Topic Stats

• 15,544 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Bartzenegger
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

batcat (resized).jpg
166e4fcab50b21e00aa7ac0c4b79c73b69df5dc8 (resized).jpg
20200215_141106 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200211_184312 (resized).jpg
55BF4C3F-3B8F-43FF-A6D2-A860D94159ED (resized).jpeg
flash (resized).JPG
20200209_121310 (resized).jpg
20200209_114529 (resized).jpg
20200205_231750 (resized).jpg
20200205_231712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_210745_01 (resized).jpg
20200205_195810 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_193505_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_183718_01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 15544 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 311.
#15151 70 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ah okay, I’ve put my bat signal behind the top pop bumper, mini phone where the bat signal is on the SLE, mini bust over near Alfred which I’m going to fit a small red LED into the head and glue it open.
So because of that I’m probably going to mount the Batcycle w/sidecar on the plastic above the right ramp curve, batboat in shooter and batgirl over on the batgirl plastic as I’m not adding the hallmark figures.
Node board is on going, I have a replacement on the way through my distributor currently working out if I’m going to be charged for it. If I am I’ll certainly be speaking to Stern about it and they will likely loose all my future business.

Good luck with your Node board. Please keep us posted.

#15152 69 days ago

Ok maybe someone can help me make sure I am understanding things correctly. I sure think I am, but ....

My mini spinning play field, the right joker target has NEVER worked. I just pulled it out again. The tabs of the leaf switch on the right
joker target are shorted to each other. Meaning I get a beep and like 1.6 ohms. The left target this is not the case. It beeps when I actually push the target, but not when it sits idle.

Somehow I manage to get the right joker target mostly removed, and there is not a single piece of that leaf switch touching each other. If I had a wiring issue down the line, wouldn't both targets be shorted to each other, or non functional? I guess it's possible that the leaf switch is bad, but it's just 2 pieces of metal, haha, how can it actually be bad?

So I go over to the 2 bat phone targets. They test out how I would expect them to. The tabs have no continuity until I push the target.

#15153 69 days ago

Well I tested my own question on another unit. There should not be continuity on the previously mentioned switch. Now I need to track it down. Maybe its in the molex.

#15154 69 days ago

Ok, well I took the freaking leaf switch, mounting bracket, everything apart on that stupid right joker target.

I have drawn the conclusion that it is a manufacturer defect. By an 1/8" or less. But the target does not sit high enough.

It gets caught/stuck on the edge of the playfield and sticks the leaf switch closed. I tried shaving down the plastic a little with a razor blade, but not enough yet. If it were 1/16" higher it would be fine. (I think).

#15155 69 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok, well I took the freaking leaf switch, mounting bracket, everything apart on that stupid right joker target.
I have drawn the conclusion that it is a manufacturer defect. By an 1/8" or less. But the target does not sit high enough.
It gets caught/stuck on the edge of the playfield and sticks the leaf switch closed. I tried shaving down the plastic a little with a razor blade, but not enough yet. If it were 1/16" higher it would be fine. (I think).

Sadly that Joker target has been a well documented sticking point of issue. Several have posted solutions for it and hope you find one that works. On mine the target simply always got stuck behind the other target mount causing it to be constantly locked. A bend here, a bend there and its been fine since. Good luck!

#15156 68 days ago

Also, you could contact Stern directly and ask them to purchase the new remedied Joker target that they now install in the Catwoman edition. Works like a champ with zero issues. They fixed the frame work behind the target to not allow the targets to get stuck, by creating a new and better setup.

#15157 66 days ago

Alas a Sad day in the Batcave. Happened on the rare opportunity Marco advertised offering a NIB Batman 66LE and jumped at the opportunity. Sadly when he arrived poor #24 was topperless and looked like he lost his last battle fighting the Penguin... Appears a Few fork trucks drove through the cabinet in some kind of dynamic duo rodeo to end its beautiful future fighting crime. Very sad but he was returned to more then likely be retired to a parts bin to never fight again. All good we still love our game just looked like an amazing and rare opportunity. Guess the LE count is sadly one less now for added market value.

IMG_4475 (resized).jpgIMG_4480 (resized).jpgIMG_4481 (resized).jpg
#15158 66 days ago

Geez, you should have posted with the disclaimer,"The following photos are not for the squeamish..."

#15159 66 days ago

My BM66 is doing some funky stuff. GI seems to be flicking on and off, turntable stops in the wrong position, and switches seem to be triggering on their own.

Anyone have this happen?

Any thoughts?

#15160 66 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Alas a Sad day in the Batcave. Happened on the rare opportunity Marco advertised offering a NIB Batman 66LE and jumped at the opportunity. Sadly when he arrived poor #24 was topperless and looked like he lost his last battle fighting the Penguin... Appears a Few fork trucks drove through the cabinet in some kind of dynamic duo rodeo to end its beautiful future fighting crime. Very sad but he was returned to more then likely be retired to a parts bin to never fight again. All good we still love our game just looked like an amazing and rare opportunity. Guess the LE count is sadly one less now for added market value.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Or it will get shipped back to Stern and they will fix it if they still have parts.

Rob

#15161 66 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Or it will get shipped back to Stern and they will fix it if they still have parts.
Rob

Do hope so. Would be sad to see one of these not find a home. Sadly that amount of damage was outside of my comfort zone and with no topper it was nothing more then a Premium to me. Sad day but major props to Marco, they took care of it without question or issue. Great company.

#15162 66 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Alas a Sad day in the Batcave. Happened on the rare opportunity Marco advertised offering a NIB Batman 66LE and jumped at the opportunity. Sadly when he arrived poor #24 was topperless and looked like he lost his last battle fighting the Penguin... Appears a Few fork trucks drove through the cabinet in some kind of dynamic duo rodeo to end its beautiful future fighting crime. Very sad but he was returned to more then likely be retired to a parts bin to never fight again. All good we still love our game just looked like an amazing and rare opportunity. Guess the LE count is sadly one less now for added market value.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t you already have a second BM66LE NIB stored somewhere? Would this have made 3 LEs in your house?

#15163 66 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t you already have a second BM66LE NIB stored somewhere? Would this have made 3 LEs in your house?

Hey!! lol I'm not a hoarder! I actually moved that one on in trade to a great collector on the East coast. This just seemed like a rare opportunity plus, how many Batmans is to many? Still LOVE this game.

#15164 66 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey!! lol I'm not a hoarder! I actually moved that one on in trade to a great collector on the East coast. This just seemed like a rare opportunity plus, how many Batmans is to many? Still LOVE this game.

Haha I was just curious if you had 3 of these now

#15165 66 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do hope so. Would be sad to see one of these not find a home. Sadly that amount of damage was outside of my comfort zone and with no topper it was nothing more then a Premium to me. Sad day but major props to Marco, they took care of it without question or issue. Great company.

The good news is unless I am missing something, the damage appears to be only on the bottom panel. Not saying I would have kept it, but it should hopefully be an easy fix for Stern or someone with moderate woodworking ability. Bummer for you either way, but good to hear Marco is taking care of you. They are good people and always great to work with. They do so much for our hobby, and deserve more credit than they get around here.

I was pretty nervous when my GOTG showed up with pretty similar looking damage to the carton. Thankfully the fork only went in far enough to graze the cabinet bottom. There is a light scrape/gouge, but thankfully no worse.

#15166 65 days ago

Hi I'm a new owner of a Batman 66 Premium...
I just installed the new code (1.0.5) but in the description it say that:

"Fixed the size of the "HOW TO PLAY PINBALL" video clips in attract mode so they fit properly inside the TV."

but I can not see any kind of instructions in the attract mode (like the ones I have on Deadpool)... Do you have them or not?

thanks from italy

#15167 65 days ago

If memory serves, you need to have the instructions video enabled in your settings.

Also, the description is not too clear as to where this video shows; it plays on the main LCD screen inside a video depiction of an old TV screen, not the Villain Vision screen on the playfield.

At any rate, enjoy your new pin, and welcome to the club!

#15168 65 days ago

how I can enable them in the setting?

#15169 65 days ago

What is a 2X 5-Way combo? I've gotten it a couple of times* but I can't find any info on what it is?

* Actually, the only way I know about it is when I reset the high scores. Sometimes I get the combo champ as "2X 5-Way" ...

#15170 65 days ago
Quoted from enzopasciuti:

how I can enable them in the setting?

Go into the Service Menu, then Adjustments, then Standard Adjustments; it's #66.

#15171 65 days ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

What is a 2X 5-Way combo? I've gotten it a couple of times* but I can't find any info on what it is?
* Actually, the only way I know about it is when I reset the high scores. Sometimes I get the combo champ as "2X 5-Way" ...

It means you did a 5 way combo twice in one game.

#15172 61 days ago

Finally my Batman will arrive Saturday. Woohoo.

Cant wait to play it, mod it a little and smile.

Happy Holidays ALL.

#15173 61 days ago

I have kind of an odd ball issue with my game. The left flipper button had been a little clunky at times, now it is popping out off the game. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried to remove the button by taking the bolt off the inside; however, I was not able to get the thing loose. I assume I can order a replacement button no problem, my concern being able to get the original removed. Any feedback would be appreciated. (Amazingly there are no You-Tube videos out there on how to replace a flipper button on a Stern pinball machine.)

#15174 61 days ago
Quoted from poolman962:

I have kind of an odd ball issue with my game. The left flipper button had been a little clunky at times, now it is popping out off the game. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried to remove the button by taking the bolt off the inside; however, I was not able to get the thing loose. I assume I can order a replacement button no problem, my concern being able to get the original removed. Any feedback would be appreciated. (Amazingly there are no You-Tube videos out there on how to replace a flipper button on a Stern pinball machine.)

...but there are:

They are swapping in an LED lit button so there's some wiring shown, but besides that it's the same.

#15175 61 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What's up with the no topper issue? Did they have an explanation for that?

#15176 61 days ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

What's up with the no topper issue? Did they have an explanation for that?

It was lost of damaged which to me made this damaged game nothing more then a Premium sadly.

#15177 60 days ago

I'm hoping someone can help me with an upgrade. I'd like to purchase speaker lights and upgraded speakers. I'm getting a little confused.

If I go to Flipper Fidelity's website, they have about 10 different options for BM'66. With Coax, without Coax, etc. I'm not sure which one I need?

https://flipperfidelity.com/sorted-by-game/stern-games/batman/?sort=alphaasc&page=1

I want to replace all three speakers. I see I also have to choose the "I have speaker lights" or "I don't have speaker lights" option before checking out. I guess I would just choose that I have speaker lights and then they take care of reducing the spacer ring?

Any suggestions on speaker lights? I want them to be purple and don't care about any other colors. I'd also like an acrylic batman logo that you can see through the lights.

Anyone have any experience with this type of upgrade? I just hate buying stuff and it being wrong or I find out I don't have all the parts.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

#15178 60 days ago

I bought this set from FF.

https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-speaker-system-with-8-high-output-woofer-for-spike-2-with-lcd-display/

They also have a set with a 10" woofer. However my set came with black (preferred) surround material not red. Since I was using Yelobird's speaker light kit I purchased the option with NO speaker lights installed. Yelobird's speaker lights are very flat and require the added speaker ring for support. I'm not sure why the set with black surround material is not shown. Maybe out of stock? I painted the center silver to mimic Sterns Super LE. Best bet is to contact Mike and tell him exactly what you're looking for. If you have a specific speaker light set in mind that'll help also.

IMAG0604 (resized).jpgIMAG0605 (resized).jpgIMAG0615 (resized).jpg
#15179 60 days ago

I purchased flipper fidelity set and wasn’t that happy with them. So purchased pinwoofer and that system made all the difference in my B66 sound. In fact night and day between the two.

Purchased lights too, but after a while got tired of seeing speaker lights reflecting off the glass, which made it much more difficult to properly see the PF. Took them off. So much better.

#15180 60 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Purchased lights too, but after a while got tired of seeing speaker lights reflecting off the glass, which made it much more difficult to properly see the PF. Took them off. So much better.

Any kind of speaker lights requires getting the bent plastic from PBL in my opinion.....

#15181 60 days ago

Any BM66 Catwoman owners got a spare Catwoman translite? Would love to have one framed next to my LE.

And Merry Christmas everyone!

#15182 59 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I purchased flipper fidelity set and wasn’t that happy with them. So purchased pinwoofer and that system made all the difference in my B66 sound. In fact night and day between the two.

I don't know what type of speaker lights you were using, but all of the light kits I sell have adjustable brightness.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#15183 59 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know what type of speaker lights you were using, but all of the light kits I sell have adjustable brightness.

Hi Doug,

I am home from my 10 day contract, about to go out again. I am going to do the dual bundle. I cant wait get that lit up.

Thanks for the time and patience from this newbie.

#15184 59 days ago

+1 on Doug's speaker lights

#15185 58 days ago

If I go with the ones from speakerlightkits.com, what do I need as far as spacers? When you checkout with FF, they have a drop down if you have speaker lights or if you don't.

I'm assuming if I bought the ones from SpeakerLightKits, then I would just choose the "I have speaker lights" when ordering from FF?

I was looking at this set of speakers and this light kit along with the BM66 acrylic speaker insert things.:

https://flipperfidelity.com/meaty-beaty-big-and-bassy-10-3-way-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/

http://speakerlightkits.com/Type-11.html

#15186 58 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

If I go with the ones from speakerlightkits.com, what do I need as far as spacers? When you checkout with FF, they have a drop down if you have speaker lights or if you don't.
I'm assuming if I bought the ones from SpeakerLightKits, then I would just choose the "I have speaker lights" when ordering from FF?
I was looking at this set of speakers and this light kit along with the BM66 acrylic speaker insert things.:
https://flipperfidelity.com/meaty-beaty-big-and-bassy-10-3-way-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/
http://speakerlightkits.com/Type-11.html

In that case you would want to choose "I have Speaker Lights" when buying those speakers from Flipper Fidelity.

This choice was originally added to let them know if you wanted the speakers to have spacer rings attached to the front of the speakers or not. Spacers ARE needed for those speakers, but if you are using one of my Speaker Light Kits....the light frames work as the needed spacers. Keep in mind, the attached spacers CAN be used along with the speaker lights EXCEPT for SPIKE 1 and SPIKE 2 games, where space is tight behind the right speaker. That is why, I believe, he only has that choice for his SPIKE 1 and SPIKE 2 speakers.

Recently, I have heard reports that FF had started using removable spacers again. In my opinion, that is the way it should be. Then a user has the spacer for the speaker if they need it (now or later), but it can be easily removed and not used if they have speaker lights and don't need it.

You will also want to look here and see some other info about installing some aftermarket speakers with my light kits. It describes that you will also need to remove the bars that cover the speaker holes on the factory speaker plates or buy a pair of my replacement 4" speaker plates that already have the bars removed.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

#15187 57 days ago

I received a replacement set of joker targets from stern.

I am going to replace the right target today. I will have the rotating mini play field out.

I have pulled this target once before, what I believe must have been the hard way. Haha

If anyone has advice on an easy way to pull this right joker target, I’m all ears.

#15188 57 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I received a replacement set of joker targets from stern.
I am going to replace the right target today. I will have the rotating mini play field out.
I have pulled this target once before, what I believe must have been the hard way. Haha
If anyone has advice on an easy way to pull this right joker target, I’m all ears.

No advice but if you could take pics and document the process for the rest of us itd be greatly appreciated.

#15189 57 days ago

261 plays on my pin and look what I found today putting on my penguin mod! I sent this to my distributor and he said they should send me a populated playfield. I’m not holding my breath but very sad for a couple months old

09169161-0DB5-40B4-9835-DA4F90E625F6 (resized).jpeg1B07B794-E3B8-4985-8B63-D3DF4F928D58 (resized).jpeg5964794F-D3D6-43BA-87CA-466423C1399F (resized).jpegF831E71C-CD7F-493E-A7C9-04310B5A5CCD (resized).jpeg
#15190 57 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

261 plays on my pin and look what I found today putting on my penguin mod! I sent this to my distributor and he said they should send me a populated playfield. I’m not holding my breath but very sad for a couple months old[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to see that.
What’s the date of manufacture for your game?

#15191 57 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to see that.
What’s the date of manufacture for your game?

May 26, 2019

I got it late June

#15192 57 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

May 26, 2019
I got it last June

Unfortunately right smack in the middle of the recent playfield art/clear issues. I hope your distributor is successful in getting a populated playfield but it won’t be easy.

#15193 57 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unfortunately right smack in the middle of the recent playfield art/clear issues. I hope your distributor is successful in getting a populated playfield but it won’t be easy.

I’ll definitely never buy NiB stern again if they don’t. Seems pointless to pay over 7k and after a couple months it has an issue like this. My other sterns seems fine but BS if they stand behind their product. I could see if I did something or even if it has 3k plays or something

#15194 57 days ago

You should post those Chipped playfield pics in this thread if you haven’t already:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

I’m on the fence buying a new Stern/JJP until these issues are fixed

#15195 57 days ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

You should post those Chipped playfield pics in this thread if you haven’t already:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern
I’m on the fence buying a new Stern/JJP until these issues are fixed

I haven’t but I can

#15196 57 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ll definitely never buy NiB stern again if they don’t. Seems pointless to pay over 7k and after a couple months it has an issue like this. My other sterns seems fine but BS if they stand behind their product. I could see if I did something or even if it has 3k plays or something

Totally agree. Between this and node board support/availability it just isnt worth the gamble. I have a couple backup boards. If they fail again machines will be fixed and out the door they'll go! Really sorry to Still see owners dealing with this crap.

#15197 57 days ago

Ok it went smoother this time around. I have a few pics. I will probably update a description a little later. I am posting from my ipad, and I hate typing more than necessary from it.

9ECB3D52-1219-4C09-ABBF-46950F4B4C4D (resized).jpegEB4A73C0-9211-4938-BE10-B8CC0AEF5B9B (resized).jpegE2CA7001-DD05-446D-9A26-80C63807C8E2 (resized).jpeg62C2FEA7-03C9-40A4-9A8D-A27FF3533BE0 (resized).jpeg6652AF28-BB54-4829-9875-0D40FF5CD1AF (resized).jpegF544DF06-D8C7-4A45-A9FF-BFEEDE23689E (resized).jpeg
#15198 57 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

261 plays on my pin and look what I found today putting on my penguin mod! I sent this to my distributor and he said they should send me a populated playfield. I’m not holding my breath but very sad for a couple months old[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they really had that ball guide tightened way down a little too much and it wore into the PF as the scoop was taking hits. Hopefully they'll make good on it.

#15199 57 days ago

Ok, I have been working on this for almost 6 months now. My right joker target is still an issue. I will mention that I switched back to my original upper mini spinning play field (catwoman edition), because the POS they sent me is highly used, from the original bm66, and the right target constantly gets stuck.

So I get replacement joker targets and install them today into my unit.

No dice. The right target won't register. Everything is soldererd in perfectly. When I test the target/leaf with my meter, it's open until I push the target and then I get the beep. So it is functioning properly.

I should mention the left target works.

So I measure for continuity between the 2 targets, seeing as it's really just one input being split out into 2 targets.

I don't have continuity between the 2 brown wires. I have continuity between the black/yellow wires on the 2 targets.
So I pull up the other unit I have on hand , for testing, to make sure I am not going crazy.

Both brown wires have continuity, and both black/yellow wires have continuity between the 2 targets.

So I figure crap, I guess I will just run a jumper wire between the 2 brown wires of the 2 joker targets . So I go through that process, now:

neither target registers in test mode.

Neither switch is stuck closed, if I put my meter on either of the switches 2 points, and then hit the target , it then beeps.

Everything is now operating in a way in which I believe should allow it to work perfectly.

Only both targets are behaving like the bad, right target.

Ideas?

#15200 57 days ago

There is a little pcb that the wires from the targets plug into.

On the working (original bm66) mini playfield, there is one brown wire, and one brown/black wire.
The brown is for the joker targets, the brown/black is for an internal target on the playfield.

On my non functioning right joker target playfield(catwoman version), there are 3 wires entering that same pcb.
One brown/black for the internal target on the playfield, and the other two I assume is from the joker targets. I am not sure why this is different, but it appears to either be a mistake, or that the intent was to have separate inputs for the two joker targets.

D95A3D9B-B2A9-4BAC-8FA1-1BAEA302592D (resized).jpegA1B19BC5-A462-402A-9B8F-B86F3122D065 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 15544 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 311.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside