• 24,652 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by adamross
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 4 years ago

I'm in. Going to look great next to predator.

1 month later
#418 4 years ago

I wonder if the login is going to be similar to Arachnid's HotButtons? HotButtons can store player names, track stats, and store credits.

3 weeks later
#614 4 years ago

Kinda weird... Flipper shapes, slings and pop bumper diameters are cut out....

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's the heighway modular system, they all pop out for quick replacement.

Oh really? Learned something new. I thought it was just a quick swap of playfields, didn't know some components would have to be swapped over too. Seems like there's potential for a ball trap with a flipper up.

#618 4 years ago

I see now, there's a plate that fills the hole from underneath.

#620 4 years ago

How much would a replacement flipper assembly run?

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

dunno, but I think the thinking behind it is an operator can have a spare, replace it on location, take the broken one with him and fix it at his shop, instead of trying to repair it at the location. So swappable does not mean disposable.

Definitely makes sense when it's put that way. Less time fixing, more time earning.

3 months later
#851 4 years ago

I secured my LE shortly after the announcement, I knew April was an unrealistic shipping estimate. But I do hope to start seeing them being built at least this summer.

#854 4 years ago

Heighway is already in the "Get Sh-t Done" club as far as manufacturing goes. And their quick swap systems will only allow them to produce games quicker I imagine.

#856 4 years ago

I totally understand, and I'd be in the same boat as you if I hadn't already preordered. This will be the last time I preorder any pin. Predator... *shudder to think*

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

An Administrator on the Heighway forum posted in the Alien thread yesterday:
"We will be posting an update on progress very soon"
We might get telling information on Alien soon but the reality is no matter what we learn about Alien from this next update, Full Throttle has to take precedence on the assembly line and have its day before Alien pins can be born.

FT begins production on monday. This seems to be a non issue.

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agreed. So FTs will have their run on the assembly line... for how many months? Then Alien. Thus perhaps we can make a more educated 'guess' when Alien might be released. I am looking forward to experiencing the Alien pin more than anything out there now or on the horizon.

When the time comes, I see no reason why multiple titles couldn't be manufactured simultaneously. Stern does it. Many non pinball manufacturers do it. That's just manufacturing. And I believe Heighway's modular system will allow them to produce games efficiently.

#915 4 years ago

I, for one, intend to leave my LE as is. If future titles spark my interest, I may buy an SE cab for PF swaps. But that remains an unknown at this point.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are trying to get to the New England show in the Summer, followed by Expo in October and IAAPA in November. We will look at other shows as well if it's possible for us to do them

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown

1 month later
#1015 4 years ago

Bump. What's new, Andrew?

1 month later
#1080 4 years ago

Yup. Love loops with spinners.

1 month later
#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't think your LE # choice affects the build spot....( I'm 212, but early in the process, so suspect the machines will be built and shipped based on order date, regardless of the #).

I'm #187, but I ordered early enough that mine will be in the first container of customer games shipped to the states.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I went in Oct 22nd...think that was close to when the title was announced...

Ha! My invoice is dated 10/22/14. Looks like ours will be riding the same boat.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't even started on the LE art yet...

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Cliche, huh? Ok, I'm in as well. #58 LE here. Year of my birth. Can't wait!

Geezers...

#1227 3 years ago

Yeah, mine was #112 to match my Predator. Had to switch to #187. You guys are old enough to be my dad... Born in '85.

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Actually I prefer old fart or codger....

Geezers, Old Farts, and Codgers... Oh, my!

Wait a minute... this is Alien, not WOZ.

#1240 3 years ago

I'd at least like to see a recent whitewood...

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No offense, but $1,500 is not going to hurt me financially. So I say again very Little risk.

Meh. Losing $4750 on Predator didn't hurt me financially. Still sucks though.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's easy. Sell me your Flash Gordon

Badass pin right there.

#1276 3 years ago

It's time to at least see an updated layout. I know game 1 needs attention, but I need to keep interested...

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

UGHHH! I hate to get on a soapbox, but here goes. What has changed about this game? There has been no significant reveal of any changes to a game that was supposed to have been in production 3 months ago. Don't get me wrong. I get it. Motion Picture IP holders are hard to work with. You can stop drilling that into my head now. My beef is that the price is creeping up on a game that has had ZERO visually revealed! So, should I expect a new price increase every time that a feature of this game is verbally described to me?

Second LCD in backbox might be standard now?

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

not sure...I know the second LCD is an upcharge (which I approved), but can't speculate beyond that...I'm sure Andrew will provide clarity...might be better to directly ask him....he's always been quick and forthcoming w responses......

Did you contact Heighway about it? Or did you get an email from them? I've received nothing from Heighway on the matter.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

Agreed!
For what it's worth, whenever I think of BP, I always think of Chet from Weird Science:

Whenever I think of Bill Paxton, I see him getting punched in the face by Arnold in a red convertible vette. And I smile every time.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

True. It was an add on from suggestions from pinsiders after FTH release. I imagine Aurich & crew will implement it better moving forward, starting w Alien.

Hopefully you won't have to imagine much longer...

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fun to imagine what they are going to do...one thing for certain....badass prevails...

I paid my deposit with real money, not imaginary money. I don't want to imagine this game, just see some real progress.

#1424 3 years ago

Yeah. I'm not trying to be negative about it, but April has come and gone long ago. Even though we all knew that was an unrealistic timeframe for release, we haven't seen anything new since the first whitewood. Obviously that whitewood led to design changes, keep us excited...

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, however, Heighway has posted MANY times regarding concept changes, factory up fits, license slowdowns, and is currently shipping their first game. Nothing wrong with them taking their time and getting this title as right as possible before releasing anything. I am more anxious than any, but refuse to wander into the mindset caused by criminals of the past....90 days past target release, and Andrew has been very upfront as to why delays have occurred...no smoke and mirrors ( well, maybe smoke)........gotta let it breathe, man......

Sure, we've seen Heighway updates. But it's been 5 months since an Alien update:

Now, after seeing that again, tell me you're not hungry for more.

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What does the upper left flipper do? What shot do you make with it?

Who knows? The design has had significant changes (as we've been told) since that video.

1 week later
#1466 3 years ago

I'm diggin' the changes!

#1478 3 years ago

Wonder what's going in that upper left corner?

#1483 3 years ago

This is very crude, but shows that there have been a lot of changes (good changes IMO) since the first layout. New layout is in black overlayed on the original layout.
AlienOverlayed.jpg

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I like what i see!!
Way to go...
Is there a tentative production date on this pin yet??

Last announced release date was April 2015.

#1596 3 years ago

How's that LE art coming?

#1604 3 years ago

Dig the powerloader badge. So funny seeing that old Cat logo used in space...

2 weeks later
#1680 3 years ago

Hey Aurich, how's that LE art coming?

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look?

Nope.

1 week later
#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

"If anything"?? How long ago was this title announced? Last Expo maybe? How can there be nothing to reveal at this point? These 3-4 year development cycles from some manufacturers is wearing thin.

Cool your tits.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Sure, I'm "complaining". It's completely unreasonable I guess to have a full year go by and expect a single update (and what was the development time needed on Full Throttle?). Excuse me for having unreal expectations.
I'd like to officially announce I'm making a Mad Max pinball machine. Get back to me in 2020. I "may" have something to show then. Meanwhile, I'll start an "official game thread" where people can loosely talk about the movie franchise but hopefully throw in many boob pics along the way.

There have been multiple updates since the announcement. Quit crying.

#1732 3 years ago

We recently had some news about Alien. Just because Stern announced GOT doesn't mean Heighway has to release more info on Alien at your command...

#1750 3 years ago

Yeah... But there are MAJOR differences between Alien and Predator. For instance, an actual manufacturing facility... Paid employees... Title 1 already shipping... A real license from Fox... Not demanding any more money until your machine is being built... Pinchili's bitching is unwarranted at this point. Heighway is doing exactly what they should be.

#1755 3 years ago

If you don't like what they're doing, don't pre-order. Pretty simple concept. And isn't DP's manufacturing mostly done by third parties?

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

So you're OK with folks who haven't pre-ordered and just attended the UK show getting to see features of the game when folks who pre-ordered don't?
They can't blame licensing restrictions on not being able to show the game but then show it to folks who attend a pinball show at their facility. That contradicts what they are saying and should be a little concerning.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. They said they would have it available to view. If I really wanted to see it, I would have plopped my ass on a plane and went and checked it out. As a pre-orderer, Heighway did send me an invite to the event, I chose not to go. When it's in my line up, I'm not going to give a shit about whether or not I was one of the first to see the "reveal".

3 weeks later
#2190 3 years ago

Any chance we could get an unapproved leaked toy pic in this thread too?

#2192 3 years ago

It was a Spooky RZSSI joke...

1 week later
#2227 3 years ago

Thursday, October 15th, 6:30PM.

1 week later
#2302 3 years ago

Really Pinstein? Linking GOT to this thread...

#2404 3 years ago

I would like to thank Aurich for incorporating my avatar into the side art. Thanks man!

#2449 3 years ago

Aurich, is the other side of the cab going to have identical art? Or will the text and xeno switch sides, so that the xeno is towards the back of the cab?

Edit - Like so... (poor PS job)
465257a.jpg

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will definitely appear in the game, their branding being all over is part of the vibe of the film.

Oh you will, will you?

3 weeks later
#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ok.....that's a freakin' creepy bunny there!!!!.....

Never seen Donnie Darko?

1 week later
#2912 3 years ago

Screenshot_2015-11-23-20-09-36~2.jpg

1 month later
1 week later
#3390 3 years ago

I've had a far better communication experience with Heighway than I have had with Spooky. I'm in on both RZ and Alien.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just some playfield art. I mean I hope people like it, but there's a lot more to the game coming.

Yup. It's just playfield art. And it's fucking tits!

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LE ordered. Nothing the mods can do.

So you spent $1500 assuming it will allow you the privilege to keep posting in this thread... Wow.

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You guys that have ordered an LE, are you ordering from Cointaker or direct from the website? Or is there another preferred method?

Ordered direct from Heighway.

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Direct for me too.....agree on the plus side of locking in your price.....I was in early @ $7850.00....extra saved will be going towards the large monitor.....

Me too. Looks like it's gone up $200 since then. Sweet.

#3639 3 years ago

Chrome... Nah. Grained stainless steel...

#3738 3 years ago

Love the details!

1 month later
#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody find an Iran Man?

ironman_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#5123 3 years ago

Nice to see Heighway at Vegas! JJP wasn't even there last year.

2016031795123524_(resized).jpg

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes. It has a magnet & grabs the ball!

I was under the impression that the magnet was in the playfield, in front of the head.

1 month later
#5690 3 years ago

There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens.

See you in Denver!

4 weeks later
#6483 3 years ago

Video was good. But weren't you the one that asked about video editing? Won't ever know how it plays until machines are in our hands...

1 month later
#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This is actually the first use for the large backglass screen that has interested me. It would have to be homebrew, without a doubt, but it would be a really cool mod to do to the game. But, I'm happy sticking with the smaller screen for now. I can always add that in later.

It wouldn't have to be home brew. Arachnid uses 2 cameras in their new dart boards so players can see each other and each other's darts when playing one another online half a world away.

#6857 2 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Still waiting to see that mystery video...

It's good. I considered getting a refund on my deposit several months ago. Was lucky enough to see the video at RMPS. Definitely keeping my deposit down on Alien.

4 weeks later
#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I would agree.....but I saw a solder cleaning ball in the pic....maybe for something other than the wiring.

You saw the tip cleaner, but not the spool of solder nor the soldering iron?

#7181 2 years ago

Nice to see the insert art has been corrected!

#7184 2 years ago

No, arrow inserts were whited out on the first playfield...

de496bb74cf0106053785e77bcbbb2ffe91e88fe (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7316 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

And here I am, down payment through CoinTaker many months ago - no emails in months, no email today....sigh....not that this email will get the pin to me any faster, but it would have been nice to be part of the LE clientele that got a notice All is good, all is good....

Meh. No email here. I ordered through Heighway, and back then was told my machine would be amongst the first set shipped over to the States...

#7318 2 years ago

No fear here, Andrew!

2 weeks later
#7655 2 years ago

I'm with ya there. Early pre-orderers shouldn't have to pay an upcharge on standard equipment. But what happens to those who already paid for the "upgrade"? I always thought it was odd that the vast majority of pre-orders were for LEs, yet the LE artwork was the last to be worked on...

Can't wait for the full reveal!

#7666 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ugh, more nonsense. This thread is 7,000 posts too long.

1 week later
#7956 2 years ago

Screenshot_2016-10-10-15-37-56 (resized).png

#7965 2 years ago

It's gotta be beyond frustrating answer the same questions over and over again. It's a shame people are too lazy to read...

#8008 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope there's a run on the LEs! But honestly I think there are plenty available for the moment, because this game just hasn't been close enough yet for people to pre-order. They need to see it first, and fair enough. Let's see how Expo goes!

Now get that LE artwork done!

#8053 2 years ago

Hmm... LE is listed at $7100 if paid in full...

#8066 2 years ago

Holy crap... Chrome trim add on is $880! Now I see why the price dropped! For you standard guys... Fibre Optic Ramp lighting kit is $800, Blade lighting is $240, Beacons are $220, non reflective glass $210, shaker $160, and you already know the 27" LCD is $550, no little back box lcd option...

#8069 2 years ago

Alien kit is $4350

#8079 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Looking at the details, it appears the 7100 is GBP. The $7100 is an error. Looks like you save only about $200 taking a standard up to LE. You're getting the additional art and green trim for $200.

Kinda... supposed to be 7100 euros and 8150 dollars. Shit.

But putting it in the cart equals $7100... wtf...

I emailed Aimee. We'll see what's what.

#8108 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Plus decals to cover the white spots under the flippers.

Just paint/powder coat the flipper brackets.

#8168 2 years ago

Pretty sure it's not real chrome. Website says "polished chrome effect". My guess is it's shiny powder coat. And $880 seems too high for me if it's not real chrome. Powder is cheap.

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Design/Quality Issues. New company = a mountain of headache learning curves.

You've played Stern pros, right? Old company, still putting out shit...

#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Figure something out to make a SLE of Alien, raise some more $$$ and get her ass in the pin!!!!!!
What can we do to help?

Not that.

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's a tip for all of you keyboard gang banger's. Acting tough on the internet doesn't always work out.
Aurich posted that comment about a month ago along with the usual trash he speaks about me. I didn't retaliate on Pinside or say anything with macho posturing in return. I remained silent to his taunt while his fan boys clicked the thumbs up for him.
Friday early evening at Expo, I happen to see Aurich in the Exhibit Hall. He was about 30 feet away from me talking with a friend. I didn't care he had a buddy with him and I was to face him on my own. I didn't hesitate for a moment and went straight over to Aurich and stepped up on him. I called him a lair and an asshole to his face exactly as he called me out to do.
Aurich back-peddled a step, put his open hands up in the air and said "I'm not talking to you, Kim" and I bitched him out some more.
Nobody got touched, it was over fairly quickly and it didn't go well for Aurich. His friend in my peripheral vision seem dumbfounded and must of thought me crazy and maybe I am. Aurich disappeared after that and I never saw him again.
I doubt Aurich will call anybody out on the internet ever again but if he does you, be sure to look him up.
Prediction: Aurich will reply to my comment here with his usual story of how he has me blocked and cant read but he somehow reads me anyway. Then of course, he will tell a much different version.
I don't care what story he tells or what you guys believe. I know and Aurich knows what happened and that's all that matters to me.

Well... You showed him!
Get over yourself.

#8403 2 years ago

Kaneda is not passionate about pinball. He's passionate about attention.

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does paypal offer the same protection? Just sent email re credit card payments and how to?

Paypal offered dick for help with Predator...

#8468 2 years ago

A few people couldn't get their money back due to the length of time that had passed. I was one of those. I used my credit card through paypal to pay in full for Predator. Think it was like 14 months after payment that I tried to file a chargeback. No dice.

#8502 2 years ago

For those that want art on the sides, those panels remove and you can get em plastidipped, painted, or decaled... I don't really care what's on the sides though. Once it's in the row, it's in the row...

#8636 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you get some crazy green armor/paint, won't it look wonky when you go to switch out to another game? i.e. FT with green?

If that's a concern. Buy a standard with add ons.

#8639 2 years ago

If you don't like what a company has to offer, instead of demanding whatever flavor you prefer, either bite the bullet or just don't buy.

Heighway... Take the Henry Ford approach. "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black."

#8723 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

On the LE, the price is $8150, but does that include the LCD screen in the backbox?

No.

#8731 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Mark, didn't you get a cheaper price for putting money down so long ago?

Early preorder price was $7850.

#8733 2 years ago

The website also says what comes with the LE package. Like a shaker motor, lit inner art blades, colored trim. The 27" screen is not on that list.

#8744 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Please correct me if I'm wrong and im writing this as constructive criticism.
1) heighwaypinball.com makes no mention of CoinTaker as a distributor. Both JJP & Sterns website has links to their distributors.
2) heighwaypinball.com doesn't have a single sheet (pdf) feature matrix for Alien. JJP has this for Dialed In! and Stern has this for BM66
3) heighwaypinball.com is showing the LE with a large LCD in backbox although this is an update. JJP and Stern shows pictures of their pins with standard features. Also, why show the standard side art on the LE at this point if upgraded side art is a differentiating feature of the LE.
4) heighwaypinball.com is more fragmented/confusing then JJP & Sterns website imo.

3 - LE art is not done at this point.

#8755 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

How about Alien's art for LE customers? Then we would have Alien & Alien's art work to swap out between. Seems like a neat idea.

Because the LE is the "35th Anniversary" edition of Alien...

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Only 3 years late.

Could push it back a couple more years for the 40th...

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did I miss something? Why would FT need a new cpu to run the Alien kit?

We completely re-wrote our videoserver programme - which controls the graphics and animations. There is a good amount of real-time rendering needed on this game - for motion trackers, for example - and consequently we have had to upgrade our CPU (pc unit).
This does mean that existing customers will need to upgrade their CPU to allow new games to be fitted. We will write to each customer individually about this and they will be offered discounted CPU upgrade rates.
We have tried to make this new CPU future-proof for the forseeable future.

#8775 2 years ago

No problem whysnow...

#8793 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

GTFO with this crap. I'm tired of people like you who think that you can only have an opinion if you have bought the product in question.

Welcome to the internet.

1 week later
#9070 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Somebody say something alien related.

aliens (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9418 2 years ago

"Free beer tomorrow!"

#9455 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I cant figure out WHY some people keep trying to inflate the perceived cost of the game?????
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/alien-pinball-machine/alien-standard-edition/
$6450... it says it right on the website.
This is a steal compared to other options on the market.

Obviously it's the LE price they're referencing...

#9461 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Be grateful for how open they have been with us so far and show some damn appreciation!

Meh. They're just trying to hold him to his own word. Andrew said we'd get an update AND an email. No email. And that really wasn't an update, just a video showing some of the "Find Jonesy" clips with recycled shots of the ball that were used in the "Bug Hunt" teaser. Teasers aren't updates. Questions have been asked and directed to Heighway and team, and questions are still unanswered. People just get tired of being strung along, which is basically how I've felt this year on this title. Dates promised turned into dates missed. I'd just be happy not getting any "updates"... You can't promise to deliver, fail, and not expect any noise from the peanut gallery.

Here's to hoping she'll be done soon!

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought the standartd came with the regular (smaller) LCD like on FullT?

Nope. And that's not standard equipment on Full Throttle either.

#9603 2 years ago

So how does the no-name non-reflective glass compare to the PDI stuff?

1 week later
#9755 2 years ago

Did Grg's post just completely disappear? I can't find post #9750...

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And Ted quoted it. It's all up there.

Wasn't sure if it was quoted in its entirety. Thanks.

#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

He's not returning my email and i'm a customer, not sure for how much longer.

Gary Stern has never Skyped me. Andrew has. Just sayin'...

#9827 2 years ago

Agreed. It's been a long 2+ years.

#9878 2 years ago

The look of the cabinet has zero effect on gameplay...

#9880 2 years ago

Toys are not furniture, no matter the size.

#9882 2 years ago

I guess we're all in this hobby for different reasons. Some are pinvestors, some are art collectors, and some are just here to play.

#9886 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Right, and everyone is entitled to their opinion of course even if it differs from yours.

Exactly why I'm stating mine.

#9928 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

With so many pages ...
Can someone please list the least expensive option to bring this machine to my gameroom? I would want the one with the lcd screen in the backbox. Thanks.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/store-2/

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed, I think he's just trying to create intrigue so we can see what the LE looks like, I don't think anyone thinks it's a deal breaker. I'm sure the standard art will be available for LE owners anyway.

Not only is standard art available to LE buyers... It's actually included.

#9947 2 years ago

The 10.1" backbox LCD screen has now been dropped. It's now either 'no screen' or 27" backbox screen. The 'no screen' option is meant to be more of a 'budget option'. The minute we tested the 27" screen for the first time, it had a huge 'wow factor'. For a game like Alien, we believe the 27" screen is a must-have to enjoy the full A/V experience.
Is my last statement an admission that the 10.1" playfield screen has failed? Not at all. Feedback from players and game owners is that they love the playfield screen. My own personal opinion is that I love both screens being there. I love being able to refer to the playfield screen when the ball is in play, and for the big visual moments - especially when the ball is out of play - I like to stand back and look at the 27" screen.

#9972 2 years ago

How does the GOT strobing compare to the Pinbits lightning bolts in AC/DC?

1 month later
#10807 2 years ago

The game looks beautiful!

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nice.
Regarding sub-flipper-gate. I think Andrew mentioned they were changing that to black beneath the flippers but seems like it'd be relatively easy to take Aurich's art file and have an almost seamless decal go there...unless it's so dark that black will blend. Maybe Aurich can sell those post production

Three out of four flippers look like the art would be completely black under them. The top right looks like it'd just be dark blue under it. Black for all 4 sounds good. Any way they come though, it'd be a super easy cosmetic fix if one wasn't happy with 'em.

2 weeks later
#11320 2 years ago

I'm diggin' the spinners.

2 weeks later
#11856 2 years ago

Just look at those alternatively painted xeno heads... Mmm...

Photo from Silveradostudio's IG.

Screenshot_2017-03-13-08-15-04 (resized).png

#11986 2 years ago

Maybe the LE art will be shown at TPF?

1 week later
#12217 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

How are you converting it from battery powered to hardwired?

Charged with 5V via micro-usb. Should be easy to add to a cab.

#12221 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

awaiting instructions

USBCharger (resized).jpg

#12223 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You plugging it in to a service jack?

I'm not doing anything with it. My LE comes with fiber optic ramps.

#12225 2 years ago

Wires can be cut and spliced. You want a specific location to grab power from? Won't know until I get my game. But power can generally be robbed from a variety of locations. If you don't want to rob 110V, 5V could probably be tapped into from somewhere. Depending on how much you value a warranty...

1 month later
#13685 2 years ago

What is that? A custom emulator pedestal? Any more pics of that if it is? Or is it just a control panel sitting on top of a pin?

2 weeks later
#14362 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Are you putting your SE up for sale or planning to keep both the LE and SE?
It does seem strange that Heighway would ship an LE under the radar. I mean with all the heat he's taking to let that ship out with no official word of it?

Why on earth does a company have to make a public announcement every time they do something?

#14374 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Umm gosh I don't know. Seems a big enough deal to be shipping the very first LE doesnt it??

Actions speak louder than words. And it appears the message was received, without the need of a president of a company posting on a ridiculous forum...

#14746 2 years ago

Damn speculators...

2 weeks later
#15288 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Collecting for about 30 years. First pin was Pinbot. I didn't have money to buy many games until my 50's. That is when very long hours at work and sweat equity finally paid off. You should be glad I'm supporting our hobby instead of spending my hard earned money on exotic cars, 'escorts' or nose candy.

Meh, with hookers and blow there is no pre-order stress...

2 weeks later
#15470 1 year ago

Morgan finally reached out to me yesterday about my refund. Hopefully things work out.

#15478 1 year ago
Quoted from ledge:

reached out .. meaning. it will be issued ?

He wanted to clarify I wanted a full refund. Some have requested partial refunds and staying in I guess. No response from my answer of "full refund", though.

1 month later
#16119 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

It's documented in this thread. Be sure to re-read it all.

#16267 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is dumb if true. They're incentivizing people to just ask for a refund and jump ship. And good luck getting them back as a customer.

I've been asking for my money back for nearly 3 months. Still nothing. They're not too motivated in that department...

#16365 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not that hard to issue a refund.
Not that hard to make a decision on fiber EL ramp lighting.
Something still not right in Denmark, i mean Wales.

Pinball is hard.

2 weeks later
#16638 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nope sent email to Melissa

Dude, you've been in this what, two weeks? That's less time than it took me to get my refund back. There are plenty of people who've been on this ride for nearly three years.

#16655 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes I am getting one from CT in their initial batch of 21. I believe it was more than 10 days ago but still dinner in September. I'm sure many dropped for to the delays.

Delays are understandable. Most dropped due to false promises.

"Yours will be one of the very first produced..."

#16757 1 year ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Did you file a paypal claim?

That's WAAAAAAAY out of the claim window.

2 weeks later
#17059 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have had no issues contacting morgan
every time i have emailed them i got a response.
good luck, keep trying.

The only time I ever got a response from Morgan was when I CC'd either Andrew (past) or Daniel (recent). Nobody likes their boss seeing emails they've ignored.

#17158 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I sure hope you're not calling/emailing Cointaker everyday.

You can hope in one hand...

3 weeks later
#18418 1 year ago
Quoted from nman:

Not sure if it would even be possible, but I was actually wondering if some really creative soul would eventually 3d print a custom queen head to go on the mech. Kinda like the awesome one that was done for the JP T-Rex.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/238#post-3648567

4 weeks later
#18958 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I think this shipment was only of 7 games, but don’t quote me on that.

1 month later
#19551 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

almost 2 years. asked to send my final money in april 2017 for my le to be shipped.
still waiting. kinda think those that paid are old money and are gonna be last.

They were asking for final money in April?!

2 months later
#20483 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).png

3 weeks later
#20952 1 year ago

Holy shit... After losing nearly 5k in the Predator scam, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten my paid in full Alien LE order fully refunded back in September. But it still sucks to see these two themes shit the bed.

1 week later
#21939 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Who was that as back alley haven't responded

Silver Studios, I believe. They had alien heads and facehuggers on their IG. Not sure if they molded them, or just painted them, though...

#22024 1 year ago

Bicycle...
Fat Bottomed Girls...
We Will Rock You...

#22085 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm 51. I listen to a lot of hard rock /metal...always have. Never liked Maiden.

You don't have to like 'em... but I'm sure you know at least 3 of their songs.

I hate Metallica, and know plenty of their tunes.

#22158 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

most people are douchebags

Mostly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside