DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 601.
#10151 7 years ago

Looks like fun! I like the small LCD - certainly an improvement over the "Queen in a can" (IMHO). Also glad to hear they will be using black under the flipper bats - you can see it's needed in the shot above.

#10152 7 years ago

That looks Amazing!

Big difference from Expo!

#10153 7 years ago

The big LCD is the back seems to have different (more) information than the LCD on the playfield, it is not just a mirror.

#10154 7 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

LCD bezel is just being true to original shape of Sulaco's airlock opening....

Later,
EV

A-ha! I figured there had to be some reasoning behind it that I missed. Thx

#10155 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The big LCD is the back seems to have different (more) information than the LCD on the playfield, it is not just a mirror.

That's probably a sizing error. At Expo when they were setting up the machines, that type of thing was occurring on the backbox display until they had everything configured properly.

Edit: it is odd, though, as that information to the right doesn't seem to be appearing anywhere else?

#10156 7 years ago

would love to see some video, esp the new left ramp and return.

#10157 7 years ago

Game looks amazing except for the size of the beacons. They look very bad. Lower profile beacon lights are a must, if they exist.

#10158 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oddly enough... it IS a toy!

It may be a toy but its an industrial toy !

#10159 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

it is odd, though, as that information to the right doesn't seem to be appearing anywhere else?

That info on the right didn't appear there by accident, it was put there. The only way it is different from playfield is because there are 2 different feeds.

#10160 7 years ago

It would be nice if the beacons could be smaller and raise up from inside the backbox....

#10161 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I noticed that too, may have to get it after all..

#10162 7 years ago

Does anyone else look at this game and immediately think: Sega?

#10163 7 years ago

This

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10164 7 years ago

I think the game is looking great!

#10165 7 years ago

Also if Andrew could custom make a pinball machine for every slight variation that the guys on pinside nitpick...that'd be great too. With more re-designs and re-orderings of parts we'll shoot for 2019.

baby-cries (resized).jpgbaby-cries (resized).jpg

#10166 7 years ago

Just played Alien!! (and Batman 66 + Aerosmith).
It's looking great. Very unusual shots and feels that some good thought has gone into the layout and 'new' shots I've not seen before. 4 flippers and a hidden lane. Artwork very good and loads of fun. Can't wait until it's on location.

#10167 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Also if Andrew could custom make a pinball machine for every slight variation that the guys on pinside nitpick...that'd be great too. With more re-designs and re-orderings of parts we'll shoot for 2019.

Yeah I guess we should have just stuck with the coffee can, white flipper inserts, etc ... damn Pinside and their unhelpful suggestions!

#10168 7 years ago

...beat me to it!

#10169 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I guess we should have just stuck with the coffee can, white flipper inserts, etc ... damn Pinside and their unhelpful suggestions!

At some point, enough is enough...deliver the games...if every game is perfect you'll put all the Mod makers out of business. I'm pro small business, also pro-getting a game delivered this century.

#10170 7 years ago

The playfield and the art on the playfield look great.

Looking forward to playing one.

#10171 7 years ago

I think it's looking really good.

#10172 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That info on the right didn't appear there by accident, it was put there. The only way it is different from playfield is because there are 2 different feeds.

Understood. I still suspect that it's an error and the information to the right is not supposed to be up there at that time. Was at the machines for the first 45 minutes of Expo waiting for them to power up/watching people play, and the backbox image not taking up the full screen size happened a bit until they reached in and started adjusting the dimensions of that display. People played a couple games with this configuration until Andrew was satisfied that the machines were running fine.

#10173 7 years ago

The suggestions were good and helpful...but, yes, it has to stop sometime. We're still a ways off though. Needs MUCH more testing....

#10174 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Understood. I still suspect that it's an error and the information to the right is not supposed to be up there at that time. Was at the machines for the first 45 minutes of Expo waiting for them to power up, and the backbox image not taking up the full screen size happened a bit until they reached in and started adjusting the dimensions of that display. People played a couple games with this configuration until Andrew was satisfied that the machines were running fine, in general.

Yep. Apparently this has been confirmed as a tech issue.

#10176 7 years ago

I'm like a T-Rex; I can't see it if it's not moving. Video please.

#10177 7 years ago

Maybe that rogue info is supposed to be on the mini lcd.

#10178 7 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Just played Alien!! (and Batman 66 + Aerosmith).
It's looking great. Very unusual shots and feels that some good thought has gone into the layout and 'new' shots I've not seen before. 4 flippers and a hidden lane. Artwork very good and loads of fun. Can't wait until it's on location.

Good to hear, thanks for posting. Do shots to the middle ramp (from upper right flipper) go into a ball lock now and / or get diverted back to the left flipper? It looks like a sleep chamber ball lock toy has been added to the game?

#10179 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Maybe that rogue info is supposed to be on the mini lcd.

Interesting - it looks as if all LCD info is generated on one "display" and then each individual screen grabs a section of that and scales appropriately.

#10180 7 years ago

Unfortunately didn't get that far as only 1 game. Was at the EAG London and a big queue to play. I did try to make that shot but I think the right flipper was under powered as only went half way up (could be my bad shot) but looks like the Warp shot on Star Trek.

#10181 7 years ago

By the way, the screen issue was the same here not filling up the whole screen but only in the back box and not the play field screen. Andy said it was a minor technical issue so should be sorted soon.

#10182 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good to hear, thanks for posting. Do shots to the middle ramp (from upper right flipper) go into a ball lock now and / or get diverted back to the left flipper? It looks like a sleep chamber ball lock toy has been added to the game?

Whoever is there...just ask him.

#10183 7 years ago

Vids!!

#10184 7 years ago

Those old-school orange beacons are an eyesore! Dammit, i didn't want to complain about this machine but would probably pass on those and build my own out of a tow truck light!

Screenshot_20170118-104719 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170118-104719 (resized).png

#10185 7 years ago

I think we forgot what "old school" beacons looked like.

pdvd_112.3 (resized).jpegpdvd_112.3 (resized).jpeg

#10186 7 years ago

The beacon in the scene it definitely the "old school" mechanical (a reflector rotating around a stationary light) but it does look lower profile than what's on those games. I do think they look a little too tall but that's picking nits - the effect with them going is probably pretty awesome. I don't think a strobe or LED would be appropriate for the theme. Overall this game is looking great, can't wait to see one in person!

#10187 7 years ago

Although the newer style beacons have that clicky "flash" that would probably look more like a playfield flasher, I agree on them needing to be old school. The spinning mechanical beacons are much cooler Looking AND they arent as irritant to the eye as the flash ones are. Machine looks awesome otherwise. Cant wait to play one.

#10188 7 years ago

In the end, especially if Heighway has already stocked these, it will be the easiest, and least expensive topper mod to do!

#10189 7 years ago

"Dee-Bow!! What did i tell ya about bitchin' on the internet?! Shut yer'yapper & Get back to work!"

"Sawrry"

Old school beacons make total sense alien franchise wise! & I would be very content with either style if there was one in my house!

#10190 7 years ago

Looks great but I have to say that the beacons look a little too large for the backbox, I prefer this look.

alienpinball (resized).jpgalienpinball (resized).jpg

#10191 7 years ago

Can't blame heighway for it though.
Do the beacons look stupid? Yes
Does the current market especially home market like stupid looking things on top of their machines? Yes

#10192 7 years ago

Game looks really good. Love the backboard graphics.

#10193 7 years ago

has to be the older style rotating yellow beacons as per in the film

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#10194 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The physical lock mechanism was always part of the ramp design, they just tweeked it since Expo. What's new is the Hypersleep chamber plastic that will show the 3 locked balls inside the chamber.

They stated before that rules are tied into it, like if you have a ball physically locked & you're able to save your ball in the hypersleep outlane, then it will release the locked ball back into play to continue your game, etc etc. But they haven't really showed an up close video of that area of the ramp to show how it actually works. At least that's how I understand it.

lock (resized).jpglock (resized).jpg

#10195 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Where does the ball exit from the middle ramp? Back down the left rail (same as left ramp) or somewhere else?

Pretty sure when a ball is released from the hypersleep chamber, it drops down & exits via the LT loop.

#10196 7 years ago

You can always swap the tall beacons for the pancake style. I would use a wide L bracket and move them back so that they are flush with the front of the back box since the box it is so skinny.

01_0172_group_290px (resized).jpg01_0172_group_290px (resized).jpg

#10197 7 years ago

I just want my beacons to look like they did in the films. I think these are close to that, though large for HP's thin backbox. I also don't recall any major complaints about them from the release party last fall. I'm afraid any changes with them could be worse and would rather them focus on polishing the game play and rules at this point.

#10198 7 years ago

Recorded video of alien and Aerosmith, will upload later tonight

#10199 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I played it today, I was able
To make the top ramp shot with the right timing, I believe from memory when lock was lit the ball diverted and was locked instead of being fed back to the left flipper.
I love how the whole atmosphere changes along with the music and lights when going into different modes.
If Andy and the team can address the reliability issues they will be onto a winner, I also played B66 and Aero Smith at the show and by far my favorite game was Alien.
I am sure when the back screen is running properly at full screen mode it will look a lot better than being 75% of the screen.

IMG_5215 (resized).JPGIMG_5215 (resized).JPG

IMG_5216 (resized).JPGIMG_5216 (resized).JPG

#10200 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The physical lock mechanism was always part of the ramp design, they just tweeked it since Expo. What's new is the Hypersleep chamber plastic that will show the 3 locked balls inside the chamber.
They stated before that rules are tied into it, like if you have a ball physically locked & you're able to save your ball in the hypersleep outlane, then it will release the locked ball back into play to continue your game, etc etc. But they haven't really showed an up close video of that area of the ramp to show how it actually works. At least that's how I understand it.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation, that is very helpful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.