IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 374.
#10501 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I thought I heard everything pinball in 17 years but what are rails vs posts? Guess I never heard that term?

No worries Dave here you go dude:

Playfield support posts
4AF87511-8959-4963-98B7-4632BD0D2187 (resized).jpeg4AF87511-8959-4963-98B7-4632BD0D2187 (resized).jpeg

Playfield support rails
572E0B58-6D8B-4406-8973-A4DCE7236FD3 (resized).jpeg572E0B58-6D8B-4406-8973-A4DCE7236FD3 (resized).jpeg

#10502 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No worries Dave here you go dude:
Playfield support posts
[quoted image]
Playfield support rails
[quoted image]

That makes sense I assumed he was referring to playfield supports but got thrown with the posts. Learn something everyday. Thanks!

#10503 5 years ago

I have this game on my radar and have a rule question. I've only played it a few times, but it appears to be a game I'd enjoy.

It looks like there are 4 major Villains each with 3 levels. It appears as though you can decide to capture the villain at either level 1, 2, or 3. So in essence, it's one mode for each villain, but with an increasing risk / reward.

I see there are also minor villain modes, or what appears to be TV modes. Does anyone know how many of these modes there are? I was watching some video, and saw grayed out silhouettes when someone would choose a mode. It made me think that either they need to be unlocked, or are still being coded.

One rulesheet I found indicated that their was a mini wizard mode following capture of all 4 major villains. Is that the only wizard mode? Does anyone know if there will be more?

I'm most interested by this game because of the artwork and the fact that it's being coded by Lyman, who did such a phenomenal job on TWD. It also appears to have a huge number of TV show clips. I never watched the show (it was before my time), but I always like games that make good use of the screen.

#10504 5 years ago

The grayed out minor villains will be enabled with future code updates. You need to defeat one minor villain for each season (3 total) which will get you to the Batusi wizard mode. The Villain Escape wizard mode is awarded after the 4 major villains are defeated. Both modes are activated by hitting the left orbit and landing in the Riddler saucer while the Batsignal between the flippers is flashing. I'm almost certain Lyman will code at least one more wizard mode. He's put too much into this game already to stop at only 2 wizard modes.

#10505 5 years ago

#10506 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It looks like there are 4 major Villains each with 3 levels. It appears as though you can decide to capture the villain at either level 1, 2, or 3.

The 4 main villain modes have 3-4 stages, Joker and Riddler have 3, Catwoman and Penguin have 4. There are also alternate episodes for each villain that are selectable before your first plunge that are 1 stage less to fully complete.
There's the Riddler boxing episode, surfing Joker, Eartha Kit as Catwoman, and my favorite call out in the game thus far in the alternate Penguin mode. "Next time we see you Penguin you'll be hollering uncle instead of daddy"

#10507 5 years ago

Any guesses on who the next minor villains will be?

Louie the Lilac? Siren? Black Widow? Puzzler?

#10508 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any guesses on who the next minor villains will be?
Louie the Lilac? Siren? Black Widow? Puzzler?

So far they've just filled in the greyed out ones so it doesn't seem likely that they'll add new MVs. Just alternate versions of the same 6 that are featured on the play field. They totally could though and I hope they do.

#10509 5 years ago

Love this game by playing earlier trying to get my head around all the rules while I had what felt like a half dozen modes running at once left me feeling a little like:

7D60595C-3051-44A7-A275-607A0730A22D.gif7D60595C-3051-44A7-A275-607A0730A22D.gif
#10510 5 years ago

With all the exciting new code we decided to give the gameroom an update. Yoda is loving it the Trolls not so much...... lol

IMG_0600 (resized).jpgIMG_0600 (resized).jpg
#10511 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With all the exciting new code we decided to give the gameroom an update. Yoda is loving it the Trolls not so much...... lol
[quoted image]

Am I seeing triple..... 3 Batman toppers!?

#10512 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Huh? Oh that, a friend challenged me and said it couldn't be done. Well since I couldn't find a SW or MM topper I liked I made some I Loved! lol

#10513 5 years ago

That’s awesome, would love to add one of those!

#10514 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh? Oh that, a friend challenged me and said it couldn't be done. Well since I couldn't find a SW or MM topper I liked I made some I Loved! lol

I predict a flood PM's from premium owners asking for these.

#10515 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I predict a flood PM's from premium owners asking for these.

Lol I feared that also.... Just a challenge I wanted to see if I was capable of doing for myself. Time will tell. I also don't like to say I can do something without doing it. Nothing stinks more than selling theory or dreams.

#10516 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Let’s see some close ups Dave I wanna see just how good your copies are but very cool non the less

#10517 5 years ago

In fact Dave I’m going to send you a pm about a little idea you have given me, would be awesome if you could give it a read and let me know your thoughts.

#10518 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Let’s see some close ups Dave I wanna see just how good your copies are but very cool non the less

Sure I like a challenge and discerning eye! If you squint you can see which is the non-clone.... Close and function was my goal.

IMG_0588 (resized).jpgIMG_0588 (resized).jpgIMG_0590 (resized).jpgIMG_0590 (resized).jpg
#10519 5 years ago

I would say the middle one is the original, if I’m right your version still looks fantastic!

Oh I think this will be a challenge but you and your good lady are more than up to it if you like the concept, could make a lot of SW owners very happy, fingers crossed.

#10520 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure I like a challenge and discerning eye! If you squint you can see which is the non-clone.... Close and function was my goal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic! Available on The Mod Couple website how soon?

#10521 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Daddy likey

#10522 5 years ago

Make them fast before Stern sends you a cease and desist. Based on what I've heard on recent podcasts they can be quite ruthless <cough, godzilla, cough> in their business practices.

#10523 5 years ago

Yelobird pm sent interested to hear your thoughts.

#10524 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Fantastic! Available on The Mod Couple website how soon?

Must say was actually a daunting challenge and a bit more complex then I imagined. Fun fact for LE owners for consideration. The LED choice I used for the Duo in my opinion actually looks much more crisp and less washed out. Pops. I will share some images how-to later if anyone wants to upgrade theirs DIY style. Fairly easy and low cost.

#10525 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Make them fast before Stern sends you a cease and desist. Based on what I've heard on recent podcasts they can be quite ruthless &lt;cough, godzilla, cough&gt; in their business practices.

For record and content I never said I was Selling these. I simply made something for myself...

#10526 5 years ago

If you have a star trek machine you should make a version like this one.
1461708866-0 (resized).jpg1461708866-0 (resized).jpg

#10527 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

[quoted image]

Could go with fully costumed Kirk and
Spock for full immersion..
A1D9D193-C27C-4DE0-A2DD-D8201C0F5BCE (resized).jpegA1D9D193-C27C-4DE0-A2DD-D8201C0F5BCE (resized).jpeg

#10528 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

[quoted image]

Quoted from J85M:

Could go with fully costumed Kirk and
Spock for full immersion..
[quoted image]

Must say you guys are crazy creative! lol That video makes me laugh every time.

#10529 5 years ago

Ok with my PM box exploding... I should have clarified my photo and presentation better. We are Not selling these nor making these toppers. As a fellow Batman and Batman 66 super fan we simply wished to show If you love and want something bad enough it can be created! These were done for my Navy son and my father. Not to be sold but as a thank you for there service and support throughout the years. The mod Couple Loves to create and challenge design boundaries but this is nothing more then a clone of someone else’s amazing creation. We would never disparage the efforts of those talented artist/designers nor devalue the buyers of these LE/SLE collectibles. I know I wouldn’t appreciate that either. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s interest in our work and products and I do apologize if anyone assumed my intent was to flood the market with SLE’s. And before anyone asks No, Stern nor anyone contacted us I simply felt my presentation was assumed as goods for sale which was never our intention. Way to much work! Sincerely apologize but our passion for this game is strong. Not strong enough to have every owner and creator dislike us however. Lol. Just consider this a teaching moment that you can create Anything you wish for and there are Many around you that are willing to help you achieve your goal! America was built with creative minds and the will to create, anything is possible. I do appreciate the feedback and sorry if my presentation was incorrectly perceived. My son does love it though and this was his gift for making Chief this week. So very proud of him and this is what he wanted.

#10530 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok with my PM box exploding... I should have clarified my photo and presentation better. We are Not selling these nor making these toppers. As a fellow Batman and Batman 66 super fan we simply wished to show If you love and want something bad enough it can be created! These were done for my Navy son and my father. Not to be sold but as a thank you for there service and support throughout the years. The mod Couple Loves to create and challenge design boundaries but this is nothing more then a clone of someone else’s amazing creation. We would never disparage the efforts of those talented artist/designers nor devalue the buyers of these LE/SLE collectibles. I know I wouldn’t appreciate that either. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s interest in our work and products and I do apologize if anyone assumed my intent was to flood the market with SLE’s. And before anyone asks No, Stern nor anyone contacted us I simply felt my presentation was assumed as goods for sale which was never our intention. Way to much work! Sincerely apologize but our passion for this game is strong. Not strong enough to have every owner and creator dislike us however. Lol. Just consider this a teaching moment that you can create Anything you wish for and there are Many around you that are willing to help you achieve your goal! America was built with creative minds and the will to create, anything is possible. I do appreciate the feedback and sorry if my presentation was incorrectly perceived. My son does love it though and this was his gift for making Chief this week. So very proud of him and this is what he wanted.

How did you get the light to work on the topper? LE machines have a small board that runs it.

#10531 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How did you get the light to work on the topper? LE machines have a small board that runs it.

My direction was more of a plug and play constantly on. Honestly that’s the only thing I don’t like about the stock topper. It only functions or lights during attract mode or a few game modes. Seems a shame to have such an amazing topper dark and only activated a few times. I opted to not use any node boards and improved the lighting as well as the center beacon to be slightly more BM correct. As I find some time I will show a complete internal breakdown of how I made my own should you wish to take on the challenge. Took me about 3 days (mostly evenings) to design but my son absolutely loves the result and can’t tell the difference. I went with the keep It Simple theory. Lol

#10532 5 years ago

LOL this club never fails to make me laugh. Top job on those toppers. You should reply to the guy who constantly bangs on about the Star Wars topper on Stern's facebook page!

Neil.

#10533 5 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – AUGUST 2018

Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed the most recent release and there is still plenty in store! We are finalizing the minor villain modes and adding two more wizard modes. Look for another update later this month.

Later this month...woohoo.

#10534 5 years ago

Wow. Really enjoying this game but man, you need a book to figure out what you are supposed to do. Lol
I don’t know how many times that all of the sudden there is another choice or feature that I activated and have no idea how. No idea how to use the gadgets yet or when multiple things are going on at once, what I should be doing. Don’t get me wrong, loving this game but it makes my brain hurt.
First NIB and I can see me doing it again because as much as I love my older games, this is just a whole different experience.

I know there have been posts here and there about different things but if there is a General write up on strategy/rules, could someone point me In that direction. Even if it’s another site.

Thanks.

#10535 5 years ago

Need a little help....

So I'm replacing the TV on my BM66. It looks like it should be an easy switch out. Even came with simple instructions.

I'm having a really hard time disconnecting the old TV. I don't want to pull too hard and break anything. The back of the TV shows a place for a clip, like something you'd find on a landline telephone line. Having a difficult time finding it on the RJ45 cable.

#10536 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Need a little help....
So I'm replacing the TV on my BM66. It looks like it should be an easy switch out. Even came with simple instructions.
I'm having a really hard time disconnecting the old TV. I don't want to pull too hard and break anything. The back of the TV shows a place for a clip, like something you'd find on a landline telephone line. Having a difficult time finding it on the RJ45 cable.

I just took it off yesterday when I installed the Atomic Pile mod. The little
Release clip is on the outside part of the plug (facing the edge of the TV and not the center) . It’s kind of tricky to get too. From what I remember, I took the two screws holding the TV on and then I was able to get a little better grip on the plug. I was never able to just press it all the way in. and release it but was able to squeeze it just enough to get the cable out.
If you have some needle nose pliers, you might be able to squeeze the release from the back to get the plug out.

#10537 5 years ago

Thanks Lonzo;

I finally figured it out and was about to delete my post.

Had a hard time getting my fat fingers in the limited space. Then (of course) I dropped a screw, but luckily I had extra.

I'm not very handy so replacing the TV and the front button today felt like minor victories.

#10538 5 years ago

...and I spoke too soon.

Front button is replaced and flashing. I installed it the only way it can go.

Button goes down but is not activating. AAARRRGGGHHH!

I'm a dunce... what the $%&#@ am I doing wrong?

#10539 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

...and I spoke too soon.
Front button is replaced and flashing. I installed it the only way it can go.
Button goes down but is not activating. AAARRRGGGHHH!
I'm a dunce... what the $%&amp;#@ am I doing wrong?

A bit confused as you are talking about a TV then a button. I assume you also changed or modified the button in the lock down bar? If so, its possible you slightly bent the little board below the button. With the lock bar locked down both sides the button should just make contact and close the switch. Make sure the glass is back all the way and the bar is fully seated. Also just in case, I hope you replaced the black spacer that was supporting that button as otherwise the button will be far to long. Let us know I could even gather pictures or you could provide some to let us help better. You will get there fat fingers or not!

#10540 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A bit confused as you are talking about a TV then a button. I assume you also changed or modified the button in the lock down bar? If so, its possible you slightly bent the little board below the button. With the lock bar locked down both sides the button should just make contact and close the switch. Make sure the glass is back all the way and the bar is fully seated. Also just in case, I hope you replaced the black spacer that was supporting that button as otherwise the button will be far to long. Let us know I could even gather pictures or you could provide some to let us help better. You will get there fat fingers or not!

You, Sir, are my new favorite Pinsider!

Indeed, I forgot to replace the black spacer! Now it works perfectly!!

Thank you so much;

Tony

#10541 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Need a little help....
So I'm replacing the TV on my BM66.

What happened to the original TV?

#10542 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What happened to the original TV?

The screen slipped a bit and in true Stern fashion, they shipped a new one to me in days with a follow up email making sure I was satisfied.

#10543 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

You, Sir, are my new favorite Pinsider!
Indeed, I forgot to replace the black spacer! Now it works perfectly!!
Thank you so much;
Tony

Anytime, 2 of my favorites represented. Batman and Bob and Doug McKenzie! lol Loved SCTV. Good luck with the game plenty of Very knowledgeable and talented folks in this club to help you out if you have questions or issues. Great game and with the code coming very soon you joined at a great time. Congrats.

#10544 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Wow. Really enjoying this game but man, you need a book to figure out what you are supposed to do. Lol

Don’t worry Stern are releasing a rules book for BM66, the first draft is currently being proof read.

EA23080A-10CE-4069-84EA-71D0A3A9FC6B (resized).jpegEA23080A-10CE-4069-84EA-71D0A3A9FC6B (resized).jpeg
#10545 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t worry Stern are releasing a rules book for BM66, the first draft is currently being proof read.[quoted image]

I thought that was for the season 1 part of the code!

Every time I speak with someone about this game, they explain to me a different way to play it. Coding is awesome!

#10546 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I thought that was for the season 1 part of the code!
Every time I speak with someone about this game, they explain to me a different way to play it. Coding is awesome!

Oh it is the complete season 1 to 3 is taking a lot longer to proof read

B254001D-BDC0-4428-B091-2A35D3348812 (resized).jpegB254001D-BDC0-4428-B091-2A35D3348812 (resized).jpeg
#10547 5 years ago

This may be common knowledge but I haven't seen it before. This is the exact kind of document I was looking for that actually explains how the rules work and strategy for the game. Too much to learn all at once but if you break it down in sections you can slowly become Batman.

As of now it is current to code .88

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#10548 5 years ago

I was wondering if someone could check a setting out for me. I am having trouble with the crane stopping on the purple inserts. The crane is overshooting the insert in both directions. When the crane stops, the ball goes past the center and rest on the outer edge of the insert and on some cases it is centered on the black ring around the insert. Some of the inserts it goes far enough that it passes the switch sensor and the crane does not know its over the insert.

There is a setting in Feature Adjustments (#126) that is Penguin motor lag. The default is set to 20. It doesn't matter what setting it is on, I have tried 0 and 100, the movement doesn't change at all. Stern is looking into it but I am just curious if your crane movement changes as you change this setting. Its almost like the software is not using this setting. I figured it would be good information to tell Chaz if other peoples works or doesn't work. Also, the may have been something that broke during a code update.

If you test it could you also say what code you are running. I am the latest .93

Thanks

#10549 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I was wondering if someone could check a setting out for me. I am having trouble with the crane stopping on the purple inserts. The crane is overshooting the insert in both directions. When the crane stops, the ball goes past the center and rest on the outer edge of the insert and on some cases it is centered on the black ring around the insert. Some of the inserts it goes far enough that it passes the switch sensor and the crane does not know its over the insert.
There is a setting in Feature Adjustments (#126) that is Penguin motor lag. The default is set to 20. It doesn't matter what setting it is on, I have tried 0 and 100, the movement doesn't change at all. Stern is looking into it but I am just curious if your crane movement changes as you change this setting. Its almost like the software is not using this setting. I figured it would be good information to tell Chaz if other peoples works or doesn't work. Also, the may have been something that broke during a code update.
If you test it could you also say what code you are running. I am the latest .93
Thanks

I am probably wrong (happens often) but I think motor lag setting is more of a decel/accell ramping speed not in anyway a positioning setting. Positioning is a mechanical adjustment which I believe was covered a few times in this thread a few pages back need to look. From what I read its fairly easy to adjust.

#10550 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am probably wrong (happens often) but I think motor lag setting is more of a decel/accell ramping speed not in anyway a positioning setting. Positioning is a mechanical adjustment which I believe was covered a few times in this thread a few pages back need to look. From what I read its fairly easy to adjust.

Ok. I will do some research. This is the setting Chaz had me adjusting. Of course it would be nice to have a manual that describes what all these setting do. Some of them are self explanatory and some are not.

I will try and search for the adjustments you talk about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 18,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/211?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.