• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 4 years ago

I love this theme! Alien pinball next to my predator pinball.

But...

I'm going to wait this one out. No preorder with another small company. Skitb already has my money tied up along with stern for TWDLE.

Once I see the artwork I'll make a decision.

#136 4 years ago

I'm also tempted to pull the trigger on this title, but a preorder with nothing but a schematic of the pf?

Nope. If all 600 are gone, life goes on. When I see more details I'll jump on board.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks Sammie, you are exactly right. Sorry for the stupid mistake on the math!

I dunno Rob. Yellow beacons and color changing ramps....

Imagine the beacons lighting up, smoke mod going and countdown voice.

"2 minutes to reach minimal safe distance."

GODDAMIT! Now I'm starting to talk myself into this title!!

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn you! Don't say shit like that and tempt me!
I don't preorder! I don't preorder! I don't preorder!

I'M SORRY! ABOUT EVERYTHING! WHY?! WHY?! WHAT HAVE I DONE??

image-535.jpg

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is true. I've sold TRON LE, MET Premium, and I500 in the last 5 weeks. I have money and space. Getting itchy trigger fingers!
I need to stop reading this thread. All these other dudes getting their Alien LE order in is making me jealous...and tempted.

STOP IT! You're going to talk me into talking you into talking me into getting one!

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I want to be in (and husband REALLY wants to be in) but after the long wait and being paid in full on Predator, we're going to have to hold off for now. We'll probably pick up a regular run once they're in production and our pin fund isn't totally empty as it is now. I'm hoping the beacons and fiber optics will be able to be added on later or other mods come out.

Yeah, I'm hoping too. I'll wait this one out as I am completely out of space now. Then again there is always that third bathroom we hardly use....

Hmmm....

1 month later
#458 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"it doesn't" instead of "it don't" good grief....grammar 101 please....

C'mon man, this ain't English class.

1 week later
#478 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You realize he was criticizing himself, right?

You do realize he was criticizing himself, correct. OMG Rob!!

2 weeks later
#647 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

yeah, I don't know how to solder. I own all new Sterns which for the most part haven't fallen apart yet. I like the idea of having some spare parts around and just using a screwdriver.

Super easy to do. Watch a YouTube vid, you're halfway there.

If you were closer I would teach ya in 5 minutes.

#648 4 years ago

Looks promising. Build them and we can talk sales.

Love to get me an Alien pin.

2 months later
#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

A question about and a thoughtful ambition for the Dual Yellow Beacon Topper...
Looking so forward to the day I get to see and especially hear the sounds of the Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin in action.
I always thought the Topper With Yellow Beacons would absolutely Command a room or establishment or home basement full of games as the Beacons are randomly spinning and stopping - simply in the attract mode.
Dualing Beacons.jpg
But you know that's me just assuming the Beacons will be designed to revolve. I've just always assumed they would revolve to create formidable tension in certain modes of beastly chaos. Imagine the beloved Klaxon Alarm unique to the Alien Movie is whaling while a T-Minus Count down is droning and reducing, your desperately trying to hit a target or series of shots to 'survive/kill/escape' while the dual Yellow Beacons are throwing a doomsday revolving flash of panic all over the room surroundings.
Truly the potential for an outstanding experience, but you know I never read anywhere that the Beacons will actually have any kind of Revolving movement capability.
Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Beacons will revolve like the one on the loader in the gif below?
Example of a revolving light.gif
Or will they simply be steady on/off lights under a plastic dome?
I think I read that the Topper Beacons might be an optional accessory that can be added to the standard non LE Pin.
Will the Beacons use modern tech? Halogen... LED ... incandescent bulb/s? Will they be of a largish size? ...please not little 3 inch domes I pray. They should be BIG and cast a far reaching light... after all they are being called "Beacons" right?
I guess if planned and designed early enough the beacons might have the capability to have it both ways!!!!
Imagine the effect of a revolving strobe light in a dark room? Muahahaha! This would be nuts on a Pinball Machine! And I totally want this Pin to have that additional feature capability now.
...and what if the Revolving Beacons had the capability to gradually slow and then reverse and... Ok I'll stop dreaming. But you get the idea... this could be a Highly Interactive Game Topper/Changer. And Heighway has always spoken of pushing Pinball Tech forward... and if this Beacon Topper has a bit of technical sophistication and is integrated in game play to take advantage of that sophistication ... WOW!
For those planning on owning this Pin someday... would you want Revolving Beacons or Fixed on and off Blinkys? Not matter? Revolving Strobe effect? Revolving speed increases as T-Minus count down gets closer to Zero? Run them independently of one another? ...Meaning one starts flashing when you get in a little trouble, then it starts revolving solid when your in a lot of trouble, then it starts to strobe while its revolving when your in big doo doo, then the other side starts escalating through these stages as your situation continues to intensify until both sides are going nuts and your screaming for your mommy.
I Know - I'm dreaming again.

30 SECONDS TO REACH MINIMAL SAFE DISTANCE...

1 week later
#853 4 years ago

I want this pin soooo bad but I'm not preordering anything anymore. Fingers crossed for you gents waiting. Hoping for a day before summer is out when I can drool with envy over your new Aliens pin!

My (supposed) losses on PRED have me very cautious..
5 grand better spent if Kevin doesn't come through.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Heighway is already in the "Get Sh-t Done" club as far as manufacturing goes. And their quick swap systems will only allow them to produce games quicker I imagine.

Heighway looks promising, but I'll wait to see when aliens gets delivered first.

1 week later
#980 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

OMG... i'm totally going to want this game !!!!!!!!!
I'm soooooo afraid when I see it with artwork, toys, ramps, & some demos of play/sound/etc... i'll have to have it.

I'm excited too, but a wait and see approach is important.

Stay strong Labnip!!!

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As an Alien LE preorder guy, great update Andrew.
Don't F ing let us down, I get that the licensor has delays with artwork, etc. but you need to be ready for production while you wait for approval to show us what you have accomplished.
You told us at Expo that we would be in production around this time, now its August, that's ok by me but stay on top of it and get this shit done unlike everybody else.
Don't tell me what I want to hear, I'm tired of that shit. You better make August happen, if you don't think you can, send me my refund now
If you F us, I'm flying over there to whip your ass personally!

Tough love. I agree. Ice is just saying what we are all thinking.

Tough tough time to be a pin startup right now. If Heighway pulls this off, they will come out stronger.

Timelines missed are a sore point for most right now Andrew.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

want...
Want...
WANT...
must re-si-st....
MUST HAVE !!!!

I'm with ya bro! But right now Andrew just needs to get the prototype built with art and PF approvals, then we can see what works and what doesn't.

This is what got me in trouble in 2012-2013 with another ( unnamed) pinball boutique.

When HEIGHWAY gets FTH out in numbers and Alien being built, they will be past boutique status. But until then...

#987 4 years ago

Boutique used in this context is meaning small one off manufacturer. But they all have the potential to grow and expand. Right now, Heighway made 150 Bacardi pins, and are still making the first, full throttle. When FTH is in folks homes, being played, and Alien has Shipped, they will be much better off.

My comparo isn't meant to SkitB as a company. But with latest timeline missed and feel good ( it's coming) text updates with nothing else, it's hard not to. I speak from WOZ 2011 preorder experience, 3 years of that. PRED preorder. Lotr LE preorder, 2009. 9 months of that. MM remake 2006-2008. Preordered MMR, but cancelled cuz I didn't like where PPS was going.

This moment, Heighway updates are little else but talk. Insulting? Yes. But not hostile. But I plan on buying an Aliens pin, my support for them IS there, but man, it's tough keeping the faith.

Btw, dont be sorry for expressing yourself bro. Folks like you keep me on the straight and narrow.

Good luck Heighway. Get these folks their aliens pins and I will be on your side.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is absolutely no reason to compare Heighway to Skit-B in any way, shape, or form

Here's my take on the state of things with these "startup" pinball companies. Whatever size they might be.
I think it's totally fair for us, as consumers, to have expectations when it comes to communication. Show and prove. People have been burned before, it's a reasonable and smart approach. We should have done it from the beginning, but it's not too late to learn. And frankly it's not a lot to ask for.
The other side of that coin is I feel like we should support the businesses who do the right things.
Spooky and Heighway both have done original themes, something we've asked for. Now they're both moving into the world of licensed themes, because it turns out that what we actually want.
There are going to be delays. It's just the nature of the beast. Licensing can get pretty complicated. You have to work with the movie studio, and then work with the rights holders for the music, work with the reps for actors. Wait for this guy to return your call with permission to contact that other guy who will promise to get back to you. In two weeks. Rinse and repeat.
As long as you don't go all dark and silent and keep us in the loop I can be patient.
I've already told Chuck and Ben that if there's a way I can help them that I'm there, I want to see Spooky thrive.
I'm throwing my hat into the Heighway ring now too. Let's get behind these companies that are making drama free games.

I want to keep backing up new manufacturers, but I'm gonna wait until I at least see what the Aliens artwork and PF look like first before sinking cash into it.

Call me gunshy I guess.

3 months later
#1163 3 years ago

Haven't seen it.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is a great example of the hypocrisy of people regarding the "I'll buy any original theme" line they like to throw around. Full Throttle might as well be a non-licensed game for us here in the states, and obviously Alien is a license. Everyone is clamoring over Alien. That's understandable. But everyone also keeps saying Full Throttle is a bad theme...why?
I'm not into motorcycles, or real life racing of any kind, etc. But I think this game looks fun. There are some really neat shots and why wouldn't you like the concept of a competitive race during the game? How is this game's theme all that different than High Speed or Get Away? Everyone seems to long for the 90s games and their unrestricted themes, and here you have a game that feels like that and most are complaining. I'm not surprised since I've called BS on the "I'll buy any non-licensed game" hyperbole before, but I'm just pointing this out as a great example here with Heighway's games.

FTH isn't a popular theme with tons of 40-upsters buying. I rode bikes when I was younger, doesn't mean I like the theme as a pin. I would buy an original theme, just not digging AMH, Or FTH. Design a better one and I'll decide then.

#1188 3 years ago

How's about we actually see the artwork and game design before plunging in on theme alone? Cmon gang!

1 week later
#1400 3 years ago

Any notions on alien preview of finished pf, any animations, or cab art? I'm assuming licensing isn't THAT slow. Weeks turn to months turn to, well, you get it.

Just concerned the time for excitement may pass by for this title like a few others if things progress too slowly?

Always the issue I guess with announcing a title way too early.

I wish heighway the best and hope their timing works out!

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

+1! That is a great screen!

If the LED screen is going on the backbox too it would look great with supporting artwork around it along with the backglass. FTH just had ( from the pics I saw) a black area around the smaller LCD screen. Made the screen look tinier than it was.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....believe concept/ implementation are different between the 2.....I like the idea of info I need on the play field, and then Aliens impaling people on the back box ( relative to gameplay, of course.......). Understanding initially that they will just mirror each other, but the possibilities.........ahh

Running two different pov's on two different screens, at the same time? If implemented correctly would add a whole other level to gameplay. If not would act cheesy and feel tacked on. Tough call.

#1441 3 years ago

Ah, the all too familiar trials and tribulations of early announcement. At least FTH will give us a taste of modular parts design.

Hoping for news soon for you guys.

#1452 3 years ago

Sounds great Aurich. Thank you.

#1508 3 years ago

Ok , looks kickass. Artwork with Aurich may put this title into best seller status. Aww yeah...

#1511 3 years ago

I ordered an LE. If I can take a risk with some morons in a basement I can definately risk ( lol) with Heighway.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I blew it up by printing a 1 version of it and laying it out over one of my cabinets. Really helped me to visualize the geometry. Of course right after that Dave made some major tweaks to the shots and now it's out of date!
I'm not normally a big widebody fan, but this is a game that is really utilizing the potential. There are sequences that will really use all the flippers together that just look super satisfying. Sometime it feels like an extra flipper is just added because the game is wide, these all feel really necessary, you can't navigate the entire playfield without them. Going to reward skillful aim and shot selection for sure.

As soon as you get license approval show us the LE artwork!

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Welcome, welcome !!!(#212 here).....think the only risk here is the amount of time my other pins get once this thing shows up!!!

I got #125. 426 was taken. Huh.

#1569 3 years ago

Thank you Zamp.

I'm digging chrome trim. Alien teeth were chrome like! Green just isn't doin it for me, too Shrek-ish.

#1572 3 years ago

Chrome trim, black gloss cab, Aurich artwork. Yep.

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Chrome would be sweet.
Welcome to the club brother Rick!

Well, feeding the sickness again Ice-Baby!

In for another ride I guess. Damned cool themes!

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Has it been confirmed whether or not the "game over" call-out will be Bill Paxton's famous line "That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?"?!
» YouTube video
Because that would be awesome!

Tilt the game...

"HUDSON! C'mere! Come here!"

#1644 3 years ago

"Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune. I LOVE THE CORP!"

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Has it been talked about how many balls will be in the game?

I don't recall seeing any ruleset specs yet. I'm thinking Andrew and Co. Want the pf finalized? How does that work? Endless licensing approvals at the speed of darkness?

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd buy it if I didn't already own it.
Chilling with family in Brooklyn, but I got some Alien work done on the train yesterday.

Pics or it didn't happen.

1 week later
#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

"Uninspiring yellow domes" ??

I think Pavlov meant when off and even stated that. Probably looks like a piece of industrial equipment.

#1693 3 years ago

Imagine Nostromo artwork. Yikes, 3/4 of the Playfield. Lol.

I think the takeaway from this article is that Aliens ( Alians) per approved art looks kickass.

#1696 3 years ago

Well, I emailed Andrew on getting my #125 in chrome trim.

1 week later
#1712 3 years ago

Andrew says he's looking into chrome and polished chrome ( my pick) as options.

1 week later
#1749 3 years ago

Well, like it or not Pinchili is the opposite side of our two-sided preorder coin. It's not always hearts and flowers and I thank Pinchili for reminding us of that.

I'm in on the Alien pin, got burned 100% by the Predator mess, so while I'm optimistic I'm also watching the timeline and situation for anything odd or what I consider uncomfortable. Call it awaretimism.

#1777 3 years ago

I think it's the newest Stern game announcement that's got our juices going. No one likes to run a race in slow motion, even if it's only our own perspective.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The guy has had some of the best communication with his customers,released a game that is now being delivered with Aliens as his second release which is an amazing theme and still within a year of being announced people are already bitching about its release date. If at this time next year I don't have my Aliens LE then I will start to panic but for now WTF?

Nah, it's cool for now, just some residual animosity leftover from recent half assed attempts from other Boutiques. Small hobby seems gunshy right now on preorders, not a great time for it.

1 week later
#2127 3 years ago

Andrew, any news on availability of Chrome or polished chrome rails and lock down bar? Any new news at all? Expo next month ya know.

#2131 3 years ago

Yeah I don't think adding on to the price a little to enhance perceived and ACTUAL value of collectibility will be an issue.

Thank you Andrew! Looking forward to updates on production.

#2135 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the difference from chrome to polished chrome? I have herd of polished aluminum which is awesome.

Imagine polished aluminum, except ridiculous shiny steel. So polished, fingerprints don't stick.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

My Alien LE "might" be headed out to location. If I can part with it.

image.jpg

#2146 3 years ago

Meh. Just scrub off those polished chrome parts with A fresh Brillo pad. I use mine dry and really dig in there.

1 week later
#2188 3 years ago

We watched Alien this morning, and my son commented on the small amount of credits at the end. I said, ' fewer folks worked hard on this with little to no CGI'

He said, 'Woah, those models and sets must've been months of work!'

Yep. I was into animation in high school. 1980-1981. It was ALL manual labor. Computers? Nope.

1 week later
#2215 3 years ago

This entire thread is going into nostalgia. I'm looking for relevant Alien pinball updates and expect something soon.

'You have T-minus five minutes to reach minimal safe distance.'

Well, not that soon, but PDQ.

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agreed. Not much to discuss as of late. I wish we would be given something to talk about from the Heighway camp, even the teensiest tiddy bit would be appreciated.
Whatever happened with the revised Alien flipping whitewood that was to be shown a few weeks back?
1 Month ago...

Has the LE Fiber Optic ramp lighting on Full Throttle made a public viewing yet?
What has been decided on the addressable LED back box translight lighting? Will it be present in the Alien pin?
What will the LE numbered badges look like and where will they be located on the LE Alien pin? Will it be unique (3D sculpted) in an Alien theme sense or will it look plain as if it were taken off an amateur bowling trophy and stuck on with sticky tape?
How is Emmy Award-Winning Sound Designer Harry Snodgrass doing on the audio side of things? Remember what he said...?

Will the Space Jockey from the first film make an appearance on the playfield or in an animation or clip via the LCD?
Any thoughts on Pin Blades with the artwork following this guy's stylings...?
giger[1].jpg
Anything would be good fodder for some entertaining discussion.
P.S. Will there be an Officially Signed Document of Authenticity suitable for framing included with the LE's? Sorry - couldn't resist.

Questions answerable without license issues.

This is what I'm talkin' about.

#2252 3 years ago

Well, I'm expecting to see a serious Alien showing at Expo. The problem with announcing a title too early is dealing with the excitement and ire of the preorder folks.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys clearly expo is when they will show something. One week away!

You don't know that... About as 'clear' as a fogged mirror. I'll be disappointed if Andrew just pimps his FT pins there. But we'll see...

#2263 3 years ago

I'm fine. Just playing a wait and see approach.

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have been in on Alien LE since day one and "the more I learn" about the SELLING of pinball via the mistakes of many others, "patience" is a virtue BUT telling us WHY we are being patient, at regular intervals is very IMPORTANT.
Even if its telling us something mundane. Show up and give some kind of update, the closer you get you should be able to hone in on the timeline updates.
You could even show us a picture of the BOX it will be showing up and we would get excited
More communication is a great thing, no matter how big or small it is.

Ice....

I love you man. Succinct and in my head as usual.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!
I wouldn't expect anyone to say much right before Expo though, no point in giving away updates right before you have a seminar scheduled that people are going to pay attention to. Same goes for Dutch Pinball and JJP, it just makes sense.
Also, I'm totally not in charge of how Alien info is announced etc, but if I was Heighway right now I have to say that I'd focus on Full Throttle as much as possible. Show some Alien teases but talk about the shipping game. (This is me speaking personally, I have no clue what's coming on Thursday, I've been too busy working to even ask.)
It's kind of a big deal to have your first game finally shipping! Really proud of Andrew and the whole team. Obviously in this thread people want to hear Alien, everyone is curious, but Full Throttle deserves the spotlight for a bit.

Granted Aurich, but I feel Alien will put Heighway on the map alongside Stern and JJP as a large pin manufacturer. One of the 'top 3' so to speak. As long as the artwork isn't horrible!

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My brother from another mother
No pressure Aurich, we have seen Rob Zombie and I believe Stern is SIGNIFICANTLY upping their art game for the future

Well, if artwork on GoT is any indication, Heighway has plenty of growing room. Obviously Stern doesn't see any threats in the near future, but with Aurich's vision I'm confidant that Alien will be cool as hell and a beauty even turned off.

#2338 3 years ago

I thought it was fine art for FTH. Looked original. Lightyears better than the Photoshopped TV pin the other guys ' bg has...

#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Heighway presentation is tomorrow night. Expo hasn't kicked off yet. I'll fly out tonight. Andrew should already be there.

Aurich, you are awesome sauce. Can't wait for info

#2375 3 years ago

It's probably modular, just plug n play

#2383 3 years ago

I want every alien option so I can swap em around.

1 month later
#2800 3 years ago

Soooo... Why the LE at all again? Just curious if everything can be bought optional, kinda kills exclusivity, doesn't it?

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shows $1650.00 difference between LE and Standard on the site. LE has all the options, plus artwork that cannot be had w a standard. Add up the cost of all the extras (Beacons, Shaker, badass fiber optics, hardware, etc.) plus the art you cannot buy.....now it makes sense (not that the purchase of a toy is supposed to make sense).
I would think if you knew that Alien would just be 1 playfield of many to be swapping, a Standard would make sense.
However, if this is a title that is a "must have" how could you not get the LE? As stated previously by many (including me), My LE will stay as is, in it's ultimate config. As other titles emerge, I'll decide what route to take.
Deposit has been fully refundable since day one, so not understanding what all the concern is over.

Cool,cool Mk6pin. Thanks for the breakdown. Kinda like having all the options included. I get it now. Now...fog machine hook up and flashing undercab lighting in escape the Nostromo mode. That would be cool.

#2867 3 years ago

I'll pop back into this thread when there's relevant updates...

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As soon an we're able to we will, still waiting on Fox's feedback. I expect it soon though. Depending on what they say I'll try and give some kind of update, without actually getting into details that I'm not able to share publicly.
Here's what I can say:
Andrew is in Florida, showing off Full Throttle. I'm hoping when he returns we'll have some word from Fox that will give me an idea of what more I need to do with the playfield.
Meanwhile there's a lot of other stuff being worked on that's just not things we can show. Like I can't share with you the storyboards for the animation, they have things that aren't approved yet, so showing them publicly would create problems. If not with Fox, then with expectations.
It's got to be hard for all of you to be watching from the outside when there are things that involve legal realities that we just can't discuss. But it's all part of progressing the game forward. Things are happening even though we're being pretty quiet right now.
At some point though we'll definitely need to release a teaser video with some approved video clip examples so you can get a sense for what's coming. I think we need final playfield art though first. The way the screen is embedded in the playfield means it needs context.

I meant the usual Pinside silliness in posts, not actually referring to any rushed info from Heighway. But appreciate the thought Aurich.

It's frustrating seeing that 35 new posts green on the forum page and then sifting through, well, you know, our crap.

#2895 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

when are The following payments?
Personnaly i will wait to see a artwork to take a décision.

That is totally rational and more than fair. I have a deposit down, And the strong reasoning behind my staying in on this is due to Andrew not needing the deposit money or timed payments to keep the game build progressing. Learned that lesson on JJP. Also, not requiring massive payments upfront, learned that lesson from SKITB. Seems up to this point Heighway's only setback was over enthusiastic announcement of timing of theme. Can't fault Andrew for that since he's a huge Alien fan I guess.

#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am in for the longhaul. 1500 is not alot of money to guarantee your spot. i got plenty of toys to keep me busy in the meantime.
i want this to be a great pin- great art, theme and gameplay.

Feedback from a few who saw the private showing sounds very promising in this thread. All based on license feedback now.

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Hmm...I'm starting to feel like I might be the only one that actually wants the smaller backbox lcd along with cool LE art.....

Back lcd, get Aurich Awesomeness, hang next to machine. Boom. Done.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It was cool to see both the big and small back box screens side by side at Expo. I must say I was naturally attracted to the large screen and went right to that machine first. Have to realize right now it's just duplicating what's on the small play field screen so it makes you wonder where they could take this if they were to head the way JJP is with theres'. With Alien it could be over the top cool. I hope they are intending to improve upon, big time, from their first go!

I'm sure if Andrew eventually allows something like CCC to be implemented later, animation updates could be epic coming from us insane collectors. Awwww yeah. The possibilities.

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What until you see some of the movie clips they are trying to get through... .........killer stuff...

Whaddaya know... SPILL IT!!

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The ramps are being looked at right now. They should be some of the next features that we can show

Fantastic Andrew, keep up the good fight.

2 weeks later
#3010 3 years ago

Thanks
Is it a new orientation to product pinball machine? Will heighway pinball only product widebody machines?
I'm a bit desappointed that 2 news producters are taking that way ( just my taste to prefer standard size)

As a fan of wide body pins I admit bias, but It's true that standard body pins are preferred as flow is concerned. So hard to get good flow out of a widebody.

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the collectible market of an LE.

Ah. so you're THAT guy.

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Stern have gone from TWD to
Kiss LE....
image.jpg

Damn. That's the LE door? What the...

#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It is crap that they make everyone wait on what should be a simple process to approve some artwork, I know Andrew would love to show us and I'm ready, in fact I need something soon to keep my interest going

12289565_10153830454618086_8338017402427733979_n.jpg

Agreed. Huge detriment to an obviously WAAAY too early announcement. But excited to see Aurichs mad scientist plans for the artwork ( when eventually friggen approved!).

1 week later
#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably a good idea to check out how it looks before committing...

Would love to, anytime Heighway wants to show something. If no serious showings by spring I'm out. Already a year+ late, I can understand folks frustration. Enthusiasm wains with time.

#3306 3 years ago

Showing a completed pin would be beyond my expectations and would be awesome. We will see what gets revealed.

#3308 3 years ago

Can so explain me n°6 of The description in page one with simple Words ( as english is not my langage)?
Can so comfirm me that D is a ramp?
Is there 2 or 3 ramps in this game?
Do we know at this point if The second lcd in option is only a mirror of the playfield one?
Thanks

As far as I have read the large backbox lcd is an option.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, I hate to say it but I'm already starting to lose that enthusiasm, say what you will with regards to Stern but I like hearing about a pin then within weeks seeing pics and within months owning the thing or at least seeing full gameplay videos, need something soon.

If nothing revealed at TPF March 18th, may be an issue for Heighway. That's 3 months away, let's see what they can accomplish.

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ofcourse you're right, I'm not going anywhere either but due to my lack of patience its just a drag that they can't even show small bits here and there, a molded toy or playfield art, I know they can't but just that little tease would amuse me for months. Same thing happened with Predator in terms of frustration then the gameplay video was released and I was back in 100%, the good news is this will not end like that shitshow. How could you back out of this theme? not easy and me and Underlord will still be here even if its not revealed in a few months, the trouble is that its such an amzing theme for a pin I just need to see it, play it, Damn pinball.

Shut up man! You're playing my hand bro! Ever heard of bluffing????

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The wait is what it is. Some things you can't control like Fox. Others you can
Andrew should make an appearance every two weeks with some kind of an update.
Even if it's to say he's alive. Surely there are some progress details that can be released.
What's the downside of keeping people talking positively about your projects? I don't get it

Thank you Ice. This keeps the juices flowing for a project. Month of silence on any progress and folks start to fray at the edges; emotional purchase Andrew, Spooky has this down to a science.

Learn from Charlie Emery man.

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Is it possible to have some sort of "preorder" update site? I have emailed Heighway Pinball with questions about progress and have received no reply (? if shunted to junk email)? I received prompt replies when I had inquiries about possibly purchasing the pinball.
I think it would seem reasonable for those who have made a financial commitment to this project to have a mechanism of being updated without our having to hope a thread in an unrelated site is the "official" source.
Andrew: those who have preordered deserve a source other than Pinside to know what the #$% is going on. Please work on it, Neither you or Oti are responding to emails.

Andrew and company...

Learn and adapt Charlie Emery's communication ethic. (Spooky pinball).

You're never too busy to answer questions.

#3513 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Fair enough. Not trying to be difficult or confrontational.
I know that many, including myself, are excited for this game and have invested in it.
I just feel like I shouldn't have to check here to see what's going on with it. I understand that Heighway Pinball is busy, but it seems to me that when the customer has thousands of dollars invested, they deserve to be kept in the loop.
I am looking forward to getting the game. I think it will be great.
I have faith it will be built. I just don't feel it's fair to have to be coming to this thread (which is not something Heighway directs you to with purchase) to see what's going on.
As a wise man once said, "trust, but verify."
A prepay email list, update site etc. is more than reasonable. Please make it happen.

I see nothing wrong with Pinside being a hub for upcoming products. This site is built for the traffic and less time consuming for builders than keeping up with their own individual sites. Besides, we have their graphics designer as a captive audience here!

Spooky posts here often, JJP gets all posts funneled here ( JJP secret thread club might as well just have a direct link here!), even Stern links here. ( mostly from FB).

I'm starting to understand Andrews situation with not being able to post anything before approvals. His last post made sense. I just get nervous with silence ( as a Predator $ loser).

#3645 3 years ago

You guys crack me up!

#4148 3 years ago

Looks good to me, but until all together, just whistles in a windstorm.

I want to see glossy cab, chromed trim, lit up with large lcd, small lcd screen options, with this populated playfield installed. hoping its on its way now.

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

People were critical of the rob zombie playfield and got; both of which look way better then this artwork; which just looks well not that inspiring at all

I consider it anti-inspiring. Tone and mood is survival in far space, immersive is the word here. I feel Aurich nailed that.

Adult themed artwork is awesome. I am very pleased with it.

When I play whatever pinball machine at that time I want to be pulled right into the game. Only a few did this. Getaway HSII, and TWD.

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, inside the ships and space station, not floating out in space, BUT, if its even close to being as immersive as TWD I'll be thrilled Rick!

Me too man. Another 'lightening in a bottle' pin next to Borg's great TWD design,

image_(resized).jpeg

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

jones_(resized).jpg

Just ONE insert for the cat??!?! PFFFT. Whatever.

I don't know this world anymore. Btw, I dated a Sigourney-esque woman years ago. One date. Don't need her staring at me while playing pinball!!

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Was she a cat hoarder?

She probably is now. I like my women with attitude and confidence. She had bad attitude, without the confidence. ( stage 5 clinger)

But enough about her.

Back to one of the coolest franchises ever...

1 month later
#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We've talked about this very thing actually. And not the Predator "invisible" stuff. Just straight up UV reactive ink. You never know.
I love the word rad by the way. But I'm from the Bay Area, where we say hella, so we're not worried about what anyone else thinks of our slang.

And we say Wicked Pissa

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Cowabunga dude, maybe you do, but the rest of us have moved on.

Mingya, huh.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

While I get "Hyphy" for any new Alien pinball info, here are a few slangs from the Bay. Keep up the good work Aurich.
1. Hella
Let’s start with the most obvious one. Hella can be used as an adverbial substitute for ‘very’ or as an adjective in place of ‘a lot of.’
Adverb: “I’m hella tired.”
Adjective: “There’s hella people here.”
2. Tryna
‘Tryna’ is – as you might assume – a shortening of the phrase ‘trying to,’ but not in terms of an effort you’re currently trying to accomplish, it’s a substitute for ‘would you like to?’ or ‘do you want to?’
“Tryna eat?” would translate to: “Would you like to get something to eat?”
This is some great slang that takes the impetus of the decision off of the recipient, because it doesn’t require a “No, I’m not that hungry right now, sorry.” All you have to say is “Nah,” or “Not tryna eat.”
3. Good Looks
‘Good looks’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘good looking out,’ which is a variation of ‘thank you for your help and consideration.’ It’s best used when someone answers a request for information (typically via text), or when someone does a favor for you.
“What chapters did he cover for the quiz?”
“Chapters 1-4.”
“Good looks.”
Or
“You missed the quiz but I turned one in with your name on it.”
“Good looks!”
4. Yee
‘Yee’ is a variation of ‘yes’, but it’s a way of agreeing to a plan or statement with a level of excitement that doesn’t always necessitate an exclamation point.
“You tryna drink tonight?”
“Yee.”
5. Cutty
‘Cutty’ is an casual adjective you can substitute for ‘sketchy.’ The noun form, ‘the cuts,’ refers to a dangerous or crime-ridden part of town.
“I was driving through the cuts and got pulled over,”
“Cutty as fuck,”
6. Fasho
‘Fasho’ may not have originated from the Bay, but I’ve never heard someone from NorCal use ‘definitely’, ‘okay’, ‘yes’, or ‘you’re welcome,’ so it’s a versatile word that’s used quite often. All of the following statements could precede the response ‘fasho’:
“I’ll be there in 5”, “Good looks”, and “Cool if I grab a drink from your fridge?”
“Fasho.”
7. Swoop
‘Swoop’ is a substitute for ‘pick up’.
“I’ll swoop you in five.”
8. Giggin’
‘Giggin’’ is a verb used as a substitute for ‘having a really, really great time’ or ‘completely elated and in your own world, often while dancing.’ It isn’t used as frequently as some of the other words, but it’s unique in that there isn’t really an English word that says as much as ‘giggin’.
“Hella hung over today,”
“Haha, yeah you were giggin’ last night,”
9. On Mommas
‘On mommas’ is short for ‘I put that on my momma,’ which is a way of emphasizing that whatever you’re saying is the truth.
“You banged? I don’t believe you.”
“On mommas.”
10. Fucks with
‘Fucks with’ is a way of saying ‘I enjoy or have a close relationship/bond with _.’ It can be used in reference to someone or something.
“You fucks with Tapatio?”
“Yee.”
or
“What about Dom Kennedy?”
“I fucks with Dom.”
11. Yadadamean
‘Yadadamean’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘You know what I mean?’ It’s less commonly used today, but it’s a slang relic of Keak Da Sneak and almost as historical as ‘hyphy.’ It can also mean ‘I understand,’ and it’s often shortened to ‘yadada.’
“I’m tryna be out before it gets too late, yadada?”
“Yadada.”
12. Coo
‘Coo’ is a shortening of ‘cool’ that can be used it two ways. ‘I’m coo off _,’ translates to ‘I’m over this person or this thing.’ It can also be used to describe a desirable or attractive female.
“You want the rest of these wings?”
“Nah, I’m coo off wings.”
Or
“Kristen is coo.” When used in this way, there’s an emphasis and elongation of the ‘oooo’ sound that begs an agreement, as if you’re saying, “Kristen is so sexy, am I right?”
13. Slaps
‘Slaps’ or ‘slapper’ is a way to describe a catchy hip-hop song, usually pertaining to the way the beat seems to ‘slap’ with bass.
“Damn, this song slaps.”
“Yup, there’s another five slappers on this mixtape, too.”
14. Dusty
I have a friend named Adam who I’d consider the most ‘bay’ person I’ve ever met, almost everything he says is vernacular and I’d always ask for an explanation of his slang:
“Are her friends coo?”
“Nah, her friends are dusty.”
“Think about it, would you want to hang out with girls who were dusty?”
“Not really.”
“Exactly.”
‘Dusty’ is a perfect linguistic example of the constant evolution of Bay Area vernacular, because if ‘dusty’ is simply a substitute for an adjective like ‘undesirable,’ then any synonym of ‘undesirable’ works. Mac Dre, Mistah F.A.B, and Andre Nickatina have immortalized some of these words, but rest assured we’ll have some fresh slang this time next year

#4943 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So everything seems to be moving along nicely
Is there an updated timeline yet as to when we might see production and then shipping? I know there is many a slip between the cup and the lip but in broad time frames?
The software guys. Spooky has done a phenomenal job with code.
We always break down and praise or bitch about Stern code.
What is the goal/expectation for Alien? We have all seen what guys like Keith and Lyman can do for a pin.
Are we even gonna be in the ballpark of those guys?

Ice makes an extremely relevant case. Software is assumed to be done since Heighway is running a virtual version of the prototype for a bit now, wonder if we will see a short teaser video of modes if Fox allows it. That would stir heavy sales potential since we tend to share these vids a lot with everyone we know...whether they want to see them or not!

#4944 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I know this is the Alien thread but thought the chromed out FT looks so nice, just imagine something similar on Alien.
I didn't like the look of the old bezel but think the chromed one actually adds cosmetic value.

FT_LE_(resized).jpeg

Looks even better with black cab. Aww yeah...

#4974 3 years ago

We will see it soon enough I guess. Summer delivery sounds great. Any previews before that are cake.

1 week later
#5054 3 years ago

I'll pick up a used GB later. Alien is a theme I'd want NIB.

Aurich is very good at self-analysis. I'm sure he's cutting back due to not wanting to seem biased; as I can't ever see an Asshat like Kaneda-dry aggravating him enough.

2 weeks later
#5274 3 years ago

Meh. Just build the damn pins. Everything else is just noise.

3 weeks later
#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

heh.... Not sure about the PF layout here.... too much common ground I guess.... not like Full Throttle which is very innovative!

Final playable pf feel and fun is all that matters. Liking that sharp LH ramp. Looks cool. Has some serious flow around the outer parameters too. Looking at it that is.

#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

...and JAWS, can you imagine this game without John Williams' score?
» YouTube video

I know this belongs in another thread, but damn Cheifie, if that ain't a sight to behold. This is a must-have theme in any collection.

2 weeks later
#5900 3 years ago

Andy shot for the sky over a year ago announcing this. THEN he accepted deposits. Not full payments unless buyer volunteered.

Other than his premature title announcement, I'm fine waiting til summer...then it becomes BS and I'm out.

3 weeks later
#6443 2 years ago

Hi all,
Just to clarify about the playfield/video reveal issue,

What possible reason would we have NOT to show it?

Well, maybe you're disappointed in its lack of progress? Maybe you're hiding it for a later time to bolster FTH sales? Maybe neither and everything is going behind schedule for a yet to be determined build date.

I don't know. Really, I don't. But I do continue to support your company and I only bring up these examples to show what some may consider based on previous pinball missed time lines from other folks who had good intentions with bad results.

Saving graces here: you took small deposits but had built a moderate sized pinball manufacturing plant, and built the FTH pins. That's a strong reason for me staying in.

Since I have no real idea how the license process works, I'll take your word for it.

1 week later
#6527 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Requested refund (original deposit almost 1 year ago) over 1 month ago. Couldn't stomach delays and top secret video status any longer. Supposed to have been processed already; email confirmation that cancellation received, yet refund not processed. Emailed Heighway Pinball about this. No response yet.

Really?

Wonder if Andrew will pop in and give us a heads up on status of the situation.
These are the things that give preorder guys the jitters.

#6538 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they are an actual company making games so they are not going to run off with your $1500 or whatever. If it's an emergency and you really need $$ ASAP call them---like the old days.

2 months is a long time for any refund. Besides, poster shouldn't have to chase his refund at all.

Keeping in mind other less than ideal preorder issues we as pinball preorder guys have dealt with before. Companies should be a lot more aware of PR issues now more than ever in pinball.

I've had great and poor experiences in this hobby with preorders. I'm vigilante of signs of potential issues.

#6552 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

"Vigilante" … Freudian Slip?

Speelcheque man. Stoopid Iphone

#6644 2 years ago

No no, it'll be fine with Newt. It's gonna be her present day. Imitating Ripley.

Brexit, Schmexit. I'm paying either the same price or maybe, just maybe, a bit cheaper; but no other changes. Idiot panic on the stock exchange, like any of this is a surprise. It's an international cash grab, except no one is sure which type of cash to grab. The English people are incredibly resilient. And forward thinking. They'll be fine.

On that note... I'm a Scot. So, there's that.

#6689 2 years ago
1 month later
#7171 2 years ago

Prototypes ALWAYS have tons of extra crap on them. It'll all come together.

Anyone have a pic of the undercarriage of a FTH for comparison?

1 month later
#7691 2 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

You will not fail!
Simply because you have the right attitude with your project. You and your team are an example for all the pin companies that are starting.

Correction: Charlie Emery and Spooky are examples. ALL others can learn from Chuck's Marketing.
Examples of room to maybe improve:
Heighway introduced WAAAY too early, separated from Dennis Nordy, and have hit the dreaded approval roadblock. Also there have been posts here of refund timeliness.

Strengths: Heighway picked a strong theme, we are all excited about quick-replace ideas on engineering and Andy is obviously excited about releasing this pin.

This is a strong contending startup company.

But it's not Spooky. Not yet.

#7693 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not ever I hope, at least in terms of design, so far Spooky pins have looked like garage projects with sound to match, I agree that Heighway is taking too long to reveal but luckily the theme will hold the interest for most of us.

I disagree. I enjoyed AMH. Thought it was funny.

#7704 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You did? Well I guess its kinda funny, nope its terrible.

It's cool man. Different strokes for you and me.

1 week later
#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

For some reason I am reminded of this....."The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of those of low ability to recognize their ineptitude and evaluate their ability accurately."

Who you calling inept? My junk is huge Bro.

3 months later
#10080 2 years ago

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October, I still think the pin looks great and have recommended a friend talk to you about a potential purchase. He's got more expendable income than me right now.

Now...about that refund...

#10085 2 years ago

I'm a patient guy Rob, and this isn't the same situation as Predator. Not at this time.

Andrew had responded a few times but it's getting nowhere so far. I'll post an update if/when I get the refund.

#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting how you made a comparison to Predator.
I never said a word about that.

Just a general comparison based loosely on a vaguely similar situation of sparse responses and tied up money. Since I lost $4750 on the Predator purchase, as the months roll by with no Alien refund, well, the frustration is familiar. I'm trying to support the new pinball manufacturers, but as with any other item, I abide by the terms set by them on refund policy if I decide within that time frame that I either cannot or will not purchase. Since my decision was well within Andrews time frame for a decision, the conditions of his 30 day refund have not been met.

If a legal course of action shall be required, I shall give Heighway a chance on Pinside to answer my request for said refund, as emails are not being answered in a timely manner, before I will persue that avenue.

My comment on Predator situation was not a direct comparison to Heighway or its business practices at this time.

#10103 2 years ago

I have spoken to Richard directly and apologised for the delay. The situation has been dealt with.

Spoken about but not dealt with. Like I said, I will let you guys know when I receive my refund. Andrew and I will have a conversation tonight I'm sure. I'll let you know how it goes.

Again, I apologize to Pinside for anything looking negative at this time, I'm as excited as all of you for the new guy to get these built.

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Please keep us posted. Did you pay in full?

Deposit only Tedster.

#10108 2 years ago

Andrew just sent me a refund, and he apologized. Andrew, there was no need for apologies. Other than email responses, you've been fine to deal with.

I'm hoping to pick up an Alien at a later date, as it looks beautiful. Good luck Heighway!!

1 week later
#10483 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't understand your posts indicating that there is an attitude of "the sky is falling" given the facts of what is happening with the slow and unprofessional response to people requesting refunds. People seem to be pretty even keeled about it to me. Surprisingly so, to be honest.
Your meme of the sky is falling is no more valid to those voicing concerns than this one would be in response to your posts defending Heighway:

And there it is! Rob's (head in the sand) pic! Now this thread is getting red hot!

Got him banned on Pinside in the past... true story!

Yes, I was patient with Andrew about his slow paced refund activity. I see no cause for concern about the board issues, electronics being a fickle mistress; but why did they pull the pins from the show?

#10492 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to fix the issues and put them out the following day where reports are they held up and played beautifully.

Fair enough. Not my idea of a grand intro, but end result is all that matters.

2 weeks later
#10995 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's :awesome Andrew. Congrats.
I see Kulek crossed the pond to work for you

Lmfao! I thought the same thing!

Great job Andrew! Way to go man. All the best!

3 months later
#14245 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think part of the concern with people pulling their own money out, people worry that it increases the chances of the pin not being produced in mass (At the detriment to the pinball community). Kind of like a "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario, and by adding to hysteria of claiming the sky is falling, people see their own Alien at risk do to a snowball of worry (whether that be real or imagined).

It was stated by Andrew in the beginning that the buyer's money wasn't funding the builds, as folks here were already burned on Predator prepay losses and of course the JJP prepay 3 year wait (which turned into a delay, not an actual issue).

Of course finding out from JJP firsthand that was not the case based on my own refund communications and delay.

Andrew did not refund me until his hand was forced due to release PR.

7 months later
#19377 1 year ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Has anyone gotten a refund from these guys in the last 12 months? I started the process back in June with 3 replies back from Morgan, in a timely fashion shockingly, in which she said the refund would be processed.
It's now January 2017, I've contacted them every month since that initial request back in June but haven't received a single reply. Are they ghosting everyone or just me?

I got my refund in October after calling Andrew out on Pinside. Other than that he had ignored my emails for weeks.

Not sure how these ‘new and improved’ mystery owners are fairing. Looks more of the same to me.

3 weeks later
#19758 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

The fact remains, games are being produced and shipped. QC is not good but the community has overcome bugs out of the box.
Communication has been sparse pubically and non existant privately.
Games are still being produced and shipped.
I am interested to see where we stand at the end of Q1 which is the goal for all refunds and preorders.
Without the investors deciding to prime the pumps we would all be fucked. No refunds no games. I'm better in our current situation then being screwed out of my money and my game
Hopefully I'll be happy and playing Aliens by then
-Jeff
LE 223
10/18/14

Yeah? What’s your gut tell ya?

1 month later
#20230 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Perhaps, it is because I don’t appreciate being called clueless. Obviously Cointaker has their own policies regarding payment. If you didn’t like that policy you shouldn’t have ordered one. I have had 0 issue with them including getting a totally fucked Alien machine back up to running order and now again needed a new play field. Perhaps that’s because I am kind to the distributor and ask for help when I need it, I speak to them with appreciation and as an adult instead of getting pissed off and yelling or denying payment etc.
If you were that worried about CT screwing you then you should have never ordered a new money LE from them. If you are old money, pick your bone with Heighway because if not for CT, no one in the US would have one coming ever, and they don’t decide when HW makes old money games.
Once again, heighway is not CT. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Cointaker is, unfortunately, being dragged further into this HP disaster with every misrepresentation they parrot. I will NEVER buy a Heighway product, ever, after Andrews bs with me, and find myself as a consumer, questioning CT. Never a good place for a distributor to be.

Have dealt with CT for years, never an issue. This however is a HUGE issue for ‘original money’ buyers getting what they paid for years, YEARS(!!) ago.

Now if CT is helping with QC issues, more should let us know. That would seriously be a redeeming trait for CT. I’m hoping that’s the case.

2 months later
#21838 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I take back what I said about believing the interview to be a waste of time and that it would be soft.
The questions were more adversarial than I expected them to be, and I think the interview was a worthwhile contribution. Good job Pinball News.
I have to say also that with the exception of the early replies, Andrew's answers were a lot less inflammatory than I was expecting them to be. There's a lot of conspiracy theory stuff, and contradictions of other people's stories, but there always is.
I am one of the few people it seems who are very suspicious of the new investors (I keep thinking of that "green trim LE could be yours!" email that went out very recently), so some of what AH said resonated with me. That said, a lot of it could be said to have been "fed" by what others have said on here (eg suggestion of asset stripping, which will come out in the wash in time). A few of the questions were answered in a way that suggested that Andrew simply consolidated a lot of posters suspicions on this thread, perhaps to gain credulity and sympathy, or simply because they are true. Who knows for sure.
The simple takeaway for me, having very little personal experience in this debacle, is that it's a crying shame how it all panned out.

Having been one of the tiny handful of depositors who received a refund I can say that the major issue of credibility with Andrew was his lack of timely ( weeks or months) responses to refund requests, while folks wanting to make payments got immediate responses. So actions speak louder than words. The man has no credibility looking in hindsight and this whole ‘ tennis match’ of its his fault is irrelevant to folks who lost money.

In the future, any pinball startup better have a product ready or already made to sell. Way to toxic to preorder for anyone no matter how altruistic their intentions.

Company takes a risk. What a novel fucking idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside