topper-behind-sml (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211128-134923-908 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211128-123145_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211128-122923_Chrome (resized).jpg
dc425b58599a8151d62d574ee22da6a99e419b28 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211128-105719_Scorbit (resized).jpg
dc425b58599a8151d62d574ee22da6a99e419b28 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 364.
#16251 47 days ago

A couple days ago, after installing 1.25 and playing some games I got the ball into the scoop and was surprised to see it go into "Shall we play a game"... except it didn't, it was an actual software failure and a hard reboot !
It was a bit scary but hasn't happened again, fingers crossed... Curious if others got that ?

On an unrelated subject, has anyone given thoughts to modding/putting some sort of visual improvements over the small black "boxes" which hold wires on the playfield ?

A752AAB4-FDFB-47B6-81FB-128F41FF43D8 (resized).jpeg
#16252 47 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I got mine from Aliexpress. Works like a charm

How did you get them to work? Thread size is different. It just lays in there and wont thread . I think this was covered somewhere but I can’t find it.

08516AA8-7927-4A94-B2C4-E3C913DFD149 (resized).jpeg100F7402-EA84-4823-84D1-F90057112C20 (resized).jpegBD8D512A-B3EF-4BA6-B2E7-8C0292B3CF46 (resized).pngDB0127EF-2538-4C70-B14E-1E0FC0611D5A (resized).jpeg
#16253 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

How did you get them to work? Thread size is different. It just lays in there and wont thread . I think this was covered somewhere but I can’t find it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Also for people in there for the first time out put a rubber band around the spotlight. It will separate in two half and lens will pop out.

#16254 47 days ago

I purchased an SE back in April, and noticed chipping around posts a few months back.
JJP said they would send me a washer kit, but after waiting a long time, I contacted them again and they told me they would not be sending me anything.
It's my first pin, I love it and would never sell it.
Plan on leaving it to my Sister eventually, as GNR is her favorite band, don't want to leave her a bunch of problems.
I'm brand new at this, and just have no idea what I'm doing (I'm in Canada).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_20211016_102625947_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20211016_102658359_2 (resized).jpg
#16255 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

Also for people in there for the first time out put a rubber band around the spotlight. It will separate in two half and lens will pop out.

Can you show a pic of this? I'm not sure what you mean. Thx

#16256 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

Oops ….new servo comes with correct thread screw….

I’ll use that.

image (resized).jpg
#16257 47 days ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

I purchased an SE back in April, and noticed chipping around posts a few months back.
JJP said they would send me a washer kit, but after waiting a long time, I contacted them again and they told me they would not be sending me anything.
Plan on leaving it to my Sister eventually, as GNR is her favorite band, don't want to leave her a bunch of problems.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have to like the customer service.

Go to pinball life and buy the kit.

#16258 47 days ago

Hi All, I have a vertical spotlight issue (right side), but it’s not the servo. When swapping the horizontal and vertical servo plugs, both servos work testing on the horizontal line. I unplugged and replugged the servo input cable into the controller board and no change. Any suggestions? Only weird behavior I observed was that the spotlight oddly trembled on startup the last couple days, it was very slight, but noticeable.

#16259 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have the same issue. The original threads seem much bigger. I’ve used plumbers tape wrapped around the threads several times and this has worked well for me to get a snug fit.

#16260 47 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody start receiving the le art blades yet? Got my topper, but no blades

Same here. Yes on the topper. No art blades yet.

#16261 47 days ago
Quoted from butterz:

Blackened whisky is made by Metallica, not GNR. You should get a Metallica pin next.

Well that was quick! I see we have a whiskey fan in here. Metallica was my first NIB.

259A33C5-3290-418D-93DC-4A6FCDBC6010.jpeg
#16262 47 days ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I have the same issue. The original threads seem much bigger. I’ve used plumbers tape wrapped around the threads several times and this has worked well for me to get a snug fit.

Did you try the larger screw that comes with the servo?

#16263 47 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you show a pic of this? I'm not sure what you mean. Thx

already reassembled. The spotlight assembly is split in half and there is an led in there with a lens. Just wrap a thin rubber band around the spotlight when you remove it from the bracket. Just keeps it from separating .

#16264 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

Did you try the larger screw that comes with the servo?

Yes I did, you have to. The screw is a different size from the original.

#16265 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

already reassembled. The spotlight assembly is split in here you gohalf and there is an led in there with a lens. Just wrap a thin rubber band around the spotlight when you remove it from the bracket. Just keeps it from separating .

Here

39E12595-8283-400D-8DC7-1CD7573ED303 (resized).png
#16266 47 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody start receiving the le art blades yet? Got my topper, but no blades

I was told about 3 weeks away. Pingraffix makes them for JJP

#16267 47 days ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Yes I did, you have to. The screw is a different size from the original.

Ok. Do you used plumbers tape around the outer servo gears ?

#16268 47 days ago

Nice. We have that in common. my First NIB was a Met Roadcase , was supposed to be a MOP LE but mine was refunded after paid in full due to oversales allegedly .

Quoted from Jakers:Well that was quick! I see we have a whiskey fan in here. Metallica was my first NIB.
[quoted image]

9194290167_1636af99a1_o (resized).jpg
#16269 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yup, around the servo gear. Enough wraps and it will make a snug fit. I haven’t had an issue since I changed it.

My problem now is that the y-axis wire inputting into the vertical servo seems to be dead.

#16270 47 days ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

They won't even send you a washer kit and probably wonder why there's a backlash against them on pinside . Pathetic

This comment is directed at upper management who make these pitiful cost cutting measures .
Like really , how much does a hand full of washers cost .

#16271 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

Another poster said this was due to the gears stripping the plastic bored out. Mezel mods is out of the pinball universe replacement housings and looks like pinball life has them but doesn't ship to USA?

#16272 47 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

I used the screws that were accompanied the servo instead of the originals.

#16273 47 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I used the screws that were accompanied the servo instead of the originals.

Same. They need a little encouragement to get through the bracket but otherwise work fine.

#16274 47 days ago

A few scorbit wishlist items - and these may already exist and I haven’t figured them out, but:

• notification if a follower starts playing a game (that I own/play)
• when you log in, show list of active followers currently in a game
• during a song, show the song jackpot level whether you’re observing someone playing or/and your own.

#16275 47 days ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Thanks

…no worries, if you’re in Ontario just contact "Player 1" in Mississauga, ON, you can buy washers and rubbers from them. Your sister will have an excellent game, don’t worry.

TORONTO – Player 1 HEADQUARTERS
6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1H3
416-251-2122

#16276 47 days ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Thanks

The washer kit I got from JJP via P1 was a waste of time. Just buy your own washers and posts as noted on this thread.

#16277 46 days ago

My left orbit spinner is not working does not register in the switch matrix test… any advice?

#16278 46 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

My left orbit spinner is not working does not register in the switch matrix test… any advice?

Did you check the connector plug under the PF for the wires that go to the spinner opto?

#16279 46 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the Dolly "on the road again" callout get deprecated or removed? I don't think I've heard it since 1.25.

I thought Melissa was singing "On the Road Again".

#16280 46 days ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I thought Melissa was singing "On the Road Again".

Probably, but it's in a very Dolly-like style.

#16281 46 days ago

Has anyone figured out how to fix the balls draining straight down the middle from the guitar lock? THX!!

#16282 46 days ago

Has anyone experienced this problem, happened last night and can't figure it out? THX!

IMG_5031 (resized).jpg
#16283 46 days ago

Reseat the usb to usb mini cable between the motherboard and playfield controller board mounted under the playfield in the bottom left corner (assuming the playfield is flipped up). Go over all of the connections on that board paying particular attention to the mini usb cable -- with the game power off.

#16284 46 days ago

What are the pros and cons with the flipper's being lowered? Any advise would be great! THX!!

#16285 46 days ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Has anyone figured out how to fix the balls draining straight down the middle from the guitar lock? THX!!

First, make sure your machine is level left to right.

Once that's verified, if you still have the issue, someone earlier (zaphX?) just bent the walls at the end of the lock a tiny bit to guide the ball better when released.

#16286 46 days ago

What are the pros and cons with the flipper's being lowered? Any advise would be great! THX!!

I’m interested too. Does anyone sell a spacer kit? I installed some on my rick and morty and it really helped my flipper power. Similarly on GnR it looks like the stock flippers r a little too high off the playfield.

#16287 46 days ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I’m interested too. Does anyone sell a spacer kit? I installed some on my rick and morty and it really helped my flipper power. Similarly on GnR it looks like the stock flippers r a little too high off the playfield.

Before doing something drastic like this, consider:

- Bump flipper power to +2 on the lowers
- Install the PinMonk fans

#16288 46 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A few scorbit wishlist items - and these may already exist and I haven’t figured them out, but:
• notification if a follower starts playing a game (that I own/play)
• when you log in, show list of active followers currently in a game
• during a song, show the song jackpot level whether you’re observing someone playing or/and your own.

Yay this is what I’m talking about. Now who’s Blu on here?

9FED10A0-1909-4AE7-9A92-66B9B7A2CF4E (resized).jpeg
#16289 46 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the connector plug under the PF for the wires that go to the spinner opto?

Yeah, I unplugged it and reconnected it.... strange.

#16290 46 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yay this is what I’m talking about. Now who’s Blu on here? [quoted image]

I feel like Blu will be singing the Blues pretty soon.

#16291 46 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like Blu will be singing the Blues pretty soon.

Lol. I suck under pressure, But will give it a shot later tonight. Anyone know if scorbit notifies the challengee whether they beat or not beat the score?

#16292 46 days ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I wouldn't mess with that. Spooky only needs it on Rick and Morty, Halloween, Ultraman, etc because they made their playfields thinner (to save money?) and didn't completely consider the side effects of that decision.

#16293 46 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lol. I suck under pressure, But will give it a shot later tonight. Anyone know if scorbit notifies the challengee whether they beat or not beat the score?

Pfft. Inside the Actor's Studio needs to have a session featuring you. I have a feeling you will do the exact opposite - shine under pressure. Your skills are not to be denied.

#16294 46 days ago

Once you lower you can’t backhand the left ramp to the upper pf. That definitely makes it harder since that’s a key to big points.

But lowering the flippers makes most of the other shots feel more natural. The loops in particular.

#16295 46 days ago

After 4 days of sitting in the garage...

Unboxed, cleaned my balls, holy shit!

This game is perfect and so damn exciting.

#16296 46 days ago

4 days!!! How could you wait? Mine was delayed today due to an " incident " and I'm freaking out!! Hoping nx week now

#16297 46 days ago

My 5' tall wife couldn't help me bring it down the stairs. It drove me crazy, believe me.

#16298 46 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

4 days!!! How could you wait? Mine was delayed today due to an " incident " and I'm freaking out!! Hoping nx week now

Hey, mine has been sitting for 4 months. Looks like today is day.

#16299 46 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My 5' tall wife couldn't help me bring it down the stairs. It drove me crazy, believe me.

Don’t blame your wife for your hobby problems, come on man! This aggression will not stand!

5494E1BA-20E7-499C-B149-4EAF116FA61F.gif
#16300 46 days ago

Funny side story. My GNR pinball shirt is one of my favorite shirts to wear. Not just cause it’s GNR or pinball, but because of the fit - well designed shirt. I get a lot of compliments when out in public, ‘nice shirt’, they typically don’t realize it’s a pinball shirt. But the ones that do ask why the pinball reference; when I tell them that slash co-designed a modern GNR pinball machine, they’re face expression is always a complete ‘wtf?pinball?slash?’ Look lol.

…then they google search it and are like, “it’s $10,000!?!?” Lol. Weird hobby we love.

There are 18,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 364.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside