PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

289 posts in this topic match your search for posts by taz. You are on page 1 of 2.
#212 7 years ago

I expect to receive my LE tomorrow. No code today, I guess.

#262 7 years ago

BM66 LE #91 in the house tonight (Tampa, FL). It's the "Bat Drone" gadget game. I love it so far. My only initial complaint after just a couple of games is the turntable mechanism turns far too slow. Otherwise, it doesn't seem even remotely like the TDK game from what I recall playing it in the past. Game art, colors, sounds, music, and theme immersion are all awesome. Oh yeah, Batgirl art is on the back box sides....sorry Premium folks. I haven't a clue what I'm doing when I play yet, so maybe I'll have more feedback at some point in the future. I do like the longer shots in this game so far, I just need more patience to slow down and make them (once I know what shot to make). 500 million high so far after 3 games, but I suck as a player, so that's probably not very much. It's easier than Ghostbuster, particularly in the outlane department.

BM66 LE # 91, Bat Drone (resized).JPGBM66 LE # 91, Bat Drone (resized).JPG

BM66 LE #91 Front View (resized).JPGBM66 LE #91 Front View (resized).JPG

BM66 LE #91 in the House (resized).JPGBM66 LE #91 in the House (resized).JPG

BM66 LE Batcard Into the Batmobile (resized).JPGBM66 LE Batcard Into the Batmobile (resized).JPG

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow.proud SLE owners!! Just talked to my Distro,my LE will be WEEKS before I get mine,so,count yourselves in the lucky first bunch! Last deal I do with those guys

My distributor has received all of his LEs already and I think the LEs are complete, or nearly. Per the Aerosmith thread, Stern is cutting to Aerosmith Pros mid-month. Recommend some distributor interrogation to out why yours can't deliver for so long.

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I know how you feel. I pre paid for my Pre in October and still don't have mine.

The Aerosmith thread posted a GS note to distros explaining Aerosmith pros hit the line in mid-January. BM premiums were listed later, but I don't remember when.

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

What is latest code?

Mine is .59

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep, i'm interested to know as well. Any info on mounting the SLE toys would be great, i.e. batcopter, batboat, batbike.

Me three!

#344 7 years ago

SLE or LE?

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Anyone getting this screen during some of the boot up processes?

Not on my BM66. Last time I saw that was when I updated my code on GoT.

#400 7 years ago

I still love my BM66, but Stern's assembly process left a lot of hardware ready to fall out onto my playfield. See attached photo of what I've collected off my playfield over the last 4 days. I saw in an earlier post in either this or another BM66 thread to check the ramp bounce out covers for proper mounting. I found the clear cat mount completely loose on the right ramp. It's not mounted at all on one side, though it looks like it is (rod there but unattached), and the other screw and washer had come out during play. Now if I could only figure out where the other screw, washer, and nut go. By the way, I found that first screw wedged in between the rotating mechanism and the playfield. Fortunately, it hadn't done any damage.....but it would have eventually. All that said, so far I haven't noticed any problems with playfield ghosting or excessive dimples. I'm also not getting an over abundance of air balls, though I did get one trapped behind the crane cab at some point, as others have mentioned. This game does have a lot of side to side bounce between the various standups and slingshots. It can take an entire Bat Phone ringing sequence just to get control of the ball.

Washer Fallen From Cat Mount (resized).JPGWasher Fallen From Cat Mount (resized).JPG

Loose Playfield H-W (resized).JPGLoose Playfield H-W (resized).JPG

#401 7 years ago

Here's a picture of that right ramp cat mount plastic and the side that looks like it was mounted to the playfield tightly inside the bend of the ramp, but it really wasn't. There's a double female rod attached to the plastic, but it's not attached to the hole you see there inside the bend of the ramp. That's probably where the second loose screw and washer that I found on the playfield should go. I hope so anyway. I'm guessing lunch break might have happened while they were assembling that right ramp on my game.

#411 7 years ago

Thanks for the update MT. I'll check and see if that's where my extra screw and washer go. Maybe a lunch break occurred while they were working on my right ramp, timed with others working on your spinning Bat Mobile.

#412 7 years ago

Okay, I've put most of the puzzle together, though my investigation is still incomplete. In previous posts, #400 and #401 I explained that I'd found a handful of hardware rolling around my playfield, including two screws, two washers, and one nut. Thanks to MT45's excellent post, I've found the two sources of most of that hardware, minus the nut. Half was from the cat mount above the right ramp. There was also a second missing screw I needed there that I've not found yet, but I had extras on hand to fix. I guess I'll find it later or maybe they just never installed it. The self tapping screw went to the spinning Bat Mobile as MT45 explained, but in my case it was stripped. So I followed his glue instructions and picked up a slightly larger screw to fix that. The screw that dropped out of the spinning Bat Mobile was the one I found wedged between my playfield and the large rotating mechanism. So, keep an eye there, because that could cause some damage if it's not found quickly. Now, I'm left wondering where the missing screw is that went under the right ramp to hold down a piece that went to the cat mount and trying to figure out where to put the nut. Various pictures of the ordeal are attached below.

Fixed Batmobile (resized).JPGFixed Batmobile (resized).JPG

Almost Same-Same as Walmart Toy (resized).JPGAlmost Same-Same as Walmart Toy (resized).JPG

Fixed Right Ramp Cat Mount (resized).JPGFixed Right Ramp Cat Mount (resized).JPG

Missing Batmobile Screw (resized).JPGMissing Batmobile Screw (resized).JPG

X Better Now (resized).JPGX Better Now (resized).JPG

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

lol That last pic made me think I was in The Big Lebowski Thread for a moment...

Yeah, thanks! I had to knock back some whiskey while the glue dried. I think everyone is going to have trouble losing screws out of the bottom of that little Bat Mobile, either sooner or later. I had one fall out and the other wasn't far behind. I suggest all BM66 owners go ahead and take it apart and glue their screws in before they fall out. An ounce of prevention kind of thing.....to be completed with an ounce of one's favorite toddy.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whisky.....a very effective fix all. I use it quite regularly when dealing with such issues....

Yeah whiskey is up there with duct tape and E6000. I also have some clear silicone I'm using to mount a truckload of Hotwheels toys. I'll send pictures of those in a few days.

#498 7 years ago

My LE topper arrived today. It's an easy install, but there's an astonishing number of wires to connect; seems like the topper harness could bring in signals from a large chunk of the pinball machine. I can't believe it takes all of those wires to run the few lights and SLE bat projector, so I'm hoping that there's a lot more interaction coming in the future than merely some attract lighting.

Two questions for my fellow bat fiends: (1) Does anyone know what the connectors in the picture below for? Did I miss a part of the instructions? (2) Has anyone hooked up a Polk subwoofer to BM66 yet? I'm wondering if it's the usual two wires directly to the woofer connection like on the old SAM games. I need more bass for my jazz.

Topper on LE 91 (resized).JPGTopper on LE 91 (resized).JPG

What R These For (resized).JPGWhat R These For (resized).JPG

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

you should install them like the instructions illustrate.

Holy iron chokes Batman, I must have missed that part of the instructions. Thanks!

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

Installed the topper on SLE. Notes say to turn Batsignal on in Diagnostic menu yet it is nowhere to be found. Sorry if anyone else has already posted this.

Well, from an LE perspective, mine worked right after connecting it. I haven't seen anything the menu, nor in my topper instructions, though LEs don't have the bat signal. I did count the topper wires out of curiosity. The five plugs from the topper include about 39 wires that connect to the game.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

i havent seen pics of any "sub-villains" on the LED screen on my LE.....
Is that a difference in coding between SLE and LE???

They're only partially implemented so far. If you hit Riddler's saucer during an active mode you'll sometimes get a pop up screen where you can choose from among the sub villains. After you select one, nothing appears to happen. I did notice that in code .65, the sub villain's music kicks in and plays over your main villain's usual music after you super jackpot them and graphics of their capture show on the screen. So, it's still a work in progress, and something cool to look forward to.

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

After closer inspection I saw a screw in the bottom if the scoop. Ive combed over the entire playfield but cant figure out where the heck that screw came from.

I know the feeling. I found a small handful of hardware on my playfield. Check the plastics at the top of the ramps holding the cats. Also, the bottom of the Bat Mobile on the spinner, that's what the screw looks most like to me.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What does the screw look like? Just put Titan rubbers everywhere, and there are some hidden spots, for sure ( mines actually was missing a screw under the tall right ramp post, 2 layers down). I might be able to help in your quest....

If I understand you correctly, same here. I had to add my own from my spares. It was a pain in the butt to install blindly due to the position. I doubt anyone gets that screw installed from Stern because the post will sit there fairly well as long as the screw on the other side remains tightly in place. Mind did not...

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is probably going to be a problem on everyone's machine

Yep, seems to be heading to a huge percentage of fail on this one. I suspect there's not much for the screw to bite into inside the Bat Mobile. Eventually, someone is going to get serious damage to their playfield from one of those screws being wedged between the rotating mechanism and their playfield. That's where I found mine, but thankfully, I didn't see any damage to my playfield. Glue is probably the only alternative in this case. Stern gets an 'F' on this one, but fortunately it's an easy fix. I like your idea to add spotlights to the playfield. They should have come from the factory.

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll bet it's the one that goes under the right ramp post, right in front of the pops...very tough spot to get to

That would have been my thought as well. If not that, it could just be one that fell during assembly but was never fished out. I similarly found a small nut but never figured out where it went. They really threw these games together in a hurry.

#619 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Had the glass off today, game powered on to check some of the new code things out....noticed the slings were crazy strong, along with flippers....might see if there's a setting to back those down a bit. I like a fast game, but the slingshots were bordering on the same power as flipper shots at some angles...whew!!!

I agree. I've missed a few Bat Phone calls trying to get control of the ball while the slings were killing it. On a positive note, the gadget stand ups are completed quickly. Please let us know what you find.

#633 7 years ago

Has anyone sourced a set of playfield spotlights/leds to brighten up the playfield, or thought through their placement yet?

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm really starting to dig this machine!!!....when Lyman is done, it's going to be deadly...

Those clear rubbers are lovely. I also like the flipper rubber color. Nice job!

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

Why would anyone flame you? You were able to buy BM66 and Dialed In. Congrats, I'm jealous.

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No apologies needed, I will say...ALL machines have issues, including NIB. You'll find horror stories everywhere. I generally don't post negativity ( especially in club threads), but can say I'd prefer tightening screws on a theme/ machine that I want, as opposed to some of the other problems I've seen on other machines ( much, much, much more serious).
Hope you find what you want....Dialed in will NEVER be in my lineup, based strictly on theme, even if it was playing itself out of the box. Last I bring up that theme in this thread.

Same here. I'm disappointed about the loose hardware and Bat Mobile parts coming loose, but I have learned a lot about my game as a result of it. So while it's a pain in the butt, it's forced me to spend sometime snooping around on the playfield. Actually I'm more angry about the lack of spotlights on the lower playfield. Cheap asses....

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Pinballbulbs.com was one of the first to have a nice dual spotlight kit (along with their TROW lighting setup... if you don't want to assemble, solder and wire it yourself then this kit is one of the best.

Thanks, these are perfect for my needs. There's not much opportunity to install these down playfield beyond the slings, so double is probably the answer.

#702 7 years ago

Wow, those pictures look bad! After seeing those dimples I just did a glass off, close up survey of my playfield. While I have a few small dimples on the magnet, the playfield looks good like what would be normal dimpling compared to my other games. Whew! My magnet isn't too active, but the slings on this game are powerful. I wonder what the common denominator is with the latest batch of playfields that aren't holding up well.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

This is my game. I have already posted these in the impressions thread. For those who say they aren't getting dimpling I am happy for you. I am not as fortunate.... Some clear chipping already as well.

Hey Texasff78, could you share some info with us for some analysis? LE #, date received, distributor, game location. Also, any manufacture dates or marks on the game/pkayfield? Maybe we can compare our games and find other games in the same batch, or some other common denominator.

#938 7 years ago

Here are some pictures of my mods to BM66 so far.

- PDI glass, of course
- 4 black spotlights added to the GI on top of the slings
- Batmobile and Batcycle near the flippers (temporary until some innovative Pinsider comes up with a better idea)
- Spotlight in the back right, currently wired to the GI as well
- Bust to access batpoles on top of a bumper cap (again until someone comes up with a better idea)
- Batcopter above the left ramp

There's less room for mods than I expected. The only obvious open spots that seem to remain are by the right ramp cat and the far left, back corner, perhaps. The bust should have been by the phone, but there's just not enough room there to add it. I wonder if it might be worth the extra work to mount little bat spotlights all over to enhance the GI instead of the usual silver/black pin spotlights we're used to? I'll throw that idea out there and hope one of our Pinsider modders come up with something like that, though it'll cost a bit to buy a bunch of bat signals. Anyway, some of these are place holders until I see a better idea.

Batcopter (resized).JPGBatcopter (resized).JPG

4 Spotlights Added (resized).JPG4 Spotlights Added (resized).JPG

Spotlight & Bust (resized).JPGSpotlight & Bust (resized).JPG

Batmobile & Batcycle (resized).JPGBatmobile & Batcycle (resized).JPG

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How did you mount the toys? I presume they are the Mattel versions and not the Eaglemoss ones?

Mine are all Mattel from Walmart. I even have a Penguin car, but really no place to mount it. I generally use a clear silicone glue to mount to the top of plastics. I've had no trouble removing it cleanly in times when I've decided to move toys somewhere else later. I connected the extra spot lights to the bottom of the bulb holder directly under the sling. It takes a bit of patience to cut through insulation around the bulb holder to get access for alligator clips to reach the connectors.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there!

Dang, we almost need to develop a specific owners PDI-like checklist for this game, thanks to Stern's abysmal QC. Your television mounting hardware might have come loose in transit after not being tightened at the factory and be elsewhere in the game, or maybe they just completely missed installing it. Many of us have found mounting gear loose in our games. Here are the usual places to look: (1) obviously check under the game within the cabinet; (2) check inside of the scoop; (3) look closely at the larger spinning mechanism to make sure nothing got wedged between it and the playfield; and (4) check the ball trough. Remove and reinstall the spinning Batmobile using glue and Loctite, as has been explained elsewhere in this thread. Check the tops of the ramps to make sure the plastic covers and cats are tightly installed. Make sure the magnet is flush with the playfield, there's been at least one of those badly installed. Install better quality balls than what comes with the game and a stronger ball plunger spring. There's also a left ramp tweak that might be helpful, also explained elsewhere in this thread. Finally, update the code and get going.

On a positive note, these issues are forcing us to become more familiar with our games at the get-go. That's helped me get a head start on modding mine out.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,so fu...d up right out of the box,and a p.s.,after only about a hundred plays,my GB/PRe.I waited 8 Mo.for,the slimer mech froze up! Not working!! My LAST Stern!!!!

Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you can resolve it quickly and with the least amount of pain. Gomez and Stern really blew an opportunity with this game to get past the previous problems. Clearly, there is zero QC at Stern at present.

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Stock item from Stern on SLE models so I'm not sure that the Ebay item is an exact match

Probably a good idea but the metal washers, the orange sling plastic protectors were all factory items. I switched the metal fender washers for some clears for appearance purposes.
When you say "too high" what impact does that have on gameplay or are you simply referring to the cosmetics? Easy enough to pull them for sure

I wonder if the extra height might provide a larger opening for ball penetration to your bulbs?

#1071 7 years ago

Here's a photo of an experiment I'm trying, dueling Batlights. I installed docquest's version in the back right corner hooked into the appropriate SLE plug. The one in the back left corner is hooked into the GI. Truth be told, there's not a lot of real estate for installing these. Anyone else thinking about going with more than one?

Dual Spotlights (resized).JPGDual Spotlights (resized).JPG

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone hooked up an external Polk subwoofer yet? How do you connect it?

I have, straight to the cabinet speaker. It adds a little kick. I've only played one game since, so I haven't really explored where it makes the most difference yet.

IMG_0085 (resized).JPGIMG_0085 (resized).JPG

#1120 7 years ago

I sure hope Batgirl gets some game play action. Also, Batman running around with the bomb would be perfect for a mini-wizard mode.

#1207 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a few question about gameplay
1,I thought I herd Gomez say the the batmobile spinner had some good ball bearings thus has better spinning than the cube on avengers but when I see bm66 gameplay the car never spins as fast as avengers mabey that is a good thing with the batmobile flying off on some games
2,I always liked the way Tdk pinball would shoot the ball back around the left orbit when you completed gadget,is that still true on bm66
Thanks

I think Gomez said that a magnet centers the Batmobile spinner. I don't know it's value in current game code, but it doesn't move very much compared to my TOTAN lamp. Maybe it'll be more valuable in the future.

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I haven't got my LE yet, but are the ramps purely allocated to Catwoman? do they have any other assets/uses assigned to them, or should I say in this early stage of the code is there any hint of that/impressions so far.

Mostly Catwoman, start and complete her mode. In Joker mode there's a roaming arrow to hit and it's in front of the ramps sometimes. Riddler lights them but I don't know their value to his mode, though possibly to help build Super Jackpot.

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You happen to know a part number for that wire? LEs and Premiums don't have it.
Is the black screw the one that comes on the Eaglemoss?

I was also considering the hanger trick. But I had some Christmas decorations staged in the garage for storage and a bunch of the lawn stakes used to anchor them to the ground and keep them upright were lying around. Some were too thick like tent pegs, but a few were perfect size. So I cannibalized one of them for my Batcopter wire mount. Worked perfectly for my needs.

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That's funny because 80 ppl just spent $15k on it, another 240 just spent ~$10k, and unknown amount of others are spending ~$7-8k on it. It's has thousands of posts of interest on this forum and who knows what other forums. But nobody wants to see it? ?

After going through the X-Men NIB debacle a few years back, I've found my BM66 tweaks to be minor by comparison. Granted, my primary game toy hasn't broken brackets yet. The loose screws and ramps are easy enough tinker tweaks. I seem to do similar things to most of my games. My playfield looks great so far on both of my recent games, so I don't really know what to think of the great Pinside playfield uproar. I love the BM66 theme for nostalgia reasons, so I expect the game to stay in my collection regardless of future code.

#1257 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just joined the club,used premium and the game has been play,I am the third owner and I don't have any ramp flings spinner or magnet ware or excessive dimpling,I am doing some mods and will post pictures latter this week but so far am loving it,needs code but that will come,I don't regret my purchase one bit and will hold tight for the Lyman to work his magic
I don't believe Stern will let there anniversary game fail because of Code.

Congratulations! You're the "third owner" of a BM66 Premium, already? Dang, I haven't had my LE but maybe 4 weeks thus far and I was in the early batch. Two previous owners in a couple of weeks? What was up, just impatience?

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

My lock shot bounces out 95% of the time; I'm planning to add some drop dead foam or similar.
1) Does anyone have a similar off the shelf product from the big box hardware stores.
2) Is anyone else having this problem? Right orbit into lock just ends up in the top lanes then pops. I've only started multiball once. ONCE.

I've not had that problem, though I sometimes forget to hit the shots outside of the Batcomputer to open the gate for locking a ball. Once open, I think it also closes if you approach it from the left orbit, or if the right orbit shot comes up short into the roll overs. I ran out of the real drop dead foam, so I tried the following 1/8" x 1" neoprene rubber with adhesive on one side and it seems to work for my needs thus far. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GYZKPYA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

#1275 7 years ago

Congrats Ice and welcome to the club! So what's your gadget/episode and the card? Good eye to find the location for that screw. I still can't find where a nut went on mine after owning the game for about a month. Just remember to check on that Batmobile mounting. If it's not loose now, it will be in the future. Then check out the cat mountings on the top of the ramps.

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On .61 was the bat mobile on the turn table coded? Never was able to get it there, just some non stop answer the phone.

As I recall, of the three positions of the rotisserie, it's: (1) The television at game start and when not in a mode, (2) The Batphone only presents itself for starting a mode, but then for a short time, and (3) The Batmobile spinner during modes. I can't remember for sure, but the television might be front during Joker or Penguin modes. Funny, how I can't remember that. Must be Joker Confusion spray or something confusing me.

#1312 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

.68 code live on stern page. go go go!

Everyone must have heard you cause it's downloading for me at the speed of snail.

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Found the turn table issue, a lose wire has wrapped around the mech stopping its progress. Now I have to figure out how to get at it!
Probably is the Cat 5 wire that needs to be replaced. F me!

Well, that sounds like an easier fix than having to replace the entire unit. Good luck with it and congrats on a great card.

#1388 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with a little inside knowledge or contact at Stern able to ask or find out if they are able to use Batman 66 Movie footage & assests?

I'll look again, but I thought the multi ball video clips might be from the movie. I think the villains are fighting inside of the Batcave. Of course, if I look up to verify, I'll probably drain my multi ball.

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there is movie footage Taz it's worth the risk of draining
If there is one clip from the movie it means they have movie assests which means we could get a shark repellent mode and bat bomb mode - those two additions would make This game a classic

I'm not sure if it's from the movie or not after playing the game again to check out the multiball videos. They are indeed of a fight in the Batcave. Joker, Penguin, and some gang members are there for the fight with Batman and Robin, partially above the Atomic Pile. The Penguin floated down from it using his umbrella. It didn't show the bad guys being reconstituted with water though, which is how Penguin sneaked his gang into the Batcave in the movie. Maybe someone who's up on the series might know if Joker and Penguin ever teamed up and fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave in one of the series episodes?

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That clip is from one pf the 3 part episodes. The first epispde of the 3 was called "Zodiac Crimes" which featured Joker and Penguin. It was marketed as a Batman Special celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the show.
In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume. The big fight scene with all 4 villains (well all 4 villains stunt doubles) at the end of the movies takes place on the top deck of Penguins submarine.

Well dang, so much for getting movie stuff into the game. Maybe they're saving that for the wizard mode(s).

#1514 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

"Fight Text" haha very nice. You've coined a solid explanatory term for the concept. I plan to use it from here on out! Bravo!

I second that!

#1577 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Playfield protector installed today. Unless you know where to look, you can't tell it's there. Nice job on it. Apparently much easier to put on when you take the crane off the top. I can't think of any downside to using it, especially on a home game. And it looks so much nicer than it photographs - adds a very nice glasslike sheen to the PF.
Handful of games and already had clear issues at the shooter lane and by Riddler saucer, so stopped playing until the protector showed up. First game after it was installed (first ball even!). the Batmobile comes flying down the playfield. Locktite/glue no help ... no chance this will screw back on. Going to have to get a replacement.
The BDK cliffy is a perfect fit for the Penguin scoop.

I used E6000 adhesive to attach the Batmobile to the disc. Then loctite on screws to mount the disc to the game.

2 weeks later
#1810 7 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Anyone know where this screw is from I found it in the bottom of the cabinet

Could be from several places, but it doesn't look like my Batmobile screws. Check the cat mounts at the top of the ramps, notably the right ramp. I found 5-6 loose pieces in mine and never was able to find where one screw went.

#1811 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thought I would drop this link in here, thread created by cooked71
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made
How many BM66 owners would be interested in an enclosed wireform to replace the cheap'o plastic cover?
Ideally a small top side only wireform could be made to make the beginning of the ramps complete/full wireforms, it would also be the most cost effective option, but if it had to be a complete replacement wireform would people still be interested at the added expense?
Reason I ask is since I decided to stay in on my BMLE its something I have already begun looking into and will certainly pursue for my own game, then I spotted cooked71 thread and realised I am obviously not the only one with this idea.

I would probably be in too, if it looked good and was fairly priced.

1 week later
#1929 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next week is a month since the last very minor update from .68 to .69, so I would hope so.

Yeah, the good will I gave them due to swapping release order with Aerosmith is running low. I checked and my LE pre-order of this game was August 31st, so I think many of us have been excited and waiting six months now. Hopefully, this next release will be signifucant, such as bringing the minor villains to life and giving us a little something new to do after capturing the big four.

1 week later
#2046 6 years ago

If you're having trouble loading the new code, double click on the folder to reveal two .spk files. Drag and drop them onto the thumb drive. One updates the BM66 code and the other updates Spike. That's probably why Lyman took so long on this update.

1 week later
#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from Slugburger:

Just in reference to the new 0.070 update does anyone have a strange callout after you hit the batphone target mine says ( I couldt ) instead of "I'll call him sir" WTF ?

If you don't answer the phone in the allotted time Alfred explains that Batman is away at the moment.

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I want to see those minor villains do SOMETHING besides making me push a button just to hear some cool music.
(never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become a code bitcher)

Same here. I'm giving Lyman 2-3 more updates, as long as they're fairly reasonable in time, to get something more going in this game than we've seen in the last 3 updates. The little wizard mode after capturing the big four villains of the last update bought more patience from me. I'm not going to drink the "this game is great" koolaid though, if we're deep into June and there's no significant updates to the game, this is going to start reminding me of my X-Men experience. I'm not blaming Lyman personally, but $10k - $15k deserves a little more expediency, regardless of manufacturer or coder.

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Ok, so honest question here. I have no idea how the software development is done for this game. However, I have a fair bit of experience in development, including running development for a software company. We tried to break products down into the smallest independent modules we could. Not only did this facilitate reuse, it also simplified testing and allowed multiple teams to work on components independently. (It's the old axiom "what one developer can code in one week, two can code in three") As a result, when we decided on a specific release package, large chunks of work could be excluded from the release. Maybe some aspect wasn't done, perhaps there were efficiency issues, maybe the test process couldn't be completed in time or, god forbid, maybe there were bugs. Added to this was the fact that a release would often include changes to some of the 'behind the curtain' code to enhance supportability, efficiency or lay the groundwork for some future capability. These often took a lot of time but were hidden from the users. As a result, it would be impossible for an outsider to conjecture on how much time was spent on development between two releases.
So now for my questions. Are the components structured in a similar manner? In other words, is work on callouts independent from video, independent from the this feature (say crane), independent from another feature (say turntable)? If so, is it possible that large amounts of time are being spent coding components that are not included in a given release? Is it also possible that some aspects are being reworked for efficiency, future needs, etc.?

I'm hopeful that there has been some behind the scenes work all along on the minor villains and that we'll see them in the next update or so and it'll jump up 10% or further along. Perhaps Lyman has been working and building on minor villains all along, but has had to keep it unimplemented in game play thus far due to Gomez insisting on smaller but faster updates than usual. It's probably something that has to be turned on all the way or not at all, without bugging up the game play. Anyway, that's my rationalization about why it seems to be taking longer than my backseat driving self thinks it should take.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program......it's Friday, where is yesterday's expected code drop?

#2229 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

4) Uh, no. You will never get that with Stern. This is actually a hilarious question for anyone that knows Stern.
5) Initial enjoyment 7. Once you realize you've done everything in the first few hours of learning it - 3.
6) I think Lyman can easily get this to a 7. Maybe an 8. Anything beyond will be hard because of the clunky playfield design.
7) Playability/flow - out of the box 6. with minor adjustments 7 (move bumper on left orbit).
callouts - when first released 1. callouts now (1-10) 3. What you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (1-10) 7.
9) Not super random or brutal.
10) Ball times are moderately long. Given the limited code, games go on too long.
11) Playfield clunkiness limits speed so this is not a fast game, and the penguin scoop drop-in has a LOT of randomness you can't control.

I mostly concur with Vireland, but with a slightly more optimistic view. Right now BM66 reminds me of when I first setup my TWDLE. It was a bit clunky and killed me with SDTM drains. I regretted buying it for months. Then, I finally tweaked the setup and Lyman delivered a final code that allowed for asymmetrical game play. It was amazing. Now there are multiple ways to attack the game and I can make a ball 3 strategy change from chasing Horde to going after Last Man Standing, for instance, if it looks more obtainable. It really feels like a different game now.

I'm hopeful that we'll see this same thing happen with BM66. At least it doesn't have SDTM drain problems or a bash toy in your face. So, for your number 6, I'll add a higher potential upside in my opinion, once gadgets and minor villains are added. It really is a longer ball time game and really isn't that brutal.

Give it a few more code updates at least until gadgets and minor villains are activated and then put some time on one. I think the minor villains and gadgets implementation will point towards the final landing point on this game.

I'm also really curious how gadgets will be used. Probably like walker bombs, I'd guess. Still, I'd love it if we could collect enough gadgets to build a Bat belt which ended in a mini wizard to use them, or something like that. Or maybe certain configurations of gadgets could trigger different villains for that mini wizard fight. That would remind me of TWD and add a different way to play the game. Even BM Forever lets players pick their gadgets from a list, though it doesn't really mean anything in game play. So, I think we're a long ways from a final verdict on this game, despite all the various hate threads that have appeared.

1 week later
#2267 6 years ago

At this point it has to be either more gadgets or some minor villain work right? Aside from scoring tweaks and some other bug fixes, is there anything else to do?
Major Stuff Left:
Minor Villains
Final Wiz Mode (Batusi)
More Gadgets
Minor Villain Wiz Mode?

Better be some damn Batgirl in there soon too! She's featured on my LE's translight, head sides, and a playfield plastic. That's at least as much as the dynamic duo.

1 week later
#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Has anyone had trouble downloading the latest update? I have tried 5 times to download the update and it always stops at 98% and it says that the download was interupted.

A long time ago I had that problem downloading some SAM game code. I turned off my computer and tried the next day and it finally downloaded okay.

4 weeks later
#2570 6 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm! I didn't expect code today, figuring it would be a few more weeks and minor villains would arrive with it. Big read me with .75, though it seems like more polish than substance. I guess I'll have to do the unthinkable and play the game with the new code in order to judge and rate it. So cool to see this develop.

#2577 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't seem to be a lot more game added, but there's a LOT more video and callouts synced to gameplay events, and general polish, which is nice.

Well, I just played a long game on 5 ball and I hate to say it and I certainly don't mean to be negative, but I'm unimpressed with this release. I have to be honest, there's just not much there in new game play. If I hadn't read the read me I probably wouldn't have known it was a different code. Yes, I saw a few more Joker and Riddler videos, because I was looking for them, but that's about all I noticed. And as Vireland says, I saw pretty much the whole game first try. I captured all four villains, obtained Villain Jail break, got Bat Turn during Villain Jail Break (I'd never done that before), the other multiball, and recaptured two villains a second time. I'm sure there's lots more polish there, but nothing else that I noticed on one game. I'd recommend skipping this update and waiting on the next one if you have any substantial high scores or not much time to wait on the download and s/w update on the game. All that said, I'm overall optimistic about the game and future updates. We badly need minor villains and Batgirl!!!

#2579 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yes you do, and in stereo even (both threads)......nothing will ever be good enough, just admit it and move on.

Huh?

#2581 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sorry, I got 2 posts mixed up. My bad

Roger that!

#2583 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sorry, I got 2 posts mixed up. My bad........but I still disagree with you on the release content. This is all progress to a good end goal, and I think everyone is too quick to judge on the individual releases. It takes several layers to get where we need to be unless Lyman just stops dropping incremental code all together and outright finishes things....but then everyone would be having a melt down and would be accusing him of abandoning the code. Pretty much a no-win situation for him and we just need to have fun and be happy we are getting drops as promised....maybe not as fast as promised, but they are still happening.

Well, .71 to .75 is definitely progress, I won't dispute that and I'm sure there's stuff in it that I didn't notice. But I'll stick to my previous assessment, there's just not much to see game play wise in this update. The long code read me can be deceiving. That's okay though, it's a journey in software evolution and administrative changes are also necessary. I certainly didn't mean to degrade the game, but rather temper expectations for those who might rush out to change their code after work instead of tending to other responsibilities. I like the game and own an LE and love the theme, regardless of progress. But I'm also honest about it. This release didn't seem to elevate game play substantially and it would be disingenuous to claim that it did. Hopefully, the next one will.

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

My game froze at the initializing screen for 10 minutes before anything started. Perhaps wait 10 or so minutes then panic...

Mine froze up as well. Scared me. Fortunately, I was interrupted by a phone call and when I came back it had finally started updating. Whew!

#2650 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Safe to assume he left it on "don't lock out" by default to force more care and planning in your shots. Nerdy as it sounds I like to imagine that if I accidentally start a major villain a second time after already completing/capturing that it's like they escaped from prison so I have to capture them again before any further progress.

Good attitude thinking about them escaping! It's usually Penguin in my case due to scoop drop ins out of the pops, which is why I try to capture him last or next to last. I equate it to Monger in IM. If you thrash around enough IM shots, especially a missed left ramp or Whiplash that goes down that center slot, you'll often end up having to fight Monger a second time. That hurts bad, cause he blocks other progress and it's dangerous to bash him enough to go back down without losing a ball. Like Monger, the Batman villains don't time out, so they have to be dealt with a second time if it happens. So, sometimes what you don't shoot can be as important as what you do shoot which adds another aspect to the game. It'll be good to have the setting to turn repeat villains off once the game gets a little deeper.

#2657 6 years ago

I was just checking out the new SW pin pictures and playfield over in that hot thread. The pictures aren't high quality, but from what I can see, BM66 is more beautiful and more interesting looking. We'll see about game play, but right now I'm glad I chose BM66 instead of waiting for SW. Also, it has a mini LCD on the playfield, I wonder if we're going to see a big trend in that going forward?

1 week later
#2709 6 years ago

Okay, so we're about half way in between the most recent and next BM66 code updates and there's not a lot to talk about until the next code drop, except the crazy SW threads, so what do we all think is coming in the next code update? Keeping in mind that there was quite a bit of polish and some new clips in the last update, though a couple of the primary modes are probably in line to catch up to the last update's polish. Here are the most likely options I could think of:

1 - A surprise new mode like Bat Turn. (This is my personal vote and hope right now)
2 - Implementation of Minor Villains.
3 - A much bigger implementation of Gadgets than what we've seen thus far.
4 - Implementation of Seasons.
5 - Wizard or Minor Wizard modes, creation, updates, or polish.
6 - A substantial amount (shit load) of new call outs and video clips.
7 - Just a lot more polish, bug fixes, etc., kind of like the last update.

So, what's on your minds if you care to opine?

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was just about to post.
R.I.P. Adam.
Thanks for the wonder, hope and fun that you brought to Batman.
For me, there was only one Batman - Adam West.

Same here. Thankfully, he got to see himself and the series captured in our beautiful BM66 pinball machines. He might have had some slow career years after the original series, but he really gained a lot of momentum and went out strong.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Here's our little video submission for the Batman 66 SLE pinball machine.
You brought great joy & excitement to my otherwise poor and boring childhood.
Farewell caped crusader
» YouTube video

Nice video and well done!

#2771 6 years ago

Here's a great article on Adam West, mostly detailing his Batman promiscuity. He was the man!!

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/12/batman-star-adam-west-had-sex-with-eight-women-a-night/amp/

#2813 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The subtle differences (both from me and from Stern) are amusing-

Nice Catwoman card on the Premium......puuuurrrrfect!

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

No doubt. It was really beautiful to look at (almost as beautiful as Catwoman) and had some cool looking toys with the rotating piece and crane so I thought I'd check it out. I left disappointed. Hopefully with better code it can be a great game and it doesn't take 7 years like Sterns do at times.

I've got a very optimistic feeling about the next BM66 code update, which should come in about 2 weeks if our trend history is any indicator. The last update was a big polish and bug fix, so I'm hoping for something new this time, along the lines of a mode like Bat Turn, Batgirl addition, or Minor Villains implementation. It seems to me that the next update will almost certainly be one of the following:

1 - Implementation of Minor villains
2 - Better implementation of Gadgets
3 - Implementation of Seasons
4 - A new Bat Turn mode kind of addition (my biggest hope)
5 - Wizard mode or minor wizard mode work or polish
6 - Addition of more call outs and video clips
7 - More polish and bug fixes (my least favorite hope)
8 - Batgurl!!!!

#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

I won't believe this until we hear more details. This is a huge anniversary/big money game, to cut code short would kill any future hopes of repeating Stern's model to make big money on a particular title (possibly Elvira soon). Stern could take a real kick in the nutts if this was the case.....and quite frankly they should. Now, we hit 1.0 or thereabouts and I'll be more open to suggestion.

#2943 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The least Lyman can do is integrate that clip where Shame's scratching his ass.

Yeah, that is epic. I'll just be happy if we ever get Shame implemented at all. . I like where the code is going but I don't like how I've been able to select minor villains for the last three code updates but nothing happens besides a change in music. Clearly, what Lyman is planning is either complicated, or he's saving it for a giant bad ass update like he did with TWD.

#2946 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's all chant
Lyman F ing Sheets!

Ditto!!!

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I bought HUO
Is there a link on how to update the SW?

If your node boards hold it's fairly easy to update, not much different than SAM. You might need to install the previous code versions first because some of the updates had two files, one code, one Spike system. I really don't know about that for sure though. (1) download code from Stern site, unzip folder and put the file(s) that was inside of the folder onto your thumb drive. As I recall, .75 is only one final file, but as I mentioned previously, sometimes it's two files, cause Lyman had to update the Spike system at least twice recently. The file should be about 3.5 GB file size. Also, it will take a long time to download it and move it to a USB drive. (2) behind the trans light there are two USB ports side by side. I usually use the left one. No dip switches to turn. (3) as I can recall, it's about the same from that point, plug into the USB, power cycle the game and wait for the cue to hit the button inside the coin door, though the update can appear to stall for a few minutes sometimes and look stuck. In Spike, code has to propagate to the node boards, so if one goes bad it could ruin the update.

Suddenly, updating code scares me a little bit.

#3093 6 years ago

So what's the over/under for a code drop today? It's about 3:30 central right now, so I figure we've got maybe a 3 hour window left if it's coming today. Fingers crossed.......

#3098 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I just wanted to get some fellow "pinsider's" opinions....When and/or if do you think Stern will make a Pro model of BM66?

I agree with Vireland, we're not likely going to see a pro. Now, let's say Lyman hits the code out of the park in a late update a year or so down the road after the current production is over and the game gets a bit of a cult following where demand is higher than supply, similar to what happened with the original IM run, perhaps there could be a future vault edition, but it would probably carry premium pricing anyway and be several years in the future. Something along those lines possibly.

#3101 6 years ago

No Code (resized).jpgNo Code (resized).jpg

#3121 6 years ago

No Code (resized).jpgNo Code (resized).jpg

#3153 6 years ago

Anyone think there's a chance that there might be a pre-holiday code release from Stern today? For any game?

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

We need a big release this week!

I agree. My patience and goodwill are wearing a little thin. We all know the story of BM66 being rushed out, ahead of AS for example, and many of us have been cool with that situation since Expo, while both AS and SW came out with much better code. I expected that. If we get another new pin release after SW with better code than BM66 has by that point, my goodwill will be over. I'm still hopeful, but no longer optimistic. My BM66 LE purchase deposit invoice is dated August 30, 2016. How much longer can Lyman dedicate significant resources to BM66 with Lonnie and Dwight having coded new games since he has?

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Ok so I made a new trans-light for my BM66 LE#66.
Numerous reasons:
1. I was was pretty bummed I didn't get a gadget. So I added it. (bottom left corner)
2. The original LE trans-light was too busy and Batman/ Robins crotch front in center wasn't their best moment.
3. Batgirl and Catwomen front and center is more appealing, visually. (like the Tron girls)
Anyway, if you would like a custom translight and have your gadget added, send me a PM. Donations welcomed.
And if you if don't know your gadget, make one up> Batshit Detector # , Bat-Alternate-Translight #, etc.

That's really cool! Batshit Detector is great, but what about Batcode Repellant?

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So same bat channel same bat time for new code

Looks like a re-run on our bat channel this week, and probably longer. My bat sense tells me that Lyman is working on something else right now, which would explain why the last release contained tweaks and mostly tightened up what was already there. I figure we must be in TWD update mode at this point and will just have to hunker down now like we did then.

#3328 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have been playing Batman far less than I might otherwise be because of the code level. I'm pretty sure I've seen everything there is to see in .75 and I'm far from a great player.
Are others doing the same? Is your game mostly sitting waiting for new code? Or are you playing as much as you expected to, code level notwithstanding?

Mine hasn't been turned on since a few days after the last code drop. I should probably put a sheet over it as a dust cover like I did with my NIB X-Men years ago, which was the last time I got bent over on a new game.

I'm also out on buying new Sterns at this point. As I wrote somewhere else, Stern probably won't miss those of us NIB BM66 suckers for the time being, but there will come a time in the future when they'll wish that they had us former dependable NIB buyers back.

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My biggest concern is that many of those incredible custom callouts won't ever get implemented. Just looking at the shear volume of material makes you realize just home time consuming it will be to integrate them. It's reported Lyman likes to do that stuff last, but having done code myself I understand that fit and finish sometimes takes almost as much time as base function and Stern may simply not allow him the luxury of being able to do so.

Exactly my fear! With Dwight and Lonnie already coding games since Lyman (their best guy), how much longer will he realistically be allowed to fiddle with BM66? I figure not much if the backlog of great rumored titles are on the immediate horizon. I hope that we are close to a big update, but I have no idea....thanks Stern for not giving me, a consistent LE buyer, the confidence to buy another of your games right now!

I'm generally an optimist but I'm also good at analysis and my prognosis for this game going to where I initially thought it would is worrisome right now. There are a shit ton of call outs missing and Batgirl not in the game, and maybe half the expected features unimplemented, so I'm really worried for the first time that we could get short changed if Premium sales weren't any better than I think they were. I hope I'm wrong.

In any case I'm off the Stern NIB roller coaster until this game is where it should be.

#3389 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What titles?

There have been a lot of mentions in various threads, but I'm not connected to any insiders, so I haven't a clue if they're accurate. Thundergod listed Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, and Deadpool, which would all be outstanding pin themes. There have also been other rumors in various threads of Elvira for some time now, and most recently perhaps either Beatles or Munsters. Some time back I read lots of speculation that Jurassic World, Jimi Hendrix, and possibly Pulp Fiction might be under consideration. There are others that might be more fan hope than rumors, such as Slayer and Jaws.

I haven't a clue which are legit, but my worry is that any combination of these awesome themes selling like I think they would, could put Batman far back in the rear view mirror. Especially if progress on code continues at or even moderately faster than the recent pace.

Hopefully, there's a big update in test now and close to release to put us at ease.

1 week later
#3508 6 years ago
Quoted from Budgiecougar:

Thought it was about time I chimed in with my BM66 australian delivered beauty. Bat Gadget 13 the Bat Laser.

Nice game, welcome to the club! Lots of good advice about what parts of the game to check in the earlier parts of this thread.

#3541 6 years ago

I was very pleased playing BM66 tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I had older friends over who had never seen the game and they asked me to give them a game play tour, so I set it on 5 balls and showed them pretty much the whole game. That's the only bad news, that I was pretty much able to show them the whole game as it stands now, though it took some luck and an extra ball to do so. The good news is that playing it and explaining the game play to them, reaffirmed to me just how solid is the current BM66 game play......if it just had some more angles of attack and depth.

If Lyman could add some TWD-like action it really will become a powerful game. I played TWD just before so I was thinking if there could be a Bloodbath-type two ball mode sneaked in at some point such as after the second or third villain or after a combination of certain villains, it would add a lot. Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented to see if that would add anything. TWD also has what I consider a lot of mini wizard-kinda modes of alternative paths strategy available to you depending upon how you play the game: Siege, Terminus, Horde, and Last Man Standing, for instance. If some of that magic and alternative paths could be added to BM66 it would be a hell of a game. I think the key to success will depend on how minor villains are implemented.....one of these days. My fear is that it will only be a lengthening of the current path to Villain Escape which I think might get boring and repetitive. I want to see several alternative paths, such as maybe focusing on a series of minor villains in association with maybe one major villain, for variety (could be tied to seasons somehow). I don't know how that could be implemented, but I think some alternative pathways like that will be necessary for BM66 to become a great game. The lack of inserts suggesting those opportunities is worrisome though.

#3546 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Inserts might be nice, but you have 2 video screens that could be used to compensate for the lack of them.

Good idea, hopefully we'll see something like that. I hope that there are eventually alternative goals besides the long hard slog to capture everyone (major and minor villains) to get to Villain Escape. I fear that could get tedious, if not implemented with some imagination. Thankfully, it's Lyman so the best in the business is on the case.

That would be cool!

Quoted from thundergod76:No one saw the Bat turn mode coming. I'm sure Lyman has more goodies up his sleeve. The wait is painful though.

I sure hope so, especially if he can sprinkle some of his TWD fairy dust on the game.

#3561 6 years ago

I still have complete faith, but my annoyance level has risen exponentially. I'm on the bandwagon, but will let you drive for awhile. lol

Same here. But great GG e-mail to juice me up with a little more patience and hope!

#3609 6 years ago

According to my node check, #13 is the SLE/LE topper. Here are a few pictures showing the actual board closest to the topper and the various node board dips in the menu.

Board Closest to Topper (resized).JPGBoard Closest to Topper (resized).JPG

Nodes 8,9,10 (resized).JPGNodes 8,9,10 (resized).JPG

Nodes 13,14 (resized).JPGNodes 13,14 (resized).JPG

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm on my 3rd Jaeger, so won't be much help in about 10.....downtime tonight....

Same here, I'm passing deep into the whiskey maze, so this is my parting idea, for what it's worth. Maybe unplug the game and see what happens when power is back on and the dips are set correctly? If that doesn't work, I can only guess that Stern sent the wrong node board. Man, I wish I understood the node boards and their differences better. I'm sure that they're going to be a big problem for us in the future. We need to get vid working on that for us.

#3628 6 years ago

Bump! Anybody know anything?

#3657 6 years ago

Hey, as we patiently await the next BM66 code drop, does anyone have any idea who is coding GotG, if that is indeed the next Stern game as often rumored? Since AS and SW came out recently and after BM66, I'm guessing that Lonnie and Dwight have been too busy with those games. I know Stern has other programs such as the guy who did X-Men, but I was hoping Lyman would get involved in GotG which I was "previously" interested in buying at some point. Now that BM66 code progress seems to have slowed down a little bit, I'm stuck in a bit of a paradox because I have to hope that Lyman isn't working on GotG if he's really dedicated to BM66, however, now I'm worried that we might get a GotG without Lyman or Dwight being involved. Anybody in the know got any hopeful prognostications on this?

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't Lyman on Elvira 3? Pretty sure that's the deal.

Well, that would make sense, if Elvira is a 2018 game and I guess preserve our concerns about him tightening up BM66 before jumping to a new game. Still, who is coding GotG if it's coming out around Expo timeframe? I won't buy another Lonnie game.

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I know from a really reliable source that Lyman is working on a new game. This is not to say he is NOT working on BM66, but I do know he is working on a brand new game that will make everyone excited! That is all I can say or I will be killed and I'd like to enjoy my new LE....

Well, how many of us were ever able to work on just one thing at a time in any job? I think we've all juggled more than one thing in our various fields and done so fairly successfully. If a big new update to BM66 comes soon (Minor Villains anyone), Stern will have some good will for a period of time.

However, (and Stern I beg you to listen closely to this) if another game is released by Stern with Lyman doing the coding without significant progress on BM66, I predict it'll be the beginning of the end for Stern. Hell hath no fury like what will rain down on them in a PR disaster if that happens. Too many big spender, nearly automatic LE buyers like myself bit on the over priced BM66 amid promises of catching the code up quickly, and nothing would guarantee the catastrophic loss of our customer base than releasing a new Lyman coded game before BM66 is "significantly" further along. Surely, Stern knows that and the fact that it would be goodbye to any future hope of SLE sales. In fact, I dare them to do it, I triple dog dare them! (skipping the usual double dog protocols, of course).

#3737 6 years ago

Well, KISS got a little tiny bit of new code. That's something for them. I hope we're next.

Hmm, and on a Tuesday no less. I thought future code updates were relegated to Thursdays only. It's good news for Kiss owners, though. I remember TF and AV late code updates, though they were usually to remove Lonnie's notorious game progress road blocks.

Come on Baaatmmaaan!

code (resized).jpgcode (resized).jpg

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The wait sucks, no doubt about it.
We can keep our expectations in check, but this list has to be incorporated at some point:
-more video assets from the show
-minor villain modes
-all the custom speech recorded by Adam and Burt
-Bat gadgets incorporated fully
-Villain vision on the tv
-Batusi
and the "reach" goals would be unexpected new modes like Bat Turn.
If the above list is done, then we have a real gem. I can't see them NOT delivering on the above as most of the ground work is laid already for most of it.

And hopefully, they sneak Batgirl into the game some how, seeing as how much she's on the game. It would seem that they could put her in the same way as minor villains, at a minimum, or for whatever constitutes the third season.

#3767 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If they don't add a lot of footage of Batgirl in general gameplay, then I would like to see a Batgirl mode implemented like Bat-Turn.

Great idea!

#3787 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Thinking of getting a Premium. What should I add on besides the side art and shaker? Any good ideas for toppers on the Premium?

The various Batman Hot Wheels toys are cheap and easy to add. Also, the little Batman spotlight in the right rear.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did anyone get one of these? If so what size is best 1/12, 1/9 or 1/6 scale.

Little Shop of Games in Florida had some shortly after the game was released. They might still. Docquest did the best though.

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I remember when Tron got an update quite a bit after it was released. And Tron is still one of the most amazing pinballs I've enjoyed (then again, I'm biased as a big Tron fan!). So, I'm hopeful he will deliver. Also, the amount of video material available on BM66 is staggering. We're talking 3 seasons worth of episodes and everyone has a favorite moment.

Me too, I remember that well and still love my Tron. Like IM, it's an amazingly simple but enjoyable game. The problem with BM66 is that unlike Tron with that last great update, in BM66 a whole lot of the basic expected content hasn't been implemented yet, so we're not talking polish or next level, we're still waiting on basic stuff to activate inserts and bring characters from the art into the game: minor villains, seasons, gadgets, Batgirl, villain vision taunts, etc. Those alone should soup up BM66 to an incredible level. If Lyman has any magic tricks beyond that up his sleeve for a real late update, then it really will be a great game. I think we're only about half way there at this point.

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This next code drop is going to be epic...almost 3 months since the last one.
IMO, this might be "finished" code when released. I'm sure we'll get another update to fix the bugs.

I'm a little worried that this might be the case, given likely pressing needs of future games and Spike evolution. I'm okay with a big, epic update with pretty much everything programmed at least basically, but then I would also like some time for us to play it and see how well everything gels together. We could then give feedback or make posts over the coming weeks/months about what we like most and least, and hopefully, Lyman could come back next year and pull the TWD rabbit out of his hat. If it's pretty much finished at the next update besides bugs, then I'm worried that it might not reach the superior TWD level of play that I know it could.

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dammit with all the new posts today I just logged in and thought sweet new code
When is the next big show stateside?

Oh yeah, this too. I saw a bunch of posts and immediately opened up Stern's code site before I starting to reading posts. Dang it!!!

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Christopher Franchi said he hopes his next game might debut at Expo. My gut (with no inside info) is that this could be the Elvira game, which would be another boutique release.
The only way another boutique run will sell is if the Batman code is seen as mostly complete by then. The pool of buyers for these games is pretty small.

Exactly! You gotta figure that Stern realizes this, even if they often seem oblivious of their customers. Sure, there would be some automatic Elvira buyers no matter what, but I imagine that there are close to 300 of us previous boutique pre-order LE buyers who would stay on the sidelines out of principle if BM66 game code isn't popping by then.

Not to mention that it will queue up the Pinside Stern hating orchestra to gnash teeth, render garmets, and weep loudly. They'll complain no matter what, particularly about the price, but if the BM66 game isn't considered fairly close to complete, it'll give them even more ammunition. The noise would be deafening!

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I doubt it is Munsters, but I would do it in a heartbeat. I heard Wonder Woman at one point. But I can't see them doing that along side Elvira.

I think the success of the Wonder Woman movie surprised everyone. It's on everyone's radar screen now and would be a good pin theme after the sequel is released in a few years. That should put some space between it and Elvira.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Holy off-topic discussion Batman!!

Exactly! Also, how about a little solidarity in not caving to throwing pre-order money at Stern's next shiny object until BM66 gets a lot more Stern love?

#3967 6 years ago

It's awfully quite here on the BM66 front this Thursday. I guess no one with any inside intel is watching for a code drop today?

#4025 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I really wanted to be in this club. I can afford the entrance fee however the gameplay was just not there for me. I will start by saying the game is beautiful in all models. The super LE cabinet side art is a true work of art. Playfield backglass speaker panel and topper are Awesome. Now here comes the negative nancy. The shots are ok the interactive playfield seems like it is missing something. The music is so boring and the integration of video is not there. Hopefully this game can be redone with code. They would need to change alot. I will have my fingers crossed but it does not seem like the game will get that much better. I do love the look and theme and still struggle should I buy it on looks alone. However space is a valuable asset to pinball enthusiasts. I feel if it is in the game room we would have to enjoy playing it from time to time to justify its real estate.

The music has been a problem for some people. If you watch the series on DVD you'll get a better understanding of it. The music, Gotham video clips, excessive chivalry, etc., are all part of the Batman series immersion. Same with the nomenclature labels on all the Batcave stuff, and the fighting: Pow! Sock! They tie all of the weird campiness together.

#4078 6 years ago

So, will the eclipse path of totality passing through Illinois be a harbinger of a BM66 code release this week? Or will it be stay tuned next week on this Batchannel for more?

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman66 was my 4'th Stern NIB in the last 5 years and will be my last. I've learned my lesson. If I like a future Stern title i'll wait until the code is done (or at least appears to be complete) and buy it used.
Stern should pamper customers who spend this kind on money on their games but they cant even be bothered with some of the most basic types of communications that were described in the prevoius post.
It appeared there Stern was on the right track with the whole "commissioner gordon" email sign up sheet thing that came with the game. I only got one email update via that and then nothing.
I thought I read that it was easier for companies to retain and cater to loyal repeat customers than to recruit new ones. Maybe thats not the case in the the 8K+ LE pinball market.
I still like their games and want them to thrive but I wont be a beta tester on future releases.

Same here, my turn against Stern has been slow coming, but I'm generally not a knee jerk decision maker. In any case, I think I'm done with Stern NIB also, though I'm saddened to say it. BM66 was my 6th Stern NIB LE plus 1 Vault (IM). I figure I must have been in the top 5% of Stern customers considering my willingness to consistently pre-order non-band games (when my distributor didn't cut me out of an LE slot, but that's a GB story for another day). I never buy the Pro model and have defended the company in various threads. X-Men should have taught me a lesson, but I was a stupid idiot. Now, I'm paying close attention to the new manufacturers and will probably direct my next NIB purchase towards one of them, or just turn to a new hobby which is where I'm really leaning right now. I'm most disgusted with myself for biting on BM66. While the game is beautiful and a great theme, I really feel like I was a fool to pay so much and kind of got taken advantage of (I ordered before the poor s/w reveal at Expo). I literally had to finish assembling the game, it had so many loose parts, though I know that's a mild problem compared to the poor Iceman. I was really feeling down about it 3-4 weeks ago and marveling at how my TBL early achiever's edition #25 with it's ugly history and some 48% code is more complete and seems to have all working inserts.

So, I was starting to think about unloading the game, but I've since had a pinball party and BM66 was the hit of the party (all novice players). I set the game to 5 balls and literally showed my guests the entire BM66 game shebang on my second game and I'm an average player. All four villains captured, regular multiball, Villain Escape, and Bat Turn. Did I miss anything......I doubt it. What's there in the BM66 game code is outstanding, and I don't want to make light of it, the current code kernel is great, but far, far incomplete for even initial shipping, much less a year later! That said, my invoice is dated 30 August 2016 and here we are early morning on 25 August 2017 and that's it so far after I over paid and had to change distributors (GB LE wasn't my last former distributor let down) to buy their most special, anniversary game. So, my patience has expired and all that's left is an exhausted, WTF? We'll get a third Stern game since BM66 announced pretty soon, probably around Expo, and so many of the inserts aren't completely coded on BM66. It's a figgin' shame!

1 week later
#4251 6 years ago

Today is day two of year two since I put down my deposit, 30 August 2016. If I had only known then what I know now?

Well I do know now, and my checkbook is closed when it comes to Stern! Sadly, after 8 NIB and about $50K in revenue to Stern in as many years, for the first time my growing bitterness about it is causing me to root against them and hope one of the new manufacturers supplants them. I hate that I feel that way, but it's the only reaction I have left at this point.

Why did Stern go through the Commissioner Gordon e-mail sign up to not use it? We don't need it on code updates as we know within minutes from Pinside. If there aren't going to be any communications besides that, why bother? Also, I had already loaded the code by the time I got the last update. Their communications, PR and marketing are terrible!

#4274 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I doubt the repercussions would be all that severe since there just aren't that many of us Batman 66 owners. But expo would be a red letter date since it would be a year from the game's reveal and about 150 days of .75 code.

There aren't many of us, but we are a chunk of their big spenders, how big I don't know. We had pictures last August or I wouldn't have bought mine. I count that as the reveal for most of us, since most can't attend Expo. So Stern is already at my red letter date.

#4276 6 years ago

If Stern doesn't drop code by expo there's gonna be a shit storm for them to deal with.

Definitely! A third game since BM66 will be introduced at Expo and our game would still be alpha, or borderline alpha code. We'd definitely post and whine a lot if that happened, but what else can we do besides give up on Stern and join the growing anti-Stern torch/pitchfork carriers? I hate to have to do that, but it seems inevitable right now. F@&kers for backing me into this corner!

#4279 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I personally won't be involved in a storm, but they will hear my voice. Still believe they really "wanted" this to progress as they had planned...but you know what they say about good intentions......
Let's just hope Lyman finishes this beautiful game, and we can just enjoy it......
Truthfully still very glad I grabbed an LE......my powder on the coindoor and shooter rod done next week, Matt hard at it on the ramp...I think the end story will (hopefully) long outlive the initial turmoil.....

We are a strange group. One magnificent TWD-like coindrop would probably heal a lot of our pain, though times a wasting.

#4333 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

And there goes 5pm

Even in Pacific time.

#4425 6 years ago

It's been more than a year since I dropped my deposit on BM66 and I still consider the code alpha at this point (a good alpha to be fair) due to so many features not active yet. I can no longer grant Stern any good will at all. I don't trust anything they say. We've fought shorter wars than the supposed BM66 dedicated code time. At Expo we'll see a third game announcement since BM66. WTF?

#4435 6 years ago

I hate to defend Stern here, as I'm in a very foul mood about the lack of code progress of my BM66 right now, but I think that when everyone reverse engineers Stern's financials there's just too much non-component info to really know how they're doing.

I suspect that internally, they consider the upcost of the LE models to cover the large development costs of the game. I read long ago that Gary has said it takes about one million to develop a new game. I also think LEs and premiums kind of subsidize the pros in that regard which keeps that model viable. Spare parts stock for new games and new systems, etc., are upfront costs, though they eventually get their pound of flesh from us on them.

Stern is probably doing very, very well right now compared to 10 years ago, but if they're making such huge profits and their BOMs are so low, I wonder why everyone else has found it so difficult to legitimately compete against them.

1 week later
#4584 6 years ago

It's awefully quiet here in our beloved thread, following the passing of yet another disappointing Thursday.

I've reached a point where I'm actually exhausted from capturing Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, and Penguin so much. I can't do it anymore, or I'll scream! My last game I just concentrated on Bat Turn, complaining like Muttley under my breath.

#4596 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I enjoy a lot the Bat-Turn, Multiballs, and because I'm still trying to catch them all 4 for me the game it is and will be an amazing game no matter what. Obviously I want the Villain vision and many more things working, but I guess that I just have to be patient.
Yesterday I installed the Mod crane and instead of the 2 minutes installation that they say...took me like 1.5 hour, all because of that electric cable in the ceiling of the crane. So, to avoid a big gap I cut some parts in the front and now looks very nice.
The past month I canceled a SWLE, ordered a AFMr green and fortunately arrived 2 days ago to my place, tomorrow it is my birthday so it will be a good night playing along with my Family before PPV Canelo vs. GGG.
Regards

I diverted my 2017 NIB funds from Stern to PPS as well. It probably doesn't mean anything to Stern right now, but history has taught us that there will be hard times in pinball at some point in the future, and then maybe they'll miss my annual NIB. Unfortunately, I got no other leverage.

#4630 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably guessed 50 times by now ( and no inside information) but feel pretty good about a big code drop in the next couple of weeks or so. W expo on 10/11, I just can't see Gomez handing a USB stick at the show, like TPF. They will want to get this out, and some of the fires calmed prior, if they plan on showing another game. More than a hunch....a pretty reasonable business move, imho....just throwing it out there....

I agree, even the biggest marketing fools in the Galaxy would surely not show up at Expo without taking flagship game BM66 to some decent code after a year in the wilderness. Could they really be that out of touch? Because BM66 has non-working inserts and is so repetitive, I consider it currently Alpha code, though it is strong as it stands, though I grant no excuses after a year. Stern needs a massive update or Expo will suck for them. What a hell of a mess this is, and it's all Stern's fault. I'm so angry with them that I actually find myself hoping they crash and burn. How sad is that?

#4684 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

So is today the day?

Given my history of getting all hopeful for nothing, I'd say:

not so good (resized).pngnot so good (resized).png

#4685 6 years ago

Why is it so quite here today so far? Is everyone busy at work, or in deep meditation hoping not to jinx an update.

#4687 6 years ago

Because we all know no code will drop again this week.

Good call, I see now that I missed a third option......."Lamentations and sorrow."

#4696 6 years ago

Another Thursday bites the dust.....

#4703 6 years ago

They basically MUST release whatever they have or it's going to be an extraordinarily uncomfortable Expo.

Oh yeah, it would effectively be a walk of shame, if they have any pride left. BM66 is unique as a supposedly special anniversary game, boo coo more expensive than other games, crappy QC as many of us had to finish assembling our LEs, and its piss poor code status after an entire year. I would never have guessed that code would still be Alpha (IMHO) after a year.

#4723 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I think it's interesting that we're hearing no reveal because Franchi indicated that he would show his next title, which was hinted strongly to be another KaPow game. My bet is that they show something on Elvira and at least pictures of the Franchi KaPow game, which I'm guessing is Christopher Reeves Superman 78.
While I really want everyone to be right that we'll see a big code drop on Batman at or before Expo, there is very little in Stern's past behavior that gives me optimism.

Yeah, Stern really misses out on a lot of opportunities to accumulate a little goodwill. If the production lines are good, why not push the coders out for a couple of weeks prior to Expo adding some glitter to 3-4 recent titles that are unexpected so that they can offer them up as "gifts" to the community. Sometimes, it's the small things...

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

good lord, he's really sucking on the hype pipe.

Yeah, and that brings back memories of X-Men's reveal. I recall something along the lines of Borg never had more time to develop or was able to design more toys. Personally, I think that was his most hyped and worse game since I've been in pinball. I sure hope GotG avoids that future.

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

X-Men is an awesome game with the captive ball mod.

I've heard as much and good for those who enjoy it, but I really wouldn't know. My NIB LE X-Men was broken much of the first year I owned it due to bad PCBs, a mis-mounted Wolverine toy, a moving ramp that gave me SDTM drains, and loaded with broke-dick code, until I couldn't stomach to look at it any longer. So, it was sadly one of the happiest days I can recall when I lost over a grand selling it.

1 week later
#4826 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My guess is Stern will release at Expo to create buzz around BM66 for potential sales. If they released the code prior to Expo, all that would do is excite current owners. Pfffttt...why do that.
Honestly, the smart play for Stern is to release at Expo. That way it will take most of the weekend for opinons to be formed.

I think they'll drop it a week before Expo if it's a really good update, in order to capitalize on all of our new buzz about how good it is and happy we are we bought BM66 games. I'll be worried that it's not as good an update as what we're hoping for if it's dropped on top of Expo.

#4832 6 years ago

Hey, I thought of something kind of upbeat tonight. As I installed Modfather's Sewer Decal on the magnet and cleaned up my PDI glass a bit, and then marveled at how beautiful my BM66 playfield looked, it hit me. You know, our BM66 pins sitting and not getting played too much while waiting on code for this past loooong year, has allowed our clear coats to cure longer with minimal playfield stress. Compared to our go-to pins with decent code of course, like in my case a fun pin like Iron Man which has been taking much of my playfield hits since I got BM66. So, just FYI on a way that we can think positive about BM66 until we finally get to Beta code in October. At least it'll keep us from lighting them on fire.

I wonder if all of the inserts will work after the next code drop? Will Batgirl finally have a mode? Will the minor villains do something, anything? Will gadgets be worth taking up so much real estate on the playfield? Will the best topper ever invented, actually do something during game play? Will I no longer scream in agony after listening to Joker music over and over again capturing and recapturing him for nothing? Will I finally have something to shoot for besides Bat Turn?

#4843 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Modfathers decal? I thought I sold you that... lol I to hope for a deep yet much more complete code. Until then all we can do is improve, modify, and gaze at the beautiful playfield. Its actually a pretty great game as is as long as your a crappy player like me. lol Should have an update with photos on the speaker illumination kit this week and production is still on track for 1 week completion.
The Mod Couple

Oops, my bad Yelobird! I got father and couple wrong on this one. My lovely Sewer Decal actually came from The Mod Couple and was a piece of cake to install.

#4944 6 years ago

Well, new SW code just dropped? Could BM66 also hit today??????

Edit: You beat me by 18 seconds.

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They already got rotordave's money, so what do you think?

Actually, I'm just prepping the code battlefield so that I can get a petty whine chorus going about SW getting another update before BM66. Speaking of which, I think it's unfair that SW owners get an earlier update than BM66 owners! We're still on Alpha code and we've been waiting longer and we got inserts that don't work and we were promised every other week updates and we paid more and.....................

#4975 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Its not a guess
However whether it actually happens or not, is like trying to guess the lottery numbers.

What's Stern afraid of? Are they really going to wait and finally drop the (first IMHO) Beta code update a year after the game was first revealed, as everyone walks into Expo? I have to admit, purposefully holding the code back like that scares the s--t out of me. Are we not getting as substantial of an update as we're (me for sure) are expecting? Could it be da bomb and held back strategically to knock attendee socks off? Tune in next week Bat fans.

I sure hope some of our contrary-minded BM66 owners are going to Expo to give Stern an earful about the way they've bent us high spending owners over the Bat couch the past year. No amount of code can fix that.....unless this update gives us fantastic minor villains, good gadget implementation, cool seasons usage, several mini-wizard modes, and a glorious Batgirl mode. Then, I'll gladly be the site hypocrite.

#5012 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The last weekend of disappointment has arrived!
This time next week we will be playing some updated code on our beloved Batman
I'm pulling out the 20 yr aged 100% agave for this event!

I finally had enough of repetitive Joker and Penguin and captured the villains until I couldn't stomach it anymore, so I pulled out a sheet to cover my boring-ass, over priced friggin BM66 game, only the first time I've done that since X-Men. Also, a few weeks ago I pulled out my checkbook and sent my 2017 NIB money to PPS. So, Stern can continue to take their damn time, I don't care. The last time I got rammed this hard in the buttocks, I was a JPoP RAZA buyer. Stern is dead to me.

#5021 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Why so harsh about X-Men
awesome game!

Crap, now you've got me started. I pre-ordered an XMLE NIB and found it to be a beautiful game and it was easily the best looking in my lineup. I especially loved the theme. But....code sucked for a long time, they had a power board problem, they butchered my Wolvy toy mounting it and I never could get it adjusted well, my moving ramp would dump balls down the middle, the spinning disk didn't seem to provide any effect on the ball, and I got so tired of repetitive Project X mode. I'm sure I have more grievances, but it's been a long time now. For whatever reason, I never really had fun playing the game. By the time the code was palatable, I was sick of the game and got financially annihilated selling it. I'm sure many like it, but I have to pop a Tums just to walk by one anymore.

BM66 has also become a big letdown, especially the past few months. I found a handful of loose hardware in my NIB game, so I'm still annoyed about having to finish putting my overpriced game together to begin with, and then there's the code. While once positive, I've become jaded playing the same four modes over and over again. BM66 is parked next to my new MMR and there is just an astonishing difference in fun and things to do that it's not even fair to compare the two. MMR has more castles to bust than BM66 has in modes, not to mention Trolls, Damsels, Jousting, Peasants, Catapults, etc. There's more callout variety in MMR's Damsels than there is in the entire BM66 game right now. I can play the entire available BM66 buffet one out of three games and it's become sooooo boring. I'm now wondering if even Lyman can make it interesting. It's certainly going to take more than an option to extend the four basic modes longer for more points, which is our big recent hint. Really, after playing the same four modes over and over and over again for all of 2017, do we really need an option to play them even more? Listening to the Joker music any longer might cause insanity. If that's the best waiting in the wings and it doesn't tie to minor villains somehow, then I'm really worried.

#5032 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Like an easy check list to be sure that nobody will cry again if everything (or 95%) is in the drop.
I dream of a real BM66 Club without the whining.
Maybe in 5-6 points?

Sure, I'll make a short list of 6 points below and even add an extra one, since I seem to be the one whining the most right now:

1 - Just above the flippers, there are three season inserts, 1 through 3. Make them do something.
2 - Just above the season inserts are a half dozen minor villains. Feature them in the game doing something.
3 - A substantial portion of the left playfield is taken up by 6 gadget standups. Make them do something more than they do now, because its a real buzz kill to complete a long row of 6 targets just to get one shot removed from a villain. Surely that isn't the entirety of their envisioned implementation. If so, I'll be disappointed. I was hoping for something innovative like maybe a hurry up mode to hit them and build a bat utility belt at the start of each game, or something imaginative from Lyman, especially given the amount of playfield real estate that they take up.
4 - Batgirl is on the plastic behind the 6 gadget targets, on both sides of my LE back box, and on the translight. Make her do something in game play.
5 - There are 3 TV inserts on the right side of the game under standup targets. I don't know what they do, if anything. So, maybe make them do enough to get noticed in game play.
6 - Use that expensive small TV on the playfield for the supposed villain taunts that Gomez told us about at Expo.
7 - Finally, I haven't noticed substantial call outs, what about all those custom prepared by Adam and Burt?

If we're about to get version 1.0, I'd expect to have most of these implemented even if not smoothly polished yet. I'd be happy in any case with at least three of them implemented in this coming update if it's less than 1.0. Three or four nicely implemented would cure my whining well into 2018, five or six nicely implemented would probably make me stop whining entirely. Offering an option to extend the four major villain modes for additional points is nice, but it didn't make my list and I sure hope it's not the major feature of this coming update from one of the greatest pinball coders of our time, one year after game release.

#5035 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The only thing I have seen a gadget do is let me steal a lock in the bat cave from launching a new ball into play from the shooter lane.

That could be all they do. I figured that surely they must do something by this point, but honestly I've never tracked if they actually helped capture a villain. Making that 7 item list highlighted to me just how much of the game remains unfinished. What's already implemented is good, but there's a whole lot that isn't implemented yet.

#5058 6 years ago

They must be pretty confident in the stability of the code to be cutting it this close to expo.

Yeah, it certainly seems like they've purposefully held this code drop back to unleash it time-on-target for Expo. I guess that means that it'll be an update that is one extreme or the other and probably not in the middle. I suspect it'll either be a killer release to get all kinds of buzz going with live demos at the show, or it's possibly a little lackluster and they don't want to have people show up at Expo griping about it after already playing it. Flip the coin Two-Face!

flip the coin (resized).jpgflip the coin (resized).jpg

#5062 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Does anyone else find it strange that Stern is having a feature at Expo on Batman 66? I get that it's supposed to be about the art and the story about Franchi's dedication under ridiculous time constraints is interesting, BUT talking about an incomplete game that they revealed LAST YEAR is weird.
Plus the elephant in the room has to be the lack of code, which is beyond Franchi's control.
It just seems odd to me that Stern wants to put a spotlight on B66 given how (poorly, IMO) they've addressed the game to date.

You’re right, it does seem odd. I guess they must figure they can rescue it and ramp up new sales as well as show commitment to their high dollar specialty games for when Elvira finally hits. That makes me think/hope that Stern does have a massive code update about to hit.

Oddly, I think Stern is somewhat at our mercy on this one, particularly this BM66 club thread. It is far and away the most upbeat of at least 5-6 BM66 threads that have been perculating over the past year, and that’s not saying much. If we owners as a group aren’t happy with this code drop, it’ll impact sales from anyone who does a little due diligence before ordering.

#5098 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's words, then action. That's what got them into this mess.
We need action, then words.
If it isn't released tomorrow, it should be a simultaneous release at Expo. If not, I hope Batman owners will grill Gary at 6pm Thursday.

I think they’re playing a code release game with us on this one. Kind of like us withholding a treat from our pets to tease and get anticipation up. Just go ahead and release it already. It’s not like we didn’t already pay more and wait longer for Beta code than any game in Stern history. At this point letting non-owners play BM66 with updated code at Expo before owners get it would really annoy me, however petty that might sound.

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

applejuice is our club member programmer, believe he's done a few code re-writes and magic girl.
But the real answer to how long the code actually takes to develop is an unknown because we don't know how much Lyman has crammed into this update it could be and I really hope it's HUGE!

I'd be curious about this update even if I didn't own the game. If rumors are true, it appears that Stern is about to double down on it for a second Expo in a row. Given their poor historic marketing practices and having a terrible poker hand with how BM66 has been handled thus far, they're taking a huge chance IMHO. If this update doesn't knock socks off, owners will be on them like ravenous wolves. I know I've already got my bib on.......

#5147 6 years ago

I hope someone at Expo hits Stern hard for playing games with game owners' BM66 code. I suspect the code has been ready for weeks, but purposefully held back and teased.

#5207 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

No, I'm just saying they're in for a really bad showing at Expo unless they get these issues resolved ASAP (today?!), including our new B66 code.
Keep in mind, per the rumor mill, they don't have a new game to release but their competitor does, they'll have 1 new busted game (SWLE/SWP) and one game a YEAR OLD still running beta code. WOW!!!

I'm not into s/w so I don't know the terminology etiquette, but in my pea brain BM66 is Alpha code right now since so many features and inserts aren't functional. Per Wiki Beta code indicates feature complete but with bugs. BM66 isn't even close.

#5253 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Wow - from version .75 to .8-something in, what? 150 days? Where's the graph showing how long it'll take to get to 1.0 given 150 days for a 0.5 update?

Snail_in_house,_closeup (resized).jpgSnail_in_house,_closeup (resized).jpg

#5258 6 years ago

This is beginning to rival some other undertakings:

- The Korean War
- Ford's Presidency
- Johnny Manziel's NFL Football Career
- Getting BM66 Pinball to Beta Code

#5281 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

So, I guess it is possible they scrapped the original code and rewrote. Looking forward to some details on changes from those getting to play the latest version.

Me too! I'm goinna call B/S if when we get the update, it's still the same ole shoot ramps for Catwoman, orbits for Riddler, scoop for Penguin, and TV for Joker.

#5290 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I also got the impression off George that they have hit road blocks on ideas for the code...

Of course they did, the choice of inserts was terrible: TV and Seasons, not to mention a massive amount of playfield real estate dedicated to Gadgets? How about inserts for minor-Villains, Batgirl, Batuzi, Parachute Drop/Pickup, etc? It seems to me that they didn't really know what modes they were going to have when they locked-in the playfield.

#5293 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Nothing on minor villains that I heard

Dang, then if this is the update, no wonder they didn't dare drop it before Expo.

Quoted from J85M:

Refine and Complete Major Villains
Add Cliffhangers to continue Episodes
Tonne more Audio and video

Then, I guess all we're getting, is pretty much what we had already but extended, right? I guess a little more audio and video added. Really? If that's the case, we're never going to get a decent game, because there's no way that they allow Lyman to work on this for another full year.

#5305 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

if the Villain your facing is on the TV taunting you that's 10x better than a flashing insert!

Oh definitely! Hopefully, they go that route, but I guess they don't really have any other option at this point. My concern is keeping track of the six minor villains as they are completed. I constantly lose my place on IM, usually after starting a new ball and seeing all mode inserts unlit, but 4 or 5 Marks lit. I sometimes have to flail a bit until I figure out which mode(s) I'm missing. I could see the same thing on BM66, at least in my case.

#5322 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I ain't smiling. And after this pathetic Expo showing from Stern with no actual code drops I think my great pinball future will be with JJP moving forward.

Exactly! Same here, though probably CGC for me until JJP hits on a theme I like. Historically, I've only owned TOTAN from the great 90s games. I just got MMR and love it, so I think CGC will be in my immediate future.

Clearly the new Stern marketing guy either hasn't got game or hasn't got enough empowerment. From what I've heard from afar, they really dropped the ball on this one. There were probably ways to sugar coat the BM66 code problem a little a few months ago, but instead they let the problem fester and our anticipation build up instead. It was probably a good idea for them to not reveal a new game.

#5327 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If they were wise, the newest code would be up on the site TOMORROW ....

I suspect they want all Expo attendees out of Chicago before pre-order owners evaluate the code in home environments. Judging by what I've read in this thread this evening, I'm not expecting any improvements besides a few extra call outs and video clips. I certainly don't want to spend additional play time locking up the same four villains that I'm sick and tired of locking up this past year, and that seems to be the highlight of an entire third-of-a-year of coding by the master coder himself. Why else would the update not already be up for download? I hope I'm wrong but I think we're in the process of being served a shit sandwich, which is probably why they didn't introduce a new game this weekend.

#5344 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Let's give this thread back to people hoping for Lyman to get their code to 1.00 over a year since a game's release....

The problem with this normally good thought of preserving a club thread is that all of us big dollar LE/SLE BM66 owners who bought back in Aug-Oct last year (and were lied to) constitute the bulk of this club thread and just got shafted without lubricant by Stern, and as a result have lost hope in Stern/Lyman getting to 1.00 anytime soon, if ever. So, now many of us are saying what we're thinking, which is sending our pinball dollars elsewhere in the future and that's pretty much got to be JJP or CGC. Talk about Stern lowering expectations at Expo. I used to be one of the most positive folks in this thread six months ago, but I'm probably going to have to resign my membership if this forthcoming code update is a weak, as I now expect it to be. I suspect that I'll be in good company.

#5376 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm guessing here but i can't think of anything else right now as to why they'd hold it back from owners.

The only other thing I can think of is to avoid more drama at Expo. Maybe they're afraid that owners will raise hell once they play the update and find that the new code is about where it was 140 days ago, or perhaps even regressed since they supposedly started over, or maybe just a few call outs and video clips ahead? More and more I think they're holding it back on purpose to avoid further embarrassment. We'll know soon enough. Stern appears totally clueless about what's going on around them, which makes me wonder if we're witnessing their "Kodak" moment.

Take Your Pick 2 (resized).pngTake Your Pick 2 (resized).png

#5387 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The real question is why don't they just release the code? They have new code and people are playing it at Expo. They even mentioned that they would give you the code on a USB drive at the booth, so why not just make it available for download? Stern says this is a teaser release and is not meant to be public code - OK but all we've ever had for this game is basically teaser releases. I feel like Stern is essentially giving the finger to those of us that bought this game based on what they told us at last years show.

Yep, and it's obvious to most of us now. Poor Vireland got ridiculed for saying that for months now. It turns out he was right all along.

#5390 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hindsight is 20/20. We had no real reason to doubt what Stern said last year. Now we do.
Stern has burned through all the goodwill they had with Batman 66 owners. We'll wait for their actions to se if their words mean anything.

You're definitely right about burned up good will. And the really sad thing is that we really don't know where we stand even now, because they're bogarting the code update. Worse yet, they're offering to let anyone who walks by at Expo with a flash drive take a puff on it, meanwhile, $10K-$15K paid-in-full owners who didn't make it to Expo this year are left at home scratching their heads. Talk about flipping the bird at their "cream" customers, as Frolic coined recently.

#5419 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We will all know plenty enough when the next game is released that has Lyman coding it.

Indeed we will and then the truth will set us free! Gomez is peddling a whole dump truck load of B/S. Since BM66 was announced we've had AS & SW announced, and probably next month GotG. Lyman's next game has to be just over the horizon. If he can't get BM66 past Alpha code in about a year, how can he code another game equal to or more than that in only a few months? That's why I'm CGC's new best damn NIB customer. Go Doug! F@&k Gomez!

#5427 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

I believe they WANT it to be great. They WANT it to be epic! This show just laid bare that they don't know how to accomplish their own goals.

I think you're on to something. Maybe Gary has finally lost it. Their entire Expo pitch seemed to be a bit irrational. Barcades marketing strategy over home owners, really? Clumsy BM66 code update to Expo but not to owners. No new game announcement (largely supposedly due to too much inventory of BM66 and SWLE at distributors)! Letting JJP pull their pants down at Expo......

#5458 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Also very interested in GOTG. Now I won't even consider either until I see code.

Me too. Prior to this week I had even started preparing my last available pin slot for GotG, seriously entertaining a pre-order of the LE model upon announcement, despite my growing anger at Stern. I thought I was done with Stern, but rumor of GotG once again had just about reeled me in. I guess once the shock of the BM66 code reveal, or lack there of wears off, I'll have to rethink my lineup plans.

Am I the only one who's taking this harder than I should? I've been alternating between feeling rage and nausea. Seriously, I've been in a funk for two days now, at the stark realization that BM66 will never come close to reaching the level I thought it would. I'm pretty good at math and there just isn't enough time left in this decade. Considering progress thus far at the full-time coding pace, imagine when coding support on BM66 goes to "make another pass," which can't be far away unless Stern delays Elvira. Plus won't Elvira need more than a year of Lyman time as well? And if the new reality of coding is 10x harder, how can any future Stern game ever get to a decent code level if it's that hard?

I guess I'll have to think a bit and eventually decide if I'll be putting a POTC or the next CGC game in my open slot. Hopefully some college football can help break my funk this afternoon. First world problems, right?

Groot (resized).jpgGroot (resized).jpg

#5486 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I understand being tight-lipped about new games or unannounced products. But once a game is released there should be a steady flow of information, especially if it relates to something as critical as a quality issue, service issue or incomplete code or anything that is taking far longer than expected to address.

Yep, no reason for secrecy once it's in owner's hands, actually it's time for the opposite. I thought the Commissioner Gordon e-mail that we BM66 owners signed up for was going to keep us up to date, but I was wrong about that. It seemed like a good move in the right direction at the time which gave me hope. But in the last code update I learned about it on Pinside well before I got the e-mail from the Commissioner. Also, it was never used to alert us to the release of the ramp fix kit or anything else. It was a good idea, but there wasn't any follow-through.

#5511 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Most of the new call outs seemed to be of Adam and Burt saying the basic pinball stuff like "ball 1 locked", "player 1 is up", "holy additional chromium sphere". As I battled villians there were more video clips and speech for them that seemed new. Cant remember any specific ones from P. N. Guin.
I alos want to comment on a conversation myself and a couple other pinsiders had with Lyman at the show regarding the expo code.
First and foremost I let him know that what he has done so far (in my opinion) is the best theme integration so of any Stern machine Ive owned. Things like the bat-turn, cliff hanger continues, answering the bat phone, use of bat gadgets, use of the narrator sound alike, etc all give you that immersive theme integration that just isnt on many other games.
The theme integration aspect of the code development takes more time than the basic standard pinball rules. For example, when you battle a villain he wants to use appropriate clips from an episode with that villain that shows progression towards beating the villian as you progress through the mode. If you battle the same villain again he wants to use audio and video clips from a different episode so its not the same thing everytime.
He could have taken a quicker lazier approach of just showing generic head shots with a pow or bam over them as you do the mode but he wanted to be more detailed than that with his choice of video and audio. As I played the expo games more I noticed more of these types of changes.
I would rather he took his time thinking through how to best integrate the game rules with theme and have the modes be interesting and unique rather than just generic "chopping wood" type of feel that we have seen in other games. He said its trivial to program basic standard rules and point values for things but he doeant want to do just that for the game. He really wants each mode to have its own feel and draw you into the zany 60's world of Batman. The code thats in there so far does just that.
I asked.him about the continue mode after defeating Joker as I wasnt sure what was happeneing there. When I chose to continue Joker after intially defeating him all 6 gadget targets flashed in unison. Lyman said this was a hurry up mode he put there but the text and speech describing it as such needed to be put in still. After you start the hurry up by hitting one of the gadgets you fight he Joker again via gas bombs from your utility belt. Each shot I made showed of clip of him getting gassed. I later read someone mentioned that they could make the joker dizzy by shooting the spinner but I didnt see that part. So maybe you have a choice as to how to fight Joker when you continue his episode?
Im hoping the reason they didnt release the expo teaser code is that the code we get in the week or so has even more content and polish.
We didnt pressure Lyman for specific dates for completetion of anything because its impossible to accurately predict issues you dont know about until you see them. However he is painfully aware of everyones high expections and is doing everything he can to meet them. We will have a release in a week or so with others coming soon afterwards.
I was a little down on the code after the Stern talk at the start of expo but myself and the 2 other pinsiders all felt better about it after hearing lymans enthusiasm for the game first hand. It would be great if they had Lyman address it at the Stern talk himself so everyone else could hear it from him for themselves. Maybe a facebook chat "talk to the coder" or something similar could be tried" He really wants to make Batman66 a special game and if it takes longer than usual to do it than so be it. I think it will be worth the wait and am looking forward to upcoming code drops.
Bat calendar says great code is coming soon!

Were you able to get any tidbits on his path forward beyond fighting the big 4 villains? For instance, inclusion of Batgirl, Batuzi, or anything similar to Bat Turn?

#5517 6 years ago

Good point on the minor villains. I wonder what Lyman's vision is for implementing them, or maybe they're not going that route now with so much fuss and energy on the 4 major villains.

#5532 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, ive finished 0.75 code numerous times and its starting to get boring. In fact that was about 5 months ago. Ive also moded the game more than I want to. What do you want to talk about?

Same here. After 9 months I'm exhausted of chopping wood capturing the same four villains. I used to enjoy playing it, but there's not near enough variety to keep it fresh at present. I've also spent more than I should have on mods, so I'm in a holding pattern throwing more money at it. I'm letting it rest for the time being, and will revisit it after the next code update. The last thing I want to do is give up on it and sell it for a huge loss.

#5535 6 years ago

I wish I could be as forgiving as everyone else here. Call me from Missouri on this one, but I'll buy into all of this passion talk when it translates into game improvements and "fun." I'll show some patience once I see an update that makes the game more interesting and completes some of the things that are so glaringly missing. I really don't see how an option for more points and longer time to capture the same 4 villains is going to refresh the game very much.

Still, I'm the fool for pre-ordering this game, so there's nothing I can do at this point except try not get burned again.

#5540 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Please don't take this as me trying to be a dick but if it causes you that much heartache, why not sell the game?
Nobody likes to lose money and I understand you have modded it but wouldn't it be better to take your lumps, free up a space in the game room, take the money and buy a different game?
Again, not trying to be mean, just genuinely curious as to why you would put yourself through this?

Do you have any idea how much of a bath we would take selling our BM66 pins right now? I don't either, but given the notoriety of this game I suspect that it's probably in the $2K+ range and now is probably the worse possible time to sell given this weekend's Expo debacle. I paid $10K for an LE, added the topper Batlight and quite a few other mods so I suspect I'm very, very upside down right now. It's my fault, but I still charge Stern with a huge fumble on this one.

#5547 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

You may be surprised.
I heard more than one person at Expo say they wish they could get an LE and there are none for sale in the market right now.
I agree, bad time to sell with new code coming but a page or so ago I thought I remembered you posting that you felt physically ill about it. This is a hobby and should be fun, not make you sick.
Hopefully later this week the expo code will be released and we can get one step closer the the game we all want to play.

You're right about the physically ill part, kind of like the sick feeling you get when you find out a close friend has deceived you, or breaking up with someone. This weekend was a double whammy for me. I've backed and passionately defended Stern for years and easily spent $50K on their NIB games in the past 5 years, but this weekend brought a long overdue epiphany to me that I've been backing the wrong company. Worse is my realization that there just isn't enough progress or time for my grail theme BM66 to ever be completed like I hoped it would. I'm sure Lyman can make it better with probably one more intermediate-term update after whatever is in the hopper for next week, but reality dictates that he very soon must jump on Elvira(?) full time, and then I suspect that we'll go over a year before they "make another pass" on BM66 as they look back at it from their rear view mirror. After all, the assembly line must keep rolling and future big sellers like GotG, Iron Maiden, Beatles, Munsters, or whatever will rule the day. A year or so from now BM66 will settle about one rung above WWE in sales and be yesterday's news. I own plenty of other games to play and there are many non-Stern choices for great new games which I'll pursue, but I'm still very disappointed in what's happened this year with Stern and especially BM66. I know it's just business, but it feels personal right now.

1 week later
#5901 6 years ago

We must look like a bunch of hapless buffoons to Stern. They've got our pre-order BM66 money and we're strutting around complaining like Peacocks making honking noises every Thursday like we have some clout in the matter. Stern couldn't give a rat's ass about us and that's crystal clear right now, even us big spender $10K plus regular LE buyer folks. Four hundred LE-buying idiots will jump on GotG sight unseen in a few weeks and we'll be forgotten. I feel like a sack of sh@t being a part of this mess, but what can we do? Keep our wallets in our pockets when GotG is announced and that's the only game we got.

#5930 6 years ago

So, who's going to be the first to test out their node boards' temperance to this update?

#5931 6 years ago

The file sizes are different than previous updates. Like a couple of previous updates, this one has two files. But instead of roughly 3.7GB and 300K files sizes, this one has two that are similar in size, about 1.6GB and 1.9GB in size. One for game code and one for Spike II updates?

#5979 6 years ago

I've put about 6-7 games on the new code so far and it's a lot different. The s/w load went smooth. There are some new West callouts, such as ball one locked, shoot again, and such, but the volume seems a little louder than it should, as if they're about 20% louder than other call outs. In any case, they seem a little out of place so far, but maybe I'll get used to it after a few more games. There were also some music tempo changes that added to the game play. More vids as well.

I went through Penguin a few collect-or-continues deeper and heard some new call outs. It didn't go back to the crane after the first time continuing which was innovative, though I got tired of looking at the large Penguin picture on the LCD, probably because I was flailing around a lot. I scored a ton of points on this mode. I couldn't spend much time looking at the LCD for some parts, so I didn't see the Penguin floating using his umbrella. Maybe I missed it or didn't go deep enough.

I tried to go down the Riddler path once but couldn't complete him at all and was usually clueless about what to shoot, other than trying to hit the orbits. I'm largely color blind, so my vision might be the problem. The vid showing Batman and Robin getting a riddle seemed new to me, so I think this mode will be pretty good once I get used to it and figure out what to shoot. I think I'll concentrate on this mode the next few times I play.

I also flailed a bit too much on Joker and got to glimpse an odd picture on the screen for a long time, perhaps a close up of his utility belt, but I never jailed him either.

Catwoman was cool and seemed nicely fleshed out, but I was hitting the ramps pretty good for a change. Though, with the various light colors, I wasn't sure which shot was favored at a particular time. Probably color vision again.

I wasn't able to capture more than one villain per game, so at least I won't ever again be able to complain about seeing all that's available in one game. The main multiball seemed pretty much the same, though you get the balls a bit before the announcement that you're into multiball. I just flailed around, trying to keep the balls in play, so I'm not sure what to shoot here either.

Other notes: I didn't understand Bat Turn the couple of times I started it. The combos vids that I could see were nice. I also don't understand gadgets, though there's something going on there and lots of flashy lights and sometimes a Bat Computer award of one. There's also a callout about an award of an item for a utility belt, but I haven't had a chance to gaze at the LCD long enough to see if it reveals more about it. The TV inserts seemed more involved, probably indicating a minor villain loaded at the Riddler left orbit saucer. I didn't notice any taunting on villain vision yet, but I'm going to get a friend to play tomorrow and pay more attention to the screens.

I just can't yet tell if it's a hot mess or if there's a method to the madness of the modes. I'm leaning towards hot mess at this point, given that it's hard for me to figure out what to do in so many places. In any case, at least it's a different playing experience than what we've gnawed on for so many months and figuring it out should keep us busy for a few months.

#5981 6 years ago

Utility belt / Bat junk close up is very strange. Happened to me too.
I discovered that the 2nd and 3rd time through a villain, when the GADGET flashes, that's the shot you're supposed to hit to progress through the mode.

Yeah, I think Lyman has partially implemented the gadgets and they might be more important in the future. If so, that'll be cool and more along the lines of the television shows. I'd like to see some specific gadgets called out when you use one to defeat a villain. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this is fleshed out long-term.

#5991 6 years ago

One new angle on this code update is the ability to focus upon tackling one or two particular villains a game and explore how far they go, like let's say you're in a Joker mood for instance. I just put up about 539,000 points on Joker alone going through 3 collect-or-continues or however many it took to get to the end. I tried to do the same with Riddler and ended up collecting him after maybe 1 collect-or-continue. I didn't see an option to continue further, but I might have missed the screen graphic while paying attention to the playfield. Burt also has some ball lock call outs similar to West. His seem to fit better, though they also seem a little bit louder than the rest of the game. It's definitely higher scoring now. The extra ball seems rarer too. Each villain seems to have a picture that spends a lot of time on the screen during their modes, probably until a certain shot is made to trigger a video, though some start the picture earlier than others. Penguin has a large.....Penguin, Catwoman a bottle of Catnip, Joker has a close up of a utility belt, and Riddler a sign. It's probably my flailing that caused them to be on screen so much, but I'd like to see more variety and definitely a better picture for Joker.

#5993 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are you talking about the mini LCD - Villain Vision?
If so maybe they are place holder for the Villain Taunts??

These were on the main LCD. Honestly, I haven't had a chance to watch the mini TV much with the new update. It has some new stuff too, but I'm usually just trying to keep a ball in play after bricked shots. I haven't played the game in so long that I'm having to dial in the orbit shots again. There's a whole lot going on around the playfield now, between gadgets seeming to work somewhat, flashing TV inserts, the flashing Commissioner Gordon shot, sometimes the crane going if in Penguin, big LCD, little LCD, various colored arrows whose values I haven't exactly figured out yet, and a ball or balls moving around. It can definitely hit you with a sensory overload at times. Thank God for that little saucer in the back to give a short pause. One thing's for sure, it's not boring anymore.

#5995 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do hits to the crane, have more of a show to them now??

Not really anything beyond other modes for crane hits. The crane does help make it the most dynamic mode IMHO though. The giant stuffed Penguin picture is on the screen while you're flipping away most of the time in the beginning. When you hit the crane ball as it moves around and orbits (I think), a short video clip of Batman and Robin walking up the side of a building shows each time. After completing the crane shots and continuing past the first collect-or-continue opportunity, you get a picture of Penquin's gas spraying umbrella handle (crane is now off) and you have a center target and maybe others. After advancing instead of collecting again, you get a picture of a Penguin sign, K G Bird & Co which remains on the screen in between shots. Advancing past that turns the crane back on and shows a picture of Penguin's umbrella shop main entrance area. Shots to the crane ball now show clips of Batman and Penguin fighting in that same shop. You can keep hitting the moving crane ball or jail Penguin with a shot to the scoop around that point. It's an interesting mode, but I don't recall any unusual flashing light actions beyond the already busy stuff on the playfield, between the crane moving, video clips, gadget and tv inserts, etc.

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Taz, I noticed the audio, as well. Volume is louder on callouts and music and it doesn't seem as "smooth" if that makes any sense. I've never adjusted the speech and music attenuation nor do I know if that would make any difference.

I don't think that we can do anything about the uneven callouts and music right now by adjusting our games, without impacting all speech call outs. This is probably a problem for Lyman to adjust in the next code release. I figure he had to quickly dump a whole lot of stuff into this last update in order to get something out under the intense pressure of our negative online feedback. Why there wasn't more progress over the past 5 months is still a matter of debate, but that's water under the bridge at this point, I guess. There's a lot in the game now, but it needs a lot of TLC to get it polished, and I agree with Vireland that we're still in Alpha code, despite the progress. I guess it really is a "hot mess" right now, but should improve greatly in the next update. I'm still confused about what to shoot in many places, more so than any other game I own, so hopefully that can be polished up too. I'm also worried about getting Batuzi and a good Batgirl mode into the game given that Lyman must be up against a really tight schedule getting this game polished a good bit by the end of the year. We'll have to cross our fingers on this one until the next update.

#6053 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dialled In is pretty special, I played one a few weeks back and it totally blew me away. BM66 will be better than great once Lyman finishes the code, the update we just got makes it clear, that he has all the right ideas and things in place/in the pipeline for this game to achieve TWD levels of greatness.

I sure hope you’re right on TWD level of greatness. What Lyman did with that game was transformational! This .80 code drop added much needed game depth and I figure it’ll improve from there, but more and more I’m worried that some good stuff is going to be left “on the cutting room floor” given the time wall Lyman is up against with Elvira looming large. Based upon his Nov and Dec update forecast, I figure he’s got 2 months before having to move on.

Unlike most games such as TWD, I had some strong ideas on what could make BM66 really great. More out of the box stuff like Bat Turn, but there might not be enough time left. I’d like to see: Batuzi, assemble specific gadgets to build a Bat belt to improve score or progress when battling villains, a hurry up with those crazy foldable Bat shields, some sort of cool Batgirl mode, etc. So far most updates have largely focused on improving battles during the 4 primary villain modes. I’m greedy and want more. . I guess we’ll have a better idea by New Years.

#6080 6 years ago
Quoted from Phantomtracer:

I'm looking for a new pin and BM66 is on the short list. Aside from the code issue which sounds like it will be resolved in the next few months how are the game shots? Does the game have flow? Is it fast?
Thanks for input.

I wouldn't call BM66 a traditional flow game, but that doesn't mean it's not good. The orbits are very tight, but satisfying to hit. I really like the layout, but some people don't. This is one you should play before you pay if you can.

1 week later
#6311 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anyone know if the riddler mode can be continued like the others? Every time i play it i can't continue it like i can with the other 3. Have i missed something?

I had the same problem on .80 but I haven’t played the update yet. I thought I might have hit the wrong shot or didn’t solve the riddle.

#6318 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think the update is superb. The polish is really starting to show and the sound was so much better.
Just need to get better at hitting the commissioner gordon target, struggle with it!
Neil.

Have the West call outs been leveled out a bit?

#6320 6 years ago

I just loaded .81. Upload went smoothly again, whew! It’s always a pucker time because I fear the dreaded node board failure. This version is nicely polished compared to .80. I asked about the callout volume earlier. As Vireland said, it’s much better. Many of West’s call outs are still rough, but I think that was just the state of his voice when he recorded them. I think Burt’s are better.

I was able to progress through 3 mode continue options on Catwoman. I didn’t pay attention to the graphics though. Joker is a lot better now and though it does still show that odd belt closeup in one place, there’s also a cool looking Joker toy doll after progressing past the belt which is pretty fast.

By the way what is the goal of multiball? Is it just points? I played it a couple of times and all lights seemed to stay the same (green ?) no matter what I shot. It did stack with a mode though, so I got a little ways through Joker with it....I think. It would be nice to win some gadget hardware in multiball.

Okay, so most of the main villain meat is in the game, outside of Riddler, and it’s much deeper now. I hope we still get some cool stuff added outside of the four main villains. A lot more gadget / batbelt stuff would be nice. There’s a little bit in the game but I want more added and more obvious rather than random. At present you have to hit the flashing gadget row to progress at one point, I think I saw that in Joker mode. It would be nice if we could see various gadgets collected and maybe select one to put in play periodically based upon what was used in the series at that moment. Perhaps that might be too time consuming though.

I’m also hopeful that Minor Villains implementation can also add a little more variety to the game. I like what’s there but I fear it could become chopping wood over time if we’re almost constantly in one of those four main villain modes. I think some whimsical things outside of the main villain modes would help.

#6327 6 years ago

Yep; just shoot the green arrows for points. Shoot 15 of them and the turntable turns to the pile for SJP. It's nice to have a shot multiplier on that SJP when you hit it. SJP as of .75 was supposed to also Add-a-ball, but it never did. I'm unsure if that's still the plan.

Okay thanks! I did see the turntable move positions near the end, but I doubt I ever hit the SJP. I was just flailing around trying to keep the balls in play and then I noticed that the scoop was flashing end of Joker mode. Given the new depth of the villain modes it seems like we'll most likely get to multiball before we complete more than 2 villains. It would be cool if we could collect some batbelt mojo out of it.

#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman might actually outdo himself and put BM66 over the top past TWD. With the Lcd its a given.

I'm also hopeful, but I don't think it's a sure thing just yet. We absolutely must have some stuff to do outside of the four primary villains, or it's going to have a chopping wood feeling, no matter what Lyman does. We need Batgirl, Batuzi, better Batbelt / gadget stuff to accelerate game play, etc., to put it over the top. Continue to give it more depth to the 4 primary villains and it'll be okay, but not great. Right now it's cool to go through the depth of Catwoman or Penguin's modes, but it's a dead end afterwards and in my case I'm not good enough to go after more villains. How many times can regular multiball be fun (twice a game lately when I have a great game) when all the shots are green the whole time for points with no other progress apparent goal? Good yes, but not a contender for TWD just yet. I'm probably spoiled having it sit between MMR and TWD, because they are still blowing it away, though the margin has decreased thanks to .81.

#6420 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I haven't gotten deep into the new code, but there is NO WAY Lyman is going to leave any aspect of this game as "chopping wood", even if parts of it seem that way today because it isn't completed.
"In Lyman we trust" and I'm pretty pumped about the prospects now that there is movement again.

I sure hope you're right. As cool as Penguin, Catwoman, etc., are, it takes all my pinball mojo to core drill all the way through one, or at most one and a half of them. The video episode linkage is outstanding and the villain story telling upon continuation of each mode has improved greatly with the most recent updates. In fact, it's amazing, so I have to give credit where credit is due on that part, but it's also a little unsatisfying to me so far now that I've gone through the same modes a few times. I'd like to see some short term whimsical stuff added for variety. Otherwise, we're going to almost always be in one of four different lengthy modes. In minor villains Lyman could add a dynamic that totally blows this up, and I hope he does. Some sort of mini-wizard or shortcut to one of the other villains after going all the way through a major villain could also improve game play. Or maybe, I just need to improve my game play.

#6603 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

J85M - I am interested in Option 2

Me too.

#6686 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My batsignal projector mod is almost done. Just got my laser cut logo's in and tried them out tonight and they look great. If you have low ceilings like me or other space constraints this will be a much more flexible alternative to the Stern version.

That's really nice Doc. I've got the aftermarket Stern version and it fortunately doesn't have the scratches and such on the lenses that many experienced, still your projection there is much better. Yet another aftermarket BM66 engineering superiority over Stern's weak ass attempts. How could they possibly screw up so many things on this game, from code to QC, to ramps, to bat signal projector, etc?

#6741 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

v0.83 is out!
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le
V0.83.0 - Nov. 21, 2017
=======================
- Added 4 mini-TVs to the LCD display to show effects and scores for
stacked modes. The most recently started mode is shown in the large TV.
Any previous mode occupying the large TV is pushed down to a small TV
from left to right, top to bottom.
- Added a first part for Mr. Freeze mode (episodes 53/54). Shoot 6 blue
(ice) shots to finish. Shoot red shots to turn them blue. Defeating
Mr. Freeze will stop most timed things from counting down (for the rest
of the ball, for now).
- Added a mode for Egghead (episodes 47/48, Egg Fight). All switches
score 250,000 and build a jackpot that can be lit on one of the shots
by using the gadget button. Once the jackpot is lit, the points from
the switches stop adding to the jackpot. The mode ends when time runs
out or when the jackpot is collected.
- Mr. Freeze "frozen" timers for villain escape will allow points to be
added from switches for the duration of the mode instead of terminating
that portion of the scoring when the multiball starts.
- Added minor villain modes to criteria for timed modes, so ADD MORE TIME
from MYSTERY works correctly.
- Reworked Bat Turn award display effect so it doesn't take so long.

On a good news note, at least you're not as late letting everyone know as the guy at Stern that supposedly sends us the Commissioner Gordon e-mail updates when new code is available. I never got an e-mail for the last update, or this one so far.

#6744 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There may be some other problem then. I gotten them all so far. The announcement of .83 was sent out within a half hour of the code being posted on the site.

Hmm, I haven't a clue. I guess it's not worth worrying about thanks to the great people and quick news updates in this awesome club thread. Still, it's another great mystery of how I got dropped off the distro list from the .7 codes to the .8 codes. I'll add this mystery to the other great BM66 question marks that don't belong to Riddler: decision to go with a lock bar sticker instead of something metal like TWD, GoT, etc., the long Summer drought in code, a loose screw and washer I never figured out where went, and how Batuzi will be implemented, among others.

#6820 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In between 3 hours of beating the new code out of my game I decided I just couldn't accept that cake dish mini phone. It hurt spending close to $60 on all that crap to hate the result but live and learn.... So we decided we would offer a lower cost spot on solution for those like us that hate the dog phone. The New "Batphone" is a completely scale translucent ABS phone with a full 6 LED board custom inserted into the base. The internal area is purposefully cored to allow even light through the phone for a full lighting effect! Looks Awesome though taking a picture of it flashing was a challenge.... The phone is completely plug and play with a direct wire harness attached. No drilling is required as the wire harness goes through the existing hole and removable Gorilla double side clear tape is used to mount. As a final detail each phone dial is hand painted with silver dial and red Button for that final touch!! These will ship next week. Cost per Batphone kit is $26.50 with Free US shipping. We hope you like this improvement and thanks as Always for your support. PM for availability and order.
The Mod Couple

Heck, I'll take one. To be honest, I wish you had designed the entire game.

#6965 6 years ago

I know some BM66 club members are also following the GotG threads. I was just over on one and read about the badly botched call outs which sound nothing like the movie actors. As much as I've been critical of BM66 code, at least the license is whole and about as complete as we could hope for, minus the movie, of course. We also have Lyman on code instead of Lonnie, so I think we dodged several bullets. Music and call outs are increasingly a risk when buying a NIB game because that info is generally not known initially. As much as I've been peeved about BM66 code status, it saved me from pre-ordering GotG, which I almost certainly would have done had it not provoked me into boycotting Stern NIB games. Whew! I hope the owners who did bite can find some sort of TWD-like solution.

#7032 6 years ago

Wow, Lyman found time to fit that update in while under the gun on BM66? At least we know that he still plays the "long" game when it comes to perfecting game code. Now, we've got to get all the great code call out and music modifiers back into action.

1 week later
#7301 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now that Batman is about a year old I wanted to see how owners and former owners feel about the game and where it's going
Are you still glad you got the game?
Would you have still bought it had you known a year ago what you know now?
If you sold it, are you thinking of getting it back?
Do you think the game is a long term keeper in your collection (> 3 years)?
Any playfield or cabinet issues?
Other thoughts?
(My answers: YES/NO/NA/YES/NO)
Batman has been a tough ride in the last year. I'm very glad I got the game, especially because I was fortunate enough to get an LE. From an art package standpoint I like the LE the best, especially since they put the Batgirl side art on the LE instead of the Premium.
The modders have really improved the turntable - the part of the playfield that Stern really fumbled. The yelobird/docquest options for Atomic Pile, Phone and Batcave sections blow away the stock Atomic Pile, dog chew toy phone and pink Batmobile spinner (and horrible flat black toy car). We are very fortunate to have so many passionate and creative modders that have gone above and beyond for this game.
The early word was that Batman 66 was just going to be a retheme of BDK. George clearly improved the game with the turntable and using the small LCD as a TV was brilliant. Batman was the ideal pick for Stern's first LCD game. And with all the complaints on audio and video assets on recent games, Batman has no limits. It seems Stern can literally use any audio or video from the entire series and they have the custom callouts from both Adam and Burt. Absolutely blows away anything else Stern or JJP has.
Many complain that the playfield is too open because of the crane, but that doesn't bother me. I don't like the clunkiness and instability of the left ramp, but expect the new ramp to take care of that (and look so much better without the plastic flap). My biggest issue with the playfield are the orbit shots which are rarely smooth (even after relocating the blue pad from the outside of the left ramp entrance to the inside).
The code was really wasn't exciting until a few weeks ago. Because of that I really didn't play the game much from January until Thanksgiving. It was a real risk taking a gamble on the box of lights Stern called Batman a year ago. Like many, I only took that risk because Lyman was in charge of the code. Despite Batman being a dream theme for me (one I thought would never be realized), I wouldn't have considered buying an incomplete game if Lyman wasn't involved.
We saw an early surprise with Parachute Pickup mode which was an unqualified winner with everyone. And now it's clear that Lyman is taking theme integration to the max by having each major villian play out an actual episode of the series starting with the Batphone ringing, Bruce and Dick going to the Batpoles and then the exit to Gotham sequence (and the brilliance of extending those segments based on how many times you hit the Commissioner Gordon target), followed by a logical defeat the villian and then the cliffhanger options to continue. About as tightly as you could integrate the series into the game. Which looks to continue with the minor villians.
From a structure standpoint all that's really missing is bringing Batgirl into the game for more than just the cameo appearance in the escape mode. (I would love to see a mode where the Barbara to Batgirl transformation and Batcycle cycle exit sequence takes the place of To the Batpoles/Batmobile exit sequence. Maybe use the Season 3 Penguin Enter Batgirl or the Siren episodes?). I'd like to see some other non-episode based mode (like parachute pickup) and a final wizard mode, but it sure seems like whatever Lyman has in mind is going to be great. Eventually.
Based on my serial number and build date, it seems like I have an early game. I put a full playfield protector on the game after just a few games so I don't know if my playfield is a good one or not or if it would now be full of craters and ghosted inserts. I think my biggest disappointment with the game was that I even had to consider putting a protector on the game in the first place.
I'm glad I got the game and it looks like it will turn out well. It is absolutely a keeper for me. But I don't think I'd want to take the journey again.

To be honest, I'm very bit conflicted at this point, though trending from disappointed to happier lately. The game has made great progress on code recently, though the Summer code gap is still inexplicable. I also still remember all of the loose hardware when I unboxed the game, the left ramp needing to be re-engineered, all of the Mod Couple's necessary mods, which as fitting as they are, point to a poor engineering effort by Stern. The theme is superb, the art is outstanding, the code is getting better finally, but Stern really screwed the pooch here to the point of losing me as a future NIB buyer, though not all is lost for us BM66 early adopters,......just yet. I still worry if Stern will nail the landing though. Code implementation of Batgirl, Batusi, something cool to do outside of the villain modes, etc., are lacking so far. I like where the code has improved lately, though it's still too deep into only 4 different modes, which seems awkward. We really need something outside of the modes to level it out a bit, IMHO.

Soooo, I'm cautiously optimistic at this point which is an improvement from a few months ago, after previously being cautiously optimistic only to become progressively disappointed and then severely pissed off.

3 weeks later
#7753 6 years ago

.85 code up this evening about 20 minutes ago.

#7755 6 years ago

It's downloading slooooowwwwly.

#7757 6 years ago

It looks like some decent progress from the "read me"......if I can ever finish downloading it (looks like a 30 minute download for me right now). Without King Tut and Bookworm though, I hope this isn't our last update before Lyman cuts over to Elvira. Also......please don't......forget......Batgirl!

#7767 6 years ago

I finally got my game updated so here's my two cents. No node board problems with update, though it was slow, but that could be the frigid temperatures. I didn't do the last update due to my schedule in December, but I'm glad I did this one. After a couple of games I can confirm that Shame and Mad Hatter are in the game and Shame is a great two ball multiball, which was cool with some running cattle vids. Riddler still did not give me the option to advance or check out, unless I missed it. I think I was able to start Mad Hatter without being in a villain mode, which was a surprise and was pretty cool if that's the case, though it seemed inferior to the other minor villains unless I was distracted playing pinball. I wish the main multiball had some obvious objective rather than everything being lit, but that's been the case since the beginning. That multiball is okay, but it seems to be missing something. The S/W update loads with pretty loud volume, just FYI. I like it a lot and I've been pretty critical of the game. I just hope that we get the two remaining minor villains, Batgirl and a few more tricks besides the minor villains in another update before Lyman cuts to Elvira or whatever.

#7830 6 years ago

Dang, all the latest posts in this thread focus on mods and cabinet brackets which makes me think no one is playing the new code. The new code is obscene! I've been a big critic of the game in the past, but now it's so intense with the latest code that I can hardly keep up with what is going on. Today, I had Villain Escape going with Bat Turn and Two Egg.....I think. I love those egg pops. I used a gadget as I drained in Joker mode and it gave me the ball back. I'm still not sure what really happened, but Holy Ball Save Batman, if that's what really happened. While I had a different vision for the game, I can see now that it's going to be a balls to the walls game, which is good in it's own right. I can't wait to see how this game ends up. There's no way someone who plays the current code can bitch about it now......and we probably still have Tut, Bookworm, Batgirl, and Batsui still in the hopper. I hope.

#7867 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What do you mean with « I used a gadget »?
Another question: what is the use of lockbar button? Only points?

Periodically during the game you earn utility belt gadgets by complete spelling "gadget" by hitting the standup letters on the left side, or being rewarded one from the top saucer. You'll know because the center button will start flashing. Hit that button and it'll complete an extra shot towards completing the mode, maybe a multiball lock, or perhaps re-add a just drained ball, etc.

Shame is a "minor" villain, the cowboy. His mode is a two ball multiball. To start it you have to hit the saucer at the top of the game when it has a "minor" villain loaded. The TV standups/inserts on the right below the scoop are the way to minor villains and you'll know because a TV insert on the left orbit will light. When you cleanly shoot the left orbit after that and end up in the saucer you'll get the opportunity to cycle between the "minor" villains and use the center button to select Shame. You can earn Shame that way whether you're in a "major" villain mode or not.

It's gonna take a lot of work to write up the rules to this game when it's finished.

#7869 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What's fun is when you get 4-5 tvs going, then you can really surf it up.

Heck yeah! I've only had three little TVs up at the same time so far and it was awesome, I was shooting anything I could and praying not to drain. This game takes stacking modes to a super level.

#7969 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I know your gonna laugh at this,but,what is a Joker stand up target???

Two targets under the little tv on the rotisserie. They’re side by side but at an angle to each other.

1 week later
#8149 6 years ago

Has anyone got enough time on the mini villain modes to rank order them by favorites yet?

#8157 6 years ago

Was just thinking about this the other day. My list is based on shot selections, video clips, music and sound effects. Shame and Bookworm are very close but Shame wins based on killer music. Hate to say it but Mr. Freeze is kinda boring. King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain. Here's my list starting with my most favorite:
King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Thanks! I don't have any time on the last update yet, which added Tut and Bookworm, but my list is similar. I really like Egghead and Shame and find Hatter and Freeze to be the least captivating of the first four implemented. Any Batman villain is great actually, I just really prefer the clips and sounds of Egghead and Shame. I can't wait to dig into some King Tut though, I'm sure he'll be amazing too.

#8188 6 years ago

I just updated my BM66 Pinside game review and rating based upon the recent code progress. Its amazing how far the game has come since November. I left a little room to squeeze in further update improvements and the addition of Batgirl. I hope most of the initial reviewers will do the same, given how significant the improvements are.

#8302 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I recently purchased a BM66 and the production date was December 20, 2017.

That's interesting. I guess Stern opened up the production line for a run of the game in anticipation of the most recent couple of code updates sparking more sales. I figured there were still games collecting dust in distributors stock from last Summer, thanks to the great BM66 code quagmire of course. Maybe the game is already selling a little better than some of us thought.

#8317 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit the scoop until the batphone starts ringing. Hit batphone. The other thing is you can keep playing penguin even after to capture him.

If you play like I do, you'll have to fight off Penguin from starting sometimes. I try to start with Catwoman and/or Riddler early in my games, but the ball falls into the scoop (Penguin's territory) regularly, so you'll get more than your share of Penguin. Of course, Penguin is also the big points.

#8332 6 years ago

Yes, Villain Escape!

#8411 6 years ago

Four files now in this update. I don't think it's going to fit on my usual 8GB flash drive. Has anyone had to go to a larger drive on this update?

#8508 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

This is my next pinball machine. I don't know why their is such hate towards this game. I can't walk by one and NOT play it. Besides Ghost busters, this is my better half, this is her go to game. If anyone doesn't want their machine anymore, hit me up.

The hate goes back to some early drama with the game, some totally unrelated to game play. (1) The additional price of BM66 as a boutique game and no pro version angered a lot of people on Pinside, who felt priced out of buying one, which also resulted in at least 3 early BM66 hate threads, maybe as many as 5. I can't remember exactly, but there were and probably still are some bitter people out there, including the typical Stern haters. (2) Additionally, Stern in an effort to make the game an anniversary game moved it in front of Aerosmith and released it far too early, probably a year too early in retrospect. There wasn't time to refine the engineering (left ramp, Batmobile attachment, etc). Gomez also promised updates every couple of weeks which worked at the beginning and end, but then Stern went dark on game code this past Summer to Expo. This resulted in not one, but two botched Expos for the game due to incomplete code, and quite frankly the giant code silence over the Summer and second Expo debacle scared the crap out of some of us who owned the game. (3) There are play aspects of the game that some people just don't like. Some early complaints were the open playfield, long shots, ringing bat phone, and slow spinning rotisserie. Personally, those don't bother me, but I will agree that the left orbit is tight and results in lots of rejects. I equate that, kind of, to the Gem shot on Tron. I love both games, so it's just extra challenge IMHO.

However, after last Expo, the code updates started to pour in, and over the past 6 weeks the game has blown the roof off in fun and code depth. If Lyman adds Batgirl as a mode and Villain Taunting on the playfield TV, or something along those lines in future updates, BM66 will bump Lyman's TWD code transformation out of the number 1 spot. It's close already and probably already there in some owners' minds. The theme is nostalgic, the LE truly is limited, and the license agreement seems to have included everything: 120 episodes of video clips, sounds, music, call outs, and even personalized call outs by Adam West and Burt Ward.

Oh, and it's a great game to mod and add toys too. There are so many ways to pretty up the game, plus lots of great owners in this thread who have released their own mods and shared ideas with the whole owners club. I've bought cool mod stuff from at least three other owners in this thread and I'm not finished yet.

#8588 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

My day today, joined the club:

Welcome to the club! It’s good to see more people getting in. Maybe Stern’s bean counters will make a correlation between good code leading to better sales and happier customers. Hopefully, some of that concept might eventually trickle over to GotG as well.

1 week later
#8736 6 years ago

So, has anyone played enough on the latest update to share some wisdom on completing the minor villains? Which are easier, what are the completion strategies, higher scoring, etc? I don’t think I’ve managed to complete a single one yet, though I haven’t played much lately. I’ve got Batuzi on my mind this weekend.

#8738 6 years ago

Tut seems to be the easiest for me to complete. I beat him almost every time. I had 2 season inserts lit last night but couldn't get the third. I defeated Tut and Bookworm. If you can get a multiball going at the same time that will really help. Is it 10 shots to defeat a minor villain?

Funny, those were the two I was thinking as well. I’m going to try and avoid the other modes other than maybe one major villain mode and focus on minor villains for some games and see what happens. That’s actually hard for me though. Lately I’ve been trying to stack as much as possible together at once to get more little TVs up on the big screen running together. I recently had a major villain, minor villain, Bat Turn, and multiball going together. It was awesome and every shot helped out something! Is this game awesome now, or what? Now we need one or two more separate modes like Bat Turn so that we can stack even more.

But first.....Batusi!

#8741 6 years ago

My weekend's Quest for Batusi! Warning Batusi spoilers below. Well, my quest failed....fairly anyway, because my pinball skills suck. Finishing minor villains is difficult, even on 5 balls. There's just not enough time unless you can solidly smack that left orbit for a mystery time extension which happens to be active, for a measly 20 extra seconds, or maybe stack a multiball and play it well. Another distraction is other modes popping up, such as Bat Turn and Major Villains. They're difficult to ignore and keeping them in the background complicates a strategy of going just for Batusi.

I found the Mad Hatter the way to go in Season 1 as I could complete him without too much drama. Season 3 is only King Tut so that's all you can do there at the moment, so I went after Season 3 second, which with mystery award time extension and good shooting, is possible. Season 2 was the hardest for me, so I finally had to take the glass off and finish Mr. Freeze that way. I couldn't even finish Two Egg in time with the glass off, that's how bad I am at pinball. Or maybe, I don't understand the various flashing colors well enough. Mr. Freeze's shots made sense, but I still haven't broken the code on Two Egg.

I put the glass back on for Batusi, so it didn't last very long at all. Batusi is a multiball with all game balls. As expected based upon the episode where Batusi was revealed, in the game videos Batman & Robin drive up to a club, but Robin is too young to go in. Most of the freeze scenes in between making shots start with Robin in the car, so you have to go a little deep into Batusi to see Batman doing the dance. I didn't make it that far because looking up to check out the screen video clips is drain death in a frenzied multiball.

A minor villain time limit of 45 seconds is tight, as just one or two missed shots and there's just not enough time to complete what's needed, at least at my skill level and amid the distraction of other modes running concurrently. Of course, there's probably already a setting for longer mode times in the game, I just haven't looked yet. I don't know how, but I'd suggest more flare be added to the Batusi mode. From what I saw today, it's actually less interesting than nearly all other modes in the game at this point and not worth the effort to get there, unless it gets to popping after completing more shots, or perhaps there's a treasure trove of points.

#8744 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...thanks for the update!!!! Will attempt your approach, and am quite convinced the glass is coming off the next time I go at it ( I'm barely average, at best as a player, compared to what I see posted here in different threads). Anxious to see Batusi, for however long!!!...

That’s great! I hope you can add more thoughts about the path of least resistance through the minor villains and if you can make it, hopefully dive deeper into Batusi to see how many shots it takes to actually see some Batusi. Watching Robin sit in the Batmobile in an alley was disappointing.

#8745 6 years ago

I was just thinking about my games this weekend focusing on reaching Batusi. Lately, I’ve been playing trying to stack as much as possible at the same time without regard to finishing anything in particular, just for the fun of it. It turns out that if you play long enough that’ll happen whether you want it to or not.

I ended up repetitively stacking almost everything this weekend (other than Villain Escape) even though I was trying to avoid it. I avoided the magnet as much as I could when the Batphone was ringing, but I couldn’t avoid it forever because once it starts ringing most shots restart it with different major villains until a ricochet (usually from a TV standup) crosses the magnet. I ended up battling Riddler over and over again just obsessing after the left orbit to keep starting minor villains. At one point I was trying to complete Two Egg with Riddler, Bat Turn, and Multiball going at the same time. It was total chaos trying to manipulate the center button to keep Two Egg on the screen for a measly 45 seconds. The left orbit is virtually unobtainium while in multiball, so no mystery award time extensions.

You just can’t not do it! . What a game, I can’t think of another pin like BM66.

#8750 6 years ago

Season 2 Egghead should be the easiest of all since you control when to end it.
Looking forward to the next release that should round off some of the rough edges.

Hmm, maybe that's my problem. I've finished Mr. Freeze several times, but it always seems like when I'm in Two Egg I end up in multiball. It might be that opening Two Egg right orbit shot after I've been trying to avoid the right orbit prior to that.

#8777 6 years ago

Powder coating, powder coating, powder coating! . Anyone playing their games since .87 update? How about some dialogue about the minor villain strategies, major villain options besides Penguin, mode stacking, etc. Someone please share some game play tales, even tall tales.

#8826 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Wonder why they removed stacking? Reboots?

I guess it just didn't make sense anymore with so many other modes stacking up: major villain, minor villain, bat turn, and either multiball or villain escape. It's easy to have four modes running at the same time with just one major villain going. I can't imagine the chaos of 7 modes going at the same time.

#8860 6 years ago
Quoted from textaddict:

Just FYI for batman/Stern owners who also run MacOSX - I have 2x had problems with code files downloaded using Safari. Switched over to Firefox and the update works fine. Not sure why it doesn't like the files downloaded using Safari - seems like the update just hangs at certain places and never progresses to the end. I ran into this problem 2x because I forgot to use Firefox this time and got another hang during the update.

For the last two updates I’ve had to use mw Windows 10 computer to download, format the flash drive, and transfer the unzipped code to my flash drive. I previously used my Windows 7 notebook computer, but it can’t seem to do the job any longer. Tons of frustrating hang ups moving the files to the flash drive.

#8866 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I got all 3 villains but Riddler and every time i hit the phone another completed villain starts. Where on the playfield do you shoot to hit Riddler to make him start?

It takes a couple of shots to the orbits. The danger though, is that before you answer the phone as it rings to report the Riddler on the loose, the ball unintentionally falls into the scoop, or hits a ramp. If that happens, you'll answer the phone and end up battling Penguin usually, or Cat Woman.

#8893 6 years ago

I love my BM66, but I can’t deny the awesomeness of MMR. Those two are my “evergreen” keeper games. Plus female guests significantly prefer MMR, though oddly IM also gets its fair share of lady love too.

Given your lineup, as good as it is, MMR wouldn’t be the pin I’d suggest moving. As someone already said, BM66 is more of a long ball game, similar to LOTR. I like having both long and short games in my collection to fit my mood and time available to play.

Good luck with this tough, tough decision!

#8904 6 years ago

So true. I was playing Bookworm and hit a dozen shots and played until the timer expired and I STILL didn't beat him! I wish Shame would continue even after you drain the first ball. It can be frustrating with minor villains because I think they're harder to beat than the major ones. Which kinda doesn't make sense IMO.

I think they’re harder too. The time limit is tough among the chaos of other modes running concurrently. If you brick the left orbit twice or more you probably can’t extend the timer in time. I once thought Bookworm might be low hanging fruit to Batusi and I was wroooong. Season 1 easiest is either Tut or Hatter, IMHO.

#8910 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone remember the minor villian selection order from left to right?

Going from my memory, which is flawed:

Season 1: Mad Hatter, Bookworm, King Tut
Season 2: Two Egg, Mr. Freeze, Shame
Season 3: King Tut, only so far

#8954 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

taz and others will be able to give you a more in depth opinion to gameplay

I was extremely critical of BM66 game play last Summer when you could literally see the entire game on 3 good balls. That's changed a lot over the past 5 updates or so. Like others have said, the theme immersion is very good. Apparently, the license allows content from any of 120 episodes, including call outs and video clips, plus custom call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. As you go through villain modes, it advances through a series of events from a particular episode involving that villain. It's not just thrown together (as I've heard about GotG), the video clips are linked together appropriately. So, the more shots made, the more you see of the struggle between Batman/Robin and that particular villain: usually a fight, sometimes investigative work, the classic walking up the side of a building, or in the case of Joker, him laughing at the Dynamic Duo and fighting, etc.

The game is on code version .87 and probably around that percentage complete as I type this, and most obviously, it's missing a few more Minor Villain opportunities in Season 3 and Batgirl, which are hopefully coming shortly, probably along with a combined wizard mode. At present, there are 10 villain modes in the game, four Major Villains, and 6 Minor Villains. Some of the Minor Villains will have more than one mode, such as King Tut being a Minor Villain in both Season 1 and Season 3 (different episodes featured though). The Major Villains have a continue option that allows a quick checkout with less points, or the opportunity to fight them deeper into their modes for more points. The primary multiball is a Batcave fight between the Dynamic Duo and Joker/Penguin. It's generally achieved through 3 locks to the rotisserie out of the right orbit, or/and a mystery award and is unrelated to progress in either Major or Minor Villains. Shame is a Season 2 Minor Villain and also a two ball multiball, the only one in the game at present.

There's only one "at large" mode in the game at present and that's Bat Turn. It's a cool mode and stacks with whatever else is going on at the time. There are two primary ways to attack the game right now, each ending in mini wizard modes. Capture the four Major Villains, whether jailing them early or later doesn't matter, to achieve multiball through Villain Escape, though jailing early has huge point consequences. Complete at least one Minor Villain from each of the 3 Seasons and achieve multiball through Batusi. IMHO, Batusi is more difficult to achieve than Villain Escape due to how the Minor Villain modes are timed presently (time can sometimes be extended 20 seconds by a Mystery Award from left orbit). There's arguably about 27 modes in the game at present, if you count the various 3-4 depth layers and continue options of each Major Villain, a couple of King Tuts, multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.

The game is already pure chaos and a massive stacking adventure. It's not uncommon to have a Major Villain, Minor Villain, and Bat Turn going at the same time, and even possibly a multiball. Four modes is the most I've been able to get going at once and they show up as small TV screens on the main display to show what all is running. You can switch between the modes using the center button in order to prioritize the mode you're most interested in as the mode you can hear and see on the playfield. Good luck trying to move around between modes a little while stacked in multiball, without quickly losing those balls. With three or four modes going at the same time, it's nearly impossible to follow a particular mode and Minor Villains often get lost in the shuffle of stacked modes, making them sometimes difficult to complete due to time lost keeping them prioritized, even in multiball. After a ball drains the Minor Villain modes are ended, but Major Villain mode progress continues on to the next ball. Gadgets factor in a little bit for adding shots with the press of a button, but they aren't yet enabled to anything spectacular or differentiated between types of gadgets, like I hope they might be by the end, though I doubt it will happen.

IMHO, the left orbit is the most important shot in the game. It's half of what's needed for Riddler, Mystery Awards, Extra Balls, and starting Minor Villains. It's a tight shot and easily bricked until you dial it in while playing. Once you start hitting it regularly, the game takes off. The rotisserie is usually not a distraction to me, other than I'm sometimes ahead of it to answer the Batphone if I quickly get control of the ball out of the right scoop. There are scoring strategies, as pointed out by others in this thread, such as in Penguin. Also, another cool challenge is trying not to restart Major Villains. Such as lining up Riddler to go and before you hit the magnet to answer the phone, it falls into the Penguin scoop and triggers Penguin who you might have already played. I think there's a setting for that, but I like the extra challenge later in the game. There are also combos which will produce various cool bat vehicles crossing the screen.

I find BM66 to have longer ball play than most of my games, other than Avengers, but it seems to be just about right for this game. I don't know if there's a way to setup the game to make the tight orbit shots easier. Some have tweaked the left orbit to widen it up a bit by moving the left ramp's left outside blue pad (near the entry to the ramp) to the inside of the left ramp. Regardless, there is a little bit of flailing around sometimes if you aren't on target. Also, to be fair to the playfield layout design, a little bit of side to side flailing is desirable as it helps build up gadgets and light TVs (necessary for Minor Villains) without a high risk of out lane drains. Once the modes start though, there's too much chaos to notice much. Oh, and another thing I've noticed. It's impossible to try to focus just on Minor Villains, for instance. The rest of the game modes insist on participating. The episodes chosen for the villains are superb. From Shame's "Batfella" quote to Tut calling an event "in accordance with the prophecy," to the splatter of eggs popping during Two Egg, to Joker saying, "get him Pengy," it's classic Batman entertainment immersion.

There are lots of mods developed with TLC by owners available in this thread, from a lit Batsignal for the back of the game, improved topper Batsignal, lots of Yelobird mods like the Atomic Pile, the Batparachute Van, left ramp upgrade, etc.

#8956 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Can you take a picture of what you did to make the left orbit flow better?

I haven't made the change yet, but many others have discussed it in this thread. On the outside of both sides of the left ramp at the ramp entry there are blue pads. The change is to move the blue pad on the outside left of the ramp to the inside of the ramp creating a little bit more room for the left orbit. I plan to get around to that as soon as I do some preventive shoring up of my cabinet.

#8963 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So is there any advantages to playing or completing certain minor villains before others? Are there rewards for completing minor or major villains? And how do you qualify batsui mb?

Most of us are still sorting out the Minor Villains, as they're the newest part of the code, so take whatever we say with a grain of salt until you can spend some time on them. They're the most interesting part of the game to me though and on .87 code you have a choice of the following, each with unique rules and difficulty. Also, once attempted, they're locked out from further attempts, even if you don't complete them.

Season 1 - Mad Hatter, King Tut, Book Worm
Season 2 - Two Egg, Mr. Freeze, Shame
Season 3 - King Tut

To get to Batusi you must "complete," not start one from each season (your choice) which lights the Season inserts, then hit a solid left orbit to the Batsignal. Season 2 seems to be the hardest for me, even though you only have one option for Season 3 at present. I've been to Batusi once and took the path of Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and King Tut. I've completed both King Tuts and Mad Hatter multiple times, but the others seem much more difficult to me for some reason. They're complicated by almost always being stacked with other modes and on timers, so a couple of bricked shots that get to slinging around uncontrolled can eat your time up.

Mr. Freeze was recently updated to add the Dynamic Duo in snow cones. His is a very "cool" mode. You shoot flashing red lights to turn them white and then shoot them again to put the light out. Shame is a two ball multiball that as far as I know, I've not come close to finishing. Once one of the balls drain, and it's not a long ball save, you're out of Shame mode. I tend to select Shame when on my final ball knowing the end is near, to try and get a little extra mileage out of that two baller against other running modes. As someone mentioned earlier, Book Worm is supposed to be easier once you've completed some other minor villains. Like Shame I have a 100% failure rate on Book Worm so I can't add anything to that. Someone previously mentioned that Two Egg shouldn't be that hard either, but each time I start him I seem to drain quickly. It must those egg shots to the head.

Others might chime in with more specifics on various Minor Villain modes.

#8965 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Once you ply a through all the minor villains, they all become unlocked to play through again. Not 100% sure if completed ones become unlocked too, I'd imagine they would.

That's good news.....and yet another difference between Lopp and Lyman games. No roadblock. Of course, good luck being good enough to get through them all and come back around to complete a failed Season 2 Minor Villain.

#8967 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True! We should call him Ronnie Loop cause he just loops his code.
How long have you had bm66? And how does it stack up to GOT and TWD?

I was a preorder buyer of BM66 right off the bat, so I got the game about January 2017. It sat quite a bit through last Summer as the original code was too shallow for much repeat play. I confess that I didn't see the path forward that Lyman took, so my faith in significant game improvement was weaker then most other owners back in those days. However, I now like BM66 better than both GoT and TWD, though TWD is very close. TWD is harder to setup and less forgiving, particularly from the prison shot, though it has more ways to attack the game right now than BM66. Playing TWD is kind of like a struggle or fight due to the danger of a cheap drain, which is appropriate for the theme. BM66 seems to be more leisurely fun.

For some reason, I can't get into GoT at all. It owns me and I just don't care that much for game play. I'd like to sell it if I could without losing my butt. I guess I'll spend more time on GoT in the coming months trying to improve my game play.

#9000 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is there a way to play a minor villain mode w/o stacking it with a major villain?

From my experience trying to avoid Major Villains for a game, you can sneak one Minor Villain into play alone, but very quickly Major Villains are all qualified to start and its pretty much stacking from that point on unless you can avoid the magnet consistently and not get driven crazy by the ringing Batphone.

#9062 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ditto. Stern would blow all the good will they have finally established with the Batman code situation if they pulled Lyman from Batman now. I'm hoping they are far less tone deaf about Batman at TPF then they were at Expo. Don't want another Dark Night for Stern thread
All I can say is I hope we see some Batgirl at TPF ...

Yes to Batgirl. My current wishlist to wrap up code includes:

- Finish Season 3 Minor Villains
- Add a Batgirl mode or maybe add a way to get her help in other modes
- Improve Gadgets....a lot (weakest part of game IMHO)
- Add villain taunting if that’s still in the plans
- Some additional TWD like mini wizard that’s achievable for middle skill players
- General code polish

#9081 6 years ago

Can someone remind me of the fix for the Riddler saucer? My ball has started to rest behind the saucer and I need to shake the machine to get it to fall inside and hit the switch. Something needs to be bent?

I haven't fixed the problem yet because it happens so rarely for me, but I've thought that a little drop dead foam back there would probably work.

#9120 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So who is gonna be the first one to give a mini code review on the TPF machines with the new code on them?

So, it's Friday afternoon already. Surely, someone has already had their grimmy mitts on that updated BM66 game. Hopefully, someone can qualify Minor Villains and then quickly scroll through to Season 3 and see if any additional Minor Villains show up, or perhaps Batgirl. Updating those should be the lowest hanging fruit of the next update, at a minimum.

#9135 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, if Julie is gone I may not update ...

Me too! I want both Catwomen!

#9136 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like the catwoman mode now uses ertha kit catwoman and has batgirl in the clips. Joker mode now has the surfing episode clips. I think music is different too but it's hard to hear on show floor.

Did you get to flip through the Minor Villains menu?

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The surfin’ Batman and Joker were replacement Joker Mode and the Batgirl seemed to pop up when you capture villain.

Hmm, I guess I'm going to have to see the code in action before I can really comment. It sounds good, but truthfully, I still miss the Penguin's umbrella floating vids that was dropped from early code. I wish we could have it all, old vids and updated vids in the game, depending on various game play factors. Batgirl........YES!

#9220 6 years ago

BM66 has come a loooong ways. I hope people will give it a second chance.....and update their Pinside game review scores too.

3 weeks later
#9514 5 years ago

BM66 for the best theme immersion ever!! I'd have to punch Joker in the face myself for a greater immersion experience. Many ways to attack the game, or should I say many ways to fight some friggin' cool ass villains.

#9519 5 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Looks like new code is up.
Edit: Or maybe not... there is an entry just added today but the code version is still .88 ... maybe they are updating the site right now.

Yep, supposedly new code up, but old read me so far.

#9522 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

0.88 is not the new code

Maybe not, but it came out long before April 12th, which is the update showing at Stern.

#9602 5 years ago

I was expecting more minor villains too, but I'm very happy with additional major villain content. I wonder if Lyman is adding the additional video content as it becomes ready and available from whoever at Stern is working on the video segments? Hopefully he has some help there, if nowhere else.

#9636 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s second only to the mini lcd in being underutilized.

You know, now that I've thought about a bit, there are actually three underutilized toys: Playfield TV, Crane, & Topper Batsignal.

Still, the game rocks so far. Maybe less is more, or perhaps Lyman is waiting until the end to crank those babies up and overload our senses.

#9691 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but the "Secret code" isn't the only way to see the new modes. I think starting them a second time will play the other episode, right? I'd love to see an award for going through all of each individual villain's episodes. Say a "mini-wizard" mode for playing all of Riddler's episodes, one for all of Joker's episodes, etc. I could see it being similar to Star Trek where you can either dig three deep into the modes, or play all of the level ones. Then again, that might be getting into the "too deep" category. Nah...

Yes, the second time playing a major villain in the same game starts the alternate major villain episodes. Which is cool, as I used to hate accidentally restarting a major villain, usually Penguin.

I’d also be okay with randomized major villain episodes, because I agree with Frolic that the pre-ball launch selection sequence seems awkward or not intuitive.

1 week later
#9735 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

These are awesome .. they should have been fitted to the game standard. To have a 50c sticker on a (up to) $15,000 USD pin is pretty sad tbh.

I agree. I laid mine out by the decal before installing and the difference is amazing. Stern should give all SLE and LE buyers vouchers to obtain these due to their lack of effort installing crappy stickers.

IMG_0685 (resized).jpgIMG_0685 (resized).jpg

IMG_0683 (resized).jpgIMG_0683 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9872 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Crap! Node 10 (turntable) just went down. Anybody got the troubleshooting steps for this handy?

Maybe try reloading the last s/w update. Just spitballing off the wall ideas here, but that might be the last act prior to calling Stern, given everything else already tried.

2 weeks later
#9994 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Question, adding Mods with lights and such, is it easy for a newbie to install? As I am waiting on my BM66 Premium, any recommendation for MOD add-on’s? Anything I need to know when first opening and setting it up?
Thank you advance for your help and advice,
Jeff

In the heart of this thread are lots of mods by various owners. Parachute van, spotlight on play field, atomic pile, speaker lights/grill, crane, lockdown bar bat emblem, etc. There are more than a dozen good ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
289 posts in this topic match your search for posts by taz. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.