DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 601.
#15651 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it hasn't been done it's a shame but no reason to delay production.

Of course, I thought this was obvious and I didn't need to include the sarcasm emoji.

#15652 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

seems most have gotten their refunds that wanted out

I wouldn't say exactly THAT......

#15653 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Aliens arrived today!

I hope one of these are going to an operator who a route in NYC.

#15654 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Of course, I thought this was obvious and I didn't need to include the sarcasm emoji.

No sorry the sarcasm went right over my head, I even read your post a couple times and asked myself if you where joking or not and couldn't work it out.

That sarcasm emoji is priceless though, it can be hard to detect less than obvious sarcasm without it. Sorry for the confusion.

But it's GREAT to see Aliens shipping in numbers now and production parts being sent out to the early "proto" owners, congrates to all those with games and to those 4 soon to be owners.

#15655 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wouldn't say exactly THAT......

If not, how many? I never got a clear$$$ of what was still on the table....thanks...

#15656 6 years ago

in the other thread i count 4 having not received refunds yet. Suffice to say that's only on the pinside community and those that post.

I have on the contrast seen about 6 having received the refunds in full. This bodes well and speaks volumes in my book

--Jeff

edit-- my numbers may be a couple off but the point still holds

#15657 6 years ago

yeah, it is apparant that they are working in the right direction.

I am holding with baited breath that things continue in this positive way. Still rooting for the team!

#15658 6 years ago

I received my Alien mech yesterday,install after the weekend
Thanks to Libtech for forwarding the install instructions

#15659 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

in the other thread i count 4 having not received refunds yet. Suffice to say that's only on the pinside community and those that post.
I have on the contrast seen about 6 having received the refunds in full. This bodes well and speaks volumes in my book
--Jeff

So to rephrase...production machines being shipped in small quantities, and refunds are processing. This easily puts the newly formed company in a better light than previously.

#15660 6 years ago

Im still waiting for my refund but its only been just over a week and I've had good contact with both Daniel and Morgan. Not worried about it, I think within the next few weeks everyone will be taken care of, Im ordering an SE from Nitro and can't wait to have this game in my house, looks great. I was going to get most of the extras but now I'm thinking just lit side blades.

#15661 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So to rephrase...production machines being shipped in small quantities, and refunds are processing. This easily puts the newly formed company in a better light than previously.

Yep, very happy this didn't die. The worst part of the whole Predator fiasco was not getting a Predator pin, I'm hoping Heighway sells a shit load of Aliens and makes a Predator in the near future.

#15662 6 years ago

Just curious, how many of you with pins on order have had an opportunity to play the pin? I have a LE on order and unfortunately I'm buying without trailing...Everything I see about gameplay looks great. Am I missing anything in my optimism?

#15663 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just curious, how many of you with pins on order have had an opportunity to play the pin? I have a LE on order and unfortunately I'm buying withou trialinf...Everything I see about gameplay looks great. Am I missing anything in my optimism?

I found the only thing "different" was that Stern games have an overall "hook" to their games, that grabs new players faster...the commercial aspect....and Aliens reminded me more of a Williams game.....in a way more of a thinking game, task game.
Sometimes, on a Stern, a 7 year old, with no playtime, can get Multiball and rewards, and that isnt as likely to happen on Aliens...

Just my Gut feeling....

#15664 6 years ago

I inquired about my pre-order and got a response. They are not willing to make any promises (which I totally understand) but plan to start contacting the pre-order people who are still in very soon and "hope" to have games going out to them within a month.

Again...that's the goal...not written in stone.

#15665 6 years ago

This is my go to clip of Alien gameplay that just makes me so happy and appreciative of the fact things are moving forward, for a guy like me in a sea of family friendly and super hero/TV show bad band themes out there I'm getting something with an edge, horror sci fi scratches me right where I itch. greatness.

#15666 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sometimes, on a Stern, a 7 year old, with no playtime, can get Multiball and rewards, and that isnt as likely to happen on Aliens...

I certainly hope Alien can deliver that experience too... we've got the "bash toy" multiball, Ambush, started by hitting the Xeno a few times, which should be an obvious target for even pinball novices. I also recently made a tweak to the default settings so that Airlock (start mode) is lit at start of game, so players are more likely to start at least one mode and see some cool stuff. We certainly want everyone to have a blast playing, not just expert players.

#15667 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I also recently made a tweak to the default settings so that Airlock (start mode) is lit at start of game, so players are more likely to start at least one mode and see some cool stuff.

Smart, makes the game more accessible without being significantly easier.

#15668 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, very happy this didn't die. The worst part of the whole Predator fiasco was not getting a Predator pin, I'm hoping Heighway sells a shit load of Aliens and makes a Predator in the near future.

Thankfully, this process is nothing like the Predator bullshit....completely with you..if Heighway offers a Predator at this level, I'm in!!! ( your avatar changes starting to creep me out a bit...good job!!! )

#15669 6 years ago

Saw these guy outside ComicCon today.

IMG_6009 (resized).JPGIMG_6009 (resized).JPG

#15670 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

In America no one can hear your sarcasm.

#15671 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

In America no one can hear your sarcasm.

Hey, that's fake news!

#15672 6 years ago

Any new Alien action, gameplay or news?!

#15673 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any new Alien action, gameplay or news?!

New Info is coin taker got 4 in.

#15674 6 years ago

Looks like Alien is making it's way up the rankings, now sitting at number 23!

#15675 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks like Alien is making it's way up the rankings, now sitting at number 23!

Well, not now that you announced it. Watch it tumble!

#15676 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

New Info is coin taker got 4 in.

Good news indeed!!!

#15677 6 years ago

Does someone knows the diffrence between special edition and standard ?

#15678 6 years ago

The Cointaker price for the standard has jumped, it's now $7,995 with LCD. This is almost the cost of preordering a L/E direct from Heighway.

#15679 6 years ago

The original price for the LE through Cointaker was $8400 shipped with LCD. I forget what it was direct with US shipping.
Sounds like what happened with WOZ, ended up costing more and people who waited years ended up saving some coin if the games finally do ship.

#15680 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The original price for the LE through Cointaker was $8400 shipped with LCD. I forget what it was direct with US shipping.
Sounds like what happened with WOZ, ended up costing more and people who waited years ended up saving some coin if the games finally do ship.

I think direct was $6,450, plus about $350 in shipping.

#15681 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How long ago was that? I feel like last summer it was up to $7800-8000 direct before shipping.

Anyone here get one of those four games from Cointaker?

#15682 6 years ago

That was without the large LCD monitor. I think this added another $500. = around $7300. I'm sure the prices are changed now that it's under new management. Maybe they don't offer direct purchase. I'd rather purchase from cointaker anyway with a low down payment.

Quoted from jonesjb:

#15683 6 years ago

Just FYI - last night I sent another email to the folks at Heighway asking when I might get the new hardware needed to update code. As always, Helmut was quick to reply - but it's still the same story...."please be patient - we will get to you".

My fingers are crossed it will happen... ...the game is still a ton of fun to play, but I've got so many lights out now it's hard to know what to shoot for. I'm also anxious to update from version 0.94, as Ferret and daudioguy have made significant improvements since then. Oh, and I've offered to pay for parts and shipping. ...so C'mon NewHeighway - make it happen!!

#15684 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

the game is still a ton of fun to play

that's crazy didn't know any made it out to houston, wonder how many games actually made delivery so far.
don't expect mine anytime soon which is fine, my money is safe in a checking account. I'd be willing to risk the 1500 for the game, since it's cool. Think the thing I like the most about the games the company produces is the modular design of the cabinets.
Which means I'll probably wind up with a full throttle before long.

#15685 6 years ago

They Mostly come in the afternoon, mostly. Many thanks to Melissa @ cointaker who has been cheery and extremely helpful given a tough situation.

Alien_ST (resized).JPGAlien_ST (resized).JPG

#15686 6 years ago

Very Exciting News!!!

From Facebook...

"We are pleased to announce that our game Alien Pinball is now in full production. We aim to start shipping games out in numbers on August 14 and onwards. We are currently manufacturing Alien Standard (SE) games and will start building Alien Limited Edition (LE) games at the end of August or early September. Pre-order customers will be contacted shortly to decide on trim color (LE) and possible add-ons (LE/SE) for their game. Games are available through our distributors, which can be found on our web site http://www.heighwaypinball.com. There are still some LE:s available. Please get in touch with us if you want to buy a game and there is no distributor appointed in your area.
MSRP for the two models are: Alien SE $7,495 and Alien LE $8,495. Pre-order customers who already placed a deposit will keep the price at the time of their order.
The models are equal in terms of gameplay but the LE version comes with several extra add-ons, exclusive artwork and a uniquely numbered Limited Edition certificate. Add-ons can be added to an SE game as well, except the LE exclusive extras. Full specification of all our games can be found on our web site.
More information to follow shortly."

20451733_547456942044921_4855726699858071822_o (resized).jpg20451733_547456942044921_4855726699858071822_o (resized).jpg

#15687 6 years ago

Does the PF art look different in front of the alien head? I wonder if those prices include the big screen and if they'll stick with the lighted ramps for the LE/add-ons.

#15688 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does the PF art look different in front of the alien head? I wonder if those prices include the big screen and if they'll stick with the lighted ramps for the LE/add-ons.

I was wondering if that price included the backbox LCD screen as well. I have always thought Alien looked cool and wanted one, but I'm not sure I'm $8K into it given some of the mixed gameplay feedback. I guess it depends on whether they have a package deal with Full Throttle or not.

#15689 6 years ago

Stop your grinnin and drop your linen, found em...
IMAG1877 (resized).jpgIMAG1877 (resized).jpg

#15690 6 years ago

High Claim item indeed!

#15691 6 years ago

what incarnation is that PF posted above? the upper left section isn't the same as those on gameplay videos. is this a new change or an old image?

#15692 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what incarnation is that PF posted above? the upper left section isn't the same as those on gameplay videos. is this a new change or an old image?

What's different in the upper left, I'm not noticing?

#15693 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Is that what I think it is??
Sweet!!!

#15694 6 years ago

Whats going on with the shooter lane on that PF pic? maybe they made some changes.

#15695 6 years ago

Nothing looks different to me.

#15696 6 years ago

That wire form coming from the ball eject has always been there?

#15697 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Let's see some unboxing pics!!!

#15698 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That wire form coming from the ball eject has always been there?

Yep, you plug the ball and it goes up a wire form and drops down onto the play field.

Brian

#15699 6 years ago

Anybody get an update on the swap kits for Full Throttle owners yet?

#15700 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anybody get an update on the swap kits for Full Throttle owners yet?

No, not yet. Other than they told me a couple of weeks ago that the crate was in the final stage of development. I asked them if it could be in black and that would be considered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/314 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.