• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 494.
#10251 2 years ago

The beacons look fine at any height.

Seriously though, I'm excited again about owning this machine. Its really come together. My only complaint.... (NO RIPLEY) but you can't always get what you want. Maybe a talented coder could hack into the system later and add some Ripley action for a home game.

beaconcheeseburger (resized).jpg

#10252 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The beacons look fine at any height

Man, those high ones look KILLER!

They'll be on the Super Duper $15,000 LE for sure.

rd

#10253 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The way some are carrying on, the size of the beacons is going to cause the implosion of the planet....

They're too big. Doesn't stop me from being fully paid up and excited though!!
Wolvie's too big for X-Men. Great game though!!!

#10254 2 years ago

Beacons aside, when are we going to see a live video of the Xeno head grabbing a ball.

Should be the first thing you show people if you want to sell games.

The wow-factor and reliability of this mechanism is fairly important.

hash tag: zero *ucks beacon

#10255 2 years ago

While I appreciate gameplay videos posted by players trying out the game for the first time, they can be painfully boring to watch when that player cannot accomplish goals and proceed through the game.

Any chance for a complete, official gameplay video by a player who knows and understands the game? The teaser videos don't demonstrate any flow or shots being made - they only show a flipper hitting a ball and balls dropping into holes.

#10256 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

While I appreciate gameplay videos posted by players trying out the game for the first time, they can be painfully boring to watch when that player cannot accomplish goals and proceed through the game.
Any chance for a complete, official gameplay video by a player who knows and understands the game? The teaser videos don't demonstrate any flow or shots being made - they only show a flipper hitting a ball and balls dropping into holes.

I would also love to see a proper gameplay video with someone that really knows the rules talking us through it.
I think it's probably safe to assume that the game is not complete enough for an official gameplay video at this point. Otherwise Heighway Pinball themselves would have released one by now, surely.

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

I think it's probably safe to assume that the game is not complete enough for an official gameplay video at this point. Otherwise Heighway Pinball themselves would have released one by now, surely.

OR, they've been busy finishing the game

#keepyerpantson

#10258 2 years ago

i played this yesterday at EAG as well. it felt like a totally different experience to playing the three Sterns 30m away along the carpet, all of them two-flipper fan layouts and garish colour schemes. This has 4 flippers so the shots go in different directions, it has 3 screens, it has a hidden lane (lane of death, currently, but no doubt a rubbered post can sort that out), and it even has outlane-inlane gates and rubber posts so you can rescue a lost ball (think Centaur).

add to this the fact the glass lifts out instead of sliding out, which immediately makes the footprint 2 feet smaller and allows a game in a smaller space (or more in a room) .... plus the price being so much more competitive than the Sterns ..... i think things are looking up. Go Andy!

#10259 2 years ago

Will there be one at Allentown??

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Will there be one at Allentown??

We have a kit ordered for our full throttle at The Sanctum. Andrew said Feb for us. So if no one is bringing one to Allentown, I can Ted.

-Jim

#10261 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Beacons aside, when are we going to see a live video of the Xeno head grabbing a ball.
Should be the first thing you show people if you want to sell games.
The wow-factor and reliability of this mechanism is fairly important.
hash tag: zero *ucks beacon

It has been shown and it looks pretty disappointing IMO. The mechanism looks like a stick with a magnet glued onto the end and it moves way too slow.

That's the only disappointment that I have with this game so far, but it's a very important feature as you stated. Hopefully it is improved on production models.

#10262 2 years ago

Cool! Thanks Jim!!

#10263 2 years ago

Hi guys,
I have an idea for the "beacons problem" :

Buy the standard edition (like me) and all your problems will gone away... classic black trims, no beacons, first games to be shipped

Have a nice wait (you too)

#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It has been shown and it looks pretty disappointing IMO. The mechanism looks like a stick with a magnet glued onto the end and it moves way too slow.
That's the only disappointment that I have with this game so far, but it's a very important feature as you stated. Hopefully it is improved on production models.

We've seen a production video , side view in full lighting. Funny enough I watched the Alien movie over the weekend and was surprised that, in that scene, the projectile tongue (or whatever its called) looked more like what is in the Alien promotion video than i ever thought it did.

I expect that from the player perspective in show lighting , the effect will be downright chill-inducing.

#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That's some golden advice right there. The way some are carrying on, the size of the beacons is going to cause the implosion of the planet....

Implosion of the planet?!

I'm thinking probably not. But those beacons do look like poop!

#10266 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, those high ones look KILLER!
They'll be on the Super Duper $15,000 LE for sure.
rd

Not liking the big orange dildos.

#10267 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not liking the big orange dildos.

Come on, you love big orange dildos, who doesn't?

#10270 2 years ago

Are people forgetting how cool The Getaway's red rotating beacon topper looks in a dark gameroom during multiball??? I mean come on! Same thing on Alien, but it's twice as awesome with TWO beacons.

I'm glad they when with authentic mechanical look that matches the film & not some cheap LED effect. Keep pressing on Heighway

#10271 2 years ago

Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg

#10272 2 years ago

Instead of folks saying the beacons look bad why don't we ask Andrew if its possible they can be changed prior to shipping?

If they've purchased 1000 sets and they are non-refundable you can say they look like crap all day but they're going on the game.

#10273 2 years ago

It seems like the beacons would be the easiest thing to mod if someone cared to. Time to get these games out the door.

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems like the beacons would be the easiest thing to mod if someone cared to. Time to get these games out the door.

Hold the games for the people bellyaching about the beacons, ship the rest. The beacon experts will likely come around when they stare longingly at the empty space where their Alien should be setting.

#10275 2 years ago

The beacons look fine, it would be nice if the base was recessed in the head, but as its also availible as a mod I can see why they didnt. The effect of the rotating beacons in a dark room will be killer, had it on my safecracker and loved it.

Agreed time to get 'em shipping!

#10276 2 years ago

Yeah lets get these games shipping and then individually people can mod them out to there liking, I just want to play the thing already.

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from whatchapopo:

Hi guys,
I have an idea for the "beacons problem" :

Bee-Do Bee-Do Bee-Do!

Bee-doo-291x300 (resized).jpg

#10278 2 years ago

Really...beacongate....c'mon people its the easiest "problem" to fix ever...good god let them send this game out to those who have been waiting...

#10279 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Really...beacongate....c'mon people its the easiest "problem" to fix ever...good god let them send this game out to those who have been waiting...

Is anyone telling them not to finish the game but to change the design? I didn't think so...just people saying it doesn;t look that great which is the same as 95% of any game ever released here.

#10280 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is anyone telling them not to finish the game but to change the design?

#10281 2 years ago

Ah yes that doesn't make a lot of sense does it. Sorry I sort of misread what cosmo was trying to say.

#10282 2 years ago

Are these still proto machines or from the production line?

#10283 2 years ago

A few weeks ago Andrew said:

23 Standards are on the line. Parts are arriving every day.
We are flat out finishing the first 3 games for EAG next week. This is the major European coin-op trade show in Europe.
We aim to have 3 x Aliens there and 3 x Full Throttles.
With heavy snowfall forecast over the next 24 hours, we are hoping the roads will be clear as more parts are due to be collected tomorrow.
Finishing off the other 20 SEs won't take long. Most parts are in stock. LEs still on course for next month.

Quoted from spfxted:

Are these still proto machines or from the production line?

#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

3 Full Throttles and 2 Aliens. Sadly both Aliens out of action all day. I did not go but know a few people that did. Andrew said board problems apparently.

Quoted from unigroove:

Correct. In the morning techs were trying to get the Alien games going in the HP booth. In the afternoon the games were taken from the showfloor.

Has there been any further information on the "board problems"?

#10285 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

A code update, that did not travel with them

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Uh, excuse me sir, we are currently discussing the beacons. Please do not steer this thread any further off topic!

#10287 2 years ago

you know when people are just pissing and moaning about the toppers then things are going better...

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A code update, that did not travel with them

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The screen alignment issues were down to software adjustments only. We needed an update just before the show and unfortunately I couldn't download a 1GB file at the show. It's a very quick fix - but shouldn't have happened.
The game is actually a lot more finished than it appeared to be.

Are these comments in reference to the alleged "board problems" that eventually led to the games being removed from the showfloor on the afternoon of the first day of the show?

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh, excuse me sir, we are currently discussing the beacons. Please do not steer this thread any further off topic!

Not that it would matter to me (If I ordered the Aliens game) but maybe this is what's bothering people...

not the height as much as the shape. IIRC the beacons looked more like the first type than the second, but what do I know... (close to nothing)

The beacon shape wouldn't matter to me at all, though.

beacons (resized).jpg

#10290 2 years ago

So EAG is over?
And no decent video of the first production games?

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you know when people are just pissing and moaning about the toppers then things are going better...

That's the spirit! This is just some playful banter about something that is not really causing anyone to lose any sleep and is not stopping orders being made. And it's NOTHING compared to the vitriol that spewed out after the playfield reveal.
There are five times as many posts complaining about the complainers as there are actual negative comments, which are all pretty light hearted.
If this is the only thing being tossed around at the moment, then we are indeed close to something great happening, and that's the best news!

#10292 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

So EAG is over?
And no decent video of the first production games?

unigroove posted a pretty decent video yesterday...

#10293 2 years ago

FYI, Andrew said I'd get one early and it will be out in NYC somewhere for all to play. Stay tuned

#10294 2 years ago

ferret
Thanks good vid

But when your in on this, you start getting excited around this time.
I just want more of it, I wanna see the ball get eaten again, you know how it is

Btw am I going to see the name "ferret" as one of the high scores when I open my game up

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Btw am I going to see the name "ferret" as one of the high scores when I open my game up

Just JOE, I think.

#10296 2 years ago

i approve. please ship me my le. idgaf if the beacons from car 54 are mounted up there!

#10297 2 years ago

Next week, we will work on the video that you have asked us for

#10298 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

has to be the older style rotating yellow beacons as per in the film

I don't think they are trying to emulate a light on the ceiling of a hallway. I thought it was the powerloader beacon they are going for? If so then I wonder why two. Two of them look like the top of a wide load semi truck. The P-5000 has one, and it's in the middle. Are the LE's movable/removable?

183182-caterpillar-power-loader-j-5000-i-aliens-i (resized).jpg

#10299 2 years ago

F-14 Tomcats didn't have big red, white, and blue beacons on them.....

The F-14 pin does though and it's fucking awesome. I'm sure these will be cool too. You just need the vibe of the movie, not the actual props they used.

#10300 2 years ago

If there is a self destruct mode/hurry up with the beacons going with playfield flashers and some of the GI out that's going to be great and really immersive, if there are plenty of moments like this in alien then the last thing anyone is going to be worried about is the size of the beacons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside