PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewinbombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 7 years ago

Premiums "probably January" from my distributor. Looking forward to my first NIB.

2 weeks later
#177 7 years ago

This will be my first pin ever; what specifically should I put over the magnet area (and how far around the magnet itself) to keep things happy? Should I get the rounded side rails to protect the cab around the flipper area? What else should I do before I get too many plays on it? It'll be in a totally sun-free room, so fading isn't a concern.

I also have concerns about airballs hitting the bat phone, but game play will bear out if that concern warranted.

1 week later
#186 7 years ago

In case some of you missed it in the deadflip stream, Lymon said that they would be releasing new code every couple of weeks "until we get you there".

Also, there were a few interesting rules notes about (in the future) stacking minor villains with major. Examples given were Mr. Freeze stacked with a major villain will disable all timers. Bookworm would do something like re-light previously completed shots for double scoring. Should be some interesting strategy options.

#187 7 years ago

Thanks for the cliffy's tips. I'm generally a guy who prefers things in "original condition" so I doubt I'll mod it any more than I must to keep it in good working order.

I'm a litttle fuzzy; does the new stern mag mech eliminate the need for Mylar around it or should I still install some?

Will be HUO, 100% out of sunlight, premium.

#190 7 years ago

Having the Codename game would be pretty special.

#255 7 years ago

Wow, those SLEs look amazing; I need to see one in person.

#281 7 years ago

Are these black rubbers on this game the ones that everyone removes because they're messy? I have some green that I might try since they're on hand.

#318 7 years ago

calprog I'm sorry to hear about your issues. That's a huge bummer; keep us posted on progress.

#320 7 years ago

C'mon Premiums!

1 week later
#526 7 years ago

Gameplay is the same across all three editions.

1 week later
#916 7 years ago

I have PDI, trough and shooter lane protectors, fresh pinballs and keychain, but no game. Seeing the current code helps me stay patient. There's a lot of promise here, but obviously a good distance remains. TiltThru podcast mentioned how out of whack Bonus is in the current scoring. Selecting bookworm and racking up bonus x can give scores that are massive according to them.

Still. I'm ready.

1 week later
#1198 7 years ago

Premium arrived today and now I'm an official member. As others have noted, CAT right ramp needed some screwing action and the Batmobile needed the same. Flippers needed a minor tweak to make them even. Outside of that, it's perfect.

Code .65

#1200 7 years ago

Ok, Perfect was a bit of adrenaline statement. Ball search sucks a kangaroo's butt and too many spots for the ball to get stuck. Fixable, but annoying to lose your two balls locked for MB.

#1204 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems like an easy software fix for that would be to do a "level 1" ball search first (move the crane, turntable), then if nothing found do a "level 2" ball search and release/trigger everything including the locked balls.

Yeah, there are some things going out of order and too quickly. It frees the ball sometimes and then keeps the ball search going because the freed ball doesn't even have time to hit a switch.

TONS of promise on the code, but it has a long way to go.

#1239 7 years ago

To which defect are you referring Hawkmoon?

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Regarding the rubber pads at the ramp entrances, it stinks that Stern used those thin ones. BDK originally had thin ones and they don't hold up well at all. They later released a thicker version that holds up great. They are also angled down to prevent airballs.

I have one (left side, left ramp) that is angled upward and I'm getting some flight; any special way or tool needed to cut them back to the correct angle?

#1262 7 years ago

My lock shot bounces out 95% of the time; I'm planning to add some drop dead foam or similar.

1) Does anyone have a similar off the shelf product from the big box hardware stores.
2) Is anyone else having this problem? Right orbit into lock just ends up in the top lanes then pops. I've only started multiball once. ONCE.

#1266 7 years ago

Thanks taz for the link; I've been trying to watch what's happening back there more. I think one time the post was still up even though the gate was open. I haven't seen that again, but I constantly have cleanly hit shots bounce out. I'll try one of those products and see what happens.

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a quick look at the one way gate at the back of the PF on the outer loop (above the rotating mech), and it looks like the gate has a lift coil. So maybe we will eventually get a full loop shot around the right loop when locks aren't lit, instead of ending in the pops.

Super skill shot does this already; I would love to see more 'true orbit' shots from this game.

#1291 7 years ago

iceman44 yes the car has code in .65 hoping for new code this week.

#1293 7 years ago

My prem shipped with .65; it's a playable game on .65, but it's not awesome. Some stuff lights and does nothing, some stuff doesn't light and does stuff.

#1303 7 years ago

Bummer @iceman44; I'm sorry that your game isn't working. You can't even get far enough for the car to start falling off and the ramps to rattle.

#1341 7 years ago

.68 installed and running without an issue; minor progress but certainly progress. It's really nice to have the mystery actually tell you wtf is happening, and it has the widest range of callouts in the game. It's a great indicator of what could be in the rest of the game. There's potential for this to be one of the funnier games around. The small things, like lighting the villain you're about to battle before answering the phone, are nice polish on existing features.

The bug fixes also make a pretty big difference, in particular adding to the number of shots it takes to start a defeated villain a second time. This helps in a number of ways, including score balancing. However, the bonus is still stupid at this point.

Overall a real step forward, but I'm really looking forward to more gadget and TV villain enhancements.

#1349 7 years ago

Right orbit should be possible. It's a fun shot as the super skill shot and I'd love for it to be available in normal play. It would add a lot of speed to this game.

#1420 7 years ago

For .68 code, I'm not worried at all. The progression from .65 to .68 added some more risk/reward elements to it already. Gadgets and TV villains will add more strategy as well. We also got the update from 65 to 68 on schedule. Not worried at all. At the moment, it certainly does not compare to any complete game. I'm also not worried because of the changes I've seen to Mystery alone. The fun and varied callouts with new graphics are a major improvement. Once that level of polish - and more - comes to the rest of the features, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Right now, it's very basic play, there is no question about that. If you want a slightly different game, go to the game adjustments and enable villain stacking. This adds a level of difficulty as pointed out by PinMonk to complete multiple villains before hitting the scoop.

While I'd rather the game shipped with totally complete code, it's making it a lot easier to figure out the game bit by bit.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Also,when you hold down the left flipper,when you plunge,all the white arrows lite up,and the ball goes all the way around to the left flipper! It doesn,t stop at the top for skill shot,and why does the lite flash on the auto-plunge during game play??? It doesn't seem to do anything??? Thoughts???

The action button flashes white to indicate that it will plunge the ball when you press it. Yellow button means a gadget is ready.

If you do not have a major Villain mode running, the super skill shot will allow you to start a villain with a single shot as indicated by the colored inserts. If you DO have a major villain running, the super skill shot adds a gadget as indicated by the inserts turning yellow. (90% sure on that)

I almost always get the "GA" in gadget and the lowest TV hit from the slings. I never shoot them intentionally. I shoot DG intentionally and the ET are almost always done with bricks from trying to hit the left orbit. TV 1 and 2 are usually bricks from trying to hit the far right position of the crane or from the slings.

In terms of challenging gameplay and strategy, right now the best route I've found is:

Light the shot multipliers at Gordon; hit the turntable to enable double scoring on the turntable; enable shot multipliers again and hit the penguin scoop for 3x. Begin the villain mode and lock 2 balls before finishing the mode. Ideally, get the villain mode to 1 shot remaining. Enable 2x playfield scoring by hitting both the computer and analyzer and lock ball 3 asap. Now, with 2x playfield and 3x a the scoop, you will earn 6x super jackpot if you can complete the villain and hit the scoop before 2x playfield ends.

Plus, you're now in multiball where the scoring increases with every shot; 15 shots in MB lights the jackpot for MB at the atomic pile.

Doing what I've described above is extremely difficult for me. If you stack major villains, it adds even another layer of risk / reward on top. Having 6x jackpots on two (or three or four!) villains would have some serious points associated with it.

That's just with today's .68 code and fun form me to attempt right now.

#1422 7 years ago

The consistently wrong things are:

* Check the turntable under the PF FRIST to be sure your wires look OK and not wrapped around the mech in a bad way.
* CAT signs; tiny black screws are loose.
* Right side CAT sign post not attached
* Batmobile on the spinner.
* turntable not level
* magnet not level

My flippers angles were wrong, but nobody else has complained that I've seen.

Good luck!

#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

But at least with TWD there seemed to be better, more interesting shots even at first
I really hope Im wrong.....

Indeed TWD is a pretty unique layout. The layout and shots in Batman obviously won't change; it's a fan layout with different geometry than a lot of fan layouts - particularly the orbits - but it is what it is from a shot perspective. The only thing that will potentially come later is a right to left full orbit.

#1437 7 years ago

Magnet behavior does seem pretty random. Sometimes it grabs, sometimes it ignores completely, sometimes it can REALLY fling the ball around in crazy ways. I've only had one SDTM though.

#1480 7 years ago

It keeps the ramp safe and unbent from the 50,000 shots that will hit it.

#1481 7 years ago

I've been trying to figure out how this game is going to have some of the same attributes of other games that I love like IM, MET, MM, GB etc: The stacking, the brutality, the risk / reward and the fun.

Pure speculation ahead:

It seems to me that Lyman is taking a slightly different route on this game from the others I love. Batman offers crazy bonus levels, the ability to keep driving up the bat phone value with the gordon target, player-controlled shot multipliers and playfield multipliers that are pretty easy to enable. While I've complained a little in the rules thread that I hope they tone down some of the multipliers, I'm starting to think that multipliers ARE the strategy for Batman and I think they may even go higher than they are now instead of lower. This would make a game that's relatively easy to play, difficult to blow up, but has the potential to have an extremely wide range of scores from top players to beginners who essentially accomplish the same goals in the game.

Instead of attempting to stack major modes in an efficient order, as in Iron Man, Batman seems to be forcing the player to decide when and how to stack the various multipliers in the game to maximize the score. For example: If you have the skill and ball control, you can get up to 6x at the jackpot scoop, double the playfield, hit the mystery for 3x playfield and get 18x jackpot. Of course, playing the major villain for as long as you can increases the jackpot value, so the player has to decide when they want to try and cash in vs rolling up the score.

If I'm right, I hope that the Batsignal wizard mode scoring is related to the amount that has been scored in each villain mode.

#1500 7 years ago

With the phone that size, you should find a Shakespeare bust to put next to it, or even a desk for the whole thing.

#1506 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Uh, did you look at the pictures? The bust is right there! LOL!

LMAO. See it IS a good idea.

#1596 7 years ago

A few things not in code yet that are coming as they're in the 'game settings':

Minor Villain Multiball
Batusi Multiball

So, it looks like there will be a bat signal wizard mode for completing all 4 major villains, a minor villain wizard mode for (I assume) completing all 3 minor villains and potentially the final wizard mode is "Batusi" for completing both Major and Minor Villains.

#1650 7 years ago

rlslick Is that for the entire turntable or the batmobile spinner?

#1655 7 years ago

rlslick thank you so much for that pic. You rock.

#1660 7 years ago

I'd been having a problem where the JOKER targets wouldn't register and then magically fix themselves. Similarly, my 2x playfield and multiball super jackpot shots wouldn't register.

I think I found the cause of all problems. You can see in this image that the left edge of the right of the two stand ups is pinned on a metal support. This is forcing the switch to stay closed. Both stand ups are the same switch so when this one is closed hitting the left one does nothing.

I suspect that the switch for the 2x of multiplier is the same switch.

I haven't decided how to fix this yet, but I know otheres are having Joker problems and wanted to share.

IMG_2834 (resized).JPGIMG_2834 (resized).JPG

#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This pin a downright addicting! Even with early code is shaping up nicely. Logged another 1 hr on it.

I agree man; the Gordon shot is so critical for huge scores, but so dangerous. This game is already falling into the 'easy to learn, difficult to master' category.

#1696 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Since the update to .69 the magnet sometimes grabs the ball and won't let it go. I have to take the glass off to move it or turn the game off. Anyone have any idea how to stop it?

I've not had this problem yet.

#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Really enjoying the game.
Only problem I am having is that the ball lock on the turn table does not always hold the balls and sometimes when the turntable spins it brings those balls into play, before all 3 balls locked. Anyone else had that?

I've had a couple problems with this even in .69;

Problem 1: Locked Ball 3 will hit the switch in the turntable and bounce up before the white post comes up. The diverter closes trapping the ball between the post and the diverter, but outside of the lock area. This causes awful ball search. No fix for this yet, but I'm working on it. This is VERY rare on my game, but should be fixable with software and adjusting the timing and the awful ball search.

Problem 2: Well struck balls pop out of the lock area and back into the lanes. FIX: A 1/4" wide strip of 1/4" thick neoprene foam on the wireform between the lanes and the turntable. Now, every good shot bounces out, onto the foam and back into the lock. I've considered foam inside the turntable, but I'm concerned about how it might affect other things.

#1743 7 years ago

I haven't been able to hit Gordon without slowing the ball significantly. Spinnerville otherwise.

First: Take 3 shots at Gordon, double the turntable value; THEN start the phone ringing and crank up the value at Gordon and cash in.

#1830 7 years ago

At this point, anyone who says B66 is a TDK re-theme is either trolling or has not played the two games. They share some layout; that's it.

1 week later
#1899 7 years ago

That's pretty damn cool.

#1920 7 years ago

My Joker targets also stuck a lot; I put a small bit of neoprene back there and I haven't had a problem since.

1 week later
#1988 7 years ago

Gadgets at least have SOME use; They 'make' the next shot in 3 of 4 villain modes and award the most valuable shot in Penguin. It's not much, but it's something. I'm not sure there's going to be a lot more too it than that though.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or, it could be Gomez, the originator of "every two weeks" Batman '66 code update statement that never once came to pass, talking out of his butt again.
I like your version better, but remain skeptical. We'll see next week, one way or the other. At least we have that.

I hate it when you're right.

#2011 6 years ago

While I really wanted TV Villains, this adds a lot of depth, difficulty and risk/reward now. Wiz Super Jack is tied IN ORDER to the value of the Villain Super Jackpot for each villain capture and adds the next VSJ. Love it.

#2019 6 years ago

I played a few and I didn't hear any new callouts where callouts or sounds existed prior.

Double Playfield has a sound and visual now; an explosion thing. It's a nice heads-up that you made the shot.

I was one shot away from qualifying wizard mode, but didn't make it.

I did notice that one ball search thing has been fixed. Sometimes you'll hit the lock shot and the white post is up for some reason and the diverter closes pinning the ball between the post and diverter. Now, the FIRST thing that ball search tried was to lower that post and wait. Big bug fix.

I've run into a couple oddities, but it's tough to say if they're real bugs or not yet.

#2034 6 years ago

Be prepared for a "Winter is Coming" inspired Strobe when you qualify Batsignal Wizard mode. Ouch

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Still yet to get my hands on a GOT is the strobe what I've heard so many refer to as GOT retina blowing lighting? Would love to see this in action with my own eyes

I'll call it "Winter is Coming Lite". In a dark room, it was not so fun.

#2062 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like the scoring is lower again on this version compared to .69. Maybe even lower than .68. I had to work awfully hard for 640 million. Also, nice to see the batsignal flasher in the PF is now being used.

The bonus award for a combo dropped from 500,000 per combo to 250,000 per combo. That's a pretty big drop and will lead to lower scores overall. I'm glad this happened as it was basically a scoring exploit if you could get the bonus up high enough.

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could someone with the 0.70 code possibly list all the current High Score tables there are in the game/attract now?
Thanks

GC
HS1/2
HS2/3
Batphone
Catwoman
Joker
Riddler
Penguin
Bonus

Edit:
And they all look exactly like the previous HS screens.

#2067 6 years ago

There is a combo champ setting, but it's not in my attract mode yet. I think it's coming.

#2097 6 years ago

Anyone else having odd Gordon target non-registers after upgrading to .70?

#2099 6 years ago

With the .70 update, it shows Villain mode high scores in attract, but even when my Villain capture says "Penguin Captured, 132M" it never asks for my initials. Anyone else?

#2101 6 years ago

Is your fan working?

#2115 6 years ago

Sethman I put a small piece of sticky-back neoprene back there. PM me if you need some more info.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

One of my fav callouts is "Super Jackpot is lit...or is it"?

I loved this one too; there's room for a ton of variety in the callouts in everything. There's a cool supercut of Alfred answering the batphone in dozens of different ways on YouTube.

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Does anyone know is there a adjustment to prevent the prior high scores/settings from resetting when running a code update? I don't recall that happening on my Avengers Pro (but then again it's been a while for any update). But on my BM66, the newest update wiped out all my "hard work"!.
Does it do this by default? Or is there a way to run the update and preserve the prior scores/settings?

I wonder if the "incremental update" option does this. I too have a few settings that are annoying to reset. I did the 'full update' from 69 to 70.

#2167 6 years ago

Vic kept up with the first 3 software releases and bug threads and has been posting in this thread for awhile. Be cool man.

In either case, he's right to point out that Stern isn't doing what Gomez said.

#2212 6 years ago

Why it's late or how much time or % of time Lyman is spending on the game is irrelevant. Stern had full control of their release schedule and have known the date of their 30th anniversary for 30 years. The 'pushed it up 5 months' excuse was their choice. It wasn't some reward for us to have this game pushed forward in the schedule.

Stern isn't treating this as the high-end experience they sold it to be. They created this situation for themselves. Everyone has a pretty good reason to be displeased with the progress.

I'm enjoying my game a lot, and it's been largely trouble-free. I do think that when it's done, it'll be a classic. It already has a lot of the elements making for a very fun high-risk, high-reward game to get huge scores while being pretty approachable and easy for modest scores.

Based on the number of little hiccups and bugs I see when playing (having multiball, TV Villain, Mystery and hitting the scoop with the spinner spinning for example), I suspect that the dev team is struggling to get through some pretty basic stuff when changes are made. Just speculation though.

#2230 6 years ago

Oldgoat

4) No roadmap, but you can certainly infer where this game is going after .70 When it happens, is anyone's guess.

5) Enjoyment: 6 / 7 because I enjoy the risk/reward of trying to really blow it up and get the multipliers. If you're just trying to complete each mode, it's currently less enjoyable.

6) I think an 9 is likely with all of the potential with the minor villains leading to LOTS of new stacking combinations; gadgets can do more; there are two more wizard modes to come.

7) Playability/flow out of the box: 5; with minor adjustments (7) with new parts and pieces (7)
callouts - when first released (2) now (3) what you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (7/8) I don't have any problem with the left orbit as designed. Hit the shot earlier and it's smooth as butter. My adjustments were mainly related to the ball lock area.

9) Randomness/Brutality of the game for an average player: This game is easy to take the safe shots and complete most modes. This game can be brutal when you go for huge scores. I'm an average player (IFPA Rank over 5000) and that's why I like it so much. There are few really punishing shots, but getting control of the ball can be very difficult. I have my outlanes wide open.

10) Ball times/game times? What are you finding is the length of a typical game? 3-4 mins on average for my adult players. Short games happen too. The more skill you have, the longer the ball times. That sounds pretty obvious, but ball control skills can dramatically extend ball times.

11) Game speed? How fast is the game (7)

As I've said before, it's a pretty straightforward game to just plow through objectives and get to a wizard mode. It isn't particularly fun that way. Adding in all the different multipliers and earning layered scores that build into the wizard modes is fun for me. Having a shot at 2x, one at 3x and another at 4x adds a lot of pressure to not drain.

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, we were playing it in "make your own fun" mode...

This is a pretty fair statement.

I'm also relatively easy to entertain when it comes to pinball. I've yet to run into a pin that I wasn't able to enjoy on some level.

#2236 6 years ago

My flow comments are more related to a few shots that are designed to bounce back at the player or slow the speed:

Gordon targets, bat computer / analyzer targets and bat phone don't really 'flow'.

Through the atomic pile and into the penguin scoop slow play a bit. The ramps are quick the right orbit is quick, and combos can really pick up speed. Right / left ramp combos flow all day like MET can. Actually, in terms of 'flow' it's a fair amount like Metallica. You need to hit some things that don't flow; sometimes the orbits stop the ball slowing play, but sometimes it just whips back at you.

I don't consider it clunky.

#2238 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the Gadget button does nothing to help you during Penguin mode? It does however use them up.

During penguin mode the Gadget will complete the most valuable lit shot. It doesn't advance the mode, but it does complete a lit shot for points.

1 week later
#2253 6 years ago

It'll be fun when Egghead does something.

#2256 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm guessing a code update this week.
I'm assuming it will start pulling in the minor villains.

At this point it has to be either more gadgets or some minor villain work right? Aside from scoring tweaks and some other bug fixes, is there anything else to do?

Major Stuff Left:
Minor Villains
Final Wiz Mode (Batusi)
More Gadgets
Minor Villain Wiz Mode?

#2257 6 years ago

[dup]

#2261 6 years ago

Totally agree, it needs a TON of polish. I was thinking more of playfield things that don't do anything.

1 week later
#2333 6 years ago

I won't lie; I'm jealous, and a little irritated, that the guy joining the club 7 days ago got an auto'd card and those of us with games for 4 months didn't get one.

That's an awesome card Squizz, a great autograph and location. I hope you enjoy the hell out of your game. I know I am.

#2336 6 years ago

Yeah, lots of ways it happens. It's cool, and I was really hoping to get one. I did pick up an original Topps black bat card for $1 on the 'bay. Trying to decide if I like it better than what shipped with mine or not.

#2351 6 years ago

.71 Code Posted

Interesting changes; a new mode that I didn't see coming; changes to the wiz mode and more.

#2361 6 years ago

It can self-center, but I don't think it's always supposed to. If it is, I'm sure they'll re-write the code to make it so with the little mag.

#2372 6 years ago

I'll keep the .71 bugs and features thread updated as I find stuff, but it looks like few bugs on our list got fixed.

Major Villain champs don't seem to be working properly. In attract mode, but not taking initials or displaying them.

The new Villain Escape mode (what I'd been calling Bat Signal Wizard Mode) is a nice change. New clips in there too.

The bat spinner mode is fun, but not super clear what you're supposed to be doing. Also, once I completed it once, it didn't seem to be able to be qualified a second time. I need to verify this with some more play though.

I haven't tried the new ball lock gadget. I kept forgetting that it was an option.

Nothing looks different regarding the TV villains.

#2375 6 years ago

I could only look at the display briefly, but something didn't seem right with the display during the multiball portion of the Villain Escape mode. Also, the sounds were like phase 1 with the glass-break sound. Anyone else?

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was weird, like the lights were off in the room in the video and there were just some Christmas lights on in the back. It got lighter toward the end. No idea what's up with that.

That sounds similar to what I saw. Lots of black screen with the biff boom bam overlay. I drained to quickly to see much else.

#2390 6 years ago

Docquest's explanation is thorough and is certainly what I was seeing; however, it was not a great pinball experience.

#2401 6 years ago

Trying to jack up the value of the Bat Turn mode then start it with a PF multiplier and then quickly get into multiball is a fun stack to try to achieve for big points.

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any reason you posted my MMR help videos in a Batman 66 thread ?
LTG : )

He didn't; his link is to an edit screen that takes whomever clicks the link to their own videos.

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would like to see bat turn go by spins not hits,just think it would be more fun to get rewarded for a solid hit that spins a lot
Just a thought

A solid spin increases the starting value of the shots in the mode, so you are rewarded for it.

#2429 6 years ago

Wall climb could be a combo mode similar to Lady Justice in MET

#2431 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am not hugely familiar with MET rules, how does lady justice work? Speaking of justice I would love Stern to bring out a DREDD pin!!

Basically alternate shots to each side of the game ideally in combos. Right orbit shot will allow you to hit another right hand shot in a combo. Kinda like walking up a building left, right, left, right...

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can anyone explain how the X shots and X lights work? makes me think of multi kill

The Batman rules sheet that I maintain here and should go into this, but I'll put it here too.

If you hit Gordon 3 times, all x's will begin to flash. The next shot you make will be doubled. If you hit gordon 4x more (after selecting your doubled shot) x's will begin flashing again and you can shoot a DIFFERENT shot and make it 3x. Later rinse repeat up to having a shot 6x'd.

When you have shots multiplied, the little x will flash a number of times to correspond to the multiplier value. It's kinda fun to see it all flashing. This is obviously insanely valuable and great to have in multiball.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No wizard mode per se. I guess you could generously call Villain Escape a mini-wizard mode. Basically this is what's in there now:
1. 4 Villain modes. Light them up, hit the batphone, hit some shots, put them in jail.
2. Load balls in the lazy susan for multiball via the right orbit when locks are lit. When you get 3 loaded you get a bat-melee multiball.
3. When all 4 Villains are lit (you've already put each in jail by completing their modes), hit the saucer via the left orbit for Villain Escape mode, which is a Multiball and kind of retard mini-wizard-y. Not hard to get to.
4. Bat turn mode was added, where you can hit the spinning batmobile to build points, and hit the white shots to collect the leftover parachutes. This is pretty fun with great video integration.
There are some multiplier rules and mystery awards other minor things, but that's everything in the game, mode-wise. Not much there yet. You can see everything in about 15 minutes if you're a half-decent player.

While I'm more positive on the game than vireland, he's accurately summed up ther major accomplishments. Details of the rules are in the Batman 66 rules thread here or on Tilt. I've been pretty detailed with everything in the game so far and it's only about 9 pages and a lot of that is bullet points. There isn't a ton in there yet. We'll see what next month's drop give us.

1 week later
#2512 6 years ago

The music on Batman 66 is fantastic. New music is added for every mode and it's really fun to hear the new music. When they get the callouts in there on top of it, the sound package on this game will be unrivaled.

1 week later
#2549 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

A couple of questions for the group.
First, does anyone have an interactive undercab LED and/or backbox kit, and if so what's their impression?
Second, what are the rules for the jail break wizard mode? I saw a 30 second counter on the screen but after that I was focused on the playfield and it was utter chaos.
Thanks!

Jail Break starts with a 30 second 'frenzy' to build your jackpots. Then, a multiball starts where you can collect those jackpots by re-capturing the villains. If you successfully re-capture the villains, you can hit the saucer to start again.

1 week later
#2589 6 years ago

.75 adds a thin layer of complexity and a large amount of polish to Joker and Riddler modes. It also adds some polish to the shot indicators via the RGB LEDs, and some light polish to the Villain vision but it's mostly redundant information from the main LCD. Like, ball save and tilt.

The big fix is the ball search fix that (claims) not to dump the locked balls. I haven't run into needing to observe this bug yet, but it's supposed to be fixed.

Unfortunately, it seems likely that Catwoman and Penguin will get a similar treatment to Riddler and Joker before we see the TV villains implemented.

#2620 6 years ago

Batphone hurryup is after you qualify a villain, but before you answer the phone.

Keep bashing the Gordon target without answering the phone. This will add time and points to the batphone hurry up. It also enacts the multipliers. My personal best is 122M when I used the 3x shot multiplier on the phone in .71.

I think the default Batphone Hurry Up Champ is 25M

1 week later
#2683 6 years ago

The new callouts are nice, but Bat Turn mode is one of the best additions to the game so far.

#2696 6 years ago

A few questions for the group:

1. Is anyone having issues with their cabs splitting yet like AS has? I can't find the thread dedicated to the cab complaints.

2. Has anyone been able to get a Penguin Champion score? I've been over 100M on Penguin a few times now and it has yet to ask for initials. Wondering if this is a bug.

3. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the position of the wrecking ball in one of the spots? The second from the right position isn't where it should be.

#2705 6 years ago

Thanks thundergod76 I'd drained that thread. That thread had pics of what I needed for the metal brackets, so I don't need any more info about the cabs. Cheers.

#2759 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks I just came to ask the same question, linked the post below for reference but it really needs marking as a KEY post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/24#post-3564988

Done

#2761 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks. I have a wonderful song in mind to replace the insanely (imo) misplaced cat woman mode music. Slow jazz for a mode with super fast ramps? No thanks!

That jazzy riff makes me think of hips swinging back and forth, like hitting the alternating ramps.

#2774 6 years ago

They just showed boxes and boxes of "Bat Signal Topper Kits" on the Stern live stream.

#2828 6 years ago

I suspect Seasons and Minor Villains are the same thing. Defeating a minor villain from one of the seasons should light the corresponding lamp since there are not lamps for minor villains directly.

#2830 6 years ago

That's very strange @wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo (code .71 and up). Are you saying that a right orbit shot opens the gate EVERY time? I've never heard of that problem. That would require the game to think it's a combo, activate the coil and lift the gate. Without power that gate stays down. Very strange indeed.

Again, as of .71 you can combo that right orbit as much as you want off of a ramp shot.

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hi guys
I just installed 0.75
We're on something!
Question: 90% of time my magnet will not grab the ball on batphone calls. It's really annoying. Is it only on my game or futur code will resolve this?

It seems to be purposely random how strongly the mag grabs on batphone answers. I perceive it to be less in .75 than in earlier versions.

#2993 6 years ago

Aerosmith was impressive because:

1. Everyone thought it would suck before they saw it.
2. See #1 3000 more times.
3. It was delivered in a very complete shape compared to most recent stern releases.
4. It has a lot of redeeming qualities and is fun enough to shoot.
5. Surprise, it's not awful.

B66 gets hate because of the price, the release method and it's incompleteness. Basically, it's the opposite of AERO, but B66 will easily be a better game in the long term.

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way.

I'll agree that predicting the future is difficult, but I love the direction of BM66 so far and I don't think it's difficult to see the major path that it's taking. I like where it seems to be going. Plus, I've already been pleasantly surprised by the addition of the Bat Turn mode. If you want to nit pick about my sense of certainty in a club thread, so be it. When playing .68 and .69, I was less sure of how awesome I think it will be. After 75, I feel much better.

Quoted from jgentry:

People like AS because it's a really good game, not because of anything else.

We're agreeing here. However, this Pinside sentiment was overwhelmingly anti-Aerosmith 'more old dad rock' before the game came out. Then pics leaked and it was still bad. Then it landed and it was a surprise to the vocal pinside crowd as it was a good game and it was very much complete. Low expectations for Aereosmith made it a pleasant surprise to many.

Personally, I enjoy Aerosmith plenty and I'm not trying to knock it in anyway. I'd enjoy having one.

Quoted from jgentry:

No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though. AS is doing well because it's already really good. If you like that style of game you don't have to hope it works out with AS.
Stern just needs to get the code knocked out and the sales the start to pick up. Until then not many premiums are going to sell. I'm a buyer if they can get the code in great shape.

Again, we agree.

#3043 6 years ago

I'm expecting simply deeper Catwoman and Penguin modes (with Gordon / TtBP) and a few bug fixes and probably another revision to Villain Escape in the next release, whenever that is. Probably some more Penguin callouts too.

#3045 6 years ago

Another example of why I love (and believe) where this code is going. I was so wrong about the mode scoring for Joker. I usually play it first b/c of ball save and thought I understood the scoring.

Nope.

Tonight, I decided to start with Penguin and just go with it from there. Joker was 3rd mode with about 350M in score and only a 3.5M Batphone answer. My Joker shots were worth more than when I started Joker first and had a 20-50M Batphone score. Now (.75) it seems that there's a strategy to which villain you play in a particular order. Of course, once Catwoman and Penguin get the same treatment, it may change and equalize them again. So far, there's already more strategy to the game than I even realized in the current code.

I think those of you with "stack major villains" enabled are really missing out on a lot in this game. There's a lot more risk / reward with it in the default mode.

#3099 6 years ago

no-code (resized).jpgno-code (resized).jpg

#3114 6 years ago

This is a total guess, but I'd bet we're 13 days from the next legit chance at code. It wouldn't surprise me if Stern is closed Monday & Tuesday giving only Wednesday to tie up any loose ends for a Thursday (7/6/17) release. That's also assuming the right staff is in the office to do a code release on the 6th and 7th.

It's certainly possible that something wasn't quite ready and can be buttoned down before Thursday. However, the 13th seems more likely than a holiday shortened week.

#3203 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Codewise it looks by far more sophisticated at this time than the current status on BM66.

By about a year.

Quoted from frg:

So please Lyman - implement those special moments in the BM66 code

Working up to a 6x shot multiplier with 3x playfield is pretty great.

#3277 6 years ago

Ok folks, I disconnected all of my streaming gear; I folded all stands; I wound all cords; I put everything neatly in all the boxes, and I put all the boxes neatly in the closet. That should virtually guarantee a code drop tomorrow.

You're welcome.

#3290 6 years ago

trollyoday (resized).jpgtrollyoday (resized).jpg

#3403 6 years ago

Played a bunch of SW yesterday. While it certainly does have a lot more code and clips than Batman, it's not nearly as complete as I thought. Lots of bugs and holes in the code that make zero sense or don't have a reason for why things happen. SW is super fast, but holy crap is it obnoxious with dozens of sounds seemingly playing at once and the light shows need a lot of work to make some sense. It's almost like they SW started with damn near everything in the game and they need to scale back and fix a lot and polish. With Batman, we're seeing less, but it's getting polished as we go and not getting anything new until existing code is rounded out.

I'm less impressed with SW code than I was after watching the videos. That said, it's a fun game and I'll dump a ton of quarters into it. However, I wouldn't even consider trading Batman for Star Wars at this time.

#3418 6 years ago

disappointed rant starts in 23 minutes.

#3425 6 years ago

I haven't opened my goodie bag to see what's in there. Someone told me it would help resale to keep it shut, but I really don't think this game is going anywhere.

{Insert profanity laced rant about code releases that gets me a temp thread eject here.}

#3497 6 years ago

My best yet.

IMG_0311 (resized).jpgIMG_0311 (resized).jpg

#3507 6 years ago

My first goal was to double the bat phone, then 3x it (which is how I got 200M plus). Next, I want to 4x it. That might get it to almost a billion on Bat phone alone.

Oddly enough, I actually bricked a shot and the bat cave targets locked in 3x at the turntable without answering the phone. This allowed me to jack up the bat phone a few more times before cashing in at 3x.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone else had "TILT" frozen on the Villain Vision screen that doesn't clear? I had to go into the system menu and then out again to clear it.

TILT and WARNING won't clear from the VV on ball 3 drain for me until I start a new game.

#3524 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely a bug then. Thanks for the confirmation. The RGB arrows were locked, too. Same for you?

PinMonk I haven't noticed the RGB lock, but I'll tilt out tonight and see what happens.

Quoted from Bamatami:

MK, where did you get your PDI glass? Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

In my home environment PDI glass brought out the vivid colors in the game. I also found that I was able to get the PDI glass quite clean easier than the standard glass. This, of course, also makes the playfield pop a little more. Of course, YMMV as everyone argues in every PDI/Invisi/Regular glass thread. I'm happy with mine.

#3557 6 years ago

I previously believed that I was the biggest "the Batman code situation is fine and will be great" fan boy; Good to see that I've relinquished that title. Last week was a gut punch without code. If we don't have some this week, it'll be a swift kick to the boys.

#3560 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I will gladly take the title, and you will thank me later............lol

I still have complete faith, but my annoyance level has risen exponentially. I'm on the bandwagon, but will let you drive for awhile. lol

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Its less like a club and more like a support group.

Hi My name is Brewin' and it's been 63 days since my last code update and 8 seconds since I last refreshed the page.

#3578 6 years ago

FWIW: Lyman went 35-25 today to end up in 133rd.

#3647 6 years ago

I was about 3 shots from a Billion on the batphone tonight. I had 129M value and was ready for 6x shot multiplier on the Batphone. So. Freaking. Close.

#3653 6 years ago

Piling on vireland isn't going to get us new code any faster. Stay on target.

#3733 6 years ago

Well, KISS got a little tiny bit of new code. That's something for them. I hope we're next.

#3740 6 years ago

The turntable is pretty great. I wish I could stop getting airballs off of the targets though. My switch 'through' the batmobile is kinda flakey too. When it all works, it's awesome.

I wouldn't say that it's "only on Thursdays" for new code; I think it's more "not on Fridays", making Thursday the last hopeful day.

#3776 6 years ago

After playing a lot more this week after a hiatus from Batman, I've moved from the "I wish we'd just get short updates" camp into the "just give it to me when it's done" camp. There are so many things in .75 that bug me that I'd like everything that comes next to be polished and consistent. Even if some things aren't done, I want the things are done to be done done.

#3826 6 years ago

Zdoor There was a Yellow powdered around here somewhere. I can't remember whom, but they sold it yada yada. Anyway, there should be yellow pics in this thread.

#3869 6 years ago

bat coin door could suffice

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On another note does anyone know which cards Stern used for the Adam West Signatures? I'd like to try and get one from the same set/series as the one in my LE signed by Burt.

1989 Reissues of these:
https://www.cardboardconnection.com/1966-topps-batman-black-bat-trading-cards

1 week later
#4149 6 years ago

The word "soon" is not quantifiable. It's obvious that it's not stopping at .75, but FFS the silence is stupid.

#4210 6 years ago

Oh man, a purple VUK would be perfect. I hate you guys.

#4293 6 years ago

Awesome Zdoor . The Batphone bugs me as well.

#4312 6 years ago

I'm OK with the non-incremental releases. Every time something small was added, it made the game even more inconsistent. For example: Penguin HS table just doesn't work. Others do. Riddler's Gordon target behaves differently than Joker's. The list goes on and on. I'll wait, but I'm not OK with the complete lack of communication.

It's not difficult to say "Hey Batman '66 owners, we're sorry that it's taken this long to get the code where we want it. We think it's going to be amazing when it's done. We're still working on it and the absolute earliest it will be available is mm/dd/yyyy. As we get closer to that date, we'll give you some more information and let you know if we're on track or need to give you a new date. Again, we're sorry."

That's it. That's all it takes. Then we all stop hoping for "this Thursday" and can cool our jets for awhile. We can wish it was sooner, but the weekly disappointment cycle ends.

#4414 6 years ago

I can't upvote MK6's post because it's just hogwash. While it'd be awesome to know the exact day and time, most of us are reasonable and understand that's not how it usually works. That isn't a reason to give zero updates on progress.

"Hey we're still working on it. We really have no idea where the end could be. Think months, not days. We have to finish it, do a code review and then put it through QA and play testing."
"Hey we think it should hit QA in the next 30 days; this release is so large that QA could take another 45+."
"Good news, it's actually in QA now. Next, play testing!"
"Play testing is going well. We expect you to have this in the next 30-45 days if things go according to plan."

Absolute dates and total silence are not the only options.

#4418 6 years ago

MK6PIN I know you're not being a fanboy. My comments were directly at the message from Stern and were not directed at you at all. I apologize if I wasn't clear. Hell, I was the biggest B66 fanboy for the first few of months. I had faith, they'll do what they said etc. Count me among the burned and jaded now.

2 weeks later
#4698 6 years ago

They basically MUST release whatever they have or it's going to be an extraordinarily uncomfortable Expo.

#4715 6 years ago

We're getting off topic into the Expo section, but what else is there to discuss?

An equally plausible reason, or contributing factor to not releasing a new game at Expo is that they simply don't need to do so. If SW, MET, ACDC 1.1, GB and SMVE are filling the production lines for the next few months, why divert the market to yet another game? Re-launching Batman gives them another 'free' game (maybe with an alt translite on 2.0 Prems, just imagining things now) to possibly keep the production line full with some new orders of a 'done' game. Maybe they just don't need another game right now.

#4720 6 years ago

Exactly; we know for a fact that "it's not ready" isn't a reason for Stern to delay an announcement unless for some reason there is a delay with getting lic. approval, but that seems pretty doubtful.

2 weeks later
#5295 6 years ago

I'm angry for the first time. This is stupid.

#5603 6 years ago

SLE art is pretty great.

#5632 6 years ago

Doug, I think you're pretty safe from Stern reading anything in this thread.

#5809 6 years ago

Everyone's come around to PinMonk graphs. I haven't enjoyed my decent from Fanboy to cheerleader to disgruntled owner. Graphs make it all better.

#5966 6 years ago

Initial Review:

* No update problems.

* Seems like there are lots of bugs. In particular, Bat Turn mode is all kinds of wonky as to when it ends, when it continues, what's flashing etc. When you take bat turn into base mode and start a new villain things go very sideways for awhile. Another bug appeared allowed me to skip Riddler 2 and go directly to Riddler 3 by pressing the button again quickly. I need to verify that one.

* Scoring is WAY up. Maybe because of bat turn running for so long. Not sure.

* There are lots of new things flashing. GADGET flashes a lot; unsure how to make it stop.

* Continuing the major villain mode is little confusing as to what to do next. I was shooting Catwoman 3 for awhile with nothing flashing white and SJP not lit.

* "To the Bat Poles" is a little confusing now too. The 2nd shot on Riddler still isn't orange.

* Tons and tons of new video and callouts. Major improvement in this area. Penguin sound finally!

* Minor villains have not changed a bit.

* The new major villain continue / stop is a nice risk/reward addition.

* Catwoman is no longer the easiest mode in all of pinball.

* Lots of new menu options.

* Menu is now Yellow. Was it before? I thought it was red before.

Overall, it's better, but the bugs are disappointing as it really hinders comprehension of wtf is happening. I'll keep playing and try to avoid bat turn and see if it helps. However, when going for a 3x villain, bat turn is much more 'in the flow' than in .75

#5968 6 years ago

[Edit: Redacted my gordon notes, it's changed in .80] I'm unclear if gordon resets your batcave timer.

"going to the batcave" aka 'to the batpoles' is supposed to give you 2x scoring for that villain mode.

#5975 6 years ago

Can you pick the other (batman) file, or is Kiss the only option when -/+ ?

#5978 6 years ago

Unless you're just dying to do it JFH, my thread pre-dates yours by 35 mins. I did the last three versions; but if you want take the torch I'll cede to yours.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v080-bugs-features

--

I love the new flash on the gordon target informing you how many shots to it remain. SO nice. I haven't quite determined what happens if you hit Gordon 3x before you start the bat cave mode.

However, I did learn that bat cave mode timer doesn't start until you make the scoop shot. Basically, it's a combo, not a hurry-up. Scoop -> Timer Starts -> Left Loop

#5980 6 years ago

Utility belt / Bat junk close up is very strange. Happened to me too.

I discovered that the 2nd and 3rd time through a villain, when the GADGET flashes, that's the shot you're supposed to hit to progress through the mode.

#6069 6 years ago

"Shoot the Bat Signal" "Shoot the Bat beacon" should both be the Riddler saucer above which is the bat signal.

#6076 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the left orbit shot not registering at the start of the Riddler mode? It seems to be even more noticeable with the new 0.80 code. I checked the switch in test and it always registers.

Yes, Riddler has two main bugs:

1. "To the Batpoles" 2nd shot doesn't work
2. The SJP doesn't light and it continues through to the next mode for levels 2-4.

#6085 6 years ago

Batman has a nice balance of flow, intentional 'out of control' situations with the Gordon shot and some slower sections like the scoop and through the atomic pile shot. It's not TZ, but it's also not IM. Somewhere in the middle.

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Since the code drop, I'm having trouble with the Award Lock not locking the ball and also, ball(s) are getting stuck in the 2:00 position of the spinner by the lock gate instead of locking the ball? I hope I'm making sense. Is there an adjustment I can make or a test to make sure it's working correctly?

Award lock doesn't physically lock a ball, it just awards a solid Lock Lamp at the right loop.

If your ball is getting stuck between the the long gate that provides access to the physical lock and the up post that holds the balls in the lock as the turntable turns, then you should test the post. On my game, when this happens, the post is the first thing to move down in ball search. The ball then comes to rest on the switch in the turntable and a new ball is put into the shooter lane.

#6286 6 years ago

I thought I was crazy about the MB multiplier. Glad to see it fixed.

#6325 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

By the way what is the goal of multiball? Is it just points? I played it a couple of times and all lights seemed to stay the same (green ?) no matter what I shot.

Yep; just shoot the green arrows for points. Shoot 15 of them and the turntable turns to the pile for SJP. It's nice to have a shot multiplier on that SJP when you hit it. SJP as of .75 was supposed to also Add-a-ball, but it never did. I'm unsure if that's still the plan.

#6334 6 years ago

That's a fun idea that attract mode changes based on in-game achievements.

#6337 6 years ago

Add-a-ball is the first mystery award (I think every other award actually) at the Riddler saucer in Villain Multiball.

#6340 6 years ago

Using ramps to move the crane would be cool. Except, you could probably not get it right of the right ramp unless it was backwards (hit the right ramp to move the crane left and vice versa). Maybe from the left flipper it's a clean shot. This is a fun idea.

#6370 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Been meaning to ask the group....balls coming out of the right orbit, slow to medium speed, do they mostly hit the top edge of the slingshot plastic or do the balls typically feed nicely to the right flipper bat?
Fast shots definitely feed the flipper, but most other shots on my pin will hit the top of the slingshot quite consistently. Wondering if that’s normal on BM66 or do I need to bend the ball guide out?

Coming down the right orbit, next to the riddler scoop, I have to give it an Iron Man style nudge to get a clean feed to the flipper. It always clips some part of the sling rubber if I don't - but NEVER the plastic. If your ball is hitting the plastic, you need to adjust the sling plastic somehow.

#6400 6 years ago

.81 makes a big difference. I still have lots of sound level issues though. Fewer, but still many.

I like the idea of shooting the GADGET targets as a shot because that just sends the ball into crazy town.

#6465 6 years ago

Does the shaker add much to Batman so far? I don't have a shaker, but thinking about it. Mod Couple's stuff is also so freaking tempting.

#6469 6 years ago

I was totally fine with the pile and spinner until I saw the pics of it installed. Now I'm a somewhat sad panda. The phone and TV still bug me a bunch too. Yelobird what's the deadline to order the pile mod and spinner mod?

1 week later
#6727 6 years ago

They said something would happen, and then it did. Awesome.

#6730 6 years ago

20% downloaded. I'm really happy with .81 Adding minor villains is going to be great.

#6749 6 years ago

Quick hits after a few games:

1. New mini tv screens are great.
2. Earning TV Villains on purpose is difficult.
3. Egghead and Freeze are Season 2; season 1 and 3 are disabled now. No mistake about what you can choose.
4. Egghead is a frenzy with a twist. I like it. Needs some sound work but pretty nice.
5. So many clips and callouts in 81 and 83 that its really great. I still keep noticing little details.
6. Nice changes, but right now I don't see how egghead is a 'power up', but Freeze certainly is.
7. Capturing 3 seasons of TVV is going to be very difficult.

#6763 6 years ago

The little screens are good to help you know if you've made a shot related to the mode. Having the major villain animations happen in the little screens is pretty easy to see - except for Riddler - since they're mostly static and then it's usually a close-up of the major villain doing something.

#6771 6 years ago

Has anyone gotten the Egghead thing to work? I can start Egghead, but I can't use the gadget button to light a shot to collect. I know the button works fo r other gadget uses.

Also, Gadgets now count as a Penguin crane hit even if you haven't cleared the flashing purple shots.

#6775 6 years ago

Interesting, I've had limited success using the gadget to lock a ball off of a plunge.

#6785 6 years ago

Trying to reproduce what I think is an Egghead bug:

1. When in a major villain, using the button to try to cash in your jackpot doesn't seem to work. I've had it behave this way twice in Joker.
2. When in base mode, it seems to work as described.

Can anyone confirm?

#6793 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK need some advice from the code brain trust. I tried the stacked villain (#42 I think) setting and it seems like I did it wrong or there are way to many bugs with that feature enabled? Every phone award "answer the phone" as well as several other bonus shots show award 0.0? Also, many of the video sequences especially the Multiball Joker "Get em Pengie" is muted? If I turn this off everything is normal. Did I not understand the shot code correctly or is this feature still a work in process? Thanks for any input but for now its off and actually scored my Highest game to date (3 balls!) of 3.4 B

That's very strange; maybe try updating the code again? I just enabled villain stacking (don't like it so far, but it's super easy to score a bunch of points!) and didn't experience that.

However, the villain stacking is a great way to see all the tv screens.

#6812 6 years ago

We don't really know what Batusi will be; I suspect it's after defeating all Major Villains and a minor from season 1 2 and 3. Duplicate minor villains - if they stay - isn't really a problem because you have to decide when you use which villain for maximum effect.

1 week later
#6976 6 years ago

Yelobird Villain stacking makes getting to the first Wizard mode 10x easier. You need to make about 1/2 of the shots you would need to make if you have it off. With it on, basically every shot makes some sort of progress.

I think it's significantly less fun, and you lose a lot of the charm of all call-outs and clips in the game. However, if you want to see the wiz mode, that's the easiest way.

1 week later
#7308 6 years ago

I can't determine if this is a bug or I'm an idiot or both in .84

In catwoman and Penguin, I cannot get the egghead cash-in shot to light. It seems to work in Joker, but not the other two.

Is it broken or am I dumb or both?

1 week later
#7436 6 years ago

There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a nice Metallica and another very good game.
There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a nice Dialed In.
There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a JJPOTC.

Today, I can't think of a single game I'd rather have right now - even on .84 code which has some things that bother me - it's super, super fun.

Penguin, with multiball, freeze and Bat Turn going? Awwwww yeah!

#7445 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m personally leaving Villain stacking OFF. Isn’t that exactly what happens once you reach Villain Escape?! All 4 modes Stack, and you’re battling them all at once. It seems strange to have them stack before that? That’s my reasoning anyway.

I'm with you. There's enough fun stuff to try and stack (MB, Minor Villain, Bat Turn) that makes it plenty fun.

#7551 6 years ago

Got my first billion on .84 tonight. All the way through Penguin with 'to the batcave' bump added. Bat Turn once, Mr Freeze once (didn't complete) and Egghead once (didn't complete).

Such a fun game.

1 week later
#7703 6 years ago

Yeah, older code (pre-.83) you could select all of them. It's more likely that they played older code vs pre-release code.

#7797 6 years ago

Shame is a fun mode. Shooting for the side targets makes it crazy. I didn't hear any shame callouts, just the music.

All the points are still in Penguin mode.

#7799 6 years ago

NVM, heard some shame callouts. Nice new minor villain modes. Freeze is the only real "power up" at the moment. It seems like if you beat the Mad Hatter you can replay another minor villain. I think that's what it says on screen?

The flashing timer is a bug. It flashes between regular and 'frozen' states.

#7805 6 years ago

Bat turn is old!

Channel changing is simply pressing and holding the 'gadget' button and it'll change the channel for you.

My backbox hasn't changed at all in .85 Premium.

#7901 6 years ago

Defeating three seasons of minor villains is going to be a massive pain in the ass.

#7922 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's a joke right?

No, not a joke; qualifying 3 minor villains is a pain in the ass by itself. That lower TV target is only a shot from the sling or a solid judge from the top of the right sling. That is generally happening because I have dangerous side-to-side action going. Wide-open outlanes means lots of power drains for me.

Plus, you can't start a minor villain if you're in Multiball. Egghead is easy to finish for the sake of completing it, but Shame is basically a recipe for things going out of control shooting the side targets. Freeze isn't bad, but in the same season as Egghead.

I'm not saying impossible, just a PITA.

#7924 6 years ago

Not complaining, just observing after spending time trying to explore the new Minor villains.

#7965 6 years ago

I get slingshot airballs too. Makes me crazy. Everything looks correct under the pf.

1 week later
#8095 6 years ago

.86 Stuff -----

King Tut
- shoot all white lit shots, then shoot some (?) more. Similar to Freeze, but fewer shots I think.
- Defeating him LIGHTS THE SEASON 1 INSERT!!!! W00T
- Lots of video and speech. Very well-done minor villain.

- I thought I defeated Shame, but the insert didn't light. Unclear if insert isn't programmed like 1 yet, or if I didn't defeat him. I couldn't select him again, so I think I beat him. Dunno.

New sounds for hitting purple shots in Penguin. Crane sound is the same.

Egghead and Riddler bugs still there.

This game really can go nuts with stacking stuff even without major villain stacking on.

Major Villain
+ Multiball
+ PF Multiplier
+ Minor Villain
+ Bat Turn

Nutty stuff man.

#8140 6 years ago

Channel changing is the route he's gone to allow you to see all the shots for a mode clearly instead of color changing.

#8144 6 years ago

colonel_caverne You're correct; it does not alternate colors. You have to use the "channel change" functionality with the lockbar button to change the inserts to show which shots are appropriate for that mode. You cannot see the 'double mode' shots currently.

#8231 6 years ago

Let's talk combos. Has anyone payed attention to the order of the vehicles you earn on combos? From rusty memory:

Batmobile
Batcopter
Batcycle
???? on a bicycle???

I had 42 combos when I saw the bike go by, so I'm guessing that's each 10 combos when it changes. Any Batman aficionados care to explain the bike? I couldn't tell who was on the bike.

I had my first Billion on .86 tonight; one shot away from villain escape super jackpot. I cashed in every major villain at the first checkpoint (except Riddler of course), had one multiball with SJ, bat turn and played every minor villain (only captured tut). Also, 2 EB earned. That was mega fun. However, if you want points, Penguin all the way through - while hitting all the non-crane shots - is still the way to go.

The amount of clips in this game sets it apart from every other game. It's difficult for me to imagine them passing the depth of media assets in many other games for a very long time. GotG won't. Deadpool won't. Iron Maiden could if they get a ton of concert footage. Elvira, probably not. Beatles, sure. If they pay through the nose. Great game.

#8236 6 years ago

The Alf Cycle is amazing. I must have missed seeing the Bat Boat as well.

#8280 6 years ago

23cmca (resized).jpg23cmca (resized).jpg

#8365 6 years ago

So, does that mean we can play season 3 now?

#8373 6 years ago

I'm still not clear what it takes to light all 3 season TV inserts. Does defeat of ANY minor villain light a season? Or will only certain minor villains light a season insert?

Season 1 minor villains light the season 1 light if defeated etc.

#8462 6 years ago

I've gotten the multiplier to 5x before. It's not easy as shots into that area can dribble SDTM or into the slings for a power drain. I should practice that more, usually I wait for 2x and then try to score.

#8545 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I don't know exactly but ive see. People put up bilions on just penguin. Also when you start a villian and shoot the penguin scoop then make the orbit to the mystery hole is it confirmed on all villians that it makes that mode 2x?

More importantly, it makes the next phases of the mode worth +1x as well. So instead of penguin being worth 1x, 2x, 3x ,it's worth 2x, 3x, 4x. When you layer shot multipliers and/or playfield multipliers on top of that, it's a big deal.

I've started just finishing any major villain as fast as I can if I didn't get the 'to the Bat Poles' combo. It's almost not worth it from a points perspective.

A well-played Penguin is worth more than playing each first scene of each character and getting the SJP on Villain Escape mode.

#8568 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Check the switch inside the atomic pile using diagnostics menu. Ball has to go in the pile and hit that switch to start the bat turn mode.

Yeah, my switch is kinda weird in there. I can't figure out the problem with it exactly, but it only works about 90% of the time.

1 week later
#8727 6 years ago

Lyman isn't retiring. Silly rumor that I suspect was started as a way to ferret out leaks in the Stern system.

#8747 6 years ago

Season 2 Egghead should be the easiest of all since you control when to end it.

Looking forward to the next release that should round off some of the rough edges.

#8778 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Powder coating, powder coating, powder coating! . Anyone playing their games since .87 update? How about some dialogue about the minor villain strategies, major villain options besides Penguin, mode stacking, etc. Someone please share some game play tales, even tall tales.

When playing for points, I'll always try to get a shot multiplier on the right ramp and then playfield multiplier before really making progress on Catwoman. Then, PF x again before shooting the victory lap shots on Catwoman stage 1. Then you need a 3x on the turntable before starting level 2 (same for Joker) since hitting it to try and qualify a PF x will advance progress. If you can get a PF and combos rolling in stage 1 it's pretty good value.

Bat Turn is a priority with PF x on Riddler since you get lots of times to hit shots that double up for you. Extra if you can get a shot x on there.

Oh, and shot X on the scoop before SJP collect on the last round.

#8784 6 years ago

I'm now combo champ, champ of all the major villains and a couple minor villains. Time for Stern to wipe out those achievements.

#8899 6 years ago

LotR is the hardest to replace. MMr and SW much easier to replace down the road. SWs will be significantly cheaper than the other two according to my crystal ball. I even suspect they might be able to do a SW Vault edition if they wanted.

The new code is fun. It's well-rounded, complex and feels very much done except for when you see the season 3 empty spots.

Freeze & Bookworm take so many freaking shots to beat. Very tough. Freeze has so much value that the risk/reward feels right though. Bookworm, I'm not sure why I'd mess with it right now.

1 week later
#9013 6 years ago

My spinner doesn't move without a hit. The only time it moves on it's own is when the turntable stops to reveal the cave. At not other point does a spin count as points.

Penguin is still worth the most as the countdown shot to start phase 3 seems to start at a much higher level than the riddler or joker version.

1. Penguin
2. Riddler
3. Joker
4. Catwoman

I think it's pretty fair, because Penguin mode has more risk than the rest. Catwoman doesn't have much risk to it and makes sense for it to be worth less. It's a good 2nd villain to earn EB.

1 week later
#9080 6 years ago

Based on my understanding of the SLE, I don't think it's as simple as folks here make it sound to get the custom callouts. I think there is additional hardware in the SLEs to activate that feature. I could be wrong, but before people start stalking Burt W, it's worth understanding for sure.

#9087 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt there is extra hardware. I suspect the code reads a serial number or MAC address or some other data from the man board and does a lookup based on that to set a flag if the game is an SLE and/or an offset of the related clip.
However, your general point is well taken - to activate an SLE "<name>, answer the Batphone!" clip in the appropriate place on a non SLE would involve some incredible luck with PB and/or knowledge of the code. The idea of taking one and making it an attract mode clip (e.g. Flipper Button press) is trivial in comparison.

Right, I mean a special rom or special card inserted, jumper config not like an entire board or something.

1 week later
#9294 5 years ago

Mini wiz mode for beating a season would be strange as beating one villain lights the season insert. I suspect 3 wiz modes total. One for completing a min villain from each season, one for capturing all majors and one for completing both.

#9316 5 years ago

Egghead is a frenzy + jackpot shot.

During the frenzy, each switch scores and builds the jackpot by 125,000. BEFORE the timer ends, you can hit the gadget button (be sure you're on the egghead channel) to light a roving shot to cash in the jackpot and complete the mode.

If you don't end the mode, you keep the points, but don't defeat egghead and get credit for season 2.

#9323 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I'm also figuring out how to use the gadgets for ball locks. I have succeeded in doing this from the top saucer, but apparently you can do it from a plunge too. Supposed to do it between the right loop switch and the lock entry.

I've found this exceptionally difficult in the last two code releases. The first release with this feature I could make it happen regularly. Now, it's tough.

1 week later
#9411 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[snip] huge waste of a node board.

This is such a great pinball insult.

1 week later
#9554 5 years ago

Do the 2nd major villain modes have different scoring / shots than the ones we already know or is it just a video playback change? Strategy or Theme immersion?

#9632 5 years ago

Joker episodes are (currently) different from one another. Penguin seems to be as well. None of them seem to currently have as many continuations as the previously existing modes.

That said, it gives a great glimpse into the depth of asset usage and fun factor available here. Great work and I can't wait to see where it lands.

For those on .88, this is mostly a "more of the same" update with some new content but nothing really new gameplay wise.

#9659 5 years ago

Lots and lots of Batgirl in the .90 update.

3 Super Skill Shots in Batman 66

When in base mode (no major villain)
1. Drop right into the Penguin scoop from the plunge.
2. Hold left flipper and make a major shot to qualify the major villain.

When in a Major villain mode:
1. Penguin scoop again.
3. Hold left flipper and earn a gadget by making a yellow shot.

1 week later
#9731 5 years ago

Do you twenty84 still have the Gadget button things for sale? Interested in just the insignia around the button.

#9733 5 years ago

Ah, I just looked at the pinside shop. Thx Tuna_Delight

#9754 5 years ago

Small Problem:

I installed the chrome candy lockdown bar emblem and it looks fantastic. But now, My gadget button doesn't activate the gadget switch. The added thickness seems to prevent the button from reaching the switch enough. I've tightened it down a bunch, but that plastic button worries me a bit. Did other folks have any challenges like this?

Yes, I've tested the switch and the switch itself works just fine.

#9778 5 years ago

Re: the Chrome Candy mod, I ultimately went this direction, but I had been afraid of blocking the LED and making the button not as bright / colorful.

Quoted from PinMonk:

You can screw something to the end of the button post to make it a tad longer.

I found some side-glow fiber sitting around that fit inside the button perfectly. I cut a length a few mm longer than the cavity and it's working like a charm again.

#9787 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Narrowed my first NIB down to a BM66 or Dialed In. I'm
Leaning to BM66 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
[snip]

As someone who would have traded B66 for DI a few months ago, I can say with certainty that I would not take that offer now. I still really enjoy DI and I'd like to have one, but in the home, the Batman theme is a lot more fun. DI really starts to feel like generic pinball game to me after awhile. I think it's fun to shoot and I love the various ball paths of DI.

#9801 5 years ago

It's possible that when the trough eject is stacking balls causing two to be in the trough but not counted. Of course, under testing conditions you won't run into this since you're not letting the game eject from the trough. This seems unlikely if it's truly always only after two ball locks.

When it drains, does it immediately go into EOB bonus THEN ball search or does it not recognize that you've drained and trigger ball search before the EOB?

1 month later
#10119 5 years ago

I played Season 3 shame for a LONG time and I apparently didn't beat it. Has anyone beat Shame-3 yet?

1 week later
#10143 5 years ago

Bookworm is a punk, but doable; I think I've done it once.

I'm still not convinced that Shame 3 can be done. It acts like you do it, but never slammers him or lights the season 3 lamp.

1 week later
#10193 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

(snip)
Does it pay off to speed through the villains and concentrate on villain escape wizard mode?
Loving the game more and more

No. Going through one Villain to the end and scoring moderately well is worth more than speedrunning and only doing 1 section of each.

#10208 5 years ago

B66 has at least 4 crane-enabled modes; Penguin 1/1, Penguin 1/4, Penguin 2/1 and Villain Escape Multiball.

1 week later
#10251 5 years ago

I was wrong. You can beat Shame3. It's so many shots I quit counting, but it happens. It's weird, b/c the lights stay on even in MB. However, it can be done.

2 months later
#10917 5 years ago

You folks are insane. I get so many power drains off the slings (wide open outlanes) that I feel amazing if I get 1B.

#10927 5 years ago

I'm certainly not a great player. I'm not even top 16 in my state.

The 2nd seasons of each major villain need some polish. Things aren't quite up to snuff with the first ones in terms of choreography etc. Also, the points seem to be much lower (on top of the fact that they each have one less section than the first). However, it is a nice touch that when you catch Catwoman 2, the capture animation stays consistent with the episode.

#10933 5 years ago

Just discovered something new (to me) last night.

When you start a major villain, you can hit Gordon 2x for 2x MB scoring, BUT on your next Villain, if you do it again - without starting MB - you get 3x MB scoring.

2 weeks later
#11017 5 years ago

I'm curious what folks think would be a good pair with B66? I (currently) have space for one more next to Batman and I'm trying to decide what would be a good change of pace.

My basic criteria:
* Kid and Old person friendly-ish. My in-laws and grandparents visit frequently enough that I just don't want to hear them complain. Rules out TWD.
* Relatively low maintenance. I don't particularly enjoy fixing games all the time. So, probably not STTNG.
* Not basically the same layout as Batman; I'm looking for some variety of play.

What would be ONE game to put with it?

#11020 5 years ago

@txstargazer3 WOZ is on my list, but I can't find one to play enough to decide if I even enjoy it.

#11021 5 years ago

I might wait and see if Wonka is real and fun too.

#11027 5 years ago

I think Deadpool would be a great compliment, from a layout and goofiness perspective, but I don't know if it will fly.

Munsters theme does nothing for me, but maybe it'll be fun. We'll see.

1 week later
#11062 5 years ago

To get to 1.0, we need more polish on the callouts / sound and light shows. e.g. Penguin has nothing sound-wise.

#11065 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

May I ask you guys a question: this or walking dead premium. Whoch is the better game? Hows the code in this compared to that?

Apples and Oranges really. They'd be a great pair.

#11125 5 years ago

Part of what Makes B66 great (compared to TWD) is that it's both very approachable as a "walk up and play" game, but also offers depth, difficulty and strategy for advanced players. The layout isn't terribly special, but there's a lot being done with what's there.

#11222 5 years ago

Am I reading this right? If you complete 3 minor villains, you choose from one of 3 mini-wizard options?

Someday, we'll get a final mode if you beat both modes of the majors + villain escape + 9 minor villains + each of the minor villain wiz + Bat Turn.

2 weeks later
#11345 5 years ago

My best game in awhile, but proves that capturing villains is not the way to points.

4 Major Villains captured (no continues) + weak Villain Escape + Joker Captured again
3 minor villains captured, but choked on the MB shot
42 combos
2 EB

1.2 Billion

#11356 5 years ago

Just a quick shoutout to @chromecandy the lockdown bar button metal emblem is great. I realized it a few days ago after having it installed for months. It makes a big difference. Quality product and it's hard to imagine my game without it.

#11369 5 years ago

Thunderbird by default EB lights after capturing 2 Maj V and also 20 Combos. I've seen it awarded via Mystery in much earlier versions of the code, but not any time recently.

*Multiplier strategy:*
For shot multipliers, it's wise to get two gordon hits after collecting bat phone, but before your first major villain shot or scoop. This gives you 2x Multiball scoring, +4x bonus and only one shot away from your first shot multiplier. Then you just need to understand which shot is the best to multiply first given your Maj V mode.

Catwoman - Left Ramp > Right Ramp > Turntable > Scoop > Right Orbit

Penguin - Turntable (makes sections 2 and 3 very valuable) Shot multipliers payoff the most in Penguin since EVERY shot relights with a crane hit allowing lots of collection + shot multiplier on crane hits. Can be dangerous, but lots of points to be had.

Riddler - Right orbit > Turntable > Scoop > Ramps

Joker - Turntable > Scoop > Ramps

Also, right before you capture, get a shot multiplier on the scoop to multiply your capture jackpot. If you can combine this with a playfield multiplier, you'll get some pretty big points.

Also, use multiball time (especially during ball save) to rack up your shot multipliers with more safety. Again, if you have 2x MB scoring + shot multipliers + playfield running MB can get pretty lucrative.

#11394 5 years ago

HSTD is DEAD! Long Live HSTD!

Glad to see the "G" bug fixed and a couple of those minvil awards actually doing something.

Last things have to be some sound and choreography and Egghead awards doing what they say re:bonus.

#11447 5 years ago

I capture if I'm not able to hit the bat poles hurry up to immediately get +1x the mode. If you START with 2x Major Villain scoring then get a PF multiplier, big scores just get easier from there. Alas, some days the left loop evades me.

#11455 5 years ago

Gordon shot 2x before hitting the scoop (or any other Major Vil mode shot) makes multiball worth 2x and gives you +4x bonus. If you don't cash in the 2x MB in this villain, if you do it again on your next major villain, you'll get 3x MB scores.

#11461 5 years ago

I'm totally in for a Batphone contest.

#11478 5 years ago

Accidentally grazed the phone on this one. There's a fun callout after awhile; Alfred says: "Where in the devil is Batman?"

IMG_2202 (resized).jpgIMG_2202 (resized).jpgIMG_2203 (resized).jpgIMG_2203 (resized).jpg
#11481 5 years ago

Beating this dead horse: I wish the batphone scores had an impact on the major villain mode score to increase the reward for jacking up the batphone score risk. Back in the day, it was this way.

#11494 5 years ago

@bamatami you have to hit the Riddler saucer to start Villain Escape.

#11578 5 years ago

Thunderbird yes. I had to put foam on the small wire guide just on the outside of the turntable. That mostly keeps things in. I also went ahead and added some foam to the inside of the diverter that slows it and kills insane spin.

#11580 5 years ago

@treborlicec Premiums never had Batgirl on the side of the backbox. Promo shots do, real games don't.

#11587 5 years ago

My first 3BN game ever tonight.

Started with Penguin that I completed through the 2nd to last portion as I was offered 6x jackpot to capture (3x scoop + 2x playfield). Then a quick catwoman to get the EB, then full through Riddler and then a one chapter Joker just to get to the worst Villain escape ever.

A big contributor was 200M+ from Egghead Season 2; Also beat Tut 1, but failed at Egghead 3 to qualify minor villain wizard.

I also had two main MB and at least one, maybe two, Bat Turn.

I'm starting to compare this game to Iron Man. On the surface, it's pretty simple, but to get all the right things stacked in the right order is very difficult. The more I think about it, it's almost Iron Man 2.0

#11625 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Can you choose to raise the shot multiplier yourself on a certain shot.
Or do you need to make every shot x2, then every shot x3, ...?
Or do you need to hit the gordon target more to be able to go the higher shot multiplier levels?
I indeed once had an X24 choice at the scoop.. (4x atomic pile multiplier + 6x probably then from the shot multiplier) never understood why it was 24x, always thought that was of my phase of the major. But 4x + 6x seems more logic.

Hitting Gordon 3x will light the first shot multiplier. The next shot (of the 5 major shots) that you hit will be 2x.
Hit Gordon 4 additional times, after selecting your 2x shot, and you'll light a 3x shot. etc.

I think the absolute maximum you could make a single shot worth on version 1.0 is 90x.

* 6x Shot Multiplier
* 5x Multiball Multiplier (if you don't cash in MB until Major Villain 4 and up the multiplier on each one).
* 3x PF multiplier

Am I missing anything?

3 weeks later
#11785 5 years ago

2 hours? FFS. What is this, TH?

1 month later
#12207 5 years ago

cooked71 As you describe it, it's not a bug. It has always been that once a Major is qualified - starting Batphone - if you qualify a 2nd Major, you cannot return to the previously qualified Major until Batphone time expires. It's been this way since the beginning (unless you had the old stacking thing on). If you qualify all four, then your only choice is to play the last qualified Major or let Batphone expire.

In your case, you were just unfortunate that you had Catwoman only one shot from being qualified a 2nd time. When I find myself in this situation, sometimes I will intentionally start Catwoman just to then go ahead and qualify penguin next so that I definitely get Penguin and not another mode.

#12218 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ve only ever played default settings. But even now, I can switch from one villain, for example Joker, to another like Catwoman or Riddler after batphone is active. The only change now seems to be you can’t switch to Penguin (and Joker because the targets disappear once the phone starts).
And davidpinballwizz from memory in my original scenario, I had Bookworm and Freeze already going and Freeze stopped the batphone timing out? So I had no choice but to start Catwoman or Riddler.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post. I thought that you said you started penguin, switched to Catwoman and were expecting to change back to Penguin, which has never been possible with defaults.

If you're saying that you can't qualify Penguin after only qualifying one other Major (say, Joker > Penguin and Penguin fails, but Joker > Catwoman works) that's definitely not right. I'll test it.

1 month later
#12561 5 years ago

I'm happy to see everyone getting new machines, but man it kinda stinks to have bat pin-suffered through the first two years of this nonsense with one of the first games off the line and not have a signed card.

1 week later
#12631 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hey fellas I just got BM66 about a week ago and got it all set up I came across a multiball problem when all 3 balls get lock it seems it won’t register the 3rd ball lock and the Playfield starts searching for the ball. Crane moves, Turntable spins around etc, eventually all 3 balls get release from the lock but it’s not treating as multiball. I search around found people with the same problem but no solution here’s the link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-lock-problem-no-multiball

What happens when you test the switches back there?

1 week later
#12666 5 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

I'm a couple of hundred games into my new Batman and I have a couple of observations / questions - and yes, we are enjoying it immensely.
1) I'm getting serious air balls off of the rotisserie standups - Bat Computer/Analyzer, Joker, Batphone. The ball is shooting back into the side of the left ramp with quite a bit of velocity - it's a bit violent. Is that something that others have seen?

Not as violent as you describe.

Quoted from iohonnes:

2) I'm also getting the occasional air ball from the slings, really the left one, sometimes with enough air to re-enter the shooter lane. Is this normal or should I lower the power of the slings?

Yes, often. I keep my slings at 15ish to avoid airballs.

Quoted from iohonnes:

3) The screws holding the bat mobile top of the spinning target seem to be coming loose and require periodic tightening. I'm considering adding a lock washer - has anyone else had to do this?

There's a service pack for this. They'll ship you a batmobile that is secured with rivets instead of screws. You'll need to do something or it will perpetually fall off.

Quoted from iohonnes:

4) We (son and I ) totally suck at Villain Escape. Nothing worse than getting to a wizard mode and wondering why we even tried.
5) Haven't even sniffed any TV wizard modes.

You'll get better. Keep at it! Playing Villain Escape isn't a great reward, so I'd recommend focusing on other goals.

#12677 5 years ago

I don't mind that the wizard modes aren't necessarily the ideal path to points. It gives the game another playability factor in a home environment. What do I want to do, progress deep into the game or focus specifically on points? That's OK with me.

2 weeks later
#12835 4 years ago

Yes, I've bought a few. There are originals and reprints. Prices vary, but unfortunately, some of the nicest ones have been graded and sealed thus making them useless as pinball decoration.

1 year later
#16372 3 years ago

Dropping from the magnet shouldn't go STDM, it should hit the left flipper. Make sure it's level side-to-side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewinbombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.