• 25,630 posts
  • 1,004 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7232 (resized).JPG
DSCN7231 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7223 (resized).JPG
9881FBEA-9297-46D2-B5F0-24F96FFD3F86 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7207 (resized).JPG
DSCN7212 (resized).JPG
DSCN7205 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The glossy red cabinet finish is stunning. I was a bit disappointed to learn that this was not for the Pro version - make it an option?

One of the videos says that the cab sides are replaceable to change finish or color.

1 year later
#4391 3 years ago

Have you guys ever been to either of the Giger Bars?

img_7986_(resized).jpg

giger-bar_(resized).png

#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

And really... Shouldn't we dig deeper into the whole cat aspect of the aliens universe. Surely there's no "extra" licensing for the cat

All joking aside, in the novel, the cat was the narrator of the whole story.

#4411 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog)

She has very masculine facial features, ever with the latter surgeries.

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Ummm, 67. Not 90.

Same thing.

Add 5 years to the age of any Hollywood broad, they are liars.

#4507 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Apparently some moron is podcasting this now like it's a fact, but he's an idiot who doesn't know shit from gold, and has zero inside information, so please just put him on ignore like the rest of the sensible world.

The Moderators did that for us, and killed his secondary accounts, too.

Bahhahahahaha

#4535 3 years ago

aliens_bugs_04_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I was SOOOO disappointed with Prometheus. Sure, it looks great - but the script was total crap.

I don't want to get all Democratic, but Prometheus had the best abortion scene ever put to film.

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

I didn't know the specific milage of 35 light years

332 Trillion Kilometers

206,000,000,000,000 miles

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Gorgeous looking dick monsters.

BWC

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

35 light years is....
205,800,000,000,000 miles.
Core math.....tsk tsk.
I corrected vid! That's one off my bucket list.
Never thought I'd see the day....it won't ever happen again I'm sure.

Allright, no more doing math in my head while driving.....

#4738 3 years ago

Baltic Birch, very nice!

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i understand but i suppose a too much thin clear coat may not help against dimples either.

Nope.

A clearcoat is 4 mils thick (.004").

If you took a piece of .004" thick steel foil, bonded it to the playfield and played a game of pinball, you would get a ton of dimples instantly. Thin steel is no match for a 1.06" diameter pinball.

Even your car hood, made of .06" thick steel (that's 15X thicker than a clearcoat), can not survive a pinball being dropped on it without denting.

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And with several clear coat layers, it s the same? I thought that with the hardening of several clearcoat layers, it would prevent the pf from dimples.

No amount of layers of clear will keep the playfield from dimpling.

If the clear is too thick or too hard, it cracks and separates from the wood substrate.

The only playfields that don't dimple are games like New Canasta or Electra where there is a 5mm sheet of Perspex laid over the playfield.

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

No Ripley on the playfield?

Good.

That's one manly face I don't want to be staring at all night long.

Siqourney-Weaver-aliens-workout-training_(resized).jpg

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Bet she would feel the same about your mug...

It would turn her to stone

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hmmm....I wonder if they got the proper licensing?

They just called the number off of the back of the DVD box.

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kevin stank up the joint, and now we're all walking through the noxious cloud he left behind. If you were Fox wouldn't you be a little gunshy now?

Fox probably does not give a single thought to Kevin.

----------------

A fanboi made a Predator pinball machine.

He put it up on a website and offered to make them for sale.

Fox asked him to take it down from his website.

End of story.

--------------

In a world of pirate DVDs, illegal downloads and Chinese lead painted toys, Kevin is not even a blip on the radar.

spaderman_(resized).jpg

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The best part of that one is that they used a picture of Bolaji Badejo (the man in the suit) with the helmet portion off.

That's because he dared to dream.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

The use of the word "rad" isn't appreciated these days.

rad_(resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

The thing looks huge

That's just because it's black.

#5239 3 years ago

There will be much biting

1 month later
#5458 3 years ago

I went to Hallmark to get a card for me mum, and they said I was an idiot for believing in Alien.

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Cards for mothers on Mothers Day. Cards for aliens on Aliens day.

My mom is an alien.

(definitely undocumented)

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Bit late but this was Ben Heck celabrating Alien Day. Genius
» YouTube video

The blood spattered one was great.

alien_cake_head_(resized).jpg

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

also i tried to snag a drink with Traci Lords which has nothing to do with Aliens but shes fucking hot.
--Jeff

If you go to any Asian/Indian video rental store, they always have New Wave Hookers with Traci Lords for rent.

Don't get caught with that video in your possession or on your rental list, lol.

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The movie was subsequently re-edited and reissued with the Lords-Cassidy scene excised and the box cover photo of Lords was replaced with co-star Ginger Lynn's image.

I can't tell the difference, is this Lords or Lynn's picture? This is the one at every Asian video rental, and it sure seems to feature Traci's name prominently:

<photo removed>

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

KKKKKK...... this thread is definitely DOOMED!!!!

Everyone is grasping for some sort of Alien news, even if it's not of this earth!

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not even playing much pinball these days, been really enjoying Street Fighter V.

Yeah, but do you still have the VHS copy of Traci Lord's New Wave Hookers?

1 week later
#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Damn bastards at Fox...

Sean-Hannity_(resized).jpg

#6000 3 years ago

Hopefully, the mods can come in and clean up this thread....

#6082 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

So did the heighway team really go after "kaneda"s job for being critical of his work? That's some low down social justice warrior tactics there...

Actually, it was exactly the opposite of who contacted who at who's place of employment.

You might want to get your facts straight before posting.

#6084 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but this just doesn't compute. My guess is FOX will get a royalty for each machine sold. Why would the licensor hamstring a company from promoting themselves. FOX has a vested interest in Alien pinball being successful.

FOX is not going to risk their super valuable franchise by playing fast and loose with licensing.

1000 pinball machines is a drop in the bucket money-wise compared to comics, video games, movies, and merch that appeals to the general population.

#6112 3 years ago

You guys keep believing that no one ever impersonates another person online.

Tweets, emails, IP address, CallerID all get spoofed every day.

#6116 3 years ago

Hopefully the cat gets a featured role in the game like it did in the novel.

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now I refuse to believe you're being serious....

The novel has the "kill me" scene that latter got plopped into the next movie, Aliens

35125_(resized).jpg

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I didn't read the novel but do you think it's that relevant?

Yes, it's the little details (and Easter eggs) that show if the design team cares.

You can read the novel in a single day if you are an Alien fan.

#6146 3 years ago

I'm a mod on a couple of other forums, and sometimes the other mods and I just have to go in and clean out the litter box.

We delete all the silly memes, we delete all the OT and troll posts.

It makes the thread a readable reference again.

Anyone new looking for info is not going to wade through 200000 posts of crap to find the 20 that actually have Alien Pinball info in them.

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So for that they shut everything down? Why didn't FOX suggest, "you need to add this or deleted that"... You know, work with the licensee. That's what the approval process is about.
But instead they say the playfield was enough to promote a new company's product? Thanks for trying for a secondary reveal, Heighway, but don't come back until the machine has been completed?

I'm glad it's so simple for some of you guys but I don't think we're getting the whole story.

One day when you are at an expo, ask Doug Watson about the adventure concerning that art for Demolition Man.

The studio would only give the vaguest answers on why the art kept getting rejected for like 8 months. Nothing would satisfy them, and no one you could speak with could ever give a reason.

Make sure you ask him in person to get the "whole story", super funny.

#6160 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It is unfortunate that every employee of every pinball manufacturer has to receive the same abuse on Pinside.

That's exactly it.

Pinside is so disrespectful to every manufacturer's representatives, that it is no surprise that there is only a single company left posting any information here.

"How come Stern does not just answer our questions here on Pinside ???????????"

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Cool community you guys have going on here.

Ask Clay about when **they** called the city and got Tilt-Town shut down for him.

Pinball has more assholes than any other hobby I've ever seen.

1 month later
#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

I tend to turn off social media during moment's like Brexit. Between that and the media, you'd think the world was coming to an end.

Ehhhhh, yeah, you should have left the social media turned on.....the world ended, and now you've missed it.

#6686 3 years ago

congo_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I wouldn't put prometheus on the pin.

Best abortion scene ever filmed.

prometheus-abortion_(resized).png

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Actually, the baby survived!

Did it?

I though she hits some Destruct or Decontaminate button and it gets killed in the surgery tube.....it's been a few years, lol

#6723 3 years ago

Here is the alien abortion for anyone that did not see it:

It looks like an ectopic pregnancy, with the squid developing outside of the uterus.

1 year later
#21852 1 year ago
Quoted from ExarKun:

No. Just no. Andrew is to blame. If something were to happen to his family then he is NOT to blame. No family should be put in physical risk because of a failed business under any circumstances.

Yeah but isn't that how a feud works?

Whatever your grandpappy did, your father is responsible for; and then if your father could not settle it, then it becomes your responsibility.

You have to respect the feud.

1 week later
#22033 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Fat bottomed girls !
Show must go on
Radio ga ga
Another one bites the dust...
and so on

Probably the last big hit in the States for Queen was "Under Pressure".

America was(is) crazy homophobic and when Mercury was vacuuming in drag in those videos, their popularity tanked.

At that point, I would see that a Queen album was #1 in the UK and it would maybe peak at 40 in the States.

#22053 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

True. I met Andrew at least twice, and he told me he was considering "salvaging" the licence after Skit-B exploded.

Now if you could link both games like NBAFB, he would have made millions

#22055 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to state this, if you can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs I really hope ur not wearing that as a badge of honour because its much more a case that you should feel foolish and have realized that most likely you enjoy crap music

If anyone can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs, then you know they were home-schooled and their mom would not allow it......or they grew up listening to Michael Jackson

"Dude, who would win in a fight, Michael Jackson or Prince ????"

#22058 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I listen to 80's music more than anything else. Maiden is okay, but never really one of my favorites by a long shot. I happen to have quite a few queen songs in my playlist though.

Queen had the whole queer thing going on, so I give you credit for terrifying your parents with that.

But nothing was better than the readings from Revelations at the beginning of Number of the Beast for all out upset.

#22073 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Of course, as you point out, I did grow up in the Michael Jackson era so that could explain it .

It very well could.

We had a paperboy that did not come from our neighborhood, but somehow got assigned the route. He always wore a Michael Jackson red leather jacket with zippers, about a year or so after that fad had passed.

The neighborhood kids would spit on him, chase him and throw this bike into the pond. He was maybe just a little slow or just really shy, hard to tell for sure.

One day he came to collect and had that jacket on.

Vid: Kid, what's up with the Michael Jackson jacket???
Kid: It was my sister's and she gave it to me!
V: I see. You know kids are going to pick on you for wearing stuff like that.
K: Really? It's actually a boy's jacket.
V: Michael Jackson is a Pedophile. He molests little boys [this was before the FBI report with the 24 paid-off parents, but word was already out].
K: No way!!! Ugggggg [holding his stomach]
V: So if you wear clothes like him, people are going to think you like little boys too.
K: That sucks! I like his music so much.
V: You can like whatever you want, just don't go around advertising you like MJ to other people. I'm serious, some of those kids will badly hurt you on Sherman street.
K: OK
[I had owed like 3 months delivery, and it was about 2 weeks after Christmas, so I gave the kid a sizeable tip]
V: Go get yourself a solid black jacket, no fancy colors, no nothing.
K: Got it, thanks.
[about 2 weeks later the kid was knocking at my door]
K: Look! [proudly showing me his denim jacket with Iron Maiden on the back]
V: Sweet, nicely broken-in and everything! You like Iron Maiden now???
K: No, I totally hate them. My cousin gave me the jacket, with some tapes to listen to. They really suck!
V: Alright, good.

He was only our paperboy for a few months after, so I don't know if the new jacket helped him avoid any more spittings......but I was glad that he did not like Maiden; they are only for the cool kids.

il_570xN.1117698714_71th (resized).jpg

#22093 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Has this been posted already? Playboy.
I was going to say the game is a bit stop and go but decided it must be world's first stop and come game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=xAfVUHro3sQ

I love the idea.

But, I'd change it so instead of using money from your bank to buy the yacht, you finance it, and get a gold toilet installed (after admiring the one Saddam Hussein had).

As you progress towards wizard mode, the yacht gets repossessed during your 6th bankruptcy.

#22094 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Half of the pinball meet and greets at TPF are held at the wild pitch which is girls serving you food in their underwear. Seems pretty odd to me and I'm not sure how it's not a health code violation but to each their own.

You've got to experience the "Breakfast Served 24/hrs - Fine Dining - Totally Nude!" restaurants along I75.

"Daaaaaaad, it's not a strip bar, it's fine dining!"

#22097 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Whilst this game is certainly not PC in 2018, I suspect there are a ton of people who would secretly quite like one but good luck getting that in the gamesroom

Most guys in their 50-60s have already gotten rid of their starter wives and don't have to worry about angry spouses.

They were smarter the 3rd time around, and married a more liberal broad who is game for anything, not just the first broad they knocked up.

#22102 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Route Operators would for bars and strip clubs. Those would sell like hotcakes. North America and Europe.

You still see the Data East Playboy at every bowling alley, nobody even bats an eye.

So either it's so PG13 that no one cares, or nobody notices pinball anymore.

#22120 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And metal bands are so macho?

Pop-metal bands were super gay. The 80s were the absolute low point for popular music in general, but especially metal.

And yes, MJ and Prince are better than Iron Maiden.

MJ had no musical talent at all.

His **singing** was just peeps and cooing.

He had no range, his voice was thin and strained.

His whole 3 album career was based on hype, and that hype funded the continued molestation of little boys.

Here is your hero's bedroom when they carried out his corpse:

article-2339949-1A443CE7000005DC-626_634x445 (resized).jpg

michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-023-480w-1 (resized).jpg

#22171 1 year ago

Yellow submarine doesn’t work for me. But a *mostly* black and white line art Revolver pin, with some bursts of psychedelia mixed in, would big time.

They could base the pin off of the Magical Mystery Tour movie.

That sucks slightly less than Yellow Submarine

Mezzanine_491 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#22383 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Trip to Disneyland and a promise to buy 2000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies this year.

If he only has $15k, and he goes to Disneyland, how the hell is he going to afford even a single box of cookies?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 214.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside