PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,121 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 1 of 5.
#173 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You know you will get them!!!....A sealed bottle of Blanton's will be opened to help me with my review...

MK since it looks like your going to be getting your BM66 any day now, do you have any plans on trying out Cliffy's BDK VUK protector? Crane and VUK look identical in position so it should fit, just thought I would ask, and if not does anyone else plan on test fitting on?

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If Stern is consistent with their last 2 games, the cliffy protector will already be installed.

That I didn't know, I had seen scoop protectors on GB's but didn't realise Stern had fit them from the factory, thanks for info Trekkie, if they do continue that trend that would be great.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This will be my first pin ever; what specifically should I put over the magnet area (and how far around the magnet itself) to keep things happy? Should I get the rounded side rails to protect the cab around the flipper area? What else should I do before I get too many plays on it? It'll be in a totally sun-free room, so fading isn't a concern.
I also have concerns about airballs hitting the bat phone, but game play will bear out if that concern warranted.

Stern redesigned their magnets a few games back (TWD?) with a surrounding area containing the inner magnet core and the design seems to work great!

If your getting a premium definitely get some lollipop (rounded) side rails to protect your cabinet decals around the flipper area plus they do look pretty nice so it seems like a no brainier to me for the added protection it offers up and its real easy to remove the factory rails and install the lollipops in their place.

I would get a shooter lane kit and a drain hole protector from Cliffy & if Stern don't provide a Cliffy for the VUK area I would also buy one of those to minimise wear.

Other than that from what I've seen you shouldn't need to do anything else except hit start and enjoy the hell out of your first pin and it's one hell of a first pin! Hope that helps.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone who has the game, did they install Cliffy's on the playfield?
I know it won't be found on the drain or shooter lane.

Avatar LE has the most bullet proof shooter lane on any Stern

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, who is getting the shark repelant gadget on their LE? That would be an awesome one!

Fingers crossed it comes home to me, it would be hilarious and so cool to have that particular LE

#192 7 years ago

It would be great if Stern released a full list or the gadget and episode names/numbers, would be pretty cool to see what is owned by pinsiders.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the gadget LE's are mostly us and the episode LE's are mostly international?
Hard to say which is better. Both are such great ideas for how to number/list/name LE machines. Kudos to stern for the idea.

Have all the LEs pinsiders have received so far in the US all been gadget LEs? I haven't paid much attention to what LE people have been showing in videos I've been fixated on the playfield and those smooth ramps

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Who you getting yours from Jon?

Same place you are Neil

#204 7 years ago

Congrats Rapzilch, now go play the sh*t out of it and enjoy, little jealous waiting here for my LE to arrive

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The U.K.pins were shipped a month ago!!!

Last I was told by our distributor here they are currently on route floating between our two great countries

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That topper isn't too shabby looking, the whole SLE art package really trims the game out nice.

I have a friend who does body shop work, he does amazing free hand detailing and pin striping, so as soon as my LE is here I will hopefully be able to get him to work his magic on my LE armour.

#214 7 years ago

Just checked Stern site no BM66 code, was it stated it would be today?

#223 7 years ago

LE owners did your box state what LE you had, number and episode/gadget etc?

#228 7 years ago

The signed card is a great little touch all I need now is a card signed by Burt Ward for the other side of my LE

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You can mail one to him and he will sign it, I have heard.

That is awesome I shall see what card I get with my LE first and buy a deck and send one to him, anyone know where to send mail his way?

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think you are right with the blue....the light or dark ones?
I've gotta get the Cliffys too.

Dark blue would be close to the colour of Batman's cape & cowl

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I'm pretty sure the #1 Batmobile was on the game displayed on the Stern tour during Expo. I thought I remembered seeing that. Idk where it went from there though.

Probably end up in Lyman's house and if he does his magic with the code he deserves to have #1

#276 7 years ago

Question for the SLE owners, how is the pin stripping applied? Guessing it's applied on top of the powder coating and then cleared? Or is it simply applied on top and exposed?

I have a friend who does body work and pin striping so I plan on applying it to the powder and then adding clear if possible so just curious how Stern have done it.

#280 7 years ago

Damn that guide is clearly installed wrong to far up/towards the saucer, is there no way of bending it back a little instead of altering your playfield?

#287 7 years ago

xfassa you have a SLE right? Can you tell me how is the pin stripping applied? Guessing it's applied on top of the powder coating and then cleared? Or is it simply applied on top and exposed?

#292 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the reply xfassa, I guess on your SLE the striping has a raised profile if you rub your finger over it? similar to the decal on the lockdown bar of Transformers, those held up pretty well but it seems odd that they would decal the entire lock bar the far left and right get heavy hand traffic.

#294 7 years ago

I have a friend who is going to do genuine pin striping on my LE, I am not all that familiar with powder coating, but I am hoping he can pin strip over the factory powder coat (is the powder coat cleared? or is the powder coat itself the finish?) and then clear it in his body shop, plan of powder coating and pin stripping the speaker panel while I am at it, love the SLE powder coated speaker panel just ties it all together beautifully.

#302 7 years ago

We are still waiting for LEs here in the U.K no definitive eta according to our distributor.

#322 7 years ago

Now that is an impressive stuck ball

How did you manage that? Fired up from the VUK?

#326 7 years ago

Batman was rushed into production Stern probably put everyone on getting the games themselves built and out the door asap which would explain why toppers seem to be in short supply.

I know if you watch the factory tour there didn't seem a lot built but here was a tonne of parts and half assembled toppers visible.

#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does bare wood show on the front left side of the game? The last pic looks odd where the armor meets the cab...

Quoted from DCFAN:

That does look strange in the picture. It makes it look like a piece of the siderail is missing.

I just enlarged and enhanced the photo brightness, it's just a reflection but at first glance it does look strangely like wood

#353 7 years ago

I thought people where referring to the wood coloured glare/reflection on your siderail/protectors

MT45, so there is no clear over the pinstriping or lockbar decals? I know there is a mod coming for the bat symbol button, guess when I get mine pinstriped I'll definitely go ahead with clear asking as it can be done over the factory powder/finish.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not to stir the pot but for a $15000 pin Stern couldn't even clearcoat over the decals and pin striping??

Lets face it, the decals and pin striping should have been applied and then cleared, but this is Stern - cutting corners and cheapening out where ever they can has become their trademark recently even if it means putting something out that makes no sense like exposed decals.

What surprises me though, is the simple fact this is George's game and he is known to love engineering things, typically engineers think of everything to ensure efficiency in the design and engineer things that work! Plus as VP of Game Design it seems odd the decision to apply decals in high traffic areas with no clear came from someone with an engineering mind who is clearly excited about this game, it was either his call or the beancounters hopefully its the later, I cant see how applying the decals to the powder and then clearing would have cost any more or less? Seems like another Stern oversight approached with a lack of common sense.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I WAS talking about the odd glare on MT45's side protector on the left side Looked like a chunk of decal was missing.
I also noticed the thin strip that is unprotected where the decals don't quite meet but figured that is simply how Stern is doing it on this
title. MT45 has the close up of this also.

Oh well in that case scrap my not stupid after all

That glare just caught my eye so its good to know you where referring to that because I couldn't see anything else I even went back and looked at the picture to workout what I was missing

#379 7 years ago

Not to stir the pot but for a $15000 pin Stern couldn't even clearcoat over the decals and pin striping??

What mod are you referring to? Do you know who's making it? Thanks! Btw does anyone know if there is such a thing as matte finish clear coat? Maybe the LE/PRE owners can just spray some over their lockdown bars.

It was an idea I came up with as soon as I saw Stern where putting a decal on the lockbar, fact they didn't put any clear over the decal/pin striping has made me think my idea might be a little more popular now instead of a one off. I am speaking to someone about a couple BM66 mods so "stay tuned"

It is pretty simple, I have a STLE and friends with TWD, GOT all with lockdown bar buttons and they have laser cut emblems on them, soon as I saw BM66 I thought it needs something better than a sticker!

Presentation7 (resized).jpgPresentation7 (resized).jpgPresentation5 (resized).jpgPresentation5 (resized).jpgPresentation6 (resized).jpgPresentation6 (resized).jpgPresentation8 (resized).jpgPresentation8 (resized).jpg

The main difference with Batman and maybe its why Stern used a decal, is the curve of the lockbar towards the glass but I don't see why with careful and precise bending of some thin metal it couldn't fit perfectly, I haven't got my LE yet but I am guessing the decal is applied and curves with the lock bar so it wont look any less factory than the sticker.

It would be great to get peoples thoughts and feedback!?

#381 7 years ago

Yeah Cliff did come to mind, I just need to ask him politely first

Would have to get them cut and powder coated, excuse the examples below they are rough but just for ideas and feedback.

Firstly any bat symbol could be used but I went with the one off the 66 Batmobile and my reasons for that where:

It was the only 66 symbol online in red

But the real reason I chose it was because I plan to pin strip my LE armour like the SLE armour & with the topper combined they represent the Batmobile, especially with the SLE cabs having the batmobile side art it just seemed like a great all round fit plus it allows for a second piece with the text to be nicely incorporated in the middle between the wing tips, as I find the Bat Gadget decal placed to one side looking a little awkward.

EDIT: Used spell check this time

emblem 1 (resized).jpgemblem 1 (resized).jpg

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

They all look good but make sure you spell "gadget" right on the real deal. Gotcha!

Excellent grammar check Robin, Hand me the Anti Spelling Error Bat Spray

Option 1
emblem 1 (resized).jpgemblem 1 (resized).jpg

Option 2
emblem 2 (resized).jpgemblem 2 (resized).jpg

Option 3
emblem 4 (resized).jpgemblem 4 (resized).jpg

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Would you guys rather have an emblem that overlays the original sticker that could be removed or something new all together?
Working on TF now BM up next. Drawings look cool but the scale of the button is off.
From the trace I am working with it it looks too small.

If your looking to do something Rob I would like a completely new emblem, laser cut similar to the lockbar emblems on ST, GOT etc using the Batmobile emblem like the one I posted above, it makes perfect sense for the SLE guys with their batmobile editions and with the topper on the SLE and LE it's a great fit to make the armour to completely represent the Batmobile, if that's possible?

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You do great work....I'm anxious to see concept of both. The decal definitely needs to be covered or removed...never gonna last

2nd that, I have hooked mods and they are awesome!

Quoted from HOOKED:

The version of the Lock down I am making is slated for 2mm thick - metal cast with color.

Are you using something similar to sterns lockdown bar emblems if there 2mm or is that just your personal choice rob?

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

any ideas for the red trim striping on the lockbar, yet?
seems like that's going to rub off in a matter of days of playing. hands go right on it, for use of flippers.

Clearing the armour seems the only option or mylar?

Providing it can be done on top of the existing factory armour I am planning on getting my LE pin striped and cleared

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Any news if the upgraded speaker panel (SLE) will be available to buy from Stern ?
Or has someone come up with the Mod yet ?

Quoted from docquest:

Someone at the factory tour asked that and they said it was exclusive to SLE.
I also think the LE/Premium speaker panel looks a bit bland compared to the rest of the game.
I think a cool mod would be to make the speaker panel look like 60's era batcomputer tech with blinky lights and various knobs and dials. Kinda like what they show in the match sequence. Put a "Closed Circuit TV" label under the LCD similar to the one in comission gordons office?

I have a solution for the speaker panel but I need my LE to size and test fit the 4 to 5 mods/improvements I have in mind for the game.

#433 7 years ago

MT just to confirm is the pin stripe detailing on the SLE a decal or genuine pin striping? I can pretty much tell looking at your close ups but wanted to know for certain and awesome work on the protection Stern should hire you as their QC guy to make their pins bullet proof

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since I'm too poor to afford a batman66 SLE I've been thinking about adding a few of the bat vehicles to my LE. The hot wheels ones are decent looking and cheap at about $8 a piece. But I decided to splurge and check out some of the vehicles from a UK company called Eaglemoss.
Their Batman Automobilia line is a set of diecast bat vehicles from all iterations of Batman (comics, 66 show, movies, animated version, etc). The ones I've seen from the 60's show include batmobile, batcycle (both versions), batboat, batcopter, batgirls cycle, joker-mobile, catwomans car, alf cycle. They even have the batmobile after penguin stole it (penguin umbrella added and penguin logo on sides).
Each vehicle is about $20 (price is higher if uts sold out and you have to get one via ebay or wherever). They come in a acrylic display case with a 3-d lenticular background image. Each vehicle also includes a 12 page detailed magazine with info on the vehicle, its history, and detailed blueprint like drawings. These are a little bigger than the hot wheels but are a lot more detailed and accurate. I think these are 1:43 scale as opposed to the hot wheels versions ones at 1:64.
I have the Eaglemoss batmobile already and will probably put that in the shooter lane area. I don't have the hot wheels batmibile so I don't have any comparison pics for that.

The other vehicle I recently got was the Automobilia batcopter. Even thought its sold out at most retailers I was able to find one online for $22. I like how the copter looks on the SLE mounted above the wireframe ramp looking like its flying. The detail is much nicer on the Eaglemoss version than on the hot wheels version. Here are some comparison pics to the hotwheels version. If anyone was thinking about getting one themselves.

Doc how long is that batmobile?

#467 7 years ago

Congrates on getting your topper MK, I know you have been waiting in anticipation for that bad boy to arrive, I hope its all been put together the right way up as well

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Delivery just confirmed for Friday morning.

Congrates man, I hope its flawless when you take it out the box

I would love a date for international LE's, as of yet no date set

#473 7 years ago

Could anyone with their LE tell me how the powder coating is finished on the armour? is it cleared or a matte finish? sure someone mentioned a matte finish so just wanted to confirm, need to let the guy who will be pin stripping my BM66 know in advance, going for genuine pin striping so just need to decide how far I want to take it, definitely going on the lockbar, rails and speaker panel, maybe backbox hinges, legs and maybe some other surprise bits

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

It arrived at last! #1999! Couldn't be happier with the number and card!

That's one of the best cards I've seen congrats on the SLE.

I am a firefighter and my little boy just saw your pics and said you have my card anything fire related he believes is mine, the joys of having a boy who loves his old mans job

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Has anyone received a premium yet?

A few pinsiders have posted pics of premiums and I am sure there are a couple on location that people have snapped some photos of, there are certainly a few out there that's for sure.

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is pretty amazing there are two boards and that many connections required for the topper. It is very cool, but I hope it's used for something cool during game play.

I doubt Stern would spend $$ on cable and connectors unless they had to, from the sounds of it and from the photo I saw of a topper being installed all the connections must mean there will hopefully be a lot of topper interactivity.

I hope the topper interacts a lot with the game as this will be my first ever topper.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

And I hope the topper is made available for the Premium.

Still don't think it's been confirmed what topper premium owners will get but a few people have said it's been rumoured there will be an exclusive premium topper

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is a part number for the boards in the manual, a part number for the topper and a common code base. I presume if your distributor can order those parts you could add the topper.

I am guessing the premium is missing the boards found in the LE and SLE?

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

And I hope the topper is made available for the Premium.

Heads up txstargazer3 a couple of LE owners have said they may sell their toppers, I can't find the posts now but I remember reading the posts, might be worth making a wanted ad?

#524 7 years ago

Sub villains and their modes have probably just not been coded in yet, it sounds like they will be integral to gameplay and stack well with main villains should be great once they are all programmed in and working with main modes, looking forward to what George and Lyman mentioned during the deadflip stream.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you order/buy a print on that site? Hiding it!

I don't have Facebook and since I'm outside the US all international orders are asked to not make payment and message first but without Facebook I have no way of messaging regarding shipping

He really needs a dedicated site his work is fantastic!

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I added a spot light to mine on the right sling to light up the center.

Holy good thinking frolic you just gave me an awesome idea for this game

#630 7 years ago

Got any pics MK of the clear rubbers? I haven't seen the clear titans in person.

#648 7 years ago

Those clear rubbers look awesome MK, they almost glow, can see what you mean about them letting the light out, those are titan rubbers? I may have to give them a try. Like the cliffy coloured sleeves too but like you said literally any colour would work on this game, I was looking at your pics thinking blue looks great, but yellow would work, so would red, then again purple would too

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ice has talked me out of it...if I develop a chip, I'll put the Cliffys in, and blame him endlessly ( he won't care...)..

If that happens I will sign your petition to get Ice to pay up and replace your playfield

Seemed appropriate to try and make some of the doom and gloom a little more light hearted

#658 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I spent a month getting GB right and love the game. I'm a newbie and certainly don't know as much as all the experts here but just not buying into this game based on the price point. I guess technically I did but into it. I'm sure it will get better.

Different strokes for different folks but give the code some time to develop and then see how you feel, with Lyman on code the game is probably going to maintain its value as the code continues to improve the game so you hopefully wont see a loss and can always sell it on down the road.

I would like a JJP game myself, but so far none of the themes have grabbed me, I keep hearing the rumour he has been trying to get the Bond licence if he manages that I would be all over it.

#674 7 years ago

Could someone with their game in hand kindly post up a pic of the left and right orbit, round the area where the shot/lane arrow is. Is there anywhere to mount anything on existing screw/mounts, maybe using lane guide if there is screw mounting into playfield. Thanks

#679 7 years ago

Instead of glue why not just use bigger screws? Drill a little into the bottom of the toy with a drill bit a mm or 2 small than screw to give it something to grip, should work

I have a replacement for my batmobile lined up so I'll have to see how I can mount that when I get it.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

will mylar protect from these craters ?
will mylar weaken the use of the magnet?

No need, Stern can replace people's magnets with some that are not made out of compressed tin foil.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Game is pitched at 7 and I'm still having a ton of airballs flying off the left ramp shot and ending up in the saucer. What else can be done to stop this?
Quite often getting the ball stuck on the back edge of the batmobile spinner.

Do you not have the plastic covers on your ramps? How are they not stopping the air balls?

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was hoping to try this game from MSA on Fri during their anniversary bash. They said they were going to put it on free play for Fri only. Sadly on facebook they posted after they unwrapped it they found a weld was broken on the turntable. I hope they can get it running soon.
https://m.facebook.com/Main-Street-Amusements-169480896422113/?__tn__=C
I think they still haven't gotten TBL fixed yet.

Sucks to have game crippling problem out of the box, but it really sucks when they where going to have it on free play for their anniversary that's a great way to celebrate with your customers, hope they get it fixed quickly.

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don't understand pf protectors personally. To each their own!
I do understand lighting. George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light. I ran out of whites so I had to use some purple for two spots and green for trough temporarily. These pics are glass on with PDI.
I'll be streaming this again tomorrow around 7pm EST

Those are a couple of great places for additional lighting, I probably wouldn't have thought about using the nuts just above the slings, nice touch

Any chance you did before and afters to see the difference? Guessing it was fairly noticeable your table just seems to POP with colour compared to other stock photos.

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The 6 pinball's Stern included with my BM66LE pin were very poor quality. They were all scratched and nicked.
Highly recommend buying new balls from Pinball Life.

Are the Pinball Life balls the best available to buy?

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Per Terry, They're out of stock for regular pinballs and shinies until early Feb.
I can do a before/after pic later/tmrw

Well that sucks I was going to order some, seems most people rate the super shinies.

Awesome thanks for the pic would be great to see a before and after of the lighting.

#918 7 years ago

Great photos can see the difference instantly extra spots really help light up the dark areas and make the playfield pop.

Is it possibly to mount a couple spots behind the ramps aimed at the turntable to light that area up?

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bingo...my plan...the turntable will take a bit of headscratching......

I'm thinking some sort of bare led (maybe a flex would make it easier) ir spot lamp that you can mount behind the ramps and aim towards the turntable should be a relativity simple solution.

Looking forward to seeing what RandomKG comes up with.

#951 7 years ago

Anyone with the eaglemoss batmobile able to confirm the length, thanks.

#966 7 years ago

Holy take my money now Batman!

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.my B66LE #53 Batzooka!! And is it f..ked up!! There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there! #3rdball went into the carosel and froze Wow what a piece of dodo this is!! Has any body been able to play this pin right out of the box??? very disappointed with this shit!!!!

Any chance of a pic of your plaque and what signed card did you get?

And don't forget to add your info here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

#988 7 years ago

Pinsider Pickenheim has an LE for sale @ $9800 #57 Badget - Anti Blast Bat Powder

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44277

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was wondering how it would look to use the batsignal plastic housing mounted to a post to house a spot light to help with lighting up the playfield. Might look a nicer than a standard spot light but it would also be bigger which would be a drawback.

Holy mind reader batman

stay tuned...

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is Pinside, the more stuff you can cram into your pinball machine the better.
I would recommend 42 of them.

rd

Good sir how dare you say such things in this thread this is not Twilight Zone

IMG_0628 (resized).JPGIMG_0628 (resized).JPG

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just saw the latest version of pinball browser is out and lets you see all the videos in a spike firmware file. Looks like batman 0.65 code has 1,831 videos in it! Lots of great clips in there. Looking forward to seeing them in the game itself eventually.

Please have clips from the movie in there, there would be no better mode/s than a "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" and "Robin! Hand me the shark repellent bat spray" hidden wizard or hurry ups

#1110 7 years ago

Agreed. And we gotta have at least one Joker "Oh deeeelicious"!!

That's gotto be a there if you score well in joker modes. Hopefully Lyman adds a good amount of high score boards like he did with TWD.

#1175 7 years ago

Has PinballLife stopped selling the super shiny pinballs? Was about to place an order so I have some in time for my LE but cant find them anywhere

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Added the blades today. Looks niiice

Those look different where did you get those from? Look great, I have never really bothered with toppers or art blades but with BM66 they are both great!

#1202 7 years ago

Only just spotted your ramp decals, they look awesome!

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can someone make some decals for the ramps that are bit more subdued and simply say something like "PURRRFECT" and "MEEOOWW" or something. I like the spotted sprint idea but it's a bit much for me personally. I'd like to see the metal still but have some sort of design on it. (Like the laser cut M in Metallica, the A in Avengers entrance ramp, etc). Be good to have something more like those, subtle but still very cool.

I haven't got my LE yet, but are the ramps purely allocated to Catwoman? do they have any other assets/uses assigned to them, or should I say in this early stage of the code is there any hint of that/impressions so far.

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Mostly Catwoman, start and complete her mode. In Joker mode there's a roaming arrow to hit and it's in front of the ramps sometimes. Riddler lights them but I don't know their value to his mode, though possibly to help build Super Jackpot.

Quoted from ATLpb:

Indeed They're likely "cat woman enough" that the decals would be legit

Yeah that's why I was asking, was curious if Batman & Robin phrases or logos would be out of place on them, or maybe fight bubble text like POW, BIFF etc etc.

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wonder why Stern already has Aerosmith accessories (topper, art blades, etc) in the Stern store already but still nothing for Batman66? At expo they said art blades, glow sling protectors, topper batsignal projector, and who knows what else would be available for sale.

I thought the exact same thing when they announced and release images of all the Aerosmith accessories, maybe its worth someone calling to ask, I asked my distributor to ask about the projector and he has had no response from Stern via email.

#1218 7 years ago

They fit really well, easily pass for factory. Soon as I saw the first photos had metal ramps I wanted to do something to them, I was thinking about some sort of catch phrase or line from the show or batman and robins emblems but the ramps appear to be pretty much exclusive to Catwoman, maybe that will change in future updates.

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just heard on Chris Franchi's podcast that he is in the process of doing some inner art blades for the Batman66 game. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with and when they will be available in the Stern store.

Cool, but makes it even more bizarre Stern included inner art blades on the LEs last minute, seems like they have only left themselves Premium owners as their buyers, although if they are awesome and coming from Chris there bound to be I am sure people will swap them out and upgrade so to speak, just unusual for Stern to give something away for free, especially when they plan to charge for them down the road.

Hopefully Stern do a little press release with images of all the BM66 mods soon, along with future code updates it gives buyers stuff to be excited for as the title matures.

#1223 7 years ago

I cant remember what game I saw it, but the previous owner had used a razor blade and put a slit in the blue pad and slipped it over the ramp edge, it was glued as I had to use goo gone to get it completely off. Don't know how it would have held off as I put it back to factory with a new pad, but maybe buy some spare pads and try that Cooked??

#1225 7 years ago

Maybe try a spare blue pad and try a slit and slide it over the ramp edge/front face lip, might have been a TF I saw it on, either way the ramp was perfect underneath the pad it did its job.

#1297 7 years ago

Looks awesome man! Fingers crossed George's umpteenth code promise comes through later today.

#1315 7 years ago

Great card iceman44 don't think I've seen that one yet on pinside

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Stern play tested these things!?

They do extensively

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

When the Beasts of the night begin to stir,and the black powers form to do their damage,Bats in their caves begin their nightly dance. Their wings open and flail into the darkness,who's pin shall feel the wrath of failure !! And the feel of THE THRILLER!!!!! AAAAAAhaaAaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Hawkmoon knows!!!

I'll have some of whatever your smoking

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The shots are so fun. Even the orbits! I can't recall ever having so much fun just simply hitting orbits, both of them. A clean L orbit shot that rips into the saucer or a clean R orbit shot that flies into the lock section of the table- they're super!

Are you able to make complete orbit shots from either side?

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No code yet to lift the one way gate to allow complete orbit through right orbit - so its into the pops. It is possible as the gate has a coil and there is a super skill shot that passes all the way around. Really hope it happens.
All shots from left end in the top scoop so wont be possible to loop from left orbit.

Left orbit is the same as BDK then, I just can't remember for the life of me when I had my BDK if you could loop from the right orbit.

Either way I hope Lyman adds it to this game,it would be great to be able to do a fast right orbit loop, as well as the bat cave lock into the turntable mech which looks like a satisfying shot.

#1359 7 years ago

On offer! Should keep me busy until my LE arrives or we hit code version 1.0 whichever is sooner

IMG_0631 (resized).JPGIMG_0631 (resized).JPG

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's how my riddler plastic turned out in scale relationship to the ornaments. The color is better than the picture is showng and the plastic is the neon green edge glow

Just finished watching the 66 movie and we really need a shark repellant scene or can't get rid of a bomb scene on the LCD but even better a plastic would be great!

It's a shame Stern didn't make a mold for the pops like they did for GB (city mold) could have been the barcopter with the rope and shark on batman or a big bomb

#1373 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now you're talking!
rd

Everyone needs a barcopter

#1374 7 years ago

Batbomb mod. (The redish orange led flickers like its on fire). Plan to paint the led wire white to match the fuse.

Looks great!! Did you try the fuse using EL wire? And do you plan to sell these, if not where did you get the bomb from?

#1384 7 years ago

Anyone with a little inside knowledge or contact at Stern able to ask or find out if they are able to use Batman 66 Movie footage & assests?

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll look again, but I thought the multi ball video clips might be from the movie. I think the villains are fighting inside of the Batcave. Of course, if I look up to verify, I'll probably drain my multi ball.

If there is movie footage Taz it's worth the risk of draining

If there is one clip from the movie it means they have movie assests which means we could get a shark repellent mode and bat bomb mode - those two additions would make This game a classic

#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That clip is from one pf the 3 part episodes. The first epispde of the 3 was called "Zodiac Crimes" which featured Joker and Penguin. It was marketed as a Batman Special celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the show.
In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume. The big fight scene with all 4 villains (well all 4 villains stunt doubles) at the end of the movies takes place on the top deck of Penguins submarine.

Well that sucks, I was really hoping they would have access to movie assets. I might load the latest update into pin browser and see if I can view the video clips one at a time. Since this all seems to use the assets from the slot machine I wonder if anyone that's played the slot can comment on any movie clips shown on that?

#1402 7 years ago

Finally heard UK games should be shipping within next couple of weeks

Hopefully get another 2 or 3 code updates by the time they arrive, that will make the wait worth it.

#1405 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,BOY,just wait till those B66 LEs hit Europe!! No tech support,no spare parts,weeks of wait even to get a part!! Oh,and you say ,no,our pins won;t be broken like yours all were??? HAAAA HAAAAAAAAhahahahaha!

IMG_0701 (resized).JPGIMG_0701 (resized).JPG

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So slow??? We've had ours for 2 weeks already, and our ship takes at least 2 weeks longer. Alien might be shipping by the time u get your B66!!

Yeah I have no idea why it's taken this long doesn't usually.

But on the bright side we should hopefully get our Aliens before anyone else

#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Shes on the translite, playfiled plastic, and backbox so not sure why she wouldnt be in the video clips. She was also in the slot machine so she was part of that kaminkow license.

Have you played the slot doc?

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Gameplay and flow seems kind of redundant and boring.
When I compare it to GBLE, the fun factor doesnt even seem close.
Anyone else feel the same??

Gomez has always designed games that are more stop and go than flow. I have got Ritchie & Borg games for flow it's nice to have a little design variety.

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

But at least with TWD there seemed to be better, more interesting shots even at first
I really hope Im wrong.....

Didn't TWD get a pretty negative reception upon release and some of that was down to it being a clunkfest out of the box?

Lymans magic with the code turned TWD in to one of Sterns best.

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree....I'm settling in nicely to the different feel of this one. It's a very "tight layout" and the little loop shots around rotisserie, as well as right ramp w spinner gives some nice twists on play. Call outs are starting to get relative, and while lots of polish still to come, I really enjoy the nuances and pure fun of this title right now!!!

Soon as the villain vision is implemented and the villians taunt us as the player (hopefully Gomez delivers on this promise, well I guess its up to Lyman in a way so there is hope!) it will add to the immersion and completely change the feel of the game, add some timers/hurry ups to the taunts as well and it should be pure cheesy fun which will nail the theme.

#1440 7 years ago

Magnet behavior does seem pretty random. Sometimes it grabs, sometimes it ignores completely, sometimes it can REALLY fling the ball around in crazy ways. I've only had one SDTM though.

Most probably code related, one thing you can be sure of with Stern and certainly Lyman is they don't often slack on the usage of playfield magnets

#1449 7 years ago

For Stern to market BM66 as such a special anniversary premium product they really should have just had enclosed wireforms at the bends. Sure someone will make their own down the road the skill set on pinside never ceases to amaze me.

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That wasn't what people were saying on initial release though. People were saying the shot layout on TWD was awful and clunky and not satisfying and in the pops too often and no code could save it...now everyone says the shot layout is awesome for TWD.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Respectfully disagree. I don't think everyone says that the shots are awesome. It still has the annoying issues that existed from day one, but the code has greatly salvaged the game. Everyone talks about what Lyman did, which is only code and rules; he didn't change the geometry or layout.
So credit where due. TWD is awesome *now* because of Lyman. Put any other coder on this game and I strongly suspect it would get repeatedly trashed.

Your both right, I posted this video in TWD thread (it's Lyman talking about all aspects of TWD, specifically code, why he coded certain features the way he did - even mentions due to the design and complaints more than once) which is why I thought it would be worth re-posting here as some of his thought process from TWD will surely flow into BM66, specifically if there is a design/shot issue he can program round like he mentions and did in TWD.

It's an awesome video and well worth watching Lyman play and listening to his ideas behind coding etc

#1474 7 years ago

Should have gone with "HOLY SEIZURE WARNING BATMAN!" under Robin and then some Batman like response under Batman like "Too true Robin, Pinball is not all fun and games it carries serious health warnings old chum!"

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That's not a bad idea!

Why thank you

Quoted from ATLpb:

Here are my turntable/ramp lights which I finally got around to. 7 smd led warm white on left side of right ramp. 7 smd led natural white on underside of left ramp. I'm happy with it.

Very nice, massive improvement hopefully I can do something similar with my LE but I plan to laser cut something into both my ramps.

#1503 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

This might Not be the bad-ass mod everyone must have but I think it fills in the plain black plates where the speakers are nicely at least until Stern has something for sale on their site. Found these on Amazon. They are basically plug-n-play. just magnets.
Link is below...takes a week or two to arrive, not prime.
amazon.com link »

Looks cheap and kinda silly, however I gave you a thumbs up because you just gave me a killer idea for a speaker grill mod!!

#1509 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now about those empty plain looking speaker grills on the LE and premium games. Whose got some ideas there?

Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah I've been brainstorming the speaker grills since day one. Want to powder coat them along with door but not 100% sure on colors. To each their own, rlslick, I'm not a fan of the magnets either, I think the white background/borders kill it for me

rlslick magnets are not to my taste but I think he is onto something!

Having various fight text words BIFF, BAM, WHACK, POW etc behind the grills light up and flash (say for now when the pops fire as the plastics there have fight text and I imagine the LCD will show that to) would be pretty cool.

Or another idea I had was a custom panel cover powder coated to march the existing LE black flake armour with the batmobil headlights in the position of the speaker grills - with the topper in place it would make the backbox look like the front end of the batmobile.

Couple good ideas thanks to rlslick, so well worth the thumbs up for his initial concept!

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I agreed the SLE speaker panel is nice. I think I'd like to see something like that except replace the SLE bat logo style with one that looks like the one on the batmobile door. That with some backlit speakers similar to the SLE would be nice.

That's exactly my plan once my LE arrives to use the Batmobile bat symbol for a lockdown mod and possibly speaker panels unless i go with fight text (POW, WHAM, BIFF etc) for my speaker panels.

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

"Fight Text" haha very nice. You've coined a solid explanatory term for the concept. I plan to use it from here on out! Bravo!

Quoted from taz:

I second that!

Haha thanks guys.

I just think it will look great behind the speaker panels every time the pops fire or maybe other switches like all 4 villain shots, to have BIFF, POW, WHAM (aka fight text ) flashing up with RGB leds behind them so they are always a random colour just look cool and fit the theme perfectly.

That's definitely my fall back plan if a batmobile speaker grilll proves too much work or just doesn't look as good in reality as it does in my head

#1520 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

About those bare speaker grills, I think the ones on this game look decent and would assume it could be done easily on all models -

yeah shouldn't be too hard to replicate, I plan on trying a few things with my speaker grills one is a copy of the SLE grills but with the batmobile bat symbol instead of batmans chest bat symbol.

#1565 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Has anyone had any problems with the ball bouncing out of the riddler eject hole before it can register? I've fine tuned everything else but this one is giving me problems. Has anyone found a fix for this?

My BDK used to do the same on a smooth fast shot into the saucer, if it was a super clean shot it would bounce out, from memory I used a couple of blue ramp pads I had spare, never touched it again after that.

Quoted from cooked71:

Does BTDK have the same Riddler hole?

From what I can tell yes, the saucer looks identical to BDK

#1579 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I just noticed today my crane does not move all the way over to the left position. I went into the test menu and I could not get the crane to move to far left in test either. It looked like that position in test was already highlighted like that opto was already triggered. I hope that opto is not bad. Any suggestions on how to fix it. I am going to update the code to the latest version and see if that fixes it.

Have you checked to ensure there is no cable or wiring wrapped around the crane mech below playfield? If the mech detects any resistance maybe it stops itself from moving to the next position to avoid binding or damage.

#1600 7 years ago

Once my LE arrives, I can give my new Batmobile a test fit, fingers crossed.

IMG_0794 (resized).JPGIMG_0794 (resized).JPG

#1612 7 years ago

Hallmark Batmobile is just over 4" long.

What size is the stock hot wheels Batmobile?

#1635 7 years ago

Anyone that used Facebook with George added, seen any hints regarding next code drop? I know George has dropped a day or hint with the last two updates.

#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Just saw the new EB animation earlier today. Lol that alone was worth my ~$10k

Anyone able to do a little video of it?

Still no word from Stern when UK games are going to ship

#1761 7 years ago

Anyone got any idea how much a top wireform would cost to enclose the ramp? If I stick with my LE order I'd rather go for a complete wireform for the top of the ramp than a plastic, this is a 10k pin after all

#1787 7 years ago

Looks good!
Im doing the same thing but adding a small spinning motor to it.

Mezel was doing that but seems to have abandoned BM66 for Aerosmith

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

kinda feel like I'm heading in this direction with the batman pin

Do what you have to do man to protect her, I think it's awesome your taking your SLE for others to play, have it in a dust free booth if you need to

I'm sure everyone will appreciate you bringing it in the first place, even if you make them wear white overalls, dust mask and gloves

#1797 7 years ago

That is literally what I had envisioned, you work fast man

#1804 7 years ago

Thought I would drop this link in here, thread created by cooked71

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made

How many BM66 owners would be interested in an enclosed wireform to replace the cheap'o plastic cover?

Ideally a small top side only wireform could be made to make the beginning of the ramps complete/full wireforms, it would also be the most cost effective option, but if it had to be a complete replacement wireform would people still be interested at the added expense?

Reason I ask is since I decided to stay in on my BMLE its something I have already begun looking into and will certainly pursue for my own game, then I spotted cooked71 thread and realised I am obviously not the only one with this idea.

#1818 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The playfield feels pretty barren and could have used more toys for shot indicators, especially for what they charge..

BDK was the same, but once the Crane comes into play it takes up most of that empty space and on BDK the later Crane levels/modes had some pretty cool behaviour in the code and some great light shows. Honestly I would take the Crane over the usual static bash toys that make the playfield look more loaded but don't actually do anything, I love TWD but its bash toy over load, BM66 is a nice change up which is why I have both coming now

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Where would one specifically locate a Cliffy for this game...that is available?
I am assuming it is the same as BDK.....but I cannot find one for sale??
Mike

Here you go direct to the man himself http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

#1822 7 years ago

How does the playfield protector sit on the scoops? does it fold over or just stop at the edge?

#1824 7 years ago

Stops right at the edge.

Quoted from labnip:

question:
if we put on the full playfield protector (overlay), do we also need the cliffy protectors? or no?
if we did need both, i'm guessing the cliffy protectors would go on first, then playfield protector.

Guess it depends how the playfield is holding up, I had a TRON LE & BDK and I had no playfield protectors on them, had a mantis like design on the scoops, and just filled the little lip it created between the edge of the playfield and the metal lip with clear nail polish, thing looked new after 100s of plays, but I always brush on some clear nail hardener on scoops and out holes and it holds up great.

#1829 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Until I started playing the game, my first thought is "the playfield is too open and looks a little sparse". But that changed when I saw the crane go into action. I think it's one of the most unique bash toys in modern pinball and it works very well in this game.

It works really well on BM66 because of the art, that open area is full of great looking art and yeah people will say "you don't play the art" but wasn't that one of the charms of pinball back in the day, the artwork and draw of it? But like you say as soon as the crane comes out and I am pretty confident Lyman will either port the same behaviour the 3 crane modes had in BDK over to BM66 and those crane modes 2 and 3 where great fun to shoot or maybe if we are lucky and he has a fresh idea even tweak them add some new behaviour to the crane. Either way its one of Sterns best toys and I am glad they re-used it on a game with all the things I wanted to change/add to my BDK.

Quoted from jfh:

The most common complaint about BM66 (QC issues notwithstanding) is that it's just a retheme of BDK because of the scoop and crane. I remember playing BDK a fair bit and really wanted to like it. I never did. I don't know how much theme played into that (not a big BDK movie fan).

Nah that's just the only thing the haters can keep shouting about, I had a BDK NIB and I got in on BM66 because it brought the crane back and kept that part of the design. BDK was a decent game but the single ramp leading to the teeter totter and the extremely slow and repetitive upper playfield killed the fun factor of the table and I am a big Batman Begins and The Dark Knight fan, but the crappy sound package and poor use of the licence with those two crappy ramps ruined the game for me.

Quoted from jfh:

As someone else said, I think there was a missed opportunities by not having toys like "sliding down the Batpoles" or "Batmobile exits the Batcave", but if we just see BM66 as a retheme, George got it right this time and the uniqueness of the crane toy is a big part of why it works.

Yeah that was me
Software can help with that, if we get some cool footage of the batpoles in gameplay that will help ease the fact they are missing physically, I have a plan for my game to put an iconic part of the batcave into the game but I really need my LE first to see if its even possible, should be its fairly simple idea to add something iconic back in with imagery that's also interactive.

#1832 7 years ago

At this point, anyone who says B66 is a TDK re-theme is either trolling or has not played the two games. They share some layout; that's it.

Completely agree!

Just noticed while watching BM66 on blu ray there is an odd error at the end of episode ten of season one "a death worse than fate" it says next week batman faces the joker, yet episode 11 is "a riddle a day keeps the riddler away" no joker in sight, just thought it was odd and worth sharing

#1837 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

that's it !
i'm selling my pin

I know I was outraged! Promising me the joker then giving me the riddler, unbelievable!

#1857 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats a great idea. I think I have some black acrylic and I can cut out those wing points. I may have to try that. Thanks

Quoted from Manimal:

Yes, I think the Bat-a-rang protector needs to be made.............I would be in for one just for the looks. But you need to use the old version.

That's a great idea! I am getting some quotes for partial (top only) wireforms for the first part of the existing ramps and complete replacement wireforms again with fully enclosed beginnings to do what Stern should have done, but a batarang plasic would also be awesome!

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you are in the new england area area stop at the North East Comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. Adam West and Burt Ward will be there saturday and sunday. I will have my Batman66 LE there to play with 100% of the coin drop going to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Just finished setting it up right next to the batmobile and the bat cycle.
Come meet the real Batman and Robin and play pinball for a good cause!

Are both Adam and Burt there for a autograph session?

1 week later
#1949 7 years ago

twenty84 is that just a photo printed decal? Looks awesome do you plan to sell any?

#1951 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I pulled apart the original button and sanded the word "start" off using 800 grit sand paper. The new graphic was printed on transparency film and put on top of the green plastic insert then I popped the original transparent plastic dome back on and reassembled the switch. PM me if you want to buy the transparency insert. I realize not everyone is up to doing this and would sell the assembled switches if I could find a source for original ones, but I don't know where to get them as of now.

Is there anyway to make the start button clear? is the green a plastic cap/cover or is the plastic itself green?

#1953 7 years ago

Thanks Doc, any idea why Stern have gone with a new button on BM66? I noticed Aerosmith is the same with the new flush style button, GB had the classic inset Start Button, maybe its a Spike 2 thing, but I might give that button ago, see how it fits and report back.

#1970 7 years ago

If games make it to the UK fully functional I will be amazed, these welds breaking on the turntable is a real problem, Stern release there most expensive pin to date and have a real chance to show QC issues have been handle and are top notch, instead they show they are worse than ever and simultaneously push away their most loyal customers

#1984 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just listened to K-----'s podcast where George Gomez was a guest. Gomez said the next BM66 code update will be Monday or Tuesday. Also said that Lyman is only working on the BM66 code right now and not splitting time between other games.

Awesome thanks for posting the info, hopefully George wasn't just spinning more sales talk, if Lyman has been working purely on BM66 code I imagine that's the reason we haven't seen an update in a while, he's probably been working double time to drop a game changing update prior to TPF, he's done similar things with updates in the past.

#1986 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The 2 major things that haven't been implemented yet are gadgets and sub-villains. Im guessing he's attempting to implement either of those for the next update. Sub-villains are huge. Gadgets not so big, but will probably be important. I'm going with gadgets for the next update.

If Lyman has been working on nothing but BM66 as George says then I wouldn't be surprised to see both implemented into code.

It's been just over a month since the last update and something tells me Lyman possibly had those previous couple of updates ready to go and tested prior to releasing them, so he could have been working on this next update longer than just the last four weeks since the last update, either way there is a good chance this next update could be pretty substaintial and a game changer.

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

New code
V0.70.0 - March 22, 2017
========================
- Added a wizard mode for defeating all of the major villains.
- Started at the top eject (Bat Signal).
- 4 ball multiball, all villains lit.
- Shoot the left and right ramps to defeat Catwoman.
- Shoot the turntable to defeat the Joker. (Once the Joker has been
defeated, the turntable will move to the Batcave position and the
playfield multiplier will be available.)
- Bash the crane (complete all positions) and shoot the Penguin VUK
to defeat The Penguin.
- Shoot the left/right loops to defeat The Riddler.
- Defeat all villains to light the Top Eject for Super Jackpot.
- Shot scoring is based on villain mode play (number of batphone
hurry-up target hits + number of mode shots made).
- Super Jackpot scoring is based on the super jackpot values
collected during the villain modes (in order). A new value is
added each time a super jackpot is collected.
- Added lamp effects for turntable lock kick, top eject kick, and penguin
VUK kick.
- Batphone hurry-up is awarded at the top eject if the major villain wizard
mode is ready to start.
- Added display (removed red dots) for the multiplier award display effect.
- Added additional biff bam pow effects for multiball and villain wizard
mode.
- Main multiball, main multiball lock, and major villain wizard mode
shot/super jackpot awards were not killing the large effects when the
display effect would go away. This has been corrected.
- Added major villain high scores (+ attract mode display).
- Penguin crane set to HOME position if a valid position cannot be found.
- Added display for lock lit. Added sounds and speech.
- Added display for atomic pile hit (playfield multiplier).
- Added info for lock lit and atomic pile (playfield multiplier) lit.
- Added display for lighting the atomic pile.
- Added attract mode displays for BAT PHONE CHAMPION and BONUS CHAMPION.
- Fixed an issue where the music for the minor villain mode select
background was starting before the display effect.
- Added a setting for clearing the penguin VUK in case multiple balls get
stuck in the VUK and cannot be cleared by a single kick.
- Removed main multiball start from the list of effects that can be
aborted by pressing both flipper buttons.
- Playfield multiplier now paused during main multiball start and villain
wizard mode start.
- Replaced custom message display in attract mode.
- Cleaned up attract mode HSTD. Seperated out animations so they can be
flipped through individually such that the player doesn't have to wait
for HSTD 1/2 or even longer for HSTD 3/4.
- Fixed "Game Over" animation so the text can be translated.
- Fixed "Replay At" animation such that the translated text ins't rendered
outside of the black area.
- Added background to the find out more at sternpinball.com.
- Combos were not scoring values with the shot multiplier. This has been
corrected.
- Added a background lamp effect for catwoman ready.
- Added a background lamp effect for joker ready.
- Added basic instant info (newspaper / replace red dots).
- Timers now paused when the ball is in the top eject and the penguin VUK.
- SPIKE 2 O/S changed to 2.0.4 (better handling of split SPK files).

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just played a few games. Was unable to start the wizard mode so I can't comment on that yet. Did not see or hear any new call outs or videos in the existing modes, but that was not stated in the readme. So we're still waiting for the big update where all the call outs come to life as well as a lot more video content.
The high score screens though have Villains now, and also a Bonus High Score, and they are easily scrolled through with the flippers, so that is cool.
So it seems the big change then is that wizard mode.

Any chance of some screenshots or video frolic if those high score screens have graphics worth showing off of course.

Am I the only one that loves multiple high score tables/screens? TWD is one of my favs with all the different high scores to achieve just adds to things to aim for with a game at home.

#2020 6 years ago

I agree but Jesus at this pace it's gonna take 7 years for code completion.

TWD took 13 months to progress 0.55 in code terms from release to its current state, which might need a little polish but its about as complete in regards to code as you can get. If BM66 ends up anywhere near as good as TWD or hopefully even better the wait will be worth it, obviously I am hopeful it reaches that state sooner.

V1.11 - October 28, 2014
V1.19 - November 25, 2014
V1.24 - May 22, 2015
V1.25 - May 29, 2015
V1.28 - July 2, 2015
V1.41 - Aug. 25, 2015
V1.53 - Nov. 23, 2015
V1.56 - Dec. 1, 2015

#2022 6 years ago

For reference MET took 3 years ( forgot it was that long LOL) to progress 0.60 in code progression

V1.1 - June 5, 2013
V1.11 - June 6, 2013
V1.13 - June 10, 2013
V1.16 - June 28, 2013
V1.2 - July 31, 2013
V1.22 - August 13, 2013
V1.5 - March 6, 2014
V1.51 - March 17, 2014
V1.6 - June 5, 2014
V1.63 - September 2, 2014
V1.64 - April 23, 2015
V1.7 - June 19, 2016

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But post-release progression is a different animal than pre-release - it's always slower because there are other games to get out. Both of those games shipped with 1.0 or better code. Batman'66 shipped with essentially Alpha code and is working toward Beta, but it's happening at a post-release pace, when it should be a pre-release pace.

i honestly don't think I ever played either TWD or MET on intial/release code, just how much more complete where they compared to say where BM is now with this update?

A lot of Sterns currently "complete" games are only sitting at around code revision 1.30, and that is only a number associated with the code has little relevance to the actual content, we have had big updates jump 0.02 in code and small updates jump 0.10 in the past I'm more concerned with the content over the revision number.

But I totally get what your saying I'm just guessing that Lyman is maybe looking at v1.0 (which is usually release code) as complete, we might see a huge update adding gadgets and villain vision interaction that could jump 0.05 or 0.10 in revision. Either way each update is making me feel more and more confident Lyman is once again not just going to deliver a good game but a great one.

#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is at least 6-12 months ahead of when the public should have ever been able to buy it.

That's exactly the time frame BM66 release was moved up in order to meet Anniversary deadlines. Totally agree with you PinMonk about the whole situation and state of code, but the people above Lyman made that decision while he was coding and finishing up Spike 2, I am sure the early release not to mention it was no longer a VE but a redesign on Spike 2 (which probably wasn't even finished at that time) was a shock to him. Lyman probably couldn't even start coding BM66 early as he was still wrapping up Spike 2 - which would explain the non flipping attract only reveal.

I am just saying that with Lyman coding we know he will make this into an awesome game, he took MET and TWD from boring to brilliant, yeah Stern shouldn't have released it like they did but Lyman will once again save Sterns ass on this title again, its what he does

#2031 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea what they're paying him, but whatever it is isn't enough.

Never a truer word spoken in this thread, his value at Stern is priceless couldn't put a figure on his worth to the company but as you said whatever he is paid it is not enough, there are a lot of people like that at Stern who are worth their weight in gold.

#2035 6 years ago

Be prepared for a "Winter is Coming" inspired Strobe when you qualify Batsignal Wizard mode. Ouch

Still yet to get my hands on a GOT is the strobe what I've heard so many refer to as GOT retina blowing lighting? Would love to see this in action with my own eyes

#2037 6 years ago

I'll call it "Winter is Coming Lite". In a dark room, it was not so fun.

I will give the tutorial on YouTube a watch and see if it shows it, got me curious now so I need to witness it, lucky I have some shades handy

#2063 6 years ago

Could someone with the 0.70 code possibly list all the current High Score tables there are in the game/attract now?

Thanks

#2066 6 years ago

GC
HS1/2
HS2/3
Batphone
Catwoman
Joker
Riddler
Penguin
Bonus
Edit:
And they all look exactly like the previous HS screens.

Thanks man!

Was hoping for a COMBO Champion.

Didn't TWD all have placeholder HS screens and then the custom HS screens that are in place now came later?

#2069 6 years ago

There is a combo champ setting, but it's not in my attract mode yet. I think it's coming.

I take it that setting is in the audits menu? Would be great to see it added as a high score, maybe Lyman hasn't coded all the combos yet so is waiting to do that before he adds a high score/champ for it.

#2082 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shot of the part of the playfield shows a couple of the dimples, but I really had to look hard for any that obvious....again, much more scratching ( will clean and wax tonight)....kind of weird...it's like the whole cc sort of " cured" or something. I'm no expert in this topic, but just lucky, I guess....

By the time our games in the UK arrive, we should have the hardest/most cured playfields of all the BM66's

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pulled the glass, and it feels very smooth, but " dimpled" there. Don't they make a shooter lane kit, which would guard against this ( my IM has something down there).
I'm grateful that's all I can find, compared to some of the other pics I've seen.

Cliffy does one I believe or is in the process of making one. There is also a German company (same one that does the playfield protectors) that does shooter lane protectors out of.... I think PETG and they look pretty cool.

#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is the one in my IM....might pick one up....looks like a Cliffy....my scoop is flawless, but am sure it will wear over time...might as well get that one too....

Yeah that's a Cliffy, the German shooter lane protectors look pretty cool http://pinball-universe.de/batman-66-shooter-lane-protector depending what look you want to go for?

My best shooter lane ever has always been Avatar LE, the metal strips in the shooter lane to detect which ball type is in the shooter lane makes the shooter lane bullet proof, shame I couldn't get a few more off Stern.

#2093 6 years ago

Does anyone know who owns this BM66? its a premium with LE/SLE armour on it, plus I noticed on the lock bar it has a replacement/new Bat emblem (the batmobile emblem) just wondering who made it? is it laser cut or just another decal? and who is making them/selling them as I want one

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pinball refinery machine. The bat emblem is plastic as well as the gadget plaque next to it.

Thanks Doc, plastic? Well I guess that holds up a lot better than the factory decals, metal would have been nice like my other Sterns but in the show everything was a sticker in the batmobile so plastic probably gives it that look.

Did you pick one up for your BM66?

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

discovered a sound problem on SLE (maybe all?).
had the SLE at TPF this last weekend.
the show is so loud that I turned the sound all-the-way up.
after a few hours of constant play by folks (had a line on it all day/night, every day), the sound would go 100% out.

I just think its awesome you took a SLE to a show

How did all your protection and bullet proofing hold up over the course of the weekend? Did you log how many plays BM got before and after the show?

#2133 6 years ago

For those with games in hand does the original tv series intro play at all on the pin, like in attract mode?

#2135 6 years ago

Hmmm seems like a missed opportunity not to have the original opening somewhere in the pin, attract more seemed like a no brainer

#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

For those having problems with the stand up Joker target, just adjust the two screws under the PF and straighten the target. It won't get stuck on the metal post anymore.

Didn't someone make stand up target plastic brackets to stop Ironman stand up targets from leaning? Would they work?

#2210 6 years ago

We are still waiting on our BM66 pins to show up in the UK so that certainly makes the code wait easier and I totally get what many are saying in this thread that PinMonk has repeated his frustrations multiple times but I totally see where he and others that are not happy are coming from.

This is Sterns anniversary pin and we all know it was revealed/released 5-6 months ahead of schedule but this was also marketed as Sterns anniversary pin, a celebration of their 30years in pinball and in many ways a thank you pin to all of us that helped them reach that milestone through the dark times when they could have easily gone out of business.

BM66 should be a priority on all fronts (quality control, code, communication) for Stern, this was the pin to show a new Stern that communicates and appreciates their supporters/customers and to also show the Stern that will be moving forward with quality issues resolved and setting the benchmark once again for not just cornerstone releases (Pro, Prem, LE) but setting a president for future SLE releases, clearly non of that has happened and it's resulted in turning customers like PinMonk and his Operator colleagues away.

We all want the same thing and that is for BM66 to be a gem that marks an amazing achievement for Stern, thanks to Lyman it probably will be but it would have been nice to see Stern push their first SLE tiered release with new found professionalism and pride.

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But Stern succeeds in spite of itself because operators, enthusiasts and rec room buyers (to use Gary's market segments) continue to buy new games no matter what Stern does (or more correctly, doesn't do). Until there is a marked decrease in sales that can be directly attributed to Stern's failures, we are just going to see more of the same.

That's the thing that is most puzzling about this release, it's like Stern have shot themselves in the foot for all future SLE releases, this should have been the newer more transparent Stern upon release, yet like you said they have failed on all fronts and I can only imagine damaged alot of customer trust with future SLE releases.

Gomez continuing to loosely promise code updates and miss every date hasn't helped and probably made people more sensitive to this release that alone is like loading the bullets themselves for the next shot, they are running out of toes at this rate

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Quick reminder that Lyman's signature is on the LE's and above- not just George. Recommended: ignore Vireland and get on with your life. Give it a few mos as was always the case....

I agree Random and I am sure vireland is more than aware Lyman is going to eventually work his magic on this game and make it another one of Sterns best, the way I read Vireland's post is he's less frustrated with BM66 physically and more frustrated with Gomez's communication which lets be fair has been pretty inexcusable for their first SLE release.

I also don't think we should be ignoring each other just because we have different opinions or feelings towards how BM66 currently sits, if we don't show as a group we expect better communication and game support especially at these SLE tiered releases (prices) then nothing will change from Stern, I love Stern but they do make it hard sometimes

#2243 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone screwed up on the Stern download page. Version 0.70 is listed as a Feb release when it actually was Mar 23rd. It's like they put the 0.70 release in the old 0.69 release slot. That's not the way it was when 0.70 was first put up, so it must have been changed in the past few weeks.

Yeah I noticed that today only seems to be the SLE that's had its date changed but in the readme dates appear correct

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Holy Hoppy Easter Egghead

That post was Eggcellent

#2254 6 years ago

It'll be fun when Egghead does something.

Should be Eggciting

#2258 6 years ago

At this point it has to be either more gadgets or some minor villain work right? Aside from scoring tweaks and some other bug fixes, is there anything else to do?
Major Stuff Left:
Minor Villains
Final Wiz Mode (Batusi)
More Gadgets
Minor Villain Wiz Mode?

+ Villain vision interaction
+ lightshows and sound fx
+ additional video and audio clips to flesh out modes which there are a tonne currently unused in the files

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

no code today.
I asked George. He said newest version goes into testing today. With a hope for a release early next week.
He said there's a lot in it. No other details, but its not coming today fellow owners.

Without sounding like a cynic hasn't George said something along these lines for the past 3 weeks? First we had code coming but a major bug put a stop to that release, then it was coming the following week but didn't materialise instead a fellow Pinsiders said George had said it was coming next week didn't know when but it was in testing and coming now here we are again another week till supposed code and no show but it's in testing again and coming next week?

I really hope this isn't the "same" code that was coming 3 weeks ago, with all this extra time due to bugs and delays it would be great if Lyman has been able to add more to the code following the major bug. Fingers crossed.

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've hit him up on Facebook, and looks like he's not happy to send to Australia. Would anyone here be willing to have mine delivered to them, then on send it to me? Obviously I'd pay for the poster and shipping and would take responsibility for any damage.

I can go one better for you! Why don't you send me your LE plaque and ill send you my LE plaque and that way you don't have to worry about all the shipping hassle buying the art and it saves you some money too, please don't thank me its the least I can do ..................

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, great idea. There are no problems, only solutions.
Have you got yours yet? Code will be almost complete by the time you get it.

Awesome glad you like my solution

They arrived in the UK last Sunday reached Distributor this Thursday gone (EDIT: yesterday in fact ) should be delivered next week, if the code hits early next week and its a content heavy update, it will be a great week to finally get BM66 in the house!

Now about that plaque my address is ......

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For $1000 I'd make you one that looks just like it and even have adam west sign it.

IMG_2072 (resized).JPGIMG_2072 (resized).JPG

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

mine is being delivered tomorrow!

One day too early Neil, code doesn't come till Thursday

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love that Lyman put the batmobile parachute pickup service in the game. Just played it and it's a really cool mode.

We now need a BPPS High Score added. Has a Combo Champion been added with this update?

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think there is a bat-turn champion now.

Awesome! Did Combo champion get added?

#2385 6 years ago

docquest as I was reading your post (very cool read, love the behind the scenes info) I was thinking "I can swap/fix that with pinball browser"

#2386 6 years ago

And it's great to see Batgirl in the game hopefully loads more footage of her is added in future updates. Would be great if she had her own mode.

I also plan to replace the extra ball animation with movie footage it's an absolute must to have the bomb scene in the game.

Wonder if we will get a shark repellant reference!? Even if it can't be added in around a mode it would be cool if it was just a mystery award

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Has Olivier finished updating the Pinball Browser software to enable Spike2 editing already? With the split .spk files?

I don't think it's been done yet but by the time Batman code is complete I am sure Pinball Browser will be Spike 2 compatible.

#2394 6 years ago

Received No:110, no I idea if it is an Episode or Gadget, haven't been able to open it yet due to work

#2396 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

C'mon get your priorities straight. We want tp know what you got!
Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

Is there a list of episodes and gadgets doc? Although I wanted a a gadget I would be pretty happy if that's my episode! Two of my fav villains from the show sweet!

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Getting a new pin is always reason for a vacation day.

I work 24 hour shifts away from home so taking a day off isn't easy believe me I tried it was torture knowing it was being delivered at home while I was at work

#2402 6 years ago

Okay so while I am away from home my good friend who took delivery for me says it's definitely got #110 on the side next to Batman LE.

Quoted from docquest:

Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

I wanted a Gadget but I am now hoping it is an Episode, a double villain episode (my two favourite villains from the show too boot ) would be awesome!

#2421 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

To activate Bat-Turn mode you need to hit the Batmobile spinner on the rotisserie. It doesnt matter its its a small hit that barely turns the or a big hit that spins it a lot. After you hit the spinner it wont register any additional hits for a few seconds.
Sine you need to hit the batmobile spinner to enable this mode its only available when you are in one of the villain modes since thats when the rotisserie has the batmobile spinner facing you.
Default number of hits to enable the Bat-Turn mode is 10 but you can change it in adjustments menu to be as low as 5. As you get closer to getting thee number of hits needed it will tell you on the LCD. For example, "3 more hits needed to enable Bat-Turn mode"
Once you hit it the required number of times you then need to hit the Atomic Pile shot to start the mode. The Atomic Pile shot is straight through the spinner and out the left side.
Once the Bat-Turn mode starts you have 40 seconds (time can be changed in adjustments menu). When you hit the batmobile spinner you are doing an "emergency bat turn". You'll see Batman hit the emergency turn lever, the bat chutes open, the batmobile does a 180, then the batmobile drops the chutes.
To pickup the chutes you need to hit a flashing white shot. The points to collect decrease the longer it takes to make a shot.
If you hit the batmobile spinner again then the timer resets back to 40 second, batmobile does another turn and drops another chute, and all the main shots re-light to pick up the chute.

Great write up Doc, mode sounds great! I love the way its incorporated into the game and uses the assets/mech of the game to create what sounds like a mode that feels unique to BM66, love it when we get these sprinkles of Lyman magic - the little nuances of Horde, Crank it Up come to mind while I read your post.

#2426 6 years ago

A Shark repellent bat spray mod would be awesome maybe a midnight madness kind of mode use cartoon animation for it and it allows us to later add movie footage via Pinball browser. It's just an iconic moment albeit from the movie but it's infamous now it would be a shame if it wasn't referenced in the the game somewhere.

Some added narration would be good too, each show always started off with the villains initial plot followed by commissioner Gordon calling via the batphone, "quick to the bat poles", jump in batmobile, race to Gotham and finally Batman & Robin arriving to speak to the commissioner, I wouldn't mind the 4 main villains modes starting like that?? But you guys who have had the game a while will know if another level/stage of depth to the villains would be good or bad!?

#2428 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

- Bat Wall Climb - reveal as many window guest stars as possible. Use the Riddler hole shot to hold the ball while playing the longer clips.

A Bat wall climb mode would be great! Such an iconic part of the show. Not sure how it could be implemented but if anyone can work that out it's Lyman.

#2430 6 years ago

Wall climb could be a combo mode similar to Lady Justice in MET

I am not hugely familiar with MET rules, how does lady justice work? Speaking of justice I would love Stern to bring out a DREDD pin!!

#2432 6 years ago

Basically alternate shots to each side of the game ideally in combos. Right orbit shot will allow you to hit another right hand shot in a combo. Kinda like walking up a building left, right, left, right...

Okay so instead of any shot being linked as a combo, it would be a set shot to make it a wall climb Combo instead of a regular Combo? It is 01:40 here so this maybe going over my head at this hour

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Just noticed on my LE that the left and the right ramps are both chrome. I was under the impression that the left ramp was red.
Do I have a premium dressed in an Le dress??

NeilMcRae has a red powdercoated left ramp, I was just watching his stream when I saw your post, definitely seems like an error on Sterns part, give them a call or email.

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Yeah Jon I checked Neil's video and thought so. Well I may have a unique Le then. The only one out of 240 with two chrome wireforms. I'll get in touch tomorrow.

I will be powder coating my right ramp wireform, I would either ask Stern for a replacement LE wireform or who you can send the bill too if you get it powder coated yourself

#2445 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ask them for the left ramp kit and lower deflector kit while you're at it. Keeps the ball on the left ramp when it's going fast and stops airballs from getting stuck above the "G" on the Gadget plastic. Kit's free for the asking.

We have only just got our games in the UK, watching NeilMcRae stream for an hour and a half I didn't see a single airball off the ramp, maybe because it took so long to get our games they come with the fix already installed? or does Sutol photo above show his ramp without it??

#2447 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not so much airballs for me (never had one), but the fix makes the whole thing feel much sturdier and there's no rattle from the small flimsy plastic flap that was on there originally. In the photo the improved flap is not on the game. I'm surprised they weren't already installed on your games given they're so late. At the very least they should have been included in the shipment to your distro.

Yeah seems crazy that Stern wouldn't just install them from factory due to how late our games took to get out of the doors there, now they will be paying for shipping for multiple packages over to the UK

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should also ask for a different strength plunger spring (I think Green is the one you want - ill check tonight) as the one installed is way too soft (unless yours are already installed).
And if your Bat Car is only screwed to the spinning disc using Phillips head screws, you should ask for the upgraded one where the car is riveted to the disc. The screwed one will fall off.

I plan on removing that red/pink circular plastic under the batmobile and replacing it with either something clear, grey or with the bat symbol on it. The red/pink looks out of place imo.

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Still haven't got yours!?!?!?

Yeah it was delivered but I have been working away since it was delivered

#2473 6 years ago

With regards to the Joker targets, didn't someone make a reinforcement/splint for the targets on Ironman? Wouldn't those back up the targets and hold them in place??

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I did and yes there is one available.
The cliffy does make the shot harder, like his original KISS protector. He does want to make a new one, like the updated KISS protector, but someone needs to get him a machine so he can redesign it. Is there anyone near him that can help out?
Without a machine, he can't make the shooter protector either.

If anyone could lend Cliff a game that would be awesome a BDK or BM66 should both get the job done both share identical scoops and shooters.

Although I never found the original Cliffy for the BDK crane scoop made the shot anymore difficult.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't lay perfectly flat on the front side, but there's some tension to make the holes line up, so it lifts the front slightly (at least on the one I installed). I think that's what's being referred to. The difference in mounting holes is probably only 1-2mm, but it does make a difference.

Yeah that must be a BM66 issue becusdd the one i had on my BDK fit perfectly inline with the scoop lip/edge. Although I remember some people saying it made the shot harder on BDK but I never had that issue. If cliff can work with someone local to get a new protector for a perfect fit that would be awesome and I would be in for one!

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there anyone local to him with the game?
I won't take the cliffy off to make the shot easier.

On my BDK the shot could get any easier the Cliffy making it harder would be a good thing

I wonder if a MANTIS protector could be made for BM66? Offer up some protector choice as some scoops just look better without the exposed metal edge, although you could always powdercoat your Cliffy to make it as colourful as the rest of BM66

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Always liked the look of Mantis hole protectors better.
Wish they had one for Batman.

Imo it all depends on the game BDK had a very industrial metal look running through its artwork so the Cliffy fit perfectly visually almost blending in with the playfield.

BM66 is much brighter and smoother if you will in the art department so a mantis might look more fitting on BM66, however if Mantis can't produce a protector I'll probably get a Cliffy powder coated and let it blend in with the colourful design of the playfield.

Wouldn't hurt for a few of us to email Mantis regarding a BM66 protector though!?

#2501 6 years ago

It's something Lyman has been doing on his games, in TWD I'm pretty sure Lyman is the one getting munched on by zombies and the guy in the last man standing animations.

2 weeks later
#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Hmmmmmmmmm! I didn't expect code today, figuring it would be a few more weeks and minor villains would arrive with it. Big read me with .75, though it seems like more polish than substance. I guess I'll have to do the unthinkable and play the game with the new code in order to judge and rate it. So cool to see this develop.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't seem to be a lot more game added, but there's a LOT more video and callouts synced to gameplay events, and general polish, which is nice.

At a guess maybe this update was to polish and debug what is already there before Lyman starts adding further modes in the next few code drops?

I'm sure as he adds greater depth and complexity to the code that it will probably bring a bug or two with it in the process.

#2637 6 years ago

Great score applejuice and great to see you enjoying your BM66 you deserve a great NIB experience after the hell you have been through with Jpop, congrates on your premium

Btw you need to update your Pinside collection

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm back/still in the club. Selling my LE to a great buyer. And getting a premium from Marco at Southern Fried Gameroom expo. My girl loves batman the most out of all my games so it is a no brainer to rebuy/downgrade from my crazy LE to a premium.
about to put .75 on the LE and break it in for my buyer

Awesome news man, glad you managed to get a solution to keep you/bring you back into the club, code is building up to something really nice too which must have helped

#2656 6 years ago

Was thinking earlier I would love to see some audio rewards as such for combos, so combos using the ramps would get you a "purrrrrrfect", combos using the Joker, Riddler, Penquin would get you there signature catchphrase/laughter just as a way of knowing what you are hitting when you are not looking but also think it would add a lot to the immersion of the theme.

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was just checking out the new SW pin pictures and playfield over in that hot thread. The pictures aren't high quality, but from what I can see, BM66 is more beautiful and more interesting looking. We'll see about game play, but right now I'm glad I chose BM66 instead of waiting for SW. Also, it has a mini LCD on the playfield, I wonder if we're going to see a big trend in that going forward?

I agree Taz I was really looking forward to seeing SW, in fact I had said no more Sterns NIB after BM66 until code is addressed properly and QC issues are delt with, SW could have broken me but after the reveal I feel pretty damn confident I wont be in a rush to buy and SW has been another dream theme I wanted to see done justice.

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree.
You have 2 nostalgia themes, but they never made games like BM66 IN the 60s, so it is a really unique piece.
Star Wars 40 year old Original Trilogy license just feels dated to me. And it's been done before, multiple times. I suspect a Force Awakens license might have felt a little more contemporary.
I'm still reserving judgement about the new Star Wars till we see more, but I'm surprised how little its doing for me.

First look/impressions of SW compared to BM66, both are open playfields with long shots but BM66 certainly seems to have more retail so to speak, both games have nice wireform ramps, but BM66 has the crane (one of Sterns best playfield toys ever) and the turntable which once the Villain Vision is coded in could be friggin awesome in its own right!

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This pinside stuff is so tiring. I can already feel the tide turning from doubters of BM66 and we aren't even close to the finish line.

It has become the same with every new release now, I must admit I am a little disappointed in the SW reveal, but I am waiting for the official images, video and feature matrix before I pass my judgement.

But there are the usual pinsiders going a little extreme saying its the worst thing they have ever seen...... yet they will be the first to pre order one or 6/12 months down the line say its a great game - SM, TWD, MET, all had the same initial hated reaction but given time Lyman has turned them all into gems and I feel confident BM66 will end up turning out excellent as well.

#2672 6 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what the next update is like what with the release of SW hope Stern leave Lyman to create another one of his modern masterpieces.

#2674 6 years ago

Anyone local to Pinbits enquired if/when they will have a BM66 plastic protector set available? Is there anyone else out there selling a protector set?

#2676 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Little Shop of Games in Florida has a nice plastic protector set in a couple of different colors. I got one in blue and like it.

Thank you, I'll go check it out.

#2681 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

the batpoles calllout/video is the tops i tell ya, the tops.
I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4630

Cool options are always a good thing, but I have a blue start button out of my old avatar do the old start buttons from SAM games not fit the new spike2 games?

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah It will fit and work however it will look ghetto imo because it won't fill the entire cabinet hole/opening in the decal. You don't want to know how many communications He/I went thru to figure out the part/supplier lol... order and make it worth it for him haha.

Cool I was more curious than anything what the difference was with these new buttons haven't paid much attention to the new ones.

I have an order I need to get in this month with pinball life so I'll add this to the list

#2690 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone wants to print the TV credits logo for a blue or green button you can use these images to print.

Awesome doc! Could you knock up other colours? Like maybe a white version?

I have been thinking about using the Bat Signal for my start button?

#2692 6 years ago

I know it's all Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars at the moment on Pinside but has anyone heard when the next BM66 code update is, after the Bat-Turn update I am more excited for the next update than I am for Star Wars. Quick to the Batpoles!

#2729 6 years ago

Had my BM66LE re-unboxing tonight seemed like the perfect time and a fitting way to honour Adam West and remember the role that made so many childhoods so fun and brought so many sons and fathers closer together!

Thank you Adam & R.I.P.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

"re-unboxing" ???
Is that where you break down the machine, put all the foam packing blocks on it, slide it back into the box, tape it all back up, then wait a day or so and then pull it back out to re-live the feeling?

Correct

Cracked it open to inspect it but wasn't ready for a full unboxing, after the sad news of Adams passing it only seemed right to unbox and play in his honor!

Quoted from labnip:

are you implying we shouldn't be doing this each day ?

See, labnip gets it!

#2735 6 years ago

Just did the same update to mine this morning took about 15 mins maybe seemed fairly steady.

Wouldn't know what to suggest if it was my game and still stuck there in another half hour I'd probably risk doing a quick power cycle.

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yeh mine sunk a little. Refer to post #1159 in this thread and you'll see what to do

Thanks I just came to ask the same question, linked the post below for reference but it really needs marking as a KEY post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/24#post-3564988

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes!!!...very anxious for this add....

+1

When are the accessories for BM being released!? GB and AS accessories where announced and released almost simultaneously.

#2763 6 years ago

Anyone in the know heard about the next code up or news on the accessories?

#2800 6 years ago

I would like to see some marketing/announcements regarding Batman66 accessories, showing a box on a low res cellphone video, leaving your customers clueless about what it is you have just shown (attempted to tease) is not" marketing, you cannot tease a product when people don't have the slightest clue what the product is or isn't

I say this as I frickin love my BM66LE and would be more than happy to get a few accessories from Stern to trick it out, if you want my money you need to show me something

#2805 6 years ago

Perfect way to honour Adam West, shining the Batsignal up into the sky is very cool and a very classy (like the man himself) way to pay tribute.

#2812 6 years ago

Not really giving any details away, that haven't already been said so don't see the harm in sharing.

Projectors will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Premium topper is 100% different to the LE, but still "very cool" and will also be compatible with the projectors.

#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Have you heard what the projector price might be?

That news might be coming this week.

I think the fact the projectors can be used on the Premiums is pretty cool, it will certainly make a lot of sense for Premium owners to have the projector with their topper.

#2820 6 years ago

Although the current code is still early beta, its still super fun. I was not able to unbox mine straight away due to renovation work at my house and I kept reading all the hate mainly in other threads (BM66 lets be honest) and was really starting to worry about my 9.5k pin purchase, so recently decided to unbox it at a friends, also to check incase I had any mechanical issue and wow its awesome!

I actually unboxed it thinking its going to suck or I am not going to like it and regret purchasing it, but couldn't be happier, got an awesome double villain episode LE and my playfield plays as smooth as silk. No idea what all these people claiming its clunky or it has a tonne of bricked shots where playing, maybe I got lucky with an awesome playfield set up to perfection but it plays super fast and the theme integration is shaping up brilliantly.

Played alot of my first gamers on v0.65 then updated to the 0.75 with Bat-Turn which is a blast, love going for that mode and it adds a lot of purpose to the Batmobile spinner, if Lyman carries on improving the code like the Bat-Turn update did, this is going to be up there as one of my favourite Sterns and end up another Lyman masterpiece.

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lyman will be at the pintastic show in 2 weeks. Maybe he'll have a Batman66 code update in time for the show.

Is anyone in this these/BM66 owner attending the show? Would be great if someone could talk to him about the game and see what he might have planned for us.

Like Bat-Turn I would love a Bat-Climb mode, the climbing of the walls is so iconic it deserves its own mode.

Honestly more excited to see what Lyman has in store for us with code than I am about SW and I'm a pretty big SW fan.

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!....enjoy this amazing machine....still enjoying it a lot myself...

It's an awesome game, nice long shots, great flow and the shots themselves are great, the batcave lock gives you an awesome feeling ripping up that right orbit and locking in the turntable and I love the shot through the Batmobile spinner and out into the left orbit and those ramps are lighting fast!

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really is a cool pin right? Congrats Jon
I've intentionally shut mine down until the next code update
Still loving it but want the fresh excitement!

It's easily one of my favourite games and everyone who has played it loves it which makes me wonder about all these people that say its clunky, must be a game set up badly.

I also think Villain Vision is going to be the game changer with this pin, having the villains taunt you is going to be awesome. I noticed in the newest code there is now a joker laugh and every time I hear it, I just smile.

Once his laughs and taunts (as well as Riddlers iconic giggle & penguins quack) are added and aimed directly at the player it's going to be some of the best theme integration in pinball.

#2835 6 years ago

I suspect Seasons and Minor Villains are the same thing. Defeating a minor villain from one of the seasons should light the corresponding lamp since there are not lamps for minor villains directly.

I was hoping minor Villians would effect gameplay by adding a perk to effect gameplay and mix up the games modes to add variety to the nromal modes:

Mr Freeze - Freezes your timers or a specific timer of your choosing with the action button?

Shame - Randomises a modes shot pattern?

Bookworm - Could force you to make mode shots a set number of times to light up shot multiplier inserts

Tut - Changes up the number of shots required on a particular shot in order to progress to SJP

A perk/bonus that matches the villians personalities from the shows would be cool which is why I thought of the things above to best match their characters.

Seasons would be great as mini wizard modes and would be awesome if the main villain modes changed up their shot requirements and patters season to season similar to how ST modes work/change from level 1, 2, 3.

#2837 6 years ago

That's very strange wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo.
Again, as of .71 you can combo that right orbit as much as you want off of a ramp shot.

Cool I did not know or realise that, will be going for this more on future games now, my game loops orbit to orbit super quick, great shot and super fun.

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Therapy a new batmobile where the car is rivetted on instead of screwed. Hit Stern or your distributor up for one.

I'll be asking Stern for this and the ramp fix but I doubt I'll use it, I plan on laser cutting a replacement out of clear or smoked PETG, not a fan of all that red/pink plastic Stern used for the turntable and atomic pile, plan on doing something much more show accurate - silver/grey with red edging if possible and not too much trouble.

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's the right color spring for the game.

Mine works perfectly I willl check and post pics early tomorrow morning and confirm spring colour.

#2852 6 years ago

News/info of code may come tomorrow fingers crossed.

#2877 6 years ago

Well not quite the announcement I was lead to believe we would be getting, we all knew what the projector did, what does it cost though

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mike at Automated....he gets all the stuff....good guy

Be interested to see what prices you get Mark for the projector/bat signal beacon and be sure to post up any code info can't wait for the next code drop love this game!

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Every time Stern does something people say they will boycott them.

Watch me!

If there is any truth to code being abandoned I'll be done with Stern SW will be cancelled and as much as I want GOTG there are older games I could happily pick up instead.

#2905 6 years ago

Abandoning BM66 would have to kill future SLE sales, its bad enough that the SLE now has nothing exclusive but it's art - topper projectors can be had at all levels, the armour at all levels, B&R topper can be had on the LE and potentially now abandoned code for $15k surely no one would take that risk again if this is how Stern leaves things?

Saying that, I do believe Lyman will once again do the code in his own time just like he did with SM, BDK, MET, TWD just a shame he has to continually finish things on his own time.

#2908 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nah it won't. Pinball people have the worst memory of any people I have ever met!!
New release - Take my money!!!
I hope BM66 isn't finished with yet ...
rd

There is always a point where people get to their breaking point and say enough is enough, the best thing about this hobby is also it's biggest downfall and that is the people in it are awesome.

I have no other hobbies where I'd say 98% of people are just out and out super nice and helpful to one an other.

If Stern abandon BM66 I will abandon them I just hope other people in this hobby do the same, I love Stern and I am thankful for them keeping pinball alive and delivering some of the best games ever over recent years, but they are starting to take the p*ss out of the collectors that have kept them going and continue to keep them growing.

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

One random dude says that he heard Lyman was off of the code and now the sky is falling. Oh Pinside.

I don't see the harm with people stating they would be unhappy if Stern left BM66 as it is to move onto other things, far too often this community is just too nice for its own good.

We all know Lyman will/would finish this game on his own time but he shouldn't have to.

#2947 6 years ago

I hope that SLE is Lyman's and Stern gave that to him for his house, cause the guys a f'in legend!

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Stern have said this morning he's still working on it

Where was that post made? It is not on Sterns Facebook page, at least I didn't see it earlier.

#2951 6 years ago

Awesome thanks just seen it linked to the accessories thanks for pointing that out, its also GREAT to see Stern finally using their social media as it should be and responding to this rumour fast and with a picture too, bravo Stern

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who's the other guy in the pic with him?

Quoted from cooked71:

Good question, was wondering that myself.

I recognise him, pretty sure he's been on a couple of the stern factory tour videos, he's usually playing the row of games in the factory, sure he's a game tester.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Please look at my post directly above it ( where they first showed the pic). I thanked them for releasing the beacon, as I had just inquired the day before.They simply answered my question for possible new code before the holidays w the pic. not responding to a rumor on Pinside.
Stern has been very responsive when I ask directly.

Yeah sorry Mark I wasn't very clear, I ment regardless of the rumour here on pinside or you simply asking, its great to see Stern addressing things in a good way instead of ignoring them or giving the standard "stay tuned", good to see Stern using their social media the way it should be used.

Be great if they could continue this level of communication and fan service moving forward.

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure I would be so quick to praise posting a picture without comment or any detail as improved communication or fan service.
If they had posted the pic and said "Lyman will officially be working on the code until he says it's done", that would have been something to celebrate.

Let's be fair, although there wasn't any text with the associated image, it was most probably posted in response to Marks question and I would bet they where aware of the little rumour here on Pinside, so for Stern this is improved communication, certainly better than the ignore everything and silence.

Quoted from ATLpb:

The game will be 'completed'- as much or more so than his modern games. If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention to all publicly available information. The picture is plenty even though it wasn't even necessary.

Exactly not to mention it's Lyman with his name associated to the game he will finish/complete the game to level we will all probably be very happy with.

I think the response of a photo rather than simply replying was probably because they where aware of what was being said here and the photo puts it to rest "Lyman is not working on BM66, well he is see".

Either way it's better then the stay tuned or radio silence we normally get. I would rather have this kind of communication from Stern that at least provides a response than questions being ignored and leaving customers in the dark.

#2964 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't think otherwise - that's exactly why I was willing to take a risk on buying an LE with alpha level code in January. I may not have faith in Stern, but I do in Lyman.

If I was a betting man I would put money on most of us buying LEs was on the fact Lyman was on code.

Quoted from jfh:

But I don't think Stern should get credit for great marketing or customer service simply because they posted a picture without any commentary. The picture may imply something, but in this case words are worth more.

No one is crediting them for great marketing. But when they do something wrong Pinside is all over Stern, we are all guilty of that.

So when they do something right no matter how small it's worth highlighting and making them aware we are at least a little appreciative of a response and would like it to continue moving forward, even minimal effort/communication is better than none.

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If Lonnie was doing code, I would've never bought this game at the increased asking price.

Quoted from J85M:

If I was a betting man I would put money on most of us buying LEs was on the fact Lyman was on code.

Good to know my guess/bet was right

#3000 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way. No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though.

If anyone else but Lyman was coding I would agree with you whole heartedly, but so far I have bet on Lyman 3 times prior to BM66 (that's my 4th bet on Lyman) and he hasn't made me regret it yet. The guy seems to take genuine pride in his work and although he shouldn't I appreciate him massively for finishing games on his own time.

Out of the box SM, BDK, TWD were nothing to write home about but he turned them all into awesome games, admittedly BDK was his weakest but I don't think there is anyone else that could have done better with what Gomez gave him to work with physically, that's why I love BM66 so much, it has all the best bits of BDK (although I do miss that drop target and joker lock) but added everything I wanted my BDK to have.

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club today - In the end I bought the BM66 over Aerosmith. Now I have to figure out how to update the SW from 6.5 to 7.5?

Awesome choice, did you buy NIB or HUO? 0.65 to 0.75 adds some cool stuff and is a massive improvement to gameplay.

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Do you think this game will ever have audio cues during gameplay like SM does? I fear it will just be lounge music, instead of voice callouts like other superhero games have. Ie. "Get a move on". "Web slinger is back!" "Do it again! (Combo)".
The silence while playing is deafening, even after the last 2 updates.

The Villain Vision was described/sold as one big interactive feature that will have the Villians "speaking/taunting" the player, so that alone should add a tonne of callouts and speech ques.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
1,121 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.