the scoop.

I got a ton of rejects.

I'm taking the cliffy protector out of the scoop.

#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same here. Thinking of taking it out also, but that scoop cops a beating.

I used Mylar for ~500 games at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and it was fine. Going back to Mylar.

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To each his own but I can never understand why people want to drag the eye's attention to an area where NOTHING is going on...the speakers. To me lighting them up just makes for an ugly distraction from the actual art on the machine and simply puts a cheap glare all over the glass. The best effect you''ll get is the color changing routine you see on every cheap Chinese toy.
Just say "enough"... ok rant over

Point taken and also disagreed with.
I tie my speakers into game interactive undercabs and backboxes and it creates and immersive experience imo- esp in a dim/dark room.

#3109 6 years ago

Haha- clever. I thought it was Yield at first. But I see what you did there. For the uninformed, he posted a picture of Pearl Jam's album: "No Code".

Also you guys might just be stressing yourselves out. Play something else, do something else- the code will come. It's only been 6-7 mos.

1 week later
#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe...just maybe he is taking his time to do a meaningful code drop because of the constant whining that the more frequent drops were not good enough. Maybe he is tired of some people making a lot of assumptions based on no fact at all. Had Lyman made the comment about code every 2 weeks, I would have put a lot more stock in it. Gomez made the comment, and he can say anything he wants, he is not the person coding the game.

Thank you.

#3216 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I am also "in" for a SW and I liked what I saw in the video. Codewise it looks by far more sophisticated at this time than the current status on BM66. But... hey do you really need 40x multipliers? I love multipliers, but I also love balanced scoring. Saying that... I also love risk/reward, because this creates "special moments" like insane 3x Song Jackpots on AC/DC. Just keeping the balls alive in a four/five/six ball multiball with getting 40x by "random" shots and afterwards wondering... WTF are the huge points are coming from is not a special moment!
So please Lyman - implement those special moments in the BM66 code

I agree FRG... 40x, much like 25x on GOT is kind of blegh. Some of my best games on GOT were flukes that involved spamming the battering ram for pf X and getting huge chaos based flippy flapping during hand of the king. It's not that it doesn't take skill to get there and hit the battering ram a ton or whatever it's just kind of not as fun for me as blown piston targets and tower 2x's.

I love how dangerous the commissioner target x shot multiplier is and I love the atomic pile 2x pf with ability to extend via the "non-gimme" left orbit.

Also regarding the commissioner target, I want to get a 1B batphone answer. Might have to take tilt bob out haha.

1 week later
#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All I can say....oldest daughter with husband came by last weekend ( 30 years old).....college daughter ( 20 years old) here all day today with fiancé .....they ONLY played BM66 ( a lot) the entire time while gaming, out of all my pins. I think people underestimate the appeal of this title....

All newbs that have entered my gameroom since Jan have all gravitated to BM66. They think it's pretty and they like the screen.

#3378 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I figure not much if the backlog of great rumored titles are on the immediate horizon.

What titles?

#3391 6 years ago

Deadpool, Beatles and Munsters are all news to me personally. None of them will have any impact whatsoever on BM66 coding. No matter what a few ppl here say over and over again.

#3408 6 years ago

Played a bunch of SW yesterday. While it certainly does have a lot more code and clips than Batman, it's not nearly as complete as I thought. Lots of bugs and holes in the code that make zero sense or don't have a reason for why things happen. SW is super fast, but holy crap is it obnoxious with dozens of sounds seemingly playing at once and the light shows need a lot of work to make some sense. It's almost like they SW started with damn near everything in the game and they need to scale back and fix a lot and polish. With Batman, we're seeing less, but it's getting polished as we go and not getting anything new until existing code is rounded out.
I'm less impressed with SW code than I was after watching the videos. That said, it's a fun game and I'll dump a ton of quarters into it. However, I wouldn't even consider trading Batman for Star Wars at this time.

Thanks for the useful feedback. Interesting observation about starting with a lot and dialing back (SW) vs slowly building (BM66). I'm very confident both will meet in the middle in the next several mos and both be highly coveted.

#3429 6 years ago

I will chat with Lyman about code in Pinburgh next week. I'm usually fortunate enough to snag him for a cpl mins between games/rounds.

#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What is a BM66 Premium selling for in the USA?
rd

~7,500 USD NIB far as I know.

#3506 6 years ago

That's gonna be fun to beat. Muahaha. Great job. So fun, every time you get the ball back... you're like ok is THAT high enough to cash out... nnaahhhh, to the commissioner again!

#3514 6 years ago

Whoa. Thanks for correcting. Prices vary greatly depending on distributor. The higher the price, the larger the possible range.

FWIW, it looks like Pinburgh *wont*
Have a BM66 but should have a SW Pro, just interesting.

2 months later
#5173 6 years ago

To Mark, I could be wrong but I don’t think any email can handle 4ish Gigabytes. I imagine if anything your guy was referencing and/or confused by Star Wars code which was released in the last few days (twice actually...)

I’ve been super patient and super quiet about BM66 code, but if something reasonably substantial isn’t released this weekend I’ll change my thoughts/buying behaviors. I don’t & won’t blame Lyman in any scenario based on available info. It shouldn’t come to it.

Let’s all flip the switch by this weekend and enjoy the game the way Gomez and Lyman originally envisioned it. My fingers are confidently crossed.

#5192 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I will be the (possibly only) one with the Free Play Florida lanyard, have to represent!

#flaStrong

Lol... represent!

hey if it isn’t ready by expo but is by Halloween then I’m gonna call a spade a spade ... we’ll all huff and puff for a cpl wks but then get the new code and then reality will kick in and we’ll be happy to have code and then we can jump back to either criticizing or being elated about what the game has turned into.

Some will stand proudly stubborn:
“I don’t care how good it is! Why so long!? We were lied to!! Every two weeks- ARE U KIDDING ME!?”

Others will get over the wait and claim masterpiece:
“See, this was worth the wait, all hail Lyman, he really opened the game up. He’s done it again!!!”

#5222 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On a lighter note..... A sincere Thank You to all for your interest and business with our Batman Mods. ALL items including all KG Bird kits have shipped and will arrive soon for your complete code update! Thanks to all.
The Mod Couple

I almost feel like I HAVE to buy one of these given my name...

#5286 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not blaming Lyman or anybody really. Kind of hard to believe he's been exclusive to this and we are at .80 code
I wonder why Batman is so challenging versus so AS or SW?

Why? Because. Turntable. A coding nightmare. (And maintenance nightmare too... fingers crossed...)

#5362 6 years ago

I get it. Everyone’s upset. I am too. But just because BM66 has been anything but smooth or honest doesn’t mean that POTC or JJP is a miracle. I get the Stern hate, but I don’t understand the JJP love. People really still want to spend $8,500 on a base level game? And... gasp... $12,500 on a “SLE”? Color me confused. I’m all messed up now lol- Upset and confused. ...And still 100% confident BM66 turns out amazing... eventually... just apparently a LOT longer away than anyone imagined.

#5372 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yet you're posting this in a thread for a game that was $8600, $10000 and $15000(!!!!)???? I've been a vocal B66 defender since day one, but there is no way you could argue even the $15k b66sle comes remotely close to the $8500 POTC. Defintaley not on gameplay, value, toys, build quality. Art is the only saving grace. And the illusive code is a big maybe.

I’m not arguing for any ridiculous prices. Base BM 7600 not 8600.

#5373 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’m not arguing for any ridiculous prices. Base BM 7600 not 8600.

And I’m posting here where it is relevant as someone among the rest of us who spent that high (and to me and my situation, silly) amount and won’t do it again. I bought a 9600 LE, it was a stretch, then “downgraded” to a premium which I got at a significant well below 7600 at a show. If you can’t see the relevance and application there isn’t much more I can type to help you see it. Simply- 8500+ is a lot for a pinball machine...no matter who made it, what it has and what code it ships with or ever receives.

#5633 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly....neither wants a legacy failure with their name on it. Truly convinced ( especially now) that this game has been a bitch to code, and they are going to be very, very picky with how the code is laid out. While excruciating, these are all signs that it will stand alone at some point, in its own way.
No way this gets abandoned...no freakin way.....

Better to wait much longer than expected and be paid off for it.

I just put my BM66 on location next to TWD and SW. Curious to see how it earns. This will make the code wait easier.

Anyone who really thinks this is abandoned isn’t paying attention to the facts...

#5643 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be curious how it earns. That's some stiff competition.

You and me both. I'll report back in nebulous relative terms when I have some data. I expect it to earn the most.

#5677 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Is it fair to say that if this game used a DMD we’d be at 1.0 code already?

Maybe. I believe it is more the turntable than anything else causing the delay.

1 week later
#6100 6 years ago

Anyone else getting server errors when attempting to download from Stern site?

#6102 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Anyone else getting server errors when attempting to download from Stern site?

called Stern. they're aware and actively working to resolve.

2 months later
#8063 6 years ago

Awesome I honestly didn’t even get to 0.85 because I pulled my game home to work on bad trough boards.

Also- sorry if I’m too intimidated to search it. Has anyone fixed/tweaked/replaced their ball lock rollover switches? I’m getting what appears to be errant false switch activations from the rollovers. I think they need replacing...

#8072 6 years ago

Did you install the Stern capacitor kit? It was supposed to eliminate false switch alerts.

Yeah I’m all service bulletin’d up

#8073 6 years ago

The hardest part of removing turntable is removing the coil/lock gate at the very “bottom” of playfield. It’s not fun but it’s not the nightmare I thought it would be.

F137F3D9-CD5F-4AC4-B60D-50918C99B262 (resized).jpegF137F3D9-CD5F-4AC4-B60D-50918C99B262 (resized).jpeg

#8103 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Core mode kit question:
When you guys got your repair kits from Stern, did you get 2x capacitor plugs, or one?
They sent me 2 ... I needed kits for BM66 and also ASpro.
But reading the instructions, it infers that you need to fit a capacitor to both Node 8 AND Node 9 ... in which case, they haven’t sent me enough kits.
Did you guys fit 1x or 2x?
rd

Should be two capacitor piggybacks per machine. They accidentally short changed you if they only sent one pair.

Thunder, I am replacing my lock rollover switches for the heck of it even though I think my issue is strictly trough optos. It was good to have removed the turntable to get the practice for when I inevitably have to remove it later on down the line.

#8133 6 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I’d love to see the lights and the inserts spinning in a circle fashion for the batmobile spin around, like the bat symbol spin transition in the tv show. (Similar to the hyper space on StarWars.) Or going nuts during the joker and slow transitions with cat woman and the sultry jazz music.

These are wonderful ideas. Submit them via Stern’s official contact us link. I will too.

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact

#8204 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced. Can't afford both. If you had to pick one for your hone collection which would it be?
Another detail to factor in is this is a small batch of Lucis which wont last long. I assume BM66 will continue being made for a while.
Thanks

I never understood the AC/DC love personally. Too much cannon? Not enough lower pf? Stuck hearing songs to beat them? Too easy to backhand shots? Too dangerous to pick some songs/modes. Hard pass-
Meanwhile you’re putting it up against a machine that Lyman and George have more pride in than you can imagine. Reminder- both signed the pf. BM66 updates were on Summer and Fall break but now things are shaping up and it’s gonna be a must-have machine as anticipated by many all along. I pulled mine from my main location to fix trough optos and have been pleasantly surprised by the plentiful requests to bring it back. People love this machine- they should. The layout is awesome and the code will be epic when done.

#8209 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Anyone having issues with a week intermittent left flipper , if so how can it be fixed

Weird- I had that too and thought it was just wear and tear.

#8225 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

300-600M on average for me. I had (1) game cross the 1 billion mark but of Coarse the next day they did a software update so now I only get to remember that accomplishment. lol

300-600m is not crappy as your other post stated. Regardless of outlanes/tilt, that’s a lot of successful shots. If you’re doing 300+ just banging around then I don’t understand your other post, rather you’re pretty good.

#8268 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Update for anyone interested. My "Node 24 not found" is apparently not a plug issue? Chas (love that Stern service!) is sending me a new TV or board (?) and said they had issues with that board. Sooo, luckily the game still works just no little TV which isn't the end of the world for now. My Star Wars Premium is coming today to hold me over until the bat cave is remodeled with a new TV. lol

Thank you for logging this.

#8272 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Somehow I think if us hacks have thought of it Lyman is already there. #InLymanWeTrust.

A virtual guarantee.

#8285 6 years ago

Batman club. Not a SW hate club. SW is also a great game. A must have game. I have had and played a handful of SW machines already and never seen a ball hit the screen, not once...

I finally got my trough boards and will be able to hopefully fix and install 0.86 for a few games before putting back into the wild. Very much looking forward to it

#8288 6 years ago

If you ever get double ball trough ejects, it’s your trough board(s). Mine started bad from factory and finally went out after 6-7 mos of mixed home casual play and location play. I got it replaced and working awesome now. I can’t wait to play this on 1.0+. Gonna be epic. Just played one test game locked in with 2B and 78 combos on .84 code.

This is the only game I don’t hit both flippers to shorten animations. The cheesiness literally never gets old. Stellar already and worth all the waiting.

#8298 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And, for most people, jumping ship 7-12 months wouldn't be considered 'early'

Heck- for a lot of pinheads, 7-12 mos is an eternal length of time to keep a machine.

1 week later
#8449 6 years ago

sixty six.

to the pinsider thinking about blue powdercoat, I feel it will look good but doesn't seem worth it as it doesn't seem different enough from factory.
in my mind if you're going to do it, go all out and get something that really pops, brighter blue, yellow, purple, etc, just one guy's opinion.

no test games on my location bm66 with 0.87 yet. will this wknd.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8467 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember you need to hit the atomic pile too. Good luck exploiting this is all I’ll say. Haha

Exactly-
Not an exploit whatsoever.

#8507 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Got this pin on order. Who has mirror blades installed instead of sideart ? Would like to see it.

Sorry don’t have any closeups at the moment. I’ve had both. Mirrors strongly preferred as there is just so much side wall.

Installed 0.87 on loc game. 30-40 games and not one hiccup.

4B1055D3-93A9-4A38-B717-0755C577DB75 (resized).jpeg4B1055D3-93A9-4A38-B717-0755C577DB75 (resized).jpeg

CF635DEA-E1E0-4617-B481-5010A1DE8535 (resized).jpegCF635DEA-E1E0-4617-B481-5010A1DE8535 (resized).jpeg

38856A36-EC0F-475D-A8B0-1D6DB4865004 (resized).jpeg38856A36-EC0F-475D-A8B0-1D6DB4865004 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 39.00
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.50
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.