PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

880 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 1 of 4.
#146 7 years ago

In on the LE, hoping for a great game!!!...

2 months later
#160 7 years ago

As I posted in the other thread....looks like I'll be in the club before Christmas ( was notified the LE's were shipping in 2 weeks last Friday)!!!!!! Let's do this!!!

Anyone else hear from their distro's?

2 weeks later
#169 7 years ago

So , was thinking if this is the official club thread, might be fun for LE and SLE owners to put down which one they received ( episode or bat gadget, as I recall). Should I start a new thread ( like AlienLE) , or we just post here......games will be on doorsteps within a week!!!

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At first I was hoping to get an episode LE but now I don't care, both are very cool concepts.
Haven't heard anything yet from Game room guys. Mike at Automated gets first dibs usually. Can't wait to hear the reviews Mark!

You know you will get them!!!....A sealed bottle of Blanton's will be opened to help me with my review...

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

MK since it looks like your going to be getting your BM66 any day now, do you have any plans on trying out Cliffy's BDK VUK protector? Crane and VUK look identical in position so it should fit, just thought I would ask, and if not does anyone else plan on test fitting on?

I will definitely explore the mods as needed...PDI and any needed Cliffys will be first on the list ( I'll change the balls before I play my first game, of course. Mine left Stern today ( late, according to April) and picked up by Automated, but the shippers don't move Monday, so guessing Thursday for arrival....

1 week later
#193 7 years ago

#85 " Bat Wax Solvent" here. Other LE owners post theirs....think it would be fun

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have all the LEs pinsiders have received so far in the US all been gadget LEs? I haven't paid much attention to what LE people have been showing in videos I've been fixated on the playfield and those smooth ramps

Think they stated all US models would be gadgets, European version was episode #'s, 120 each....

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's an awesome one!!!!

Agreed!!!...I'm going to watch the episodes for a refresher....

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So are the SLE shipping with a topper and the LE without? The LE does come with that topper right?

LE Topper identical except for bat signal projector....no, they didn't ship w the game....anxious to receive....

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

here is a side by side test of the orange protectors.

Man I like that!!! So question:

I'm going to change all the rubber to Titan....thinking clear for all, but what color should the flipper rubber be? Thought about purple or just red...thoughts?

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I bought all clear Titans with blue flippers.

Think you are right with the blue....the light or dark ones?

I've gotta get the Cliffys too.

#248 7 years ago

I'm going to live on the edge and buy a set of each....see how they look on the game

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No Cliffy needed Mark.
Play the shit out of it and see if you can F it up in a HUO environment. I doubt it.

Trying to stay strong Doug....maybe some Mylar squares will ease my fears a bit....

#259 7 years ago

These are some gorgeous pins!!! Some of the best armor I've seen in quite some time on my LE....

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

MK, here is a pic of the Riddler saucer hole with the stuck ball. the ball guide is keeping the ball from resting in the hole properly. you can see where the ball is pushed to the left in the picture. I think I will remove some of the wood at the saucer to help it roll in place.

I see now.....mine hasn't stuck there (I'm sure it will tonight, now.....). Think I will take the plastic off tonight and get a closer look at the gap on mine....will report. Thanks for the heads up......mark

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

I got it working again.
as you can see in the pic the geometry is wrong.
The main problem was a buildup of clear coat right at the point on the wood.
a little sand paper and "BAM"

SWEET!!!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just curious. Is everyone's shaker motor working on the LE with the current code on the machine? Mine was not. Not sure if this was programmed yet.

Yep, but only limited action w this code so far.....can't remember what shots I hit to shake ( gotta get this machine home from my office!!!)

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Would you guys rather have an emblem that overlays the original sticker that could be removed or something new all together?
Working on TF now BM up next. Drawings look cool but the scale of the button is off.
From the trace I am working with it it looks too small.

You do great work....I'm anxious to see concept of both. The decal definitely needs to be covered or removed...never gonna last

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Okay, I've put most of the puzzle together, though my investigation is still incomplete. In previous posts, #400 and #401 I explained that I'd found a handful of hardware rolling around my playfield, including two screws, two washers, and one nut. Thanks to MT45's excellent post, I've found the two sources of most of that hardware, minus the nut. Half was from the cat mount above the right ramp. There was also a second missing screw I needed there that I've not found yet, but I had extras on hand to fix. I guess I'll find it later or maybe they just never installed it. The self tapping screw went to the spinning Bat Mobile as MT45 explained, but in my case it was stripped. So I followed his glue instructions and picked up a slightly larger screw to fix that. The screw that dropped out of the spinning Bat Mobile was the one I found wedged between my playfield and the large rotating mechanism. So, keep an eye there, because that could cause some damage if it's not found quickly. Now, I'm left wondering where the missing screw is that went under the right ramp to hold down a piece that went to the cat mount and trying to figure out where to put the nut. Various pictures of the ordeal are attached below.

Whisky.....a very effective fix all. I use it quite regularly when dealing with such issues....

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah whiskey is up there with duct tape and E6000. I also have some clear silicone I'm using to mount a truckload of Hotwheels toys. I'll send pictures of those in a few days.

My hot melt glue gun is my best friend for light toys, and loose spotlight bulbs.....E6000 rocks, then clear epoxy, then a hammer...generally in that order....

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Im also joining the club tomorrow! #66
Le#66
Mod1 ready to go!
Solid blue led in driver seat (Batman) solid yellow in shotgun (Robin).

Man, that looks great!!!....where are you going to mount it?

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batgaget #58 Bat mini-charge is in the house. Game (and Topper) delivered today. Code level .6
Batgirl on the sides (!)

Awesome, AND a topper!!!....congrats!!!

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since I'm too poor to afford a batman66 SLE I've been thinking about adding a few of the bat vehicles to my LE. The hot wheels ones are decent looking and cheap at about $8 a piece. But I decided to splurge and check out some of the vehicles from a UK company called Eaglemoss.
Their Batman Automobilia line is a set of diecast bat vehicles from all iterations of Batman (comics, 66 show, movies, animated version, etc). The ones I've seen from the 60's show include batmobile, batcycle (both versions), batboat, batcopter, batgirls cycle, joker-mobile, catwomans car, alf cycle. They even have the batmobile after penguin stole it (penguin umbrella added and penguin logo on sides).
Each vehicle is about $20 (price is higher if uts sold out and you have to get one via ebay or wherever). They come in a acrylic display case with a 3-d lenticular background image. Each vehicle also includes a 12 page detailed magazine with info on the vehicle, its history, and detailed blueprint like drawings. These are a little bigger than the hot wheels but are a lot more detailed and accurate. I think these are 1:43 scale as opposed to the hot wheels versions ones at 1:64.
I have the Eaglemoss batmobile already and will probably put that in the shooter lane area. I don't have the hot wheels batmibile so I don't have any comparison pics for that.

The other vehicle I recently got was the Automobilia batcopter. Even thought its sold out at most retailers I was able to find one online for $22. I like how the copter looks on the SLE mounted above the wireframe ramp looking like its flying. The detail is much nicer on the Eaglemoss version than on the hot wheels version. Here are some comparison pics to the hotwheels version. If anyone was thinking about getting one themselves.

Great stuff...this game is going to be a blast to mod!!!

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Anybody out West get a notification on delivery?? Mk6pin should be scoring next week!Gameroomguys hase'nt got a clue!!

Just showed up UPS today.....won't get to install until later tonight:

IMG_1447 (resized).JPGIMG_1447 (resized).JPG

IMG_1448 (resized).JPGIMG_1448 (resized).JPG

#472 7 years ago

Topper for LE is badass...center beacon " rotates" with internal led effect, bat signal lights, along with BM and Robin:

Makes the game!!!!

IMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPG
IMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPG

#579 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Having issues downloading new code. Following directions. Any ideas. See pics on two screens i get. This is the second flash drive used. The spike system sucks. I had a led light fail and this caused half of the lights to go out and flippers to fail. Unbelievable!!!

The first screen is normal once after the update is complete and you power cycle the machine. It's a big ass download ( around 3.2 gb I think), so you may want to make sure you've got a solid internet connection, clean, formatted USB stick, at least 8gb, and start over again. I think it took around 15 minutes to download, a little less to dump in the machine, and make sure to pull the stick out before power cycling....sometimes easy to get a bit of corrupt or incomplete code on these big file transfers.....good luck!!!

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

I'm getting the hang of it. Installed the update, but I collected all 4 villains and there is no wizard mode yet.

Hey!!!...easy on posting the big scores so early on the new code....had my ass handed to me most of the afternoon after the update...

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I added a spot light to mine on the right sling to light up the center.

Yep...putting 2 or 4 on mine next week....all that color in the middle...begging to be lit!!!

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I had a second spare one, i'd definitely put one on the other sling.

Understand completely...I thought I had spares....had zero spots left......Finishing my pinballlife and comet order tonight...why is it I'm always one or 2 parts shy every time, even though I buy spares?

I really like the game so far....have you had yours long enough to do one of your cool reviews of it ( maybe it's up higher in the thread, but figured I'd ask before digging)? Bat time!!!...mark

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Been playing mine a lot today and so far just one issue and its driving me nuts. Ball couldnt get out of the crane scoop. After closer inspection I saw a screw in the bottom if the scoop. Ive combed over the entire playfield but cant figure out where the heck that screw came from.

What does the screw look like? Just put Titan rubbers everywhere, and there are some hidden spots, for sure ( mines actually was missing a screw under the tall right ramp post, 2 layers down). I might be able to help in your quest....

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If I understand you correctly, same here. I had to add my own from my spares. It was a pain in the butt to install blindly due to the position. I doubt anyone gets that screw installed from Stern because the post will sit there fairly well as long as the screw on the other side remains tightly in place. Mind did not...

That's the one....

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's a pic of the machine screw that was in my scoop. Its 1/4" with a lock washer on it. Since it not pointy on the end it must go into metal. I also couldn't find a matching flat washer anywhere loose in the game. I thought I'd find out where it went this morning with a fresh set of eyes but I can't see any missing screws anywhere. Looked in all the recommended places; cat woman ramps, bottom of posts under cat woman ramps, under batmobile, etc no luck.
Maybe it was just an extra screw that was never attached to anything. If that was the case I guess thats why there's not a matching flat washer.

I'll bet it's the one that goes under the right ramp post, right in front of the pops...very tough spot to get to

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are you are talking about the left side of the right ramp where the top of the post holds the left side of the clear plastic air ball protector and there is a screw on the bottom of that post?
If so thats not it, checked there already and can feel the screw head on the bottom of the post.

Yep...mine was gone...hmmm.....I'll have to think of where I found some other hidden spots....was pretty surprised when I changed all the rubbers ( had to dismantle the top of the rotisserie) how many Hidden screw spots there were....I had a nice loctite party...except the batmobile...epoxied that one....

#618 7 years ago

Had the glass off today, game powered on to check some of the new code things out....noticed the slings were crazy strong, along with flippers....might see if there's a setting to back those down a bit. I like a fast game, but the slingshots were bordering on the same power as flipper shots at some angles...whew!!!

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the loose stuff is you guys not getting it put back together right?
Re rubbering is a tough job!
I guess i'll do that first thing on mine when i get it. Make sure everything is tightened up and in place while changing out rubber.

Completely agree, and believe it's a wise first step on this machine...

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm thinking of replacing the stock rubbers with some colored one. Anyone have a suggestion on brand and/or colors that would work well with the game?

Ended up settling on the darker blue for sleeves and flippers, clear everywhere else...looks great...there are rubbers inside that rotisserie, so be prepared for a nice afternoon of work....don't forget the loctite!!! Titan, of course...

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got any pics MK of the clear rubbers? I haven't seen the clear titans in person.

Will post some pics a bit later....clear is awesome imho on this, and many machines, as it really lets the lights through, and playfield seems to " glow" showing off the colors...really like them...I think blue just edged out the purple for me on the flippers and sleeves, but you're right.... several colors could probably work...personal taste I suppose...

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone sourced a set of playfield spotlights/leds to brighten up the playfield, or thought through their placement yet?

Pinballife for the goodies ( spot housing, extender shafts, etc., coin taker or comet for the leds

#636 7 years ago

Ok....some pics as promised...I mentioned my machine is still at the office, so I went down to play a few games, take some pics, and make some definitive opinions ....here's what I can share:

a) Pulled the glass, close inspection of playfield. Game has about 200 plays already ( employees love it), and I can say definitively that the dimpling is very, very similiar to my other sterns...looked very closely, and there are no craters, and it appears it's going to " settle in" just fine. Super glossy, mirror play fields certainly make the " breaking in" process more noticeable initially, but putting the " crater effect" out of my head for my game....it's wearing fine. No ghosting or raised inserts ( used my eyes and hand) . Overall, still looks great....check.

b) The following pics will show the clear flipper rubber on the slings, and blue sleeves. First pics were in a dark room. For my tastes, this game NEEDS the spots ( it will be in a dark location). I'll be mounting 4 ( two forward, two back, lighting the flipper area). The game is too colorful not to bring the playfield up a notch, lightwise. The rest of the pics were with overhead lights on, so you can still see the color scheme. Hope this helps some of you:

First 2, lights off, 3rd, lights on

IMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPG
IMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPG
IMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPG

#637 7 years ago

Lights on ( you can see the reflection of overhead light in one of them glass OFF, btw, so that reflection off the clear!!!)

IMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPG
IMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPG
IMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPG
IMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPG
IMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG

#638 7 years ago

I'm really starting to dig this machine!!!....when Lyman is done, it's going to be deadly...

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

No reason for anyone to flame you for that...JJP makes some great machines. Buy what YOU want, ignore the rest. It's not a title I would own ( and got the chance to play it at expo), but hope you're thrilled with it....enjoy your hobby!!!

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I wanted both and am disappointed in one. just crazy an $8k plus game has countless screws rolling around playfield. Total BS. Sorry

No apologies needed, I will say...ALL machines have issues, including NIB. You'll find horror stories everywhere. I generally don't post negativity ( especially in club threads), but can say I'd prefer tightening screws on a theme/ machine that I want, as opposed to some of the other problems I've seen on other machines ( much, much, much more serious).

Hope you find what you want....Dialed in will NEVER be in my lineup, based strictly on theme, even if it was playing itself out of the box. Last I bring up that theme in this thread.

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those clear rubbers look awesome MK, they almost glow, can see what you mean about them letting the light out, those are titan rubbers? I may have to give them a try. Like the cliffy coloured sleeves too but like you said literally any colour would work on this game, I was looking at your pics thinking blue looks great, but yellow would work, so would red, then again purple would too

Once you go Titan, there's no going back....warning...there are rubbers in the middle of the rotisserie, between the " layers". I cleared everything, including those..nice little glow in there now, too, but not for the weak of heart to get to...I was on a loctite quest anyway, so it all worked out....

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone else install the cliffy for the scoop yet?
I'm not taking any chances with mine.

Ice has talked me out of it...if I develop a chip, I'll put the Cliffys in, and blame him endlessly ( he won't care...)..

#651 7 years ago

Good to see the Mylar in between the pop area, and several other drop spots on the PF, btw

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

They don't make translucent green, blue or purple sling rubbers? I like white for the glow but it's just...like white, ya know?

They make a really cool " glow in the dark " green....I've got a set of 2 1/2, just haven't found a game for them yet....

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

No flames...I own JJP too, but I had issues with a couple of mounts on it when it first came out of the box. If this is all that happens, then it is all good and an easy fix. It's actually pretty common to have to tighten up or adjust things on this games after they rattle around in a truck for several hours.

This ^^^^^ I did far, far more work on another pin that I just had ( and still have) a passion for. It was worth it to me. If I like the machine, it's kind of fun going through the code process...like getting a new machine every time a version drops.

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow. code download took for-ë-vaa time to upgrade the 300bps modem...
but, time to install

Do it...you must!!!..

#681 7 years ago

With loctite /glue on everything would that be an issuse down the road when you need to unscrew something to get to a certain part of the game? Like the turntable, etc? Or is E6000 a better choice?
BTW, we plan to unbox my #66 next Wed

Not at all.....loctite (the blue stuff) holds things tight, but can still be taken apart at a later date with correct tools (used all the time on nuts/ bolts that are suspect to vibration.. The epoxy is more "permanent", but in this case, I only used it on the batmobile, and the screw is so short, it too will come out fine at a later date, but only with a screwdriver....

#685 7 years ago

MK...did you use the epoxy on just the screws that go into the Batmobile or did you also use it on the screws that go into the round plastic piece? Thanks!

Epoxy ONLY on the bat mobile toy. Wouldn't use it on the general, machine threaded screws...use the Loctite BLUE on those ( it's called " removeable"). Two different things.....clear jb weld epoxy, and red loctite.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

This is my game. I have already posted these in the impressions thread. For those who say they aren't getting dimpling I am happy for you. I am not as fortunate.... Some clear chipping already as well.

Man, that looks rough!!!....I posted last night that I did a glass off on mine with around 100-150 plays....some normal dimpling ( minor), but overall looked fine....sorry you got one like that!!!...hope Stern will make it right ( you would think so), it looks like a ton of ( hard) air ball activity....geesh....

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

You've got your Loctite colors mixed up...
"Loctite Threadlocker Red 271 is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500°F (260°C)."
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/t_lkr_red/overview/Loctite-Threadlocker-Red-271.htm
"Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242 is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing."
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/t_lkr_blue/overview/Loctite-Threadlocker-Blue-242.htm

Drats!!!! You'll note I called out blue, then edited back to red after looking at my cap color. See pic:

I actually had a bottle of Staybond T222 that was handy...sorry for confusion..( I actually do rigging as part of my pro audio side, and use the loctite green stuff, 290 most of the time, because of the wicking aspect, perfect for shackles after the fact)...thanks!!!

IMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPG

#734 7 years ago

After touring the factory at expo, I kinda get the " loose screw" episodes here. They do have many, many people using overhead pneumatic or electric screw/ nut drivers, as it's a pretty large assembly ( not manufacturing) facility.

I can't speak for other games, but this one definitely requires hand tightened screws, nuts, etc. in key areas, as power tools would obviously over torque them. There were plenty of hand soldering stations, but didn't notice nearly as many hand assembly lines. This has to be a huge qc challenge for them, with so many games moving everywhere.

This, by NO means justifies the issues, but simply shines some light on it. Does anyone know if all these qc issues have any coorelation to when they moved to the larger facility, and upped assembly?

Believe it or not, I was really impressed with the facility, and the overall positive attitudes that I witnessed from all the employees. I really believe they take pride in their work, and the passion from Gary on down felt very sincere. They were genuinely excited to bring this BM66, their 30th anniversary edition, to life.

Growth issues are absolutely real, and I'm sure they are truly as disheartened as we are to see some of these issues happening. Have to believe they are working very hard to " get their legs" wrapped around the qc aspect.

I don't work for Stern, have no inside knowledge, certainly not a " fanboy", and am disheartened by some of these very real issues being faced by customers who laid out big money for any of these games ( news flash- 4K is just as big as 15k to some). Mistakes and challenges happen everyday, it's how we deal with them is what separates the good from the bad...strictly a business statement. Sincerely hope ( and do believe) Stern will work harder, and stand behind their products. Their passion seems very genuine.

I'm not naive, just common sense. If the quality goes south, the funds WILL stop. Costs far more to repair something than to do it right the first time. Choosing to believe they are fully aware of this is the stance I'm taking. I want the customers with bad games to be made whole, AND I want Stern ( along with JJP, Heighway, etc.) to thrive.

#742 7 years ago

I think (no expert....VID where are you?) but i think the mylar only protects playfield from wear, won't stop the dimples.....

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was really enjoying the pics of the gadget numbers and apron cards.

Agreed...any new ones out there?

#794 7 years ago

I got LE#66 > BatShit detector gadget
No joke!

LMAO....pics or forget it....

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'm sure this has been talked about but is there an explanation for the 3 holes on top front edge of the back box?

Gotta believe those are for the rubber inserts for playfield to rest on when raised ( even though only 3 on IMVE) Think I'll call tomorrow and ask...

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't recall that one in any of the episodes?

Agreed, anxious to keep the club thread positive as new owners enjoy this beautiful game. ( think he was kidding, as his arrives tomorrow)

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I knew he was kidding, I was just trying to be sarcastic. He's had his game for a week or so, he's just being real patient about unboxing it.

Well played

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same issue. Pic attached ...anyone been brave enough to tackle adjusting the turntable mech yet? I'm game to try almost anything in the pinball world, but that is one complex looking mech

What's your pitch? I'm serious...6.5, and my ball would float around that rim of the spinner, needing a nudge to unstick. At 7 , have had zero problems with it (3 days running now..playing at the office..I can do that, executive privilege......).

These shots (almost all of them) are very tight, whether people find that a hassle or a challenge is up to them. It does provide a different gaming experience for me with my existing lineup. Combine that with a killer theme, and it's a winner for me.

No danger of left orbit shots with this one, but the ramps really do flow nicely, in their own way. Agreed the left one would have been better with a more complete wireform around the loop, but suspect there will be a fix for that. I was looking at my SM last night, and realized they made a really cool plastic flap (with artwork) that screwed to the plastic ramp. If they could come up with something like that ( a little longer, some art, and attached to the wireform) that area is solid, and would really look great...thinking out loud....

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Even though I like hearing about the gadgets and cards, the tweaks and issues are interesting too. It's not negative letting people know what to look for.

Agreed, and thumbs upped your post. I like working on my machines as much (if not more) than playing them. The chipped clear is a defect, period, and needs to be dealt with. Dimpling playfields? That one was terrible, but mine is "breaking in" nicely. Magnet dimples? meh..I think the alloy will only allow so much dimpling, then land at it's final state, when everything gets bashed evenly over time.

The game is very "physical" as far as a some flowy shots, moving bash target, harsh, tight shots, and a rotisserie that may prove to be truly special, especially when the video gets drug down into that TV on a more interactive basis.

All of these other things I find very interesting, as the tweaking process begins....

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mirco has playfield protectors up for preorder. Will not be shipped before the end of the month (waiting on production playfield to fine tune the prototype). I ordered one.
https://www.playfield-protectors.com
Decided I'd try one and see if I like it rather than take a chance I have a defective playfield. Not going to play my LE much, if at all, until it's installed. That's probably silly, but no too much sillier than paying $10k for a toy ...

Thanks for the link...I'm in too. My playfield dimpling is very minor compared to the defective one showed, but seems like common sense to pursue if I want to protect the playfield, period. Almost bought one for my WOZ (yes it is suspect to minor dimpling, scratching too), but man, that thing will be a PITA to tear down.

After doing the rubbers on my BM66LE, I'm not that afraid of it (from a teardown standpoint) to put this protector on.

I'm keeping the machine, and will continue to play it until the protector arrives, but an ounce of protection...........

#874 7 years ago

These are gorgeous machines!!!

#904 7 years ago

Great look w the spots....anxious for my pinballife and comet order to get here so I can brighten the playfield a bit.

Was thinking the purple might actually work good for spots on this game....picked up some, along with white, just to experiment a bit...

RandomKG, what are your thoughts ( being you've got both in )?

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey Mark I'm thinking I'll land on four opmax natural whites in my spots but will likely use purple for my trough LED strip. Purple opmaxes would be a close second of course, but white is the sure thing. I am thinking the purple LED strip won't ruin the bat symbol art at the center drain, while also balancing with the rest of the purple so prevalent on the pf. Will know soon enough when I find/order some more lights

Suspect you're right....I've only used purple on my WCS, and they look great, can't go wrong with white....been staring at the rotisserie as well, a little light up there might be cool as well... .....I thought I was headed to Atlanta next weekend for biz, but got cancelled...hope to get down your way soon...mark

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well that sucks I was going to order some, seems most people rate the super shinies.
Awesome thanks for the pic would be great to see a before and after of the lighting.

Shineys the best.....was lucky to have enough spares from last order to cover BM..(whew)

on to PDI (gonna KILL with these colors!!!)...

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You know double spots on the slings would light the current area and the lower center nicely. Just a suggestion...

Bingo...my plan...the turntable will take a bit of headscratching......

#969 7 years ago

WHOA!!!! can I now please beg you to make a lockdown bar with the same black sparkle finish, and replace the decals with some of that amazing work?.....I suspect every LE, SLE owner would buy one immediately.

Guarantee, I'd be one of your first customers....!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!....

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You know I'm buying those armor upgrades whenever/if possible!
Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).
The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too.

THIS + 1000..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Happened again. LED in sling (specifically the right top led) ... ball is impacting. Replaced with flat tops this time.

That lens looks wide, compared to the standard insert bulb..weird....looked at mine tonight....close, but would take a massive hit for the sling rubber to hit the dome of bulb

#1015 7 years ago

Has anyone tried to order the topper beacon available only on the SLE? George said it could be added to the LE topper, and I definitely want to pursue......anyone else?

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's going to be a Stern accessory. By definition that means it will be overpriced ... especially since they know their potential market is limited to 240.

This is my concern....any SLE owners willing to snap a pic of that beacon so I can research a bit ( can't imagine they made it...the factory is an assembly plant)...thanks....

#1034 7 years ago

GREAT CARD!!!.....make sure to post in the other thread!!!

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I assumed premium buyers could use it as well. Seems like Stern would be leaving money on the table if it was just for LE owners.

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

#1043 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

SLE back box of topper hookup and beam

Thanks for pics....my LE definitely has those boards....have a feeling that beacon is going to be a bitch to find. I remember seeing it at the factory...pretty strong and has a focus optical in the front.

The cool thing is....Stern wouldn't have gone to all of this added expense just to pulse some leds and blink the BM logo...this will definitely be a interactive topper!!!

Guess I'll wait until my distributor can get the beacon thru Stern...not gonna be cheap, I'm afraid....

#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Good for them, if true...and I own a premium. They have to start offering things on LE versions that cannot be easily (and definitely not more affordably) added in the secondary market.

Completely agree...."LE" should be more than just a plaque and goodie bag to justify the higher cost. The debate rages that game play should be identical from COSTCO to "Super duper every bell and whistle charged added and charged" machines. I've never quite understood that, but I'm sure there are quite a few here that will be happy to explain why something that costs more, shouldn't actually be worth more, on several levels.

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Makes no sense to me either. Seems like most on this board would be very tempted to unload the bank on LE versions that offered a significant boost in play and especially code. Does this diminish sales of the "baseline" or "pro" pin? I wouldn't think so..assuming those versions provide a good perception on value for what owners are paying for them. But if Stern wants to start charging 10K, 12.5K+ for these versions they have to go this route IMO but, hell, what do I know. Hope they can keep making it work so we can play more pinball.

Stop....that makes far too much sense.....

#1121 7 years ago

Double spots added....bottom 2/3rds playfield lit very well ( this in a dark room) on to the top 1/3 ( have a couple of ideas) waiting on parts.....

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG

IMG_0225 (resized).JPGIMG_0225 (resized).JPG

IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I had double spots set up like that too, but the harsh reflection of the bulb on the black artwork right next to egghead and bookworm was driving me crazy.

Just got to bend and point where you want. These aren't perfectly pointed yet, obviously, but difference night and day, it's a nice, even spread, actually....I personally can't stand ball troughs that glow like the sun to try and light up higher, but to each their own. Trough lights rock for flash effects, however...

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone worked out how to light up the rotating mech yet?

Waiting on some parts, and have a couple ideas......pretty sure it's gonna work....

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Looks real nice. Should come from the factory with double spots but that might put pressure on their thin profit margin

Agreed..the even wash belonged from the beginning.....those targets on the rotisserie are going to be a bitch. I've gotta use the larger ( 12v style ) reflector and definitely the highly focused Optix Maximus spot to focus the beam down on the targets, with minimal wash on tv screen. The upper area ( batman and robin) will be handled easily. Should work really good to finish pf lighting in a non aggressive way.

Also have a great left ramp reinforcement that will be basically bolt on....makes the ramp incredibly solid and smooth...I'll post that as well, when I sort.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Yes, the ball will hit that bracket and screw heads a lot. The bracket is on the outside of the ramp for a reason

Would be a bit of extra work, but I would think taking the bracket off, widening the outer hole, and using countersink screws would be a nice, clean fix....good get!!!.....I'll have to look at mine when I'm back in town Monday.......

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,Batfans!!! B66LE #53,Batzooka,up and working!! My Topper is only on during attract mode as well,but rule set has it on if you get all modes.I think???

Extremely happy they got you fixed up...I know how excited you were for this title!!! Topper only works in attract mode for now....quite confident code drops will slowly unleash the beast in this beauty.

Enjoy!!!

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cool, forgot to try super skill shot yet - left flipper button as usual?

yepper....

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just unboxed my BM66LE. Found a screw rolling around in the box and first mission was to find the culprit!
Having a bitch of a time getting one leg bolt threaded in. Need to find rubber hammer.
Checking on turn table mech guys, take a look at these pics. Gonna fire it up and see if it calibrates itself but the screw actually went to the bottom of the mech. See below.

Good luck Ice!!!...glad to see you finally got the bad boy out!!!....Keep us posted ( looks like 2 screws go in that bracket(?)...I'll have to pop mine tomorrow and look ....

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just a warning to anyone thinking of using locktite to secure the batmobile screws on the spinning disc. The base of the car is plastic. The stuff I used is called Threadlock - and it melted the plastic!!!! Don't know about locktite but assume it would be a similar formulation.
This car is one area Stern really skimped. It's literally a super cheapo Hot Wheels car. And attaching it with a couple of small self tapping screws! Come on Stern - u can do better.

Very strange.....my BM car was a typical version, with a " pot metal" chassis. The self tapping screws definitely need something like glue or epoxy ( my choice), to insure it doesn't vibrate loose...mine nice and tight now. I use threadlocker quite often on most of my pins with small machine threads ( metal to metal). Helps insure proper switch alignment, etc.

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks guys, having an issue with the turn table! As in it won't turn
I played with the glass off for a bit, couldn't move forward because table wouldn't turn to allow me to hit the bat phone!
It's not level as in low in front and high in the back. Gonna call Stern to figure out best way to adjust this monster mech without F ing it up further.
I'll take pics of card and episode shortly.

Rotisserie definitely needs to be even w playfield....wonder if the missing screw incident caused some kind of misalignment of sorts? I haven't screwed w the underside yet, but definitely looking tomorrow...

#1283 7 years ago

Changed my shooter rod Spring from green to purple ( only higher one Terry showed in stock)....major difference!!!...have plenty of "headroom" now for plunging to attempt skill shot...highly recommend ( I'm sure the orange would work great too)

#1287 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are you a SLE or LE? Mine is the cheapest of cheap Hot Wheels (literally) car with full plastic base. (The car itself is metal.)

Just LE....must have gotten lucky...it is just pot metal, however, so didn't see a point in attempting to tap the holes and use a proper screw, so not sure it's a whole lot better than the plastic base in this case....

#1290 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I ended up Aralditing some proper threaded bolts into the holes left by the screws, and bolted the car to the disc using nylon lock nuts. Which is how it should have been done in the first place. Its not going anywhere now.

Very nice!!!

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thx, i was wondering if it had it in .61? Doesn't really matter, the download is taking forever for .65, will be mañana now!
I've got dead flippers too, don't really need then if i'm only gonna play with the glass off.

Drats Ice.....yes the spinner did show with. 61....hopefully the new code clears it all up....big download, so yeah, gonna take time...

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks again Trekkie!
Spoke to Chas at Stern today, dude is a chill guy, has to be i guess with all the incoming he takes! Very helpful again.
Also, Game Room guys have been great too. They are getting a tech involved to fix it all since i had some wiring and optos sheared off!
Anyhow, while playing with the glass off that left orbit was tough to hit, and i mean without flippers and hand shooting it up there!

Left orbit and ramp are tough, period.....very tight....starting to get the hang of it...definitely more fun w new code....not even to 1.0 yet....can only imagine what this bad boy is gonna be like down the road!!!

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I scanned through the clips in pinball browser of the 0.68 firmware and didnt see any clips from the movie. Also didnt see any batgirl clips either.
Interestingly, l didnt see any video clips of shame, egghead, mr freeze, mad hatter, or king tut. They did have "cartoonized" clips of the minor villains getting jailed though (similar to the jail clips of the 4 major villains).
There were a bunch of bookworm video clips in there though. It seems odd they would have video clips of bookworm but not the minor villains. So I hope they will add the others later (and maybe movie clips and batgirl).

Highly suspect there will be more in future coding....

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Even with the current state of the code, the game is still a fun game.

Completely agree....I'm settling in nicely to the different feel of this one. It's a very "tight layout" and the little loop shots around rotisserie, as well as right ramp w spinner gives some nice twists on play. Call outs are starting to get relative, and while lots of polish still to come, I really enjoy the nuances and pure fun of this title right now!!!

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like i'm getting a new mech assembly and node board for the flippers.
So i get to tackle installing that monster. Supposedly the sheared wiring is tied to the mech, drop it out, drop a new one in and boom boom its play time!

Bam!!!....close to Bat Time!!!!!!

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That's not a bad idea!
Here are my turntable/ramp lights which I finally got around to. 7 smd led warm white on left side of right ramp. 7 smd led natural white on underside of left ramp. I'm happy with it.

Looks great!!!

#1497 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For Stern to market BM66 as such a special anniversary premium product they really should have just had enclosed wireforms at the bends. Sure someone will make their own down the road the skill set on pinside never ceases to amaze me.

This is going to be my approach....should look factory, and have a great metal shop and powder coating facility very, very close. Suspect it wasn't caught early enough before production to provide the correct habitrail....sort of excited to get this done....

#1548 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Received the Franchi artwork. Really want to play this pin!

got mine too....machine leaves the office next week to it's permanent home in the lineup......anxious for you too, Ice!!!! hopefully soon!!!

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i might make a template for it, then ship it off for a company in japan to make & sell them for $260

LMAO!!!....those look deep...I believe the cardboard was not aged properly...dammit!!!

1 week later
#1666 7 years ago

I find it amazing that the code can actually make the game SHOOT better...I get shot geometry, etc., but man, the machine simply plays better now, have no idea on how to explain it

#1670 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Playing Batman while watching Batman?

....and switching to Geico can save you a ton of money on your automobile insurance.

You got something weird going on there......no way I want Joker staring at me while I'm playing the pin....have a feeling if Lyman really makes that little TV interact and taunt while you play, the creepy factor goes WAY up!!!

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The more I play the last update, the more pumped I am about this game. It's going to be amazing once that mode is added for finishing the 4 villians, and then all the call outs and stuff to be added, and everything else.
The skeleton game that's there is really demonstrating an awesome risk/reward game. How much do you push your luck? Will be a new classic.

Completely agree....the right orbit is wicked fast, as well....so many ways to make this one a classic...multiball is mind blowing on the senses as is!!!

#1693 7 years ago

Not sure if I'll want to update the code........

A couple pics of my spotlight approach....makes a huge difference, and lights the rotisserie targets nicely, without even affecting the TV

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

IMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1557 (resized).JPG

#1710 7 years ago

Don't even know if the license would impede....BM is one of the true multi platform titles ( real life and animation), and the animation sequences look WAY more "normal" and I really like the blend.

Hell the beginning of the show and all the fight scenes had animation....it just works ( for me) ...I don't want the whole series on the screen...I'm sure Lyman will mix them quite well....( multiball experience off the charts for me, right now).

Seeing a rock band or even actor only themes w animation? Whatever.....Batman is right at home w both....love this freakin thing!!!

#1731 7 years ago

Batphone, w proper button:

IMG_1558 (resized).JPGIMG_1558 (resized).JPG

#1732 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my pins have started punkin' each other

Having the same trouble in my game room.....

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which toy is that? Where did you get it? Looks the the best option if you aren't going to do a bust/desk setup.
Or is that the Stern chew toy with a modification?

Simply used the existing phone, drilled 7/64 hole in center, then used e6000 glue and pressed in an "Artminds" rivet. Got at Michaels...had to buy the 100 pack, so got $5.00 in the mod...matches the tv version almost perfectly

IMG_1560 (resized).JPGIMG_1560 (resized).JPG

#1736 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You should have charged $5.00 for each button.

Ha...agreed....I'd give the others away who are interested, takes about 5 minutes....but the shipping and hassle probably costs more than the pack. It fits pretty much perfect!!!

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my TPF booth setup for the pin. overkill ?

Hope that thing has some UV protection built in....I'm very worried about excessive light fading....

What about the temperature and humidity inside the bubble?

I have concerns,,,,,

3 weeks later
#1991 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, game changer coming. It's just flipping it around fun time right now. I've put up a couple of huge scores but its meaningless until we get more beef going here.
The shots on this pin feel really good, when Lyman does his thing its gonna be another classic.

Completely agree!!!...the pin is still oddly fun "as is" for me, maybe because I know what's coming, code wise. I truly believe this is going to be one of the most " pure fun/ nostalgia" pins that will exist. Don't regret my decision to get an LE for a second.

#1992 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just listened to K-----'s podcast where George Gomez was a guest. Gomez said the next BM66 code update will be Monday or Tuesday. Also said that Lyman is only working on the BM66 code right now and not splitting time between other games.

Great news!!!

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've been there. Keep trying new sticks. I had to try four once on a spike.
(KISS...for like..the only update it received :/ )

Also, make sure you load BOTH files after unzipping, not just the big one. Code won't load, otherwise.

Played a bit at lunch...there ARE some new callouts, and other stuff going on.....anxious to get home, and explore tonight...

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could someone with the 0.70 code possibly list all the current High Score tables there are in the game/attract now?
Thanks

I'll look tonight, as i'm away from the machine now. There are quite a few. The new multiball is very cool, and alot of subtle, but "polished feeling" adds....going to play it ALOT tonight...

#2070 6 years ago

LOTS of animation/ lighting effects added in 4 ball mb. More animated stuff in attract mode than before. Many combo shots registering, but haven't figured them out yet. Much, much more to do. Mini villains not there yet, and confusing what the gadget belt helps, but tons of fun just playing it. I could be dreaming, but the magnet seems more powerful. Grabs the ball hard on bat phone shots, and slings it around a lot more randomly in other modes.
Time to go play it some more....

#2072 6 years ago

Saw the first " sparkle" lighting effect during multiball, as well. And those that thought the rotisserie was useless or in an out of the way spot are going to be very surprised. Lots of shit going on up there, and when that thing is rotating, and the crane moving at the same time ( along with lighting effects) pretty impressive....

#2076 6 years ago

It sure sounds like they did. It's definitely not William Dozier. Wonder who it is. He did a fantastic job.

Agreed....just finished a nice nightly session on the machine.....really, really fun. This thing is gonna get scary good when Lyman says " it's done". The shots have gotten fun, machine has a nice pace to it, and theme, theme, theme.....think they picked a great one for their anniversary title, and first LCD....everything fits.....and only .7!!!!!

#2077 6 years ago

Playfield update: I've played my game ALOT now....no chipping or cracking anywhere ( and I was looking hard). The dimpling is evening out better than I could have imagined ...much, much harder to notice, as the whole playfield seems to be settling in. Very pleased, thus far....

#2079 6 years ago

No chipping of clear in the shooter lane, scoop or saucer?? I've had lots of clear chipping away from the back of the scoop. Front has a Cliffy. Had to Mylar the shooter lane and my saucer is taking a good beating. My deflector is bending up and lifting the Riddler plastic. And all with a playfield protector on

Zero...I can post some pics tonight....been watching those areas like a hawk, as I know some of you have problems there ( sucks).

I haven't even put a Cliffy in, just Mylar at the ramp drops.....I stay paranoid, but guess pretty lucky so far...

#2080 6 years ago

No chipping of clear in the shooter lane, scoop or saucer?? I've had lots of clear chipping away from the back of the scoop. Front has a Cliffy. Had to Mylar the shooter lane and my saucer is taking a good beating. My deflector is bending up and lifting the Riddler plastic. And all with a playfield protector on

Had a few minutes to snap a couple of pics.....if you zoom in on shooter lane, you can see one very small spot that has been hit a lot and appears to be dented slightly, and a bit of uneven application on the right side...but these are VERY small, and you have to zoom in. What is obvious, though....I have to get off my lazy ass and clean/ wax the playfield, as you can see the coating lying about....

Scoop is pretty much perfect.

Shot of the part of the playfield shows a couple of the dimples, but I really had to look hard for any that obvious....again, much more scratching ( will clean and wax tonight)....kind of weird...it's like the whole cc sort of " cured" or something. I'm no expert in this topic, but just lucky, I guess....

IMG_1580 (resized).JPGIMG_1580 (resized).JPG

IMG_1581 (resized).JPGIMG_1581 (resized).JPG

IMG_1582 (resized).JPGIMG_1582 (resized).JPG

IMG_1583 (resized).JPGIMG_1583 (resized).JPG

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That shooter lane "dent" will chip. See how it's cloudy? That means it's not attached to the wood anymore.

Pulled the glass, and it feels very smooth, but " dimpled" there. Don't they make a shooter lane kit, which would guard against this ( my IM has something down there).

I'm grateful that's all I can find, compared to some of the other pics I've seen.

#2084 6 years ago

Anybody else getting these random emails regarding BM code? It's almost like a group chat, but I keep getting them....shit...I've asked to be removed twice....

#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cliffy does one I believe or is in the process of making one. There is also a German company (same one that does the playfield protectors) that does shooter lane protectors out of.... I think PETG and they look pretty cool.

This is the one in my IM....might pick one up....looks like a Cliffy....my scoop is flawless, but am sure it will wear over time...might as well get that one too....

IMG_1584 (resized).JPGIMG_1584 (resized).JPG

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That shooter lane "dent" will chip. See how it's cloudy? That means it's not attached to the wood anymore.

I feel better now...w glass off, shined a light straight at the dent, and it is just that...a dent...the " grey" look was from the lighting in the camera shot. Area extremely smooth and uniform....even tried aggravating it a bit ( probably not the best idea) by " scraping lightly w my mini screwdriver to see if was behaving odd....solid and definitely attached.

Now applying wax to playfield, as I've abused it enough .....cannot explain it....but my shooter lane or scoop have NO chipping currently, and dimpling is very, very minor ( still buying the Cliffys as it seems prudent)

#2090 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics MK. I'm wondering if after a year or so the clearcoat will have cured to point where I no longer need the playfield protector.

Idk, but it's freakin weird....swear I was bitching about dimples all over the upper area by the magnet, and about a third of the way down, where the crane was causing the ball to smash the playfield. I KNOW I saw them ( don't drink that heavy).

Just finished waxing the playfield tonight ( 2 coats) and swear the damn areas are smooth now.....with just a few small dimples. Looks like a regular playfield now....took my damn led flashlight and started using different lighting angles to find the dimples...they simply have smoothed out, and the playfield has a great sheen. Hell if I know, but not complaining.

#2092 6 years ago

Is your saucer deflector bending back and lifting your Riddler plastic? I bought a couple new ones from Marco and I'm hoping my bent deflector is just a fluke.

No problems there.....and to be clear....when I take my super bright led flashlight and shine across the previous " big dimpled" areas, you can see ( barely) how the whole playfield has kind of " smoothed out" as if the entire clearcoat has kind of evened out the dimple look as the ball has been everywhere. Very, very subtle, and would compare it to a degree to an " orange peel" look. With the game on, virtually impossible to see. Waxing it tonight, I couldn't even feel it, and playfield nice and shiney.

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

How did you get on the list?

Have no clue whatsoever......

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For those with games in hand does the original tv series intro play at all on the pin, like in attract mode?

An abridged version plays at the end of each game.....very cool, and drags you right back in to push " start" one more time...

#2144 6 years ago

Holy s**t Batman!!!....major work there...awesome!!!

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, today is 2 weeks since the last small update, but they've been as long as 5 weeks between updates. Someone said it was supposed to be today, but Stern is not exactly reliable with their pledge to update Batman every two weeks (hasn't happened once on the two week "Gomez Drops" mark since release). So probably some time between today and 3 weeks from today.

Do you own one of these? Seems you get ill about this alot...just didnt see it in your collection...curious, I might have missed it

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Vic kept up with the first 3 software releases and bug threads and has been posting in this thread for awhile. Be cool man.
In either case, he's right to point out that Stern isn't doing what Gomez said.

Its all good...I think anyone can voice their opinion on a game without owning it. Guess it just wouldnt bother me as much if I could just walk away from a machine I didnt like...no harm meant w my comment

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not my personal machine, I help an OP get his machines bulletproofed for route and then maintain them. Usually these new machines live at my house for a couple weeks only while I get them ready, but Batman'66 is stuck here because it's not suitable for the route with the alpha code. So it's living here, covered, waiting for non-alpha code.

This is a Club thread, so generally, people that enjoy the machine post in them, or provide constructive ways to mod, fix, and further enhance things. My question to you ( did you own one) was genuine ( didn't see your f/s ad). Not because your opinion didn't matter, but rather why you seem miserable in your discussion regarding it. Maybe not "club thread" material, but whatever.

Speaking of code....I played a proto WOZ ......barely....it was terrible. But I loved the machine and knew Keefer on the code, so I went through the same process ( saying this because it appears you own one, as do I). I have similar faith in Lyman, and love this machine.

Anyway....time to move on from this....pinball is way too fun ( even w early code) to be miserable over. Onward, Batman!!!

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To keep us enthused.

Agreed....fortunately ( for me) I'm screwing around w the ramp, and getting ready to do some armor mods, so machine will be down a bit. Keeps me occupied, but anxious to see it become more polished, code wise....

#2217 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Quick reminder that Lyman's signature is on the LE's and above- not just George. Recommended: ignore Vireland and get on with your life. Give it a few mos as was always the case....

Good advice, but I actually don't block anyone. nothing on here really bothers me compared to what I deal with in the "outside" real world (although when vireland said he had no reflection, sort of caught me offguard...is that like "casts no shadow" too)

You are 100% right about the game, however.

#2221 6 years ago

That's a sweet looking card. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Big time!!!!!

1 week later
#2264 6 years ago

Just got over a million points tonight, 4 ball multiball, and the villains " broke out of jail"....pretty cool....

#2265 6 years ago

Then some other weird multiball w 3 balls right after...lights going crazy....most fun I've had on the thing...even though a lot of call outs needed, the musical "hits", along w cartoon sayings and lights going crazy really was fun...

#2268 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And topper integration. Not a big deal, but that's a lot of electronics and wire for a topper to only flash a bit during attract mode.

Agreed....minor villains and some mode stacking are going to be a given. I personally am hoping for the TV villain taunt. To be truly interactive like that will put the game over the top for me....

#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Villain High Scores don't register either or am I missing something?

Not showing yet, but quite sure this will be in there soon...

#2270 6 years ago

Personally think this next code drop will be big, with SW right around the corner....

#2277 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

You have this one 3 or 5 ball? just checking, Congrats either way.

3 ball....it was a very cool game!!! Think if someone captured that mulitball it would show its quite fun during the sequences. The GI dims, music "hits", the "kapow" sayings, and they lightshow reallt transform the game from a calm shooter to a pretty hectic, comic battle scene...spot on for the theme....

Added over 7 years ago: My post adds on iPad or phone are terrible, grammatically....apologize....

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok I've got the beer iced down now and I'm all set for a great drop!!

Ditto.....

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'll be five weeks if another Gomez Drop hits on Thurs.

Stated in other thread...no more guesses from me....on the " maybe Thursday " train moving forward...

#2408 6 years ago

Just put a couple hours on w new code....massive fun, and completely new dynamic, as the spinning batmobile is an actual target w real rewards and impact on scoring...the vids are just a blast!!! The machine has taken a quantum leap in both stacking, scoring possibilities, and enhanced, campy fun...love this freakin game!!!

#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How cool is the music in Bat Turn? Where's O-din - he'd love it. Great mode in general. Can't believe this update is just a 0.01!! Imagine what we'll get by 1.01!!! Game won't be recognizable.

+1000...he's probably playing one of his friend's now (mentioned there were 2 next to him, so he didn't need to keep his). I couldn't get over how the game gained that much "fun factor" with a ".01" rev......amazing.

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the topic, mk6pin , whats the progress on the replacement wireform?

ESP!!!...literally just emailed Matt tonight to see how his other project ( previous commitment) was going, as I was anxious to get started....I've got specific pics, critical measurements, and sketches ready to share with him. Don't want to pull my ramp yet, until he's ready to fab....enjoying the new code....I'll post any updates...

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should also ask for a different strength plunger spring (I think Green is the one you want - ill check tonight) as the one installed is way too soft (unless yours are already installed).

Orange rocks....

#2457 6 years ago

Tech question regarding rotisserie...can you look at attached pic and tell me if this is correct? I changed everything to clear Titan when I disassembled, tightened everything, but it looks like maybe this should be ( 2x) post sleeves, or 3/16id ring on each post, instead of the larger ring?

I was sure I replaced the ring correctly ( 1 1/4" I think), but that outside post will take a lot of ball hits as the rotisserie moves from Batphone to spinner.....pics, thoughts?...thanks

#2458 6 years ago

And...the attachments...crap

IMG_1603 (resized).JPGIMG_1603 (resized).JPG

IMG_1604 (resized).JPGIMG_1604 (resized).JPG

IMG_1606 (resized).JPGIMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And...the attachments...crap

Just looked it up in the manual, and it's calling for an 1 1/2" ring, like I've got. Even shows how the inside of the ring awkwardly "bends" back in to accommodate the sleeve behind the batmobile spinner...my concern...the ring will get hit quite a bit on the edge. My clear started to fray, and just changed it. Guess it guards the back of the target, but may have to ponder that a bit....

#2478 6 years ago

Finally got villain escape mode tonight.....game is quite fun...went through FGY, TZ, IM, and BM66LE tonight...4 completely different experiences...it's why I love this hobby!!!...tomorrow shall be WOZ, TRONLE, SM, then TSPP...choice is good!!!

1 week later
#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

BM66 looks like that (at least when the code catches up to the look and shot layout... ac/dc has such an uninspired layout and look what Lyman did with it)

Can tell you from how I enjoy it (even now, yes) this machine IS that, and will only get better. Hate threads abound for it right now...I drain the attacking ones and enjoy what I consider to be a true classic themed, Lyman PB.

You won't regret it...is what it is....

1 week later
#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And weren't they also going to sell the SLE bat light for the topper?

They are going to sell the topper beacon from the SLE for the LE.

Saw the topper place marker on Marco's site.....highly doubt they will be offering the LE/SLE version as an option. They require extra boards not included on the premium, and don't have these " already built". I know this as my original had something wrong w the strobing led effect and had to get a replacement. Chaz stated " they only built enough for the LE/SLE games, and had to make mine" ( works fine now). Also specifically stated there would be a different topper available for the premiums, just wasn't sure when.

#2542 6 years ago

Awesome...thanks for the info! It looks like the same topper used on the SLE. If Stern is gonna sell these same toppers for the Pre it's gonna cause a shitstorm.

Completely agree....those of us that bit the bullet and bought one early were attacked endlessly for being so "stupid". Now , even though gameplay is identical ( the goal of every righteous pinsider), some will hope to build an exact replica with replacement parts at a fraction of the original price? Not gonna happen. If it does, I highly doubt they could ever sell another SLE or even LE version of a title ( I'm only one person, but can guarantee not a dime, ever, would go towards an LE again).

Yes, this one really touches a nerve with me. Maybe because I chose ( foolishly) to engage in a couple of the hate threads before draining. I apologize, but these limited editions are meant to be just that. This is an awesome machine package, and some paid dearly for it. Stern knows that.

#2551 6 years ago

Great news!!!! I posted a question about them about 2 weeks ago, and they "liked" it.

Took that as at least they were aware and had something brewing, anyway.

#2598 6 years ago

Heard " to the bat poles" last night, and a very cool clip that went with it. Several fight scenes are added. The music and sound effects are more interactive now than ever. Only got 1/2 hour on it after loading the code, but can say this is really coming together nicely. A truly fun experience and a solid update. This pin is proving to be exactly what I'd hoped.

#2599 6 years ago

Thanks Trekkie. Having trouble installing new code. Put the usb in the backbox and turned on. When I hit select it just sits there and does nothing. No service menu buttons work. After a minute a strange faint buzz can be heard from backbox. I'm approaching my 18th hour of downloading etc. This is getting annoying. Anyone else?

Might be that you loaded the code onto the stick without pulling it out of the folder. Fooled me once last night....it's only one file ( not 2 like previously), but after I unzipped it, the file was living in a folder. Have to open the folder, then drag it to the stick. I moved it in the folder first, and machine didn't even see it......just a thought...

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Agreed, a bit unnerving that the update process can knock them out that easily.
Loading future updates will really feel like Russian roulette!

Nah...I havent had a glitch yet ( except human error, forgeting to pull the file out of the folder).

Use a solid usb stick, speedy internet connection, and its done pretty quick and reliable ( just a big file)...

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The missus made me this Bat-acular cake for my birthday...

That is amazing!!!! Super congrats on the cake...to say your Wife is a keeper is an understatement.....great Bat Story!!!!

1 week later
#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

the batpoles calllout/video is the tops i tell ya, the tops.
I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4630

Completely agree...I've witnessed 2 different versions of that sequence so far....the game in an absolute gem!!!

It's the only one any visitor seems to gravitate to immediately when they visit....

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is so relaxing when I come back to this thread...I've been in Star Wars for the past days and there's a lot of hate there, criticism, attacks, envy, lack of respect for personal taste or pov, low insults,etc.
Off course sometimes here it's like a multiball too, but the pics, the people proud of their new Batman66, sharing scores, new toys, positive comments about the last code are simply very nice things to read. My Family and me, we're completely happy with our Batman66 Pinball, I'm 100% proud to be owner of one.
Regards fellas, and thank you.

Agreed, but man, some of the early hate threads for this title were brutal ( may still be going, but I drained them sometime back). Early LE, and fortunate SLE adopters were attacked heavily.

Nice to see things settling, as this great machine matures code wise. I thoroughly enjoy mine, and do find the club threads interesting and informative most of the time.

#2730 6 years ago

I was so grateful to meet him at expo, during the "meet and greet" signing thing for the pin. I simply told him " you'll be the real batman, forever, in my book" he smiled and said thanks.....sad, sad day

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the last factory tour video they were making bat signal projectors for the LE toppers so at least we should be seeing those.

Yes!!!...very anxious for this add....

#2748 6 years ago

Maybe just me, but have had an extra fun time on the machine tonight...Adam will live forever through this game...

Taking some turntable pics for a pinsider in a bit. Anyone experimenting with different rubber configs in the turntable itself? I've found one of the 1.5" rubbers is getting pounded on the post between Batphone and Atomic Pile entrance ( table turns a bit slow to change setup). I've switched that config to smaller sized post rubbers...works great. Also, sizing on other rubber a bit tight she, as well, and started to wear prematurely ( think it was a 1 1/4", changed to an 1 1/2"... will confirm).

That area is going to get pounded as it becomes more relevant....just a heads up....mark

#2751 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding some authentic tv music. Felt compelled to do this in honor of Adam's passing. Stern really cut the length of the attract music in the latest code unfortunately. I'm sure this can be incorporated into other aspects of the game. This was my first go around on BM66
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Cool....dumb ( lazy) question which game setting to you have to load to enable attract mode music? Think it was mentioned earlier I think....but a quick point would be appreciated...thanks

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys that got to meet him at Expo was a great experience

Yep....got the picture. Think it's frame worthy now, on the wall next to the game...we all had no idea he was this close to the end ( I didn't anyway). This pin has now achieved grail ( not just nostalgia) value to me. Won't be leaving until I leave the hobby at some point, and sell them all.....

#2756 6 years ago

Game adjustment #139

Thanks!!!

#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will be a major disappointment if they don't.

Big time.....boxes definitely looked to big for just the beacon....

#2782 6 years ago

I think those are probably toppers for premiums....even though it states " batsignal", doesn't necessarily mean there's a beacon on it....we will see....

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The rumored Premium topper is totally different though since the Premium does not have the boards in the back box to drive the topper like the S/LEs do.

Yep....hope it looks cool for Premium owners.....I just want the beacon.....

#2786 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would require Stern to have someone on staff that understands basic marketing concepts.

I'll check w my distributor ( Mike w Automated) for any insight. He always shoots straight w me, and suspect he will know....

#2791 6 years ago

Im anxious to see the toppers for the premiums ( ones shown in the teaser, Id believe). George stated they would be different than the S/LE and offered at a later point.

Anything BM is cool, and hope this one rocks, as well..

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Although the current code is still early beta, its still super fun. I was not able to unbox mine straight away due to renovation work at my house and I kept reading all the hate mainly in other threads (BM66 lets be honest) and was really starting to worry about my 9.5k pin purchase, so recently decided to unbox it at a friends, also to check incase I had any mechanical issue and wow its awesome!
I actually unboxed it thinking its going to suck or I am not going to like it and regret purchasing it, but couldn't be happier, got an awesome double villain episode LE and my playfield plays as smooth as silk. No idea what all these people claiming its clunky or it has a tonne of bricked shots where playing, maybe I got lucky with an awesome playfield set up to perfection but it plays super fast and the theme integration is shaping up brilliantly.
Played alot of my first gamers on v0.65 then updated to the 0.75 with Bat-Turn which is a blast, love going for that mode and it adds a lot of purpose to the Batmobile spinner, if Lyman carries on improving the code like the Bat-Turn update did, this is going to be up there as one of my favourite Sterns and end up another Lyman masterpiece.

Congrats!!!....enjoy this amazing machine....still enjoying it a lot myself...

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I really liked that bat cave lock shot too until it stopped working. The ball now flies through and down the left orbit to the flippers (I feel like I should be awarded a "combo" like in TWD). I've experienced several problems with the turntable (batmobile falling off, stuck balls, etc.) . . . I'm going to look back through the thread to see what others have done to address the "common" problems so far. This may warrant a new topic in and of itself.

This is something I might start a thread on in upcoming days (can't get away from work long enough). I can say with confidence that there are other rubber, o ring combinations that work better in that mechanism than what the factory installs, calls for, eliminating gate hangups, stuck balls, etc.

I've had several challenges getting the sizing/ type right for both playability and longevity..all easy fixes if your comfortable taking the thing apart to change the rubbers.

Hope to find time for my hobby soon....posting is as far as I get most evenings lately.....mark

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's the right color spring for the game?

Original was blue ( too soft), orange is perfect, I put in purple ( what I had) and a bit strong, but controllable...

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

News/info of code may come tomorrow fingers crossed.

Interesting....code news = good news

#2858 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be the shortest gap between Gomez drops since February. Next Tue/Wed/Thurs the 27th-29th is more likely.

True, but wouldn't break my heart if it came early.....

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't let it fly off into oblivion.
rd

I've lost many small parts there....a terrible place

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Look forward to getting a batlight for my LE.

The beacon, the beacon!!! I literally posted on the FB page yesterday, asking for timeline. Calling Mike in the morning.

( think I'll ask about code update tonight......)

#2881 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a dist. who would carry this stuff? My dist. doesn't deal with accessories.

Mike at Automated....he gets all the stuff....good guy

#2884 6 years ago

I'll post tomorrow after I talk to him.....

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Loving the code so far. Classic Lyman code, and I love the slightly old school, slightly quirky layout. Even the turntable has really grown on me. It's a shame so many have already written this game off, but I guess that doesn't matter to those that already own it. Looking forward to the next update.

Completely agree. And after the initial whining, quite sure many are rethinking it. Doesn't really matter, as you state....LE's and SLE's were long gone early, and doubt many will change hands. Premiums will sell, especially when code is done....great machine...

#2892 6 years ago

I sent him an email and he got right back to me. (I like this guy already) He said as far as he knows Stern isn't doing accessories for BM66. Obviously they are. Once again this shows how poor Stern's communications are. They couldn't send a simple email to their distributors?

He is a good guy.....I sure he'll call them tomorrow for the scoop. He's well connected, and always follows through...

I generally just yap with him on the phone ( bought 3 games from him)....

#2895 6 years ago

I sent him an email and he got right back to me. (I like this guy already) He said as far as he knows Stern isn't doing accessories for BM66. Obviously they are. Once again this shows how poor Stern's communications are. They couldn't send a simple email to their distributors?

They only posted it 5 hours ago.....I'm sure dealers will hear in the morning....

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The premium topper looks cool but it would have been even cooler if the art wasn't a direct copy of the existing playfield art. Looks like its using the fluorescent acrylic stuff? Wonder if it will just randomly light up or will they try and light villains up as their mode starts.
Seems odd that the accessories are not being sold by Stern directly. I guess we'll have to call around to see what the actual price is. Wonder if the price will vary dealer to dealer. If you get a good price please post it here to let others know.

Suspect it will just light up via the acrylic, and be static in nature. We've gotten spoiled by some of the interactive ones out there, but generally the exception to the rule. Will still look cool, and I'm sure a fraction of the price that the unobtanium S/LE toppers cost, including the boards. Have a feeling that beacon is not going to be cheap, sadly....

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

Hard to believe.....

#2920 6 years ago

I'm lost....what Bat signal do you need to go with the topper?

Well, Mike obviously pointed to the site. Best I can tell, the base gets extra height so would allow clearance to hit various locations / walls/ ceilings , etc. .....both are compatible w Premium, LE, but the one with base also included SLE in compatibility, and looks more adjustable.

Plenty of room up there, and screw holes look suspiciously similar....I ordered the one w base, but also sent clarification question.

#2926 6 years ago

CLARITY ON THE BEACON DIFFERENCE:

Just heard from Chas:

"The projector with the base can only be used alone. With this kit, you don't need a topper".

Hence (I have a BM66LE) I've changed my order from a "SP49" to a "SP48". hope this helps.....mark

#2933 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

What dealer is selling the Beacon???

Straight from Stern site....

#2934 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for clearing that up. I took a chance and ordered the correct beacon. Just received ship notification.

Yep, they fixed my order and shipped today...I'll have it Friday....almost as fun as new code....

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks just seen it linked to the accessories thanks for pointing that out, its also GREAT to see Stern finally using their social media as it should be and responding to this rumour fast and with a picture too, bravo Stern

Please look at my post directly above it ( where they first showed the pic). I thanked them for releasing the beacon, as I had just inquired the day before.They simply answered my question for possible new code before the holidays w the pic. not responding to a rumor on Pinside.

Stern has been very responsive when I ask directly.

#2973 6 years ago

Clarity on beacon....got mine and installed on my LE today...took 10 minutes...Molex was there...interacts fine ( on during attract mode, only cycles w batphone during gameplay...very neat). I believe the other, full size base, would work as a stand alone on a premium, or possibly fit behind the premium topper) dont know, as I dont have that one. Not sure how it would interact...they mention turning the batsignal "on" in the settings..that might have it interact the same way.

#2975 6 years ago

Is your Molex from your topper keyed? The connection from the PRE topper is rectangular and won't fit. Also the PRE topper does absolutely nothing during gameplay or attract mode. It just sits there static. Pretty sure this thing is going back. The damn thing could at least blink for $400!!

Yep...keyed, and fits the female molex already in the topper...4 wire....did you find anything in the game settings menu...I didnt dig, as it plugged and played

#2978 6 years ago

There's nothing in the menu about turning the Bat signal on. I went through both SPI and Game settings. I don't know what they're talking about.

Man, sorry to hear this...definitely call Chas and sort....

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Any chance you can do us a batvideo of the LE topper in action MK6PIN

Not a lot to show.....here's the way I have it set now....beacon stays on in attract mode, turns off at the beginning of each game, then cycles on when Batphone triggered....very cool, as it catches your eye when "calling" BM...

( It REALLY looks good firing on a side wall, btw...just can't do it w current lineup...thinking about rearranging and swapping w IMVE, on the end of the row, so I can fire at the right wall)

IMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPG

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Very Nice!!!!
Did you got the SP 49 or SP 48? What are the differences please if you know?
Regards and again....it looks absolutely very nice man!

The SP48 is plug and play for LE's only ( that's what I have)....the SP49 is designed for premiums, as it goes the full length of the backbox....think it might fit behind the topper for the premium, but not sure, as I don't have one.

Thanks!!! I think it really " finishes" the Batphone effect...catches your eye nicely, and a subtle enhancement to an already beautiful machine....

#3002 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is my one concern. How far is it from being a good game. My games are in Florida and I spend most of my time in Baltimore. i wanted one game for my place in Baltimore so I can play a little pinball. I was going to get AS but really like the looks of BM66 and love the LE with the topper. I did enjoy playing AS.

BM66 is great fun NOW, w .75.....logic based on FB response last week is another code drop coming next week. Buy the one you like and enjoy...it's all that really matters..

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Thanks for doing this, very cool. Looks like it's a must have for me

It's a very nice add...I would recommend it for all LE owners, for sure....sort of " finishes" an already great topper, and further brings the theme right to you while you play.....game is a blast....

#3009 6 years ago

If it's any consolation, I think the pre topper looks pretty cool, and if the beacon at least turns on and off w the Batphone, you've got a win....

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club today - In the end I bought the BM66 over Aerosmith. Now I have to figure out how to update the SW from 6.5 to 7.5?

Congrats!!!....super fun pin, and only getting better....rotordave correct....updates are easy, and instruction sheet should be on the inside of your backbox..... .75 is a great update, and suspect another drops very soon!!! Enjoy!!!

#3018 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Do you think this game will ever have audio cues during gameplay like SM does? I fear it will just be lounge music, instead of voice callouts like other superhero games have. Ie. "Get a move on". "Web slinger is back!" "Do it again! (Combo)".
The silence while playing is deafening, even after the last 2 updates.

Suspect there will be substantial callout adds with later releases...

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doeas the batsignal have a focus adjustment on it so you can get a crisp sharp image regardless of your projection distance?

Sorry, just got on here.....yes, actually has an optical lens that can be focused properly by sliding the tube assembly.

My ceiling is low (8'), so image is oblong, but focuses nicely ( sharp bat lines, sort border edges, but remember it's only a $200.00 projector...perfect for application imho). I've moved the image around to get proper border shape...focuses fine, but my lineup doesn't allow me to put it where I'd really like it...on the side wall. Looks great, however. For those with tall ( 10') ceilings, you'll have more aiming options. Very nice effect to enhance the Batphone.

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So for those that have the game controlled mini bat-signal in the back right corner of the playfield, does the topper projector come on/off the same time that one does?

Absolutely negative!!!

Topper beacon on full time in attract mode ( mini ones interact w different settings)

Topper beacon goes out immediately at the beginning of a game, and ONLY comes on with Batphone. Mini and backboard come on at different times....

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't before, but mostly does now.

Nope

#3070 6 years ago

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.
-If you have the PRE topper already installed without the beacon you'll need to disconnect and remove it.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it.
-Next you need to remove the beacon, box, both boards and wiring from the base its mounted to. Set this base aside. You don't
need it.
-Transfer and install these parts to the base of the topper including all nuts and standoffs. Make sure to feed wires through hole. Also makes sure the cutout in the box is facing the front of the backbox. You don't want to pinch any wires.
-Secure the beacon with the 2 nuts you removed in step 2.
-Secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.
-Connect topper to CN6 on the power distribution board.
-Connect RJ45 of the beacon to CN12 of the CPU.
-Plug the power connector with the gray and black wires to CN7 of the power distribution board.
-Dress the wires with existing clamps.
You don't need the base the beacon comes with but you need the connections. Beacon has focus adjustment. Still have no clue where the supposed option to turn the Bat signal on in the menu is. Signal is static during attract mode. Turns off at gameplay start and only lights static when the Bat phone is flashing. I'm going to contact Chas tomorrow and ask about the menu option. Also tell him that they NEED to include instructions for mounting the beacon to the new PRE topper. They can't really expect a first time owner to figure this out.

Wow...good job!!!.....glad it fits...how does it look w the pre topper? A pic would be cool....

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope what? Before it wasn't synced to the batsignal in the back at all, and only was on in attract mode. It DOES come on during the game, but nowhere near as much as it should.

"Nope" in reference to Docs question regarding if it comes on at the same time as the mini beacon. Topper unit cycles w Batphone...

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was wondering if they were using the same signal line to activate the big beacon and the smaller on. Sounds like they are independent of one another.
I saw this bat signal that comes out next week. It looks like its about the same size at about 5 inches tall and projects up to 20 ft away. You would need to chage the lens to the tv style and it doesnt appear to have a focus adjustment buts its 1/8 the price of the Stern version.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/batman-running-press/1125366440?ean=9780762462162

I think in this case youll have a hard time making that one work. The focusing optic is crucial for focus, and minimal room to pivot assembly. The beam is also quite beacon like w soft projected borders....good luck, however...anxious to see how it turns out...

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

wont see it tomorrow. They no longer do code on fridays.
Depressing, new record. And not a record any of us are glad for.
Anyone hear anything on it? Talk to George recently at all?

Why don't they do code on Friday? Just curious....seems like a great time to release it...before the weekend

#3107 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Its a matter of support. Personnel to get it uploaded to the site (scheduled) and having staff around to deal with any unforeseen issues. Emergency code fixes etc with weekend would be a problem.
That's what George said a couple months ago at least.

Guess that's reasonable...I'll hope they're unreasonable for once....

#3120 6 years ago

That looks great!!! I think the beacon looks better when you can blow up the image like that....gotta rearrange my lineup!!!

#3132 6 years ago

After seeing RebelGuitars pics I was motivated to shoot my Batsignal on the side wall. Much bigger and better looking.

Absolute truth.....it really looks great " blown up" imho...been scratching my head for a week on how to rearrange things...

#3152 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

First,there will be no B66pro models.Question;has anyone tried to put a cloud effect over the Bat Beacon? I tried with that holloween web stuff! Got the right cloud formation over the signal,but couldn't focus on it! Just a black blurr!Tried cotton,same problem! A picture of clouds maybe??

You are correct. They stated which models available, and that's it.....

I've also toyed w the idea of the cloud effect for the beacon....sadly, the only thing that seems to make sense is if you determine 100% where the beacon will shine, you could paint a cloud effect on that area of ceiling/ wall for it to project onto....if I could only paint clouds....

#3162 6 years ago

I hear it if you don't answer the Bat phone before the timer runs out.

Correct, but only after you've progressed to a certain level ( can't remember how far you have to get). I've been focusing on my notes for Matt on the ramp last few batvisits, so will have to pay attention next time....the game is too fun...next code drop should be pretty great, I think....

#3163 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lyman is supposed to be at a show this weekend isn't he? Pintastic?!?
Last time there was a show Lyman/Stern dropped code either right before or during the show I cannot honestly remember exactly but pretty sure it dropped either just before the last big show over your side of the pond.

Right before...I like how you think....

#3199 6 years ago

I'm being optimistic for code drop tomorrow.....no inside info....any takers?

#3242 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I have to agree on that about the code. If you consider the last GB code was the same week of .65 then both Dwight (and incidentally I'm the chump that asked Dwight when the GB code would be finished at the start of the Star Wars deadflip video LOL) and Lyman have been working on it roughly the same amount of time. We need a big release this week!

Yep...it's time for sure...

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

that bat beacon looks like a 5.00 toy
so many better ways to make a beacon
just poor design and just another big ol money grab for stern
they wont throw you guys a bone i mean really ??!!!

Not exactly true.....focusing optical lens ( glass) and a pretty tidy assembly inside..the silicone ring around the edge " softens" the whole effect....quite nice, actually. Is it worth $200? of course not. But comparatively to the pin, a very nice finishing touch.....

#3247 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am one of the suckers that bought the horrendous gb topper
believe me i have been there!

I hear ya!!! I didn't do the GB pin, but the price on some of this stuff is definitely getting out of control...the beacon does it for me, as it's an eye catcher when it triggers w Batphone.

Sort of look around my game room sometimes, and feel queasy at the amount of cash I've dropped in here....compared to a semi loaded Tahoe for $70k, not so bad though...talk about cash grabs...knowing you're losing your ass as soon as you leave the lot. I've never got that one. Guess the cabbage has to go somewhere......

#3250 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and the sales were crappy because of the alpha code.

Ive never got this concept, as SLE's and LE's were sold out instantly. This can only apply to premiums, I guess.

I want finished code as bad as the next guy, but still enjoy playing it as is for now. Code will come...I'll take an " unfinished, pre Alpha, whatever" BM over many, many " finished" titles....is what it is....zero regrets here

#3283 6 years ago

Alright.....how did a Star Wars Pro get a code update if was supposedly much further ahead than BM66? REALLY wanting an update tomorrow!!!

#3308 6 years ago

Kinda bummed about slow code, but machine is a keeper for me, so not really sweating it. I know it will get done...and after this long ( or longer) suspect a substantial update. I still enjoy playing it, and that's all that really matters....

#3309 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

All that said, I am sure the code at some point will make Batman 66 a winner. For me, it is a wonderful theme with great potential.

Ditto

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Played some BM66 yesterday. Loved it. Very solid game that will only improve with more code. Fantastic LCD integration.

I gotta say I agree 100% here....maybe I'm not a pinball wizard, but the game is still quite enjoyable w .75 code. This machine has a much different feel on the LCD integration..one that doesn't get old for me. I seem to hear a new riddler phrase or scene every time I play it. I'm simply not good enough to beat it every time I play it....that's ok for me.

I know it will get completed, I know it will get deeper, I know it will be even more fun....but " as is" still quite fun, and virtually EVERYONE that visits my house is fascinated by the damn thing. It's a beautiful pin, and will having staying power long, long after the band themes have run their course.

( it is Jager night, btw, so life is good period right now...play some pinball!!!)

#3373 6 years ago

All I can say....oldest daughter with husband came by last weekend ( 30 years old).....college daughter ( 20 years old) here all day today with fiancé .....they ONLY played BM66 ( a lot) the entire time while gaming, out of all my pins. I think people underestimate the appeal of this title....

#3393 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

All newbs that have entered my gameroom since Jan have all gravitated to BM66. They think it's pretty and they like the screen.

And they are right....a lot of us " oldbies" still play it, as well. Very stoked for new code, but game is far from boring as is....

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yep, I would like to update for group pinball night............fingers crossed.

Me too!!!....have some friends coming by on Sunday, and a nice piece of PDI showing tomorrow. Would be nice to clean, wax, install new code, and glass before then...

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

MK66PIN,you don't have PDI glass on yet??

I know....a slacker, I've been.....the world will be right this weekend!!!

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Only if you have your new ramp, PDI glass and release level code ...

How right you are!!!! (going to bump Matt)......

#3470 6 years ago

Well...no new code and no new ramp yet...but PDI rocks on this machine ( glass on in these pics)!!!...really like the purple underglow, and shiney batmobile ( kind of liked the blue windshield, so left it), a good BM66LE night....

IMG_1685 (resized).JPGIMG_1685 (resized).JPG
IMG_1687 (resized).JPGIMG_1687 (resized).JPG
IMG_1689 (resized).JPGIMG_1689 (resized).JPG

#3472 6 years ago

Looks sharp MK! I think you have a bad bulb on your back panel?

Nah...just a bad angle on that pic....I take crappy photos....

IMG_1690 (resized).JPGIMG_1690 (resized).JPG

#3475 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What are you using for the purple under glow ?

Went with Mezel on this one. Pure purple, and a nice tidy mounting setup ( in aluminum channel that uses (2x) brackets w 2 small screws to hold it secure). Turned out great

I did (4x) 2' sections, 2 under, 2 on the back.

I always install a dedicated 40amp, 12v power supply in all my machines to handle my led fix ( underglow, shooter rod, buttons, etc. ) distributed with the DK board. Gives me peace of mind that Im not taxing the main games PS.

#3478 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wow 40 amps! You can do a lot of mods with that. Are you using the service outlet to power that supply? Do you have a relay in line with that so the external mod power supply is only on when the game is turned on? This is what I've been looking at to add so my external supply is only active when the game is on.
http://www.digital-loggers.com/iot.html

40 amps at 12v dc, nothing scary. Typical switching power supply from a PC gives you a bunch of options ( I grab 40amps @12v, and 60amps@5v for pinball use). These are very cheap ( free when you upgrade to a new desktop.. ), and provide nice stable power for all the mods ( those long led strips really draw juice). That's what I use, and put one in everyone of my machines at the start, to avoid surprises.

There have been threads on here on how to wire the power supply. I've been fine just feeding the Aux Supply from the switch on the machine ( load side), this way it cycles with machine power up. It also runs through the main, 8amp / 120v fuse circuit ( w MOV), so I have peace of mind. I hardwire it all, w feeder going to the DK distro ( sometimes 2). Nice and clean, and zero problems...

I've modded the crap out of some of my machines ( TRONLE, and IMVE were my biggest power sucks, TZ a close contender) with plenty of headroom doing it like this. My IMVE has UV underglow, interactive backbox, EL everywhere, some custom flasher strips, and the game's power supply couldn't handle it ( would sag).

You could easily access the switch to energize the aux power supply, and feed it with its own Edison plug straight to the wall outlet, but that's 2 power cords...I've never needed it ( yet).....

#3479 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What PSU are you using?

Here's a link showing how to convert:

http://makezine.com/projects/computer-power-supply-to-bench-power-supply-adapter/

I just use whatever one is available from a workstation that is legacy product( desktop towers get antiquated fast...I always have my guys pull the power supply before the unit goes to disposal).

#3481 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Custom hinges and Batsignal installed along with some Mezel mods. The kicker and VUK lighting mod is terrific.
Not sure what I'm going to be able to do with the Batsignal once the machine is back in place. There may not be enough clearance to get to the ceiling with the soffit in the way.

Very nice!!!....really like the hinges and scoop light.....

#3486 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Stern featured my game room on their Facebook page a while back. It's my Star Trek Holodeck.
The set pieces are from Star Trek: Enterprise. Karl Urban autographed his pic next to my ST:LE "Damn it Jim - Just play pinball and talked to me for about 10 minutes about my collection and pinball in general with about 100 people in line wondering what the hell we were talking about.

That is amazing!!!

#3489 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What is the correct color plunger spring should I put in the game?

Orange...

#3492 6 years ago

I can't remember did BM66 originally come with a blue one?

Yes.....weak as crap...not even strong enough to be accurate on soft skill shot, much less make consistent plunges to the inlanes....

#3496 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I may be in the minority of Batman 66 owners, but I'm not worried. There are very few "dream themes" for me. This is one. It is a beautiful, fun game. For a fan of the series, this game has so much potential.
There are some folks working on some great mods and those will certainly generate discussion here (MK6PIN's replacement ramp should be flat out AWESOME). Stay tuned Batfans! This forum will never have the traffic of a Star Wars forum, but so what. I feel bad for them anyway -- on theme integration alone we got the better game

You are spot on with several points:

BM66 was a " boutique " theme to start with. Never meant to sell gazillions of pros to flood the market. You are not in the minority in regards to actual owners of the game ( I love the thing)...there just aren't that many out there, period. And most of those were already sold shortly after announcement.

I think it's great that people are enthusiastic about this title ( and Batman, in general)....some of the stories shared here are priceless. The passion for BM is genuine.

And for those of us that share the passion and desire to make the machine even better w enhancements only makes the thread better. Most of the "true" Club threads on here ( TRON, TSPP, TZ, MET, WCS, etc.) are driven by people sharing thoughts, ideas on how to improve, repair, and maintain/ restore these great machines. BM66 is a great Club thread for any and all things related, and will only get better as the code/ machine matures.

Plenty of other threads to bash the price, code, quality, character( income) of the owner, theme, etc. ( on this and any other pin for that matter)

BM66 spoken here..

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

My first goal was to double the bat phone, then 3x it (which is how I got 200M plus). Next, I want to 4x it. That might get it to almost a billion on Bat phone alone.
Oddly enough, I actually bricked a shot and the bat cave targets locked in 3x at the turntable without answering the phone. This allowed me to jack up the bat phone a few more times before cashing in at 3x.

Bravo!!!! that is where my fun currently lies..(that and spinning the crap out of the Batmobile...love that mode!!!)

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

MK, where did you get your PDI glass? Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

Joey at PDI ( Pinball Decals) is the only distributor in the US. For me, it's definitely worth it ( have it on all my machines)...truly brings out the playfield colors and gives a " glass off" look w transparency. Best version of this type of glass out there ( imho). There are several threads on here that debate this topic....you may want to read a couple before pulling the trigger. BM66LE particularly benefits, as it's got great colors on the pf.

Congrats on the new LE!!! Make sure to read the first few pages of this thread, tighten everything down accordingly, and drop in .75 code.....enjoy!!!

#3527 6 years ago

You can adjust it to play in 1 minute intervals. Music only plays for about 30 sec each time. Or set it to play once every 2 min or 3 min etc. Its really just personal preference.

yep...think mine is around 6 or 7 right now....some interesting (sometimes amusing) vocal tracks....

#3533 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not easily, the plug is under the base. I did tinker with the idea of installing a switch on the base....it would be very easy to do. The thing is on all of the time in attract mode, and I am not sure I like that.

I've thought the same thing....despite some QC issues, it's a very cool toy, and dread sourcing that bulb. The entire assembly is much more thought out than a $5 mod.

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I asked Cliffy about this but never got a response. Would have to be re-designed or slightly bent to sit flush. And do you just glue it on or rivet it? Would be a great upgrade though.

Or better yet...powdercoat the design red sparkle that will match a future left ramp..and make the " Bat Gadget Selector" sticker out of very thin, engraving stock that would just stick on....

#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.
/start of email
Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.
In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.
Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.
We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.
Thank you for your patience.
GG
/end of email
So they are on to it and it will get done. I personally prefer them to do it right rather than do it quickly.

couldn't be better stated!!!! This IS a legacy game, period!!!!

#3559 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I will gladly take the title, and you will thank me later............lol

Im thanking you now!!!

#3593 6 years ago

Mines up,down,up,down, left to right

#3595 6 years ago

I just physically looked, but can go in the menu to see...

#3603 6 years ago

So here's mine.....works fine....weird shit....

IMG_1691 (resized).JPGIMG_1691 (resized).JPG

IMG_1692 (resized).JPGIMG_1692 (resized).JPG

#3606 6 years ago

And those little boards that came w the topper don't have DIP switches...

#3610 6 years ago

Did you change the dip switch config to match mine?....that's how they ID each other...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 210.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
880 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.