• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

This would indeed be a truly awesome toy!

magnet in the "score" hole or position should facilitate a proper landing .. or not. just a thought

3 weeks later
#1126 3 years ago

Really excited about a fog machine add-on. Anybody working an "Alien through the chest" mod .

That would be the perfect toy (that will never happen?) on this pin. I'd be very happy to be wrong on that and will whip out the wallet to prove it. Full throttle has shown they can build a great game. Now a smoking Alien theme! Time to cash in the 401k .. lol

<any financial advice herein shall be considered C r A z Y > #cuckoo

3 months later
#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Or a switch with a fixed, micro hd camera strategically placed in back box to capture gameplay...yikes!!!

Or run the football game while you play!

2 months later
#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh... No images of actors, no video of actors, no call outs from actors. That's going to be a deal breaker. Without the cast there's no movie, just an alien, random ships and weapons.

kind of like a Hillbilly, Random Zombies and Weapons.

1 month later
#4886 3 years ago

^ now that looks like an update

3 months later
#6380 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Would it be possible to implement some sort of trophy system? Similar to Pinball Arcade or PlayStation? These could be updated/added in future code updates to create additional challenges. I don't know the rules to be specific, but you could have something like collect all guns, or destroy all phases of the alien with one ball.

^This is long overdue in pinball

1 month later
#6916 2 years ago

Just picked this up in Pittsburgh Strip district Art of Steel20160731_214655_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7153 2 years ago

bump for actual update ^

#7204 2 years ago

I like the new alignment even better
Not an actual playfield

1 month later
#7800 2 years ago

Great looking game!

Playfield artwork is perfect for functionality and transitions nicely between the different sections. The lcd's will do the heavy lifting for Alien and "wow factor" displays.

Can't wait to see it play .

Congrats Andrew and team.

#7944 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There are 7 distinct skill shots that can be made from the right flipper. You don't have to select in advance, but the timer is short so you only have one chance to make the shot. Each shot awards some number of points (depending on the relative difficulty of the shot) as well as an associated award or power-up. (e.g. shooting the left orbit increases spinner value for the rest of the ball... shooting a weapon target instantly awards a weapon)
Additionally, making three different skill shots over the course of a game gives a large Super Skill point bonus.

Something tells me you would know, Joe

#8031 2 years ago

Great promo video , very exciting . I expected a bit darker on the playfield lighting and hope its only lit up for the video

#8041 2 years ago

I saw a live stream and the playfield under real conditions is way cooler

#8084 2 years ago

It processes order at 7100 so i hope its the right price

Steve Bowden via facebook is live now still

#8103 2 years ago

The consensus among a couple of people i respect, keeping in mind the freshness factor, is that it flows well and the shots feel good. The machine is in prototype stage ( i believe) and things weren't working 100%. Sounds and callouts should be top notch. Playfield lighting looks great in dark room.

pasted_image (resized).png

#8157 2 years ago

Note to Heighway Pinball :

We have a situation here where Stern and JJP are making a significant CA$H GRAB with there S(tupid)LE's and C(razy Priced)LE's.

I am hoping you guys can stick to your guns regarding pricing and value and stay away from the nonsense that Stern and JJP are creating.

People should be lining up all day to order Alien over the other titles and kits of FTH should also sell well along with that.

Announce one more killer theme right away (that people know will be in kit form for under 5K) so that we (yes i ordered last night) can realize even more value in the future.

No super LE's! ever. It's BS and insulting.

How much would i pay for this game? A reasonable price and nothing more.

Promo video was awesome but way too bright. The playfield lighting, sounds and atomsphere will sell this game along with what already seems like a nice flowing layout.

P.S. Did i miss something or weren't you playing with the idea of a fog machine hookup etc.

Not bashing the other guys, it's just my angry opinion after a shocking expo reveal night.

#8371 2 years ago

I don't really care about if i hear ripley or not and am confounded by how important it seems to some.

BUT, does the Alien software have any capabilities to be able to change out sounds if the collector chooses to do so.

Would be nice if the callout thing wasn't a dealbreaker and we could all enjoy this pin.

2 weeks later
#9067 2 years ago

Anybody thinking this isn't the place for discussions on P3's art?
Somebody say something alien related. The rest of you STFU. No , i will not be nice.

#9142 2 years ago

Luckily , this game is being programmed by 2 excellent tournament players, so i am confident that they are aware of what makes a game unbalanced.

1 week later
#9269 2 years ago

The fog machine hook-up is still a possibility.

Played Full Throttle 4 times in competition at Sanctum 24hr tournament. Very impressive flow.

1 week later
#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

I can tell you the game is being played really a lot now in Budapest at the both of RS-Pinball.
At the Hungarian Pinball Open are a Full Throttle standard and one of the 2 Alien standard from the Expo ;
You find some pictures on Facebook and soon also Videos
RS-Pinball

alien (resized).jpg

#9286 2 years ago

That gave me the chills. Glad to see a darker video and the sound / video , just amazing.

#9374 2 years ago

Is there any chance the LE's are close to sold out . I only got a choice between 3 numbers when I ordered, which was around expo reveal.

Email reply times seem to have been fixed, at least in my case. Don't get discouraged from that.

2 weeks later
#9423 2 years ago

I am hoping for graphics that give children nightmares, myself.

#9468 2 years ago

I'm in the "take your time , do it right category".

Timelines are often presented as a "best case" scenario.

Things can and will go wrong with that plan.

1 week later
#9634 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Anybody note that the end of the article says it will rotate to reveal a 5" LCD screen?

I was wondering if that was an accidental reveal or a mistake.

#9726 2 years ago

I like the idea of animating a trapped alien within the LCD. It could be a chamber one second and anything else the next.

A lot of possibilities for the programmer to innovate.

It can freak out during a multiball or mode to add to the excitement. Adding a shake effect would heighten the experience as well.

Please ignore the cable at the top and the alignment/ratio of the screen. The positioning and angle of the screen is also subject to change.

Maybe a Cadd rendering or something similar will clear up the confusion about how this will look.

#9764 2 years ago

Appreciating the rulesheet. Thanks!

1 week later
#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

From the code standpoint, no, not at all. All the game rules have been done for awhile and have been played in Wales and at a few shows. The two biggest things I'll be working on are:
1) Score balancing - tweaking point values, timers, etc to make things feel as good as possible from a risk/reward standpoint.
2) Choreography polish - more/better lighting shows is the big one, but also tweaking the A/V effects overall to be as immersive as we can. We all know atmosphere is a big deal for this theme.
I'm sure that I'll be fiddling with these things even after the game ships, but v1 is already quite solid today. (I've said it before, but Brian's code simulator is terrific, huge props to him. The code wouldn't be anywhere without his sim.)

i'm only a half hour away! Need any help? LOL

Ed Z

#9964 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You are? When'd you move to the DC area?

Magfest is on.

Be here till Sunday. I would love to come see the game and you if possible, but i am not counting on it . Can't wait to see what you do with this game . Knowing Brian and yourself , i am quite confident the software will be inventive and balanced.

#9975 2 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We have a alien kit on order for our full throttle at the Sanctum Ed. Should be here in February. I'll let you know when it's on so you can come by and try it.

Thanks! .. same applies to you if i get mine first!

#9977 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone planning to have have any Alien pins on play in NYC?

AL! Pinaholic

1 week later
#10116 2 years ago

Send me my LE and I'll make videos which will convince the rest of em to send in their bucks!!

#10177 2 years ago

Maybe that rogue info is supposed to be on the mini lcd.

#10254 2 years ago

Beacons aside, when are we going to see a live video of the Xeno head grabbing a ball.

Should be the first thing you show people if you want to sell games.

The wow-factor and reliability of this mechanism is fairly important.

hash tag: zero *ucks beacon

#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It has been shown and it looks pretty disappointing IMO. The mechanism looks like a stick with a magnet glued onto the end and it moves way too slow.
That's the only disappointment that I have with this game so far, but it's a very important feature as you stated. Hopefully it is improved on production models.

We've seen a production video , side view in full lighting. Funny enough I watched the Alien movie over the weekend and was surprised that, in that scene, the projectile tongue (or whatever its called) looked more like what is in the Alien promotion video than i ever thought it did.

I expect that from the player perspective in show lighting , the effect will be downright chill-inducing.

#10314 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Agreed. When I see people expecting this to be "downright chill-inducing" I have to laugh. In the grand scheme of special effects, this is a crappy little mechanical toy. Every effect in every pinball machine is. Doesn't mean it isn't neat, and sometimes cool. I still love blowing up the castle in MM. But they're just not very sophisticated effects. There's no chance this is going to have more than a crude resemblance to the way the scene in the movie looked, and that's OK. That said, some people expected Smaug to breath fire and fly around their basement too, so this isn't too surprising.

Magnet grabs ball. Strobe on Alien head. Scene from movie where this type of thing happens. Scream, shaker, some loud bass (add subwoofer) etc.

With proper sequencing , i stand by my expectation and furthermore DEMAND the chills!

This will (or might) be more about projecting a death scene of the movie into your head as opposed to seeing the mechanism with a spotlight on it. IMO.

One guy can dream. Others can laugh. I Respect the opinion.

#10375 2 years ago

When i played the FT at Sanctum (4 times in 24 hours) i commented how it might be the best flowing game of all time.

The only real issue i have with it is the ball return (when going through the outside lane) on the left seems to almost forces players to "pass it over", due to the ball speed not allowing a decent shot aim from the left flipper.

1 week later
#10500 2 years ago

On the other side of space pinball, in the Jetsons thread, things went so well i thought i'd bump this thread to see if we could get an uplifting update on Alien!

#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Well, that takes care of board-gate. I'll sleep better tonight.

We had beacon-fest and now board-gate, but it would be nice to see the main toy actually grab a ball, which is something we haven't seen during a gameplay video. If the machine is on the verge of shipping, then it must work OR is it still being worked out?

I don't have to be sold on this pin , i am in 100% .

I hope it's nothing, but it is quite bewildering which concerns get the most attention.

So if people would start arguing about this , that would be great.

#10590 2 years ago

The only attention Heighway needs to pay to this thread is to provide updates especially when things aren't going as planned.

I appreciate Andrew answering questions as they come up (unless, i ask them of course) , but we would be better served by less individual attention and progress reports when delays happen.

As much as people might want to say Heighway doesn't owe us anything or shouldn't post here; I think a large amount of sales have come from this thread and pinside announcements. It got me involved.

Best of luck to Heighway and Alien.

Take your time , do it right and hopefully enjoy great success.

#10617 2 years ago

Thanks Andrew , much appreciated.

I know you guys are working hard to bring us this game.

#10815 2 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the gameplay video (not sure if this is the one we've been waiting for)

At around 3:40 in the video we see balls being "locked" (through shots on the playfield) and hypersleep multiball starts. Is this the actual final gameplay behavior?

#10849 2 years ago

The only way to drink with your new Alien pin

Bradford exchange.

AlienStein (resized).png

#10921 2 years ago

Overjoyed! Many people are waiting to play.

#10923 2 years ago

Oh , and you can see the guys name address and telephone number on the pic. Not sure if that was intended.

#11001 2 years ago

edit:no longer relevant

#11080 2 years ago

Is there a direct output for an external subwoofer.

#11098 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have watched this vid like 10 times now. So excited to get to play it again soon. I really like the left ramp now.
If someone shoots another video, please have them focus on showing what shots are back-handable.

I almost feel like i'm nitpicking, but the ball says its locked and then is released. maybe there was already balls in the lock.

Can we assume normal behavior will be the balls being retained in the lock. My main concern is that everything is working as it should be upon shipping. I know one of the features is a ball being released from the lock when "draining" out of the left and nudging properly.

#11159 2 years ago

Who is feeling a little spoiled, when the entire main development team is on here answering every question.

Thanks Team Heighway!

#11177 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

cab side art, talking cab side art only...
no difference from LE to standard? apart from color.? apologies if i missed that over the course of the thread.

LE Art not yet revealed. LE's come with SE art as well.

#11221 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It is today. The waiting is killing me.

Hope you can let us in on some of the action of unboxing / testing , if you would be so kind.

#11224 2 years ago

alienburst (resized).jpg

#11230 2 years ago

It's has landed. just don't know exactly where. Pittsburgh location.

FB_IMG_1487798583463 (resized).jpg

#11235 2 years ago

There should be a live Alien game stream starting soon-ish on Facebook . If it's twitch i'll post the link here.

Join the group Fun With Bonus to get the link going when it becomes active.

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There should be a live Alien game stream starting soon-ish on Facebook . If it's twitch i'll post the link here.
Join the group Fun With Bonus to get the link going when it becomes active.

https://www.twitch.tv/heyplaythis

As of 8:32 still not on. Technical difficulties were cited. Blown fuse.

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

As of 8:32 still not on. Technical difficulties were cited. Blown fuse.

Live feed has started.

#11277 2 years ago

I'll ask what seems to be the tough question.

I saw the whole stream and not one Alien tongue grab. Is it hard to qualify this or is it not programmed as of yet.

#11315 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't really get unboxing videos, can someone please explain the appeal?

It's not the same without the smell.

#11340 2 years ago

There is a stream promised tonight (Starting roughly between 8pm and 9pm EST) from WV follow in this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-a-l-i-e-n-p-i-n-b-a-l-l-stream#post-3618704

#11341 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There is a stream promised tonight (Starting roughly between 8pm and 9pm EST) from WV follow in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-a-l-i-e-n-p-i-n-b-a-l-l-stream#post-3618704

Buffer stream is back

#11346 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No clue why the Xeno isn't growling and eating balls.

It was explained by the streamer and i witnessed it once during play; that the Xeno magnet stops ball , mouth opens , tongue comes half way out and magnet releases ball. Not sure if there are any variations to the behavior (different release sequences) , but it would appear to suggest that it isn't working properly or still under development.

For some reason the lower pop bumper and the inserts on the right loop were not lighting. The right loop itself seems to be a bit clunky; the only flow problem i could detect. The upper inner loop was fantastic as are the ramps flow.

If the ball can be detected near the opening of the left outlane drain , an animation on the lcd showing to nudge to the lit lane might help newbies understand to do something. For LCD games , i am a big proponent of having a short video tutorial of features built into attract mode or available via flipper code.

Is there anything more planned for some of the mystery awards (not 100% sure if its mystery). They are indicated by simple text and a couple of lines on the screen (Like AWARD LOCK or 15 second ball saver). Seems like it could be jazzed up a little since the ball is being held and you actually can enjoy some graphics.

Again, thanks for answering questions and to thanks to the Heighway team for making the game the best it can be.

1 week later
#11616 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Anyone know what time the Dead Flip stream of Alien is today?

6 , maybe 7 CST , according to Deadflip post

#11619 2 years ago

It's hard to try and nickel and dime Heighway pinball because they are putting out awesome full-featured widebody pins with game-swapping ability.

We need them to not only survive, but thrive; in order to gain the most value out of their existence. Get off the fence and order!

#11635 2 years ago

For those of you not following other threads , i am linking some important comments and information from Andrew and David Thiel.

Hopefully this avoids people asking the same question here when those threads become inactive (if ever).

Andrew responding to Xeno head and pop bumper questions:

The xeno is a shadow of what it will eventually become.
Most of the improvements will be software-related. We will be co-ordinating audio and video to how and when she reacts. We also have plans to integrate real flashers here for the xeno as well.
As for the pop bumpers - we are working on this and will look to improve this part of the game too

David Thiel, responding to audio concerns:

Quoted from daudioguy:

I take into account the "acoustic war zone" that pinball games go into. First the sound from the speakers is trying not to be masked from the sounds made by anything driven by a coil (flipper, pop, sling, eject). Second the ambient sound is usually high and only the aggressive sounds survive.
It is too soon to evaluate the Alien SFX set as I have not refined it by testing the sound suite while flipping it. What is there now is my best first guess (which after 30 years is decent).
Soon I will have an Alien pin to flip and I will refine the existing sound package so that everything 'works'.
Let me assure you that very few of the event sounds in Alien were just cut out of the movie and installed. I augment them to be pinball worthy, adding sound elements to increase their presence. With Alien I am constrained to stay 'in character' for the most part as it is a very strong and appealing metaphor. When given a choice I have erred on the side of staying with the metaphor as my first pass.
After I have evaluated the sound package by flipping and tweaking I will revisit all these decisions to make the audio package as communicative and rewarding as possible.
ddt

#11706 2 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Aurich, I'm so psyched to get mine to put out in NYC, I can hardly contain myself. I almost want to bring it to my apt. I'm hoping I can't refuse but to get a second. Thanks for and teams hard work. Looks like it was worth it.

2 weeks later
#12280 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Suggestion to Heighway: I've been watching and re-watching the dead flip video. Currently I'm more than an hour into a 3 hour video.
The Xenomorph has never grabbed the ball. The 4 players are commenting about the Xeno not doing anything and are now rather obsessed with getting it to grab the ball. I don't know what the number of hits required is, but a code update or a menu setting to control the number of hits required would be nice. I think 5 would be plenty. But currently 4 guys have been hitting the thing for an hour and still no action. The Xeno does screach when hit, but still no action.
» YouTube video

I was the previous "head-gate" prosecutor

Here is Andrews reply after the dead flip stream concerns.

The xeno is a shadow of what it will eventually become.
Most of the improvements will be software-related. We will be co-ordinating audio and video to how and when she reacts. We also have plans to integrate real flashers here for the xeno as well.
As for the pop bumpers - we are working on this and will look to improve this part of the game too

#12292 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hmmm, for me personally the green standard artwork is looking cooler than the "unconfirmed" LE artwork. Even I will go for LE regarding the additional options but the LE artwork is making me little bit
weak minded

Quoted from wizzard:

+1
I've also ordered the LE, but imho what I've seen here...the standard artwork (BG) looks better.

Feature matrix says "standard artwork included"

Does that apply to translite and side art?

#12415 2 years ago

It's gotta be easier playing without the threat of a facehugger grabbing you and impregnating you with some Alien chest-burting sperm.

#12454 2 years ago

Seems like there is a market for something easily removable that fits over the LCD screen.

#12468 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you come up with a new method for assessing relative risk in pinball manufacturers?
Lol

I have

If wcbrandes preorders , it's trouble. Just joking .

1 week later
#12618 2 years ago

I have to give Andrew the benefit of the doubt at this time

Personally, i appreciate that he will not release these machines until he his happy with the way they play and operate. That will benefit us all in the long run.

No one will be putting more pressure on the situation than Andrew himself, who has to start shipping to make money.

I imagine "approving pinball artwork" is pretty low on Fox's priority list. hopefully , having the movie release deadline will help.

#12624 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why? It's their job. They did it for the Alien pinball Zen app a year ago

Even Ripley got in there! Cmon Fox!

#12640 2 years ago

The only thing i need in the game is the Aliens.

#12736 2 years ago

alien easter (resized).jpg

1 week later
#12905 2 years ago

With the Allentown pinball show coming up? Is there anyone working to get a game there? Would love to see and play this thing!

#12977 2 years ago

California is still sipping coffee

#12989 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

An update vid will be uploaded here shortly. Stay tuned!

That's official "Stay tune-age" ! I can't wait.

#13057 2 years ago

Backglass art makes you re-think the LCD . That's a good thing. Love the art.

1 week later
#13355 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder with the LE if they can encode the software to display the backglass image on the big LCD for LE owners.

This is exactly what i want to see also.

#13371 2 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

A lifesize Alien Queen is for sale on eBay right now. 75k gets you the perfect match for your Alien pinball.
Note she's wearing high heels:
ebay.com link » Queen Alien Lifesize 1 1 Bust Prop Statue Aliens Beyond Rare 1 Of 5 Made In 90 039 S

Want, but also want my LE.

#13549 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If a person wanted to replace the silver legs with black ones, what would you use? Stern legs, Williams legs? Is there a difference?

First time playing Alien for me at Allentown. Great gameplay. Very excited to receive this game. Some issues , but overall one of the best pins "available" right now.

#13597 2 years ago

More Allentown feedback :

The people i played with (mostly competitive pinball guys) thoroughly enjoyed this game "as is" . By now , we all know the shortcomings of what has been released. I expect with the addition of flashers, secondary LCD animations, and a working head; this game will blow people away. Especially if you can hear the sound. Every show game should have a headphone jack. Guaranteed you will earn profit selling more games from being able to hear ALL of the sounds. I heard none at this show.

The shots feel amazing on this game. It plays like a widebody. I like widebodies. This is not a game a newbie or a hyper-critical person will walk up to (without knowing rules etc) and enjoy. The 4 flippers alone will take dozens of game to get used to. Having to look at the playfield screen for info and recognizing the subtlety of the minor inserts; all while trying to keep the ball alive, is a lot to take in.

The point of the greatness of this game is there IS a lot to take in. This is what we want in a home use (or even location) game : Depth and challenge.

For location, this game definitely needs a brief on screen tutorial. "Hold down right flipper button for tutorial". I played 3 games and didn't even come away with a grasp for how to play properly. The instinct is still to go for the bigger flashing arrows. There is such a thing as "too complicated" for the casual player. A little push into learning the basics that is built into the machine would go a long way on this title IMO. There are so many shots to keep track of , it needs to be "super obvious" as to what is the important shot.

I would urge people who did not enjoy there first experience to revisit the game. Take Ferrets rule guide with you and try again. Games at a show can sometimes be set up wrong or not have proper voltage. Try and pay attention to the playfield screen. I didn't, but i was concentrating on just hitting the shots available.

This might be a "love it or hate it" title . But i think you can learn to like it and then you will fall in love . Give alien a 2nd chance and then a 3rd and then ....

Props to Andrew and team for hanging in there and working hard to make this as great as possible.

#13757 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Nostromo is a dirty old bitch. You can be lucky that the ramps aren't rusty like hell. No really: I think the ramps being shiny fits well to the theme

Extra credit for showing the Xeno head in action with a video. please!

#13844 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Oh, its turned up
But sound is night and day with the Polk Attached

What is connected between the sub and the machine?

1 week later
#14141 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Anybody hear when the Alien Le's are supposed to ship ????

There are many questions about production so I want to give you an update.
We continue to manufacture and ship Standard Edition games on a weekly basis.
We are not at the point of 'mass production' yet as we continue to iron out any issues that may arise. We have had a lot more issues to deal with than we first thought, and we have made some significant changes as a result. Clearly, it is much better to make these changes when smaller numbers of machines have been delivered.
I'd like to take this chance to thank all of the early adopters for their patience, and their significant feedback. It really has helped us to develop a better, and more reliable game.
I understand everyone's frustration at the slow production figures - but this will change, and soon. We will continue to ramp up SE production to clear our current backlog. LE production is also beginning now and we expect to ship significant numbers of LEs in June and July to paid-in-full customers first.
We are 100% committed to delivering this game to everyone who has ordered - and as quickly as quickly as possible. It is our one and only priority

This is the last time Andrew was on pinside. Must have gotten sick of us.

#14173 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is it known if they can or will be added at some point?

There was talk of adding flashers to help with Xeno head and atmospheric lighting at one point. I am hoping they make it into the final final version.

#14418 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm an email about positive things happening? I can't get an answer to simple questions.

#14548 1 year ago

Andrew,

Is there something about this big announcement that stops you from responding to customers emails?

I have been emailing Heighway for almost a month with no response and i was offering to send more money. I hope your announcement includes hiring someone to take care of your customers, because you have one of the greatest pinball tables ever with Alien.

If you think ignoring your customers (while you think up solutions) is the way to do business, you have a lot to learn.

As much as i want to give you the benefit of the doubt, i am not a mind reader, so i only have this thread to go by. For those that only have this thread to go by, it is hard not to think that many would and should be nervous about their money.

Looking forward to you proving me wrong in the future.

#14552 1 year ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Remember this part?

Tell me what part of that excuses ignoring customer concerns for close to a month.

#14568 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What could you possibly need..?
How can Andrew hold your hand today?
Even if paid in full....what do you need?
If its a refund , well you will get it.
If refund never comes in a couple months, then ok, complain about communication then.
But why would you want a refund?
Your game is being made!
Took 2 years and a boat load of parts and licensed partnerships...so you know how hard that is?

Does it really matter what i want or need?
The point of the comment is that successful companies answer customers. I am sure Andrew is working hard , but i assume that. They could hire a high school kid to handle this. Many others saying the same and having trouble getting things for FT.

I'm buying into the whole thing with future games, support etc. It does no one any good if i am unhappy and stay silent. Handle your deal whatever way you want to.

If one email since Nov 16 is holding my hand , then indeed i am guilty. i need a cuddle too. Wanna hug it out?

#14764 1 year ago

I think it would have went a long way for Andrew to have emailed his entire customer list at some point to at least hint that something was coming or in the works. The announcement of an announcement here was enough to placate me temporarily, but the mystery is disturbing.

#14830 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I may as well confirm as much as I can safely do so right now to allay people's fears, since it's already been leaked elsewhere. (You can guess by who. I've no idea how he found out so much.)
Yes, there is a deal in the works. Yes, there is cash infusion coming into the company. Yes, Alien production will be continuing and increasing and talks are already being had as to how best to achieve that.
No, the deal is not quite done, dusted and signed yet. The official announcement will come when it comes. But I've talked to the parties involved and expressed both my confidence and my loyalty to them. It's in my best interests as well to see this through to its successful conclusion, so I'm also one of the individuals with the most to lose, substantially more than just about anybody else here on the thread right now.

This guy (insider) seems to think things are moving forward. Is there any reason not to believe this?

#14832 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This guy is the designer of Full Throttle and co-designer of Aliens so I'd listen to what he says.

I know , just wondering why some seem to be ignoring that post.

#15068 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Well, Nitro is a West Coast distributor for those of us up in the Northwest.
And if you are talking pot, it's super legal up here, you can buy it like beer at the corner pot store, there are about 10 within a 15 minutes drive from my house. Honestly, I don't understand why other states haven't all followed suit, it makes everyone more chill.

This is how to relax when thinking about your Alien preorder

20170608_065546 (resized).jpg

#15101 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

So who has a line on one of those crazy-big Xenomorph toppers like the Freddy everyone uses with their Nightmare on Elm Street pins? I figured some prop or Halloween supply place would have made one for Alien, but all I'm seeing are the full-scale models that cost $7k+ on ebay.

Some of the Bradford exchange stuff is not all that big , but might be cool for toppers. i have been loking at some of those as possible playfield enhancers.

#15215 1 year ago

From facebook:
"Just over five years have passed since I started Heighway Pinball Limited in my home garage. Now, the company has grown to be a multinational business with customers spread throughout the globe.

The company has faced many challenges along the way, which has culminated in our first game, Full Throttle, and our current game, Alien Pinball. I always strived to create a modern and relevant quality pinball product, with many exciting new ideas. I believe that we have fulfilled many of the goals I set for this company.

I am extremely proud of the games that we have produced. In particular, Alien Pinball is the result of tireless work, over the last three years, from a team comprising of some of the most talented and passionate pinball people I could have ever have hoped to assemble. ‘Alien’ is personally my favourite movie of all time, closely followed by ‘Aliens’. I could not be happier with the finished product and how it represents both movies.

The time has come for a change at Heighway Pinball. Substantial monies are being pumped immediately into this company by our existing investors to drive this company forward to producing hundreds of games every month within the coming months. These investors have not been actively involved in the running of the business up to this point but they bring a huge amount of pinball experience to the operating of this company. They are also very successful businessmen in their own rights. Their passion for pinball, business acumen and love of the company’s products will drive this company forwards. There are a lot of expectant customers out there who want delivery of this epic game as quickly as possible – and this is a commitment this company will now strive to deliver as soon as is possible.

As of now, I have now left Heighway Pinball and am no longer involved in any way with the company. A new management structure is already in place at the company, that is committed to delivering games to all of its customers and building the company up into becoming an important market player within the coming years. The company is being left in good hands, with the investors bringing a wealth of pinball experience into this company and everyone is committed to delivering customer games as quickly as possible.

I have not left pinball permanently – but am taking a break away from it as fresh finances and ideas drive the company forwards. I will likely still be seen at pinball/trade shows and look forward to meeting many of you again in the future.
I will no longer be contactable at andrew@heighwaypinball.com and I will not be posting here, any other pinball forums, on Facebook or on Twitter as ‘Heighway Pinball’ from now onwards.

I have met some amazing people over the last five years and would like to thank all of my customers, staff, contractors, investors, distributers and suppliers - who have shared my dream and supported myself and this company over the years. I step away from Heighway Pinball at an exciting time for the company and wish all those associated with the company all of the best for the future.

Andrew Heighway
Former CEO/Managing Director – Heighway Pinball"

#15284 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

All Heighway tech support has to do is make the image available on a dropbox or on their site and you download it and image it to a new SD card. I would think they would WANT to support these games, geez.

I wonder who's responsibility this would be. Almost seems like Brian might be the guy for this type of problem and i think he follows these threads. Apologies, if i am wrong.

All Heighway employees need to be conscious of being responsive to customers in the future. It's hard to know whether the company actually is functioning at this point beyond the email contacts for Alien customers (including myself) recently.

I have been assured a couple of times that the production planning for Alien has not been affected by the transition. It seems like support for FTh should continue too, unless they are so focused on Alien that those tasks have been pushed to a lower priority.

#15348 1 year ago

New Heighway Logo (The Money Representing the Cash Infusion Investments)

new heighway (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#15508 1 year ago

This game is making a come back!

David Thiel and Ferret still working on this adds to the credibility of the resurgence.

1 week later
#15642 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

4 Standard Editions

Great news . Can't wait to see the new head (and possibly other improvements) in action.

General question:

Was the idea of flashers lighting the head, ever implemented?

1 week later
#15712 1 year ago

I can say that Daniel has been communicating and working with me to get my complicated situation resolved.

The SE's are being built and LE's still seem to be in the distance. Actual news!

#15736 1 year ago

Great job Brian , thanks for sharing the video . Amazing process.

#15786 1 year ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

We just got one locally on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY.

Have you played the machine? We need evidence of these machines performing well on location to demonstrate the reliability of the current production.

thanks

#15810 1 year ago

Any official word on the Xeno head flashers? I haven't asked Heighway yet, but maybe someone else has.

#15843 1 year ago

KEV,

At approx. 11:40 mark of the youtube video , the head is hit ,but it triggers MUTHA MYSTERY also. Not sure if it happens again, just thought i would point it out as i was looking for the screen animation. Is this a switch issue on this game?

(EDIT: the 2nd trigger did work properly)Still watching so maybe later triggers of the AMBUSH will react differently.

Thanks for the stream.

Ed Z

#15864 1 year ago

I watched the entire stream. Thanks a lot to Kev, Curt (Mr. Sensual) and Buffalo pinball guys.

There are a lot of great programming sounds, and animations already in this game and i hope to be able to provide constructive criticism. So i am watching from the perspective of trying to find anomalies and make suggestions on what i think will be improvements as well as evaluate the build quality and functionality of a relatively new pinball company. This is easily the best game available right now for the price IMHO.

Thanks to the Heighway team for creating this amazing game in the first place. Many thanks to the new investors who didn't let this die.

Maybe some of this is in the new code but:

Other things i noticed on the stream :

Ball launcher has trouble making the launch : Just looking for others to chime in and say whether this has been an issue on their games. What seems to be wrong with this one?

Magnet at head wasn't always catching the ball when it should be. To be expected at certain angles.

Is the Xeno head supposed to grab balls outside of starting AMBUSH multiball? I thought it was cool that it was during Queens nest and Find Jonesy when the shot was lit for that mode.

I am still hoping to see some sort of animation on the screen each time you hit the Xeno head as you progress towards AMBUSH. The amount of hits left to start AMBUSH is somewhat buried in the rotating text on the screen. Even if the screen just had a static interruption at a minimum or a brief change to a drooling Xeno it would add a lot to the experience. Xeno articulations and lighting seem to indicate your progress , but i was finding it hard to follow.

Can the outlane ballsaver be more instantaneous? Seems like the ball being fed into the shooter lane and the callout are way behind the switch being triggered. For people new to the game, i think it would help with figuring out that the navigating the ball to the lit lane saved your ball when you feel the ball being kicked out immediately. Minor point.

The animation for completing the cycle is amazing, but seems long. Almost seems like you can steal some of it for a Xeno hit

Queens nest mode and the associated animations are the greatest! No room for improvement! End on a high note!

Anyways, i hope this is received well by a team already doing their best and creating this awesome game.

Peace and Love , peace and love

#15876 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It did? I must've missed that part of the stream... and also that part of the code. AFAIK, right now it's only coded to eat the ball at the start of Ambush.
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I went back and watched several times trying to figure out why this was happening (Xeno eating ball and trying to eat ball during the mentioned modes, Queens Nest and Find Jonesy) . I can watch again and get you the youtube Video times if you want to confirm it. I do not believe it started Ambush multiball the 2 times it ate the ball and there was at least one other time the tongue came out and tried something at a time i didn't expect.

The Xeno target (seemed to ) triggerered MUTHA mystery previously, which Brian replied to.

I will be up there in Buffalo to play this particular machine and will report any other issues if it helps figure out anything.

thanks!

ed z

#15884 1 year ago

********** SPOILER ALERT!!! ***************

I started up a rulesheet base on Ferret posts.

Can anyone point me to any other rulesheets so i can add anything that wasn't posted on this thread (and there was plenty posted)

Thanks Joe !

Alien Pinball Rules-SAVEAS.pdf

#15910 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

While I'm not aware of another game that has a "Reset Tilt Warnings" award, Dr. Dude comes close, with a "Add 1 Tilt Warning" mystery award.

Nice touch.

-added MUTHUR mystery section to the latest rules revision.

#15953 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Well this showed up last Monday. But the glass broke in transit.
Working on cleaning out and getting a new glass.

Glassburster!

sorry this happened.

#15986 1 year ago

I am getting very excited to be spending 3 days in the presence of Alien pinball at the Buffalo Pinball Summer Open this weekend. A lot of tough players will be putting it to the ultimate test.

#16084 1 year ago

While everyone is considering pricing and trim and options , you might might want to take a step back and ask :

Can Heighway pinball in it's current form provide fully functioning production machines on a consistent basis ?
Also , can they fix machine with flaws in a timely manner, diagnosing and sending parts when needed?

The Alien Std. at Pocketeers was a Hot Mess of multiple event resets and refusing to take coins. Owners are not happy at this point. 3 days of rebooting the game and waiting for your game to suddenly end had many people frustrated with the game.

One of the resets was tied to starting Ambush, so possibly magnet / head related. The tech had disabled the head , possibly due to discussions with the Heighway team. The owner also reported that he specifically asked them not to send the game unless previous reliability issues had been worked out. Other resets seemed to be tied to tilting.

Great design , great rules , but over and over we see this being rushed out without full testing of components. There are no extra parts lying around or history of problems to even figure out half of the issues that pop up. The owner lost a lot of potential earnings over the three days of the Buffalo Pinball Open and sent a lot of people away with a bad first impression. Not sure why they didn't put a sign on it stating it was hit or miss for a reset.

If you watch the stream that "Bro, do you even pinball" did the game was fully functional with a few odd problems and the head was working even when it should not have been. Wondering if the odd behavior (head grabbing ball during modes and Mother being triggered from a head shot) was linked to the eventual failure of hardware.

I was of the opinion before this to get a game fast instead of waiting and have changed my mind completely.

Of course i would like to have more data. Not sure where other production Alien games have landed , but it would be nice to see hear if there are any issues popping up consistently. The bad part is people are making final determinations of this game based on a flawed example.

On this particular example the playfield was very dark to the point where you could not see the upper flippers very well. Shots were awesome except the upper ramp was hard to hit, due to either upper flipper alignment or power. Pop buimpers are seemingly improved but lack the snappy power of a new stern. Same for slings, they are a bit clunky. Not sure of they gapped switches on this.

So maybe this is a case of one bad apple being put on display for many to gain a rotten attitude about it. I still come away with a feeling of a great game that needs the polish and reliability to become an all-time hit.

If people are out there with a recent game , please report here and i am hoping to see more cases of "I have no issues" instead of my unfortunate experience with the game at Pocketeers. By the time i got there , you would not risk playing multiple players , because you could reset away your money on one ball.

All that being said , i got multiple games (avoiding the head) and enjoyed myself the time that it lasted. It's all been said about being immersive to the theme and having great multiple flipper shots and using all of the playfield to progress through the story. Still we are at the point where the main features (head and magnet) seem to be the problem.

I will try and keep up on the progress of the Pocketeers machine (so we know what the issue was) ; unless someone official wants to pop on and let us know what happened and if this is an isolated incident.

Good luck Heighway.

#16202 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

ACTUAL UPDATE:
I hope I'm not going to jinx anything by posting this....
Cointaker is expecting a shipment from Heighway to arive Sep 1. I only know this because I've been emailing both of them asking for any news on when I may receive the parts I need to update the software. Unfortunately, I do not know if this shipment will contain any new games - but it only makes sense that it will.
For existing owners, here's where it gets interesting. Apparently, its not just a few new parts. The early Alien machines that went out are getting completetly new playfields and new Zotac PC's. Cointaker is expected to receive about a dozen new playfields and replacement PC's in the Sep 1 shipment. My fingers (toes, legs and arms) are crossed in hopes that it happens.

quoting for an actual update and

#16264 1 year ago
Quoted from nman:

If that's true it's going to royally piss me off. If they told you that via email, would you mind posting exactly what they said?

I also made an offer to do the same thing to satisfy my order. I don't have a specific denial that i would post, but i was strongly encouraged to keep the LE order.

Didn't make sense to me , because i think they will be about similar money with the upgrades i wanted.

I am taking a more "wait and see" approach after seeing a bizarrely functioning game in person. So i am happy to wait it out for the LE.

#16268 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

is this one of the new ones??

Hamburg, NY (where the pinsider lists he is from) is dangerously close to Pocketeers, which is the one i played.

Guaranteed resets until fixed.

Still waiting to hear what is being done to remedy this case.

#16314 1 year ago

They really need to fix this buffalo machine. For the record , there are three different people reporting the reset / shut down issues with the same game recently on this thread.

As more games ship , i am hoping to see this as an isolated incident or something to learn from.

#16427 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice so much to learn about this game. I really feel like this game is the spiritual successor to Indian Jones TPA. Both heavy on theme integration, have that right outlane save option, great music, widebody etc.
The one thing I don't get yet Is the weapons. So you can pick a weapon and it gives you a boost or bonus? Does it do anything else and how do you obtain them?

I made a rule sheet if you isolate my posts , that will answer a lot of questions.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Can anyone point me to any other rulesheets so i can add anything that wasn't posted on this thread (and there was plenty posted)
Thanks Joe !

#16428 1 year ago

Mod idea. This is slow , but think of it faster . The idea is to simulate an alien running through the duct when you shoot the ramp.

GIF only works when u click the pic, for me anyways.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

1 week later
#16590 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Just heard from Morgan to confirm my mailing address. He said the first bunch are shipping out this week.

Are you getting a direct shipment with the previous "discounted air freight" rate ?

#16693 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

We handed over this weekend an Alien Standard Game with 27" Screen to the Flippnic Club near Graz (Austria).
The machine was unboxed during the Austrian Pinball Open 2017 (APO17) and most of the people had several games on it, because it was set to Freeplay.
During the Side Tournament final it was also played and Krisztián Szalai made a great 99,5 mio Game on it.
You can find the video on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/) There are also a lot of other picture of the event and unboxing etc.
The Video will be uploaded soon to Youtube and then you will see it in better quality.
BR Stefan
Ps.: Next week an Alien Standard will be also at the Badische Flippermeisterschaft in Germany

That video is amazing. Got me all hyped up. The bass was coming through surprisingly well.

#16707 1 year ago

I am starting to wonder how many STD. orders have been placed.

LE's are not that much different. So, if this batch works well, there is not much reason to hold off on LE production.

#16712 1 year ago

UPDATE on the Buffalo machine , which has received a lot of negative reviews, because it had reset issues.

They are awaiting a new computer and Xeno with updated motor. Not exactly shocking news.

Hopefully, they are not on the same slow container that shipped; and then was delayed by storms; and then washed up on the shores of Heighway pinball's factory, only to be opened up for QC purposes and to be reloaded sometime in the future.

1 week later
#16825 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hell Yes!!! This is actually happening!! Positive thinking! Where did you find these pics? Great to see - I wonder how many got on there. Great news indeed. Looks like the final confirmation of shipping was accurate. Tracking number is likely to follow then based on my email from CT.

Isolate that guys posts and figure out whom he might be?

#16856 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks Joe !

Reminder of the rulesheet . For people who have rules questions and want to get an idea of the depth of code.

See quoted post .

2 weeks later
#17262 1 year ago

#17355 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It’s sequential, but not directly immediately sequential. As in you can make the egg shot, make some more shots, then the face grabber, more shots, lost a ball, then hit more shots, then chestburster, etc.

And a MUTHA award can help you along.

1 month later
#18603 1 year ago

The only thing bothering me at this point is the repeated claims of "i keep emailing and get no response", regarding refunds and promised parts.

Some people get helped , others "seem" to be ignored.

They haven't even followed up on collecting my money $$

#18604 1 year ago

Update on the Buffalo machine: ( which was almost unplayable after a few weeks - resets) .

New Xeno head and computer were received. Not yet installed.

How long should it take to install those things?

He seems to think it would take at least 6 hours, which i find hard to believe.

It might take ME 6 hours, but i suck at fixing things. This guy is a real tech.

#18669 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

What does the recharge target award again?

This comment may be dependent on a newer code version (1.1)

Credit - Swenny and Joe.

i have this info to be added to the rulesheet.

"Recharge: does good stuff. Exactly what varies for each mode and multiball, but it generally increases scoring and/or spots shots toward completion of the active mode."

#18734 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Did anyone requesting a refund get the information email from the new ownership group?
I never did.
This gives me an uneasy feeling that they have no intention of ever refunding me.
Sad that I had to get this information from a poster on pinside!

Well, i think i have an order , but i am not on their email list for communications.

I'm hanging on by a string , because of "lack of communication" . Let's see if they can do something simple like put me on the email list and follow through with THEIR offer which i accepted and am waiting for Morgan to respond.

Seems like they have time to read the forums (and react to that), but not communicate with customers specific concerns.

I do appreciate the update even though i did not really receive it. Unfortunately , i am not sure they plan on following through with keeping my order.

#18779 1 year ago

To give credit where credit is due;

I emailed Daniel and he responded quickly to say he will straighten out my issues ASAP.

#18799 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is their a shot that feeds the upper flipper to hit the lock ramp shot?

DON'T POKE THE HORNETS NEST!!

4 weeks later
#19326 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Alien livestream tomorrow at 8 pm Eastern! Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

This should end my series of updates about "how is the machine in buffalo doing" .

Thanks for the stream !

1 week later
#19410 1 year ago

I'ts funny that the LE's are supposedly in production and this thread is quiet as a mouse.

I assume no one is being contacted by Heighway about their games being built either.

This company knows how to suck the excitement out of a purchase. Cmon man!

#19566 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll be there, as well, and will be more than anxious to have a chat. Balance is required, and was 100% excited to see the standards go out. Seeing LE's, code updates, w zero firm timelines (very scattered, non committal communication) on the other side is not being received well on my end.
I could give a s**t that the "bugs will be worked out" before I get the machine....more than comfortable going through this process, as well. I've had other, new machines that required major work to get right, and enjoyed the journey.
Being dismissed is something I don't enjoy. I've started refund threads, LE# threads, went to Chicago to play the proto, and bordered on being a fanboy, as I passed on what apparently was useless info.
Pure business....if distro's start having LE's available before those of us that were there prior will be a death blow for my support of the game, I don't care how much I wanted it.
There is a point where enough is enough....it has been passed, and I'm holding on by the slimmest of threads. COMMUNICATE TRUTH!!!! someone of consequence connected needs to hear this, and pass it to the right set of ears.
Wasn't going to rant, but whatever...can barely stand to look at this thread anymore....

I was tempted to rant as well. But a very easy solution for Heighway would be to start a monthly update email.

They state in their last communication :

"We hope you can understand our choice of ”silence” in this matter. Factory updates will be posted on our Facebook page. We promise to be in direct contact with all of our pre-order customers with good news and bad and, as soon as we have the planned production week for your machine, we will tell you. "

Also they say:

"In order to maximise production of machines for our Distributors and for you, we have adopted a clear strategy and cash flow plan that prioritises production of machines over all aspects of the business. In this regard, we have a production/ cash flow schedule that deliberately spreads the shipping of pre-ordered machines and remaining refunds from the previous CEO's time over a number of months. "

Would it be safe to say they know which orders are getting pushed back in order to realize their plan to spread out the dispersal of games and refunds, as stated above?

As it stands now, you just have to wait and check your email every day, hoping you will be selected to receive a game.

As the first passage suggests, you would expect that, as a customer, you would have heard something about where your order stands.

- just another person in the dark , where no amount of Pinstadium products can help light the way.

4 weeks later
#20031 1 year ago

I hate it when someone besides me gets a game

Good luck!

1 week later
#20168 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

cue up the tympani roll, the late great Don Pardo announces:
"Now with improved FLING"
another great moment in marketing...
ferret's contribution (besides making it work)
"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that fling"
ddt

Are you brainstorming a "fling " sound effect?

2 weeks later
#20304 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Daily emails to Heighway finally received a response a few months later. Before it was always about the shipping crate for the kits to be ready. Prototyping, almost ready, blah blah blah. This time it wasn’t very optimistic.
“I regards to your order we will do all that we can to get this out to you as soon as possible but we are still dealing with the back log from the old management and therefore there may be some time until we can fulfil your order.
I am sorry that this is not the best news and I wish I had more exact information to share with you at this point. We will be in contact when we have more details to share about your order.”
Less than thrilled. Paid for a kit in full like 2 years ago.

There goes my genius plan of playing your Alien while i stand at the back of the line waiting for mine.

That shipping crate BS always makes me laugh. When you have nothing to ship , you don't really need a great crate design.

It's a waiting game for a lot of us. Meanwhile Dialed IN is awesome. Just gotta paste a couple of Alien figurines to darken the theme and cover the selfie camera with a XenoMorph pic.

1 month later
#20541 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

After years of anticipation, I was recently in Buffalo & finally got a chance to play Alien at Pocketeer Billiards for the first time. Everything I’ve come to believe about this pin was confirmed.
Looked much nicer in person than I expected. Great theme & atmosphere. Screens, plastics & toys looked great. GI lighting was lacking & pretty fricking dark overall, spotlights should have been included during manufacture. But I have to admit, one nice looking pin.
Then I started playing.... scoop wasn’t working, so I couldn’t start modes. It wasn’t recognizing ball drains correctly, kept spitting out random balls, etc etc etc. When the game did finally manage to end, a coil kept firing repeatedly during the attract mode. They just shut it off. Basically a wasted negative experience. What a shame. And I know this game as been at this location for a long time. Still can’t keep it running properly.
Just add this to the long list of user experiences. I think the real story here is that some owners do manage to get lucky & receive a functional pin. Many receive a lemon & get tired of dealing with all the bullshit & just sell it/move on. And worst of all, some people haven’t received anything YEARS after purchase! So yes, the whole project is a smoldering dumpster fire IMO.
I’m sure it’s really fun to play when you can get it working. But why anyone would take the risk today on a new Alien purchase is beyond me. I, like many others, have just moved on from this pin, and specifically from this company. As I said, this just reinforced what I already believed. Glad I got out. I’d never buy one.
Hope you preorder guys get the machines you deserve before they shut the doors for good.

How recent was your visit. I was following the status of this pin with the owner for a while and last i heard they received all new guts and it was working properly.

2 weeks later
#20847 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I really appreciate your reply's here. But even more - THANKS for making Alien one of the most BADASS sounding pins....ever!

I still have some hope too. ...mostly. I really want those folks who've paid to get their pins. Alien is fun

I PM'd with ferret today (don't think he'll mind me mentioning), and yes - version 1.2 of the code is being tested, and he 'likes what he's seeing'. ....more 'fling' perhaps? ...hmmmm.

He is making the magnet fling so strong that it will propel the container of Alien pins to the USA!

#20972 1 year ago

Now that the's blood in the water , time for the pinside sharks to feast . Eat up!

Sorry to the PIF people who are no doubt upset at this news.

#21367 1 year ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Like I posted earlier, we have paid in full for an Alien SE back in 2016.
We actually recevied a call from Roger Svanevik today. Basically to tell us that we where fucked and that our money was lost.
But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.
It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)
Roger Svanevik then offered to sell us an Alien Pinball. This time an LE.
This is the same guy who assured us that Heighway would ship our game by the end of 2017.
Charming.

This story is getting very bizarre . I sincerely hope that this is not legal (folding one company to sell off other peoples games)

#21576 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is anyone else following this back and forth that just seems to be going on and on? I’ve been skipping over.

Waste of time.

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I have no idea what's going to happen yet in the future, what I can say for sure is that if Alien and Full Throttle are both canned just like that, it'll mean an utter waste of five years of my life under Andrew, right from the very start, for less than no benefit whatsoever and nothing to show for it, either personally, financially or productively. With what I had to spend to get here, I could have sat on my arse in Northern Ireland doing nothing and been around £20k better off in the long run than I am now. No salary, nothing ever made official, just vague promises of 'royalties' that I refused point blank to ever agree to. And the one thing you can't put a price on is *time*.

Hopefully someone else realizes you are a talented designer and we see a game from you, produced by a real company.

Andrew Heighway , please seek immediate help. You have a problem and it fucks over everyone that comes in contact with you. You are a disease to this world.

#21739 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

post deleted

I isolated your posts and its a revealing read of warnings to get the fuck out of this game. Well predicted.

Another kind soul warned me as well last year at Pinfest and it took me a while to heed the warning.

#21746 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does it even make a difference?
When was the last time anybody got an actual refund from Heighway? a year? 2 years?

Worked for a chargeback. Discover Card - No hassle.

There were some scattered refunds in the refund thread with Heighway 2.0 (the silent liquidation brothers).

ANDREW JUST SCAMMED HIS WAY OUT OF THE INTERVIEW - questions for andrew thread

#21848 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

I didnt say he doesn't deserve everything he gets but putting his family and kids at risk because of some nut job with a "vendetta" by posting his home address IS f'd up. Next.

Or a businessman puts his family and kids at risk by "allegedly" scamming people out of thousands of dollars repeatedly while skipping off happily to a new business venture and potentially doing the same. Leave the responsibility where it deserves to be.

#21875 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The community has spoken Andrew.. EVERYBODY (-1) agrees that you are a complete douche bag and full of shit.

Now let's see if we can get this up to 300 upvotes !

1 month later
#22388 11 months ago

I need to put this debacle in my past too.

Anyone who wants to take control of the Alien Pinball Rules Document (word format) please PM me and the documentation can continue.

10 months later
#24302 26 days ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don't know if there is a rule set out there from the last few code updates. I thought I remembered reading a fairly detailed listed somewhere a bit ago but can't find it look now. It would be helpful in diagnosing problems to know how many balls come out during what multi balls and modes. I thought I asked before but couldn't find it in the post history, how many balls does ambush start off as? And is it possible to add a ball or balls in that multi ball?
Haven't watched it yet but the new 40th anniversary 4k UHD of Alien came out today.

i still have the original document Word format or can send to pdf.

pm with an email address if u want it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
9,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside