PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by iceman44. You are on page 1 of 2.
#171 7 years ago

At first I was hoping to get an episode LE but now I don't care, both are very cool concepts.

Haven't heard anything yet from Game room guys. Mike at Automated gets first dibs usually. Can't wait to hear the reviews Mark!

1 week later
#218 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wonder when gameroomguys is gonna get good???No call yet even to pay balance,anybody else go with this Distro???

Yep, talked to them today, said I was in the next batch of 5 they are about to receive. Final payment when pin is ready to ship!

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man I like that!!! So question:
I'm going to change all the rubber to Titan....thinking clear for all, but what color should the flipper rubber be? Thought about purple or just red...thoughts?

Purple for sure. Have a good stock of Titan ready myself!

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think you are right with the blue....the light or dark ones?
I've gotta get the Cliffys too.

No Cliffy needed Mark.

Play the shit out of it and see if you can F it up in a HUO environment. I doubt it.

#256 7 years ago

That is some sexy shit!

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

See image of the ball just sitting in there as it catches against the edge of the mini one ...
It appears that the mini-turntable is about 1/2mm too high?

You need to put some plastic protector on that mech MT

#403 7 years ago

Love the fact that Stern nailed the THEME. That's why I bought it, along with the LCD and the Lyman touch.

Thx for review MT. So much more to come

#435 7 years ago

Sorry MT45, I just couldn't live with the mylar lines I'm seeing in those pics!

Def need to send that lockdown bar out for a professional clear job over the striping.

Doc, are you waiting on Game Room too?

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yea, that's why I posted. I was sure some folks would be fine and others not. I'm pretty picky but honestly it bothers me not

I'm kidding MT! I just wish i had my LE to enjoy but hopefully it will arrive soon with updated code.

Sincere props and thanks for laying it out there for everybody.

Slobs like me still appreciate it.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Delivery just confirmed for Friday morning.

Me too!

#560 7 years ago

How do you order/buy a print on that site? Hiding it!

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't have Facebook and since I'm outside the US all international orders are asked to not make payment and message first but without Facebook I have no way of messaging regarding shipping
He really needs a dedicated site his work is fantastic!

No kidding, his site is shit for getting paid.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow! I paid in full for my Pre in Oct. in hopes of getting a signed card. If I don't get one I'm gonna be pissed!

That

Is what was stated from day one. Hopefully you get one but seriously, wtf, an autographed card is not something to bitch about.

What are the distros for? Just awful

If you don't like it, but an LE.

#572 7 years ago

How the hell is my dist gonna know if there's a signed card inside or not? There are VERY few PRE in people's hands right now. Every one of them should be signed at this point. Why should someone who orders one 6 months from now get a signed card and not the people getting them now? Stern already took Batgirl off the PRE which I'm not happy about. And now early run PRE are being delivered with unsigned cards. Wtf? Sorry but for almost $8K I think I'm entitled to be upset if mine isn't signed

If you bought a premium for the signed card then I'd be upset too. I would have confirmed 100% that i was getting a signed card before paying for it.

It's really such a minor thing on a pinball machine. Taking Batgirl off the Pre? Also minor but I'm glad they did it for the LE. Would I care one way or the other? No.

That is what a premium is on this pin.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Maybe you will also get a creased/bent non signed card also.

Why not just buy an original on ebay? The reprint isn't worth the paper its printed on, bent or not.

#623 7 years ago

Maybe the loose stuff is you guys not getting it put back together right?

Re rubbering is a tough job!

I guess i'll do that first thing on mine when i get it. Make sure everything is tightened up and in place while changing out rubber.

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I wanted both and am disappointed in one. just crazy an $8k plus game has countless screws rolling around playfield. Total BS. Sorry

Do you have a DI yet?

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Glad you are so proud to have been in the hobby longer than me and get a laugh out if it. Congrats hot stuff

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Plywood is compressed of several layers and most likely the layer on the bottom of your 7 layer playfield is more dense the top layer. I will not take a ball to the underside of my new GB LE or MMR, because I already know the answer.

How can the bottom layer be more dense? All 7 layers look to have same the same density?

Makes no sense.

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

For example, I still don't really play TWD. I am still mad at it

What? TWD has some of the best code of any pinball machine ever!

#801 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Swapped the shooter spring out for a stiffer one, much better on plunge now.
Game is pitched at 7 and I'm still having a ton of airballs flying off the left ramp shot and ending up in the saucer. What else can be done to stop this?
Quite often getting the ball stuck on the back edge of the batmobile spinner. Have to wait for ball search to knock it free. Is there a leveling adjustment hidden underneath somewhere?

Maybe try lowering the left or right side a hair. One very minor tweak like that on my TWDLE made a huge difference, albeit on stopping the center drains.

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The nice thing about these compared to other options is that it just lays on the playfield - no adhesive, no sealing, just a nice coat of wax before laying it down. I hope it doesn't make the PF look dull, but I think I'd rather have dull than damaged.

How do you know if you have a defective PF if you use the protector?

What if the protector gets all scratched up, ends up being not worth it after a year or so and you pull it off and find you have a F ed up PF.?

Going back and forth on this. Not a full PF protector kind of guy.

I don't really care about my GBLE hammered dimple fest?

Why should I care with Batman?

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You know I'm buying those armor upgrades whenever/if possible!
Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).
The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too.

Excellent stream. Totally agree, nothing like BDK

#1018 7 years ago

Got my topper yesterday. Getting my pin finally tomorrow.

Wondering if R & L F ed it up somehow. Sat in Dallas for several days until i called and inquired wtf?

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have the same card! WTF?

Bound to have a few duplicates in there on the cards with 320 pins getting them. There aren't that many total in the red, black and blue series of 1966.

#1039 7 years ago

You got the #1 card in the set!!!

Congrats. I'm collecting some PSA graded originals of the black series in 9 condition.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Would you recommend cutting the square into a circle with a box cutter before or after applying to the playfield?
I keed, I keed But seriously I thought someone did sell these, I can't find them now but I could have sworn I saw someone that was selling them before specific to the large magnets.

PBL sells them.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've still got my Batman, but I must say this has to be the sparsest code any game has initially shipped with since WoZ. At least with Batman it's still playable with the glass on. lol.

My box is finally sitting in my garage. Can't get to setting it up yet and leaving town for a week!

Maybe code update is coming again soon.

#1122 7 years ago

MT45, thanks for putting us all to shame and making me feel so inferior! Great job, now I have to see how good that looks and then look at my topper

Btw, I've got #111 sitting in the box as I left town.

That's either the Jokes on Catwoman or some gadget I suppose

#1274 7 years ago

Just unboxed my BM66LE. Found a screw rolling around in the box and first mission was to find the culprit!

Having a bitch of a time getting one leg bolt threaded in. Need to find rubber hammer.

Checking on turn table mech guys, take a look at these pics. Gonna fire it up and see if it calibrates itself but the screw actually went to the bottom of the mech. See below.

Bm4 (resized).jpgBm4 (resized).jpg

Bm3 (resized).jpgBm3 (resized).jpg

Bm2 (resized).jpgBm2 (resized).jpg

Bm1 (resized).jpgBm1 (resized).jpg

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Congrats Ice and welcome to the club! So what's your gadget/episode and the card? Good eye to find the location for that screw. I still can't find where a nut went on mine after owning the game for about a month. Just remember to check on that Batmobile mounting. If it's not loose now, it will be in the future. Then check out the cat mountings on the top of the ramps.

Thanks guys, having an issue with the turn table! As in it won't turn

I played with the glass off for a bit, couldn't move forward because table wouldn't turn to allow me to hit the bat phone!

It's not level as in low in front and high in the back. Gonna call Stern to figure out best way to adjust this monster mech without F ing it up further.

I'll take pics of card and episode shortly.

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Check all the connectors that attach to the boards underneath the turntable. Mine wouldn't turn either, and turns out one of the plugs had come loose.

Thanks Cooked, gonna check that now

#1288 7 years ago

Thanks guys, got the turntable turning a bit now. Gonna update code from 61 to 65. Had a nice little game with the glass off

On .61 was the bat mobile on the turn table coded? Never was able to get it there, just some non stop answer the phone.

I suspect something is wrong with assembly but let's see if code is the issue now that its moving.

I'll post my card pics next.

#1292 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

iceman44 yes the car has code in .65 hoping for new code this week.

Thx, i was wondering if it had it in .61? Doesn't really matter, the download is taking forever for .65, will be mañana now!

I've got dead flippers too, don't really need then if i'm only gonna play with the glass off.

#1302 7 years ago

Here is what I'm gonna tackle tonight. Chas was very helpful as usual.

1). Turn table assembly is likely screwed up with a broken weld. Not sure. Gonna try again tonight with code update. But table won't turn all the way.

I will go through distro for a replacement most likely.

2). Flippers are dead. He said it might be related to Node 8 being bad and has to be replaced. One strange thing though is that while doing the glass off thing last night, the right flipper moved upright and stayed locked until I turned it off again. Weird.

3). Wiring assembly from the head down to the PF appears to be too short! I can't get the PF into the full service position, too tight, yep I've looked for any crimping or hang ups.

Says they possibly hooked up a shorter one? He was going to check himself.

I'll post pics tonight of card and plaque and update progress if any!

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it the cat 5 wire that is too short?

Gonna try and figure it out tonight. Will unplug the harness and see what's going on

That part I can get direct overnight. The rest goes through Distro

#1314 7 years ago

Glad .68 is here! Just installed .65 and can't play it either.

Here is the good news:

Bm16 (resized).jpgBm16 (resized).jpg

Bm15 (resized).jpgBm15 (resized).jpg

#1316 7 years ago

Found the turn table issue, a lose wire has wrapped around the mech stopping its progress. Now I have to figure out how to get at it!

Probably is the Cat 5 wire that needs to be replaced. F me!

Bm11 (resized).jpgBm11 (resized).jpg

Bm12 (resized).jpgBm12 (resized).jpg

Bm13 (resized).jpgBm13 (resized).jpg

#1319 7 years ago

I don't know if you guys can see this or not but I dropped the motor, wasn't hard, remember it was half hanging on to begin with because of missing screws.

The wiring assembly is wrapped around the motor!

No wonder the wiring had no slack. Wtf!!!

Bm17 (resized).jpgBm17 (resized).jpg

#1327 7 years ago

Well I've done what I can. This last piece just sheared off from somewhere in the mech.

So as I turn the pin on and it goes into set up, the table tries to turn and does if I help it, the problem is that white piece you see, the rotor doesn't line up properly to turn it so I have to manually do it, push it a little bit and get the rotor lined up and it moves, then blocks again.

No telling what is F ed up after the wires that got split, etc.

Bm19 (resized).jpgBm19 (resized).jpg

Bm18 (resized).jpgBm18 (resized).jpg

#1328 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Remember when all we had to worry about were playfield dimples? lol

I'd love to put some dimples on that bad boy!

You guys have fun playing the latest code, I'll be joining you guys at some point. I've got some other nice pins to keep me busy in the meantime.

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you see the black piece right next to the screw? There's 3 small boards above the white plastic that have them. There's 1 board under the plastic that has it too. Pic to follow.

That's it Trekkie, black piece on that board is gone on mine! Wires must have tangled it up and popped it off.

Is there a plug in to the bottom of that board on yours. I have a connector that is loose and am wondering if it goes to the pin on the bottom of that board?

Quoted from cooked71:

That piece is one of the Opto receivers from an opto board that tells Spike what position the turntable is in. So wont work without it. But might be something else in there blocking it also. Pretty sure that would need to be re-soldered on the board. Better just to get a new board.
Even better just get Stern to send you a whole new turntable mech. They can take the old one back and fix it.

I'm gonna need a new mech and wiring assembly unless I can figure out which wires need to get reconnected without shorting out something else.

Thanks for all the help guys!

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trying to show you where it comes out of, plus the colors of the wires. Hope it helps!

Thanks again Trekkie!

Spoke to Chas at Stern today, dude is a chill guy, has to be i guess with all the incoming he takes! Very helpful again.

Also, Game Room guys have been great too. They are getting a tech involved to fix it all since i had some wiring and optos sheared off!

Anyhow, while playing with the glass off that left orbit was tough to hit, and i mean without flippers and hand shooting it up there!

#1431 7 years ago

Looks like i'm getting a new mech assembly and node board for the flippers.

So i get to tackle installing that monster. Supposedly the sheared wiring is tied to the mech, drop it out, drop a new one in and boom boom its play time!

#1492 7 years ago

So i was digging around underneath the PF tonight, parts were shipped friday, was surveying the situation and the wires sheared off don't have anything to do with the mech as i follow them up to the front of the PF.

Probably why my flippers don't work.

So it won't just be popping out the table and fitting the new one in. I've called a local guy tech to get him involved. Need to get wiring harness replaced and run correctly!

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ice it sucks you can't get it going yet, but when you do, you should be very pleased with it.
I have all the patience in the world, but I can't bring myself to play new in box Russian roulette. I had to get one I could inspect first. Only one in town...

Well i've been fortunate up to this point but yeah i don't really mind the adventure of getting this thing fixed as weird as it sounds.

On the plus side i can have the tech take a look at a couple of other issues while he's here with my Woz and Ac/dc.

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from krankcolc:

Has anyone run into this problem yet?
Unboxed on Friday and put in two games before the carousel stopped spinning. Spent about 30 minutes surveying the assembly and finally discovered it was getting hung up on the white plastic piece that guides the motor arm. Not sure if it was assembled incorrectly or if the white plastic piece was manufactured wrong, but at each point it was catching.

Part of my problem as well. Couldn't get it to catch on its own, i could physically maneuver it into position but i'm thinking it just was assembled correctly

#1544 7 years ago

Received the Franchi artwork. Really want to play this pin!

#1582 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you should be sending it back mate and getting a new one. There is no way I'd accept your situation.

Shouldn't be that difficult to fix for the tech.

I've got the parts, if I wasn't tipsy from the SA rodeo today and Sam Hunt, I might try it myself right now

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

So much for everything working fine.
Batmobile keeps falling off so I took it off and will fix it another day.
After about 10 games the right flipper died.

Check that Node board #8 and make sure everything is seated properly

If you need a new board it's a simple change out

#1626 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

They will. Spoke to Chaz a few minutes ago. Sending me a replacement assembly and a shipping label to send the old one back.

Sending a new turn table? I watched tech adjusting it to level. Took some trial and error to get it right

#1644 7 years ago

I like my turn table just a tiny bit lower than the PF. A tiny bit higher is not good

#1662 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm guessing 1.0 will be finished code.
Spidey VE shipped with code 1.0, then had a minor fix with code 1.01

Well, its a great update for me from .65

But it has a LONG ways to go

And i have no doubt 1.0 will be fantastic

#1674 7 years ago

I kind of like the code progression. Especially with Lyman and seeing how the pin evolves.

It was the same way with TWD and that turned out great

Although it did ship with better code

#1684 7 years ago

This pin a downright addicting! Even with early code is shaping up nicely. Logged another 1 hr on it.

#1706 7 years ago

The EB animation is in a word AWESOME!

There is so much left to program into this beauty. All of the mini villains, additional modes, EB's, callouts, clips, Wizard, mini wizard etc....The F ing music is also great

This pin is so much fun and addicting. Quite honestly I'm surprised.

.65 to .69 is a world of difference. Lyman is simply the best!!! So much nuance at such an early stage.

Theme and immersion thereof will be off the F ing charts! On the heels of TWDLE and GBLE I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Scoring should balance out too like it did on TWD.

#1708 7 years ago

I know I'm being picky here but man I'd love to see the bomb sequence from the movie instead of the animation. Nevertheless I still think it's a great addition.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm sure they have so many more show clips to drop in there.

Initially, honestly, I was thinking Uh Oh, just not enough there layout wise but holy cow wow factor, I'm seeing what this pin can really be ala TWD, but even so much better.

TWDLE was a pin that was just brutal and not a whole lot of fun to just flip but had so much potential because the layout was unique. It was hard and took a LONG time to master.

BM66LE is just great FUN to flip, much like GBLE and I didn't think it would be from day one because of the layout.

Now its like its just simple genius with a whole lot of nuance and potential?

Theme and immersion.

#1724 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Absolutely agree. Huge difference.

You guys think it makes that big of a difference?

Guess I'll order it.

#1750 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone hit up Stern for the improved left wireform plastic cover that we saw being installed on the premiums during a factory tour?

It came on my pin. No rattle in the ramp either.

#1766 7 years ago

I'll check mine tonight re plastic and why no rattle.

Ramp is really smooth. Love that shot

#1773 7 years ago

I still have some ramp flyoffs every now and then. Ball is going so fast it just hops the rail. Doesn't seem like anything different, no spacers underneath back of ramp. Did have a big game though.

IMG_5990 (resized).jpgIMG_5990 (resized).jpg

#1784 7 years ago

Hoping for another software update next week!

I'm not a flow junkie but this pin is really awesome.

#1805 7 years ago

I just used my handy self adhesive felt to protect shooter lane.

I've done nothing else to it yet as far as protection goes. I'll add some cling vinyl in the ramp drops.

What about the scoop? Mylar for that area anybody?

#1812 7 years ago

Not sure what you guys are envisioning on the wireforms but count me in. I'm down with the group!

I'm in pin heaven right now. I've never had so much fun with a group of pins as I've had with my last 3 Stern pins.

BM66 is a blast now to me, Lyman is going to crush it like he did on TWD. And with the LCD. I'm thrilled with it.

2 weeks later
#1971 7 years ago

They will send out new assembly asap

Then you gotta install it. I went through the same thing

#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I haven't examined mine. You've probably looked at the assembly a lot closer - how well do you think it's going to hold up over time?

Honestly, it's a beast and seems very sturdy. Maybe the issues happened in transit with the pin getting beat up and bounced around? Who knows, but it's worked flawlessly ever since i got the new one installed.

Gotta make sure its leveled properly.

#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Lyman has been working on nothing but BM66 as George says then I wouldn't be surprised to see both implemented into code.
It's been just over a month since the last update and something tells me Lyman possibly had those previous couple of updates ready to go and tested prior to releasing them, so he could have been working on this next update longer than just the last four weeks since the last update, either way there is a good chance this next update could be pretty substaintial and a game changer.

I agree, game changer coming. It's just flipping it around fun time right now. I've put up a couple of huge scores but its meaningless until we get more beef going here.

The shots on this pin feel really good, when Lyman does his thing its gonna be another classic.

#2068 6 years ago

Reminds me of TWD a little bit. Lyman gave us another goal to shoot for with Wizard mode. LONG ways to go obviously and looking forward to the progression.

Won't get to play it until Sunday when i get back home! Looking forward to your comments.

1 week later
#2126 6 years ago

Very nice mods Doc

Batphone and wall are my favorites

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And if they believe that he will be given time to polish it out into a masterpiece, I have a bridge to sell you.

That's a pretty ignorant statement.

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Speaking of code....I played a proto WOZ ......barely....it was terrible. But I loved the machine and knew Keefer on the code, so I went through the same process ( saying this because it appears you own one, as do I). I have similar faith in Lyman, and love this machine.

Batman will go down as the game that is absolutely awesome when its done by Lyman.

Despite such early code its already a ton of FUN.

Said it many times, I've heard the same BS with TWD.

The idiots and naysayers (not talking about you Vireland) that don't own it and don't have a F ing clue are simply jealous haters.

There is a shitload of great stuff coming on this pin!

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm one of the most patient people in the world. But I have to admit, the game is losing a little luster as the months go by and it's still in beta code form. I know in the end it will be great, but expected a little more with each code drop.

My previous comments notwithstanding, I agree 100% with you Odin, the code and pace of updates are F ing VERY frustrating.

And i would have expected a WHOLE LOT more with the last code update. Very minimal.

But again, Lyman always comes through with the omg I can't believe how great it is update.

We see what's in there and we know what's coming. Yep, need to pick up the pace.

1 week later
#2259 6 years ago

There is a LONG ways to go.

Aside from the villains, the callouts, video and audio clips can make this pin great. Overload it and generate some randomness in the video and audio clips.

#2286 6 years ago

For me I don't find the game as challenging to shoot.

Makes the perfect complement for me sitting next to TWDLE and GBLE

I'll say one thing, playing that TWD as much as I did for over a year made me a much better pinball player. You either get better or it crushes you

#2298 6 years ago

Ok I've got the beer iced down now and I'm all set for a great drop!!

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Id suggest to start drinking now. If there isnt a code drop by the end of the day you'll have drunk enough that you wont care.

That is the plan Doc!

Just popped a top and turning em all on today.

It's gonna be a pin festivus

#2306 6 years ago

Maybe it's all part of the grand plan.

I just sprung for an ASLE today.

Never planned on that one. That'll give me another one to explore while Lyman blows it out

I'm smitten with the LCD, art and light show

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. I did too. Literally placed the order today.

Haha, yep!

I feel like one of those experimental lab rats tapping on the cocaince dispenser. Gotta have more!

1 week later
#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im really looking at buying a BM66. Im wondering how deep the code actually is right now? Is there any wizard modes coded yet? How long does it take to play through the entire game, basicly dont want to see the entire game in the first few days like Hobbit.

I'd wait for the next code drop then. It will be a great pin when Lyman finishes it.

#2479 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Iceman which game out of AS and BM66 has more shots? Ive played them both at release but wasnt thinking id be shopping for either.

I think AS has more shots and variety, a bit more difficult, I've got the LE and really like the integration of the upper pf, some people don't. Never intended on getting AS but man it has the wow factor too.

BM66 is easier to shoot with longer shots and easy ramps and open PF. On the other hand, the turn table is really cool and has several shots in its own right. I really love em both. Gotta believe Lyman will make BM66 super deep whereas AS is fine as it is, medium depth.

1 week later
#2527 6 years ago

Theme and integration thereof. TWD had a fantastic layout imo from day one but Lyman made it come to life and it became a great pin.

BM66 I think will be even better overall in terms of theme immersion and what Lyman is able to do with it using that LCD.

The layout is so different with the turn table and its potential use with Villain Vision, etc.

I also have an ASLE which is great but BM66 is gonna be special.

1 week later
#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's definitely better than .71, though.

Still not ready for route yet. You need to hold it back a while longer!

1 week later
#2686 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I bought a beach house so I could have 7 more. Wife wanted a beach house and I said as long as it has a big garage for pins. She said no pins at the beach so I said no beach house then. She suddenly decided to see it my way.
Paulo is a good name.

I've got a beach house too. No issues from wife on my end!

However, everything down there will rust out, gotta be careful where you drop them.

#2749 6 years ago

Yeah it's very cool to be a part of one of the last projects Adam West was involved in.

A good piece of a great legacy for him

The callouts and signed cards are super cool

You guys that got to meet him at Expo was a great experience

So glad I have this pin

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's an awesome game, nice long shots, great flow and the shots themselves are great, the batcave lock gives you an awesome feeling ripping up that right orbit and locking in the turntable and I love the shot through the Batmobile spinner and out into the left orbit and those ramps are lighting fast!

Really is a cool pin right? Congrats Jon

I've intentionally shut mine down until the next code update

Still loving it but want the fresh excitement!

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

For the anniversary game and all the Gomez promises this can't possibly be true

Patience is one thing but this would be F ing ridiculous

It's possible this next update will be near final and they will call it 1.0 whether it is or not

I'm still going with "In Lyman we trust"

#2921 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nah it won't. Pinball people have the worst memory of any people I have ever met!!
New release - Take my money!!!
I hope BM66 isn't finished with yet ...
rd

We are a fickle group, no doubt.

But if you want to see the biggest meltdown ever IF they drop the ball on this then stay tuned, I've already got the ice chest ready to go.

I'm chill and patient right now but I agree with Frolic, it seems to be taking a bit longer than promised.

Why? Stern is cranking out games at a fast pace right now.

Maybe just a little verbal update from them even if its a F you!

We are always just left to guess when the next code update is coming despite what Gomez promised.

#2945 6 years ago

Let's all chant

Lyman F ing Sheets!

#2976 6 years ago

You guys are gonna love it RD!

#3007 6 years ago

I double checked Sterns site and the PRE topper is supposed to be interactive with gameplay. Again mine doesn't do anything. I'm hoping that when my other beacon arrives it will come to life.

That's the same thing they said with TWD topper. Doesn't do much

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That Super LE sold for $14k on eBay. I thought these were supposed to sell for 1/2 price according to the army of haters. Still $1k short of original price, but that's not bad given the game is not finished.

Yep, i'm loving the unique turn table and layout.

It's a gorgeous pin and the LCD clips, callouts and additional modes will make this a great pin.

240 is actually "limited". You see very few of these for sale and as it gets finished and becomes entrenched in people's collection it should hold its value fairly well.

#3056 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I put the cliffy protector in the scoop.
I got a ton of rejects.
I'm taking the cliffy protector out of the scoop.

Had to take same type cliffy out of INDY500

Way to many rejects

I'm going to put the self adhesive felt down along the border

Works great in shooter lane too

1 week later
#3210 6 years ago

1000% agree.

This is a wtf moment

Here comes SW with what seems to be nearly full blown code.

Why, after they made the Expo $$ grab, which is fine and I participated in, are we still at this point in the software?

Yes I know it will end up being awesome with typical Lyman but seriously, its a wtf moment!

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well no game code dropped which was pretty disappointing. If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.
Obviously don't hound him but anyone who's attending could politely ask Lyman what's the plan for BM66 code, more likely to get an honest answer from him than George, fact he just liked a Facebook post by neilmcrae and gave no response was lame!

Very disappointing.

Dwight has coded GB and SW, 2 of the last 4 pins.

Maybe..........

We can get a "substantial" update sooner than later. Like you say, somebody ask Lyman at Pintastic and report back. He won't bite you.

#3224 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im at the show and lyman wasnt here yesterday. I hope he comes today.
There are no Batman66's at the show at all so Gabe asked if I could put my LE in the Project Pinball booth for $1 donation to them per play. I would have loved to but I still havent recieved my replacement node board yet so I couldn't bring it.

Which board are you waiting on Doc?

I'm getting a new topper node board.

#3229 6 years ago

I'm on my 3rd beacon and counting. Every single one I've gotten from Stern has been scratched to hell.

My topper is in excellent shape. Just doesn't work

The dip switch sequence was set wrong at the factory, reset it properly, the LEd light is on but nothing

#3334 6 years ago

Franchi is doing art on next Kapow

What's pathetic is that I'm sure they have Lyman focused on Elvira 3 pre launch

Why not finish up BM66 and ship Elvira with no F ing code.

Wtf

#3339 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You have inside sources about the kapow game or is this just a guess?

He said it himself in an interview

#3344 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can say for a fact that is not the case yet. I can't say what tomorrow will bring, but unless I was lied to on multiple levels in face-to-face discussions and visually deceived as well, he is still very much dedicated to BM66 code.

I'll never doubt Lyman. Just a matter of time

A bit frustrating though

#3352 6 years ago

Lyman trumps Stern, always has.

He will never let his work get F ed, especially in today's world.

2 weeks later
#3591 6 years ago

F

Changed out node board and still topper doesn't work

After sending topper itself for review

Not a topper guy but I'd like for it to work

Can anybody tell me what the dip setting are on that little node board on top left corner of back box?

#3597 6 years ago

I appreciate it Mark and Hank!

Haven't done the up, down, up, down yet

Jon, I went into service menu. Node board 8?

#3599 6 years ago

It does but nothing says topper.

It's getting power but maybe not recognized

Boards 8-12 are

#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Odd I am pretty sure mine said topper, hopefully hank and mark can check since they are at home.
Maybe process of elimination, if #8 is the only one not named that's your boy.

Yeah it's playfield 1, play field 2, on way home to try again

#3604 6 years ago

Shit that's weird. I don't have a Node 13 but I have 11 and 12?

#3607 6 years ago

Yep. You guys are right

Mine isn't recognizing The board I installed earlier. No #13

My board only shows red power light on top.

Mark had two red leds.

Oh well, I'll call Monday. Thx guys!

#3608 6 years ago

Hmmm

IMG_6613 (resized).JPGIMG_6613 (resized).JPG

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did you change the dip switch config to match mine?....that's how they ID each other...

I went with yours and Taz pattern and nada

That lower red Led isn't lit. Upper one is

Should still recognize the board because it's getting power?

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

He's got the up/down/up/ down config like mine...

Yep. Must be something else. I'll have to call
Chas again on Monday

Thx again guys!

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ice any chance if your registering node boards #11 & #12 (which none of us seem to have) instead of #13 that the board Stern gave you is the wrong one? Does your board look the same as MK & Taz?

Sorry, i just imagined that i guess! No 11 or 12.

Something else is wrong, the first board only lit the top Led red.

That bottom white LED doesn't light up on mine either like it does on Mark's.

My board is shown above with the one red Led lit up top. I can't find anything else messed up.

Have a Jaeger for me Mark! Oh wait, i can have one for myself

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm kind of concerned about that cable.......
Doug....technically you have to drink 2 to catch up....then we can carry on ( sort of)...

Hehe, I'll work on that right away!

#3625 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is what I found, posted last night...I find it odd that if indeed, it's node board #13, why does it only show 3 positions in diagnostics, when in fact, its a 4 setting switch ( both yours and mine identical)....guess that 4th dip is not used?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I looked at Stern manual and there are 3 dip node boards but not seemingly on this pin? Weird.

Quoted from Manimal:

ust a Longshot ice, but did you try reloading the code after you added the new board?

Gonna try that idea too. Tried a new data cable, not it.

Thanks Hank, whatever is driving that second red LED on the lower left isn't happening on BOTH boards I've installed now.

Maybe code update will work, i still haven't gone to .75 so here we go.

#3630 6 years ago

Beers are iced down for weekend code update!

Here's hoping

#3632 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope you've got enough beer to take you to Labor day, ice.

Haha, yep Odiner, running out of beer ain't gonna be a problem around here

#3634 6 years ago

Fyi, for future reference if anybody else has the same issue down the road:

It turns out my Node Board 13 is NOW being recognized.

Why? I unplugged the topper wiring. Then i plugged in ONLY the red and blue wiring and the red beacon is flashing!

Next, i plug in orange and brown connectors and NOTHING.

Turns out I have possibly the wrong Node board, there are two, one that came with the LE and one that didn't? Wtf?

So that is great news, closer to resolving my problem with a different board!!! Hopefully.

You guys know I've had a shit ton of issues with the turn table fiasco and topper BUT i freaking LOVE this pin. Now updated to .75 and it will no doubt be one of my all time favorites when Lyman knocks it out.

#3637 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since I am permanently banned from the entire Stern subforum even after taking the plunge on Batman and Metallica, I hope you guys don't mind me dropping into the club thread now and then even though I don't own either anymore. But I still have a Stern Stars if that counts.
Gryzzz and I are rejected buddies now.

Hell yeah, you and Gryzz are top notch and two of my favorites!

See how this journey turns out.

#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think Batman 66 has the best theme integration out of all the Stern machines.

1000% Agreed. Lcd and overall feel is special. Twd is right there too and only lacks the Lcd.

This pin is going to do a 180 sales wise when the code is done

#3710 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

But those didn't have the burden of a $700 - $900 MSRP price increase compared to other premiums it was competing against. Maybe dealers can mark BM66 price down to match the other premiums? Not sure if Stern allows them to do that though.

Excellent point.

They will have to lower the premium pricing to be competitive with other premiums if they want to sell big numbers.

The turn table mech is as complicated and probably more costly than ANY toy or mech ever produced.

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hope we see code next week.

I'm thinking Labor Day code drop

#3731 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

After playing some more BM66 this weekend, and comparing it against the SWLE footage I've seen, I've concluded BM66 is way superior to it for theme integration, and I believe the fun factor will be way higher on BM66 when it is done. I've cancelled my SWLE order as I just don't have any excitement for it, but I can't wait for the big code drop for batman.

Yep, exact same thing for me.

I've already gone through a couple of iced down beer chests in anticipation of the code drop party.

I'm going to prepare another one for this weekend, and I'll drink em anyway, would be MUCH better while on the BM66 pin.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm with you Doug!!! Jaeger didn't bring code last week, maybe buffalo trace will do the trick this weekend......I will be a team player and rotate accordingly, until it finally drops!!!!

Good point Mark! This calls for the REALLY good tequila opening for good luck

#3738 6 years ago

I'm just gonna put this out there, the turn table mech is one of my favorite integrated toys (or whatever you want to call it) on any pin I've played.

#3741 6 years ago

The turntable is pretty great. I wish I could stop getting airballs off of the targets though. My switch 'through' the batmobile is kinda flakey too. When it all works, it's awesome.
I wouldn't say that it's "only on Thursdays" for new code; I think it's more "not on Fridays", making Thursday the last hopeful day.

Thirsty Thursday is good!

I'm not getting any airballs off my targets. I've had my share of problems with this pin but is has a GREAT FEEL to it.

I could care less about f ing "tournament play", I care about what's in my home and this is great immersion already.

This is a LYMAN game, period.

The sounds, callouts, lighting, nostalgia, etc.....what's not to like. So awesome.

Plus we have a game at the end of an icon's life in Adam West. Every time I play it I look at the autographed card on the LE first.

Smooth and more greatness to come.

#3745 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

People have greatly underestimated this very cool toy. Hell, the first real " wow" factor in Code came from the batmobile spin mode, which blindsided us all.......when that TV starts interacting, things are going to get really, really fun!!!

Yep, just the beginning Mark. Bat turn is nice, so much more to come.

I'm really basing everything I do going forward on OUR vision of what this pin can and will be.

No doubt Lyman kills it.

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

How many of you have DI and BM66?

Honestly Cheese, I could care less about DI and that theme. Non starter for me.

This is the BM66 club thread, you want a DI, hit those threads. No offense.

#3789 6 years ago

I was glad to see Gomez respond and actually communicate some excellent info.

It's about time they defend what they do and punch back. Not excusing their mistakes, just saying.

#3830 6 years ago

Glad you guys love the paint.

Dare I say it, this is already one of my favorite pins, when Lyman gets it done, I feel like it will be BETTER than TWD for me.

It's nostalgic immersive greatness.

#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Next problem, I press select but test doesn't start.

You probably have a bad node board. #8 if i recall.

Is the assembly turning at all?

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

The wires got pulled up in the motor and bent the plastic stopper and broke the solder on one of the diodes on that board under the motor. Have to call stern for a replacement

Yep. Thought that might be it too.

Same thing happened to mine. Had a mangled mess with wiring caught in motor.

Had to get whole new assembly

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I think I was able to save the wires ok so hopefully just getting a new board will get me back. I really love the way it plays so far with just a few games.

Very nice! I'm sure the new board will work. Glad you don't have to replace the whole mech, its a monster!

Welcome to the club.

#3928 6 years ago

Seriously doubt it's a super hero pin

If it is, I'm out

#3938 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They asked people a while back -
I am guessing Beatles - Yellow Submarine.
They have 8 themes to choose from:
Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

Yep, I gave feedback on that request

After Franchi interview I agree and said then too, good chance it's Beatles yellow sub

Willy Wonka one of most successful slots ever

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kapow have done a stand alone Superman 78 slot (its in the link I posted above), maybe it's a coincidence but it looks exactly the same as the Batman 66 slot almost a re-theme of sorts.

That's what they do with some slots, just re skin the machine with another theme and code

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Exactly! Also, how about a little solidarity in not caving to throwing pre-order money at Stern's next shiny object until BM66 gets a lot more Stern love?

Oh it will. Or it better.

By Labor Day update for sure. That's my go crazy deadline.

It's Lyman.

#3965 6 years ago

Trust me Odiner, I never run out of beer!

And i have several bottles of tequila ready to go as well. Just rattled off several games on BM66, GB and AS, so i will be ready!

#3978 6 years ago

They hire Sharpe in marketing and move Jody somewhere which is fine BUT

They need some F ing programming help if they keep pumping out titles

#4082 6 years ago

BM66 is my favorite game to play right now too.

This F er is going to be awesome on the next code drop!

#4097 6 years ago

Got my replacement topper today

So yeah that's something exciting for me

I'll Ck the box and see if the code update for all of us is in there! I'll let you know

#4107 6 years ago

Just topped 3.6 Billion on awesomely fun game!

I'm afraid to ask this question.

Does the topper do anything beyond attract mode? At least i have that working now!

No lights during gameplay.

I'm taking a mid week beer break right now, I'm LOVING this pin.

#4111 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

On the SLE, the bat signal lights up when the phone is ringing.

Ok let me check that now. Bat signal is flashing in attract mode.

Please lord let it work. I've been through many boards, toppers and wiring

Actually, I'm talking about the topper, not the bat signal.

Topper does nothing during gameplay. Not gonna worry about it. I'll wait for code update rather than reinstall.

#4137 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Seriously, what could they say that any of us would believe? I have zero faith in any further verbal updates, promises, etc. Until the code shows up, everything else is an empty promise.

I would believe Lyman. Why don't they let him post an update as to where he's at and his own eta on the next code update?

Pretty f ing simple.

#4138 6 years ago

I'm a bit more worried about Hurricane Harvey right now. It's barreling down on Port Aransas, a barrier island just north of Corpus Christi.

I've got a house there and just hope it survives! Should be ok, in a development and house is a bit back from the dunes, not right on beach thankfully.

We are gonna get flooded up here in Boerne too.

I stocked up on beer for the weekend, wife is taking oldest daughter back up to school and it will be a long rain soaked pinball weekend for me.

#4160 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The problem is that Stern does not consider those that actually buy their games to play their customer base. The distributors are Stern's customers. Everyone else is treated as an annoying byproduct.

If they really think that then they have their collective heads so far up their asses its beyond stupid!

They better F ing figure it out fast.

People like Josh Sharpe better be able to make a difference. If he thinks that his main priority is to manage and take care of the distributors and not us customers then its going to end badly.

The idea that they don't communicate because they think they can get away with abandoning code down the road is also perhaps one of the most IDIOTIC F ING concepts i can even imagine.

My patience meter is on F ing empty!

My $$$ is going to AFMLE instead of SWLE.

#4161 6 years ago

Pinball machines have issues, require maintenance, tweaking, etc... that's never gonna change.

Stern has 100% control over whether or not CODE gets proper updating and gets to completion. Why they keep F ing themselves is beyond me. Good lord, go back and take a Sales and Marketing course for crying out loud.

I am F ing done with Stern if the communication about code updates doesn't change, and I'm talking about real F ing timelines, not "every two week until its done".

#4163 6 years ago

Ok rant over. Didn't mean to dump on club thread

Time to start drinking. It might be easier to take watching my house float away tonight

Harvey path is going bullseye straight over my house in Port Aransas, just north of Corpus. Wtf!

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not really that unbelievable. Aerosmith had clearly been pushed back to get BM66 out for the expo party and that's why it is a much more polished game. Borg has likely been done with his part of AS for a long time. It's a very poorly kept secret the Lyman is at least to some extent already working on Elvira. Doesn't mean he's not also working on BM66.
What I've heard is listed below. GOTG is definitely next and is definitely Borg. The next 3 could come in any order as all 3 have been cooking for a while.
GOTG Borg, (unknown coder but likely Lonnie, and hopeful;;y ZY art)
Elvira 3 Dennis, Greg, Lyman (rumored to be the next super LE)
Trudeau next Kapow game either Beatles or Munsters
Mark Ritchie Pulp Fiction
Keith Iron Maiden?
Now hurry up and finish BM66 as I won't buy one until it is a lot closer to complete.

I think Trudeau and Yeti have teamed up again on Iron Maiden

Keith and Franchi on Kapow

We shall see!

#4171 6 years ago

Yeah just saw that

Adios Trudeau. Pos

#4223 6 years ago

I'm gonna try some reverse psychology here

Lyman, DO NOT release code for Labor weekend

I don't care and don't want to be bothered with it

#4227 6 years ago

Hey Ice! Did u make it thru Harvey in one piece?

My house in Port Aransas survived Harvey in great shape! Much of the town was destroyed, like our neighbor Rockport. Can't believe the destruction when you see it first hand.

Wasn't really worried about my house though, its just stuff, the local people that are suffering that have lost their homes, jobs and businesses is horrendous.

Not to mention the horrible suffering going on in Houston.

We all come together and help each other though. I'm heading down this weekend again to see what i can do. The redneck army is a powerful force!

#4241 6 years ago

Labor day weekend

A month ago I said i'd be shocked if we didn't have an update by Labor Day

Well, I'm getting prepared to be shocked.

Not that it will do any good but i will call distro and Stern on tuesday to express to them the total disappointment of another non code drop milestone.

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next boutique, high priced effort from Kaminkow"?

As much as i'd want it i won't get it if i don't get some kind of update.

EDIT: Thx Manimal, see what you can find out, let them know the Batman army patience meter is gone

#4259 6 years ago

For years I've been continuously amazed at the horrendous marketing and client communication for both Stern and JJP.

Ever since Jack stopped BS ing people by telling us what we wanted to hear versus the truth they have gotten at least a little better.

Well whoops, forgot about the DICE mystery

I refuse to believe that Stern wants to keep working towards destroying loyal customer relationships.

What business does that! A very stupid one

When, not if, this economy hits another recession and disposable income isn't going to pinball machines how are these guys going to make it then after screwing over so many loyal customers

Literally blows my mind how F ing bad they are

#4261 6 years ago

We all know Lyman is going to deliver.

Given from day one. Why I bought and I don't blame him.

I'm sure Stern has him spread thin.

But you don't launch your 25th anniversary game with all the fanfare and $$$ grab and then take a huge dump on the people that supported it!!!

Just pure crap on their part. Communicate

#4289 6 years ago

Sadly, we are all freaking about code drop on a pinball machine. In the grand scheme of things, pretty pathetic.

We know its going to happen sooner than later.

Seems trivial to everything else that is going on right now and I'm kind of personally ashamed by my own complaining, I don't want it to sink me down and get the best of me. Just not worth worrying about.

I get it, I'm frustrated for spending all that $$$ too, shame on Stern but I accept full responsibility for my own decisions knowing full well what might happen.

Only thing i can do is react accordingly in the future.

Until then, plenty of other games to play. More importantly, plenty of other life issues to be focused on.

1 week later
#4540 6 years ago

Love the ramp work Mark!

Back from a blowout Vegas football weekend. Big fantasy football drafts! No time to get over to Freemont's pins at NYNY this time.

And of course it was my wife and I's anniversary. Major props to her for hanging out for football. Of course there was plenty of slots for her to blow $$$ on, small price to pay.

Won a few bucks on the Batman slot machine. New Sharknado slot was fun.

Not even gonna ask for a code drop this week. It's gotta be coming soon enough now?!

#4590 6 years ago

You couldn't have made a better decision than to cancel your SW for an AFMR. CGC did one helluva job on that one. Enjoy your birthday!

I did too!

Now it's time to code it up

I'm thinking Lyman is Fing with us right now

Pre Expo for sure

If not, I will never buy another Stern pin again!

Not kidding

#4641 6 years ago

IF TWD is any indication the topper won't really do anything

I hope Lyman surprises us

There can't be any way code doesn't drop before Expo right?

#4647 6 years ago

Reminder to self

"In Lyman we trust"

It will be flat out awesome

#4675 6 years ago

Every little cluster of posts excites me a little bit. Code update blues.

#4765 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I think I'm going to see if I can light these and how they look on the right side near shooter. The batmobile just seems redundant with the car already at the spinner.

Yes! Would look awesome

Like AlienLE, my mind is "comfortably numb" to the idea of a code update now

#4828 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Scuttle Butt is before Expo, so I am hoping with so many folks saying the same thing it is true. I am also told Lyman has been doing all of his code himself, and they have finally hired him a "code helper" such as some of the other developers have. Someone can verify that at expo, but it is good news if true.

They need to hire some F ing help.

Bunch of BS. How do you sell product and not support it adequately.

NOT acceptable.

#4847 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks to all on the Joker adjustment ideas. I will give it a try today and hope this goes away.

Let me know what works, I'm having the same issue. Dead foam might be easiest fix?

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cool. I did everything in that game, Villain Escape, bat turns, 3 multiballs, multipliers, 100m + bonuses ..
And there'll be more to do in the new update. Noice!!
rd

I think i've hit 4 billion or so. Pretty cool game right? You timed the update just right.

#5007 6 years ago

The last weekend of disappointment has arrived!

This time next week we will be playing some updated code on our beloved Batman

I'm pulling out the 20 yr aged 100% agave for this event!

#5009 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ya got enough beer, ice?

Always my man!

Getting caught up on Mr Mercedes tonight

#5066 6 years ago

It's a 1000% probability of a code update at Expo

No excuses left

#5070 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Didn't see any BM66 tonight, but the place is crawling with Star Wars. Anyone who says that game isn't selling well is very mis-informed.

It's just the Pinside Stern haterrazzi always chiming in

I bet they are selling the shit out of it

We don't care about seeing BM66 pins Manimal, did you happen to find the missing code!

#5077 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless they can do an effective relaunch of the game with new code, BM66 may be Stern's worst selling title since WWE.

Total relaunch coming at Expo.

#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First question to Gary tomorrow at 6pm:
"Where the hell is the Batman code?"

It better be on the website to download by then.

#5270 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He says the 2 weeks announcement was a mistake, he shouldn't have said it. He said him and Lyman are dedicated to making it a great game.
New code is on the show floor.

Well, at least random people at Expo will get to play the new code before we do

It sounds like current and future code situation "is what it is"

Basically said not enough people in the studio to keep up with the workload and doing the best that they can

#5274 6 years ago

Unless it's a major theme must have for me I'll be waiting to buy in the future when code is actually complete.

Plenty of other options right now

If that's what it takes for them to keep the lights on then so be it. Now we know

#5283 6 years ago

I'm not blaming Lyman or anybody really. Kind of hard to believe he's been exclusive to this and we are at .80 code

I wonder why Batman is so challenging versus so AS or SW?

#5296 6 years ago

When you put out the 30th anniversary game AND you charge what you charge for it, they clearly should have just waited until this Expo to release it. Sorry but there aren't really excuses, they themselves created the expectations

But you heard him, they have to keep the line moving and as Frolic said it's the "nutcases" like us that have kept it rolling

#5335 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I just played the new JJP pirates and have to say the features are amazing on this one. So much stuff to do. If I was Stern I would be very concerned about losong a lot of future Stern LE/Premium buyers to JJP games.

Yep, I'm one of em.

Wasn't about to buy DI but POTC looks great and that will be my next pin. I'm off the Stern Nib train for now.

#5371 6 years ago

Well, after watching both presentations last night I put a deposit down on a Potc CE

Why? I am excited about it much like I was with BM66.

I agree with others, I'm not sure Stern is even aware of what's going on around them with the sentiment now

To see what JJP did and then hear the excuses that Stern gave doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Furthermore, it almost feels like a poke in the eye that we didn't get the code update BEFORE Expo! Wtf?

It's supposedly coming next week. .80?

Oh well, good to have great choices

#5414 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow. Does anyone believe Lyman is 100 percent on BM66?
I cannot believe it. Supposedly Elvira will be close to done or finished in a few months and Lyman is coding. Just cannot believe it.
Plus the code update doesn't seem great. Seems fair at best.

No way, doesn't pass the smell test! Actually smells like a big steaming pile of turd if you ask me.

Like Mark and others, I refuse to believe they would even consider abandoning BM66. I still believe it will be great eventually.

We bought it, we are stuck with it so why not make the best of it!

.80 code tells me Lyman has been working on every other title and a little bit on BM66.

Remember, its all about keeping the line moving and BM66 ain't gonna get that done.

#5426 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

At expo last year, Gary seemed indifferent to the title,

Why would he launch it as the 30th yr anniversary pin? Just a $$$ grab for him?

#5447 6 years ago

Thanks for the info Manimal, I agree that they all seem like really good guys doing their best. I'm just not gonna believe though that Lyman has been dedicated to BM66 since last expo, that would be a terrible business move on Stern's part. I guess we will see when coding credits come out on future games.

This is ALL Stern's OWN DOING! I can feel sorry for the individuals BUT as nice as George is he's running daily operations at Stern now. He, Gary and the rest of the beancounters bear the responsibility.

You guys remember last year at Expo when we all wanted to see the BM66 reveal and play it and Lyman wouldn't let it happen because the state of the code was in terrible shape, he's a proud coder, yet it got shoved out there anyhow.

STERN made this ALL about a freaking $$$$$ grab. As much as i love my BM66, it is what it is.

Let's NOT FORGET, Stern went as follows on PRICING:

GBLE $8,000
BM66LE $10,000
BM66SLE $15,000
ASLE $8,300
SWLE $8,500

It's THEIR business, with all due respect, I don't really want to hear F ing EXCUSES (again, not the employees fault)! As a business owner myself i find it hard to believe what the F i'm hearing!!! Management doesn't respect their CUSTOMERS and worse, take us for granted, it's pretty F ing clear.

If I sell my services for X and then tell my clients, sorry guys, these legal, tax and financial issues are really complicated with the new laws and products, bear with me, I'll eventually deliver what i promise, MAYBE.

What a GOOD business does is WHATEVER IT TAKES to implement the system they put in place, SPIKE, get their shit together and get it done!

What I'm hearing is that the owners and management DON'T and WON'T put the CUSTOMER FIRST. See above pricing and then following results.

That's the bottom line, period end of story.

The presentation they gave was PATHETIC. They should have come out and addressed every single issue up front. We the CUSTOMER, shouldn't have to ask the questions! One guy asked a BM66 question, very respectfully i might add, yet so many more needed to be asked and answered.

On the other hand, you had JJ and the multi millionaire investor himself, Abess, standing up on the stage putting WE the CUSTOMER FIRST, in their own words (yes i understand all the differences and you know i've been very critical of JJP) and so far they are delivering.

I've been probably the most vocal Stern defender and JJP critic over the last year.

After this Expo and digesting what has happened over the past year and the contrast between the two presentations, I'm simply tired of all of the EXCUSES from management (again no offense to the great individuals that work there)

You heard JJP talk about delivering the quality and code that WE want. You see that in how Keith and crew are getting it done.

You heard Gomez talk about "making a pass" on this game or that game. Sorry, the VIBE is totally different folks.

Bottom line, i love my Stern pins HOWEVER, the pricing above, continuos excuses and delays, attitudes toward the customer, etc. mean no more NIB for me.

Yeah i know, they don't really care. It's what they do, take us for GRANTED. Sadly, we as a community, and the BM66 group is the greatest example, great people, great mods and ideas, have much more PASSION about their products than management seems to have.

Back to BM66, looking forward to greatness!

#5454 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I think personally, Stern is over working itself,trying to justify that big new place they are now in!!

Does it matter? Nope, put the products out there, charge the increasing prices, make the promises, get it F ing done, PERIOD. No excuses.

That said, I'll ALWAYS stick by "In Lyman we trust" and zero concern about it eventually getting done.

#5489 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Go back and read this thread or any number of others. Then put yourself in their shoes and really try to see it from their perspective. If they say anything at all they are lying and covering things up because everyone seems to know more than the people actually making the machines. I am not saying I or you would operate the same way they do, but I do understand their stance somewhat. Giving is a timeline isn't going to make the code come faster. But when all is said and done, I do think they learned a valuable lesson about putting games out with almost no code. I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would say the delay of the next game announcement was at least partially to get more complete code at launch.

I would say the "delay" is to get more of the SW and BM66 games sitting in dealer inventory sold first.

They need to get their shit together fast. No excuses.

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Possibly...i really don't know that motivation for sure, but it is what I suspect. I think SW is selling a lot better than you think. I know it is out earning about everything else on route right now.

I'm sure its out earning on route. It really should. It's Star Wars.

But Gary needs a punch in the nuts right about now. The HUO LE/premium market ain't selling for that one except to Boobie

I really hope they get their shit together because if they think SW is really the answer then they are F ed.

#5527 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Being new to this, I'm of a mindset that I would rather be playing a 0.75 BM66 LE than sitting around, typing on my computer all day long, complaining about code not being quick enough, being lied to, etc. I didn't realize that there were so many "children" playing pinball these days. I have better things to do, than to complain about something I can do nothing about at this point, like play pinball! And if you are so unhappy with Stern, than don't ever buy another one of their machines. But, for people that are new to this hobby and who want to learn about mods, gameplay, have questions, etc., it's very disappointing when most of the posts are about how disappointed you are with code and Stern. Most posts are nothing more than pure speculation about Stern's intentions, is Lyman doing this or that, who's working on what....man, it gets old. I understand the importance of code and I'm sure a lot of you are going to say then don't read this thread. But, I have a better suggestion....why don't all of the complainers and speculators start a new topic/thread on BM66 code and how broken your little hearts are. Then, we can get back to talking about what really matters and what we can actually do something about....playing a really cool game, that in my opinion, is one of the best that will only get better with time. Patience really is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue. Gee thanks for that nugget of wisdom

This has been a great thread. Pay attention

#5534 6 years ago

Great input guys. Never a doubt with Lyman.

To me TWD is the best pin I've ever played and its because of the Borg/Lyman combo.

This game will be great eventually, we all know that. Gonna shelve it and play the others for awhile too.

#5555 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

This IS a great thread, didn't say it wasn't. And, you're welcome for the "nugget"....now you have 3.

Learn something every day

#5571 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

My batmobile turntable seems a bit sluggish, I can’t get too many revolutions (2-3 at most). Is this typical? I recall it spun more freely when I first got it, and I don’t see any obvious adjustment screws.

Make sure wiring isn't getting caught up underneath.

#5578 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you talking about the entire turntable mech? Previous poster was talking about the Batmobile spinner on the turntable I think.

Ahhhhh yes, i was thinking he meant the whole mech.

#5634 6 years ago

UPDATE for me

Spent some more quality time on my TWDLE and it reminded me what a F ing MASTERPIECE it is from Lyman and Borg.

Then i flipped over to BM66 and man i really think it will be as good or better from Lyman due to the theme, campiness and LCD.

The potential is HUGE and I feel when final code drops Stern will have a home run here.

I bought because IN LYMAN WE TRUST!!!!!

#5684 6 years ago

SW .93

Sometimes you just gotta laugh to keep from crying

#5800 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If something doesn't drop this week I hope Gomez addresses it, although at this point he's almost become a compulsive liar when it comes to BM66 and it's code.

They at least owe us an explanation if nothing is coming this week for F's sake.

I'm counting on it but am prepared to be let down again.

#5837 6 years ago

The only thing I would say about this time with Lyman is that due to the amount of $$$ charged and the 30th anniversary pin and the promises maybe it should have been a little more timely?

Stern really F Ed Lyman on this one

I loved TWD from day one and then 435 days later a beautiful masterpiece was finished.

It will happen again.

I love the new mods but at least give us a new bat turn to chew on for a while!

#5949 6 years ago

Hahaha. Yep, went from bitter to elation

Time to download, head home and get my drink on with Batman66!!!!!

#6002 6 years ago

First of all, I love any update and this one has some really cool call outs and video added

Love the extensions, especially Penguin

I do feel like it’s more of the hot mess and janky style right now BUT

It’s so much fun to play.

It has to be 1000% more difficult to code than TWD

In Lyman we trust!

#6006 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lymans last couple of TWD code drops where game changing, it was almost like the code change the layout it went from a clunkfest to a very fluid game requiring you to shoot all areas of the playfield, it's like Lyman coding it with one hand while playing the game with the other each shot sets up the next required to advance current mode or to start next mode all while complimenting the sometimes awkward layout, genius coding.

That’s the beauty of Lyman, he used every piece of real estate on the PF. Like you said every shot counts, and with multiple ways to play it and progress

It’s a masterpiece thing of beauty. I always like TWD from day one, including the different Borg layout. It’s the first pin that made me want to play it non stop. I’ve completed it several times and still go back to play it for a different path. It’s a genius combination of layout and code

To me clunky is missing shots, TWD is brutal and takes a LONG time to get those shots flowing, at least for me

I love my GBLE but that’s the diff between Lyman and Dwight imo. Some shots like the left targets and Newton ball mean very little in the overall progression or risk reward

Unlike the very crucial Blood bath MB!!!

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Question for LE or SLE owners. On the old code the bat logo in the center of the topper would flash during attract mode then in gameplay it would be off. With the new code mine stays on during gameplay. I ask because I was using that lamp to signal my beacon mod to turn on so now its on all the time.

Mine is solid Doc

Getting ready to hop on and explore some more

#6026 6 years ago

I just got through Penguin and Riddler all the way through and almost finished Catwoman. Couldn't start Joker because my target stuck again.

Well, to me its F ing awesome with so much more to come.

Catwoman has some great new video and animations, the bat copter flying across the screen and her reaching around the door etc.

So many more callouts and animations. The mini tv cycles through more stuff along with main LCD in attract mode. I mean come on, the clips and animations are F ing awesome!

Minor villains don't do anything still but should really cap this baby off!

It's Batman, its campy, its awesome, its colorful, its gorgeous, love hearing the West and Ward callouts.

Ok, going back in for more.

Major props to Lyman.

edit: No Doc, red beacon goes off during gameplay, only comes on when bat signal is lit

#6054 6 years ago

Batuzi, assemble specific gadgets to build a Bat belt to improve score or progress when battling villains, a hurry up with those crazy foldable Bat shields, some sort of cool Batgirl mode,”

Exactly! I believe he will do just that

Like Blood bath and the weapons but better

Need to make those targets relevant ala TWD

#6117 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Now that we've seen GotG, I think with Lyman's finished ruleset, BM66 will be the superior game and an incredible theme integration experience that few other pinballs can touch.

1000% agree.

GOTG looks like a game I've played before. Certainly nothing special Imo.

Our BM66 is gonna be timeless and epic.

#6119 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I think it's a bit early to speculate. The truth is, I hope GotG is also timeless and epic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Stern released many games we think are epic? A new golden age? Let's be optimistic instead.

True that. Just saying what it looks like. Need to see it in action and I hope its great BUT I'm sitting this one out.

#6148 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I received mine. Great job on re-creating a complex design thats not only looks great but is also plug and play both electrically and physically within the game.
The mod is well made but I can confirm that it is not 100% dog proof. The package was too big for the mailbox so the mail carrier left it outside the garage door. Unfortunately the dog found it before the kids did.
Are there spare parts available?

Yep Doc, my Dog tore up the speaker mod! What is going on with our dogs.

#6288 6 years ago

Emphasis on........"very unique and innovative"!

"Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"

#6382 6 years ago

Love all the mods, they are great! Tired of F ing talking about them and installing them.

But gotta say, BM66 is coming together VERY nicely!

I have to tell myself again that "In Lyman we trust" because sometimes the patience meter wears a little thin.

And this pin is becoming my FAVORITE PIN guys.

Can you imagine what it will be on Dec code?

It's Lyman genius.

#6411 6 years ago

.81 makes a big difference. I still have lots of sound level issues though. Fewer, but still many.
I like the idea of shooting the GADGET targets as a shot because that just sends the ball into crazy town.

Can you imagine what the next two big updates will do for this pin! Yes, .81 is a big improvement yet only a tiny .1. Lol

Once again, Lyman is creating a game that can be played so many different ways and utilizes everything on the PF.

I spent several games just having fun with advancing on Catwoman and Riddler.

Lyman might actually outdo himself and put BM66 over the top past TWD. With the Lcd its a given.

#6427 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm also hopeful, but I don't think it's a sure thing just yet. We absolutely must have some stuff to do outside of the four primary villains, or it's going to have a chopping wood feeling, no matter what Lyman does. We need Batgirl, Batuzi, better Batbelt / gadget stuff to accelerate game play, etc., to put it over the top. Continue to give it more depth to the 4 primary villains and it'll be okay, but not great. Right now it's cool to go through the depth of Catwoman or Penguin's modes, but it's a dead end afterwards and in my case I'm not good enough to go after more villains. How many times can regular multiball be fun (twice a game lately when I have a great game) when all the shots are green the whole time for points with no other progress apparent goal? Good yes, but not a contender for TWD just yet. I'm probably spoiled having it sit between MMR and TWD, because they are still blowing it away, though the margin has decreased thanks to .81.

That's what I'm saying, you can see the path(s) developing. No woodchopping here. From .81 to 1.0 there is still a whole lot of chicken left on the bone. The stuffing, green bean casserole and Mac and cheese are still in the oven.

Just in time for thanksgiving!

#6473 6 years ago

Are any of you guys actually playing the game on .81! It rocks.

Anybody else notice the "bat boat" driving across the screen? Looks awesome. Just had a really good game, got through Cat woman and Joker and captured Riddler prematurely.

Also, on my second multi ball award Steve Ritchie is standing on the pier for a split second!

#6519 6 years ago

Man this is becoming TWD all over again for me.

In a different way though.

TWD was hard as F, the layout is brutal and Lyman crushed it into one of the best pins of all time.

BM66 is a relatively easy/smooth shooting pin and seriously, the latest code update is GREAT! Especially at .81 and what's to come.

Been pushing that start button over and over again, just like TWD.

#6586 6 years ago

Metal option for me too!

Option 2 no brainer.

#6619 6 years ago

I'm so F ing confused on the speaker kit and getting drunk right now (just sent doggie chewed up version back to yelo).

Maybe there will be a good definitive answer by the time i get the rings back?

Either way, this F ing pin is going to be one of the best pins ever when Lyman finishes!

I'm playing the shit out of .81, what are you guys doing!!!

Btw, Doc's little delivery van mod is AWESOME.

#6631 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

Thanks Yelo! You guys are great.

My wife is mad, he's already chomping on the xmas tree lights and ornaments

Thx for the explanation Doug, really appreciate it

#6648 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've missed the whole Parachute Van thing except to know Doc is somehow involved. How do I get one of these?

Ditto that. The van is awesome.

We are lucky to have the Yelo team, Doc and others!

#6672 6 years ago

This is TWD all over again for me. After these next two code updates I'll be playing this over and over for the next year!

Lyman is a F ing pinball genius.

Had to pass on SW and GOTG, waiting on next Lyman pin.

#6674 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Elvira for you then Ice

Looks like it, I'm hoping for the Kapow boutique game again too though.

Either way I'm sticking to Lyman and Keith from here on out UNTIL and unless other games are finished and proven.

#6677 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Amen Iceman, can’t go wrong with either, although I’d add Scott to that list he’s certainly dedicated to coding the hell out of TNA.

I agree there too. I'd get that one if I move out RS and Indy500

I've got AFMRLE coming Wednesday. Cleaned out the man cave 3 car garage for more room this weekend!

#6680 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Grow some balls guys.....get both.
Got AFMR LE due in a couple of weeks and TNA in a month. Ye Ha!

Haha Cooked! This place is a bad influence for sure. Really bad.

#6685 6 years ago

Count me in Doc!

#6693 6 years ago

Holy extra balls Batman! I now have to turn OFF option #42. Wtf, been playing this thing all night.

Stacking wears my ass out. How do you even code that mayhem Lyman?

I freaking love this game, minor villains and vids/callouts will take us home!

#6695 6 years ago

The new accessory crew should be a whole lot F in better.

IMG_0270 (resized).jpgIMG_0270 (resized).jpg

#6767 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Random picture of Steve Richie playing GOTG at Orlando Freeplay

Wrong thread

#6800 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

this will be reminiscent of how much TWD changed when those drops became important.

Yes, Lyman is a F ing genius. How many times can i say it!

He makes every shot count in several different ways.

I think he's trying to outdo himself from TWD

Still waiting for my download!!!! Hurry the F up, I've got some serious pre turkey playing to do.

#6806 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The big thing B66 had got going for it that TWD didn't, is the huge amount of custom and stock material/assets, the nostalgia, and the fact that the whole B66 world is fun. This game cracks me up all the time.
TWD is for when I'm in a good mood and don't want to be...lol.

YES ^^^

And the LCD

And yes John, Lyman was a huge fan of TWD and has one himself supposedly.

Can you imagine how many BM66's they would have sold if this was the launch code? Not Lyman's fault but WOW

1 week later
#6992 6 years ago

When you are modding your pin don’t do what I did. I’m sure you won’t but....

I got a little excited pulling the PF and dropped it right into the bottom of the cab

They don’t make those rails like the good old days

Anyhow, bent the assembly housing, after a few tries unsuccessfully I called my great tech guy who got it lined up and adjusted finally!

Back in perfect working order and ready to install Doc’s bat signal

#7035 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That good for TWD owners, but this doesn't help Stern's narrative regarding Lyman on Batman 66.
I bought Batman early only because Lyman was on the code and because I thought if he was signing the playfield he would want to make the game epic. I still believe that will eventually be the case, but I don't like that Batman will be delayed further because of the TWD update.
How much further can Stern get behind with "blink the lights code" at release before it snowballs to the point the programmers can never catch up (if we aren't already there)?
I sure hope Stern understands what Lyman means to their brand and that it's pretty much up to him to save Batman from going down as Stern's Anniversary fiasco.

Glass half full. Great things to come. Time to be positive.

#7044 6 years ago

What it means to me, as before all of this BM66 drama, I'll consider buying a Stern pin with Lyman on board any day all day.

I agree Jon, I'm thinking Elwin had a hand in this too.

1 week later
#7288 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you still glad you got the game?

Would you have still bought it had you known a year ago what you know now?

In Lyman we trust

If you sold it, are you thinking of getting it back?

N\a
Do you think the game is a long term keeper in your collection (> 3 years)?

Yes. Forever

Any playfield or cabinet issues?

Fixed and no issues now

Other thoughts?

It's phenomenal. Period

#7291 6 years ago

How the F do you change the channels? I might be over served right now, going back and forth on BM and AFM.

Wow factor!

1 week later
#7503 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm with thundergod76, especially with Batman. I put the playfield protectors one on after about a dozen games and it's been great. Cheap insurance given that we don't know if the PF quality issues were actually fixed before Batman went into production.

My BM66 pf has been great. And I have GBLE and then ASLE. AS is the best Stern pf i've gotten since LotrLE.

I get why you guys put a protector down but I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't care that much and I want those balls rolling on the real thing.

If i can wear mine out in my lifetime in a HUO environment then that means i got every ounce of enjoyment out of it!

#7505 6 years ago

Played it several times again tonight.

Shutting her down until the next code update!!!

My atomic pile mod lighting is F ed up (nothing) and had a couple of poles fall off into the cab to boot, one I can't even find

When new code rolls around I'll be ready to crank her up again. In the meantime, other pins to play and alcohol to drink!!!

#7507 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I do respect everyone's choice on the PF protectors...I just don't use them...always add cliffy's and mylar where I know there will be a potential problem down the road, but the one time I tried a protector, just felt "floaty" to me....Played my BM66LE tons, and wear is about normal, imho, with my other games. Some dimpling, for sure, but nothing out of the ordinary.....lucky, I guess....
Do these newer protectors really eliminate dimples and lay flat enough to give a great "ball on wood" feel? Just curious, as I've got 2 NIB in my future...(AlienLE and POTCCE)

I feel like we don't live long enough to worry about such trivial BS as a pf protector. BUT, like you, whatever floats your boat and if it makes people feel better then by all means, do whatever.

I won't use cliffy's either though, too many kickouts, especially on my Indy 500 and i don't want more metal all over my game. Mylar and self adhesive felt work for me.

In a HUO environment I can't even imagine wearing out a pf.

If i ever did? Just replace it with a brand new micro or get Hep, Davis, Neo or whomever to make it better than new.

#7510 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Besides, if I ever decide to sell the game (why I would, I don't know), all I have to do is cut it off and the playfield looks like new.

I get it for sure. You will sell yours for more whenever you go to sell it.

#7512 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm on buffalo trace tonight Doug.....Holidays !!!! Probably just a disconnect on the lighting (I'll send you some pics on how I added horsepower to mine)...time will tell in turntable land.....love these mods, but lots of ball action up there.
My new phone took a direct hit, and dislodged it....making a simple plate to epoxy to it, then bolt to the turntable plastic.
Little nervous about the pile, as I'm not sure about a direct shot up there either...but so far, so good.....and looks too awesome to go back...

Yes sir my brother! Happy holidays to everybody.

Finally have a F ing break to enjoy it!!! Tax reform and year killed me.

And NO WAY am i going back on Atomic pile. I appreciate your version of the mod of the mod

For the life of me I can't figure out how the F two of the atomic poles literally fell off the pile!!!

I swear, while i love this pin as much as any ever it's been a non stop journey getting this baby across the finish line.

Buffalo Trace!!!!!!

I'm still recovering from a tequila fest last weekend. Oldest daughter graduated and headed off to the real work next month The festivities were awesome.

#7516 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True...I'm just not selling until I quit the hobby, then they all go....whatever I get for them (or my kids if I'm dead) is what it is...I've got my money out of these awesome toys.....

Amen brother, a concern i have is wtf will my wife and kids do with these things if i tap out early?

I joke with my girls that I'm going to leave certain pins to each in my will. Trust me, its NOT high up on the Inventory wish list.

That said, if you don't hear from me after a while, somebody reach out and help my poor wife get these pins to caring pinheads!

I hate to leave a graveyard of pins to deal with. Oh well, I too have had a blast and its onward and upward and Merry F ing Xmas.

Looking forward to a great new year and many more pin experiences and friendships.

Btw, How do we quit this F ing hobby?????? The addiction is tough.

#7523 6 years ago

Wrapped up my one day of xmas shopping earlier today at the mall after my office xmas lunch at Perry's.

Years ago i decided "the path of least resistance" was crucial to a happy life.

In other words, my wife and 3 girls go down their path and I support them as "husband and father of the year" or in other words just guy that gets his ass kicked every day.

So we walked on over to Neiman Marcus ("Needless Markup") for the big xmas purchase without mom.

Of course, youngest daughter says, "dad, you better get your .... over there and get what mom wants before they sell it out".

Ok, whatever, this isn't like a F ing pinball machine right?

Well i get there with middle daughter and some older lady has decided to buy BOTH Louis Vuitton purses with the BLACK straps, what they had left. Not kidding, wife had sent a picture of same purse earlier in the week and we are 10 minutes too late.

SO, the other style purse was a "dark blue" trim/strap whatever and we took it. Black/Blue? Who gives a F?

I went to pay and Old lady's daughter thought i was taking one of Mom's purses she was buying and chased me down!!!

Bottom line, all i could think of was its kind of like the trim/armor on a pinball machine? What color would you pick?

SO, I don't judge such trivial things because WE take such things so seriously in our pinball purchases right?

At the end of the day, F it, I blow $$$ on pins and they blow $$$ on much more ridiculous stuff like $3k purses right? Please tell me why someone would need a bag to put shit in for that much $$$? I mean all you do is carry it around.

It doesn't matter though, its called the PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE. That leads to a happy life fellas!!!

#7526 6 years ago

Did the Aliens from my AFMRLE blow up my Atomic Pile? It's been a journey of love and sometimes hate

IMG_0079 (resized).jpgIMG_0079 (resized).jpg

#7530 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How/Why are some of you getting air balls to the phone and AP? Are they falling off the ramps?

I honestly don't think its about air balls on my pin. I was installing the Bat phone mod, which is awesome btw, and I hear something land in the cab when lifting the PF. It was a "piling".

Why? No clue.

Can't find the other "piling" that sheared off. Wtf

#7567 6 years ago

Is there a consensus on the best joker target fix? Mine started getting stuck again.

Edit: Dead foam centered on the bracket behind the target where its getting stuck works like a charm so far! All this non work free time is killing me

Time for Santa suit and a little Egg nog. Merry xmas!!!

1 week later
#7695 6 years ago

Onward and upward fellas!

2018 is gonna be another great year.

Next code update is gonna be amazing

#7800 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

There is a buzz that leans toward Kapow doing another very limited "boutique" !Possible Beatles title!No,not YS!!!

If Lyman isn't doing it, it doesn't matter

#7845 6 years ago

I’m trying pinstadium lighting too

Yelo what did you do to your Atomic pile in that pic!

#7856 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

<blockquote\>
The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.
I am running .85 code and I still havnt figured out how to use the channel changing, how do you activate it? There is a lot going on in this game and I see how I can select a minor villain ect, but I have not been able to figure out how to activate channel changing.. I only have about 10 games on the new code.

Keep the button pressed down for about a second and you'll see the grey tv screen changing channels

#7858 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok can I do this anytime or only when I start a mode?

Anytime, changing it back and forth

#7887 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Is the phone smooth or is it blocky? It looks blocky. I was asking. Maybe it’s just the picture. Not trying to trigger you.
Apologies.

Old phone was way too big imo. Small one looks much better for me, and red lighting looks crisper and brighter.

#7894 6 years ago

The pin is fantastic now

Is Lyman really planning on filling in all 3 seasons of Minor Villains?

Really could end up being one of the greats

#7963 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My joker standup target is getting hung up on the bracket again. Was there a consensus on best way to permanently fix this issue?

Double up on the dead foam. That thing is a MAJOR pain in the ass. But if you position left center, doubled up, it will work, at least thus far for me!

#8001 6 years ago

I’ve had a LOT of experience with that turn table having to replace the first one and then dropping the PF into the bottom of the cab and bending the housing

It def has some play which is normal but not to the point where it would move during game play

It really is easy to adjust the pitch. I have it slightly below PF level so ball rolls nice and smooth

#8006 6 years ago

Doubling up on the Dead Foam has been great so far on Joker Targets if you want an easy fix.

#8009 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Here's a pic of me pushing the targets back as far as they'll go on my replacement playfield. Sure does look like it's been redesigned. More space in there.Nothing for the target to get stuck on now.

That wider metal bracket isn't there on mine and some earlier pins. It's thin and the right target gets easily stuck unless you create your own backing.

#8068 6 years ago

Can’t wait to play Tut and Bookworm

In Lyman We Trust!

#8179 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced. Can't afford both. If you had to pick one for your hone collection which would it be?
Another detail to factor in is this is a small batch of Lucis which wont last long. I assume BM66 will continue being made for a while.
Thanks

I owned an Ac/dc premium for quite a while. It's gone, fun while it lasted. I like my ASLE better.

BM66 is a keeper HUO due to the theme, integration, sounds, call outs, LCD and unique layout with the turntable.

Plus, you can always pick up an Ac/dc later, I'd get a BM66 while you still can in stock, the quantity sold by comparison will be thousands less.

#8180 6 years ago

I love all the minor villain modes, I can't even rank them, maybe Shamus #1 for me but they are all fun!

#8211 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Weird- I had that too and thought it was just wear and tear.

I had some right flipper short term weakness yesterday.

#8215 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

My scores have been typically getting worse as the code matures
Maybe because I'm just flailing more trying to see all the cool new stuff.

That’s me too. I’m just having fun playing it and not caring about scoring

When it gets closer to completion I’m sure I’ll go on a marathon quest like I did with TWD to conquer it

#8234 6 years ago

My favorite Major Villains to play all the way through are

Riddler 1st then
Catwoman
Joker
Penguin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by iceman44. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.