IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5417 3 years ago

Well just put a deposit on an LE. Not to read 5416 posts in this thread.

Hopefully it’s as fun as Stranger Things and not as hard to dial in.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Wow you’re in for a great surprise. Might as well list stranger things in the market place now.

LoL GnR will be my 3rd pin. Started collecting at Christmas. I’m hooked.

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Got my LE this week. This is my second JJP. I love my Wonka and wanted something new. One thing I love about GNR is that you can play in a dark room. Not the case with the Wonka where I need all the room lights bright. Really cool. Still trying to understand the rules and shots but it is a beautiful machine.

Pinstadiums really brightened up my Simpsons TSPP. I can play that in the dark. I have never played Wonka but that might work.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Prepare for a long wait! They haven’t even delivered all of the orders from October 2020 yet much less the full backlog. Did your distributor give you an estimate? I’d guess September or even later if you just jumped on a preorder.

No estimate yet. I spent the last 3 days reading every single post. It’s very clear that I will be waiting for a while. I will let you know if I hear anything and until then, I will live vicariously through you guys.

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Just confirmed, in before the price hike! Wahooo![quoted image]

I ordered Friday. Nice to get in before the popularity tax.

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is it greed? I'm in the HVAC and plumbing business. Our vendors just informed us that our material cost are going up 15% next month. We usually get hit with 3-5% increase. Could it be the same for other manufactures like JJP?

I’m in the process of building a house. Lumber is up 20% thats $28k. That’s a couple new pins. Ugh....

#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Really? Damn. I was about to build some new decks. Might need to wait and play GNR now instead

Decks... pressure treated lumber? Lol that’s like gold up here in Canada. Impossible to find and prices have actually doubled. It’s getting better but it really was impossible at one point. Lockdown has home improvements sky rocketing.

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:Does anyone know if PinGraffix is doing blades for GnR?

Hey neighbor m, I’m thinking black mirror for the win.

#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Mine is finally being picked up in the next day or two, then shipping over to Israel so it should be here just in time for my birthday end of March. Good chance I’ll keep it wrapped for a couple days, til it’s birthday weekend time.
[quoted image]

Israel! Fuck yeah!!! Enjoy the pin!!

7 months later
#15304 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

#2000 has been delivered here in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. August 2021 manufacturing date. I ordered through Player 1 Amusements Group based out of the Toronto area back on November 11th, 2020, so took close to a year to get here. Not going to lie, the wait was making me insane, but this game is well worth the wait. Came with v1.22 installed. I'll upgrade to 1.23 in the coming days.
This one has Use Your Illusion I on the record spinner. (Which I'm happy about, this is my favorite GNR album, I rank it even above Appetite).
So far the game is flawless, no QC issues that I can find. Not a huge fan of the plunge (I find plunges to the back of the playfield more satisfying than a plunge that only goes about 5"), but thats more of a game design issue.
My other issues are likely due to my own low skill level as a player. I have a real difficult time getting the left ramp. I don't know if there's an adjustment to the game I need to make, or just more practice (more likely). The other thing is that center scoop. When I don't need to hit it (ie when I'm already in a song), I hit it non-stop. When I actually want to hit it (ie to start a song), I can't hit the thing to save my life. Again, I think this is a reflection of my own skill level rather than a problem with the game.
We'll have to wait and see how this playfield holds up after a couple hundred plays.
By the way, this is my first pin, so prepare yourself for a barrage of stupid questions that I'll likely have in the coming weeks/months as I learn how to maintain this thing!

I ordered my LE in Feb from Nitro. Got the email today, it’s on the line coming to Oakville,ON. Guessing I will be dealing with the same issues you may be. Congrats on the new pin!!

#15319 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Nice!!!! I tried to order from Nitro originally and they just told me to go through Player One because they were closer ... Nonetheless Player One did a great job. Game took forever to get, but obviously not their fault. Nice to see more Canadians on here.

Nice indeed! Glad they did a great job. Service will be easier too. I ordered from Nitro because I wanted to pay with USD. Hope to be playing soon.

1 week later
#15773 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Some
Mini and regular size
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fan of GnR. Not quite as much. Seen them a couple times but seeing you post makes me want a Pearl Jam pin even worse. Seen PJ 20+ times.

Sick guitar!! Congratulations on getting your dream pin.

1 week later
#16025 2 years ago

Joined the club.

Unfortunately it will stay boxed in the garage until Saturday.
23F08D75-BF41-49CF-A0C6-C1F0C07E9EB5 (resized).jpeg23F08D75-BF41-49CF-A0C6-C1F0C07E9EB5 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16295 2 years ago

After 4 days of sitting in the garage...

Unboxed, cleaned my balls, holy shit!

This game is perfect and so damn exciting.

#16297 2 years ago

My 5' tall wife couldn't help me bring it down the stairs. It drove me crazy, believe me.

#16351 2 years ago

Couple questions. Fairly new to pins and brand new with JJP.

1) I have a drum issue... the slightest bump or vibration adds points for hitting the drum. It doesn't stop and gets really annoying. You can see it in this video. It more prominent at the 6 second mark.

If you can give me an idea of what might be happening or what I can test that would be great.

2) My ball often comes right up the skill shot and right back down to the plunger. Anyone need to adjust the door with the rubber stop on it?

Thanks

#16353 2 years ago

Beautiful. Thanks PinMonk. I'm going to be ordering a set of fans from you this week. They work great on my STH.

Thanks again.

#16362 2 years ago

Any idea? Found it under the playfield by the back right grill.

BAB9EE7C-FB24-49DD-B224-7171AA0838F0 (resized).jpegBAB9EE7C-FB24-49DD-B224-7171AA0838F0 (resized).jpeg

#16462 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha ……6,000 from that bug with the Skill Shot before starting my game

I have had the pin for a week and I’m thinking I have a skill shot bug. Seems really easy but I’m not quite sure how to get it. Plunge the ball but not to hard to hit the stop and I get it. Lsometimes I go past the lit lamp and sometimes I barely reach it. As long as I don’t hit the back stop it collects. Does that seem right?

Quoted from Greaseman:

I have to end on a positive.....put my Pinwoofer GT in on Friday. Yowser - if you like your pinball music loud and awesome sounding, you need this. Love it - such a good match with GnR.

I have 3 pins connected through a pin sub and the difference is unreal. Was underwhelmed by the sound but the addition of a sub makes a world of difference.

3 weeks later
#17512 2 years ago

Apparently Mirror blades are tight…anyone run pinstadiums AND mirror blades?

I have both in a box and if they won’t fit I’d rather not set them up

#17524 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I have both installed, but I went with the xeno mounts so I wouldn't have to worry about clearance. No problems here.

Duh... I completely forgot about the mounts because I preordered these a long time ago. I won't have any issues. Thanks for the reminder. haha

#17608 2 years ago

Installed pinstadiums. Absolute game changer. Looks factory and the integration is perfect. GnR lighting is the best I have seen but this is another level. Worth every penny IMO.

#17610 2 years ago

No video taken but there are a bunch available online. The pinstadium commercial is pretty damn accurate. External sub is a must as well.

#17612 2 years ago

To be honest. I preordered these before I got my GNR. When I got a shipping notification I forgot I pre paid for them.

After I got the pin, I thought why would I ever order them.

Greatest mistake!

#17646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, if anyone is planning on installing mirror blades and you don’t have enough room on one side versus the other. You can loosen the lockdown receiver and slide it over a bit. Now I have plenty of room on both sides for mirror blade install. Hopefully that helps someone out.

My mirror blades didn’t come with screws. Any recommendations?

#17659 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Do they darken for a song? How would you describe the experience? Because I feel the game is perfection out of the box especially in song modes with that dark concert like contrast…. Curious how it’s different.

I think the best way to describe is more intense. There's three light strips in the pin stadiums. 1-works with GI, 2- works with flasher, 3 - Mirrors the hot rails. So for Live & Let Die, the red light rails are way more intense. It doesn't over brighten the playfield.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

3M Super Strength Molding Tape, 03614, 1/2 in x 15 ft amazon.com link »
This is what I have used on mirror blades recently. You can skip the screws entirely with this. I would recommend using clamps to hold the mirror in place on one side while you tape it on the other. The stuff is extremely sticky and it should stay in place.

I have some of this tape, my concern is the added thickness. I know the blades will be tight as is. That's why I was curious about screw selection because I thought a screw head would be an issue. I will give the tape a go. I think the back hinge screw may hold them in place at the back. If that's the case the front would be much easier.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My game is so tight, the art blades are up against the field. There's no way I could get mirrors in, which I think would look great. Test your fit before you drill any holes

There's a few people that have them. I'm pretty tight on the sides as well but they should fit. I will definitely tape them up and see if I can raise and lower my playfield with them in . I have cabinet protectors so I'm not super concerned about damaging anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=PinPickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.