• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2393 3 years ago

Nice to see the original style "Alien" logo being used.

Is that rather sedate picture of the egg the standard backglass? First pic in #2370?

Thx man!

5 months later
#5337 3 years ago

I liked Big Race a lot too. I also noticed it's almost the exact PF layout of Judge Dredd. You can do figure eight's on the upper PF on both

2 weeks later
#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

he was born in 1940...

Ok in that case he looks pretty damn good. I felt sad seeing how much he had aged since Alien 3 but hell... he IS old.

I just wish he had managed to get in better films during his prime. Always liked him.

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He was good in Millennium series about 20 years back

I'll have to check that out.

#5579 3 years ago

Game sounds ambitious indeed... thanks for the update! But seriously... to re-appear within six hours of having your name spoken and then say you don't read/check on pinside anymore? Hmmm buddy

Just teasing

1 week later
#5729 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

Well the Hobbit is a hell of a machine so we can only hope it turns out so well

I don't get the waiting complaints however... you guys wanted to be in the "inner circle" and see how the sausage is made and amazingly this company has allowed it. I can't think of another company that has shared this many details with their customers. Takes a lot of confidence on their part to share info on licensing, planned toys, early art, yadda yadda.

Now you're getting to see the kind of roadblocks they face - don't blame them... they WANT your money.

You're getting to see the good, bad and ugly here and I wouldn't make them regret spilling the beans to you guys. Accept that there will be delays but that hopefully you'll get the best possible product. So far this has only COST them money so I know they have to be anxious to ship the machine to you guys.

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seriously though, I get the frustration. We feel it too,

I'd just take your time to get it as right as possible before shipping. You're in between a rock and hard place regarding people's expectations and as irritating as it has to be to hear the bitching - it's still the best scenario at the moment. You wouldn't want apathy here.

Imagine if the thread was dead and the entire project was met with a collective yawn... that would be worse than the impatient posters.

Plus it's not like you're sitting on full payment all this time like earlier pre-order models. When it's ready - it's ready. I hope it turns out to be a classic and an eventual must have... and if that takes another 6 months or more - what the hell.

Of course in real life a bottle would fly past my head after that last sentence

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That would be messed up, I cant believe Aurich would do something like that

Well why would you? Because the "minion's" idol fed him that story? To (gasp) create drama? I don't have an axe to grind with either party but how would ANYONE know if this story is true? Because someone said so?

It just seems designed to create drama IMO.

1 month later
#6555 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We had an Alien call today and decided the game needed more Newt, thinking of shifting a couple things to give her a multiball, a bit of a Newt's greatest hits so we can grab all her good scenes and lines. David Thiel is going to work on her callouts as a starting point.

Make sure to include her great cringe worthy line "They're DEAD! All DEAD. Can I go now??!!"

#6613 2 years ago

Kanada's in heaven now... posting as a girl AND getting Aurich to talk to him. That's a win-win baby!

3 months later
#7699 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The "not" joke lives on in 2016. You have horrible taste in everything.

lol I like this... I gotta steal it in the future. "You have horrible taste in everything". That's classic.

#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's why you think AMH is funny probably, I have respect for Spooky and I would buy a game from them if one was made to my liking but AMH humor is really bad as is the case in almost all pinball.

I wasn't weighing in on anything... just funny to hear one guy tell another straight faced "you have horrible taste in everything".

Something you don't hear everyday at social functions - well maybe over here we do hear it everyday in some form or another

1 week later
#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

So Alien is around $8000 and Dialed in is around $12,500?
Uh, ok.

No... 9k.

2 weeks later
#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Quickly carved this yesterday for my friend's Halloween party tonight:

When seen in the dark some kid's parent's will probably call the cops on your friend

#9034 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Any idea when will get an in house video of the pin flipping just to see and hear it properly, I saw a little bit of the gameplay from expo and the promo but would like to see more, Andrew maybe you could let us know? By the way this is my favorite pinball pic of all time, amazing. Thanks

No wonder we guys like Giger so much... chock full of phallic imagery Nah I like that alien contraption myself... though that pic makes me think of Prometheus (which is not a bad thing).

Only thing I'm not fond of is the spinning chamber to the left of the Alien head ball lock. It distracts you away from the head which should be the most prominent and well-lit toy on the PF. Plus the way the light reflects off the top of the chamber *really* makes the head disappear in the darkness.

With all the clips they have available I wonder if there will be some alternate ending clips... rather than just the gooey android? Though I do love me some Lance Henriksen... not THAT way but...well you know what I mean. He's just a bad ass.

#9174 2 years ago

It's kind of a tough call with the rounded chamber as no matter what they put there the scale is going to look very odd compared to the large Alien head. Normally I could cares less about scale but this item is literally and inch or two away from what I'd like to think is the showcase for the game... the head.

They could go even smaller to not steal attention from the head but then what could that be, scale-wise, that would look appropriate?

I sorta like the idea of ANOTHER equally sized Alien head... the mother alien with the more elaborate head design sitting next to the other.

Then you've got the two main iconic alien designs - right next to each other in appropriately large scale... commanding your attention.

I think in a dark game seeing those two menacing heads back there would be intimidating and to me another slickly designed 3d alien in large scale is good thing. Can't have too many good looking aliens in this game.

But this came to mind literally as I read the last post so don't punish me too hard

1 month later
#9704 2 years ago

I dunno - I can just hear that head saying "can't I get ANY respect here?". Now there is a distracting picture frame jammed right up against it. Even if it's moved over a tad it seems too close.

It's actually the huge decorated bezel around the mini screen that catches the eye. If it was a slim black bezel that didn't attract your attention the screen would look less cumbersome and further away from the Alien.

That's my armchair quarterback comment.

#9848 2 years ago

Look myself and many others simply stated the bezel on the "Queen LCD" screen was to large and jammed right next to the centerpiece of the game.

Andrew read these posts and nicely commented that they now have an option for a screen with a smaller (hopefully black) bezel and it will be as far away from the xeno head as possible. Done.

Issue commented on and apparently issue solved... now let's get them rolling off the line. Good job Andrew.

2 weeks later
#10070 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

anyone know why the fiber optic ramp option is $800? that seems high!

Ya think?

#10090 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just sharing on an unrelated pinball note, I gave Alien cookie jars to a bunch of friends including each of my 3 sisters for Christmas, kinda as a joke. I heard back from each of my sisters first. It's the sort of gift they aren't surprised with, coming from their younger brother. As far as my sisters, 3 different households, 3 different families, their reactions?
It turns out they each absolutely love the sculpt and think it's really cool. I find it hilarious because none of them even know what it is from to begin with, but they each have told me everyone notices it right away and comments about how wonderful and "unique" it is. I figured at least they could use it during Halloween but didn't expect such a warm reception.
I'm smug, but surprised that they're all proud to have it out on display. They're all house wives raising kids. Who knew it would be such a hit? lol

Looks like it has it's eye on Little Red Riding Hood...

But maybe they are just being polite...not sure I even like seeing it in the kitchen. Too incongruent.

#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

tried to enhance

Well at least the mini screen isn't jammed right up to the alien's head anymore. That said, the bezel is still pretty large on that thing. It was the first thing I saw when I looked the PF pic.

Wonder why it doesn't have a perfect octagonal opening (since that's what they are going for)... it's off center and has that funny cut in it to make room for the number "2" on it. Interesting.

#10140 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Looks a bit like this one

The beacons certainly look more low-profile and elegant in the flyer pic... to me anyways. The tall ones they have on the actual machine look like they were re-purposed from some roadside equipment

But the game looks good overall... don't mean to come off as negative about it.

#10154 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

LCD bezel is just being true to original shape of Sulaco's airlock opening....

Later,
EV

A-ha! I figured there had to be some reasoning behind it that I missed. Thx

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Also if Andrew could custom make a pinball machine for every slight variation that the guys on pinside nitpick...that'd be great too. With more re-designs and re-orderings of parts we'll shoot for 2019.

Yeah I guess we should have just stuck with the coffee can, white flipper inserts, etc ... damn Pinside and their unhelpful suggestions!

3 weeks later
#10809 2 years ago

Seems to have one of my pet peeves... virtually no satisfying sounds or sound effect when hitting the left ramp or right return.

#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The sound wasn't very good on this video, but I can assure you that the ramps and return lanes have distinctive sound effects... David Thiel is doing audio and he doesn't miss a beat.

Yeah all the other sounds were great but I didn't want the ramps to get overlooked. Nothing like hitting a ramp and getting a good blast of sound for some feedback.

Your ferret pic looks like my daughter's... it's a sweet animal and nice pet.

#10830 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think being upset about those white flipper markers on the playfield is totally appropriate. This is an obvious oversight and flat out mistake that is trying to be glossed over. An undeleted layer and no one at a press check and boom you've got a bunch of misprinted playfields. Talk about QC. If games ship out like this its just shameful in my opinion. For everyone hoping to be immersed in this theme its really going to tear down that fourth wall every time you flip the flipper and flash back into reality. But to overlook the egregious error would only be par for the course in this thread. Imagine how a mistake like this could spoil the fun in some of your favorite games.

Jeez dude at least educate yourself before embarrassing yourself with misplaced outrage. It's not an "art layer".

And then you go to the trouble of making silly pictures to show how "shameful" it is. Too funny.

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

That's how it was originally, but a Andrew changed the rules with that email, obviously needing a cash injection.
First to pay first to play you might say.(where have I heard that before)
As for the refund issue, don't assume everybody posts it on pinside.

I wouldn't make vague insinuations about people not getting refunds unless you can PROVE it.

So since you have already made the remark - time to prove it. I'm kinda tired of these nebulous internet claims.

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

You would like me to break trust regarding my PM's and people I know.
Ain't going to happen.
If you don't believe me I don't really care.

Yeah I don't believe you. Prove it.

If these mysterious types that have been screwed over won't post here... why would you mention it. Seems like you already "broke your trust".

1 week later
#11248 2 years ago

I'm not complaining mind you, but isn't the circular ship I see so often the underground one from Prometheus? In the fact isn't the whole mode "Derelict Ship" about this?

I thought the kid was great too... could have been SO annoying - but wasn't! Quite charming actually... brings back memories of when mine were sorta cute like that.

I agree some alternate endings would be nice. So MANY possibilities too...

Kongrats to the H Team!

#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's from Alien...it's the same type of ship. It's where the *SPOILERS* facehugger comes from originally.
Shhh I know Ridley wanted to keep it a secret but Prometheus is actually related to the Alien Franchise

Jeez I know Prometheus was his Alien prequel... and I haven't seen the original Alien in ages so if that ship was in it then that would answer my question.

I know you think your posts are clever but your second sentence just comes off as dickish and part of the problem over here... but gee thanks for answering.

#11252 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was actually in reference to the fact Ridley Scott said Prometheus has nothing to do with Alien when it came out, which everyone knew was totally silly. So My emoticon was laughing at him trying to outsmart us all, not laughing at your post not knowing the 2 were related.
But you took it that I must be insulting you, even though I never have been rude to you once on this site.
Talk aboot the problem around here

I figured you were being rude and condescending... I didn't read about him trying to distance the movie from the Alien franchise. Though now that I think about it...hmmm. When I went to see it I knew it was a "prequel" of sorts so I didn't think the director had been secretive about it.

But you're right - I ASSumed you were giving me sh*t and there is always the first time Sorry.

#11254 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No worries man, the pinside purge has us all on edge!!

I thought it was odd also that after all of this waiting to see the first Alien pin shoot... you and I are the only ones around. Lightweights must have all had to hit the sheets... I figured there would be 50 comments by now. Fickle bunch

#11256 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No worries man, the pinside purge has us all on edge!!
When you look at the facts my post may have been a bit to clever for its own good

Don't give yourself too much credit - I'm infamous for misinterpreting people on the internet

But yeah - went right over my head tonight. I gotta up my game.

#11257 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Glad you guys hugged it out. OH - have I mentioned I'm STOKED to play Alien at TP? I am!!!

This might get me purged but... I *hate* lucky bastards like yourself

#11321 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Left ramp shots spot letters in DROP. Right ramp shots spot letters in SHIP. Upper ramp shots spot a letter in both DROP and SHIP. Once DROP SHIP is fully spelled, 2X Playfield scoring starts for awhile. That is one of 3 ways to start (or extend the time of) 2X Playfield.
I only watched a bit of last night's stream, but it looked to me like the left ramp wasn't registering shots, so DROP letters weren't getting spotted. Probably need to adjust the left ramp made switch to ensure that the ball is consistently activating it. ( cjmjmm2006 )

Yeah and not to belabor it but I didn't hear much of sound effect with the left ramp. So maybe indeed it wasn't registering at all. Love the outer orbit sounds though... deep and scary.

#11344 2 years ago

Towards the end of the stream (or at least at 1 am Eastern Time) I see some people getting frustrated with the machine and I realize...so far... I have NEVER:

Seen anyone successfully use the ball save feature on that ridiculously hungry left outlane (maybe 1 or 2 drops should be spotted from the start?)

Seen anyone come close to finishing a mode (understandable as it's new but maybe a longer stock timer amount?)

Seen the xenomorph head light up... react in any way... or snatch a ball (it seems DOA)

I saw one poor guy's game literally last less than 3 minutes. Lost each ball almost immediately and maybe ONE ball save was offered.

Still the good news is people seem fascinated with it

#11402 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Damn.....sad news about Bill.....rip

Yeah there's certainly no reason to watch the TV remake of "Training Day" now... he brought some grit to it and made it bearable. Was great seeing him on a weekly TV show in any case.

1 week later
#11611 2 years ago

What's the brand then since you guys are so certain? Was that ever divulged?

#11621 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Reagrding the monitor: the price seems high but keep in mind that it has to withstand a lot of moving and vibration from the machine itself. What makes you think that the monitor in the picture is consumer grade ?? I have had plenty of monitors from a whole range of brands, but I never saw such a sturdy metal casing around it.
That said: it is not only the monitor that you pay for, also the system to hang it inside the backbox, connections to the CPU (they have to use a system with three outputs instead of two), extra time to install it in the backbox etc. You cannot just buy a 150 dollar screen and then it is magically installed inside the cabinet. It is all work that has to be done.

I think they said they make their own metal bracket for it. So that doesn't tell anybody anything about the brand of the monitor.

I'm sure it's a decent monitor and frankly they deserve to build in some profit on their product but I find it amusing that so many people over here parrot this "it's commercial grade!" when they have NO idea. Even that "review" didn't know the manufacturer and Andrew has never apparently divulged it.

Once again I'm sure it's more than adequate... just pointing out the typical internet "present something as fact repeatedly" when people obviously don't know for sure.

Like I told the other joker over here trying to besmirch Andrew's name by claiming his "friends" couldn't get a refund... prove it when you state a so-called fact

#11710 2 years ago

Lotta expected chest pumping going on here but I certainly am secure enough to say that I don't find seeing "YOU FAILED" every three minutes fun. At all. And my favorite game is TWD which kicks my ass consistently but doesn't do a repetitive, video-gamey "YOU FAILED" after every mode attempt.

It just seems to take you out of the whole movie feel (I won't use the "I" word ... just a splash of blood and skull symbol would say it all.

I LIKE the way it doesn't scream "jackpot" during the multiballs. I'd much rather here the voices yelling in a firefight.

So at the end of a mode attempt you'll either die (lose the ball) or go on with the fight... there wouldn't be a guy standing over you holding a big sign saying "YOU FAILED".

Just seems to take you out of the mood and add an arcade quality that the rest of the game nicely does not. Why stick to the whole movie feel for everything else, including the multiballs and then lose the feel every mode attempt with a jarring "YOU FAILED"?

Just doesn't seem to fit... to me anyways. Plus as often as it will happen (which is not a bad thing) it seems mindlessly repetitive - while the rest of the game fortunately does not.

You guys can now send me my "attempted to make a point in a forum thread" consolation trophy that I can display in my safe place

#11713 2 years ago

That would be a first!

#11718 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I actually don't mind the "You Failed" message, just mix it up so I'm not seeing it constantly. I suck and will see it a whole more that I'd like to admit. How about adding "you suck" "you fucken suck" "you worthless POS" "please die" "you're dead" "Alien dinner" "facehuggin sperm bank" (does that last one make any sense??
I'm good with a variety and I can handle the insults.

Then it sounds like you need a RZ pinball! That'll scratch your masochistic itch.

#11720 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

RE: "You Failed"... not really sure what the big deal is, other than it does seem kind of like something from an FPS video game. Not sure everyone who enjoys pinball really digs FPS shooters & that sort of interaction. But in the end, this is Heighway's game and for me, it's not a big deal. It could be one of their signature messages that they put in all games

lol Maybe we should get some buttons made for shows "Alien Pinball - YOU FAILED!"

It's not a huge deal - but it's a forum so we talk. HP has been the best at communicating and actually listening to some of the more sane suggestions from the group so I think it's helpful... somehow.

#11743 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If you don't like the "you failed" message there's a foolproof way to avoid it...

Well since we have so far seen *nobody* avoid it even ONCE...ever.... the only foolproof way would be not to buy or play the machine.

But I'd hate to use this "foolproof" option

2 weeks later
#12203 2 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Alien booth. Almost our turn!

Looks good! Don't forget to get that other beacon on

Edit: I officially blame this epic posting fail on my dark macbook air screen. and my old eyes apparently. And anything else I can come up with in the future.

#12205 2 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Looks like a fire alarm and not a beacon. LOL

EDIT: I see what you mean...lol Yeah I thought that was one of the tall skinny beacons on first glance. I think this photo was a conspiracy to embarrass me!! Damn my eyes are worse than I thought.

1 week later
#12554 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Heighway uses monitors for commercial use (not consumer monitors).

What's the actual brand then...since you are so certain? What if someone wants to look up it's actual specs, etc?

Without a verifiable manufacturer one might figure they simply got a deal on a bulk order of no-name "commercial" screens?

Not a big issue but it's been asked before and never answered.

#12558 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I would guess Wells Gardner, thats kind of the industry standard.

I wouldn't guess though... otherwise HP would have stated that when they were asked the question a while ago.

1 week later
#12735 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Did some middle do the night streaming on code .94, unfortunately no large display function yet as I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped. One game that was good and you can see a lot. A lot of bad games where you can't see much.
» YouTube video

Nice job. I finally saw a mode completed

The gutsy sound the spinners make on both orbits seems to be gone. Hopefully this wasn't removed and you just need to adjust a switch when you can finally pull the glass.

Constructive criticism for HP: The left and right ramps sounds are pretty faint... maybe a bit of a volume boost might give better audio feedback? Plus the sounds are awfully similar - but maybe this was intended.

1 week later
#12913 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm predicting 3 more pages of arguing before any announcement

Really going out on a limb there with that prediction

#13086 2 years ago

In an apparent nod to "Alien Day" Adam Goldberg in "The Goldbergs" wears a black Alien t-shirt for the episode. cute.

(got the timing just right too) Wednesday night...

#13248 2 years ago

I forget - are they really asking $800 to light up those two ramps? Yeah at those prices I'd say they deserve a critical look... zip ties and all.

#13385 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its an Archie Bunker quote, I'm a big All in the Family fan, love his english mistakes and sayings oh and who can forget bible quotes like this,
» YouTube video

Yeah it's a classic show. I'm positively enruptured with it.

On another note the new Alien movie is spoiled for me... I don't want to see redneck funnyman 'Kenny Powers' in the Alien universe... sure he'll undoubtedly be eaten immediately but (here comes the hated word) "immersion" = GONE

1 week later
#13819 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Man that backbox is wayyyyy heavier than expected. Slim like a spring break bitch but definetly weighs a lot more than a normal backbox from the old era.
Deeply impressed by the quality so far. Built like a tank.

Hmmm looks like they indeed used lower profile beacons on the backbox after all. Looks a lot better than the tall skinny ones originally shown.

They don't actually rotate internally do they? That might be asking a little much

Good job HP! I figured that might get lost in the shuffle. Nice to see a company actively working to integrate potential customers suggestions.

#13821 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Will try to get it running tonight. Will check the Beacons but it looks as they are rotating inside!
Right now I'm a bit lost to assemble the backbox as I have no help right now and that thing is impressively massive

Yeah man... congrats! Looks great. I'm appropriately jealous right now. Keep us updated.

#13889 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Regs only afaik

So the standard models can also come with the beacons? I guess so...

#13915 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Here is a video of Ambush Multiball with the new Zeno Mech
Sorry for the shakey Camera lol
Enjoy
This game is so freaking awesome
» YouTube video

Definitely needs some flashers during the xeno ball grab though... right now most of the sequence takes place in pitch darkness. But that would be perfect for a strobe effect. I know the game has no flashers but they should be able to simulate something up near the xeno head...

3 weeks later
#15131 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That prop was in LA at The Egyptian Theatre. I have pictures of me sitting in its lap! The next day it caught fire and burned.....

Damn your cigar habit!

#15159 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

me...back in the day
...back to Alien...

Geez Ted you were a badass!

What happened to ya buddy?

1 month later
#15580 1 year ago

Recieved my shaker from Heighway yesterday!! Thanks Helmut!
Remaining LE parts should ship soon, I have been told by Daniel!
Thanks to the Heighway Team....
Looking forward to the huge update that David and the Software team are working on!

If that's a red tremor then that will certainly test every connection in the machine. You may want to read the thread about "taming the red tremor"... might be prudent with parts and schematics in short supply.

1 month later
#16150 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i agree. not looking to turn things into a dog and pony show. i stated i had something to share and that it will take time to complete. i'm not instigating things at this point.

i am a nobody, but do consider myself a pinball critic. someone who has played during five decades, knows what he likes, can see what doesn't look right, etc. you want to talk ridiculous, let's talk ridiculous. people are spending ridiculous amounts of money for these games. they should be as informed as possible to any and all circumstances surrounding the purchase of any $6K-9K machine [not just alien]. my observations are exactly that, a point worth considering when it comes to purchasing this title. even if people choose to dismiss it, at least they were aware of it and better prepared to make an informed decision.
while everybody has been discussing theme, art, sound, Andrew's promises, the survival of the company, pricing, it is not surprising that they may miss something in the game play. not everyone is breaking down videos, the history of the playfield's development, and subsequent/ongoing software updates to arrive at a conclusion. if i can point out something that i feel is worthwhile and a help to others in a logical, intelligent, factual manner - i'm going to do it. nobody who is associated with this game - nobody who is an advocate for this game - is going to tell you. who are you going to hear it from??
if you want to SEE who i am, i was among those getting games ready at the museum of pinball last sunday. does anybody in that crowd look they work with/for Kaneda?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca#post-3926811

The few people that actually have the game seem to like the gameplay. Getting parts, etc is another issue.

That would seem to invalidate your theory that there is a hidden flaw(s) in the PF layout that hinders the player's enjoyment to any significant extent. I know the upper lock shot has been criticized as being "too difficult" but doable.

Still I like reading any calm and rational discussion so please continue. In the future you may want to observe the rules of capitalization. Not capitalizing makes your post seem like one giant run-on sentence. You could say that's a not-so-hidden flaw that hinders my enjoyment

1 week later
#16434 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A very cool way to make a spinner target, as you could actually battle it, and have to make success shots as it attacks you!
I designed one back in early 70's that might work for this.
Its based on the pic below, where the Alien would actually appear a bit anImated in a strIp print,
with a magnetic connection, and a roll back to a electro magnet lock, to start agaIn,
and/or with a slight tilt mechanism to each position.
It can be done!

Cool idea Art. I could see this as a neat and different pinball toy. Old school mechanical also.

1 month later
#17439 1 year ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Hi All
Sorry for delay in more info on the game.
Have been working dubble overtime this week and cant play when the cildren sleeps ( says my wife ... ) .
So i have got like 2 hour of gaming on the maschine , i have tested Alien and Aliens mode.
Booth moods looks fine and works as they should so far.
I have palyed most on Alien mode , just to try to understand the rules and combos to get the game going.
The Alien eats the ball nice , no problem ( sorry for the bad pictures , but tired to take them when i played myself )
I am not used to a 4 flipper pinball game and sometime i forgott to use the 2 upper once.
What can i say abou the game.
The sound is good ( a little high on the lowest level ) quallity and the different "alien" sound is realy nice !!!
The gun reloding sound i like a lot .
All over the game sound nice.
The movie clip in the monitors ( i have the 27" screen in the back box , i say everyone should spend the money on that one , it is the thing that makes the game ) is several and good once.
The eggs is changing color and it lights up the top of the game.
In the lower parts around the 10" monitor in the playfield the game is darker and i have to had som lights on in my room , no big deal but my other games are brighter.
The ball have many ways to move and it is a lot to aim and hit in the different game modes/missions .
The Ailen and Ailens game are different so it feels like you are playing 2 different games when you change , the video do a lot of this feeling.
So i cant say so much more right now , need to play more to leran the game and the angels to aim on the ramps and targets.
But all over the game works for 100% and i will work hard on ot the comming weekend.
Hope that there will be some delivivery in USA by Cointakers and in Canada by Nitro Pinball so we can have some more pictures and feedback on the game.
Wow i am the 5 best player on Alien in the pinside !!!! 30.502.930 ( well not for long but i can be happy all day out today , you all will show me nice number the comming weeks )
Enjoy.

Nice creepy pics. Really shows the visual appeal of the game. Glad to see them finally getting to customers.

#17642 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What of the breaking face huggers? I wonder if there’s a solution?

Soft rubber that nicely shakes during gameplay always eventually gives out. Just like the original "softie" AFM aliens. They all finally lost their appendages also.

All you can do is periodically replace 'em or use a stiffer version like the semi-hard AFM versions. Ok that sentence doesn't sound quite right

I doubt if they will offer a different facehugger for a while so you just have to hope you can buy replacements from the company without too much fuss. "Fuss" being the key word when it comes to getting parts from Heighway.

#17993 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here are are some pics of the game being unboxed and set up. The game plays great, I had a small issue with cpu randomly resetting. , but tightened cables, tightened up couple of cable screws to cpu, seems to have fixed the problem. Also little tweaks here and there nothing major. ALIEN heads needs a little adjusting. Going to g o over machine tomorrow and dial it in. Great game, very fun and challenging.

Hey you got the beacons!

Do your side "blades" light up if you turn the main lighting down to 8 or so? This was described as the bug that stops them from lighting up when the lights are all set to ten.

I ask because most of these new vids I see sadly have the interior side lighting out... and I suspect that would help light the PF and add some atmosphere. Maybe some new owners don't even realize they are supposed to light up?

Congrats to the patient folk over here.

#17996 1 year ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I think that the lighting of the interior side blades is an option on SE.

Yeah after I wrote that I started to wonder if they were indeed a standard feature on every model. That would explain it.

#18172 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

We just completed a video of the new Alien pinball machine. Love this game!!!!!!
» YouTube video
I hope you enjoy it!
GAP

Hey I finally get to see some modes finished. Good work.

Maybe it's actually a good thing the pops seldom seem to fire on any of these games... gives you more time to complete the modes

2 weeks later
#18536 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Actually I can't imagine how the face huggers would break...mine are very "rubbery"/flexible.

Just like the rubbery martians on AFM... after enough shaking their appendages tend to fly off. In this case it will be their tail...

They need to have replacements available and cheap or come out with a version made of stiffer plastic/rubber (like the choices with AFM).

The stiffer martians don't flail around so nicely but they do last forever.

2 weeks later
#18861 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I’ve always thought of the Chestburster shot as similar to the Start Mode shot on Shadow.

And I love that shot! When I first got that game way back when I'd sometimes have "mode less" games as I couldn't hit that shot. After a while you get better at it but the satisfaction of making it never goes away. Thank god most machines do indeed have a couple tough shots hidden in there somewhere.

Hard to believe there are some that actually want games to have every shot be "equally difficult"... now that would be a recipe for a yawner.

#18862 1 year ago

Here are 4 Brand New gameplay videos I just made for our friend greenhornet
Hope everyone enjoys
Lots and Lots of Shots to Chestburster and to the Hypersleep Ramp

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

These are nice. Awesome to be able to hear all the sounds without someone chattering away non-stop. Good self-control

#18888 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Took my Alien LE refunds and put it towards a AFMR LE. Too much drama
and unknowns with this pin to think i could purchase a LE and receive it any time soon. I'm happy again and looking forward to a outstanding new pin.

You mean "outstanding OLD pin". I still have mine and would never sell it as it's a fun game but a lot of us got bored with it 15 years ago

Classic layout though if you don't have another with it... sez something that GOTG and Met use almost exactly the same thing.

4 months later
#21408 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

A lot of people hear a lot of things.
But they don't SAY anything to stay in the good graces of pinball companies they want to be buddy-buddy with.

I'm sure this is true but just to play devil's advocate here... didn't you just do this right in this thread (I think)?

You stated Spooky's new machine "has issues" but when somebody else asked you to elaborate you stayed mum (unless I missed the answer).

No offense... your post simply reminded me of your previous statement. And I'm sure this is related only to gameplay/layout gripes, etc...

1 week later
#21865 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Different approach here in the UK, we don't have guns and stuff, just bailiffs and debt collectors...

Statistically London is apparently now second only to Bangladesh in knife violence so you do indeed have "stuff" that be used against somebody and their family.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
15,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside