• 27,263 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Olaa
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,449 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.2_2020-08-05_21-40-30.pdf (PDF preview)
D840F95C-406F-4F03-AA38-4AC5CB02D162 (resized).jpeg
8EB02C8A-BE99-4570-BCD5-26ACEC3EA692 (resized).jpeg
9E5736F2-6A7A-4A6E-8FCF-90A8B88950DE (resized).jpeg
769BD9DD-683A-4F18-B388-84B5717FC453 (resized).jpeg
img_4146 (resized).jpg
03F81837-C09C-41A4-A021-7491B274E196 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
C43BDCDE-5485-4400-85F0-E9E035633134 (resized).jpeg
0BA01013-9AC6-49B5-A5E6-60DE9698B662 (resized).jpeg
93D4260F-60C5-40C2-9585-8172A5A3A270 (resized).jpeg
alternative-logo-alien (resized).png
alien-apron (resized).png
DSCN8166 (resized).JPG
DSCN8165 (resized).JPG
776AEC9F-3834-4E26-A636-1E3B110E431B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (3 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (3 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (3 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (3 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 5 years ago

How much to Australia? Is there an Australian distributor?

2 months later
#640 5 years ago

Australian distributor?

3 months later
#965 5 years ago

Aust distributor?

2 months later
#1062 5 years ago

One ramp or section of should be a square tunnel to look like air conditioning ductwork, which in my opinion played a lot in the storyline of aliens. Newt hiding, vasquez dying with gorman, bishop making his way to the transceiver. ..

Any news re Australian distributor. Almost tempted to put my hand up have access to warehousing and transport companies/clearance agents, only thing is I have ZERO pinball repair/service skills....

2 weeks later
#1108 5 years ago

Frolic in sentry mode the flippers should be automatic...

3 weeks later
#1354 5 years ago

That poster above is a shocker. Looks like a giant cookie in front of a nude man...

1 month later
#1764 4 years ago

Simple - don't like preordering DON'T preorder.

Not hard to understand.

4 months later
#4058 4 years ago

I just hope that the human characters which are on screen for the majority of the time are somewhere in the plastics etc

#4236 4 years ago

I generally like the playfield art however I would have preferred the centre to depict the insides of the spaceships/hadleys hope instead of planets. I also couldnt see any weapons from aliens, the pulse rifle is a sci fi weapon icon.

I also think Ellen ripley should be on there somewhere, as well as the respective crew of nostromo/sulaco. When I watch these films I care about the humans not the xenophobe.

Love the bottom third, love the icon work, planets not so much. I actually like the comic alien.

I hope Aurich wasn't scared to put humans on the playfield so to avoid the photoshop actors comments.

With the plastics etc it should look pretty good.

#4242 4 years ago

Wow no licence coverage for actors will that allow clips from the movie with actors in it to be displayed?

#4252 4 years ago

Thanks Aurich for the reply glad weapons are there.

Will actors be in the clips/animations at all?

#4268 4 years ago

Andrew, an alien/s pin needs Ripley somewhere, she is a constant in both films, even if on the plastics. Surely the licencor understands this.

#4340 4 years ago

Will the music scores from both movies be able to be used? The music is great in both flicks.

4 months later
#6196 4 years ago

Would a silent whitewood video, with no sculptures or video be possible to be shown.

2 weeks later
#6434 4 years ago

The guy that was in the alien suit was Nigerian.

2 months later
#7205 3 years ago

Preferred old chestburster new one looks like a bit like a sock puppet. IMO

1 month later
#8123 3 years ago

Looks like no human characters from the films made animations/clips on screen.

#8126 3 years ago

Feret, great news re humans in clips.

2 months later
#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone here wants to stand up and claim that Andrew doesn't listen to his customers please feel free.
You don't make a good game by asking everyone what they want, and then trying to make them all happy.

Technically this is wrong as Homer was the sole designer... He was the only ONE made happy....

2 weeks later
#10072 3 years ago

4 months later
#14167 3 years ago

Ffs can we please not talk about Alien Covenant, some of us have yet to see it.

1 week later
#14846 3 years ago

Whyisnow please for the love of God don't become the no.1 cheerleader for JJP or American Pinball!!

2 months later
#15969 2 years ago

Glass guy here, been in the window business literally my entire life.

1 - Tempered glass has a very "sensitive" edge, but without seeing the magazine it is hard to see if there is a pinch point or something pointy that the edge of the glass could hit the edge shattering it. A screw point is enough, in fact a brad nail is large enough to shatter the glass if it hits the edge.
2 - Tempered glass can self shatter if there is a flaw in the glass when it is heat treated. Pretty rare but it does happen weeks or months after it is made.
3 - Thermal breaks can occur but unlikely in a pinball machine, not likely to get a rapid enough temperature change for that to happen.
4 - It could break from a hit to the middle of the panel but you need a pretty heavy strike. Unlikely during transport.

At a GUESS I would say point 1 or 2.

#15985 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

After looking at it again, I'm guessing the glass shifted on the rubber gasket and the edge hit a screw post. Glass lays on a gasket and is held against it with a bracket all the way around. If the bracket isn't tight enough or contracts or whatever, seems possible the glass could shift and the edge could hit any one of the screw posts. I couldn't get a good pic of it but they do also have a gasket between the glass edge and the screw posts but it doesn't look foolproof.

BINGO! Glass probably has slid into these screw posts, during shipping. A simple solution would be to place some double sided glazing tape to stop the glass moving around.

#16019 2 years ago

If there are no more kits to come , Heighway has no worries about backwards compatibility/wide narrow bodies etc.

2 months later
#17398 2 years ago

Britt, seriously what is your mission?

You made your point now move on. The way you were going on I thought the 'flaw' in Alien was giving players cancer...

5 months later
#20476 2 years ago

March 2016, was when the hydrofoil was brought. How was Heighway travelling at that time?

If i had paid up to the original Heighway, i would be having fun on the Hydrofoil facebook page.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mt Vernon, WA
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside