New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,328 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Kenswift
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10018 2 years ago

Advanced apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere....

So, I'm selling off a few of my pins to buy a NIB Batman 66. I'd like to find an LE, but I see that they've sold out.

Is the Premium that much of a lesser machine? I see the chart of differences, but are the added features that important?

Thanks in advance.

#10020 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

They are all cosmetic. Game is exactly the same.
Neil.

Thanks....I was hoping that was the main difference.

2 months later
#10415 2 years ago

I'm officially in the club.....Just bought a Batman 66 at California Extreme! Paid for it and put up a decent score for my first game!

Sooooo happy....wanted one since day 1.

37913436_1775745962512888_1502218795219943424_n (resized).jpg
#10416 2 years ago

Quick question....how do you activate the magnet?

#10437 2 years ago

Day one of having my new BM66 home and I'm loving it. Such a fun game.

Question: There is an intermittent noise like a fan that occurs. I know the newer Sterns are more computer than in the past so I'm guessing that this is normal.

Is it?

#10439 2 years ago

....and two minutes later, I got a response from Stern via Email answering my question.

From the day I bought TSPP NIB when it was new to my latest purchase, Stern has continually blown me away with their amazing customer service. When I bought AC/DC NIB it had a minor issue with the dmd that was handled immediately.

Thank you Vino for confirming!

#10489 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Another new BM66 owner, sales on this game have certainly spiked a lot in the last 12 months especially the last 6 months seems to be a new owner every week.

Yep...there were 2 for sale at California Extreme last week....I bought one and someone else bought the other one early on the first day of the show.

People were lined up to play all weekend and I'm thinking the distributor might have taken orders for additional BM66s. Super popular for the entire show.

#10494 2 years ago

Just checked and mine has the leg braces.

Where do you find the build date info?

#10496 2 years ago

Found it....

July 18, 2018.

Dang....Brand new!

#10507 2 years ago

Any guesses on who the next minor villains will be?

Louie the Lilac? Siren? Black Widow? Puzzler?

#10535 2 years ago

Need a little help....

So I'm replacing the TV on my BM66. It looks like it should be an easy switch out. Even came with simple instructions.

I'm having a really hard time disconnecting the old TV. I don't want to pull too hard and break anything. The back of the TV shows a place for a clip, like something you'd find on a landline telephone line. Having a difficult time finding it on the RJ45 cable.

#10537 2 years ago

Thanks Lonzo;

I finally figured it out and was about to delete my post.

Had a hard time getting my fat fingers in the limited space. Then (of course) I dropped a screw, but luckily I had extra.

I'm not very handy so replacing the TV and the front button today felt like minor victories.

#10538 2 years ago

...and I spoke too soon.

Front button is replaced and flashing. I installed it the only way it can go.

Button goes down but is not activating. AAARRRGGGHHH!

I'm a dunce... what the $%&#@ am I doing wrong?

#10540 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A bit confused as you are talking about a TV then a button. I assume you also changed or modified the button in the lock down bar? If so, its possible you slightly bent the little board below the button. With the lock bar locked down both sides the button should just make contact and close the switch. Make sure the glass is back all the way and the bar is fully seated. Also just in case, I hope you replaced the black spacer that was supporting that button as otherwise the button will be far to long. Let us know I could even gather pictures or you could provide some to let us help better. You will get there fat fingers or not!

You, Sir, are my new favorite Pinsider!

Indeed, I forgot to replace the black spacer! Now it works perfectly!!

Thank you so much;

Tony

#10542 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What happened to the original TV?

The screen slipped a bit and in true Stern fashion, they shipped a new one to me in days with a follow up email making sure I was satisfied.

#10606 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

My specific problem was that the crane would overshoot in both directions. If it is only off on one side then it’s probably a mechanical adjustment.
The adjustment you will use is in the feature adjustments. It’s #126 Penguin Lag”. The range for this is 0-100 with 20 being the default setting. When you make an adjustment, you have to reset the machine to get the setting to work. I started with a setting of 10 and I could see improvement. I eventually went to a setting of 0 and it’s pretty darn centered. I never even tried settings above 20 just to see what would happen since I had it fixed.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for this. I'll try this today.

When you say that you have to "reset" the machine, do you mean just turn it off and then back on?

#10612 2 years ago

Quick question;

So I just played a game and completed all four main villains. Batman was flashing but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to shoot at.

Any ideas?

57bfWFhZSdW1o6BLirbZ5g (resized).jpg
#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Shoot the left orbit into the Batsignal in the upper right corner of the playfield. Then, you'll get to play the Villain Escape wizard mode.

Thanks...I'll remember that!

#10623 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Lyman did some awesome stuff with Villain Escape and the lights. I won't give it away, but it's so cool in my opinion.

Dang...and I was so close. Drained it through the left outlane.

#10632 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Lonzo Big thank you for the info you posted regarding the Penguin Lag Adjustment. I set mine to zero and rebooted the game. The crane mechanism is now almost perfectly centered over each insert both ways! What a difference!!

Me too....Thank you!

#10672 2 years ago

Anyone else have the ball bounce off of the entrance to the left ramp and roll on the Catwoman plastic?

Seems to happen every other game.

Not complaining....just wondering.

(After logging in 100+ games, I love this game more than ever.)

#10675 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Btw how active is the magnet for Joker or batphone hits? I don’t notice a ton of action. My magnet is working. I thought I remember it throwing the ball all over the place or even sometimes holding it. Just curious?

Mine does both. Tosses the ball all over and holds during Bat Phone.

#10686 2 years ago

Anyone else have this zip tie thingy on their left ramp?

0Xqe+tUsSyuSfpF2yMjjbw (resized).jpg
#10689 2 years ago

Thanks...Couldn't find any pics online that showed it.

#10691 2 years ago

I've only had it for a short time so I'm still discovering the callouts.

"Hands off the flipper button, Citizen" gave me a big belly laugh.

What a great game.

#10702 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So has most everyone moved the blue rubber bumper from the left outside of the left ramp to the inside of the left ramp to make the left orbit shot easier?

I really don't have much trouble hitting the left orbit shot; it's the left ramp shot that drives me nutso.

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh crap...this is the game that needs the extra support brackets? Where do I get those and are there instillation instructions?

I could be wrong, but are you talking about this? If so, Stern added these to later productions. Mine's a couple of months old.

8m4yxwAQSK2RFGQR6CoAtQ (resized).jpg
#10759 2 years ago

They also added this diverter for when your ball careens down the play field after hitting the magnet.

eCBqiWK4RgmHQm1vrZqXoA (resized).jpg
#10768 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thanks-Pismo,I musta missed that one!!!

She was in the later episodes....I'm gonna have to go check the box set.

#10770 2 years ago

Speaking of which, I picked up this blu ray box set from Amazon last week. Looks amazing and has tons of extra goodies.

Highly recommended.

amazon.com link »

#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if others have reviewed the newest HeadtoHead pinball podcast (#58) but I strongly suggest having a listen. George Gomez goes over much of Deadpool but more importantly he talks quit a bit about the direction of Batman 66, code updates, and the vision Lyman has for this title in the Very near future. Good listen. If your not interested in the Deadpool or company direction interview you can FF to around 1:25 area where he starts the Batman 66 story.
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/08/27/episode-58-george-gomez/

Thanks for this...good interview.

I love the fact that George doesn't even have a BM66 yet because they're spoken for.

From what I've been told, BM66 has far exceeded Stern's sales expectations, hence the added run.

#10788 2 years ago

How easy are these to install?

What does it plug into?

Can you turn it on/off or do you have to unplug it?

(Sorry for the dumb questions)

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Simple install for Stern Spike 2 headphone plate.
There is a blank plate on game door already to fill the hole. Remove 4 nuts to remove blank plate and replace with headphone plate.
Connect harness to back of headphone plate than route harness through existing harness clamps alongside of cabinet and up into backbox. Plug other end of harness into CPU board in backbox.
Go into settings in menu and configure how you want game sound to behave. By default, it will mute the game speakers whenever headphones are plugged in. You can change it so machine speakers always stay on whether headphones are plugged in or not. Use volume knob on headphone plate to control game volume on headphones alone or headphones + cabinet speakers.
Many options in menu to configure sound control.[quoted image]

Very cool...thanks so much!

#10809 2 years ago
fullsizeoutput_a47 (resized).jpeg
#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Great. Now there are two modes I'm never going to see without taking the glass off...

Well, you can always go this route.

XbkHslY%QX66Gmm8oJ7BOQ (resized).jpg
#10816 2 years ago

Dang...the file is over 4 gb. Time to buy a new flash drive.

#10872 2 years ago

So I just downloaded the new code to my thumb drive, plugged it in, turned it on and the update prompt never appeared. Just goes to the regular screen.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The instructions didn't call to flip a dip switch like past machines.

#10880 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you unzip it before you put it on thumb drive.

Quoted from JimB:

No switch, did you extract the zip file and put the files in the root folder of the usb?

Yeah...that was it...thanks.

Weird because my Mac usually automatically unzips files.

Thanks guys!

#10883 2 years ago

So loving the latest code!

Hey Lyman....For the next update, any chance of getting some John Astin as Riddler video? After all, we have all three Catwomen.

#10928 2 years ago

Some of you guys are amazing.

I just put up 1.3 Billion and thought I was the man until I logged on here.

1 week later
#10965 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too late - apparently not worthy as it didn't make the subsequent "Pt. 2 Show Down" poll thread.

I know...he moved on after a day and a half.

#11002 2 years ago

So I don't understand....

Did Adam West do these name call outs? Is it a soundalike?

Advance apologies for not understanding pinbrowsers.

#11030 2 years ago

I'm also waiting for Munsters.

Since I sold most of my collection, next year I'll hopefully be down to BM66, Munsters and TSPP.

1 week later
#11056 2 years ago

Gonna try again but Holy Slow Download! (probably my crap Spectrum wifi).

#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Man, I am on my third attempt to download the code. I have never had an issue before. Both times it appeared to be at the end but they both showed partial downloads and the download screen was closed. Both showed 5.4 gig. Any ideas?

It took me a couple of tries but it finally worked. I decided to start over from scratch and deleted and reinstalled the code. I then reinstalled it on my thumb drive .

#11080 2 years ago

Regarding the updated code; is it just me or does the tilt now seem more sensitive no matter the setting?

#11103 2 years ago

Is there any way to turn the tilt feature off?

#11107 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess no Jeff’s had the big bucks. That list has 54 unique names. Tell me all the names with multiple entries are the same. ie one Jim recording and all others are same size and date.
Why don’t people have their frickin name said aloud yet Stern? There are so few, put them on the same SLE/LE/Prem chip and let any model game owner use a setting to pick whatever one they want, with default being blank. People like me are out of luck, but Mark’s and Lloyd’s of the world are in good to go
[quoted image]

I like this idea.

Tony

#11109 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just take the tilt bob out.

Of course! Thank you.

So I went to do just that and found the goody bag leaning against the tilt bob.

Yep....I'm a dope.

1 week later
#11239 2 years ago

Just completed Villian Escape Mode.

Damn...That was an impressive light show! Now I get the "Warning" sticker.

#11243 2 years ago

So I was tightening the screws on the bat mobile turnstile and I noticed the position of the batmobile and the "nub" next to it that doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

Is my Batmobile in the correct postion? I'm unable to find any close up pics online.

Thanks again in advance....

SshenogSSyeXM5QLNUJG0g (resized).jpg
#11245 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That Nub is the other screw to hold the bat mobile lol. Yes it’s way off. May need to use epoxy on that as the car usually breaks at this point.

Thanks, Yelobird!

I repositioned it to where it should be until I get some epoxy. I'm glad I checked it as the screws on the turnstile were ready to fall off.

2 weeks later
#11387 2 years ago

You just know my next two balls are going sdtm..

Very good code update although I’m not sure why we even need a time limit to pick a minor villian.

96C5BCF7-3A87-4996-BF29-FE176092EB5B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11520 2 years ago

Looks like the SLE owners finally get their custom call outs.

#11522 2 years ago

They also mention "The next release" so apparently V1.00.0 is not the last we've heard on this already amazing game.

#11525 2 years ago

Apparently, one of the SLE owner's name is Tony.

....or as I like to call him, my new best friend.

#11607 2 years ago

Stern just updated to code 1.80 for Metallica so yeah, I see more code coming.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside