• 30,055 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 294 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Programming - Blank Servo Board.pdf (PDF preview)
Resurrect malfunctional IO Board.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240429_170619948.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240429_170634397 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240228_104826 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
DSCN8668 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 602.
#10051 7 years ago

Can someone please post or PM me the going rate shipped (US) with all fees for a standard and LE? Leaning towards buying a standard.

#10052 7 years ago

Standard (includes shipping to the USA but not to final destination)
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product/alien-standard-edition-pay-in-full/

LE (includes shipping to the USA but not to final destination)
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product/alien-pinball-35th-anniversary-edition-pay-in-full/

extras
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

Looks like the standard and LE come with a translite. Backbox monitor is optional price.

#10053 7 years ago

I probably missed it, but are there any pictures of the "Fibre" Optic Ramp Lighting? Also, how much are the yellow beacon lights part of the game play (I'm assuming they come on for different modes and such and aren't just trying to attract people to coin up)?

The reason I ask is that, I'm leaning towards the Standard edition but, wasn't sure how much impact the ramp lighting or beacons have on the game.

I might have to wait until some are delivered to find out, but thought I'd ask!

#10054 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I probably missed it, but are there any pictures of the "Fibre" Optic Ramp Lighting?

NO! Just like everything else about the LE- no public disclosure of images or video.

#10055 7 years ago

Fiber Optic on Full Throttle:

#10056 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Will these be the same games you are bringing to TPF? I'm very excited to get a chance to play.

Honestly they won't last nearly that long. I have people wanting to take these games away from the show next week.

Getting brand new games to Texas won't be a problem

#10057 7 years ago

Andrew the feature matrix is great, but will there be a price list for the additional extras/add ons? Do you have one you could post or is the pricing still TBD?

#10058 7 years ago

Is Mirco making the playfields for Alien or are they made in house?

#10059 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

» YouTube video

Wow looks great

#10060 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Andrew the feature matrix is great, but will there be a price list for the additional extras/add ons? Do you have one you could post or is the pricing still TBD?

The prices have been available on their website for months: http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/alien-pinball-upgrades/

#10061 7 years ago

anyone know why the fiber optic ramp option is $800? that seems high!

#10062 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Where is the first LE art package?

LE Aliens themed art package not officially 100% confirmed or revealed, but it's not hard to connect the dots either based on that feature matrix.

Package #1: LE with Green trim, put in your Alien themed blackglass/side panels
Package #2: LE with Blue trim, put in your Aliens themed blackglass/side panels
Package #3: LE with Black trim, put in whatever blackglass/side panels you like.

It's been stated for a while now that LE owners get both the standard (Alien) & LE (Aliens) art packages, so all you have do is pick a trim color for the LE presentation you like best. Or you can go black trim for a more neutral look if you're planning on swapping playfields down the road. Or if you can even pay extra money for the bling chrome trim if that's your thing.

Lots of options are a great thing If you can't find one of these LE configurations that suits your needs, well then you can't please everyone. Looking forward to the final reveal!

#10063 7 years ago

Is there a pic of the LE in chrome?

#10064 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

» YouTube video

Can you (or anyone) compare the Fiber Optics on the ramps rom Full Throttle to Tron? The ones on the Tron LE I've seen are totally awesome. The ones in that Full Throttle video don't instill same sense of awesomeness to me. But, sometimes it's hard to tell from a video of the true impact.

Hopefully, there be one in my area I can check out..

#10065 7 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Is there a pic of the LE in chrome?

Not that I know of. Here is the chrome trim on Full Throttle to get an impression:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index11.html

#10066 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Can you (or anyone) compare the Fiber Optics on the ramps rom Full Throttle to Tron? The ones on the Tron LE I've seen are totally awesome. The ones in that Full Throttle video don't instill same sense of awesomeness to me. But, sometimes it's hard to tell from a video of the true impact.
Hopefully, there be one in my area I can check out..

In another portion of the thread I believe Andrew confirms that the ramp lighting is done by the same person/people who did the Tron LE ramp lighting.

#10067 7 years ago

Thanks man, never even seen that page of their site

#10068 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

In another portion of the thread I believe Andrew confirms that the ramp lighting is done by the same person/people who did the Tron LE ramp lighting.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing them in action!

#10069 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

LE Aliens themed art package not officially 100% confirmed or revealed, but it's not hard to connect the dots either based on that feature matrix.
Package #1: LE with Green trim, put in your Alien themed blackglass/side panels
Package #2: LE with Blue trim, put in your Aliens themed blackglass/side panels
Package #3: LE with Black trim, put in whatever blackglass/side panels you like.
It's been stated for a while now that LE owners get both the standard (Alien) & LE (Aliens) art packages, so all you have do is pick a trim color for the LE presentation you like best. Or you can go black trim for a more neutral look if you're planning on swapping playfields down the road. Or if you can even pay extra money for the bling chrome trim if that's your thing.
Lots of options are a great thing If you can't find one of these LE configurations that suits your needs, well then you can't please everyone. Looking forward to the final reveal!

Thanks great info.
I had forgotten about the second set being aliens.
Now I am excited to see the LE artwork.
With blue trim AND panels it will look fantastic next to my BIBLE.

#10070 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

anyone know why the fiber optic ramp option is $800? that seems high!

Ya think?

#10071 7 years ago

Picking a colour won't be easy...leaning green, but I'd love to see an actual example. Less/no choice with Bladerunner please Andrew!

#10073 7 years ago

Has anyone heard what type of finish the powder coating will be on Alien LE? I've been really impressed with the metallic looking powder coat job on WOZ. A metallic green or blue would really pop on Alien versus a regular baked on look.

#10074 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone heard what type of finish the powder coating will be on Alien LE? I've been really impressed with the metallic looking powder coat job on WOZ. A metallic green or blue would really pop on Alien versus a regular baked on look.

Instead of a smooth pristine finish on the coloured LE models, a worn weathered look could be a great fit for the feel of the films where the environments always looked very lived in and used, after all Alien isn't about being New and shiny it's about claustrophobic dark dingy environments this ain't no Star Trek

#10075 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Instead of a smooth pristine finish on the coloured LE models, a worn weathered look could be a great fit for the feel of the films where the environments always looked very lived in and used, after all Alien isn't about being New and shiny it's about claustrophobic dark dingy environments this ain't no Star Trek

Haha kind of like acdc side art. Someone came and saw my acdc and said what happened!! Then realized its made too looked chipped on purpose. It would be cool to see it look purposely worn out like it was in a battle of something.

#10076 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Haha kind of like acdc side art. Someone came and saw my acdc and said what happened!! Then realized its made too looked chipped on purpose. It would be cool to see it look purposely worn out like it was in a battle of something.

Worn armour would look pretty cool, could always get a little airbrushing done to add some bullet holes and acid burns

#10077 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Worn armour would look pretty cool, could always get a little airbrushing done to add some bullet holes and acid burns

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I wonder how a hammered texture look would come out using the green or blue. That effect is awesome on The Hobbit LE and SE armor.

#10078 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I wonder how a hammered texture look would come out using the green or blue. That effect is awesome on The Hobbit LE and SE armor.

Imagine getting your brand new alien in and grabbing your 5 pound sledgehammer. "Sorry honey just need to go into the basement and add some texture to my brand new machine!!! Btw where do you keep your gun...this this could use some bullet holes!"

#10079 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Imagine getting your brand new alien in and grabbing your 5 pound sledgehammer. "Sorry honey just need to go into the basement and add some texture to my brand new machine!!! Btw where do you keep your gun...this this could use some bullet holes!"

I was just going to be mine airbrushed but your way sounds a lot more fun

#10080 7 years ago

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October, I still think the pin looks great and have recommended a friend talk to you about a potential purchase. He's got more expendable income than me right now.

Now...about that refund...

#10081 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October

#10082 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October, I still think the pin looks great and have recommended a friend talk to you about a potential purchase. He's got more expendable income than me right now.
Now...about that refund...

I'll chase up tomorrow for you and email you directly

#10083 7 years ago

Just sharing on an unrelated pinball note, I gave Alien cookie jars to a bunch of friends including each of my 3 sisters for Christmas, kinda as a joke. I heard back from each of my sisters first. It's the sort of gift they aren't surprised with, coming from their younger brother. As far as my sisters, 3 different households, 3 different families, their reactions?

It turns out they each absolutely love the sculpt and think it's really cool. I find it hilarious because none of them even know what it is from to begin with, but they each have told me everyone notices it right away and comments about how wonderful and "unique" it is. I figured at least they could use it during Halloween but didn't expect such a warm reception.

I'm smug, but surprised that they're all proud to have it out on display. They're all house wives raising kids. Who knew it would be such a hit? lol

Resized_20170105_135616 (resized).jpgResized_20170105_135616 (resized).jpg

#10084 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's what my eyes say too.
I'm a bit more willing to blind the player when the ball is out of play, like when the Xeno is eating it. IMHO it's not fair or fun to blind the player when they're trying to make shots (ala GOT).

Glad to hear this. I really despise not being able to see a ball in play because every light in the game is flashing simultaneously. When the ball is stopped is the perfect time to put on a light show, knock yourself out at those times.

#10085 7 years ago

I'm a patient guy Rob, and this isn't the same situation as Predator. Not at this time.

Andrew had responded a few times but it's getting nowhere so far. I'll post an update if/when I get the refund.

#10086 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm a patient guy Rob, and this isn't the same situation as Predator. Not at this time.
Andrew had responded a few times but it's getting nowhere so far. I'll post an update if/when I get the refund.

Interesting how you made a comparison to Predator.

I never said a word about that.

#10087 7 years ago

Edit: removed my ignorant comment

I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it

#10088 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it

But, he doesn't WANT to wait for his refund…..

#10089 7 years ago

So, did any of these bad boys ship yet?

#10090 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just sharing on an unrelated pinball note, I gave Alien cookie jars to a bunch of friends including each of my 3 sisters for Christmas, kinda as a joke. I heard back from each of my sisters first. It's the sort of gift they aren't surprised with, coming from their younger brother. As far as my sisters, 3 different households, 3 different families, their reactions?
It turns out they each absolutely love the sculpt and think it's really cool. I find it hilarious because none of them even know what it is from to begin with, but they each have told me everyone notices it right away and comments about how wonderful and "unique" it is. I figured at least they could use it during Halloween but didn't expect such a warm reception.
I'm smug, but surprised that they're all proud to have it out on display. They're all house wives raising kids. Who knew it would be such a hit? lol

Looks like it has it's eye on Little Red Riding Hood...

But maybe they are just being polite...not sure I even like seeing it in the kitchen. Too incongruent.

#10091 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting how you made a comparison to Predator.
I never said a word about that.

Just a general comparison based loosely on a vaguely similar situation of sparse responses and tied up money. Since I lost $4750 on the Predator purchase, as the months roll by with no Alien refund, well, the frustration is familiar. I'm trying to support the new pinball manufacturers, but as with any other item, I abide by the terms set by them on refund policy if I decide within that time frame that I either cannot or will not purchase. Since my decision was well within Andrews time frame for a decision, the conditions of his 30 day refund have not been met.

If a legal course of action shall be required, I shall give Heighway a chance on Pinside to answer my request for said refund, as emails are not being answered in a timely manner, before I will persue that avenue.

My comment on Predator situation was not a direct comparison to Heighway or its business practices at this time.

#10092 7 years ago

People stepping on egg shells around here.

I'll say it if no one wants to.

It's no acceptable to make someone wait 4 months for a refund. It does a lot more financial damage to the Heighway brand then the amount in their bank account. Why do people have to consistently post on pinside to get unanswered emails attended to?

#10093 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

People stepping on egg shells around here.
I'll say it if no one wants to.
It's no acceptable to make someone wait 4 months for a refund. It does a lot more financial damage to the Heighway brand then the amount in their bank account. Why do people have to consistently post on pinside to get unanswered emails attended to?

I have spoken to Richard directly and apologised for the delay. The situation has been dealt with.

#10094 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Why do people have to consistently post on pinside to get unanswered emails attended to?

Because it works?

On the other hand, you can post something critical on Stern's FB page but they will just delete and ignore.

#10095 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Because it works?
On the other hand, you can post something critical on Stern's FB page but they will just delete and ignore.

His point was you shouldn't have to resort to posting in public to get a resolution. Things should get resolved long before someone considers posting in a forum about it.

#10096 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So, did any of these bad boys ship yet?

Nope.

And neither have some long ago requested refunds, apparently.

#10097 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
And neither have some long ago requested refunds, apparently.

? sounds like they took care of it?

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I have spoken to Richard directly and apologised for the delay. The situation has been dealt with.

#10098 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

? sounds like they took care of it?

#10099 7 years ago

A refund should take a matter of hours. Over a month is taking the piss

#10100 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

A refund should take a matter of hours. Over a month is taking the piss

fully agree, but glad to hear they have it resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,499 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 602.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.