IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 374.
#10601 5 years ago

For those interested, the crane lag adjustment(#126) fixed my issue of overshooting the inserts.

#10602 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

For those interested, the crane lag adjustment(#126) fixed my issue of overshooting the inserts.

Can you please clarify what you did with the setting? I'm having same issue with crane not aligning with inserts

IMG_6091.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_6091.HEIC (resized).jpeg

#10603 5 years ago

So who here is getting our BM66 designers next game Deadpool?

A lot of people moan about George and his designs but we all clearly love this one which got me curious how many of us are going in on a little Deadpool.?

#10604 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can you please clarify what you did with the setting? I'm having same issue with crane not aligning with inserts
[quoted image]

My specific problem was that the crane would overshoot in both directions. If it is only off on one side then it’s probably a mechanical adjustment.

The adjustment you will use is in the feature adjustments. It’s #126 Penguin Lag”. The range for this is 0-100 with 20 being the default setting. When you make an adjustment, you have to reset the machine to get the setting to work. I started with a setting of 10 and I could see improvement. I eventually went to a setting of 0 and it’s pretty darn centered. I never even tried settings above 20 just to see what would happen since I had it fixed.

Hope this helps.

#10605 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

My specific problem was that the crane would overshoot in both directions. If it is only off on one side then it’s probably a mechanical adjustment.
The adjustment you will use is in the feature adjustments. It’s #126 Penguin Lag”. The range for this is 0-100 with 20 being the default setting. When you make an adjustment, you have to reset the machine to get the setting to work. I started with a setting of 10 and I could see improvement. I eventually went to a setting of 0 and it’s pretty darn centered. I never even tried settings above 20 just to see what would happen since I had it fixed.
Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the explanation. My issue seems to be that the crane is aligned when it moves left, but as soon as it moves right it overshoots the inserts by a fair amount, and will trap the ball when it's over the far right insert.

#10606 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this. I'll try this today.

When you say that you have to "reset" the machine, do you mean just turn it off and then back on?

#10607 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thank you for this. I'll try this today.
When you say that you have to "reset" the machine, do you mean just turn it off and then back on?

That’s what I did. But this being my first NIB, there might be someone else that could chime in if if there is a way to do that without turning off and then back on.

#10608 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So who here is getting our BM66 designers next game Deadpool?
A lot of people moan about George and his designs but we all clearly love this one which got me curious how many of us are going in on a little Deadpool.?

The Mod Couple is IN on Deadpool LE. Already have 3 Mods to release hopefully tomorrow. So think the art styling and theme of this game will fit perfectly next to BM66. We do have some new Batman 66 mods in motion thanks to some advice from #Doc which we have been sitting on for awhile. After touring Stern last week I must say Deadpool will be a huge success for Stern. Drop dead gorgeous machine and the shot map was done incredibly well.

#10609 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is IN on Deadpool LE. Already have 3 Mods to release hopefully tomorrow. So think the art styling and theme of this game will fit perfectly next to BM66. We do have some new Batman 66 mods in motion thanks to some advice from #Doc which we have been sitting on for awhile. After touring Stern last week I must say Deadpool will be a huge success for Stern. Drop dead gorgeous machine and the shot map was done incredibly well.

Totally forgot you went to Stern, apologies to everyone for taking this thread of topic momentarily but how did the inner orbit to ramp shot work? Was it smooth and successful 100% of the time? It’s the only thing about Deadpool that’s got me on a back foot.

Right back on topic, more mods for Batman66 you say? Go on.... you can’t tell us that after your atomic pile and other must haves and not tease or revel anything

#10610 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally forgot you went to Stern, apologies to everyone for taking this thread of topic momentarily but how did the inner orbit to ramp shot work? Was it smooth and successful 100% of the time? It’s the only thing about Deadpool that’s got me on a back foot.
Right back on topic, more mods for Batman66 you say? Go on.... you can’t tell us that after your atomic pile and other must haves and not tease or revel anything

Our love is Batman (Sincerely) but we feel like we can show some value added love to DP. Can't say my advice should be taken as a recommendation to buy (don't want that liability) but yes the shot was extremely fluid and Clearly Stern did their geometry homework on this game. No where near the need to be a sharp shooting sniper like Houdini for example. Not a bad thing just saying my wife and I are not the best players just like a game that we don't need to practice daily to enjoy. DP Absolutely fit that bill and I feel after everyone sees the code and call outs on Wednesday the buyers can decide. For us and our oddly eclectic interests this title is a Home Run in every way! Not a Stern cheerleader but I must say they have Really stepped up their game big time lately.

#10611 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but yes the shot was extremely fluid and Clearly Stern did their geometry homework on this game.

That is a relief as it was my only concern over an otherwise awesome looking game!

Quoted from Yelobird:

my wife and I are not the best players just like a game that we don't need to practice daily to enjoy.

I am probably of a similar if not lesser skill level as I don't have a great deal of time to play at the moment, but I love games I can jump on and maybe just have that one game in an hour or two of playing where everything just goes right and the game blows up, love it when that happens always a rush!

Anyway stop trying to avoid getting this thread back on topic, you mentioned more BM66 mods

Any ETA on when we can all expect to see something from you? Must admit if its a collaboration between yourselves and docquest I imagine you have something pretty nice to show.

#10612 5 years ago

Quick question;

So I just played a game and completed all four main villains. Batman was flashing but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to shoot at.

Any ideas?

57bfWFhZSdW1o6BLirbZ5g (resized).jpg57bfWFhZSdW1o6BLirbZ5g (resized).jpg
#10613 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question;
So I just played a game and completed all four main villains. Batman was flashing but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to shoot at.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

The saucer up top.

#10614 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question;
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Shoot the left orbit into the Batsignal in the upper right corner of the playfield. Then, you'll get to play the Villain Escape wizard mode.

#10615 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Shoot the left orbit into the Batsignal in the upper right corner of the playfield. Then, you'll get to play the Villain Escape wizard mode.

Thanks...I'll remember that!

#10616 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

More mods......

bitmoji-20180813064432 (resized).pngbitmoji-20180813064432 (resized).png
#10617 5 years ago

Greetings, The 1/1.00/3/2.00 that appear at the bottom of the screen (like in PismoArcade post above). Great score by the way! Is there a way to remove? Best, Charlie

#10618 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings, The 1/1.00/3/2.00 that appear at the bottom of the screen (like in PismoArcade post above). Great score by the way! Is there a way to remove? Best, Charlie

There's a setting near the end of feature adjustment menu to turn this off.
#219 Credit Pricing w/ Free Play

#10619 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

There's a setting near the end of feature adjustment menu to turn this off.
#219 Credit Pricing w/ Free Play

Thank you sir!

#10620 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks so much for the explanation. My issue seems to be that the crane is aligned when it moves left, but as soon as it moves right it overshoots the inserts by a fair amount, and will trap the ball when it's over the far right insert.

adamross

See my earlier post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/212#post-4533449

I'm still working on this with Stern and will update more soon. For now set feature adjustment #126 to the lowest setting and reboot the game. Then you can change the opto flag positioning underneath the crane mech so that it stops the crane too far going out/left and then when it over-travels returning home/right it will be more centered. You have to remove the protective plate under the mech first. Then find the piece of square metal that has a tab (the "opto flag") that goes down to break the opto beams as the crane travels- if you loosen the screw you can move that tab/flag out more and then tighten it back up. Run the crane test to see how it travels and try to get the best possible movement both ways.

#10621 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

adamross
See my earlier post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/212#post-4533449
I'm still working on this with Stern and will update more soon. For now set feature adjustment #126 to the lowest setting and reboot the game. Then you can change the opto flag positioning underneath the crane mech so that it stops the crane too far going out/left and then when it over-travels returning home/right it will be more centered. You have to remove the protective plate under the mech first. Then find the piece of square metal that has a tab (the "opto flag") that goes down to break the opto beams as the crane travels- if you loosen the screw you can move that tab/flag out more and then tighten it back up. Run the crane test to see how it travels and try to get the best possible movement both ways.

Thanks so much, will give this a try and report back!
-adam

#10622 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question;
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Lyman did some awesome stuff with Villain Escape and the lights. I won't give it away, but it's so cool in my opinion.

#10623 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Lyman did some awesome stuff with Villain Escape and the lights. I won't give it away, but it's so cool in my opinion.

Dang...and I was so close. Drained it through the left outlane.

#10624 5 years ago

Anyone else ever have the atomic pile shot bounce back into the playfield instead of exiting the side like it’s supposed to? Maybe my one way gate is sticking.

#10625 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else ever have the atomic pile shot bounce back into the playfield instead of exiting the side like it’s supposed to? Maybe my one way gate is sticking.

Mine does that 50% of the time......and half of those go SDTM......

#10626 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That is a relief as it was my only concern over an otherwise awesome looking game!

I am probably of a similar if not lesser skill level as I don't have a great deal of time to play at the moment, but I love games I can jump on and maybe just have that one game in an hour or two of playing where everything just goes right and the game blows up, love it when that happens always a rush!
Anyway stop trying to avoid getting this thread back on topic, you mentioned more BM66 mods
Any ETA on when we can all expect to see something from you? Must admit if its a collaboration between yourselves and docquest I imagine you have something pretty nice to show.

Thank you for the kind words #J85M We have always appreciated your honest input and support. As for releases one thing we do our best to avoid is tease with a what we are going to do and holding interests for months waiting for execution. We prefer the unveil and release strategy without the tease. We will release a minor one today. Just something I always felt was missing from the machine, nothing earth changing honestly but it did come out Really cool, low cost, and theme appropriate. The one's #DocQuest and I discussed have been on my mind for sometime just want to make sure they are implemented with the quality this game deserves. SOOOO excited I suspect we are getting close to the big Code drop soon....... This is how we celebrate. lol

#10627 5 years ago

Brand new to the hobby - just got a BM 66 Premium NIB last week. Sadly, when I powered it up, it wouldn't shoot the ball - the kicker arm of the auto launcher was in the up position and blocking the ball. I turned it off, thinking that might reset the auto launcher, but when I turned it back on again, smoke appeared, and it wouldn't power up. And thus I have not yet been able to play the game!

I've called Stern, and we identified that the auto launch coil is fried. They have sent a replacement. They are also sending a new Node Board #8, which has yet to arrive.

My question is about the auto launch mechanism itself. In tinkering around with it (and keep in mind that I'm a complete novice and have no knowledge of the proper workings of a pinball machine ), I've realized that the kicker arm doesn't move freely - there seems to be some friction. Could the plunger into the coil be rubbing against something inside the coil? Thought I would just ask the experts in this community to see if this is a common problem with an easy solution before I started randomly pulling stuff off of the machine.

Obviously replacing the coil and the node board won't solve anything if the auto launch mechanism is stuck and is just going to cause them to blow again.

#10628 5 years ago

As promised..... Plunge the dynamic Duo into crime with a "KaPOW" custom shooter plate Mod! Simple yet theme correct mod to dress up the boring shooter housing. 3D Design with raised accents to put the Pow in your plunge!! Hand detailed in classic colors and simple to install without modification. Let the villains know there is a new shooter in town, KaPOW! For combined shipping and additional info please visit our Website Store

WWW.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

IMG_0652 (resized).jpgIMG_0652 (resized).jpgIMG_0654 (resized).jpgIMG_0654 (resized).jpgIMG_0655 (resized).jpgIMG_0655 (resized).jpg
#10629 5 years ago

Just curious....has anybody extracted some of the music of BM66 to make ringtones?? Just have a trial version of PinballBrowser, so I can't export if from the ROM, but maybe someone else out there already has.....

#10630 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SOOOO excited I suspect we are getting close to the big Code drop soon.....

If we are going to get the two code drops this summer as mentioned previously, the first has to be coming very soon! With the next one coming late September when summer official ends. Can’t wait to see how Lyman finishes this game off.

#10631 5 years ago

Lonzo Big thank you for the info you posted regarding the Penguin Lag Adjustment. I set mine to zero and rebooted the game. The crane mechanism is now almost perfectly centered over each insert both ways! What a difference!!

#10632 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Lonzo Big thank you for the info you posted regarding the Penguin Lag Adjustment. I set mine to zero and rebooted the game. The crane mechanism is now almost perfectly centered over each insert both ways! What a difference!!

Me too....Thank you!

#10633 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Me too....Thank you!

Awesome. Glad it worked

#10634 5 years ago
fullsizeoutput_1c5 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1c5 (resized).jpeg
#10635 5 years ago

Hello,

I am hoping someone has tweaked this shot. Hard to see thru the ramp but when you shoot for the left orbit many times I hit that piece of metal right above the "T" dead on and cringe. I am assuming that post and sleeve where meant to be further out so the ball obviously hits the post sleeve.

IMG_1982 (resized).jpgIMG_1982 (resized).jpg
#10636 5 years ago

Bend guide a bit, move like hub of death to inside of ramp to open up the lane

#10637 5 years ago

Thanks. I heard people saying to move that blue stopper inside the ramp. I got some ModCouple Mods to install tomorrow. Will start hammering into that orbit metal then.

#10638 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello,
I am hoping someone has tweaked this shot. Hard to see thru the ramp but when you shoot for the left orbit many times I hit that piece of metal right above the "T" dead on and cringe. I am assuming that post and sleeve where meant to be further out so the ball obviously hits the post sleeve.
[quoted image]

Looking at mine and my old playfield mine is almost flush/level with the post, definitely looks a lot smoother to shoot than yours sticking out those few mm.

#10639 5 years ago

Just did a Batman 66 in what i call Penguin purple. I think it looks pretty rad. Excited to see it get installed

20180814_190140 (resized).jpg20180814_190140 (resized).jpg20180814_190144 (resized).jpg20180814_190144 (resized).jpg20180814_190149 (resized).jpg20180814_190149 (resized).jpg20180814_190152 (resized).jpg20180814_190152 (resized).jpg20180814_192618 (resized).jpg20180814_192618 (resized).jpg20180814_192622 (resized).jpg20180814_192622 (resized).jpg20180814_192624 (resized).jpg20180814_192624 (resized).jpg20180814_192635 (resized).jpg20180814_192635 (resized).jpg20180814_192639 (resized).jpg20180814_192639 (resized).jpg
#10640 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking at mine and my old playfield mine is almost flush/level with the post, definitely looks a lot smoother to shoot than yours sticking out those few mm.

Yes mine is out at least a few MM. The pic makes it look way more flush than it is. Thanks.

#10641 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just did a Batman 66 in what i call Penguin purple. I think it looks pretty rad. Excited to see it get installed

#10642 5 years ago

Sorry messed that up. Robert I want to do my right ramp in whatever color it came in for the LE. I think it was Blue. I will pm you. You did an amazing turnaround for me the last time.

#10643 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn Robert that looks Awesome!! You sir have some mad skills in color. Never fail to impress looking at your work. After my games get put back in the lineup I'm going to be sending over my hardware to you for CV. Need some of that magic on my games.

#10644 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello,
[quoted image]

Ok just a suggestion but I personally would not start bending the rail unless it was a last resort. My guess is doing so will give you bigger issues with the ball looping back from the left and either hitting or smacking into the slings. Just a thought but I Believe Stern uses a slim type post rubber. Titan (and probably others) sell a Stern standard slim and a standard (B/W) rubber post. Looks like you only need just a Bit more sticking out but not past the lip. Try a slightly larger diameter post (.25) and see if that works first. JMO

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.14.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.14.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.14.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.14.43 PM (resized).png
#10645 5 years ago
Quoted from midhandicapper:

I've realized that the kicker arm doesn't move freely - there seems to be some friction. Could the plunger into the coil be rubbing against something inside the coil?

Apologies nobody answered your question. Too many mods to discuss, evidently.

If your coil was hot enough to smoke, it’s probably melted inside, which will cause that friction on the plunger.

When your new parts arrive, ensure you install them the same as the parts you remove. (Same wiring etc)

Then check the launch mech for any friction. There shouldn’t be any.

rd

#10646 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Apologies nobody answered your question. Too many mods to discuss, evidently.
If your coil was hot enough to smoke, it’s probably melted inside, which will cause that friction on the plunger.
When your new parts arrive, ensure you install them the same as the parts you remove. (Same wiring etc)
Then check the launch mech for any friction. There shouldn’t be any.
rd

Also in case they didn't give you one that after that kind of heat the coil sleeve is probably toast which might be why its so tight now.

#10647 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Sorry messed that up. Robert I want to do my right ramp in whatever color it came in for the LE. I think it was Blue. I will pm you. You did an amazing turnaround for me the last time.

The problem with moving it the guide back the other way is the right orbit shot will hit the top of the sling. you might be able to bend it a little though. I had to bend mine because I was having the opposite problem and it was hitting the sling.

The post rubber size is exactly the same size OD as a regular B/W one.
these > 1-1/16"
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

I went ahead and got the smaller fatter one 7/8" and cut a second one to stack it in order to make the appropriate length.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3394

Titans are cool for everything else, but I prefer the superbands or regular rubbers for posts they don't break down anywhere near as fast.

#10648 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hit me up when your ready

#10649 5 years ago

Holy Bat Button Bashing Batman

fullsizeoutput_1cf (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cf (resized).jpeg
#10650 5 years ago

Yelobird & Heme

Thanks. Titans have been ordered.

Yelobird did order #1125 get shipped yet gonna dig into this game once the Atomic Pile shows up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.