• 24,896 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,875 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC2CD5AA-B856-4BD8-9C0C-EED08214398A (resized).jpeg
7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wontwa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Alien LE #69
Just had my Seiko Ridley Remake delivered. Looking fwd to the progress of this pin. Hope it turns out well cause I'm not sure if I can return the watch.

Nice - ordered the watch about a week ago, shipped Monday, currently waiting. How long did it take for yours to show up, if you don't mind my asking?

10 months later
#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I got games in in both modes suffice to say that the Alien mode is every bit as Alien as the Aliens Mode is Aliens.
As for production im pretty lax but i would like to see games start shipping this year
Come on, cat
--Jeff

I played a few games in each mode, and agree with this 100%. I was real blown away by how well the game captured the tone of each film, and by the game as a whole. My expectations were exceeded, by a lot (and they were high - our daughter's name is Ripley for crying out loud).

1 month later
#9360 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that's the one and only "source" in all of google-land, basically saying he gets it if she agrees....according to...him. Maybe other people pursuing the license had a different takeaway on her position if she is even on record.

During a tour I took with my family Jody told us that Stern had conversations regarding licensing Harry Potter, and basically said the above (though, this was when Tron was on the line - this could have changed since then). I'm not a Harry Potter fan and didn't bring up the topic to him, for whatever that's worth.

#9364 2 years ago

Found some video I took of my son playing Alien the Saturday morning of Expo right after the machines got up and running. Not the greatest for seeing multiple modes, etc. but it's something - uploaded it here:

4 weeks later
#9644 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have played both dialed in and alien pinball and in my mind alien is so much better then dialed in; don't get me wrong dialed in is cool, but the theme is just not that great and just wierd the sound, animations, and toys on alien are way better at this point.

^ I couldn't agree with this more. the shots on dialed in feel good, build quality and effects seem nice - but it's probably the least engaged i've ever felt while playing a game.

3 weeks later
#10066 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Can you (or anyone) compare the Fiber Optics on the ramps rom Full Throttle to Tron? The ones on the Tron LE I've seen are totally awesome. The ones in that Full Throttle video don't instill same sense of awesomeness to me. But, sometimes it's hard to tell from a video of the true impact.
Hopefully, there be one in my area I can check out..

In another portion of the thread I believe Andrew confirms that the ramp lighting is done by the same person/people who did the Tron LE ramp lighting.

#10155 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The big LCD is the back seems to have different (more) information than the LCD on the playfield, it is not just a mirror.

That's probably a sizing error. At Expo when they were setting up the machines, that type of thing was occurring on the backbox display until they had everything configured properly.

Edit: it is odd, though, as that information to the right doesn't seem to be appearing anywhere else?

#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That info on the right didn't appear there by accident, it was put there. The only way it is different from playfield is because there are 2 different feeds.

Understood. I still suspect that it's an error and the information to the right is not supposed to be up there at that time. Was at the machines for the first 45 minutes of Expo waiting for them to power up/watching people play, and the backbox image not taking up the full screen size happened a bit until they reached in and started adjusting the dimensions of that display. People played a couple games with this configuration until Andrew was satisfied that the machines were running fine.

1 month later
#11775 2 years ago

I've followed this thread since the beginning, and realize that there have been repeated missed deadlines, etc. and that everyone's enthusiasm is raised from the positive response on the shipped games. I'm as excited as anyone to order one of these. But also, maybe not the worst idea to remember that internet forum time is different than actual real world production time? Sitting on here hanging on every post, it *feels* like it's been forever since the two games have shipped. I know it feels like 3 months since those two games shipped - but in reality, it's been what, 3 weeks between the two of them? The video posted within the last two days shows 6 or 7 games in the background being worked on.

Things are in motion, we've all made it this far - just thinking that maybe some perspective on internet forum time vs. production time might help us get through this last stretch...especially when dealing with part manufacturers, last minute changes like removing the coffee can, etc.

1 month later
#13328 2 years ago

badaae8e9b1f577c6f1f07b2c545b864 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middleborough, MA
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wontwa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside