• 23,627 posts
  • 970 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Bartzenegger
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,625 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

alien alf (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544388418474 (resized).jpg
BE1A11F8-58CE-4FA8-BEF7-425EF5BAC4B1 (resized).jpeg
E79E4766-6BAC-4A51-887C-A2425276360C (resized).jpeg
138BF202-A629-446B-823E-D312CD063286 (resized).jpeg
76B74CF4-2635-431D-B214-757EA318AAEB (resized).jpeg
5C24E327-8F00-4E2F-9A6A-BE2EDD4455E2 (resized).jpeg
C1EAA61B-D4BD-4FF9-A52E-C054E5CE4E17 (resized).jpeg
0F61CCF4-8205-45BD-AC7D-3E880DC67A07 (resized).jpeg
BC37C852-0695-4F2B-B069-8B1BB4F60A48 (resized).jpeg
7C875A11-EF7C-43CD-917B-8D86AC43723D (resized).jpeg
E7092E14-B09F-4C39-B0C3-2C32207AFE81 (resized).jpeg
F586C9DB-34F3-44C3-969B-F239D9D7CABF (resized).jpeg
22E639DA-609B-4ABA-9FFC-5EBC0C1DC17E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1530 (resized).jpg
IMG_1528 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (1 year ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (1 year ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (1 year ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (1 year ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

464 posts in this topic match your search for posts by delt31. You are on page 1 of 2.
#7678 2 years ago

Joining this late.... Any pictures or video of it yet? When will it be released?

#7714 2 years ago

so one more time - do pictures of the playfield or cabinet with art exist?

#7718 2 years ago

thanks guys - I was thinking the table and PF was revealed considering the length in which people have waited and the fact that its announced and the table is scheduled for production soon right? I guess they don't follow the stern approach of showing a model of the game as the announcement. Seems like they built a website and that's it. dissappointing

#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

awwwww, need a hug?

no - just some real info. Seems like they are really stringing it out.

1 week later
#8162 2 years ago

saw a video of it here. My reservations on this game are still very much there. The shots look limiting but overall it just seems like a budget title. With Dialed in being an absolute bomb, I'm happy that this game will get so much more exposure but can't say I'm feeling any hype around it like i should. PF looks segaish - there is nothing drawing in me, inserts look really limited to what you see elsewhere - again the whole thing just feels budget brand but unfortunately not being charged a budget price.

With a new WOZ and prem GB on the way I rather have it this way so I'm not pulled into buying more but man I wanted more out of my aliens. Of course, with not having played it I can't say for sure but first impressions do make a big diff. I was always on board with GB and after playing it, put the money down asap.

btw - really bad ball jam at the end. I'm sure that stuff will be fixed or polished.

9 months later
#15919 1 year ago

for someone new and looking into aliens, whats the verdict? It looks good on the latest buffalo stream but cost wise and are they really shipping?

#15991 1 year ago

I think the games sounds is amazing based on what I've seen. If there wasn't so much drama I would buy one but not waiting on sidelines

#15993 1 year ago

I know for sure I want to buy based on the gameplay I've seen and that sound. Unbelievable. I'm just concerned about not getting one if I give them my money.

I also don't like buying new.

#15996 1 year ago

Oh ok. What is standard price again and is that the one they were playing in Buffalo Pinball stream?

#15999 1 year ago

EDIT - no need to reach out.

#16001 1 year ago

thanks I will. I'm thinking more about it and will prob wait for used. Game looks good though. Wish the exterior was nicer but the game itself looks good.

#16013 1 year ago

what was the cost for early adopters?

#16033 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm not happy prices are going up for others, but I am happy now that I paid in full back in March. The $8k I spent then will now get me a $9k+ game. I couldn't have gotten that kinda return in my money outside of Vegas!

Was that an LE?

1 week later
#16269 1 year ago

Just curious what was the original SE pricing?

#16298 1 year ago

Alien impressions.....

I found myself in Buffalo for work and decided to stop by the place shown on the recent Buffalo pinball stream to try out Alien. The place is called Pocketeer billiards and it has a ton of really good games. Met the owner of the machines who was really nice and helpful.

I was VERY impressed with Alien. The stream really grabbed my attention but to see it in person and someone that was critical of it's looks, I can say it's a very nice looking machine. I own a RR WOZ which I consider to be one of the nicest looking pins and I would compare this to that but in a very dark and twisted way - essentially the horror version. It's widebody but def needs it all, the screens are super clear and although I didn't think the screen on the PF was necessary, I'll take it. The cabinet was also much nicer in person.

The music and movie integration is amazing. I love how there are two different music themes for either movie (which you pick when you play a new game) - the effects are just amazing and the sound quality is insane. Prob the best integration I've seen period - topping Indy (although that is a close one).

The shot variety is very impressive too. That shot which flips up and then comes down back to the flipper is very cool. So many flippers, so many shots.

On the negative side - I thought the quality was good although not as solid as JJP. Better than stern though. I wish the pops were a little more intense. The game is DARK. I'll compare it again to WOZ in that you wish there was more GI although one could argue the light show makes up for it and I will say the color changing RGB really does a fantastic job accenting the modes.

Here is my bigger concern though - after playing almost 20 games, the machine froze on me and I couldn't do anything. In fact before I played the game, the ball wouldn't come out to start and the owner had to open the game up and replace a fuse. He mentioned that support is few and far between as well and he seemed very frustrated. For any Alien owners out there - are you experiencing the same?

With all that being said, I'm so impressed with this game that i still might buy it now. It's prob one of the best I've played (although I should mention that I love the Alien series so I really value the integration and I love mode games). On a side note, my time with Dialed-in confirmed that it has one of the best layouts in recent history however I just don't like the theme at all. The cell, the call outs, the music, it just takes away from what is a really good shooter. Removing this game from the list has really put the spotlight on Alien which is why I might be joining the inevitable club soon.

#16305 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah maybe he needs to read up on this years long debacle. Quality better than Stern...not as good as JJP...shit I can't tell what's happening anymore. People still don't have heads. People still have PF LCDs that do not work and have to be modified to power on etc.

No that is my concern however apparently it's getting better. If this game plays as expected, it's top 3 for me right now. Played the game 20 times and had two lockups. Concerning but it's SO GOOD when it works. : (

#16306 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien impressions.....
I found myself in Buffalo for work and decided to stop by the place shown on the recent Buffalo pinball stream to try out Alien. The place is called Pocketeer billiards and it has a ton of really good games. Met the owner of the machines who was really nice and helpful.
I was VERY impressed with Alien. The stream really grabbed my attention but to see it in person and someone that was critical of it's looks, I can say it's a very nice looking machine. I own a RR WOZ which I consider to be one of the nicest looking pins and I would compare this to that but in a very dark and twisted way - essentially the horror version. It's widebody but def needs it all, the screens are super clear and although I didn't think the screen on the PF was necessary, I'll take it. The cabinet was also much nicer in person.
The music and movie integration is amazing. I love how there are two different music themes for either movie (which you pick when you play a new game) - the effects are just amazing and the sound quality is insane. Prob the best integration I've seen period - topping Indy (although that is a close one).
The shot variety is very impressive too. That shot which flips up and then comes down back to the flipper is very cool. So many flippers, so many shots.
On the negative side - I thought the quality was good although not as solid as JJP. Better than stern though. I wish the pops were a little more intense. The game is DARK. I'll compare it again to WOZ in that you wish there was more GI although one could argue the light show makes up for it and I will say the color changing RGB really does a fantastic job accenting the modes.
Here is my bigger concern though - after playing almost 20 games, the machine froze on me and I couldn't do anything. In fact before I played the game, the ball wouldn't come out to start and the owner had to open the game up and replace a fuse. He mentioned that support is few and far between as well and he seemed very frustrated. For any Alien owners out there - are you experiencing the same?
With all that being said, I'm so impressed with this game that i still might buy it now. It's prob one of the best I've played (although I should mention that I love the Alien series so I really value the integration and I love mode games). On a side note, my time with Dialed-in confirmed that it has one of the best layouts in recent history however I just don't like the theme at all. The cell, the call outs, the music, it just takes away from what is a really good shooter. Removing this game from the list has really put the spotlight on Alien which is why I might be joining the inevitable club soon.

EDIT - when I say quality is not as good as JJP but better than stern, I'm talking about the feel of the game (weight, etc) and this is assuming the game actually works as expected. It feels more solid than stern however we all know they are having issues with mechanics working which is something I also comment on.

#16340 1 year ago

So I was told that the new machines arriving to Cointaker will have an updated CPU compared to older ones. Expectation is that this will resolve issues too. FYI in the event others have heard the same....

#16353 1 year ago

I don't see what's wrong with the request. In fact I'll offer the same. Take over someone's pre order. I might even give you some cash if it's a lot less than 8k. Pm me!

#16355 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There is a different PC, yes. I've been running it on my game for the past month or so... there is no perceptible difference between this PC and the Zotacs that have already been shipped (OK, the new ones don't say "Zotac" ). My understanding is that the change was just because they were able to acquire large quantities of this PC more quickly than they could get Zotacs.

remind me - what is your experience thus far with the game considering yours sounds new (not a proto)

#16357 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

He's the software developer.

Well then.... He's done a fantastic job thus far. Just want the have to work consistently

#16371 1 year ago

so just put the deposit down - I'm going in. This game was too amazing when I played it - nothing out there interests me nearly as much. Hopefully mine doesn't have major issues!

#16372 1 year ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I'm glad someone else said this first. As far as I'm concerned, I just don't have the basis to interact with someone who doesn't know where 20% of my habitual utterances come from. "It's the only way to be sure"

btw - as someone who is not very good at pinball, I was able to hit that mode shot on the buffalo machine no issue. It didn't play clunky at all - not sure what he was referring to. The top right flipper to ramp was hard but rightfully so. The game felt very good.

#16374 1 year ago

any price on the topper or is that LE exclusive? That looks pretty sick assuming it works in gameplay like getaway. I'm getting to the alien party late as I've been ignoring it b/c of all the drama but it seems to finally be coming together.

Any videos of the topper in action? Also - now that the LE ramp upgrade is no more, what separates LE from Stan?

#16383 1 year ago

Can someone explain what is included in LE vs standard? I've searched online and really found nothing that is current.

#16386 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Art, powder, shaker, and beacons I think?

OK thanks. I really just want those beacons.....wonder how much they would be sep. Def get them if they are interactive with game.

#16400 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Depending on how much of a DIYer you are, you can add beacons on the cheap if you are willing to do a little work:
ebay.com link » Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed Abs 12vdc 220vac Lte 1101

Thanks but would

Quoted from Lamprey:

Depending on how much of a DIYer you are, you can add beacons on the cheap if you are willing to do a little work:
ebay.com link » Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed Abs 12vdc 220vac Lte 1101

Thanks but would they interact with the game?

#16406 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I was asked tonight to make a video of the Beacons during gameplay
Here you go
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting this. I didn't notice that the backglass changes color during the game too when I played it in Buffalo. Did you buy an addon or is that part of the standard package? Pumped for this game - sound is sick.

#16408 1 year ago

nice. I have the sub ready to go too. As for the strip - where did you put it exactly and more importantly what did you hook it into? Will buy one ahead of time for it b/c that looked nice.

#16412 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

Here's a short one. Don't forget YouTube is the world's 2nd largest search engine, right behind Google.
» YouTube video

There's a good mod thread already started, read thru it all but here's a link to that very question. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3930146

Thanks. I do search YouTube for alien but didn't find this
Thanks

#16422 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the modes on the ladder play the same order each time or is it random? Example - on ball 1 if I hit the mode shot, will it always play mode 1 or will it be random?

#16424 1 year ago

OK - thanks for explaining. Bottom line I can actually change the mode if I want with a shot and not forced to play the same order each time. Good to know.

#16426 1 year ago

Nice so much to learn about this game. I really feel like this game is the spiritual successor to Indian Jones TPA. Both heavy on theme integration, have that right outlane save option, great music, widebody etc.

The one thing I don't get yet Is the weapons. So you can pick a weapon and it gives you a boost or bonus? Does it do anything else and how do you obtain them?

#16435 1 year ago

would like to add a LED green strip behind the flippers. For those with the game - what should I buy from comet/LED place? Wasn't sure of the necessary connections.

#16437 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure of the voltage, but 5v, 6.3v or 12v can be grabbed with Alligator clips to test, before solder
Or maybe a split bulb from a coin door or white bulb light in the game.
Takes about 3 minutes...from $3-$8...easy.

Ok so I'll just get an led strip and some alligators and go from there. I just know that doesn't work with games like wizard of Oz as I don't think I can alligator into them. Could be wrong.

#16443 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

WEEELLLPPP!! count me in of those who've been scammed multiple times on this pin bandwagon. Cointaker and Heighway have both been very negligent and dishonest with me for the past several months and I am done biting my tongue. Paid initial $1000 deposit to hold a LE game from cointaker which took me weeks of emails to just give them money. Paid more down over months depending on what I've been hearing regarding the company.
I stopped at about $3500 and waited a couple months during the proto games that snuck out incomplete. Finally told cointaker I'm out and want a refund. 3 weeks passed with no response again to my refund request. Then out of the clear blue sky, I got an email saying "what if I promised you your LE at your door within 30 days! Seriously we just got told they are shipping our pins now". I told them that sounds good and after again sending a couple emails with no response and excuse after excuse of why, I finally got them on the line again to vaguely answer some questions. I sent them the remaining due and was paid in full with the promise of my game arriving at my door end of July. July came and went, finally called cointaker and got immediate response. Was told they had an issue with the computers and they were delayed while they are upgraded. I was annoyed of course and made a stink about why I got scammed out of my refund by both parties and was then told by cointaker that they will call me back in an hour.
I get the call and they Skyped with someone at heighway and made a deal where my LE was being sent in the batch of standards to cointaker as a 1 off as LEs weren't being made yet but they could get me my 1 due to the promise made. I was then told end of August my game will arrive at my door. I called cointaker around the 22nd of august to confirm and was told "yes, you're still on schedule". I heard the shipment arrived and standards were going out the door after they removed any fiber optic lights. But no LE.
Well.....here we are.....6th of september......I called cointaker and asked the question. Was told for whatever reason they had issues blah blah blah and that they were shipping out computers and new playfields so that took up time and they couldn't get my LE out, BUT, my LE "SHOULD" be on the water now and that they will confirm with heighway to make sure and get back to me later last night. No response from cointaker. I get consistent no communication from cointaker and excuses after excuses of why no email responses, to dissapearing emails, to why I can't pickup the phone, to even "I totally forgot".
As a customer I am annoyed and pissed at cointaker for handling me this way. Absolutley "0" updates unless I hound and pound them every way I can for something. I can forgive the dates a bit as that's beyond their control and is on heighway....but they have consistently left me in the dark and have made promises and lied countless times to me after speaking with heighway and them saying they've never told cointaker that and would never make that promise. I know everyone is at their wits end and at the end of their fuses with this....but boy.....I am just lit over this ordeal with this whole thing.
I know very well that my game is not on the water, and won't be until "Maybe" October when they day they will start shipping LEs. This is my first new pin and I am not officially gunshy of ever doing this again. My whole body this whole time has been screaming to demand a refund and run far far away...and I did before I was ignored and then promised my item. I've never had this "amazing customer support" or got these phone updates that others have had the privilege of...even after paying in full. Sorry for the rant, was just soo damn pissed today after spending 4 hours of trying to call cointaker and getting the "call back in 15" atleast 6 times and then immediate voicemail after 1-2 rings 3 times all to hear......maybe on the water when it's supposed to be in my house.....

Man sorry to hear. I have been in contact with CT as I just put down my deposit of 1k but I'm getting the standard edition. I've been told they arrive 9/10 and I plan on picking it up myself. I will keep you posted on how this runs. I'm not sure why all of the miscommunications and I have ZERO intent of putting in any more money (don't see why it's necessary until the pin is ready for pickup).

CT has been in the business for sometime and I'm sure you will get your money back if/when you want it. Sucks that you've been told it would arrive and it clearly isn't here. Hopefully it comes in soon.

#16446 1 year ago

Non refundable deposit? That's crazy.

#16452 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is it really crazy?
Seems pretty fair to have a nominal deposit that commits you for a game, esp from a company that has delivered on multiple games at this point.

I have no interest in giving a company money with NO ability to get it back especially some of these new start ups. In fact I can't think of any situation when the consumer doesn't even receive the product but is expected to commit a NON refundable amount. Crazy. That's just me.

#16454 1 year ago

I understand and agree that Spooky might not be a brand new startup. I'm in the camp of not giving anyone a non refundable amount in the event I don't even receive a product. Nothing against Spooky....

#16461 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I had a similar experience w/Cointaker. I spoke with Melissa and she talked me back from the edge. She said the same "we can get it to you within 2 weeks" That would've been 1st week of July. I said "OK let's do it!" of course July comes & goes and I got a refund (!) mid-July. Remember-I initially called her asking for a refund but decided to stay in. The issuance of the refund was a mistake. However- I AM SO GLAD Cointaker made this mistake since I want absolutely nothing more to do with this pin. The lies, the fake timelines, the price increase and the downright deceit associated with this pin is a HUGE turn-off.
To all of you who are staying in-best of luck to you. I truly believe you'll get your pin eventually. Ths has turned into a personal thing for me as I simply do not want to support a company that employs tactics such as they have. It's a shit way of doing business (Heighway) and and even shittier way of cleaning up your predecessor's mess (New Heighway, or whatever the hell they're calling themselves).
FWIW, I am not faulting Cointaker in any of this. I believe they're simply parroting what they're being told from New Heighway.

Were you waiting on standard or LE?

#16464 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Shouldn't matter... no games where shipping in July....or August really. Hard to ship games when no one is on the factory floor and they didn't have parts they needed yet...just like they told everyone.

Well CT just told me they're waiting on an update from their broker but latest is pickup this Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't change. Would be a nice early birthday present. This is for a standard btw.

#16484 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Paid in full waiting.. Day two.

From where CT? If so what is your expected date? Still 9/10 here but no update since she said she was checking with broker today....

#16487 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm told every US buyer is going through cointaker.

So are you hearing the same? 9/10?

#16493 1 year ago

heighway has such a classic on their hands that they would be very wise to nail this with refined code ala JJ (and unlike stern who just let GB die). I'm calling it now - it's the next IJTPA.

#16501 1 year ago

So just heard from Melissa (CT) who confirmed 9/10 will not happen anymore HOWEVER they are in route but due to port delays (from storms) 9/10 won't happen. I've asked for an updated date.

I'm happy to hear that the are at least in route.

#16510 1 year ago

guys - I hate to be the policeman here but can we stop all the bickering and keep this to just the latest status on this pin and impressions?I've been trying to keep everyone in the loop with my experience but side conversations like this are so annoying it derails the thread.

#16549 1 year ago

I've reached out to Melissa at CT and she is checking status on games. Last we spoke she said they hit water but got stuck on ports due to weather. I would expect these are close now considering that was last week. Will update.

#16553 1 year ago

This was Melissa's statement to me on 9/7

"They will not be in by this weekend. 

They are on route, but with storms, there have been delays at ports."

#16559 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Say what you will, but Melissa has never lied to me yet.

I guess they could be in route as of 9/7 and she is explaining why it was delayed in the first place (per her email to you) but if that's the case these things would be very close. She said she will confirm to me today so will let everyone know.

#16568 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While waiting for Aliens to arrive in the States, I thought I'd share a photo my cakemaker friend made for a baby shower...

get the F out of here - that's hilarious. I'm sure the women loved it!

#16571 1 year ago

Just heard from Melissa at CT - the games did not ship out. They are sending the games out on Friday now (which is what they were told). Issues with the ramps and mother boards held them up.

Seems like Heighway has changed their input to her and it's moved once again. I'm still waiting but let's see if they ship out on Friday as I've asked Melissa to confirm. I'm sure CT is
fustrated too. She did offer to refund since the date went from 9/1 to 9/10 to now 9/27ish but I said no let's move in

#16575 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

And so now there not on route.
Somebody can't make their mind up.

well apparently she was told in route and now Heighway changed their story. Who knows but ultimately I'm willing to give some more time since I just entered this waiting game.

#16584 1 year ago

I don't believe anyone is pointing fingers at CT/Melissa. We're just recapping the latest and what we're hearing. IMO the confusion is sourced by Heighway but I have a feeling games will be received by end of month. Otherwise, there is a major issue.

#16589 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Just heard from Morgan to confirm my mailing address. He said the first bunch are shipping out this week.

That's great news. Remind me - who is Morgan again?

EDIT - seems like he works for Heighway. Nice that you talk to him directly.

#16594 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Last I heard they would go through cointaker even though I was a direct buyer.. but it sounded like the shipping details weren't ironed out, maybe they do something different.

Your standard too right? Probably same lot of 21 Melissa was talking about.

#16596 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Played one of the 1st 4 shipped from cointaker at the Cleveland show. Some minor issues, but nothing bad. The game is now on my radar and will follow to see how reliable they are and watch for software updates. Hoping they come through on this because the game is killer!
Scott

I'm trying to document this in every thread where it comes up but I'm telling you this game is going to blow up. People have dismissed it due to highest drama but once that's corrected (seems soon now) expect to see eyes on this game

#16598 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I hope so, I'm stoked.

Sorry wasn't following - the game you ordered was a standard version not LE right? I'm in for standard too (along with topper, PDI glass).

#16607 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Got the same email from Morgan today confirming my shipping address. I have an SE coming.

that's great. Where's that "it's happening" gif??

EDIT - here we go:

giphy (1) (resized).png

#16624 1 year ago
Quoted from Jawa:

I was contacted for address confirmation on my standard yesterday as well. I'm looking forward to finally being able to put it on location.

Nice - things are definitely in motion. Apparently tomorrow will be the day that they are actually shipped so I'm hoping to either see new pics on their FB page or an update from Cointaker as they committed to updating me by EOD tomorrow.

#16631 1 year ago

Well here we go.....11am already UK time. I'm hoping those suckers are being loaded now. I'll keep you guys posted about any status updates from CT by EOD. I will certainly be reaching out if I don't hear back.

#16634 1 year ago

I'll be happy to hear that they're at least shipping out pins let alone kits ; )

#16636 1 year ago

Nope sent email to Melissa

#16643 1 year ago

Yes....

"First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places."

They show a pic of many already ready to be shipped....that's good to see. Comment about still needing to go through QC - prob going to hold this back for a little more but at least 12 seem ready to go....send those now ; )

#16645 1 year ago

random but I was watching the heighway promo video for the game and they show during the queen nest mode that the white object (near the alien) turns around like TDK and reveals another alien figurine. Does this still happen in the production game b.c isnt that where the additional screen is? Or does the screen turn around to reveal the queen?

#16654 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you may be right. reading the UK facing pinball forums, at least for now, people have grown disenchanted with Heighway. The price hikes were not well received. While limited, the posts over there do not indicate people are waiting for a prepaid games.

Something i do find hard to comprehend is that delt31 [US customer] says he put down a SE deposit with CT only 10 days ago and talks as if he is expecting to pick up one of the 25 games from the forthcoming shipment. if true, that would be disconcerting for the actual number of presold SE Aliens here in the US. are there really only <25 people still in on a preordered SE?

Yes I am getting one from CT in their initial batch of 21. I believe it was more than 10 days ago but still dinner in September. I'm sure many dropped for to the delays.

#16666 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Am I the only one that thinks one year from now it will be a completely different picture, Alien will be a top 5 pin, that people (including naysayers) will be scrambling to buy and play?

I've been saying this everywhere I can. No question. So many people don't even think about this game bc of all this drama but those that know the secret is out

#16671 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

None of us " know" yet. You posted your machine is first in line, already shipped w PDI. I sincerely admire your enthusiasm, but there are others that knew games hadn't shipped at all yet, much less w Roman glass ( they just reached out to him last week). This I " know" because Roman himself told me when I enquired.
Tempered enthusiasm is best.... I've had my spot ready for over 2 years..( hell, changed my Avatar almost 3 years ago).
This game is no secret......

MKPIN - I'm not even sure what to say to you. I'm just excited for the pin and simply relaying back to others what I've been told. It's called helping the thread. And yes - others do "know" it's good b/c they've played it and are now buying it (like me).

For those doubting I'm getting one of the first ones, that is what I was told by CT. Again just relaying back to what I was told.

Holy shit at the amount of sensitivity in this thread. I didn't know this was the pinball wives of Beverly Hills.

#16673 1 year ago

Sure - when you say facts though, I'm just telling people what I've been told myself. Never said anything else. I agree though - we're all looking forward to owning one.

#16675 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok....you added this after I responded to your post. I'm done suggesting, beyond saying this does NOT help the vibe of the thread .....good luck on some the replies you are going to get to that comment.

that's fine with me. Kind of sick of people putting down others who are just listing what they've been told especially when they're doing it just to help out the group.

#16678 1 year ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

And I was told my LE wold be in my basement by March 31st of this year ("The first ones are finally shipping"). That caused me to accelerate other things so I could have my Alien Day party on 4/26. That didn't happen.
I was also told my LE would be "In the first container". That didn't happen.
I was told "You'll have it in 30 days". That one got me excited, because suddenly I was looking at the possibility that my AFMr and my Alien would show up ON THE SAME DAY. The AFMr has almost a thousand plays on it now.
So while I admire your enthusiasm, there isn't a great track record for what people are told and what actually happens.
Now, I'm trying to figure out if CGC "Game #3" will be in my basement before Alien (I actually doubt it. ).

You're right - and I very well could be in the same boat but it's the only thing I know right now. Never said I guaranteed I'm getting 1 from the first 21. I will say that if CT renages on what they're saying (and I'm actually not in the first 21), I'm dropping out b/c that would be deceitful. I don't think that's the case though. Call me naive but I've dealt with CT before and it's been on the up and up. I have faith they are pulling through here. If not, lesson learned and I drop out and get my 1k from CT.

#16683 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not only that, some defy the space time continuum. As reported, two weeks ago the container had shipped and was being delayed by storms. Then, one week ago the container was promised to ship no later than last Friday. Now, plans point to container shipping this week. When it does, there will likely be pics and we'll be tracking it here closely.

I agree - it seems that the facebook page is the best tracking mechanism here.

#16684 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Let's change the discussion. To those that have played do you have a favorite Alien/Aliens mode and a least favorite one? Why?

I like ambush but I'm not sure exactly how to beat it. Do the dots on the mini map (aliens coming to you) represent the shots on the PF? And if so, is there a blinking light on the PF itself to show which ones are the dots or are you just expected to line them up based on the mini map (aka screen built into the PF).

#16688 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't doubt you at all. I'm just confused how you placed your order less than two weeks ago and you're somehow on the first container shipment.
I mean, I'm happy for you but I find this a very odd occurrence. Is my information incorrect or am I missing something?

According to Melissa - she got me into the first shipment of 21. Info is correct.

#16700 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Good Luck....There are many others that have been waiting a lot longer for their pin, and you want one of the first 21 shipped....not sure how that works, but good luck....
Brian

This is how it worked for me.

Me: can I reserve Alien still?
Melissa from Cointaker: Yes - I'm getting 21 soon. 1k down is all I need. Will be ready to be picked up in September and full payment expected then.
Me: Great here is my 1k.

#16702 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

We handed over this weekend an Alien Standard Game with 27" Screen to the Flippnic Club near Graz (Austria).
The machine was unboxed during the Austrian Pinball Open 2017 (APO17) and most of the people had several games on it, because it was set to Freeplay.
During the Side Tournament final it was also played and Krisztián Szalai made a great 99,5 mio Game on it.
You can find the video on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/) There are also a lot of other picture of the event and unboxing etc.
The Video will be uploaded soon to Youtube and then you will see it in better quality.
BR Stefan
Ps.: Next week an Alien Standard will be also at the Badische Flippermeisterschaft in Germany

Great video. Can't wait to see the better quality version on youtube. When that ambush MP kicks in, you have to be literally dead inside not to get pumped up especially after you hit the shots. Like the speech in this game.

#16761 1 year ago

Cointaker silent for a week. No information from heighway either. Hopefully next week is better. They have to be close considering their last FB post. Even though I've been in this so much less than others, if that FB post didn't go up I would already be out.

#16763 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Considerably less.

yeah I know - that's why I mentioned it. I'm not sure what to tell you. If I were you I would have been gone long time ago.

#16765 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

There's a special place awaiting those who jump the line.

I'm gonna bite b/c this is such a ridiculous statement that I can't. Explain to me how I jumped the line? I reached out to the vendor to buy Alien and then put a deposit in when she said there was a spot. What about this is wrong? I just don't understand. How else should I have done this?

Next time I buy a pin, I'll PM you to make sure your feelings aren't hurt. I'll also pat you on the head and give you a warm glass a milk so you can go to sleep.

#16767 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, nothing new yet... once a week, I optimistically open this thread, and leave a little more depressed every time.

haha. That was me this week.

#16772 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How about dialing it back a notch and showing some empathy to those who have struggled here for years now and continue to be distressed about the future with unsecured deposits. You're at page three enthusiasm when Andrew was God here and we are now on page 336 in this thread.
Just a friendly suggestion.

I hear you on this. I didn't mean to come off like that - was just excited about the game. I understand the point about those with unsecured deposits. I'm already thinking about getting my 1k back that was done in September. I just don't appreciate those saying I stepped over somebody - I would never do that and cheat someone. Simple as that. No need to take it out on the new guy who stepped in this shit show.

#16775 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Telling everyone you're bailing if promises broken after a few weeks with a 1k deposit in the game at this stage in the process can be conceived as a " slap in the face" to a lot who are much more vested.

OK - I can understand that. Didn't mean to come off that way. Like everyone else I check this thread to see if there are any updates on shipping. I will continue to do so and update if I hear anything too. I am by no means an insider - prob the exact opposite. Happy to share pics/vids when I get this (whenever that is). I can't think of another game unreleased I would do this for but i just happened to play it in real life and was taken by it so hear I am.

On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time. Totally misread that one.

#16779 1 year ago

Just passing any news along so please take this at it's face - no promises/expectations.

Melissa from CT emailed me indicating games are now shipping Weds and I will be able to track the boat.....

#16787 1 year ago
Quoted from budroosker:

I received the new miniPC and dropped it in and I am now running 1.0.
One thing I can say from a hardware stand point the sound output of the miniPC versus Zotac is much better. So bonus there.

That's great to hear. Just curious are you located in the US or abroad? Sounds like they just mailed you the new minipc and you receive one of the original Alien pins? Experience better thus far?

#16794 1 year ago

Not getting hopes up but tomorrow is weds so hopefully we receive an update from Heighways facebook or Cointaker with some info. Last time it was early since they are 6 hrs ahead so we could (and mean that in the strongest sense of the world considering track record) by tomorrow morning, who knows. CT did say they received "final" confirmation. Could tomorrow be the day to break this streak......

#16799 1 year ago

I will def post tracking information if it's sent to me. Big if but I'm want to believe! I just know the probability is low.

#16822 1 year ago

Hell Yes!!! This is actually happening!! Positive thinking! Where did you find these pics? Great to see - I wonder how many got on there. Great news indeed. Looks like the final confirmation of shipping was accurate. Tracking number is likely to follow then based on my email from CT.

#16829 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How long does the boat take from Wales to New York? Very exciting to see more of these produced. Thank for the pics Dave and for making such a cool game.

I was told it would take 12 days to get over to the US.

With 20 games shipping it looks like they are split b/w Canada and US (Nitro an CT)? Melissa from CT said she was expecting to receive 20 or so. Maybe another shipment will follow although not sure what the split looks like. Just happy to see these move!

#16836 1 year ago

Curious box #8 for the cointaker order says EXTRA. EXTRAS??? maybe parts for another game or some new CPUs for existing orders?

Maybe topper?

#16843 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you suggesting box #8 is full of orange beacons and sheets of glass?! C'mon man!

haha - no just meant that #8 might be coming with the topper.

#16853 1 year ago

you don't need to hit two ramps - I think either one would do it as it's all about triggering the inlane switches.... it's not that hard...this game is scary, loud and vulgar - not sure it's meant for the little kids.

#16867 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yup, with default (medium) settings on current code.
There are also several (7, I think) skill shot opportunities on the plunge if you prefer.

ok that def is diff. Def easier b/c one I played would complain if I hit scoop before lighting the other two. Nice to have option. Not sure which I like better....i liked earning that mode! Like DI.

#16882 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Id like to know this also. I'm in the same boat as well.
I thought if you were paid in full, you would game quicker. Not sure the point of taking on all this exposure if you can put down a deposit and get a game 2 weeks later. What is cointaker thinking? Aren't their people out there that have had deposits down for years? I will call cointaker tomorrow and find out unless someone knows the answer to this already.

Big distinction bw LE and standard. I'm buying a standard if that helps....no interest in the "new" LE.

#16888 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm just trying to make a point delt31. It kind of irks me that people that have been waiting a long ass time aren't getting their machine before you. What is HP and Cointaker thinking?
Yeh I get it. You ordered a Standard. Why the hell is HP shipping Standards first? It seems like the dudes on this thread that have been waiting for years ordered LEs. Why not take care of your most loyal customers. Not some dude who just dropped a deposit two weeks ago. No offense DELT31, I'm glad you're getting a machine. Just seems like not the most smart business practice.

kklank - your post certainly came off as being a dick but I don't take offense. You seem like you've been on these boards for awhile so you know that standards are usually made and shipped first (stern is the same way - my GB prem was NIB and I had to wait for Pro and then LE to be made first). Enjoy your LE when you receive it or if you want to drop to standard, good luck with that as well.

#16905 1 year ago

Yes they should have been given a tracking number and ship name no later than when games leave the dock. If I recall correctly, many people used vessel finder when the honorable Captain Joseph Hazelwood piloted a shipment of TBL's aboard the Delphinus from Netherlands into NYC port.

I've asked as CT said they would have it once shipped. When I receive it, I can share with group. Would like to track so I know when to pick up (as I'm going right to CT - cut the shipping out of it)....

#16949 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My friends and I buy shipping containers of pins from Italy once or twice a year, generally it takes a couple days after the games are picked up from the seller by the shipper before you get the shipping info. I'd bet they have the container number, but it won't be until the middle of next week before they will have the ship and tracking info. I also bet it takes longer to ship than they are estimating. If I were Cointaker and Heighway, I'd stop giving best case scenarios on shipping and give worse case scenario timelines or no timelines at all. It's awesome they've got the first container packed and going, that's huge, but once the truck leaves the seller, the seller has zero control over how long it will take to get loaded on a boat and how long shipping will take.

I have asked CT for tracking - no info yet. From your experience how long does it take from Italy to Seattle?

#16965 1 year ago

So no shipping number yet. Would love to track
the boat. Will follow-up with Melissa tomorrow.....

#16967 1 year ago

From what I've heard and read no issues.

#16996 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

30 new posts. Thought it'd be something big. Nope.

I was just about to say. I hate when this thread derails into just nonsense. On my end, no tracking from CT yet. FYI.

#17048 1 year ago

Can you provide here? I received something from Melissa but it was just the truck pickup sheet so I didn't post it here

#17052 1 year ago

I pm'd this guy and asked here - no info. I have been waiting on it from CT who hasn't sent anything besides the truck pick up. No ship info. Last I heard from CT was that and I recently asked for it. I doubt this guy has the info.

It must be close though if they left end of september. Of course, will update this with info when/if I get it.

I'm also thinking about those pinstadium lights but worried it's going to make it too bright (even with it being on low) but also the reflections of the lights that you see (they connect to the sides of the frame). The cost also jumps significantly to 245 when you add necessary options. Thinking of waiting to see how it looks in my house first before buying. Anyone else picking them up?

#17055 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There should be no reason to not have the Ship Tracking Number. It would be fun to track the shipment!

Agreed! That's why I've been asking them for it. No info yet! I would love to track as I'm picking this up myself from CT so it will help plan better too on my end.

#17064 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They seem way too bright for such a dark theme. The movies were super dark... space, spaceships on auxiliary lighting, blackness and steam making it hard to see the monsters coming... that was part of the suspense of it all.

This is my point too. Part of the game's theme is being dark so trying it out first. See later.

GI integration is necessary b/c MB they cut the lights wouldn't work anymore.

#17067 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I myself don't have it but would have thought CT or Heighway would have the numbers. Yes, I admit to being intentionally vague and provocative

intentionally vague an provocative? Oh.....K......

anyway - still no update from CT on shipping. I have a feeling the next email from CT will just be to notify me I can pick it up. We'll see.

#17071 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's what I thought was mentioned......can't see Pinstadium working on this title....maybe a couple of spots, if needed. I want it dark and experience full effect. Having control of overhead lighting hopefully gets me what I want to see (works great for WOZ)......

Little confused on your last sentence. Does that mean you are going to get stadium or just go spot light route?

#17078 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just for reference, here are before and after photos of Full Throttle, with 2 spots added. I imagine as dramatic an improvement can be made with Alien.
They are powered from the coin slot.

so that difference is just 2 spotlights? If so, how do you add them on this type of machine? I've only done it with alligator clips on an older machine. Can you link what I need to buy?

#17095 1 year ago

I'm reading the following and it appears it's already in Penn?? See Equipment activities and it says the following:

Event Facility Location Mode Time Remarks
Carrier Released
Sunbury, Sunbury, Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States 02 Oct 2017, 01:34 EDT

I've asked Melissa b/c I will drive there tomorrow and cancel all my meetings to pick this up!

What are you guys seeing? I literally just got the tracking info from CT too - they were quick to update the thread which was great to see!

#17097 1 year ago

Doesn't it say final destination October 17?

I see that final destination is 10/17 however it says estimate. I was going off of the activity log which makes it seem like it's in Penn. I could be reading this wrong - lmk.

#17102 1 year ago

I don't know - both "latest events" show location as Penn US. I do see the original estimate of 10/17 for final destination (10/16 for NY) which would be reasonable but not sure why the latest events are showing it's in Penn.

EDIT can someone confirm either way (I'm wrong or yes, that's correct)?

#17107 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Ship tracker has the OOCL Asia a day off the coast of UK pushing 20kts, so i'd say the 17th is probably still a good estimate.

yeah it's weird - seems to have conflicting info b/c the other events say in Penn but that would make more sense. I'll just check and assume no earlier than 16/17th.

#17111 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

delt31 can confirm pirates season just ended.

haha - born and raised new yorker! Big game tomorrow! Yankees looking to pull out 3 in a row.

Seriously though imagine pirates take over the ship and steal the machines. Talk about icing on the cake.

#17118 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Last report: Oct 10, 2017 12:27 UTC
Ship type:Container Ship
Flag:Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
Destination:NEW YORK
ETA:Oct 16, 15:00
Lat/Lon:49.07583 N/10.81925 W
Course/Speed: 256 ° / 20.9 kn.
Current draught: 13 m
Callsign:VRBQ6
IMO / MMSI: 9300790 / 477105600

where on the website are you seeing this? Trying to find it....thanks.

#17121 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9300790
You'll need to scroll out to find its location on the globe but you should be able to follow it from here.

That's great thanks!

#17126 1 year ago

If the boat is already in port, I guess that action event field I was citing was accurate? Current realtime tracking link shows the boat still far away (10/16 estimate) so it must be incorrect. Great to hear it's already in the US!

#17137 1 year ago

Back to Alien.....

I'm awaiting feedback from CT on the timing of next week's delivery. Sounds like if it's in the US but more importantly scheduled to be delivered to them next week, I would think they have a date. Seems like CT is proactively sharing info which is great so excited to hear when. Every meeting will be cancelled so I can drive and get this thing. Pics will of course be posted.

#17156 1 year ago

latest from CT is a mon or tues pickup. I will confirm once i hear and take pics as well.

#17161 1 year ago

Prob called twice in the past 2 months so no - not everyday. Recent call was to confirm the day so I can block my calendar for work. Otherwise CT has sent emails confirming info with my replies. Normal stuff. It will be here very soon. Excited.

#17165 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your enthusiasm for this pin is commendable...even reaching into dangerous waters ( POTC thread) to praise the Alien theme. I really admire that. You will need to change your Avatar, however, as I can’t really consider you an “ Alien Guy” with a GB blowup.....
Really looking forward to your unboxing and report next week....

haha - Diehard GB fan. Love indiana jones too. If you can't tell, I love the 80s. I will prob switch it up to alien once I get it. I did the same with GB which is why you see the MMM.

Alien believer. I can't wait to get it (hopefully Mon or Tues) and share the brilliance of this game. It will also fit really well with my WOZ and DI. It's really a great time to pinball.

#17168 1 year ago

If you have a great alien replacement, shoot. I'm not creative.

edit - made a move....

#17179 1 year ago

Can someone explain how that ambush mb works? How does the tracking of the dots line to shots?

#17187 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As budroosker notes, the Aliens appear in quadrants on the radar, which correspond to quadrants of the playfield. Playfield shots in the leftmost quadrant will flash red, playfield shots in the second quadrant are green, third quadrant is blue, and fourth (rightmost) quadrant is yellow. A quadrant's lit shots will flash faster and brighter as that quadrant's Aliens get closer to infiltrating the lab.
Each Alien you kill awards a jackpot. As long as you don't allow Aliens to infiltrate the lab, the jackpot value will keep rising. If any Alien infiltrates the lab, the jackpot value drops back to its previous base value. Clearing a wave of Aliens lights the Super on Vent 3, and locks in the current jackpot value as the new base for the rest of the game.
So each successive wave is worth more points, but with each round, you get more and more Aliens attacking faster and faster. It gets pretty intense. Fun trivia: there are 18 distinct Alien kill video scenes for this multiball alone!

thanks for the excellent rundown. That sounds amazing.

#17189 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Turns out there were no Heighway games at Expo. I was hoping to play both Full Throttle and Alien to potentially restore some enthusiasm for these games, instead I found Pirates (absolutely NO interest in the theme) and it was kinda incredible. Definitely thinking more about that direction than anything Heighway at this point. More Heighway missed opportunities I guess...

Man they missed the entire show? Was hoping it made it last min. Too bad.

#17192 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

for those of you following the shipment; OOCL Asia is now tracking on east coast AIS.

According to CT, it's already in and being delivered tomorrow or Tues. I'm waiting to hear if it's available for pickup tomorrow. I

#17198 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's clearly not "already in" should be sometime today though...right on schedule.

I hear what you're saying and I just checked too and can see it coming in. I'm also telling you what was told of me and others - that it was already in. Either CT misunderstood or that isn't our ship. CT said they would contact me today and said def can pickup today or tomorrow - just waiting to hear back. Literally working from home so I can just jump in the car and get it!

#17200 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pirates swapped transponder codes...it's on it's way to Somalia.

along with the ones scheduled for chicago expo!!!

#17216 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is the OOCL ASIA sailing into port just now. The games are in this picture.

Here is another screengrab from the webcam:

that's fantastic. even pictures to boot. I don't know what to say though b/c just spoke to CT and they said 21 have already been delivered via ship along with a few more that were flown in via fedex - apparently sent to the wrong place - which is inline with the chicago mishap. I'm not sure what to say about this ship though.....

Ultimately no games available for pickup yet but she believes b/w the 21 and the others flown in, tomorrow will likely be the day to pick up. I've already moved my day around to make it work. I'm hoping it does.

#17240 1 year ago

Day 2 of potential pick up. Could today be the day. I hope so!

In the meantime, I need to download the latest rulesheet. Is there one for the updated code (1.0)?

EDIT - not 1.0....

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/rules-early-rule-set-posted-by-rs-pinball-version-0-8/

#17243 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I hope so too, for you and everyone waiting on a game in this batch. kneissl is waiting on his. (I'm waiting on his too, lol)

well I'm an 8 hour round trip time so earlier notification the better ; ) Funny how any other 8 hour drive I would be dreading but something about picking up a pinball makes it feel like you're not even driving at all!

#17246 1 year ago

ha - I was just about to post the same! Good news indeed.

#17248 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

From what google tells me, it means the container was given to the trucking company that is delivering it to Cointaker. That is just based on what google says, I'm not a shipping expert.

I just did the same thing and removed it from my post! Same understanding on my end. The city and Sunbury are very close (3hrs). Says discharged at 2am. I wonder if this thing is basically there by now. Good news indeed. Never tracked a pinball machine like this before but I also never bought an imported one!

#17263 1 year ago

so not coming in today per CT. They are hoping for tomorrow but def by Friday is what I was told. Moved so many meetings to later in the week but I'll figure this out. Could be testing that cell signal during the drive.

#17287 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This discussion of layout and gameplay is WAY more interesting than constant, conflicting shipping updates. If you don't like it, then just skip the message and continue down the thread.

yeah let's not talk about when people are actually going to GET the game. Let's just talk about opinions about a game barely anyone has played. That sounds right.

How about we just talk about both?

#17298 1 year ago

great to see the pics and happy to hear someone has received some of the new stock. Congrats! Keep them coming.

#17301 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

THIS is what we need to see!!!....Hopefully, the container and other FEDEX units stated start showing this week. It’s really all that matters at this point....

amen. Can't agree more. More pics of new owners getting them. Keep'n it positive.

#17307 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just keeping it relative to what matters to most of us here. I’m not going to engage on gameplay / layout challenges because we need more out there to compare with. greenhornet wants to be intellectual in his condemnation of whatever, for whatever reason. Still quite suspicious to me.
Let’s hope they get a couple containers of Standards out, generate enough flow to get the line moving, ALL refunds and parts needs processed, then reward us LE guys with a great machine.
THEN we can bitch about gameplay, armor, quality, and the billion other things we do on here.
Does anybody remember the WOZ threads? Really? People were counting cars in the parking lot, counting JJP dead and buried, and machines were terrible, YEARS in the making....YEARS. Missing a xeno Head? Give me a break. Those early machines had to have the ENTIRE 5v system changed. The most polarizing title I’ve ever seen on here, period. Know what? It turned out to be an amazing game. Easily JJP’s most popular title.
Enough....just enough. Anything except machines being unboxed is irrelevant at this point.

yes yes yes. Couldn't of said it any better. Well put.

#17314 1 year ago

I wonder if beacons made the trip from the UK. Would love to install them upon unpacking....

#17339 1 year ago

For those interested in hearing when people are actually going to get the game, latest as of today from CT is that Friday is the day for pick up. No earlier it seems so bumped 3 or 4 days but ship is definitely in so feeling good about Friday. FYI.

#17342 1 year ago

RE: "Don't forget Road Trip Pix!"

I will be showering this thread with pics and impressions. Suggestion to include that in the owners thread was made. Should I put those in there or keep them in here? I'm assuming others will have to answer the same when they get their game.

IMO I feel like this thread deserves to get all of that goodness - to finally see this game come out and people sharing their experiences/love (or criticisms)......once they actually have it! But Ill do either.

#17345 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Here. We'll be seeing yours first as you will be waiting outside CoinTaker Friday at 6am....

I seriously might as I just want to grab this and come home. Meetings all afternoon too. Waiting for the 100% confirm but with the 4 hour trip, I can see myself leaving at 5am!

Really excited to get this game. So much damn potential it's insane and I'm still thinking about how much fun it was when I played it in Buffalo and that machine had a ton of issues. Imagine a 100% working Alien. Wow.

I'm also excited to hear about impressions from the guy who just posted pics.

#17349 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

He's doing the trip to get it sooner.

Exactly. They discounted a little too bc of it. Considering the delays, the poor guys who had the glass shatter upon the delivery amongst other things I've decided if it's drivable I'm picking it up directly. Something about a Pinball pickup makes it painless too almost adds to it.

There is no game out there or coming out or even rumored that has me this excited so why not. Right to the veins!

#17412 1 year ago

Seems like anyone who received a new Alien only includes a pic or too and then no comments on impressions/if it's working, etc. What a tease! We want more info ; )

When I get this game on Friday expect a green hornet type summary except with information that people care about.

#17417 1 year ago

even though it's just one picture - look how sick that pinball looks. All black, it just screams Alien and it's not even turned on. Def stands out.

Speaking of parts coming to CT, it's not clear if beacons/toppers were included either. Last I heard from CT (maybe a month ago) was that they prob won't be included but who knows if that's changed. I would love to get those beacons at the same time - love that look. Was actually watching Alien last night an the yellow flashers are such a perfect tie in for the pin.

I'm really pumped for tomorrow. Hopefully nothing changes.

#17430 1 year ago

Nice - keep the impressions and pics coming! Did yours come with any toppers/beacons? I'm hoping they do but not confident. No idea why HW couldn't include those in these shipments

#17432 1 year ago

love the pics!!!

sorry - topper is the beacons in this case. I ordered a SE but with beacons and was hoping it would ship with them. Will find out tomorrow.

#17442 1 year ago

Any reported sightings of aliens on the streets of PA?

My original plan was to leave at 5am but CT told me hold off on leaving until they confirm. Apparently they don't know timing of when it arrives so to hold tight until they're good.

As soon as that message is received (HOPEFULLY TODAY!) I will update the thread to let you know I am Alien bound. I'm hoping to have Aliens and be home in time for the yanks tonight. More to come...

#17444 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Headed to CT this morning. Excited for the second time. Thanks Heighway, Roger, Morgan, Melissa, Chris and company for helping make this process possible. This will go on location again at starport. The others, as they come in will be on location in Pittsburgh and surrounding. Good luck all!!

Pittsburgh is so pinball I love it. Not being from this area originally and moving here a few years ago - I never knew pinball was so popular here (although I've only been collecting for a couple of years). Two of us are getting this game from this area. That's hilarious. GL.

#17446 1 year ago

Got the confirmation! Leaving shortly.

I would def drive together but unfortunately I have calls to take from 10:30 to 1.

We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!

Expect updates!

#17459 1 year ago

Almost go time. 20 min away but had to stop for a call. Sprint network is terrible. Should be there within next hour.

#17462 1 year ago

Just a taste...

They're here!!

20171020_151354 (resized).jpg

20171020_151328 (resized).jpg

20171020_151359 (resized).jpg

#17467 1 year ago

On my way back. Only one set of beacons received. Mine did not have them.....

20171020_153605 (resized).jpg

20171020_152724 (resized).jpg

#17473 1 year ago

In route but they had Canadian and us machines each had zone Coin option so some us machines had no coin Mac while others which of the one I got head double coin Mac like you would typically see. Pardon typos

#17486 1 year ago

It's go time

20171020_213438 (resized).jpg

#17488 1 year ago

20171020_214815 (resized).jpg

#17489 1 year ago

Remind you of something? Alien egg opening and inside an alien pinball machine!

20171020_215458 (resized).jpg

#17491 1 year ago

Glass isn't broken. Sweet

20171020_220137 (resized).jpg

#17492 1 year ago

As a former stern owner and current jjp the build quality looks very good. Playfield is so packed with detail (just the bottom part that is visible right now in person looks sick) it screams LE and it's just their standard. Half way there

20171020_221022 (resized).jpg

#17496 1 year ago

Game is playing in the background!

20171020_222843 (resized).jpg

#17500 1 year ago

In the house

20171020_224125 (resized).jpg

20171020_224146 (resized).jpg

#17503 1 year ago

Not a huge fan of removing these things. Very tight.

20171020_224944 (resized).jpg

20171020_225009 (resized).jpg

#17506 1 year ago

now I need to install the head. Never did that before. No instructions included. Will search the forums!

#17508 1 year ago