Topic Stats

• 14,652 posts
  • 548 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 215 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,170 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3545 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191017_130548 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191017_130713 (resized).jpg
Bat Copter Installed (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
Board Set Under the Platfield (resized).jpg
Overview of Bat Copter (resized).jpg
IMG-20191013-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191013_184145 (resized).jpg
BA97A0F8-107D-4077-B3DF-98CD6827EF76 (resized).jpeg
CB6F95C0-4BAF-4A09-BD55-A26D728BB77A (resized).jpeg
37C12AEF-440E-4127-B25A-9220071DEBBA (resized).jpeg
30339673-5806-4FEA-AA6A-BAFBC579FE9D (resized).jpeg
20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg
20175E4A-6449-45AB-8077-2DFC194618A5 (resized).jpeg
6D8EF379-11FC-4DB8-A72C-DF6691EA4F2E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14652 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 294.
#12451 8 months ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

Perfect! It puts a smile on everyone’s face who has played it. It complements my WOZ. I’m currently looking for one more for a trifecta. Almost had with Iron Maiden. ( I thought was excellent, family not so much) thinking about AFM.

#12452 8 months ago

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

BM66 was my first pin also, I now have a three pin collection. I’ve had a total,of 6 different pins in my collection and BM66 has remained through all the changes. I am seriously thinking of going for Willy Wonka as my next pin and I am not close to considering BM66 as one I’ll sell to finance that purchase. This has been such a fun game to customize too, there are lots of cool things to add this table.

#12453 8 months ago

By mid March I’ll be at BM66, Beatles and two Em’s with an eye on another new release from either Stern , JJP or American. We’ll see how that feels for awhile.

#12454 7 months ago

I too have a small collection; three pins only. I just posted my Monopoly and South Park to help finance BM66 (TZ is staying put; I love that one!).

Here's hoping...

#12455 7 months ago

Just had an epic game. Took about 45 minutes. It’s crucial to finish the minor villians in a strategic order. Played the “Villian Escape”, “Gas Attack” and “Robin Holy” wizard modes during the game.

961997C8-9572-47D1-BB1E-E2C148D7B9AC (resized).jpegC83EEACA-7694-4A83-A759-2B5E9B5CCA46 (resized).jpeg
#12456 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just had an epic game. Took about 45 minutes. It’s crucial to finish the minor villians in a strategic order. Played the “Villian Escape”, “Gas Attack” and “Robin Holy” wizard modes during the game.

HOLY BALLS BATMAN!!!!!

#12457 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Still seeing the game as a keeper or are the long games eventually going to wear you down?

#12458 7 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Still seeing the game as a keeper or are the long games eventually going to wear you down?

Good luck on the consistent long games... definitely not the norm on this one...but when you make your shots...

#12459 7 months ago

Batman has turned my 20 pin collection into a 2 or 3 pin collection.
I play it so much now that most of the others get neglected because I’m too tired to play them after Batman.

If you like the theme, it’s a great choice for a NIB game.

#12460 7 months ago

Officially joined the club today- yeah!
I had my BM66 scheduled to arrive today and got the call this morning that my Munsters LE had just arrived.
Both pins showed up this afternoon and man, they are a blast.

BM66 definitely has the much deeper code and polish.
It’s a beautiful looking pin and I love the theme integration.
I’m looking forward to putting some serious time on this awesome title this weekend.

I’ve also attached a pic of my 4 newest additions- all very different playing games but I feel Stern is making some amazing looking pins.

18F2020A-98A9-4DE5-94D2-E29BC556FD7F (resized).jpeg54548E67-9681-4011-A577-5550462970E0 (resized).jpeg
#12461 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

I had my BM66 scheduled to arrive today and got the call this morning that my Munsters LE had just arrived.
I’m looking forward to putting some serious time on this awesome title this weekend.
I’ve also attached a pic of my 4 newest additions- all very different playing games but I feel Stern is making some amazing looking pins. [quoted image][quoted image]

I see you got a signed card too, lucky guy!

Rob

#12462 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’ve also attached a pic of my 4 newest additions- all very different playing games but I feel Stern is making some amazing looking pins. [quoted image][quoted image]

You certainly have a wow factor new collection. I would really love to hear your go to order in say a month of play. Specifically Batman to Munsters. No spoilers as I Really do want to hear your opinion but I must sadly admit I think Lyman really spoiled us with BM66. I played Munsters for several hours yet I found myself going back to BM even though its been here over a year now. Dam you Lyman!! lol Not a Munsters hate by any means just hard to top or compare it to the total package of BM but I guess time will tell. Congrats on a Great new lineup!!!

#12463 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

We are now in (2x) clubs together!!! Truly believe after the dust settles that your new adds will bring completely different, fun experiences to your gameroom.

BM66 has turned into a monster, and never tired of playing it for an evening. Suspect MunstersLE will be a more relaxed ride.....you are the man!!!..mark

#12464 7 months ago

Ok so anyone who decides to leave the club with a nice standard edition around $6800 PM me. Maybe I trade something, I don't know. Grew up watching Adam West, owned a BDK and sold it awhile back, time for Batman to come home.

#12465 7 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Ok so anyone who decides to leave the club with a nice standard edition around $6800 PM me. Maybe I trade something, I don't know. Grew up watching Adam West, owned a BDK and sold it awhile back, time for Batman to come home.

These don't come up very often. I've been watching and waiting for a while. I think this has become a NIB only purchase!

#12466 7 months ago

Thanks Yelobird and Mark, appreciate it!
I really dig this hobby and think there been some great new releases.

BM66 is such an epic pin with possibly some of the best theme integration ever done.
No doubt that Lyman really upped his game with this title.
Hoping Munsters gets further polish but I agree, it’s going to likely be a more simple and relaxed ride.

#12467 7 months ago

Are there any distributors that currently have NIB BM66 in stock?

#12468 7 months ago

Are there any distributors that currently have NIB BM66 in stock?

I thought Zach at FlipN-Out pinball said they had some but not positive as these do fly off the shelf. I do know he told me they were making another Stern run in March so you could get a Really fresh one! lol

#12469 7 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Part of the problem #Badbilly27 is that your looking for a Standard and they didn't make any! lol Premium and up only. You know you can come over Anytime you need a BM66 fix. Heck I can even show what it looks like in the box!! lol

#12470 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Part of the problem #Badbilly27 is that your looking for a Standard and they didn't make any! lol Premium and up only. You know you can come over Anytime you need a BM66 fix. Heck I can even show what it looks like in the box!! lol

I'm too cheap to buy NIB LE anymore. They priced me out of that market sad to say. Plus you know me. I buy the game, buy all the mods, and never install them!! I'm just better off buying HOU after someone put their TLC and mods into it.

#12471 7 months ago

Looking for a little help. I want to connect a mod to an open spot on the power supply I have. The harness came with the same molex connection thats on the power supply (individual pic). I need to convert it to one like the second pic (with red and black wires) so it will work. Or find another way to connect. Any suggestions would be appreciated, not that great with electrical.

IMG_5708 (resized).JPGIMG_5709 (resized).JPG

IMG_5710 (resized).JPG
#12472 7 months ago

This was mentioned in an earlier post, that new games ship with the "left ramp flap" and "bat girl ball diverter." What about a game that did not include these parts? I can find the "left ramp flap" cover part on Marco Specialties, but what about the ball diverter? Anyone know where someone could find one of these?

bat-girl-diverter (resized).JPG
#12473 7 months ago
Quoted from Hamdrewburglar:

This was mentioned in an earlier post, that new games ship with the "left ramp flap" and "bat girl ball diverter." What about a game that did not include these parts? I can find the "left ramp flap" cover part on Marco Specialties, but what about the ball diverter? Anyone know where someone could find one of these?
[quoted image]

Call Chas at stern (1-800-kickers) and they should send both parts to you for free if you ask nicely.

#12474 7 months ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Looking for a little help. I want to connect a mod to an open spot on the power supply I have. The harness came with the same molex connection thats on the power supply (individual pic). I need to convert it to one like the second pic (with red and black wires) so it will work. Or find another way to connect. Any suggestions would be appreciated, not that great with electrical.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a few of those style connectors in my toolbox. PM me you address and I'll make an adapter for you and ship it out.

#12475 7 months ago

The games aren't consistently long. I really have to concentrate on keeping the side-to-side motion to a minimum to avoid the outlanes. But once you get this pin humming, it just goes nuts!
One cool thing that I have noticed that I believe is unique on this game: If you get a villain multi-ball running, and then complete the shots to qualify another villain multi-ball while you are playing the first multi, the ball save light starts flashing. When you drain all but one of the balls in the first multi, the second multi starts and it launches all of the balls for the second multi to begin. Really cool feature!

#12476 7 months ago

Sorry if this has already been posted, but . . .

Batman (resized).JPG
#12477 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

One cool thing that I have noticed that I believe is unique on this game: If you get a multi-ball running, and then complete the shots to qualify another multi-ball while you are playing the first multi, the ball save light starts flashing. When you drain all but one of the balls in the first multi, the second multi starts and it launches all of the balls for the second multi to begin. Really cool feature!

What multiballs are you talking about because to my knowledge there is nothing present like this.

#12478 7 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm too cheap to buy NIB LE anymore. They priced me out of that market sad to say. Plus you know me. I buy the game, buy all the mods, and never install them!! I'm just better off buying HOU after someone put their TLC and mods into it.

I thought all the LEs were now sold out???,And also was told only the SLEs and LEs were only getting a signed card???

#12479 7 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

What multiballs are you talking about because to my knowledge there is nothing present like this.

Sorry - I should have said "when you start a villain multiball, and another villain multiball is qualified". I have edited my post for clarity.

"Season" multiballs - obtained by COMPLETING a minor villain from each of the three seasons:
- Batusi
- Gas Attack
- Robin Holy

Main villain multiball obtained by completing all of the main villains:
- Villain Escape

#12480 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The games aren't consistently long. I really have to concentrate on keeping the side-to-side motion to a minimum to avoid the outlanes. But once you get this pin humming, it just goes nuts!
One cool thing that I have noticed that I believe is unique on this game: If you get a villain multi-ball running, and then complete the shots to qualify another villain multi-ball while you are playing the first multi, the ball save light starts flashing. When you drain all but one of the balls in the first multi, the second multi starts and it launches all of the balls for the second multi to begin. Really cool feature!

Great, thanks for the response. Awesome game by the way. I've seen your scores in the TNA and DI threads as well (I've watched you play with OWL on stream too). So when are you turning pro? Seriously though, great scores on those games.

#12481 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I thought all the LEs were now sold out???,And also was told only the SLEs and LEs were only getting a signed card???

I know an enterprising couple in Illinois who sell atomic pile mods that has an LE still in box. Not sure how much he would.let it go for but everyman has a price so make him an offer if you want one.

Mr West supposed signed 500 cards for Stern so after the 80 SLE's and 240 LE's were done there were 180 leftover signed cards that Stern said it would put on random premiums. Everyone assumed thise signed cards were put in the first premiums made way back in 2016.

Flash forward to last December and Stern announces that they have 50 signed cards left and they would be put them on the last 50 premiums made that month as a sales promotion. That's how some people getting NIB now are getting signed cards.

#12482 7 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

These don't come up very often. I've been watching and waiting for a while. I think this has become a NIB only purchase!

For those sitting on the fence it’s possible the March run may be your last chance to get a Premium NIB. If you like the theme I sure wouldn’t risk missing out and hoping to save a few dollars by hoping an HUO comes available near you. Most Batman fans that own one seem pretty confident the game is a keeper.

#12483 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sorry - I should have said "when you start a villain multiball, and another villain multiball is qualified". I have edited my post for clarity.
"Season" multiballs - obtained by COMPLETING a minor villain from each of the three seasons:
- Batusi
- Gas Attack
- Robin Holy
Main villain multiball obtained by completing all of the main villains:
- Villain Escape

Ah okay, that makes sense. It's not easy to pull off but you can stack villain escape with a minor villain wizard mode.

You need to bring in or have running the final minor villain needed for a wizard mode into villain escape, then complete that minor villain during the first phase of villain escape, then shoot the saucer to get the wizard mode select screen. Oh and you need Mr Freeze's power running to stop the phase 1 villain escape timer to make it worth it.

I've only done it once but it REALLY built up my villain escape value to the point where I made 8B+ without even getting the super, assumably the super would have been around 8B as well.

#12484 7 months ago

Great, thanks for the response. Awesome game by the way. I've seen your scores in the TNA and DI threads as well (I've watched you play with OWL on stream too). So when are you turning pro? Seriously though, great scores on those games.

Thanks for watching! It's really great hearing that someone has enjoyed watching us play. I'm extremely fortunate to have Owlnonymous as a pinball buddy!

I wish I was good enough to go pro. I seem to have my best games when offstream - I pay more attention and slow down a lot, like letting the ball bounce off of the flippers and settle to gain control etc. I rarely place in the top 3 in tournaments.
I love it when I blow up a game like I did on Batman last night. What a rush! Owl used to jokingly accuse me of playing with the glass off.

#12485 7 months ago

Can someone explain the 3 minor villain wizard modes. I've played all 3, and haven't noticed much difference in scoring. Is one best for scoring?

#12486 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Wow...Holy Node board Batman! I think all the modern Sterns are fun as heck to shoot. In saying that I always have a worry in the back of my head about the Node board issues I've read about. I'm glad I only have the one BM66 to worry about. After a recent code update I couldn't get it to boot. Finally after a few restarts it did and has been working fine ever since. Thought I almost joined the club.

#12487 7 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Can someone explain the 3 minor villain wizard modes. I've played all 3, and haven't noticed much difference in scoring. Is one best for scoring?

I'd say that depends on which shot multipliers you have going, if you have a big one on the turntable I'd go with gas attack, (center shot over and over with roving SJP) if you don't have much going on I'd do Batusi, (no shot multiplier for SJP as it's at the saucer) if you have general shot multipliers go for holy multiball. (SJP is at the center but there are many more normal JPs all around)

Read the wiki at tiltforums if you want to go deeper.

#12488 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Premiums are now thats all available NIB. The rest are HOU.

#12489 7 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

Wow...Holy Node board Batman! I think all the modern Sterns are fun as heck to shoot. In saying that I always have a worry in the back of my head about the Node board issues I've read about. I'm glad I only have the one BM66 to worry about.

Node board concerns are my biggest worry about Batman long term. I’m going to look at putting some rubber mounting grommets on the playfield node boards to reduce any vibration impact. I have a couple spares for node 8 and 9 and considering getting some of the game specific boards.

I want Munsters and Elvira but the long term reliability of the node boards have me considering the wisdom of future NIB purchases.

I love Batman enough that I’m thinking of buying a NIB Premium as a backup (which is probably over the top extreme)

#12490 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I love Batman enough that I’m thinking of buying a NIB Premium as a backup (which is probably over the top extreme)

Now you're just making me look cheap.

#12491 7 months ago

And... I've put a game on hold!

Right when I said I wasn't going to be buying any more pinball machines haha!

#12492 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Would that I could. I honestly would have an Iron Maiden and am interested in the Munsters as well..Just buying an entire game room full of NIB Sterns has me thinking twice given how expensive the Node boards are. Also availability is a concern years down the road even more than price of the boards. I'm sure someone will reverse engineer these things at some point.

#12493 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

And... I've put a game on hold!
Right when I said I wasn't going to be buying any more pinball machines haha!

crwjumper why the downvote???

#12494 7 months ago

Got my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.

Everything is great except one issue - the crane doesn't center on the targets when rotates counter clockwise (the direction towards the home position). I've done a search through Pinside and found some other folks with the same issue but I couldn't find a solution or fix. It's not the worst thing in the world but it does smack the hanging ball into the side when going to the home position and when it's in the first position (in front of the right loop), it's close enough to the side that it hangs up balls in play. Any suggestions?

IMG_2200 (resized).JPGIMG_2197 (resized).JPGIMG_2201 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPG
#12495 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

crwjumper why the downvote???

Just clumsy. Was supposed to be an upvote. Go for it!!!

#12496 7 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just clumsy. Was supposed to be an upvote. Go for it!!!

Hahaha figured. Yup, I'm doing it!

#12497 7 months ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Got my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.
Everything is great except one issue - the crane doesn't center on the targets when rotates counter clockwise (the direction towards the home position). I've done a search through Pinside and found some other folks with the same issue but I couldn't find a solution or fix. It's not the worst thing in the world but it does smack the hanging ball into the side when going to the home position and when it's in the first position (in front of the right loop), it's close enough to the side that it hangs up balls in play. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Underneath the plate that covers the crane mechanism is a small board with optos. A arm with a metal tab passes through the optos to stop over each playfield insert. (You can see this action in the test mech menu for the crane or turntable) The metal flag has a screw on the bottom to loosen or tighten that tab which has a cut out to advance or retard the crane mech when it passses over the inserts or going to the far end or home position. It will take a little patience to get it corrected. Some have even added a very small amount of tape slightly larger than the metal tab to help it to stop it before it slams over to the stop position.

#12498 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha figured. Yup, I'm doing it!

Fantastic! You’ll love it!!!

#12499 7 months ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Everything is great except one issue - the crane doesn't center on the targets when rotates counter clockwise (the direction towards the home position). I've done a search through Pinside and found some other folks with the same issue but I couldn't find a solution or fix. It's not the worst thing in the world but it does smack the hanging ball into the side when going to the home position and when it's in the first position (in front of the right loop), it's close enough to the side that it hangs up balls in play. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Go to the service menu and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment setting to zero and power cycle the machine.

#12500 7 months ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Wow talk about a generation game room jump! You really leaped forward and you couldn't have picked a better game to jump forward with. Congrats and love those old titles too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 14652 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 294.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside