Topic Stats

• 16,536 posts
  • 632 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by RDReynolds
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,553 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Batman66 (resized).jpg
20210123_131514 (resized).jpg
20210123_131454 (resized).jpg
20210123_131434 (resized).jpg
IMG_8005_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_8005 (resized).JPG
mod (resized).jpg
DDE536C4-1EE7-4924-9BAB-09D0DE84FADD (resized).jpeg
5B035205-662C-499B-9EE7-496981E16138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201103_185013478 (resized).jpg
A7C4855F-E9CE-4E4D-BF69-8522C09513BA (resized).jpeg
EC7B1A43-4774-46C0-BF26-227F496A0702 (resized).jpeg
F97C53C7-FB2B-4549-B44E-C3142ABE62AF (resized).jpeg
41345328_355092725033923_6103759486713856000_n (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
rps20210105_004521 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16536 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 331.
#15451 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Get the "Hover" install kit. Will work well on this title and is SO much easier when you want to life the playfield.
They do take a little more patience to install, but worth it.
And hook the UV flashers to the shaker motor. This way they go off whenever exciting action occurs in the game.

Good advice. I have not used the hovers before, but they look like a good way of installing. I have my flashers hooked up to the flasher in the middle of the pops. You get a nice light show that way. The good thing is its really easy to move that and put it elsewhere if desired.

#15452 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good advice. I have not used the hovers before, but they look like a good way of installing. I have my flashers hooked up to the flasher in the middle of the pops. You get a nice light show that way. The good thing is its really easy to move that and put it elsewhere if desired.

Middle of the pops?

#15453 1 year ago

It's easy to connect to the Shaker - just jam the pin connectors into the two connectors on the motor wires. I was worried that the voltage would be too high, but it isn't.

#15454 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Middle of the pops?

There is a flasher under the playfield between the pops.

#15455 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Middle of the pops?

Yep!

Quoted from crwjumper:

This is the one.

#15456 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Pic..?

#15457 1 year ago

Its the big circular insert right in the middle of the pops nest.

#15458 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok,...I am going to be called dumb here I am sure..... what is "pops nest"...?

#15459 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok,...I am going to be called dumb here I am sure..... what is "pops nest"...?

A cluster of pop bumpers is sometimes referred to as a "nest". For this game that's in the upper right corner. There is a large white circular insert in the middle of that pop bumper cluster that has a flasher under it.

#15460 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Newbie did it. Been fun and frustrating at times with some mods. Most are easy.
I am all done. Whew. Now it's time to break 2-5 bill.
Cats are up and alive....blinking at times versus constant on.
What you guys think??
Have a great day.

Love the cat mods!!! I recently picked up a BM66 LE and have been working on her installing Cliffy's, left ramp jump protector, Williams brackets, and leveling the turn table that was sticking up horribly above the playfield causing all kinds of ball jumps.

Now, I'm moving onto the fun stuff. Most mod's are still available on ModCouple and ModFather....but I haven't seen those cats. That is absolutely killer!!!

Is that a completely custom mod?

Can anyone tell me if ModCouple did the Shakespeare bust mod? I can't seem to find that one online either.

pasted_image (resized).png
#15461 1 year ago

The Shakespeare bust is a commercial toy.

#15462 1 year ago
Quoted from riddler35:

Love the cat mods!!! I recently picked up a BM66 LE and have been working on her installing Cliffy's, left ramp jump protector, Williams brackets, and leveling the turn table that was sticking up horribly above the playfield causing all kinds of ball jumps.
Now, I'm moving onto the fun stuff. Most mod's are still available on ModCouple and ModFather....but I haven't seen those cats. That is absolutely killer!!!
Is that a completely custom mod?
Can anyone tell me if ModCouple did the Shakespeare bust mod? I can't seem to find that one online either.[quoted image]

biglaw does the cats with LEDs as well, and the awesome batcopter mod.

#15463 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

biglaw does the cats with LEDs as well, and the awesome batcopter mod.

Buy both and power cats into Heli switcher .

Nice and easy. I like them coming on and off versus on all the time .

It’s your choice .

Enjoy .

#15464 1 year ago

I know strategy you want to play Bookworm-Freeze-whatever so I’ve done that the past couple months. Made the game something of a chore. I threw that strategy out tonight and just played whatever. Was sooooooooo much more fun that way! Made it to Holy Robin multiball for first time and was smiling the whole time.

Sometimes points ain’t everything.

#15465 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I know strategy you want to play Bookworm-Freeze-whatever so I’ve done that the past couple months. Made the game something of a chore. I threw that strategy out tonight and just played whatever. Was sooooooooo much more fun that way! Made it to Holy Robin multiball for first time and was smiling the whole time.

Yes that is the way to go for big points, but just doing the mini wizard modes is a blast. Try out some eggheads or mad hatter to take down some seasons and bam there you are. The mini wizard modes are choreographed excellently. They have great light shows, great music and video playing on top of constant add-a-ball type situations.

#15466 1 year ago

Joining the club tuesday!!!

#15467 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Joining the club tuesday!!!

bitmoji-20181220071102 (resized).png
#15468 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Agreed, points are not always everything, but it's part of the fun. Bookworm/Freeze frustrated me enough that I simply stopped playing my BM66. And it sucks because I really love the theme and Lyman even gave me a signed card for my game. Maybe someday he will find time again to revisit the code. I'll still have my game. And.. I suppose I will get back into playing it soon too...

Rob

#15469 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Agreed, points are not always everything, but it's part of the fun. Bookworm/Freeze frustrated me enough that I simply stopped playing my BM66. And it sucks because I really love the theme and Lyman even gave me a signed card for my game. Maybe someday he will find time again to revisit the code. I'll still have my game. And.. I suppose I will get back into playing it soon too...
Rob

Do you think there will be another code update? I think the game is more than complete in terms of code. But Lyman is known for updating code even years later. He seems like he can’t stop ^^

Maybe a generic question to current owners.
What would you guys like to see changed in a future update or maybe even added in the future.

It’s a shame I still down own the game. Always had a blast playing it on location. Until the game got moved to another location. If it wasn’t so expensive I would have bought it, no doubt.

#15470 1 year ago

If I had to pick one thing I wish Lyman would code a light show. BM66 really doesnt have a good light show. Its terribly basic at this point.

#15471 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If I had to pick one thing I wish Lyman would code a light show. BM66 really doesnt have a good light show. Its terribly basic at this point.

IMHO some of the modes have a decent light show, not off the charts but decent. The one thing I'd like to see if the bat signal light finally get addressed and work properly i.e. "To the bat poles" etc... Just some small stuff like that.

I know Villain Vision was never promised but it would be the icing on the cake, the taunts would make it even greater.

#15472 1 year ago

It would be cool to see how many gadgets you have. Unless that is already in and I dont know it...

#15473 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Do you think there will be another code update? I think the game is more than complete in terms of code. But Lyman is known for updating code even years later. He seems like he can’t stop ^^
What would you guys like to see changed in a future update or maybe even added in the future.
It’s a shame I still down own the game. Always had a blast playing it on location. Until the game got moved to another location. If it wasn’t so expensive I would have bought it, no doubt.

Ball save after a locked ball (for a couple of seconds) When launching the next ball. Ball save when the magnet shoots your ball down .

#15474 1 year ago

So I have been sitting on these for about 2 years. Finally decided to pull the trigger on doing it. #69LE got an upgrade....I still have a back up set of the LE decals. 6 hours of work but they look AMAZING!

IMG_20200205_171803_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_172726_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_180404_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_182453_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_183718_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_193505_01 (resized).jpg20200205_195810 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_210745_01 (resized).jpg20200205_231712 (resized).jpg20200205_231750 (resized).jpg
#15475 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

So I have been sitting on these for about 2 years. Finally decided to pull the trigger on doing it. #69LE got an upgrade....I still have a back up set of the LE decals. 6 hours of work but they look AMAZING![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That looks brilliant!!! I’d just be happy with some bat rails for my Premium if I could find some!

#15476 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

What would I like to see changed?

1: Change Freeze / Bookworm rules of course.
- Bookworm carries over the last earned power to the next ball
- Freeze slows timers, does not stop them.
2: Give Mad Hatter an additional power
3: Remove bonus x increment from lower lanes. Top lanes only grant that.
4: Add super jackpot shot remaining count to mini tv screen.
5: A better spinner rule. An effect for the spinner jackpot (currently there seems to be none)
6: Make Joker Surfs Up part one last longer
7: Change the GI dimming effect or add a setting to remove that. I never liked it.

That's just off the top of my head. I really like the Mad Hatter music and episodes in the game, but never feel compelled to play them for any scoring benefit.
King Tut and Shame are great as is I think. Egg Head is pretty good too, but I need to play that more.

It's really just wishful thinking - I'm no expert or even claim to be of course.

Rob

#15477 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What would I like to see changed?
1: Change Freeze / Bookworm rules of course.
- Bookworm carries over the last earned power to the next ball
- Freeze slows timers, does not stop them.
2: Give Mad Hatter an additional power
3: Remove bonus x increment from lower lanes. Top lanes only grant that.
4: Add super jackpot shot remaining count to mini tv screen.
5: A better spinner rule. An effect for the spinner jackpot (currently there seems to be none)
6: Make Joker Surfs Up part one last longer
7: Change the GI dimming effect or add a setting to remove that. I never liked it.
That's just off the top of my head. I really like the Mad Hatter music and episodes in the game, but never feel compelled to play them for any scoring benefit.
King Tut and Shame are great as is I think. Egg Head is pretty good too, but I need to play that more.
It's really just wishful thinking - I'm no expert or even claim to be of course.
Rob

Aside from those, my biggest gripe is that the three wizard modes are just chaos without any real purpose or goal. After seeing what Keith did with the JP wizard modes, I feel like Lyman could have done so much more with this.

Having some sort of linear goal to reach with each of the wizard modes would have fit this theme so well. Lyman does it with the villains, where you are trying to jail them, but I feel like there is no purpose to the wizard modes.

An ultimate wizard for completing all the three wizards would also be cool, but again, I would love to see it be part of the Batman story. Having to make shots to defeat a villain or complete a mission (like fighting off the shark) would make you want to shoot for things. Now I feel like it's a gongshow.

#15478 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Aside from those, my biggest gripe is that the three wizard modes are just chaos without any real purpose or goal. After seeing what Keith did with the JP wizard modes, I feel like Lyman could have done so much more with this.
Having some sort of linear goal to reach with each of the wizard modes would have fit this theme so well. Lyman does it with the villains, where you are trying to jail them, but I feel like there is no purpose to the wizard modes.
An ultimate wizard for completing all the three wizards would also be cool, but again, I would love to see it be part of the Batman story. Having to make shots to defeat a villain or complete a mission (like fighting off the shark) would make you want to shoot for things. Now I feel like it's a gongshow.

I get what you are saying. At the same time, there is something to be said about absolute scoring mayhem that happens in the mini wizard modes. They are better than villain escape in my opinion. I let my daughter pick and play one the other day. It was pretty fun to watch haha.

#15479 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I get what you are saying. At the same time, there is something to be said about absolute scoring mayhem that happens in the mini wizard modes. They are better than villain escape in my opinion. I let my daughter pick and play one the other day. It was pretty fun to watch haha.

The mayhem was fun when I first got to it, but I'm at the point where I'm not really motivated to play to get there. After playing through the wizards on JP and feeling like there is an objective, I've sort of list interest in getting to those wizards in BM66.

The game is still awesome, but I feel like I've seen it all now, and not sure I need to see it again.

#15480 1 year ago

Put my Cat Woman on location today!
At Keg N Coin in Jacksonville FL!

20200209_114529 (resized).jpg
20200209_121310 (resized).jpg

#15481 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:Aside from those, my biggest gripe is that the three wizard modes are just chaos without any real purpose or goal. After seeing what Keith did with the JP wizard modes, I feel like Lyman could have done so much more with this.

The purpose is scoring points. Big points if you build up the different kinds of multipliers there are in the game. I don't think BM66 needs another wizard mode, but I wouldn't mind seeing a third level of Major Villain episodes. There's certainly a lot of untapped content from the shows that could still be put into the game. I certainly enjoy the episodic content as I'm playing.

Rob

#15483 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

This one?

flash (resized).JPG
#15484 1 year ago

Yo peeps ,

Anyone done a DIY decals for the ramps ?

I so need something to cover those shiny ramps .

Thanks to anyone who can help .

#15485 1 year ago

The blu ray arrived . Excited to get into the extras .
Scrapbook looks very nice and signed by Adam
Have a good night all .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine... does your little music button work? Mine make some noise... bout it...lol

#15486 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

This one?[quoted image]

Yes.

That's also a good flasher to use with pin stadium's if you have those.

#15487 1 year ago

Yo peeps ,
Anyone done a DIY decals for the ramps ?
I so need something to cover those shiny ramps .
Thanks to anyone who can help .

Someone way back in the thread has a cheetah/leopard print design on the ramps. I dont recall if they were home printed or if they were a preprinted material that had the design and they just needed to be cut in the right shape.

Whatever they were I'd assume you need some type of mylar over them so they wouldnt wear out quickly.

#15488 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got mine... does your little music button work? Mine make some noise... bout it...lol

where is it?? lol

#15489 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Someone way back in the thread has a cheetah/leopard print design on the ramps. I dont recall if they were home printed or if they were a preprinted material that had the design and they just needed to be cut in the right shape.
Whatever they were I'd assume you need some type of mylar over them so they wouldnt wear out quickly.\\

Sounds lime a mission for DocQuest to pop out

#15490 1 year ago

where is it?? lol

While doable, a decal on a metal high lift ramp would more then likely not look great long term. I beleive thats why you rarely see many done for any game. Even paint or powder coat tends to looks worn in short order. Even made of mylar I suspect with a well played game in short order you would be trying to tear them off at the first sight of wear. Thats just my opinion anyway. Anything technically Can be done its a question of Should it be done. There are many great ways to pimp your Batman, for me ramp decals would be tough to justify.

#15491 1 year ago

Agree and a little puzzled.
What is not appealing about shiny stainless ramps?

#15492 1 year ago

A suggestion that Would make your game pop! As you have the all stainless wire forms, changing those up to look more like the LE or CE version would for sure change up the Batcave so to speak. You could send yours out Or simply order a new replacement set from Marco. I personally Love the way the LE wire form colors look on the game. Good luck with your decision.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9974-02

#15493 1 year ago

BTW Harbor Freight sells these great little 4” candy/ snack dish for the machines too.

55BF4C3F-3B8F-43FF-A6D2-A860D94159ED (resized).jpeg
#15494 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

This one?[quoted image]

Yep!

#15495 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A suggestion that Would make your game pop! As you have the all stainless wire forms, changing those up to look more like the LE or CE version would for sure change up the Batcave so to speak. You could send yours out Or simply order a new replacement set from Marco. I personally Love the way the LE wire form colors look on the game. Good luck with your decision.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9974-02

Cool that these are available, but a little too rich for my blood.

#15496 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While doable, a decal on a metal high lift ramp would more then likely not look great long term. I beleive thats why you rarely see many done for any game. Even paint or powder coat tends to looks worn in short order. Even made of mylar I suspect with a well played game in short order you would be trying to tear them off at the first sight of wear. Thats just my opinion anyway. Anything technically Can be done its a question of Should it be done. There are many great ways to pimp your Batman, for me ramp decals would be tough to justify.

ACDC ones were awesome, one on the left was a train track continuing the train track mod...on the left was bombs to tie into the cannon mod.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p18/ACDC-Ramp-Decals-Pinball-Mod.html

Jurassic park ones are also nice, I bought them from ,

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-ramp-rail-accents

They have held up and no signs of damage.

#15497 1 year ago

where is it?? lol

Right side of the box....

#15498 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree and a little puzzled.
What is not appealing about shiny stainless ramps?

I think decals on the ramps would look tacky... IMHO...

#15499 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

agreed. at some point enough is enough

#15500 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I actually like the way they look, it fits with catwomen's lair purrrfectly. However to each is their own and folks will taylor machines to their fancy that what makes this hobby so much fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 16536 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 331.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside