Topic Stats

• 16,453 posts
  • 627 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 240 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,545 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5B035205-662C-499B-9EE7-496981E16138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201103_185013478 (resized).jpg
A7C4855F-E9CE-4E4D-BF69-8522C09513BA (resized).jpeg
EC7B1A43-4774-46C0-BF26-227F496A0702 (resized).jpeg
F97C53C7-FB2B-4549-B44E-C3142ABE62AF (resized).jpeg
41345328_355092725033923_6103759486713856000_n (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
rps20210105_004521 (resized).jpg
F3086E57-9B70-46FD-AAC7-792CA0BFD4F7 (resized).jpeg
45E65716-5351-495E-B0C9-C0A9D9E6E3BD (resized).jpeg
317619E0-5170-4B21-B39C-2343CE00496E (resized).jpeg
20210102_144024 (resized).jpg
F2DFC03E-D793-4B12-A83A-296A2F10BA32 (resized).jpeg
7E988C00-5AB4-4B44-97AD-8C29DB39FA48 (resized).jpeg
bmgc (resized).jpg
peg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16453 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 330.
#16001 5 months ago

Love the game, just seems odd that the nicer back-glass was omitted from the LE and SLE. And that the LE-style speakers were included only on the SLE.

#16002 5 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

SLE - $14,999 (two years ago)

wow....did not know that.... thats insane...

#16003 5 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Love the game, just seems odd that the nicer back-glass was omitted from the LE and SLE.

I think the LE translite is the best of the three.

#16004 5 months ago

I see a lot of you have added Hallmark ornaments to your game and they look awesome. I’ve gone through the threads to see what the best way is of attaching them but couldn’t find anything. What do you suggest as the best way to add the ornaments to the game so they don’t fall over?

#16005 5 months ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

I see a lot of you have added Hallmark ornaments to your game and they look awesome. I’ve gone through the threads to see what the best way is of attaching them but couldn’t find anything. What do you suggest as the best way to add the ornaments to the game so they don’t fall over?

There's plenty of pics on this thread to show you how to attach the hallmark characters and toys. There's a few that are key posts as well. Here's the Catwoman link that is pretty popular. Most are attached by wire.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/30#post-3581424

#16006 5 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Left flipper cradle, then sharp backhand!

I trying too practice this shot....it seems like the flipper does not have quit enough power to make it consistently...

Is there a adjustment similar to Munsters? I cant seem to find it...?

#16007 5 months ago

Ok, I've been searching with no luck but I'm a new owner and the left loop switch seems to be in from the rail enough where not all shots trigger the switch. The switch is working fine but it doesn't seem like there is even a way to adjust it to improve the shot. Is there something I'm missing?

#16008 5 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I trying too practice this shot....it seems like the flipper does not have quit enough power to make it consistently...
Is there a adjustment similar to Munsters? I cant seem to find it...?

Have you checked your coil stops? Bad coil stop can effect power.

#16009 5 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Ok, I've been searching with no luck but I'm a new owner and the left loop switch seems to be in from the rail enough where not all shots trigger the switch. The switch is working fine but it doesn't seem like there is even a way to adjust it to improve the shot. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm sure I unscrewed the switch and reset it. Also make sure it is not catching on anything underneath too.
If it still doesnt register then remove it and bend the wire.
Lift the playfield get a ball and roll it round there and adjust as necessary. I had similar issues a good while back and I bent the wire I recall. Had no issues since.
Hope that helps.

#16010 5 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I'm sure I unscrewed the switch and reset it. Also make sure it is not catching on anything underneath too.
If it still doesnt register then remove it and bend the wire.
Lift the playfield get a ball and roll it round there and adjust as necessary. I had similar issues a good while back and I bent the wire I recall. Had no issues since.
Hope that helps.

Sorry, hard to describe but I've added some photos. I am trying to make sure this is how it was designed and it appears yes. My switch works perfect but the way the switch sits in the lane the ball can miss the switch entirely it seems.

1st photo is a PF and 2nd is my game. Everything seems to line up.

Batman 66 Playfield #BA44 (3) (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6970 (2) (resized).jpg
#16011 5 months ago

Has anyone seen a post that would help me find the post that has the solution to my crane being off alignment?

From left, positions one, two and three are fine. Position four (second from right) is a notch to the right and holds the ball between the wreckin’ ball and the right side. The default position (all the way to the right) looks over too push. Notable because that spring bends from the depression.

Before you say, ‘pics’, I’ll post them once this Special K wears off.

In other words, I need to shift the crane position a jump to the left at the lock shot.

#16012 5 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Sorry, hard to describe but I've added some photos. I am trying to make sure this is how it was designed and it appears yes. My switch works perfect but the way the switch sits in the lane the ball can miss the switch entirely it seems.
1st photo is a PF and 2nd is my game. Everything seems to line up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks the same as mine.
Put it in switch test mode and manually run a ball round there.You'll probably find it doesn't register the switch completely when it hugs that side rail.
A bit of tweaking on that switch/wire and you'll get it working 100%.
You looked underneath yet?

#16013 5 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Looks the same as mine.
Put it in switch test mode and manually run a ball round there.You'll probably find it doesn't register the switch completely when it hugs that side rail.

Yeah, I've been studying it and it looks right but top and bottom but doesn't seem to always register. I think you are right and I will probably continue trying to bend the switch to see if I can get it aligned better. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this as it seems like it was oddly designed. I can't immediately find the flaw or solution which is rare after owning many pins over the last decade.

#16014 5 months ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Has anyone seen a post that would help me find the post that has the solution to my crane being off alignment?
From left, positions one, two and three are fine. Position four (second from right) is a notch to the right and holds the ball between the wreckin’ ball and the right side. The default position (all the way to the right) looks over too push. Notable because that spring bends from the depression.
Before you say, ‘pics’, I’ll post them once this Special K wears off.
In other words, I need to shift the crane position a jump to the left at the lock shot.

Try setting the Penguin Motor Lag adjustment to zero and power cycle the game.

#16015 5 months ago

Does anyone know the part# for the slingshot post in the below photo? I have to replace one and can’t find anything in the manual that would show the exact part#. I’ve gone to a couple of the parts shops, but they were only able to make a guess. I’ve got the clear plastic piece that the metal stud fits into and the nut that holds the slingshot cover in place. I’m having a hard time coming up with the stud post part# though. If anyone could help I’d REALLY appreciate the help.

472671A9-B774-4BEE-ACFF-3BF7E985611C (resized).jpeg
#16016 5 months ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Does anyone know the part# for the slingshot post in the below photo? I have to replace one and can’t find anything in the manual that would show the exact part#. I’ve gone to a couple of the parts shops, but they were only able to make a guess. I’ve got the clear plastic piece that the metal stud fits into and the nut that holds the slingshot cover in place. I’m having a hard time coming up with the stud post part# though. If anyone could help I’d REALLY appreciate the help.
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

#16017 5 months ago

Thanks. The plastic post I have. It’s the metal stud that fits into it that I need. I was hoping the part# would be listed in the manual but no luck.

#16018 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think the LE translite is the best of the three.

I wish I could find one...been hell.

#16019 5 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Looks the same as mine.

I think I got it nailed. I wasn’t sure it would work but moved the switch as far left as possible. Then bent the rail guide a Little but out there. That seems to have done it.

#16020 5 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

I wish I could find one...been hell.

That’s because Stern doesn’t allow the sale of an LE translite to non-LE owners. Doesn’t mean it’s impossible though.

SLE owners got all three translites; maybe you could convince one of them to sell you an LE.

#16021 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s because Stern doesn’t allow the sale of an LE translite to non-LE owners. Doesn’t mean it’s impossible though.
SLE owners got all three translites; maybe you could convince one of them to sell you an LE.

If I could fine one....I am seeing if this Swizz guy can do something for me...He has 100's of custom items...

#16022 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Same with the Catwoman ones you can’t get them I’ve tried to get one to frame.

#16023 5 months ago

Howdy folks,

Bought a used BM66 Prem a few months back, been in good shape til the other day. Snapped a rubber ring inside the rotisserie. Pulled the broken rubber but wondering if there's a way to open the assembly from the top and replace that rubber or if I have to take the whole assembly out from the bottom to get to that...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#16024 5 months ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Howdy folks,
Bought a used BM66 Prem a few months back, been in good shape til the other day. Snapped a rubber ring inside the rotisserie. Pulled the broken rubber but wondering if there's a way to open the assembly from the top and replace that rubber or if I have to take the whole assembly out from the bottom to get to that...
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

All rings can be changed from the Top side no need to pull the assembly. Many pictures in this thread to guide you.

#16025 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All rings can be changed from the Top side no need to pull the assembly. Many pictures in this thread to guide you.

Very good news, thanks for that. Appreciate the quick reply.

#16026 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same with the Catwoman ones you can’t get them I’ve tried to get one to frame.

Catwoman Edition is actually considered an LE, hence the same rules.

#16027 5 months ago

Orange County pinball posted that Stern will be doing a limited run of new Premium BM66 in November 2020. Good if someone looking get the machine new and potentially new code release coming.

#16028 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Catwoman Edition is actually considered an LE, hence the same rules.

They called it a Signature Edition but same difference. I don’t like the weird/bad Photoshop on the Catwoman translite though.

#16029 5 months ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Thanks. The plastic post I have. It’s the metal stud that fits into it that I need. I was hoping the part# would be listed in the manual but no luck.

I'd email Stern. They should be able to tell you the exact part number.

#16030 5 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:I'd email Stern. They should be able to tell you the exact part number.

So devastated to hear about Chas! What are we going to do without him?! He was always so helpful and went above and beyond. I appreciated his help for this "newbie" and no matter how stupid the question, he was always so polite. What a loss for Stern and for their customers!

https://www.facebook.com/TopScoreGamerooms/photos/a.567304403315505/3149103505135569/

#16031 5 months ago

OMG this is such terrible news. I'm totally speechless

#16033 5 months ago

Light the turntable?

My eyes are shot. Somehow it makes me a better player...

The turntable is impossible to distinguish details in the shadows (with my affliction) and while I have Comet spotlights on the playfield, I just can’t see the shots On the turntable very well.

I’d love to wire in some little lights pointing downwards under the batphone, TV, etc.

Imagine a pinner white LED illuminating the batphone shot wired off the batphone light.

Anyone ever try this? Any advice other than, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.’

#16034 5 months ago

(Posted in the wrong thread.) Someone was wondering the reason why Batman 66 TV series was taken off the air after only 3 seasons.

The networks all loved the huge success of Batman66 TV series. It only went off air because of all the lawsuits and entanglements from major companies all claiming soul rights to it (DC Comics, 20th Century, ABC, Warner Bros, Greenway productions and Disney to name a few, lol) because it was so hugely successful. They tied it up in courts for many years.

Every actor in Hollywood wanted to do a cameo or appearance on it. It would have gone 10 seasons without all the lawsuits and is the very reason why it took so long to get it released on DVD.

Our Bat66 machines are a trophy to that show and is a big collector item amongst the many Bat66 fans worldwide. Here’s hoping when Stern runs the next batch at the end of the year, Lyman adds some of the rumored features to it. Although the code is awesome the way it is for sure. Would love some more light show and grand wizard mode after going through all the main villain chapters. A wall walk of fame mode is wishful too.

Still enjoy watching the TV series. It was a quality production and still holds up today.

Robin shown on the link saluting Green Hornet and Kato (Bruce Lee). 2 dynamic duos to another 2 dynamic duos, lol.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/NVgeXkXBUwuCqBbi6Tu5LogWAcjynqwlBkQ9WHqDsYmm-eyx6CWrzdzbm4Co3SZtJ-v5HxEzhqfECFSOgDk5wkQJbu8FpUXy1dtUDsliQUs26s9J0vAct64d-T88G7YdVhbdQV43zJjL_AqY1YNFSUAjfg=w411-h358
pasted_image (resized).png

#16035 5 months ago

Does anyone have and details on the next run? Is it the final run? Another special edition maybe?

#16036 5 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(Posted in the wrong thread.) Someone was wondering the reason why Batman 66 TV series was taken off the air after only 3 seasons.
The networks all loved the huge success of Batman66 TV series. It only went off air because of all the lawsuits and entanglements from major companies all claiming [sole] rights to it (DC Comics, 20th Century, ABC, Warner Bros, Greenway productions and Disney to name a few, lol) because it was so hugely successful. They tied it up in courts for many years.

Umm, no.

ABC was losing money after the first season. The movie did not goose the series as much as expected for season two. By season three the budget was cut significantly and the ratings dropped quite a bit. It is rumored NBC wanted to pick up the series but didn’t do so because the sets (primarily the Batcave) had already been dismantled/destroyed and they didn’t want to pay to rebuild them.

The lawsuits you mention involved the home video rights, not the original production rights. And I’m pretty sure Disney wasn’t involved.

You are correct about the guest stars - Batman was a red-hot phenomenon for about a year and a half and many did want to appear on the show.

#16037 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, no.
ABC was losing money after the first season. The movie did not goose the series as much as expected for season two. By season three the budget was cut significantly and the ratings dropped quite a bit. It is rumored NBC wanted to pick up the series but didn’t do so because the sets (primarily the Batcave) had already been dismantled/destroyed and they didn’t want to pay to rebuild them.

Lots of Bat-scholars think that NBC wanting to pick up the series was a myth that got started in a book about the show and then some of the cast started repeating it. People have scoured the records of producer William Dozier and others but no evidence of NBC or a 4'th season intent was ever found.

Dozier was known to be very money savvy and after the ratings were steadily declining by season 2 he started thinking about syndication. You couldn't syndicate an active show and you wanted at least 100 episodes. So season 3 was done as cheaply as possible just to get to that minimum 100 episode mark. Dozier knew the show could make a lot more money once it was syndicated to local stations all over the country. The ad below was put in the trades in Feb 1968 to start selling syndication while the 3rd season was still going on.

D0IMi0g (resized).jpg

A big part of the second season decline was the new color season of Lost in Space which was a big hit on Wednesday nights. Part 1 of Batman was also on Wednesday's with part 2 on Thurdays. So people would skip part 1 of Batman and watch Lost in Space instead. Then they would just watch Batman part 2 on Thursday since it included a nice recap of part 1 at the beginning of the episode.

Lots of info on the 4'th season myth here.

http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6190

#16038 5 months ago

docquest I had not seen that message board thread. Great articles.

The only place I had ever seen the NBC 4th season rumor was Yvonne’s book, but it never made sense to me.

#16039 5 months ago
Quoted from adborto:

Does anyone have and details on the next run? Is it the final run? Another special edition maybe?

I don’t have any details, but I doubt there would be another special edition like Catwoman. It didn’t sell that well (though because of that everyone ended up with an autographed card from Julie). Also, I thought dealers already had the last call on Batman 66 orders but may be mistaken.

#16040 5 months ago

The flyer and LE COA has some great artwork on them so I thought I would frame them and hang them up in the gamesroom. Something a little different from the usual backlit translites I’ve got.

Flyers signed by George and Lyman to add that finishing touch!

F62707AD-59A3-4B26-BDF8-FF1A00477ABE (resized).jpeg
#16041 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

The flyer and LE COA has some great artwork on them so I thought I would frame them and hang them up in the gamesroom. Something a little different from the usual backlit translites I’ve got.
Flyers signed by George and Lyman to add that finishing touch!
[quoted image]

Cool idea. I wish I had the wall space to do something similar.
Consider getting a corrected flyer (that has the correct head art) for the front display.

#16042 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Cool idea. I wish I had the wall space to do something similar.
Consider getting a corrected flyer (that has the correct head art) for the front display.

Didn’t even know they had released a corrected flyer with the batgirl side art.

#16043 5 months ago
Quoted from adborto:

The final run was Spring 2019. Here is the advertisement from that announcement last year...

BC3A3940-16CA-4D23-94D5-C853BBA8DE8A (resized).jpeg
#16044 5 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The final run was Spring 2019. Here is the advertisement from that announcement last year...[quoted image]

This was what I saw posted on Orange County Pinball Instagram

6012D8F9-1C4A-4098-81D3-035C67BE95E6 (resized).png
#16045 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t even know they had released a corrected flyer with the batgirl side art.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BM-LE-Flyer_65.pdf

#16046 5 months ago

Could someone please tell me where/how this is intended to be installed?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

20200817_092924 (resized).jpg
#16047 5 months ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Could someone please tell me where/how this is intended to be installed?

In the bin! Lightedpinballmods are some of the worst mods in this hobby.

Bin it and grab yourself docquest bat signal mod.

#16048 5 months ago

Love my BM66 CWLE

08AB8FAB-1FE4-4147-92E8-A96AE2A8CDAD (resized).jpegD546163E-85A0-4FDF-898F-84AAC495BB88 (resized).jpeg
#16050 5 months ago
D251ACCE-F4BF-44B9-B381-44CAE5DC0E8B (resized).jpeg6C18BC3C-1060-4528-B6A5-35490CC892DB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
There are 16453 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 330.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside