DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2655 8 years ago

While I'm still not blown away by the looks of Full Throttle, the game played fantastic at expo. It was super fun and had a ton of fun shots. You could really tell that someone new designed the game. I liked it enough to consider getting one at some point when they are available. I'm hoping Alien pulls off the looks along with great game play. The shot map is definitely interesting. There's a crazy amount of shots on that design.

2 months later
#3129 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's fine, I'm just saying FTH is not a sales juggernaut hit or else people would list it on wish list and in their collection, the fact that 2x more people have WWE on their wish list tells me that FTH is not wished or dreamed about when Pinheads go to sleep. I know a guy who owned one and sold it in a couple months. Not saying it's bad but if was OMG the best game I'd think he'd have wanted to hold onto it.
I agree FTH is more about getting the wheels in motion, but don't tell me it's more popular than AMH even, because it's bearly talked about.
Alien on the other hand is a much better theme, but still hasn't gained the traction of Predator even, I think we need art and gameplay video before people get too excited about it. Right now it's a cool theme but other than that I'd like to see the gameplay and DMD animations etc..

They are not even really avialable yet so there's no real way to know how well it will do once people start getting them. All of the ones that came out seemed to be more of the first 10 test machines and production is just now really starting. The lone distributor in the US does not have any yet and likely won't for another month. I wouldn't judge it's popularity until people can actually buy it and play it, not preorder it.

#3130 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's simple: FTH only has appeal in Europe where motorcycle racing exists. Nobody in the states cares. Haunted House? That's a universal theme. There are ghosts everywhere!!!!!

There are a lot more people in the US that care about motocycle racing then there are that care about pinball. All racing themes tend to do well on any type of game from pinball to arcades to home consoles. The theme is easy to understand and follow and fun. Just in my small area alone I know 2 pinball folks that are diehard motorcycle racing fans.

Looking forward to seeing how Alien turns out. Hopefully everything comes together for a nice game.

#3142 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Simply not true.

Any proof of that or are you just making up things based on what you like?

2 weeks later
#3432 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Anyone else find this disturbing? This was compiled from this one page alone, imagine if someone compiled every single one from this thread and all other threads...It would be enough to compose a multi page thread itself.

Do what half of pinside has done and use the ignore feature. After doing that the RZ thread shrunk in half. If people would quit quoting him I wouldn't even have to see the "ignored user comment"

#3544 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The fact that any are left is something that really trips me out when you consider that other pin that sold out with a backup list 2 times bigger than the run itself...I think an official U.S. office/distro with heighway sample games avail. to play would help move enough units to justify the cost...I know, walk before you run...

Not sure why that trips you out. RZ has been fully revealed with game play and artwork. Alien is still a complete unknown from a company that is just now about to really start shipping their first pin. I'm much more surprised people committed to an 8K+ LE completely sight unseen. I played Full Throttle at expo and liked it enough to order one from Cointaker but it will likely be at least another month before I have it. I hope Alien is awesome and if it is I'll get one, no way I'm sending money or committing until I can see the game and preferably get to play it. Based on Full Throttles time line Alien is likely still a ways off anyway.

#3835 8 years ago

I swear pinside is a place more to argue about art then to talk about pinball. Overall the playfield is not at all what I expected but at the same time I think I like most of it. The inserts look great which is a huge plus. In a dark room playing you seem them the most anyway. At the end of the day what matters is how this game plays and if it's fun. Good art is a bonus that I can live without if the gameplay is great. It's nice to get both when you can though.

1 year later
#14835 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have ZERO ties to Andrew. i guess that is more rumors floating around in your head that come out reading as facts?
I have been a big supporter of pretty much every new pinball manufacturer. PAy attention and catch up junior, I like pinball... big surprise I guess, lol.
I don't need to contact Andrew. reality is that both he and the designer have been here to tell us things are happening and hold tight and I have no reason to think otherwise, nor will me doing ANYTHING change something for the better by wasting his time.
I damn well won't sit here like you are and make up facts (also putting yourself in a legally reckless position if someone wanted to come after you and it turns out your "facts" do more damage which it clearly is seen as your intent)
I am not sure where we are supposed to go with your insinuation that you living in MI gives you some sort of magic understanding of any reality. Please clarify what you are getting at because your hidden insinuation tries to paint it like some of the more prominent MI pinheads are to blame formthese rumors. might as well just clearly state your claims now.

thKUTS2W31 (resized).jpgthKUTS2W31 (resized).jpg

10 months later
#21322 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

as I will defend myself and my integrity.

It's going to be pretty hard to defend something that doesn't exist. You lied to me in person at tpf trying to get me to buy a game. You lied to thousands of us promising things that you knew could not happen in attempts to get our money. Then you slinked out the door to absolve yourself of the debts to start a new scam. You are a pretty pathetic person.

#21369 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Like I posted earlier, we have paid in full for an Alien SE back in 2016.
We actually recevied a call from Roger Svanevik today. Basically to tell us that we where fucked and that our money was lost.
But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.
It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)
Roger Svanevik then offered to sell us an Alien Pinball. This time an LE.
This is the same guy who assured us that Heighway would ship our game by the end of 2017.
Charming.

Seems pretty honest that people that own both companies are filling bankruptcy at heighway but are also buying the games from heighway and selling them for profit in their other company. But hey, we can still get you that LE....

#21650 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't know much about the latter (but people do unwise things in desperate situations), but the former stems from the cobbled together messes from earlier on, and indeed some of their own earlier models needing total refits with updated parts.
That was expensive, the cashflow problem remained, and parts still needed further revision.
Alien was completely unsustainable, and still is ... hence presumably why it's being scrapped, and why despite some calling for other manufacturers to take it on, it will never happen.
Aside from working environment, Andrew's fingers being in the till, and many of the more qualified staff leaving 6 months to longer than a year before the first single shit show machine shipped to much fanfare, he constantly interfered on technical and design issues. It probably would have taken less time and money to completely re-engineer parts of the game and electronics than to try to fix them into something reliable (still not there yet).

They are the ones that got into bed with Andrew and they had to be either blind or stupid to not see many of the giant issues ahead of them. They also agreed to take over the company and get the games made. If they did not do a thorough enough review of things before moving forward with the purchase it is 100% their own fault. They also have a batch of games made that they seem to be using to fund their new company by selling to new buyers rather then fulfilling their obligation (which they knowingly took on) to the people that had already paid for their games. Andrew is a snake and the new management followed right in line behind him with lies and complete lack of communication and support.

#21652 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But I'm not the type to say, I told you so, to those fan boys.

#21828 5 years ago

Just a lot of deflecting and finger pointing. You would think Andrew was almost a victim with his twisted view points.

It may have been that he was lying to try to make payroll or keep the lights on. But none of that excuses it. It's also not surprising that the investors that were involved long ago with Andrew act in just a shady of a manner as Andrew did.

A sad end to a sorry state of affairs. I'd like to say that now we can consider preorder pinball dead but we all know its not as pinball people act like crackheads half the time. It's no wonder this community is such easy prey.

#21833 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

WTF is that all about.

About saving as much of their investment as possible as they knew Alien and HP was toast.

#21851 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If someone owes me money and has a track record of scamming folks - I’m posting their address and any other details I have. Next.

Nothing scarier then the pinball tuff guy group..

#22009 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty sure you can't "sell" your license to make something. Also most of a license cost is on the backend anyway (royalties per unit).
Also who the hell wants a Queen pin? Or Playboy?

I'll take a Queen pinball machine, but from a company that can actually make games. A Queen pin done right could do pretty well.

#22034 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Name a third queen song! (I can't)

Then I feel sorry for you. It's literally impossible that you do not know at least 5 queen songs based on there use in advertising and movies alone.

#22092 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Andrew Heighway was seemingly totally unhinged. Who the fuck would buy that in 2018. Unbelievable

Have you been to a pinball show? While it is not going to appeal to most people there are a ton of 45-65 year olds that have a basement or pinball room that is half arcade, half burlesque show. While it wouldn't have had a lot of mainstream appeal more people would have been into then you think. Not saying it's the right thing to make in todays society but once again, have you seen some of the people at pinball shows? Half of the pinball meet and greets at TPF are held at the wild pitch which is girls serving you food in their underwear. Seems pretty odd to me and I'm not sure how it's not a health code violation but to each their own. Heighway Pinball used Twin Peaks as their reveal venue at Expo so it can't be much of a surprise that Andrew thought Playboy was a good idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.