IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 567.
#16451 2 years ago

I would like to see the promo video added to the attract mode. It’s a great video.

#16452 2 years ago

I thought I was imagining things when I saw the ball spark at the magnet? Looks like a little burn on the back ball guide? We are talking 20 plays in so far…

E971D23F-0894-42E4-AE95-3B638E8F0929 (resized).jpegE971D23F-0894-42E4-AE95-3B638E8F0929 (resized).jpeg
#16453 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Warning...plastics nerd coming out to play. Hockey glass is not actually glass - I'm pretty sure it's a plastic sheet called Plexiglas (aka acrylic). A totally different type of material vs. actual glass. However, that being said, all plastics suffer to some extent from stress concentrations (varies by type of polymer) - a small crack can propagate into a full blown failure, so that is what you are more than likely seeing when hockey glass shatters.

I concede it is mostly plexiglass glass today. But previously, failures looked like this.

11999547-large (resized).jpg11999547-large (resized).jpg
#16454 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

I thought I was imagining things when I saw the ball spark at the magnet? Looks like a little burn on the back ball guide? We are talking 20 plays in so far…
[quoted image]

Looks like Great White's roadies set up that GnR.

I'd definitely look carefully at the wiring for that magnet. Something is wrong.

#16455 2 years ago

I got a little spark in test mode. Definitely not seeing things.

#16456 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

I got a little spark in test mode. Definitely not seeing things.

There looks to have been a short between the magnet and ball guide for sure! I would definitely not play it again until you find the cause! Would love to know the problem?

#16457 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

There looks to have been a short between the magnet and ball guide for sure! I would definitely not play it again until you find the cause! Would love to know the problem?

Sorry let me clarify. Between the magnet, the ball and the guide!

#16458 2 years ago

Can you disable the magnet through the settings?

#16459 2 years ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

Can you disable the magnet through the settings?

I can’t say for certain. But I believe I read in previous posts that you can.

#16460 2 years ago

You can on sterns, not sure on jjp

#16461 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to someone who sells the under and back cabinet lights that hook directly to hot rails? Mezel sells a set, and it looks good, but thought you could buy a direct connection. Thx,,,

#16462 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha ……6,000 from that bug with the Skill Shot before starting my game

I have had the pin for a week and I’m thinking I have a skill shot bug. Seems really easy but I’m not quite sure how to get it. Plunge the ball but not to hard to hit the stop and I get it. Lsometimes I go past the lit lamp and sometimes I barely reach it. As long as I don’t hit the back stop it collects. Does that seem right?

Quoted from Greaseman:

I have to end on a positive.....put my Pinwoofer GT in on Friday. Yowser - if you like your pinball music loud and awesome sounding, you need this. Love it - such a good match with GnR.

I have 3 pins connected through a pin sub and the difference is unreal. Was underwhelmed by the sound but the addition of a sub makes a world of difference.

#16463 2 years ago

Yeah the skill shot seemed strange. You get a skill shot reward no matter what you hit. But if you get the lit dot you get super skill shot. I think if you don’t hit the skill shot you should get nothing. And if you hit it then you should just get skill shot. Then maybe a specific ramp for a super skill shot. Rewarding for anything is like a participation trophy

#16464 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have had the pin for a week and I’m thinking I have a skill shot bug. Seems really easy but I’m not quite sure how to get it. Plunge the ball but not to hard to hit the stop and I get it. Lsometimes I go past the lit lamp and sometimes I barely reach it. As long as I don’t hit the back stop it collects. Does that seem right?

I have 3 pins connected through a pin sub and the difference is unreal. Was underwhelmed by the sound but the addition of a sub makes a world of difference.

Don’t worry in yours Pickle. Happened just yesterday in my game and it was before I launched the ball, I collected 6,000 from a "Skill Shot" with the ball waiting to be launched and it was with the whole 5 balls game so I restarted my Pinball…. And Chaka and Screaminr are thinking that I’m not going to beat them next week in Scorbit because of that…. They will see who’s the best soon

(And this is not a sarcasm )

#16465 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah the skill shot seemed strange. You get a skill shot reward no matter what you hit. But if you get the lit dot you get super skill shot. I think if you don’t hit the skill shot you should get nothing. And if you hit it then you should just get skill shot. Then maybe a specific ramp for a super skill shot. Rewarding for anything is like a participation trophy

Such crazy talk. have you perhaps noticed you might get a skill shot that's 'lame'?

Ever had a game of Twilight Zone?

That's where this skill shot came from. Every shot is a skill shot (cept if you hit the target at the top, on both machines) but there is still a skill shot. It's no more a participation award than any other machine, and an exact replica of TZ.

#16466 2 years ago

When you just pull the plunger, there’s no skill involved. Kinda like when you jump off a diving board. Gravity is not a skill. Maybe they should call it a “Participation Plunge”

223BFBA3-48E5-488B-8636-AB196A8EAC21.gif223BFBA3-48E5-488B-8636-AB196A8EAC21.gif
#16467 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

And Chaka and Screaminr are thinking that I’m not going to beat them next week in Scorbit because of that…. They will see who’s the best soon
(And this is not a sarcasm … … )

351F3730-1498-4F48-97FA-C649EA51C8B1.gif351F3730-1498-4F48-97FA-C649EA51C8B1.gif
#16468 2 years ago

When you just pull the plunger, there’s no skill involved. Kinda like when you jump off a diving board. Gravity is not a skill. Maybe they should call it a “Participation Plunge”
[quoted image]

Well ever played the Hobbit then? It has 4 or 5 'skill shots' that involve pulling the plunger only.

It's pretty common in pinball, i can think of plenty of games where the plunge and the control of the plunge is the skill shot.

What you are saying doesn't make sense to me.

But anyway enjoy playing your game rather than looking at the box.

#16469 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

But anyway enjoy playing your game rather than looking at the box.

What’s wrong with the box?

1C3C816E-50A3-4789-A389-24007FD171A8.gif1C3C816E-50A3-4789-A389-24007FD171A8.gif
#16470 2 years ago

You wearing a wedding ring handling it?

I was.

#16471 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

and it was with the whole 5 balls game so I restarted my Pinball…. And Chaka and Screaminr are thinking that I’m not going to beat them next week in Scorbit because of that…. They will see who’s the best soon
(And this is not a sarcasm … … )

you're the best Rolls you crack me up .
Even with your five balls a game , can't wait to show you who's the boss

#16472 2 years ago

When you just pull the plunger, there’s no skill involved.

If you pull the plunger back all the way you do NOT get a skill shot. You get it by pulling it back enough to get it through the gate without hitting the target if you pull back too far. Super skill shot is harder because you have to match the lit insert. Skill shot takes SOME skill and super skill shot takes MORE skill so seems pretty accurate.

#16473 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If you pull the plunger back all the way you do NOT get a skill shot. You get it by pulling it back enough to get it through the gate without hitting the target if you pull back too far. Super skill shot is harder because you have to match the lit insert. Skill shot takes SOME skill and super skill shot takes MORE skill so seems pretty accurate.

Exactly- a skill shot was always a skill shot from the plunge. Was never meant to be a shot to the flipper then a hurry-up shot.

#16474 2 years ago

Is anyone still enjoying the SE gameplay the most? I’m considering buying an SE, mostly because it’s cheaper, but I also think there’s a chance I might like that it’s faster better.

#16475 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Why is there still no jackpot lost champ on this game!!!????

That does seem like a missed opportunity considering blowing a good jackpot is more common than setting a new higher high

Could have a biggest winners and biggest losers table for each song. Make it optional to turn that on if people's feelings are going to get hurt over that. But I often drain out of a song and don't even have time to see what my song JP got to it disappears so fast.

#16476 2 years ago

There’s more to the skill shot. On default settings it takes two ‘points’ to light crowd multiball which gets progressively harder. So a skill shots awards one point, while a super skill shot awards two points. So it’s super skill shot on ball one will light crowd multiball. I have mine set to three points to light the first crowd multiball as it makes it a little more interesting And skill shots a little more critical.

#16477 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code requests (hope Keefer and Ted are reading):
• when you get a powerchord jackpot, It would be cool(er?) if the balls just did an unlock dump - spit them all out at the same time. I love it when it does this on a game over sequence after locking 4 or 5 balls.
> At least a setting to dump them after collecting a powerchord jackpot would be very welcomed.
• When song jackpot increases, there’s a cool animation in the bottom left corner of the display. Unfortunately, this animation completely blocks the current song value. Any way that can be moved to not block the song jackpot value?

+1 on the animation covering up the jackpot value. Very annoying.

#16478 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is anyone still enjoying the SE gameplay the most? I’m considering buying an SE, mostly because it’s cheaper, but I also think there’s a chance I might like that it’s faster better.

If you're already paying thousands, I don't think the SE is worth the cost savings, nor do I think any perceived speed is better.

My favorite part of the pf layout is that upper pf. I think the sacrifice in gameplay with the SE is too great.

Locking balls from a direct shot up the ramp or cradling the upper pf flipper to direct your shot to either the vuk or guitar lock is great. When the diverter is up, you still can experience the speed of a fast ball return (and it's no big deal.)

Also, when you're multitasking in mb, it's a nice benefit to be able to park a ball away from the flippers for a few seconds.

I would only go LE. The difference is too big.

#16479 2 years ago

My game will be here nx week, so excuse my ignorance , what do you shoot to drop the diverter ?

#16480 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My game will be here nx week, so excuse my ignorance , what do you shoot to drop the diverter ?

you shoot for the bandmember shots to qualify the locks on the guitar neck. That drops the diverter.

#16481 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Personally, now that I understand the game. I would stray away from the SE. That mini playfield and powerchord lock is so cool and so critical. I still think it’s one of the best mini playfields in pinball with how it’s used > it’s not grindy, ball doesn’t stay up long, you can one shot ball locks from bottom flipper, rules for it are fantastic, etc…

The game can get chaotic. You hear ppl complain about multiballs on this game. One of the main reasons it feels so overwhelming is that the game punishes you for trapping balls. So you gotta find a work around and the best place is planting balls in the powerchord lock. Strategically; getting T-shirt/poster patch set let’s you slow the game down, and let’s you play it more traditionally with a trap style controlled multiball for a bit. But you still will want to plant balls somewhere, otherwise they’re right in your face way too often.

My 2 cents.

#16482 2 years ago

There should be a scorbit achievement for most hits on the cross target. Pretty sure I’d be the World Champion Cross Target Smasher. More specifically…. flipper — cross target — drain.
EB37E40F-9FD8-4A1D-A3E7-A9F3BF538CC9 (resized).jpegEB37E40F-9FD8-4A1D-A3E7-A9F3BF538CC9 (resized).jpeg

#16484 2 years ago

My impression was that pinball companies started adding in skill shots so that people playing the games on location wouldn't just launch the ball as hard as possible and cause more wear and tear.

#16485 2 years ago

What is the best line/point of reference to use to make sure my level is straight when leveling Left-Right? Basically I'm looking for some kind of visual guide to ensure that my level is sitting 100% width-wise without being crooked. I was thinking the top of the 'not in this lifetime' insert above the revolver would be a good straight-edge to use? or possibly the top of the Richard and Frank inserts in the revolver? At first I thought the lines of latitude on the world map would be okay but they aren't completely straight.

#16486 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

What is the best line/point of reference to use to make sure my level is straight when leveling Left-Right? Basically I'm looking for some kind of visual guide to ensure that my level is sitting 100% width-wise without being crooked. I was thinking the top of the 'not in this lifetime' insert above the revolver would be a good straight-edge to use? or possibly the top of the Richard and Frank inserts in the revolver? At first I thought the lines of latitude on the world map would be okay but they aren't completely straight.

Put the machine back together. Lay a pinball on the top edge of the lockdown bar so the ball's on the glass and also touching the lockdown bar. If it doesn't move left or right, you're level enough.

Operator tricks.

#16487 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put the machine back together. Lay a pinball on the top edge of the lockdown bar so the ball's on the glass and also touching the lockdown bar. If it doesn't move left or right, you're level enough.
Operator tricks.

Thank you for that little trick buddy.

#16488 2 years ago

I just took delivery of my LE! Wow!!! What a machine!!!! On the 4 games I played so far the machined kicked me to the ground mercilessly but I love it! I’m in Scorbit under Mar3nBu if anyone wants to add me…

#16489 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you for that little trick buddy.

or use the Pinguy App (ios) for Measurement on pf and glass incl degree display

#16490 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

There should be a scorbit achievement for most hits on the cross target. Pretty sure I’d be the World Champion Cross Target Smasher. More specifically…. flipper — cross target — drain.
[quoted image]

Lower your flippers a tad and you will be nailing that ramp instead of clunking it off the targets

#16491 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Lower your flippers a tad and you will be nailing that ramp instead of clunking it off the targets

Is there a video or guide on how to do this? I also hit that target all the time and SDTM. I noticed my flipper from factory was a bit higher than most pins.

#16492 2 years ago

Dan, huge upgrade on sound, thanks, highly recommended!

1F4E6CB5-99B7-4F24-8D15-175099708DC4 (resized).jpeg1F4E6CB5-99B7-4F24-8D15-175099708DC4 (resized).jpeg
#16493 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Dan, huge upgrade on sound, thanks, highly recommended!
[quoted image]

Yeppers, i played my op mates GnR the other day and it sounded tinny.

#16494 2 years ago

I am putting my GNR standard out on location. I would like to add a dollar bill validator. I currently only have stern games out on route and have never put one of my JJP games out on location. What type/model should I use. Thanks - any advice is appreciated

#16495 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I am putting my GNR standard out on location. I would like to add a dollar bill validator. I currently only have stern games out on route and have never put one of my JJP games out on location. What type/model should I use. Thanks - any advice is appreciated

You need the 12v ones, not the 120v like Stern. I used Mars AE2654 because it did $1-$5-$10-$20, and with $1.50/1 play or $5/4 play pricing we got a lot of $5, $10, $20 bills instead of just 1s.

The downside is the 12v ones are newer and not a dime a dozen on Ebay like the 120v ones. You can get a 120v one for $70-$100 on Ebay that only takes $1. A 12v unit you're lucky if you get one for $200 used.

#16496 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I just took delivery of my LE! Wow!!! What a machine!!!! On the 4 games I played so far the machined kicked me to the ground mercilessly but I love it! I’m in Scorbit under Mar3nBu if anyone wants to add me…

Just added you. I also got my game from Bill and Matt today! Enjoy.

Rob

#16497 2 years ago

Finally got to spend some time with my GNR. Got Civil War going. Man awesome light show, sound effects and incorporation of the shaker. Fabulous! Loved it!

#16498 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally got to spend some time with my GNR. Got Civil War going. Man awesome light show, sound effects and incorporation of the shaker. Fabulous! Loved it!

100% agree. I'm floor by the whole experience of this game.

#16499 2 years ago

Hey guys - got the Band logo patch today to light special. Where is special?

Also another quick one - in On The Road mode, once I've got the three loops, I then shoot the (I think there might be 2?) white loop shots, and then you have to just hit the three loops again and repeat. Is this correct? Nothing else seems to happen. The walkthrough says "During On the Road, you can discover band member “power ups”. What does this even mean? I assume completing On The Road just makes Tour Multiball more valuable.

Cheers!

#16500 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I just added you too!

I'm Tim if anyone wants to add me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/330 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.