IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iohonnes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12296 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

3 ball lock doesn’t eject balls back onto playfiled any longer.

What do you mean by this? Was your ball lock *rejecting* lock shots or do you really mean the ball lock is ejecting balls differently?

2 weeks later
#12494 5 years ago

Got my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.

Everything is great except one issue - the crane doesn't center on the targets when rotates counter clockwise (the direction towards the home position). I've done a search through Pinside and found some other folks with the same issue but I couldn't find a solution or fix. It's not the worst thing in the world but it does smack the hanging ball into the side when going to the home position and when it's in the first position (in front of the right loop), it's close enough to the side that it hangs up balls in play. Any suggestions?

IMG_2200 (resized).JPGIMG_2200 (resized).JPGIMG_2197 (resized).JPGIMG_2197 (resized).JPGIMG_2201 (resized).JPGIMG_2201 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPG
#12503 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t you mean “Holy Generation Game Room Jump Batman!”

Oddly enough, three of the four machines are "firsts".
Home Run was Gottlieb's first 3" flipper machine.
Cleopatra was Gottlieb's first solid state machine.
And Batman 66 is Stern's first LED display.

Other companys did those things earlier - but they are still firsts for Gottlieb and Stern. I just realized this probably only interesting to me.

#12506 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Underneath the plate that covers the crane mechanism is a small board with optos. A arm with a metal tab passes through the optos to stop over each playfield insert. (You can see this action in the test mech menu for the crane or turntable) The metal flag has a screw on the bottom to loosen or tighten that tab which has a cut out to advance or retard the crane mech when it passses over the inserts or going to the far end or home position. It will take a little patience to get it corrected. Some have even added a very small amount of tape slightly larger than the metal tab to help it to stop it before it slams over to the stop position.

This - with changing the lag time - got me to place where it was mostly on center both CW and CCW. Thanks for the tips.

Another thing I'm finding funny - with my EMs all the weight is in the cabinet. With Batman, all the weight is on the playfield, especially with two motor assemblies. Lifting the playfield is a vastly different experience.

1 week later
#12612 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Has anyone had a villian video mode updating/needs updating error message on the tv screen on the rotating playfield? I don't remember the wording exactly, but can look tonight.

I've seen it twice ... I did a google / pinside search on the text but couldn't find anything related to it. Rebooting the game certainly fixes it and doing something like testing the node board in the diagnostics fixes it.

I'd love to see more about this; it's pretty odd.

#12617 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How many plays on your BM66? Did you level that turntable with the main playfield?
Rob

I'm seeing the same thing. It's happened twice on 1.02 code, both times at the start of multi ball. I've got about 200+ plays on the machine. And I didn't need to level the turntable - but I don't quite understand how that might relate.

1 week later
#12665 5 years ago

I'm a couple of hundred games into my new Batman and I have a couple of observations / questions - and yes, we are enjoying it immensely.

1) I'm getting serious air balls off of the rotisserie standups - Bat Computer/Analyzer, Joker, Batphone. The ball is shooting back into the side of the left ramp with quite a bit of velocity - it's a bit violent. Is that something that others have seen?

2) I'm also getting the occasional air ball from the slings, really the left one, sometimes with enough air to re-enter the shooter lane. Is this normal or should I lower the power of the slings?

3) The screws holding the bat mobile top of the spinning target seem to be coming loose and require periodic tightening. I'm considering adding a lock washer - has anyone else had to do this?

4) We (son and I ) totally suck at Villain Escape. Nothing worse than getting to a wizard mode and wondering why we even tried.

5) Haven't even sniffed any TV wizard modes.

#12671 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If this is a new Batman, shouldn’t it ship with the riveted fix?

I was a little ambiguous, I didn't mean the bat mobile itself - yes that is riveted - I mean the disc it's mounted to. It secures to the 2 down posts via screws and washers. Those are loosing up on a regular basis.

1 week later
#12738 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Hmmm. I sent my money in February and told mid March delivery.... now told April.

All this April talk makes me feel lucky that I was able to get a machine from GEX in early/mid February. And a signed one to boot!

Hold on, it's worth it.

#12809 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you are buying new, you don’t.

I don't think that's entirely true - my distributor knew my machine had a signed card. It was one of those 50 from the December run - so I'm guessing Stern told them it had the signed card in it. I believe that random NIBs also have signed cards - those are the ones you don't know until you open, I guess.

What I'm saying is, ask your distributor - they *might* know. Mine did.

1 week later
#12961 5 years ago

I've had a couple of new behaviors with the 1.0.3 code:

1) When I close out of villain with a jackpot shot, it can immediately start the penguin bat phone. It's obviously counting the single shot for both the super jackpot and the penguin scoop. I don't remember that occurring before - there doesn't seem to be an obvious setting to control that (although with 200+ settings, I'm sure I could have missed it. Either way, I don't like.

2) I had Surfing Joker finish with almost no hits or shots made. I started the mode and was cradling the ball while I was talking with someone. I hit a couple of switches, including all 3 TV targets and the mode jumped to 100% and closed out. Or at least I think that happened. I was surprised and the 2nd player thinks they saw it too. We are pretty sure I didn't really hit much. I've tried to recreate it but I haven't yet.

2 weeks later
#13174 4 years ago

I had similar issue - I did two things.

1) set lag to 0
2) fiddled with the adjustment tab that triggers the opts.

Between those two, I got the crane to stop a little off center for both the clockwise and anti-clockwise rotations. Without physically modifying the adjustment tab, that was the best I was going to get. I accepted that a little tiny bit off center for both directions was better than dead on in one direction and noticeably off in the other.

#13177 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Mine is just like wotto, dead center on the way out and significantly off on the way back. What kind of "fiddling" did you do to get your results?

The crane positions are controlled by a tab that is on the underside of the assembly. It rides through the optos; when the optos trigger, the CPU stops the motor. That tab is adjustable side to side; if you loosen the screw, you can move the tab to make fine adjustments.

2 weeks later
#13292 4 years ago

I've put enough games on my BM66 and I've watched enough of the TV show with my family - because otherwise, how would the kids understand the pin? - that I've really come to a deeper appreciation of the mode design.

Like how the Mad Hatter shots in the The Contaminated Cowl mode are pink - like Batman's cowl.

Or why sometimes the mode shot is the GADGET targets - because in the episode the mode is based on, Batman is actually using a gadget. Maybe I'm a little dense, maybe not. But it took watching the Catwoman episodes The Purr-fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time to understand the Batman was using both his earplugs and high frequency generator at the point the pin was lighting the GADGET targets. I guess it's hard to watch the display and play the game at the same time.

And how the magnet is used in Fine Feathered Finks/The Penguin’s A Jinx - because in the episode, Penguin uses a magnet to trap Batman and Robin.

Some lost opportunities that I've noticed so far, just minor things -

* The Purr-fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time - Robin has a great one liner - "Catwoman, you are not a nice person." - at the point he is on the teeter-totter. That would have been good for a mode shot.
* Surfing Joker - It would be great if the mode switched to GADGET targets at some preset % complete so that Batman could use his shark spray.
* Chief O'Hara - I need more of Chief O'Hara being an idiot. Maybe a fourth minor villain wizard mode?

We have 80+ more episodes to watch and thousands of more pinball games to play, so I'm sure I'll find some more great subtleties in the game and moments from the show I wish were in the game.

3 months later
#14451 4 years ago

After about 1500 games, I finally got "Light Extra Ball" as a mystery award. It was a bit of a unicorn. I didn't really believe it existed.

1 month later
#14734 4 years ago

While I'm cool with a code update that is primarily foundational housekeeping, I can't help but think if they were going to fix the minor Bookworm sound/video bug why couldn't they have fixed the Mr. Freeze "gadgets screw you, not help you" issue. Especially since that was listed as a fix in the *last* update.

I don't expect a semi-major update until after Elvira cools down but I'm really happy with the game, so I'm not complaining. At least not too much.

1 month later
#15169 4 years ago

What is a 2X 5-Way combo? I've gotten it a couple of times* but I can't find any info on what it is?

* Actually, the only way I know about it is when I reset the high scores. Sometimes I get the combo champ as "2X 5-Way" ...

4 weeks later
#15333 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi All,
After inspecting it again and doing a video I found something....Please tell me what this is suppose to look like.
Thanks.

That looks like the plunger for the diverter gate - it should actually be inserted into that solenoid next to it. If you were to check the gate operation in the solenoid test, I'm pretty sure you will see that it doesn't open and close. The spring looks like mine - pretty flimsily - but the problem there is that the plunger somehow escaped from the solenoid. The spring isn't the problem.

I have my doubts this is the source of your troubles. The diverter gate controls when balls go into the lock - but it isn't part of the rotisserie itself so I don't think it would effect the rotation. But anything is possible.

#15375 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I pretty much ALWAYS continue the major villains until the end. You see way more clips and can get a TON more points. The only time I don't is when its ball 3 and I want the extra ball after beating the second villain.

Agree that continuing is almost always the way to go if you want more points. The deeper levels in the villains almost always have more points than the collect. Unless you have some crazy multiplier on the collect shot - then it’s hard to turn down sometimes.

But if you are more interested in the extra ball or getting villain escape - by all means collect and move to the next villain. No shame in that.

2 months later
#15726 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Someone please explain the gadgets and how to use them. How do you know what gadgets you have and what they will do?

Gadgets are generic - that is, it's not like you get the batarang and the bat shark spray (although I would love to see named gadgets). If you look in the info screen (trap a ball and hold until the info comes up) you'll see a count how many you have. They are all equal.

While you are in a mode, using a gadget generally will complete a mode shot. If multiple mode shots are lit, the left most mode shot will be completed (in order of precedence: left orbit, left ramp, bat cave, right ramp, penguin, right orbit). There are some shots that are gadget proof - like most Egghead mode shots, hurry ups, and jackpot collects.

If you have multiple modes running, the gadget is applied to shots associated with the mode on the primary TV screen.

2 months later
#15946 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok,...anyone seen this...?? Its gone after a power cycle...
[quoted image]

If you do a search through the forum, you'll see a number of people have gotten this. It appears to be a glitch - I haven't seen any definitive reasons for it or solutions. I got it a couple of times in the first couple of months I had the game. I haven't seen it in a long time. I also did disconnect/re-reconnect the villain vision at one point for other reasons - I certainly haven't seen that message since then. Maybe it has something to do with a loose connection to the device? Don't really know, other than I don't get it anymore.

1 month later
#16093 3 years ago

Like many, I would like an additional round of major villain episodes - but as someone just said, space might be an issue. I would also like a system setting that would allow for a random selection of the episodes. For example, you wouldn't know which Catwoman you were battling until you answered the phone. I know many people might not like that and it wouldn't be a good tournament setting but it would be a good option to have.

3 months later
#16374 3 years ago

I saw something in the Feature Audits that I've never read about before (and I did a search through this thread) - there are statistics in the audits for 2 episodes that aren't in the game, at least not that I've ever heard about.

The episodes are Catwoman 83/84 (Catwoman Goes to College) and Joker 118 (The Joker's Flying Saucer). I watched The Joker's Flying Saucer; it was truly horrendous.

I'm assuming these aren't in the game but I did some poking around to see if they were easter eggs or hidden modes. Of course, I wasn't able to trigger them. My first thought was to finish both Catwomen modes completely to see if a third would open up - nope, didn't do anything. The Joker's Flying Saucer did have a clock in the episode - a bomb goes off at midnight. Maybe it's some sort of Midnight Madness easter egg? Again, probably not!

Has this discussion come up before? Like I said, I did some digging but didn't find anything.

1 week later
#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Thank you! I looked all over Marco and didn't use the right words.
For reference, only the entire ramp assembly part number is in the manual... that's always my first place to look.

My PDF of the manual *kind of* has the part number - page 48, the exploded assembly diagrams of the ramps. Strangely enough, it doesn't have the exact number; it has an XX as the final section of the number. I guess you have to measure the part you are replacing to get the right part since Marco says that's the difference between the 2 part numbers.

1 year later
#17094 2 years ago

I've had Batman for about 3 years - I finally hit the left ramp with a backhand shot from the left flipper. Of course, I couldn't do it a second time. I consider it the most perfect shot of my pinball life.

2 weeks later
#17183 2 years ago

Minor thing but I wished they would have fixed how gadgets work with Mr. Freeze. I haven't loaded the new software yet but since it's not in the read me, I'm assuming it still works the same crappy way.

1 week later
#17274 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not yet, I was hoping someone would walk me through the adjustment, there is a post that shows a screw at the bottom of the crane assembly but I didn't see any instructions on what to do.

There really isn't much to walk through. That screw holds a tab that moves with the assembly through the optos. If you loosen the screw, you can adjust the tab side to side. That controls when the tab enters the optos relative to the entire crane assembly. If you adjust one way, the tab will enter the optos earlier, the other way, the tab will enter the optos later. You'll need to experiment to figure out which direction you need to adjust to center your crane on the inserts - I don't recall offhand.

I did it with my crane - this, combined with adjusting the lag in the menu settings, did the trick.

9 months later
#17833 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Can you guys regularly backhand the left ramp? I

Since I've had the machine (and probably 1000+ plays) I've done it once from a cradle. In one of the deadflip videos Lyman was doing it with regularity on that particular machine but he and Jack pretty much said it wasn't a shot that was really repeatable with a typically setup machine.

Honestly, I almost never try it at this point - it was clear on my machine it wasn't meant to be.

1 year later
#18471 4 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK just to clarify further, here's a video of what it is that I am experiencing:

This is happening with both 1.10 and 1.11. While it might not be noticeable in some modes, what I've observed is it really sticks out when a good number of inserts are lit, or perhaps one or more modes are going at the same time.
Again, anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing the same "freeze" or delay on the lighted inserts when hitting the batmobile on 1.11. It appeared to be mode dependent - but I didn't take the glass off and start forcing all the different scenarios. And I could be wrong about that. I didn't ever really play on 1.10, so I can't say when it started.

#18473 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are all thes problems hardware dependent? Do the people with problems have early bm66 builds with maybe older style node boards? Or is this behaviour across the board? Didn’t stern say this fixes the problem with certain machines?

I have a Dec 2018 build.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iohonnes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=iohonnes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.