IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 374.
#17051 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. Does the entire TV need to be removed from the playfield to do this? I see two screws at the top of the tv but not sure if that will let me in there

It's been a long time since I had to remove mine. But looking at my game it looks like maybe it's attached to a plate on the bottom via 2 screws?

#17052 2 years ago

Villain Vision... wish it did more.

Rob

#17053 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Villain Vision... wish it did more.
Rob

At least it does more than Oi Mania.

#17054 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked. I'm going to dump the red IC Card and put a Lenticular Card in its place I think.

I have a lenticular card on mine and it's really hard to read regardless of the angle.

#17055 2 years ago

Newest member of the club. Holy cow what a Christmas present!

IMG_1705 (resized).JPGIMG_1705 (resized).JPG
#17056 2 years ago

Holy Bat-gift Batman!

Enjoy!

#17057 2 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Newest member of the club. Holy cow what a Christmas present!
[quoted image]

Nice! Get that through Chris?

#17058 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Nice! Get that through Chris?

Sure did! Chris is awesome to work with.

#17059 2 years ago

I just got my BM66!!

#17060 2 years ago

F520D535-C0E7-4DB7-B35C-673811EB3C9F (resized).jpegF520D535-C0E7-4DB7-B35C-673811EB3C9F (resized).jpeg8F24F5D0-8231-4C77-AD25-DD3EDF9E1066 (resized).jpeg8F24F5D0-8231-4C77-AD25-DD3EDF9E1066 (resized).jpeg7AD421EE-C8EE-46E6-B050-A989199B2446 (resized).jpeg7AD421EE-C8EE-46E6-B050-A989199B2446 (resized).jpeg

#17061 2 years ago

I'm having an issue with the top diverter (?) sometimes it will allow the ball to shoot around (holding the left flipper button and action button) but other times it'll rattle and catch on that diverter and the ball will get stuck.

#17062 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm having an issue with the top diverter (?) sometimes it will allow the ball to shoot around (bay holding the left button and action button) but other times it'll rattle and catch on that diverter and the ball will get stuck.

Can you post a picture of the diverter? My machine came secondhand and I eventually found out via this thread that the diverter flap was screwed to the wrong side of the post, meaning it was on the player side rather than the backbox side of the post. That gave the ball a little uneven spot to rest on. Switched it around and it’s been perfect since.

Congrats on the machine! I know it’s been a long time coming!

Edit: actually yours looks correct from this picture, so this may not be the issue. Either way, if you can snag a good picture of that area we can compare.

93F426EA-92A4-45BF-8EF0-6C76507F18AE (resized).jpeg93F426EA-92A4-45BF-8EF0-6C76507F18AE (resized).jpeg
#17063 2 years ago

Got myself a $15 topper from hobby lobby today. $11 for the topper, $4 for the stand. I think it looks pretty good.

6CBE231A-CAE3-4D25-B4E7-1C3CE1874648 (resized).jpeg6CBE231A-CAE3-4D25-B4E7-1C3CE1874648 (resized).jpeg
#17064 2 years ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Got myself a $15 topper from hobby lobby today. $11 for the topper, $4 for the stand.

Toppers are getting way too expensive these days …

#17065 2 years ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Got myself a $15 topper from hobby lobby today. $11 for the topper, $4 for the stand. I think it looks pretty good.
[quoted image]

That’s the way to do it!

#17066 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Can you post a picture of the diverter? My machine came secondhand and I eventually found out via this thread that the diverter flap was screwed to the wrong side of the post, meaning it was on the player side rather than the backbox side of the post. That gave the ball a little uneven spot to rest on. Switched it around and it’s been perfect since.
Congrats on the machine! I know it’s been a long time coming!
Edit: actually yours looks correct from this picture, so this may not be the issue. Either way, if you can snag a good picture of that area we can compare.[quoted image]

B1585700-8652-4A4D-A1E4-0C84FC6D23D0 (resized).jpegB1585700-8652-4A4D-A1E4-0C84FC6D23D0 (resized).jpeg4878F602-981A-4B36-959A-97FAD3A47676 (resized).jpeg4878F602-981A-4B36-959A-97FAD3A47676 (resized).jpeg14A60210-42AD-4EBD-91B5-E5E9EF03B825 (resized).jpeg14A60210-42AD-4EBD-91B5-E5E9EF03B825 (resized).jpeg

#17067 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all Batfans!!

#17068 2 years ago

I was getting stuck ball here, found there were 1-2 wires hanging down, can almost see the wire in the second picture.

I reached my finger in to push them up seems to be better now.

975435CA-2AAD-482B-AB6B-A9728262CF75 (resized).jpeg975435CA-2AAD-482B-AB6B-A9728262CF75 (resized).jpeg
B61E8E0D-C531-43CD-8B22-342C119679E7 (resized).jpegB61E8E0D-C531-43CD-8B22-342C119679E7 (resized).jpeg

#17069 2 years ago

I've been playing, fun to build up the bat phone hurry up and the X shots it's a game within a game. Only bad thing is when I drain after setting up a few X shots without cashing in.

#17070 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only bad thing is when I drain after setting up a few X shots without cashing in.

That is maddening. Most of the times I drain I'm leaving some huge scoring opportunity on the table.

#17071 2 years ago

"I've been playing, fun to build up the bat phone hurry up and the X shots it's a game within a game. "

I dont know what that means... ??

#17072 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I dont know what that means... ??

When the bat phone is active it’s a hurry up count down, hitting the commissioner Gordon target resets the hurry up and adds X million to the hurry up score. Hurry up points can be very high value and is listed on the high score table.

The X shot bonus is also the Commissioner Gordon shot (see Wiki rules).

Here is the bat phone high score

Quoted from andre060:

For those not aware, you can get huge points off the Bat Phone alone! Made a quick tutorial video on this in case it helps anyone. Actually I find it to be a super fun mini-game in and of itself to try to get the Bat Phone champion score. Batman 66 is such a great game!!!

#17073 2 years ago

Hey all. I just got my NIB BM66 and I’m getting node board 4 and sometimes 24 error. 24 is the mini tv which seems to be working fine and node 4 is insider connect which doesn’t work because it’s not supported in the code. Just wondering if others with IC are seeing the same errors. Thanks.

#17074 2 years ago

Got my NIB this week..... so what are some scores y'all are routinely putting up when you owners have a good game?

#17075 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Got my NIB this week..... so what are some scores y'all are routinely putting up when you owners have a good game?

I'm pretty bad so the 100M range is a good game for me.

#17076 2 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hey all. I just got my NIB BM66 and I’m getting node board 4 and sometimes 24 error. 24 is the mini tv which seems to be working fine and node 4 is insider connect which doesn’t work because it’s not supported in the code. Just wondering if others with IC are seeing the same errors. Thanks.

Same with my NIB game. It seems not affect the gameplay at all. My guess it has something to do with the insider connect hardware without the game code updated to accept it.

#17077 2 years ago

Question, during the crane mode sometimes the ball won’t be directly over the insert. Is that normal or is there an adjustment that I can make?

52C40B6A-A10F-4F45-873E-61E115EA0D4A (resized).jpeg52C40B6A-A10F-4F45-873E-61E115EA0D4A (resized).jpeg

#17078 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:Question, during the crane mode sometimes the ball won’t be directly over the insert. Is that normal or is there an adjustment that I can make?
[quoted image]

Adjustment #136 or somewhere near.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/213#post-4537980

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/244#post-4790808

#17079 2 years ago

Anyone reset the High scores 1, 2, 3, and 4 but the game still shows the factory defaults?

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffgerard:

Same with my NIB game. It seems not affect the gameplay at all. My guess it has something to do with the insider connect hardware without the game code updated to accept it.

I disconnected the IC node board and the error is gone and the game boots faster. It’s definitely just in need of a code update.

#17081 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Yes, it has the plastic on top and unfortunately the apron is plastic. Here is the area where the ball jumps off.
[quoted image]

Any luck fixing this? Just got my new in box setup today. Having the same issue there. Ball just flys off.

Also, this is my 4th new in box from Stern. I don’t remember the other units behaving like this. The balls seem to hook up everywhere on the field. Lots of jumping etc. can hardly catch the ball as there is so much spin it just spins off the flipper. I have not waxed or anything yet. Any advice? I am admittedly not the best player yet and only a couple years into the hobby but this game is just reacting different. Makes it hard to play. Maybe it will calm after more plays.

I do love the play, toys etc on it. So glad I was able to get on the list for one of these

#17082 2 years ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Any luck fixing this? Just got my new in box setup today. Having the same issue there. Ball just flys off.
Also, this is my 4th new in box from Stern. I don’t remember the other units behaving like this. The balls seem to hook up everywhere on the field. Lots of jumping etc. can hardly catch the ball as there is so much spin it just spins off the flipper. I have not waxed or anything yet. Any advice? I am admittedly not the best player yet and only a couple years into the hobby but this game is just reacting different. Makes it hard to play. Maybe it will calm after more plays.
I do love the play, toys etc on it. So glad I was able to get on the list for one of these

My new one is doing it too. To me it seems like the flippers are too strong but I can’t seem to find a flipper strength adjustment.

#17083 2 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the new insider connect for Batman 66, Would love to see how it looks

#17084 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Can someone post a pic of the new insider connect for Batman 66, Would love to see how it looks

cbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpgcbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpg
#17085 2 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:My new one is doing it too. To me it seems like the flippers are too strong but I can’t seem to find a flipper strength adjustment.

There is no flipper strength adjustment in BM66. I hope they add that when the Insider Connected update is released.

Rob

#17087 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you, looks beautiful

Seems a bit weird that they didn't center the trading card holder a little better. Maybe it looks better when it's rotated 90deg to handle portrait orientation cards.

#17088 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Seems a bit weird that they didn't center the trading card holder a little better. Maybe it looks better when it's rotated 90deg to handle portrait orientation cards.

I have to agree, it looks like it is off center. Now I can’t unsee it

#17089 2 years ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

I talked to Stern and they mentioned that it could be the ramp itself and are going to send out a new one. In the interim I found that I used some of the felt circular pads used for furniture on the plastic for the left ramp. I placed them on the inside roof of the plastic at the entrance of the left ramp and it seems to slow down the ball enough to not have it fly off at the first s curve. I can't see them from a players perspective so I don't worry about how it looks at this point and they will be easy to remove if a better solution presents itself. After doing it, I have next to none of the balls fly off the ramp. If a future update allows for the flipper power to be adjusted then that would probably help the issue but this has definitely eased the problem of the ball flying off and hitting the cabinet side.

#17090 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I talked to Stern and they mentioned that it could be the ramp itself and are going to send out a new one. In the interim I found that I used some of the felt circular pads used for furniture on the plastic for the left ramp. I placed them on the inside roof of the plastic at the entrance of the left ramp and it seems to slow down the ball enough to not have it fly off at the first s curve. I can't see them from a players perspective so I don't worry about how it looks at this point and they will be easy to remove if a better solution presents itself. After doing it, I have next to none of the balls fly off the ramp. If a future update allows for the flipper power to be adjusted then that would probably help the issue but this has definitely eased the problem of the ball flying off and hitting the cabinet side.

Please let us know if that works.

I really think the flipper strength is way too high. Last night I hit the spinner so hard it fell apart(I easily just put it back together but if I didn’t see it it could have scratched the playfield). If I bend the EOS switches so that they open very early will that reduce the flipper power?

#17091 2 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Please let us know if that works.
I really think the flipper strength is way too high. Last night I hit the spinner so hard it fell apart(I easily just put it back together but if I didn’t see it it could have scratched the playfield). If I bend the EOS switches so that they open very early will that reduce the flipper power?

It will, but might be pretty difficult to adjust incrementally if you don't use something to act as an artificial coil stop during adjustment.

How steep is your game?

#17092 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

How steep is your game?

As steep as the leg levelers will allow. The level is pegged high. Still too strong imo.

#17093 2 years ago

Any word on when Insider Connected will be functional for Batman 66?

#17094 2 years ago

I've had Batman for about 3 years - I finally hit the left ramp with a backhand shot from the left flipper. Of course, I couldn't do it a second time. I consider it the most perfect shot of my pinball life.

#17095 2 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

I've had Batman for about 3 years - I finally hit the left ramp with a backhand shot from the left flipper. Of course, I couldn't do it a second time. I consider it the most perfect shot of my pinball life.

I think I have made that shot once myself... probably not on purpose..... lol

#17096 2 years ago

Had a pretty good game yesterday after work (~2B) and found myself playing a lot of the minor villains I don't normally play. I think one of my favorite things about this machine is that even after a year and a half of owning it I'm still seeing content in the game that I haven't seen before, and hearing the ridiculous dialogue from the show. Specifically the clip of King Tut angrily telling Batman/Robin that he hopes all of their teeth fall out except one, etc.

#17097 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Congratulations! My game is setup with extra balls turned off, outlanes wide open and a very tight tilt. A normal game is a few hundred million and a good game is 5+ billion.

My high is 106 billion on a 3 ball game.

#17098 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Congratulations! My game is setup with extra balls turned off, outlanes wide open and a very tight tilt. A normal game is a few hundred million and a good game is 5+ billion.
My high is 106 billion on a 3 ball game.

I'm just going to sell all my machines and give up now.

#17099 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

LOL!!!

#17100 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

My thoughts exactly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/342 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.