IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

547 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 3 of 3.
#15371 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Howdy Folks,
While playing and loving this pin so much I had completed all villains . My question is when the bat signal is flashing in the bottom part of the PF what is the next thing to do. I went up left ramp which was the only thing blinking . What am I missing to continue.
It was not guiding me or talking letting me know the next item to accomplish.
Also................
Do you guys always take the cash or " Continue Game". I did "continue" on a few games but when I take cash its seems to capture major villains.
Thoughts on strategy on these 2 points please.
Thanks.

Shoot up left lane to bat signal in upper Right corner to start villain escape. Continue game is a player option. Big risk, big reward, your call.

#15373 4 years ago

Okay so I did it then...thought I was missing something.
Is the only reward 2x , 3 x etc etc?

Depends on how often you want to gamble....... Love the risk reward code direction on this game. I will say you will see some Awesome animations and points and points if you gamble.

#15394 4 years ago

I must be missing something, I can never reach these scores.
Well Done!!!

That’s why you have to gamble and continue on vs jailing the villains! Lol

#15410 4 years ago

Reach out to biglaw . He has a few left. You can buy a few ways to connect it. I bought his Heli so he made me a jumper so mine come on and off when I hit the mystery. You could just have it stay on as a option B.
They are the last touch and good riddance to those plastics. HAHA.

Personally I added Pinstadium lights and glare is gone while Playfield art pops. Some also go with Invisiglass.

#15413 4 years ago

Going to order those as it made my JP come alive....I was reading up on Invi versus PDI- PDI out of stock. Hope the glass removes the big red rings from the speaker lights...super distracting.
Thanks for the input.

With the PS lighting no more glare and you really don’t need Invisiglass.

#15435 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Hey guys, Joined the club recently buying a used BM66 with under 400 plays. I am having some flipper issues(they go dead before ball drains sometimes or while you are holding (cradling a ball). With out looking through the whole thread has anyone seen this or know if there is a fix. (node board?) (flipper switch?)
Any help would be appreciated

A complete reach guess based on the info but do check that the switch at the coin door is fully engaged as that disables high voltage. Also test that all the trough switches are functioning correctly as it may be assuming a ball entered the end switch signaling game over. The trough is a guess. Do check all plugs and connectors.

1 week later
#15490 4 years ago

where is it?? lol

While doable, a decal on a metal high lift ramp would more then likely not look great long term. I beleive thats why you rarely see many done for any game. Even paint or powder coat tends to looks worn in short order. Even made of mylar I suspect with a well played game in short order you would be trying to tear them off at the first sight of wear. Thats just my opinion anyway. Anything technically Can be done its a question of Should it be done. There are many great ways to pimp your Batman, for me ramp decals would be tough to justify.

#15492 4 years ago

A suggestion that Would make your game pop! As you have the all stainless wire forms, changing those up to look more like the LE or CE version would for sure change up the Batcave so to speak. You could send yours out Or simply order a new replacement set from Marco. I personally Love the way the LE wire form colors look on the game. Good luck with your decision.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9974-02

#15516 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Yes, the game was working when i bought it. The only thing i can think is when i installed the wire for my subwoofer, somehow the harness got moved just enough that it could catch on the motor. Seller was nothing but great. I got it fixed. I ended up having to cut 6 inches off the harness to salvage it, and i traced the ground wire so i knew it would be correct, spliced, soldered, and heat shrinked all wires together, now it works great!

Great repair and I respect your honesty not blaming the previous owner. As in pinball stuff happens. Glad you stayed the coarse as that mech can be a mind bender to some and fixed it! Enjoy your awesome new game!

2 weeks later
#15555 4 years ago
Quoted from frickfrack:

New to pinball ownership here. I came on here looking for a Stern Rolling Stones LE and wound up with that and a STTNG. I wasn't intending to catch the pinball bug but here I am. Now I find myself really wanting a Batman 66 LE but I am a little concerned reading through this thread about issues with the game whether it be the turntable, air balls, stuck Joker targets etc. I am not experienced as many of you at working on pinball machines so I don't need an expensive machine if I'm constantly needing to fix it. I know all machines need it from time to time but is this one that I will frequently be under the hood on?

More then likely you won't have any issues. With the few posts requesting support you should also note there were Thousands sold so as with most mechanical things especially pinball sometimes you will need to make adjustments or fix things. As this game is fairly mature now with 15k posts for solutions and support my guess is anything that Could happen has already been documented with a solution. Plus this is a very supportive group for this game so you would not be alone if you needed help. Good luck finding a Batman LE though. That might be a challenge as only 120 US units were produced and most will never hit the market unless your willing to pay a heavy premium.

#15559 4 years ago
Quoted from frickfrack:

I didn't do my due diligence on that one by reading thru that club thread. I saw one for sale local and jumped on it. Like I said I caught the bug. I guess I need to read through STTNG thread to see what's in store for me. Thanks maur

Best suggestion with Most things pinball. If your interest is to Enjoy the game you chose its best to Not read through most Pinside threads lol. If you have an issue jump in, ask question, then run! Sad that many change Their mind and Their interest based on normally a few that live only to spread hate (Troll) for a title or company. I personally have had hundreds of games over the years and enjoyed every decision. If I read most of the other Personal opinions I would never have a single game. Pinball is whatever you want it to be. ALL games from ALL manufacturers will need some form of personal adjustment. If you make it a world ending problem this is Really not the hobby for you. lol I rather enjoy fine tuning and fixing games. It's just part of the adventure.

#15575 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

So I have had mine for about a month with very little to no problems and played it a million times
Good luck

If you played a million games in one month you really need to play better lol. Awesome game.

#15600 4 years ago
Quoted from frickfrack:

Finally got my BM66 LE home. Drove 12 hours round trip to get it. I didn't want it bouncing around in a truck. Thanks go out to Steve at MI Pinball Refinery for helping with this deal and helping me load it up. Will definitely get some powder coating work done by him. Anyway, here are some pics and I'm glad to be officially part of the club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great congratulations!! Make sure that code is up to date and have a Bat-tastic weekend!

2 weeks later
#15625 4 years ago

Ball stuck many times behind left ramp...what do you guys suggest to place in that spot so ball cant get stuck? Happens always on a good game..lol.
I was thinking a little rubber dimple with easy off sticker on back.
Thanks for the help.

Only reason I could see it getting stuck under the left ramp would be the zip tied cable placement which many have already documented how to move in this thread. Never seen a ball hang up hear for any other reason personally.

#15630 4 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

If anyone has a Joker or Catwoman figure from ModFather they are looking to sell, please PM me. I'm looking to buy one of each. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

These are Hallmark ornaments. 2016 I believe? They are on EBay all the time you just have to keep an eye out for an unboxed one to buy them cheap. Good luck.

#15633 4 years ago

I looked all over and no Catwomen but found only one joker and it's new. Might want to jump on it.
ebay.com link » 2015 Limited Edition Batman The Joker Hallmark Ornament New Mimb Free Shipping
This could be cool in the right spot.
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/batman-universe-collectors-bust/catwoman-66-bust

Not great prices but there are at least 20 Catwomen Hallmark ornaments currently listed.

2 weeks later
#15649 4 years ago

Great idea as that's the one part of my PIN I would have thought some mod genius would have done. I replaced the cat plastics with biglaw mod all lit up. I bought the bat boat but it's going to go bye bye for the batmobile .I have the crazy limited edition Penguin batmobile and Jokers cool crazy vehicle by the shooter lane on eaglemoss's bracket.
I could chop off his head pretty easy and then you have to take over...HAHA.
Maybe we can join forces and work on it together since I have all kinds of time now. This virus has impacted both my businesses.

Actually have a Penguin in crane mod mostly done just been busy on R&M lately. Just need to finalize his details and installation instructions.

#15656 4 years ago

I cant decide if I need another vehicle...lol....these are in prime real estate.. What a problem to have...HA.
What you think Thunder??[quoted image][quoted image]

Same ones I have and love it. Incredible detail though you have to be careful handling the playfield as those details are fragile. Already glued the umbrella and head lights twice....

1 week later
#15680 4 years ago

Hi BM Peeps,
So I turn on BM66 and after about 5 minutes I shoot the left ramp and when ball comes down to drop thru hole it starts to not drop instantly and get's worse as the game goes one. At one point it was like 2 full seconds before it fell thru. One my final shot I had to actually do a a little bump to get it to drop...ODD.
What you guys think would just start this all of a sudden? No I have not messed with the wire forms or messed with the plastics at all.
Thanks.
yelobird hurry up an with that mod....some of are bored...HAHA.

Simply adjust ramp and identify what it is hanging up on. Gravity always wins if there is nothing in its path.

#15707 4 years ago

Thanks for the info....will go order some.

Just don’t order Anything they offer as shiny. They Won’t work!

#15712 4 years ago

As the group expert and all things guru....which ones would you get?? I see many sizes...damn newbie...soon I will graduate . LOL

Not sure about sizes?? But I buy them from Marco as others have said. The Baron ones for me were magnets in a week. And for clarity they Do note that on their product so they are being honest.

#15740 4 years ago

That's correct...and happens when I am having a good game...fixing it now. TY.

Those are through mounts to hold the mech below. Your call but you could simply tighten the bottom side but which would draw these nubs Slightly deeper into the wood. Personally I would just move the cable and zip tie as others have done, make sure there is a correct slope to the table (6.8 ish) degrees and you would be fine.

#15742 4 years ago

No felt strip on mine. Make sure you playfield has enough slope and I suspect you won’t have hang ups.

#15744 4 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’ll give the slope another couple tenths of a degree and see if that helps. I’m at about 6.6 now, was trying to keep it close to the “suggested” slope until I really had to bump it up. Saw from searching the thread that folks seem to like the 6.7-6.8 range, so maybe it’s for the best.
Thanks!

Also, not sure where your game came from but that diverted is Not at all correct or factory! Someone monkey modified that along with the felt pad. There are Not supposed to be any screws Or nuts there plus I think it’s also on the wrong side which is why the ball is actually hanging up. I personally would order a new diverter arm. Hate when people Custom engineer repairs lol.

F3442776-AC12-4023-8269-511BAFBD740E (resized).jpegF3442776-AC12-4023-8269-511BAFBD740E (resized).jpeg
#15747 4 years ago

What a dummy am I? lol. I checked my PF and it's off....left and right was perfect. I was shocked at overall slope which was 6. I use Pinguy App.
Is that still the go to APP ??
Thanks for the help.

I use the PinGuy app for all games. You just need to make sure the phone level is calibrated and that if your using a case it sits flat. Good luck.

#15749 4 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Good info! I reached out to Stern to see about replacing either the diverter shaft/paddle (510-7565-00) or the entire assembly if absolutely necessary (516-6891-00). Checked on PBL and Marco, didn't see it available.. Found a german website that had the whole assembly, but was a little pricey.
I've also got a riveter in the garage, so worst case scenario I'll try to pull this one apart, flip it around, and rivet it properly.
Thanks for the picture! Felt like something was off about mine, but didn't have a good way to confirm.

Looks like you have the main parts there so a Correct repair with rivets (ace hardware) will have you back in no time. Tip for future, when in doubt if something seems off simply go to the top of the club page and select “image gallery”. Many helpful owners have uploaded Hundreds of pictures of virtually Every inch of this game. Always a great reference source for verification. Good luck!

#15753 4 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Took a little longer than I thought, but I got the old hardware removed, flipped the diverter back around, and riveted in place. it now looks (and plays) much better. Ejects from the saucer now waste no time flowing down towards the pops, feels much better!
The hack-job “nuts and screws” solution included some twisted up lock washers and some kind of putty to keep it all together.. real head scratcher.
Thanks again, yelobird ![quoted image]

Your awesome job well done congrats! Now enjoy that kick ass game all weekend to its fullest!

2 weeks later
#15793 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Pinhead1982, thanks for the reply and pictures. Here are my pics. When I rotate the spinner, the switch tests registers nothing. If I take a tool and poke at the arm of the microswitch, I get an acnowledgement from the test.
For the close-up, I moved the penguin crane to get a better shot (so don't get thrown off my the yellow). Thanks.
Based off of your pic, I'm guessing my switch is loose/worn and I need to replace that. I'm not sure what caused the spinner to come off -- I guess the game is a bit violent.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at the right side of your spinner it is Not fully in and incorrect. You need to remove it from the right and fully install it so the arm that actuates the switch will work.

#15796 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Yelobird, that was it. I didn't put the spinner in all the way so it matched Pinhead1982's pictures. I needed to step it throug and now it's making better contact withthe switch and works.
I was going down the wrong path and would have ended up ordering a switch, installing a new one and wasting a ton of time. Back to playing now! Thank you Yelobird and Pinhead1982!!!

Congrats and Back to the Bat Cave!

#15816 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Thanks for the links. The eaglemoss replica's have a screw on the bottom which sounds easy to mount. The Hotwheels don't so I was trying to see if there are any pictures of how people mounted them since its a bit more custom. Did Stern just drill into them to mount them with the SLEs?

Velcro, double stick tape, epoxy, many options. Don’t over think it, it doesn’t move so simple is better.

3 weeks later
#15861 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not interested in playing playfield roulette. Both my Batman and Elvira NIB games got a playfield protector early on. That said, beginning with Elvira there was a noticeable improvement in pooling (probably because there is less clear). Older Batman games are less likely to have pooling issues, but more likely to have playfields with softer wood.

Do note a Playfield protector will actually do Nothing for post or pooling issues... I haven’t seen issues personally but I also haven’t played many of the Cat Women models.

#15875 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Curious on flipper alignment. I’ve noticed my left flipper is a hair below the alignment hole. Is it worth adjusting?
I read someone mention the left flipper should be slightly low to make the orbit easier so don’t want to mess with this if it was intentional.
[quoted image]

Maybe its just me but flippers on games should be aligned so they are straight with the rail and the same on all games. You don't manipulate the flippers to make shots you practice/learn to aim better. Technically you can raise the left flipper 10 degrees and backhand the left loop all day but thats not how it was designed. Just my opinion.

#15877 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

That's what I was thinking as it's not perfect with the rail.
Unrelated I noticed plunging usually awards points (anywhere from 50 to 100k), anywhere to start checking for what switch is causing it?

For that I would but the game into All switch test and Lightly hit your hand on the playfield. See which switch is triggering and adjust as needed.

1 week later
#15899 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

BIG thanks to docquest for giving up his LE Topper. Went above & beyond being helpful, even making me a wire harness to make my stand alone projector compatible with the topper.
Smooth transaction, arrived from US in 3 days! (UPS $500 shipping )
There is a Serious amount that goes into this topper.... I was going to take it apart and look to recreate a few.. but with all the work that needs doing, you would have to be Bruce Wayne to afford it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW, Congrats really amazed #Docquest opted to part it out but your offer Was tempting!! As for breaking it down to replicate Trust me it is a complicated mess!! lol A fun challenge though! And NO, I am NOT making anymore!!!! Just wanted to see if I could do it!!

bats (resized).jpgbats (resized).jpg

#15902 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is that lot 3D printed!?

Some parts yes. Took a few days to design the parts but a fun challenge. Again, NOT selling just a personal test! Lol

#15905 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Food for thought: Even if you don't want to sell the completed topper, if you sold a parts kit for the buyer to put together I'd jump on it!!

Appreciated but really not looking to do that. Sometimes you just want to push the limits and see whats possible. Always fun.

#15916 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Just had over an hour game. My previous high was 11 Billion. All 3 minor 3 times Batusi, HOLY, and Gas attack in same game! Major villian escape once. Had 5x on playfield multiplier and my gordon multipliers all lit on a super LONG ball.
[quoted image]

WTF! You guys have some Crazy skills. I will never see scores like that. Wow

1 week later
#15927 3 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

It was along the arm of the crane, the cords are tucked up and held by zip ties, the split was small for me, but was def the issue
See pic[quoted image]

Looking at those wires its hard to see how that could ever be "Intermittent" Glad you fixed it.

#15941 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No it has 200 games on it....and a playfield protector installed....

Then I would look at All of the things you removed to Install that protector as likely you forgot to put a screw back or tighten it. My money is on the ramp signs or turn table assembly.

3 weeks later
#15982 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

I see where you can buy the full protection set, but I don’t see anything for the riddler saucer. Would it be included in the same set, or would I have to get that somewhere else? Thanks for the help by the way.

Best suggestion, keep the Playfield clean, replace the balls every 500 games, wax the Playfield, and just play it! Your not putting it on route in a bar home play is nothing to worry about. New collectors often get frightened off over reading forums of doubt. This is a Great game, just enjoy it!

#15984 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Thank you all for your help. What’s the best thing to use to wax the playfield and how often does that need to be done?

Wow thats a long request with hundreds of thread preferences. lol Personally a decent carnuba car wax is fine. Clean in 5 minutes every 100 or so games and your good. Many like to Overly worry about owning a pinball machine in the beginning looking and reading for problems. General cleaning, play the game and enjoy. Worry less, play more!

1 week later
#16016 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Does anyone know the part# for the slingshot post in the below photo? I have to replace one and can’t find anything in the manual that would show the exact part#. I’ve gone to a couple of the parts shops, but they were only able to make a guess. I’ve got the clear plastic piece that the metal stud fits into and the nut that holds the slingshot cover in place. I’m having a hard time coming up with the stud post part# though. If anyone could help I’d REALLY appreciate the help.
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

#16024 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Howdy folks,
Bought a used BM66 Prem a few months back, been in good shape til the other day. Snapped a rubber ring inside the rotisserie. Pulled the broken rubber but wondering if there's a way to open the assembly from the top and replace that rubber or if I have to take the whole assembly out from the bottom to get to that...
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

All rings can be changed from the Top side no need to pull the assembly. Many pictures in this thread to guide you.

#16053 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's one nice looking topper!

But now your game will forever be Naked and hate you for cutting its top off!! lol While a Hard thing to do it looks like he has exactly what he wanted and it looks great. Still one of our Favorite games No question.

#16067 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

5 balls also. I play for fun not competition.

Absolutely. We often set up games for 5 balls when new code is introduced or we want to get further along in the long code journey. Never understand why people feel guilty as if there was some written Pinball Law that you can't play with 2 or 10 balls?? We play to enjoy the game not push a start button! Second pet-peave for us is when people diss a game because it plays long?? Is it really more fun to play a game for 30 seconds? Why? The Only one that enjoys short ball times is an Operator! lol

#16069 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. I have both Batman and Elvira set to 5 balls per game. I love pinball but am not a good enough player to master a modern Lyman game.
Occasionally I set TAF and/or STLE to 5 (mostly when we have parties) but generally the other games in my collection where the number of balls are selectable are set to whatever was prevalent when the game was first on location.
It’s your game - set it where you want. And you don’t have to stop at 5 either ...

Lol. Long ago I remember I had guests over one of which was a pinball player who flipped out cause I had FunHouse set to 10 balls!!! lol I told him Rudy Hates me so thats my way of getting even!

4 weeks later
#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone know if the projector can be unmounted from that plate and mounted to the LE topper to make an SLE topper?

My understanding is the Premium version projector had signal boards installed that are needed to interact where the LE brand projector already had them installed in the game. Could be wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
547 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 3 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/3?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.