DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 601.
#22001 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They are a whole lot bigger and more timeless than RZ or Alice Cooper.

Hey I didn't pick up those themes.

#22002 5 years ago

Well, JJP supposedly have Muppets.

Could team up with Pinball Brothers....

#22003 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

But it sounds like you have a mind blower of a story to tell on this one Aurich?

I saw a visual pinball virtual tour of what the game could have potentially been like. I think the playfield was an Ousler design, had a grotto that could raise up kind of like the time expander on Dr Who and an upper playfield. I don't think anyone would have been excited about the design to be honest.

There was a strip feature with a timer you could activate to play a little video thing, but I dunno if it would have made the final design, because during the negotiations is when the magazine switched to no nudity, and the game became about acquiring wealth and houses and jets or something. There was some awful clip art of champagne bottles and such, no clue if it was supposed to be a real art package.

It was a corny mess that would be been a colossal failure. I made no secret about thinking it was a horrible idea, but it wasn't my problem, I had zero intention in being involved in it in any way.

I can't speak to Queen and what will happen, obviously it's not much of a secret. But Playboy being binned is doing everyone a favor.

#22004 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

..... because during the negotiations is when the magazine switched to no nudity, and the game became about acquiring wealth and houses and hydrofoils or something.....

Fixed it for you.

#22005 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Fixed it for you.

Following Andrew's fleecing of the AU ferry industry and subsequent sinking of the hydrofoil venture, expect to see a gofundme for flying cars.

IMG_0262 (resized).JPGIMG_0262 (resized).JPG

#22006 5 years ago

Ever seen a business fail? Is it shocking?

It blows but it happens all the time.

That's why bankruptcy lawyers have a job.

Look at Jpop. Same transfer of assets with MG in violation of creditor laws and fraudulent conveyancing.

Amazing.

As the title says, game over.

Kman is the only one left who cares What a chump for wasting all that hot air BS. Actually I like schmuck better

Maybe read another podcast interview with Amanda How can life be that shallow? It's kind of sad really.

Well, Cointaker needs to get off these M fers like Jpop, Andrew and Dutch.

#22007 5 years ago

Oh there were actually TWO Playboy pinball machines designed. Both by Barry Oursler. One was the widebody Aurich mentioned, and the other was for Andrew's other genius idea - The Coffee Table Pinball Machine. An idea so moronic it had us all in stitches, but Andrew was serious and more time and money was wasted on it.

#22008 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Oh there were actually TWO Playboy pinball machines designed. Both by Barry Oursler. One was the widebody Aurich mentioned, and the other was for Andrew's other genius idea - The Coffee Table Pinball Machine. An idea so moronic it had us all in stitches, but Andrew was serious and more time and money was wasted on it.

I never actually saw that, just heard about it briefly, had utterly forgotten all about it actually.

#22009 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty sure you can't "sell" your license to make something. Also most of a license cost is on the backend anyway (royalties per unit).
Also who the hell wants a Queen pin? Or Playboy?

I'll take a Queen pinball machine, but from a company that can actually make games. A Queen pin done right could do pretty well.

#22010 5 years ago

That's literally what the idea was - a table with a simpler, smaller pinball game inside. No backbox, all scoring on a small playfield screen, playfields designed like 'street level' games, trad solid-state size (42-inch standard body). Intended to appeal to both the home gameroom and the ponce furniture markets (though the Venn diagram between the two must be remote at best), but also places like European cafes might pick up.

A version of Queen was designed for it as well - at least in digital form - which I did. Interesting exercise in seeing what you could do with that kind of less-is-more playfield that could still feel fresh to play. Couldn't have too many features, so I made sure what there was would have all been different; a bank of drops, scattered stand-ups, a captive ball, a kicking target, two capture shots for multiball, and spinning posts styled as a vinyl record. Pretty pleased with how the digital sim flips, flows and bounces.

#22011 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'll take a Queen pinball machine, but from a company that can actually make games. A Queen pin done right could do pretty well.

Agreed. The fact that I now own an iron maiden and enjoy it means any music pin can work. Queen could def be good

#22012 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also who the hell wants a Queen pin?

Yeah, *nobody* likes Queen!

#22013 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nitro pinball mentioned they are reproducing the IO boards. It was noted in Knockers threat - that would be huge.

Got a link to this thread?

#22014 5 years ago

Alien is not a good pin, sold mine after 2 weeks.

Now i want JErsey jack pinball or stern to do Big Trouble In Little China Pinball

ECCF5D84-F6DB-467B-A70C-6A623B4C587C (resized).jpegECCF5D84-F6DB-467B-A70C-6A623B4C587C (resized).jpeg

#22015 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yes. As did Stern.
Figures vary re: investments, according to who you talk to.
Stern apparently were shutting down in less than 10 days (according to Gary and various staff). People seem to think JJP had about 1-3 months left.
In Stern's case, the rescue came out of the blue. In JJP's case, I think they'd been trying to get people to invest for some time - though the investors again came out of the blue.

When was the stern bailout/investment? Was it ever released who it was?

#22016 5 years ago

Equity investment group

#22017 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

When was the stern bailout/investment? Was it ever released who it was?

Pinball News article dated 2009:

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/sternpartner.html

#22018 5 years ago

Queen could be a fun theme.

I can't imagine many people haven't sung along to Bohemian Rhapsody or We are the Champions.

#22019 5 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Alien is not a good pin, sold mine after 2 weeks.
Now i want JErsey jack pinball or stern to do Big Trouble In Little China Pinball

Ever better would be a John Carpenter film Medly, featuring:

They Live
The Thing
Halloween
Big Trouble in Little China
Christine
Escape from NY
Assault on Precinct 13

Supposedly John Carpenter is a big gamer, so maybe supporting a pin isn’t that unrealistic.

I just tweeted John Carpenter, Stern, and Jersey Jack suggesting.

#22020 5 years ago

Happy Mother's Day to all out there.

Brad

FB_IMG_1526219805509.jpgFB_IMG_1526219805509.jpg

#22022 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Thanks for video, now I don't want a Queen pin for certain.

#22023 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Queen could be a fun theme.
I can't imagine many people haven't sung along to Bohemian Rhapsody or We are the Champions.

Name a third queen song! (I can't)

#22024 5 years ago

Bicycle...
Fat Bottomed Girls...
We Will Rock You...

#22025 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fat bottomed girls !
Show must go on
Radio ga ga
Another one bites the dust...

and so on

#22026 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

“Who wants to live forever” from Highlander and the Flash Gordon soundtrack come to mind without looking them up

#22029 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Didn't say nobody likes the band. Said who wants it as a pin.

More importantly what's the art package? Since that's all that matters nowadays.

#22030 5 years ago

queen is undoubtedly among the greatest bands of all time.
anyone who has studied their music,
might conclude that Freddy Mercury was a musical genius.
Brian May [lead guitar], John Deacon [bass], and Roger Taylor [drums].

'days of our lives' provides an outstanding documentary on the group.

and here is an excellent acapella version of 'bohemian rhapsody'

#22031 5 years ago

If Stern had done Queen it would have been a 100% buy for me.

These guys? 0% chance.

#22032 5 years ago

Third title for HP should have been Predator. Not the classic one that was blowing up over at SkitB, and which everyone wanted , but a sequel. Trailer looks disappointing, yet intriguing, while Heart and Playboy are a straight up pass.

#22033 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Fat bottomed girls !
Show must go on
Radio ga ga
Another one bites the dust...
and so on

Probably the last big hit in the States for Queen was "Under Pressure".

America was(is) crazy homophobic and when Mercury was vacuuming in drag in those videos, their popularity tanked.

At that point, I would see that a Queen album was #1 in the UK and it would maybe peak at 40 in the States.

#22034 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Then I feel sorry for you. It's literally impossible that you do not know at least 5 queen songs based on there use in advertising and movies alone.

#22035 5 years ago

I use an instrumental section of Queen's Brighton Rock (starting at 2:10) on Mustang pinball as one of the music tracks that plays between modes. Sounds killer and this section is great pinball music.

#22036 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Didn't say nobody likes the band. Said who wants it as a pin.
More importantly what's the art package? Since that's all that matters nowadays.

I'm sure they could come up with something

Messages Image(845460144) (resized).pngMessages Image(845460144) (resized).png

Messages Image(3902933655) (resized).pngMessages Image(3902933655) (resized).png

Messages Image(1723450892) (resized).pngMessages Image(1723450892) (resized).png

#22037 5 years ago

Touche.. them are some good songs listed.. just don't think that Queen would sell pins based on theme alone. Just my opinion!

#22038 5 years ago

It all depends really, I would have thought Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper wouldn't sell at all, but Spooky made the right choice to start small and sell in 50-100 quantities, rather than saying '200 per month'.

#22039 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Touche.. them are some good songs listed.. just don't think that Queen would sell pins based on theme alone. Just my opinion!

At this stage in the market, you *shouldn't* hedge your bets on a machine selling on theme alone. Even if it's a 'good' theme. It can always get cocked up to the point where it would hurt sales of the following game, whatever it is.

#22040 5 years ago

Most Predator fans wouldn't be interested in anything other than the OG film with "Choppa" I really loved the 2nd one as well and have the art to prove it. Still even the new one that appears to be shit from the trailer would be much much better than Queen. I like Queen but not for a pinball theme.

DSC04145 (resized).JPGDSC04145 (resized).JPG

#22041 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It can always get cocked up to the point where it would hurt

Please explain?

#22042 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs...

#22043 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Please explain?

So can sarcasm.

#22044 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This 100%.

#22045 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That's literally what the idea was - a table with a simpler, smaller pinball game inside. No backbox, all scoring on a small playfield screen, playfields designed like 'street level' games, trad solid-state size (42-inch standard body). Intended to appeal to both the home gameroom and the ponce furniture markets (though the Venn diagram between the two must be remote at best), but also places like European cafes might pick up.
A version of Queen was designed for it as well - at least in digital form - which I did. Interesting exercise in seeing what you could do with that kind of less-is-more playfield that could still feel fresh to play. Couldn't have too many features, so I made sure what there was would have all been different; a bank of drops, scattered stand-ups, a captive ball, a kicking target, two capture shots for multiball, and spinning posts styled as a vinyl record. Pretty pleased with how the digital sim flips, flows and bounces.

Maybe the timing was wrong in that the company was going down the pan ....BUT this isn't *that* insane an idea. Cocktail 60-in-1 type vids are popular and I've seen them in many bars/pubs recently. Done right, marketed correctly I could see these selling - maybe not to the hardcore on here.

#22046 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Done right, marketed correctly I could see these selling

What about Andrew Heighway says he would do anything right?

Guy is a slimy moron.

#22047 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

It all depends really, I would have thought Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper wouldn't sell at all, but Spooky made the right choice to start small and sell in 50-100 quantities, rather than saying '200 per month'.

Art. Art. Art. (the "location location location" of Pinball)

I may not agree with all of Spooky's choices but they have and continue to design games with their money, not yours. This means what they take in is used to build the games not develop them.

#22048 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I couldn't name ONE!....but I can now! Band is great!

#22049 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What about Andrew Heighway says he would do anything right?
Guy is a slimy moron.

And to think... there was a point in time when Andrew thought he could help Skit-B out of the Predator mess!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#22050 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

there was a point in time when Andrew thought he could help Skit-B out of the Predator mess!

True. I met Andrew at least twice, and he told me he was considering "salvaging" the licence after Skit-B exploded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/441?hl=baronmarto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.