IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

547 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 3.
#4545 6 years ago

Well I Finally joined the Batman LE club today thanks to an Amazing local Pinsider #Kklank. He is letting me relive my childhood entertainment with one of the cleanest (not sure he ever played it) examples I ever seen! My kids and even my wife Love the theme and we are proud to make Batman LE #97 "Bat Jets" part of our collection for a Long time!! Minor coincidence, I get Bat Jets and I sell Water Jets for a living.... Anyway, within the next month I hope to have this converted to a 100% SLE-clone to finalize my vision. While waiting for the machine I have collected every toy, waterjet a mirror copy of the SLE speaker acrylic parts, and the pin striping goes on tomorrow! I do feel a bit guilty joining this group so late in the game with all that you have waited on software wise. For me the first code drop counter is only day one! sorry... Learned a lot on this group and plan to share my modifications etc with the group as I progress. Same Bat Channel!!

IMG_8999 (resized).JPGIMG_8999 (resized).JPG
IMG_9001 (resized).JPGIMG_9001 (resized).JPG

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to the club! But isn't that the Batman Returns bat signal?

You may be right but as Doc may concur that logo is simply a easily removable profile. I can change it with a simple sticker or even waterjet the correct one but for me this cost a mere $18 and took 5 minutes to install. Personally I think the signal in the show was never precision focused. They were shooting it into the Sky! Plus its yellow which I believe matches the back glass and looks good. Again, it's a nice feature and I applaud Stern for coming up with it but for $200 plus dollars I do Not believe its a Must have OEM make or break need. I only use it when company is over but everyone has there own taste. My taste is Cheap when it comes to do dads like this. Lol.

#4554 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Kevin doesn't actually play his pins, he just turns them on and shoves them!

All I can say is he is a Great guy and this was probably the smoothest buying transaction I have ever had. Not to mention everything in his collection looks like a museum which is important to me as I know he knows how to take care of his toys! I would say Never fear doing business with him!

#4558 6 years ago

Whats the rush with everyone wanting code? JUST KIDDING!!! I got my machine Yesterday even after following this thread! I feel for you early adopters truly. Especially if you have a smaller selection of games. Odd question since it appears we have Lots of time to analyze this game.... On the far left side of the playfield toward the top just past the entrance to the ramp is a Long playfield plastic strip that just kind of floats there without a fastener? Is that correct or am I missing a piece of tape or something? Not an issue just seemed like a Long plastic barely fastened. Thanks, still new to me.

#4563 6 years ago

OK sorry clearly my description was not accurate enough. I already have the ramp upgrade (not installed yet since I have yet to have a single ball issue one day! lol) I am talking about the Long plastic that runs up the Side wood rail of the machine Left side almost touching the cabinet. Toward the end I can lift up that plastic with one finger almost 3 inches with no fastners. There is only 1 plastic along the left side. If this still doesn't make sense I can always just post a pic if that helps. Again, not an issue just never seen a plastic That long with only 1 or 2 fasteners holding it.

#4565 6 years ago

This would be the plastic in question. Not prying, just simply flops up. Is this ok?

IMG_9006 (resized).JPGIMG_9006 (resized).JPG

#4567 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about the batgirl plastic that starts over the gadget targets and then ends by the start of the left orbit? If so, the plastic tapers and is too thin for fasteners at the end. It's not going anywhere unless a piece breaks off.

Thanks. If you say this is good I will just ignore or possibly stick some chewing gum under there to make me feel better. Noticed it waxing the lane and flipped all the way up with the rag. Need to have better rag control.....

#4583 6 years ago

But This time they signed it with a Heart!! That has to mean Something no? lol

#4606 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the info and the pics! I decided to get off my butt and install mine this morning. Here's how I installed it and my mini-review of it.
The crane mod I got was free from a fellow pinsider but it was an earlier version of the mod and was modified in a few ways. This version was originally taller and was cut down a little so it wouldn't protrude lower than the existing front of the crane. The current mod you can buy is the proper height and doesn't need to be cut down. The top of this one was a bit rough from being manually cut down but all of that is hidden once installed. I think my install approach could still be used with the current crane mod available at Mezelmods. Here are 2 side pics of it installed on my machine.

There are two wires (green and white) that run along the length of the crane and interfere with biasing the crane mod all the way forward. I cut the 3 cable ties holding the wires to the side of the crane and 2 more cable ties holding it to the other wires and to a plastic before going down the playfield hole near the pop bumper behind the crane. Under the playfield the white and green wires go to a 2 pin connector which you can disconnect. Once disconnected you can pull the 2 wire harness up through the playfield hole.
At the front of the crane the green wire terminates to a ground tab that is held by a screw/nut at the front of the crane. If you want to bias the crane mod right up against the front of the crane you need to rotate that ground tab. Just loosen the nut a little bit (8mm wrench works) so you can rotate the tab 90 degrees. Then re-tighten the nut to hold it in place. you can now push the crane mod right up against the front of the crane.

I added some double side foam tape to the top of the crane mod so it would stick to the top-underside of the crane. I then ran the wire harness through the center of the mod. To ensure the mod didn't fall off over time I also added a cable tie to the front corner of the crane. There was an empty hole there so it was the perfect spot to secure it.

I added another cable tie on the back end of the crane using the existing middle hole that previously held the wire in place. This cable tie is just holding the crane mod to the crane. Its not holding the wire harness here since the wire harness at this spot is above this hole.

I added another cable tie on the last hole to hold the wire harness in place. I pulled the wire taut before tightening the cable tie so that the wire wouldn't droop into view under the crane. I then put 2 more cable ties in the same places as the previous ones were to secure the wire harness to the other wires and the plastic
just below the crane. You want to make sure you have a little slack here since the crane needs to move freely. I then ran the wire down through the playfield and reconnected it.
My approach takes a little longer to relocate the wire but I like that the crane mod is centered under the crane. If you don't move the existing wire harness the mod will still fit under the crane but it won't be quite centered. You would need to bias the mod to one side so it fits alongside the existing wire harness.
I like the extra bit of detail this mod adds to the crane and think it looks great. Since this one didn't come with the dome light cover for the top of the crane I'll have to ask Mezel if he'd sell that one separately. You can buy the crane mod from the great folks at mezelmods here:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-crane-upgrade

Dam you Doc with all your write ups and mod ideas, your costing me a Fortune!! Thanks for the Awesome lamp and detailed write ups! Now I have to take mama shopping so I can calm the house and get back to pin upgrades.....

#4613 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt Stern will have the game there, but someone will.
In all seriousness- if there is no code update, what's going to happen? Not like enough Batman owners are going to be there to make a difference.

Not saying to do this But if someone wanted to make a point to Stern one Could bring their Batman 66 to the Expo, keep it turned off, and put a sign on it that says "Display only as Stern sold them." lol. Have to say That would be a slap in their face with a pin unveil soliciting new customers. lollol.

#4732 6 years ago

For anyone interested, I started a new post covering a step by step process to Clone your LE into a Super LE along with Speaker light kits and other items I will have available in the next 2 weeks. Can't stare at a machine with no code forever, time to start building my Own SLE army! I will continue to update that post with additional items and how-to steps including repainting the speaker panel to SLE it. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle

The Mod Couple

#4734 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Some progress pics. Still playing with the striping and messing around with the coin door. Wanted something different. Getting there.
Still need to finish speaker lighting and playing round with options to put a toy near shooter lane. I wasn't a huge fan of the additional batmobile there. Seemed odd to have two batmobiles on the playfield, might light the bat cycle and add that there. played around with some custom painted text to match the text on the side cab. Not sure I'll leave that. Added some art to the legs also. Still debatunthat one too...

Love the look of the pinstrip on the coin door! Thanks for sharing, I was looking for nice simple detail like that to dress up the front end! Thanks!!

#4735 6 years ago

Since we are sitting around waiting for software to play Batman I have a question. Batman liked to label everything in the entire batcave as if he had a labelmaker addiction including the bat poles. What would happen if they accidentally went down the wrong pole??

Batpole (resized).jpgBatpole (resized).jpg

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thank you. Do you have to take all the stuff off the Batman 66 to put on the playfield protector ? I'm not skilled enough . #2 Where or whom did you purchase your Batman 66 Playfield protector from I would like to look at there products . Thanks a million.

No, only a few minor items need to be removed for a proper fit. Trust me, even with minimal skills it is a very DIY project. Just take your time and Pictures! Good Luck!

#4750 6 years ago

Update. Always positive in production we are ahead of schedule. The Sewer Mag Protector is now available and packaged to ship starting today! You can PM me direct if you wish though it would be best to use direct checkout via our Pinside Market store under "The Mod Couple"! I will update on production status of the Speaker Illumination kits as well as the Toy mounting custom plate soon. All still on track as promised. Thank everyone for their interest.

Direct Link to "The Mod Couple" Pinside market store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01265-batman-66-sewer-magnet-protector

IMG_9220 (resized).jpgIMG_9220 (resized).jpg

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought the same ages ago, laser cut or waterjet replacement Plastics in acrylic or something super strong with a silvery tint to it with the red edging on, from what yelobird has shown so far with his mods I think he's the guy for the job and could make an awesome replacement!
I'd also like that horrid orange plastic that the Batmobile is riveted to replaced with something more show accurate or just better looking. yelobird batmobile and batboat mount is awesome with the little bat sign cut into it, if he could do one like that for the spinner that would look awesome!!
What do you think yelobird? Have you given any thought to replacing the atomic pile during your SLE upgrade quest?

I appreciate the kind words J85M, thank you. Yes I agree on the Atomic pile, seems kind of last minute. I am working on a concept for that now but remain focused on my commitment to get the Illuminated speaker SLE kits out on time and wrap up the Batmobile mounts to ship ahead of schedule this week. Thanks and I will keep all posted and Do appreciate the feedback on what people would like to see. Creativity inspires creation!

#4833 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Hey, I thought of something kind of upbeat tonight. As I installed Modfather's Sewer Decal on the magnet and cleaned up my PDI glass a bit, and then marveled at how beautiful my BM66 playfield looked, it hit me. You know, our BM66 pins sitting and not getting played too much while waiting on code for this past loooong year, has allowed our clear coats to cure longer with minimal playfield stress. Compared to our go-to pins with decent code of course, like in my case a fun pin like Iron Man which has been taking much of my playfield hits since I got BM66. So, just FYI on a way that we can think positive about BM66 until we finally get to Beta code in October. At least it'll keep us from lighting them on fire.
I wonder if all of the inserts will work after the next code drop? Will Batgirl finally have a mode? Will the minor villains do something, anything? Will gadgets be worth taking up so much real estate on the playfield? Will the best topper ever invented, actually do something during game play? Will I no longer scream in agony after listening to Joker music over and over again capturing and recapturing him for nothing? Will I finally have something to shoot for besides Bat Turn?

The Modfathers decal? I thought I sold you that... lol I to hope for a deep yet much more complete code. Until then all we can do is improve, modify, and gaze at the beautiful playfield. Its actually a pretty great game as is as long as your a crappy player like me. lol Should have an update with photos on the speaker illumination kit this week and production is still on track for 1 week completion.

The Mod Couple

#4834 6 years ago

Sorry I may just be to lazy to read all 97 pages again but what was the fix for the stuck (sticking) joker target switch? Pulling the glass to pop it out every 10 plays seems counterproductive. Any advice would be appreciated I'm certain I seen this asked before just couldn't find it. Thanks.

#4844 6 years ago

Thanks to all on the Joker adjustment ideas. I will give it a try today and hope this goes away.

#4846 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea when you will have something to show for the modded Batmobile spinner and Atomic Pile? Ideally I want to order your stuff all at once and there is more than one of us in the UK that would like to do the same to make a bulk order.

I appreciate the interest thank you. At this time we are focused on getting the Illuminated speaker kits completed on schedule then the Atomic Pile as well as a few other concepts will start progressing. Over promising and under performing is the last direction we want to go. I assure you we will be working on additional titles and refining current products. Currently Black Knight, Hobbit, MM, BM66, and FH are complete. Thanks again for the interest, we appreciate everyones input and business.

The Mod Couple

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

installed the vehicle mount and villain cars. Still want get a light on them. Played a quick game and got villain escape and 1.2 billion. So, decided I liked the mod lol

Love those villain cars! How did I not find those! Sweet. Are those in the same Hot Wheels classic series? Really appreciate the new idea I may choose to go your direction now. Maybe the riddler car chasing the Batmobile??

#4857 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you want villain cars from the actual TV series, eaglemoss produced a few. They did a joker mobile from the surfing episode in season 3, a catmobile that eartha kit drove around in season 3, and a batmobile after penguin stole it and pimped it out to be the "bird-mobile" from season 1.
The eaglemoss cars are a little bigger (maybe 1:43 or 1:50 scale) but very detailed. Hot wheels also put out a penguin bird-mobile at one point as well.

Thanks Doc, cost me more money. After seeing your pics I opted to buy the Joker Mobile Surfer along with the Penguin Batmobile for the mount plate. Already have one batmobile on the playfield so I thought those would look better than my Boat... Thanks for the direction.

#4861 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Anyone know where to buy the Joker surfer mobile? It doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

I ended getting mine off EBay NIB for $24. The OEM is out of stock at this time per website.

#4863 6 years ago

You must have gotten the last one. NO ONE has this available.

Here is one though it is $33 it offers a "Make offer" which is what I did to get mine for $24. Good Luck!

ebay.com link: BATMAN AUTOMOBILIA CLASSIC TV SERIES JOKERMOBILE DIE CAST MODEL

#4885 6 years ago

An update to all that inquired or are interested. I have updated my Batman 66 Clone Super LE forum post with the photos and current status of our Batman Speaker Illumination kits which are still on track to complete for shipment this Saturday. For anyone interested or wishing to see additional photos you can follow the post below. Thanks

The Mod Couple
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle

IMG_9325 (resized).jpgIMG_9325 (resized).jpg

IMG_9324 (resized).jpgIMG_9324 (resized).jpg

IMG_9326 (resized).jpgIMG_9326 (resized).jpg

#4978 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone install a pinstadium lighting kit in their Batman66? I'm in the preorder list and finally got my shipping notification today.
I'm getting the base kit with GI control and the UV flasher option. Trying to decide which of the 8 flashers would be the best one to trigger the UV glow with.
I was originally going to add some spotlights to try and brighten up the overly dark playfield but when I heard about pinstadium that sounded like a better approach.
I'll be sure to do some before/after pics once I recieve it and get it installed.

Doc, I would Really appreciate your R&D results on how and where you hook yours up. I have the same kit on order just after you. I was told if I don't get it this week I could pick it up at Expo next Friday. Hoping to follow your lead and guidance on setting this up on this theme. Thanks.

#4999 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Providing what has been said is true and actually comes to fruition BM66 release should be v1.00 or higher when it drops next week.

Hoping for you and us but unless I missed that post/writing from Stern the only ones saying it Will be v1.0 and dropping next week is this forum. lol So many hopes and speculations over the past many months has proven disheartening. I do Believe this Will be a great finished product but not until the OEM actually makes these statements and claims. Managing Expectations so to speak.

#5038 6 years ago

The Mod Couple is Pleased to say we have completed the Batman Super LE illuminated light kits On time and are available to ship starting Monday! Limited run this first batch but we wanted to stay on our commitment and promise. Info as well pricing and additional photos are available via our Batman Super LE Clone thread below. Something to keep you guys/gals busy while we wait for the big code drop next week!! Thanks all for the interest! PM after reviewing other post for interest. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle/page/2#post-4004846

The Mod Couple

IMG_9388 (resized).jpgIMG_9388 (resized).jpg

IMG_9391 (resized).jpgIMG_9391 (resized).jpg

IMG_9376 (resized).jpgIMG_9376 (resized).jpg

#5041 6 years ago

Because we just couldn't wait for the code we decided to throw out one more new MOD for Batman 66. As simple as it looks is just fits the look and theme Perfectly! The KG Bird crane mod! A Penguin purple translucent umbrella complete with hand painted details and 3D penguin emblem! 1 minute install with no parts to remove from your game. Looks great and color matched to both playfield and KG Crane. These will be available this coming weekend (sorry need to get some Expo in!) shipping Monday. Appropriatly scaled to protect his fiendish feathered head. PM for interest. Price at this point has not been calculated as Ms Mod Couple hasn't calculated the hand painting time.... Thanks for looking, hope we provided a new theme spin.
The Mod Couple

IMG_9416 (resized).jpgIMG_9416 (resized).jpg

IMG_9415 (resized).jpgIMG_9415 (resized).jpg

IMG_9411 (resized).jpgIMG_9411 (resized).jpg

#5045 6 years ago

Lets all join hands and count down together in hope and confidence that Thursday is The day for the Bat-gasm awesome software code spectacular!! 3 DAYS to Show!

#5050 6 years ago

Illuminated Speaker kits packed and shipped today as promised. (Not a fun Sunday) First production run sold out in a few hours though our second run is set to complete Wednesday so there is minimal delay to buyers. Thanks to everyone for your interest and purchases. We love what we do and appreciate your business! Thanks

The Mod Couple

#5057 6 years ago

The "One Mod" we can not create but we are all drawn to....
"My Precious Empty Zip Stick" lol Waiting are ready to go!

IMG_9421 (resized).jpgIMG_9421 (resized).jpg

#5094 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

And it shows how? Statements like this always get me....you are making a huge assumption and stating it as a fact. All you know is you haven't received BM66 code. Lyman may be working on the machine after Elvira, maybe he is playing checkers in the back of the plant for 6 hours a day, or maybe he is working on BM66...the truth is that none of us know. Unless there is someone here that I don't know about, none of us have ever coded a pinball game, let alone a pinball game with an LCD screen and several years worth of material to try and incorporate. All we know for sure is we have waited a long time for the code.....none of us and I mean NONE of us have any idea how long the code actually takes to develop. There are a lot of folks here that think they do, but none of them know the timeline as a fact.

I totally agree with your post and have thought the same myself. Also, as not a huge stern follower isn't this the first time Stern has used the copy, edit, modify, live film/video process in one of their games like JJP? To me that is Way harder than the old style make a bird in dots and animate him to fly so to speak. Add to that, while not torture Lyman had to watch ALL 120 Batman 66 episodes memorize and cut where each statement/scene applies and edit that to make pinball sense. He's basically a film director now on top of a programmer. Just trying to understand this undertaking is Not as simple as past Stern/other title challenges they have taken on. Maybe they underestimated the time/effort needed to do something like this (think JJP titles) but my Hope is the result and efforts will be Amazing on an Amazing title!! If only Lyman had a Bat-Analizer......

#5099 6 years ago

Hands together only 2 more days. The downside to this is I fear this forum post will become a desert wasteland of silence.... Everyone huddled in their basement/game-room analyzing every amazing dialog of code. I will miss the creative and detailed feedback this Long thread has provided. We are Almost there........

#5110 6 years ago

The Batman 66 "KG Bird Crane Umbrella" mod is Complete and ready to ship!! We made several fine adjustments to make the appearance, strength, and translucency even better than the original prototype. The 3D penguin figure is now more pronounced with additional hand painted detail!! The translucent lens was also strengthened to give it a more rigidity and a smoother finish. Looks Amazing and the install is Extremely simple without tools. 1 minute install. Looks great illuminated or off and matches the theme and coloring of the feathered fiends crane perfectly. Have a look at the pictures, I hope others like the upgrade as much as we enjoyed creating it. PM for purchase. Available for $24.75 plus $4.25 first class shipping. Thanks for viewing another Mod Couple Bat-Exclusive!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9430 (resized).jpgIMG_9430 (resized).jpg

IMG_9428 (resized).jpgIMG_9428 (resized).jpg

IMG_9423 (resized).jpgIMG_9423 (resized).jpg

IMG_9425 (resized).jpgIMG_9425 (resized).jpg

#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was thinking about replacing the ball deflector on the bottom of the batgirl plastic with something more interesting but was still functional.

There is a Batgirl cyle out there I could use but who knows if she'll ever be in the game or not. I was thinking about using this since it has a fun mode in the game and it looks cool.

Also thought about putting it on a bumper cap as an alternative location.

OK, only so I don't feel like I'm taking your idea lol that ball diverter is my next project. Done but not ready to throw out. My direction was (feel free to make your own) to make the Stern supplied diverter into the hazard road block barricade that block the entrance to the Batcave. More of a decal kind of simple option but that is the direction I was going and it was a key highlight in the shows intro. Shows how similar we think at times lol.

batbarriergatefence (resized).jpgbatbarriergatefence (resized).jpg

#5180 6 years ago

One more day. I will miss all the code banter while we are all huddled around our games soaking in the code. It feels like the day before Bat-Xmas....

#5182 6 years ago

Since we have time and all, sorry my first time on a Stern Spike 2. How does one do the proposed code update. Is it similar to a JJP system? I assume, download code, extract zip to appropriate zip drive, and update.

#5215 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody look into this do it yourself kit yet?

Don't have that one but I Did print some Blue decoder rings with anticipation for the New Code drop! lol I have too much time on my hands. lolol

IMG_9433 (resized).jpgIMG_9433 (resized).jpg

#5217 6 years ago

On a lighter note..... A sincere Thank You to all for your interest and business with our Batman Mods. ALL items including all KG Bird kits have shipped and will arrive soon for your complete code update! Thanks to all.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9430 (resized).jpgIMG_9430 (resized).jpg

#5243 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone has has questions to ask during Q and A post them here.

Can you please ask them what their position is on global warming..... and if you have time, Where be the code! Lol

#5493 6 years ago

Installed Yelobird's SLE speaker light kit today. What a fantastic mod and one of the most satisfying mods I've done to a machine yet. Need to add that if you have a PRE with a PRE topper you will not be able to connect the speaker kit to the CN6 plug on the power distribution board. Right now my topper is unplugged as I'm enjoying my light kit more. Not quite sure what I'll need to get both connected so if anyone can direct me to the proper Y splicer etc I'd appreciate it. Electrical is not a strength of mine. Thanks for a great mod Yelobird!!!

Thunder, Thank you very much for the review and positive comments. It was learned later that the secondary market Stern plexi topper is also using the 12v plug for an LED purpose. I will have an edit for this with a simple "Z" splice and secondary plug shortly. I will be sending you one at no cost and Thank you for helping us improve the product for All. I will be in touch shortly with the part and get it out to you asap. Very glad you like the upgrade!

The Mod Couple

#5496 6 years ago

To Brighten the software mood Temporarily I thought I would interject some an Awesome light of joy to the Batman dialog. I purchased the Pin Stadium light kit available from Scott and all I can say is WOW! Looks incredible on Batman 66 and the installation was Incredibly easy!! I ordered my kit (a few weeks ago) and Scott was kind enough to hand carry it to Expo so I could get my light on so to speak asap. So without further a due.... Below a few Before and after pics but I Assure you the result is Far better in person. I have never played this game in a lights out room before today. The beautiful color and art of this machine come Alive (more so than the software.....). Note that my color tones, mount point, and brightness are to My liking. With his incredible easy app its as simple as moving your finger to get the color, balance, everything, easy-peasy! I included photos of where I believe the connections and flasher connection work best for me but that is also a personal choice. I feel the results look Great. I connected the simple kit per his step by step instruction and made my preferred GI connection along the right side of the playfield (as shown) for simple secure access. The Flasher to me of best choice was the pop bumper area center bulb. Give a Cool lighting effect and the strobe is nice yet Not strobing while the ball is in the lower play area which would be for me a nuisance. I stripped a Very slim amount of the Stern heat shrink tubing to expose the connection and clamped away. I will make a permanent solder connection later when I feel 100% certain in my position decision. For now it is Beyond what I expected and the service, support, quality, and effect is priceless. (well not priceless, but worth the cost!!) Let me know if there are any questions and Highly recommend to all for all games!!!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9509 (resized).jpgIMG_9509 (resized).jpg
IMG_9512 (resized).jpgIMG_9512 (resized).jpg
IMG_9504 (resized).jpgIMG_9504 (resized).jpg
IMG_9506 (resized).jpgIMG_9506 (resized).jpg
IMG_9496 (resized).jpgIMG_9496 (resized).jpg
IMG_9494 (resized).jpgIMG_9494 (resized).jpg

#5497 6 years ago

Forgot to add a pic showing the area I ran the Pin Stadium lights neatly. GI bulb on Right, (see Black clips) and Flasher below (with Red clips. Also, for raising the playfield simply remove from magnets, carefully position straight down playfield and position end just under sling rubber so they stay put while raising the playfield.

IMG_9497 (resized).jpgIMG_9497 (resized).jpg

IMG_9491 (resized).jpgIMG_9491 (resized).jpg

#5500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I apologize to ask this (I know this was asked before), ... but, what is the scale of the Batmobile and Boat of the SLE please?
It is too big a 1/43 Batmobile to put it on the mounted plate?
Thanks in advance fellas
Paulo JC

Paulo. Stern uses the Hotwheels 1:50 scale toys on the SLE. You could use the 1/43 but they may look a bit wide for that area (shooter lane). Personally I have the Hotwheels as shown below and they look great to me.

Bats (resized).jpgBats (resized).jpg

#5546 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I never add mods expecting to increase my pins value. I do it because its fun and gives me a creative outlet.
Plenty of other Stern LE's and others (Hobbit) have lower resale value than they were NIB so thi isnt a Batman thing. Not every game will appreciate in value less than 1 year after it comes out.
Speaking of resale, I noticed the Batman66 SLE for sale in the free play room was gone fairly quickly. Anyone know what it sold for?

Love to know myself but I will say that game had some minor issues. Not sure but it seemed like the spinner switch was stuck on and as long as you sat there you kept getting points. Add to that the rotating playfield had some issues and the ball lock did not work and the lock bar pin striping was starting to slide. Nothing major but that is the cost of Expo testing. I was amazing someone would bring a game of that prominence and $$$$$ to an Expo to be beat to death. Hope the new owner can polish it up and give her a new home. Great to meet the Doc and several others at Expo this year. Put a face and Real name to the characters on this forum. lol

#5561 6 years ago

Doubt this will make anyone feel better but it Really could be worse.... I paid Full price for a BBB and waiting 3 Years to get a Game let alone the software. What about the poor TBL buyers? They paid this much and More 4 Years ago and in my view that deal looks more like a Berny Madoff game than a hope. Just saying, we are All disappointed Stern Way over shot our Expectations but it Really could be worse. Plus I have only had my game for one month so....lol JK!!

#5597 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im not sure what info they would be collecting from the audits that would be useful to finishing the remaing modes.
The part of that post I find a little weird is the line "... while also implementing player feedback that was supplied directly to the team at this years show..." what is that all about?
I didnt see anyone from Stern by the games asking opinions or having players filling out comment cards. Did anyone who played the games at the show get asked about code?

Only the Stern Army was interviewed! lol Didn't you get your recruitment papers? I think #JHF is just upset he wasn't enlisted in their awesome army to spread pinball joy across the planet! lol Just Kidding!!

#5613 6 years ago

Just a Minor update from The Mod Couple. While not for everyones taste, the Batman 66 "Atomic Pile" plug and play kit is coming along Incredibly well!!! It looks Awesome and the detail and fit is spot on. I am hopeful everyone will appreciate the detail/precision this upgrade offers. It was crazy how many hours went into engineering and modeling this assembly but the results were worth it! I am Hopeful to have final assembly pictures up in the coming week thought the wiring is still in process. Loved this challenge.

The Mod Couple

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

installed the mod couple light kit for batman '66. It looks great but unfortunately hard to centre perfectly owing to the design of the machine but very happy with the kit. Feedback for Yelobird is that the brightness adjuster is a bit hit and miss and also when installing some of the two pin connectors was fiddly but cool mod.

Agreed, the brightness adjuster is a Slow delicate screw but luckily once you set it you are done. Yes, I agree it upset me that the position Stern put the speaker hole in does not allow for absolutely perfect left/right alignment (I mentioned I have OCD?) but pretty hard to see when installed unless you look for it. Your install looks Great and we greatly appreciate your feedback and interest in our products!!!

The Mod Couple

#5636 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

If anything the yelobird mod needs to be more off center to look authentic... I look forward to getting mine.

I Really wanted to custom make the inner metal Stern mounting plate to relocate the speaker to true center but at a certain point a the customization becomes a new and costly creation. I wanted to provide the most authentic and quality kit we could produce without having the owners Completely rebuild the game. For the record, Stern not only moved the speaker closer to the outer edge from the SLE model but also moved them Up! I realized this when my first assembly of Bats was off the grid so to speak. You can verify this by counting the dead honey comb rows on an SLE vs a Premium or LE. All good. We think the kits turned out great and the feedback has been wonderful. I am VERY certain to raise the bar High with the "Atomic Pile" replacement mod very soon. I will say at this time probably my most complicated and detailed toy creation to date!! We appreciate you.

The Mod Couple

#5640 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Care to share some details of what we can look forward to?

Lol, JFH. All I can say is I am doing Everything I can do give my (others) games a look similar to the picture below! In a Very miniature version. lol I will Promise it looks Way better than what Stern put on the game and as always this will be a Completely plug and play remove old assembly, install new upgrade type kit. 2 screw, 1 plug, Play! I do think you will like it and I promise as always to share the Completed product as soon as it is ready! Our estimate is this weekend. (And no, there will not be any villain bodies on ours!)

Batman-0002 (resized).jpgBatman-0002 (resized).jpg

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As soon as I saw your shooter lane mount I mentioned you doing the Atomic Pile, specially with your good lady pinstriping/painting the edges like she did on the Batmobile/Boat mount, pretty certain it's going to look awesome and very much looking forward to the reveal this weekend!
Any chance you could also do a new mount for the Batmobile spinner? The factory organgy/red mount looks like sh*t, something show accurate or something like your Batmobile/boat mount with red edging and the Batmobile bat symbol cut out in the middle with more red edging would look awesome!!

We thank you for the suggestion and yes that is something I was considering after the Atomic cool Pile is done. From request however I plan (very quick sneak in product) to add a second variation to the Batmobile mount plate to allow for the Eaglemoss 1:43 scale models to fit. As doc showed the detail on them is Spectacular and they offer some Really cool villain cars which to me (and others) fit better since there is already a Batmobile on the playfield. I will offer both variations but many have requested the slightly larger version to accommodate the other toys. Myself included! Made a last minute color change (OCD perfection) to the Atomic Pile today but still on track to complete this weekend. Thanks again for everyones interest!

The Mod Couple

#5680 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I posted some ideas previously:
Mr Freeze - Freezes your timers or a specific timer of your choosing with the action button?
Shame - Randomises a modes shot pattern?
Bookworm - Could force you to make mode shots a set number of times to light up shot multiplier inserts
Tut - Changes up the number of shots required on a particular shot in order to progress to SJP
A perk/bonus that matches the villians personalities from the shows would be cool which is why I thought of the things above to best match their characters.
Seasons would be great as mini wizard modes and would be awesome if the main villain modes changed up their shot requirements and patters season to season similar to how ST modes work/change from level 1, 2, 3.

Cool ideas hope they are reading. It is fairly sad though that we are Imagining what this game Could do instead of it just doing something. lol

#5692 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why not? We all have games we prefer more than others, imo BM has the potential to blow a lot of Sterns recent releases away.
I'm also hoping JJPs POTC has given Stern a kick in the ass to up their game.
So have you joined the BM66 club hazoff with your first post here? Prem? LE?

Batman Blows at this point but just not in a good way! lol My opinion and fear is the only thing Stern carried away from the JJP unveil is their pricing structure. SW, BM66, I hope they are Both great and finished within our lifetime!

#5701 6 years ago

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod Couple style to wake things up! As promised, the prototyping, design, and Endless test runs are now done and the Batman 66 Atomic Pile is now DONE! (not for sale yet but Very soon!) I think the design came out Very nice and Much better fits the theme, scene, and Class this pinball machine is in. While Stern made a very nice attempt our creation we feel really compliments the Batcave as it should be. All kits are currently being designed as a plug and play. You remove only the plug and 2 screws holding your Stern Atomic plastic and your done. The fit of this setup as you can see is like a Glove! I did have to make one concession and raise it .25" to accommodate the Stern squishy dog toy phone. If you have the slimmer aftermarket one you can simply remove my provided spacer though I actually Really like is just a bit higher so it covers the TV when the Batcave mode is running. (rotated) Also, with it raised it nicely shows the upper deck and applied warning stickers. I did need to keep it slightly still a Pinball theme so the silicone rings are used instead of the steel rings seen on the actual Atomic Pile. These rings also act as the replacement buffer behind the TV perfectly since the old ones will now be gone. Have a look at the pictures, we would love to know what you think! Love or hate, we do this because we enjoy it and love the 66 theme. (plus theres no code anyway!) I am Hoping to have these available in About a week. Please note that this mod takes an Insane amount of time to fabricate, assemble, paint, detail, etc so they will not be a shelf item but we will build them as fast as we can if there is interest. I will update all on pricing and availability for anyone interested. Thanks for all your interest!!

The Mod Couple

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.07.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.07.02 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.05.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.05.09 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).png
IMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpgIMG_9563 (resized).jpg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpgIMG_9565 (resized).jpg
IMG_9566 (resized).jpgIMG_9566 (resized).jpg
IMG_9573 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpg
IMG_9577 (resized).jpgIMG_9577 (resized).jpg

#5704 6 years ago

I failed to note that this entire Mod "structure" is made from ABS durable plastic. Not cheap PLA plastic which would break in this environment. Minor detail but we can't have the atomic generator breaking down!

#5705 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I’m in. How much?

I am working on that just burning the midnight oil to get the part CAD models done and display a finished product on time as promised. As mentioned, I will update everyone when they are available and what the final price will be very soon. Thanks for your interest!

The Mod Couple (up late to pull this off)

#5732 6 years ago

Thank you All for the comments, suggestions, and feedback! It feels great to know your concept and direction didn't take a left turn so to speak. With that said there were a few Appreciated comments I wanted to cover. First, I failed to note that this was my prototype assembly so I did not miss my commitment to display by weekend. In making the first product the first thing that hit me was I did not like the color or finish of the blue parts. They were a touch to "plasticky" and the powder blue just did not do it for me. I am going with different color on the blue parts that I feel many will like much better. (plus it will calm my OCD lol) Second, while not called out I did decided to have the Core lens image of the Pile professionally printed to give it darker and more defined detail. I enjoy rushing to meet deadlines but not sacrificing the best possible result. These are very Minor edits and should not delay us (Amazon is open 24/7)! Thank you all again for your interest, feedback, and support!! We will update soon with final results/edits as well as availability! Minor tease... I think everyone will like what we are doing (not done) with the Batmobile spinner table!! I think the results look Awesome but these are Not done and will take a while do to the Atomic interest.

#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay this needs to be shared here, just stumbled across this on google, maybe a couple hundred dollars less I would be all over one of these.
https://www.factoryent.com/Batman-1966-TV-Series-Batcave-Desktop-Sculpture-p/408958.htm

Soooo your saying you would pay close to $800 for a model??? lol No chance mine will cost anywhere near that Promise! Also, yes technically to scale the Real Atomic pile acually had a third level deck though the Batcave was not limited to a Pinball Glass Ceiling as I am. lol You are very observant and we hope to make some of the fine tuned updates quickly. Have one new update to add also in a few minutes...

#5743 6 years ago

Few minutes are up! We promised a few days ago due to Many requests to update a second Batmobile custom mounting plate to accomidate the Awesome but scaled differently Eaglemoss replica cars. First a Huge thank you to #Docquest for his recommendation to consider their cool Batman 66 villian cars. They are Incredibly detailed and offer several really cool and affordable options. While I originally went with the original Stern SLE hotwheels look there just in no sense to have another Batmobile on the playfield! Following the theme of the game the Eaglemoss villan cars look Awesome. I went with the Penguin Stolen Batmobile and the Joker Beach car. They are extremely authentic to the show and look great. The new Mod Couple option is the "Batmobile Custom Eaglemoss mounting plate". The plate is slightly longer and the shape is changed in width and other variables. Also, since the plate is longer do notice the slight offset towards the top should you already have the Gotham City post sign. (Can't have mods fighting mods!) Hand painted mod kit is hand painted and includes the standoffs needed like the other kit. Unfortunately my material layout yield was off with the additional sizing so the the Eaglemoss kit will be $2 extra sorry.... Cost for the Eaglemoss kit is $27.25 + $6.95 shipping. PM for interest, both sizes are currently available!! Minor cool note, the Eaglemoss cars include mounting screws in the bottom so install is as simple as picking a car(s) and drilling (2) 1/8" holes for a permanent mount. Thanks to all for the request and interest.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9581 (resized).jpgIMG_9581 (resized).jpg

IMG_9583 (resized).jpgIMG_9583 (resized).jpg

IMG_9582 (resized).jpgIMG_9582 (resized).jpg

#5744 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

DO you think we could just swap the whole turntable out an stick one of these in there?

Pretty please, give the Mod Couple another week(ish) to show you what we will offer for the current "Pink" bat car spinner. I think you'll like it and it's fairly simple and low cost. With the New Atomic Pile addition that florescent pink disk just doesn't cut it anymore for me. Stay tuned, same bat-channel............

#5746 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you have any other games? I notice you don't display your collection on Pinside. Reason I ask is, I am hoping you own some more of the games I have for future mods
Looking forward to seeing the spinner mod you have, so far every mod you have made for BM66 has been a homerun!

Thanks for the kind words. Yes we have about 14 games in our collection with JJP POTC and Houdini on their way. We do offer mods for other titles (MM, Hobbit, BK, FH, TZ, etc) in our Mod Couple Pinside store. Truth is for us some games are very personal to us an Deserve a special treatment. We try not to make a mod that is just stick an LED into toy and sell type. Not all mods are for everyone and Totally respect that. For me, if it adds a creative value or adds quality I think mods are safe. TZ as an example "Jumped the Shark" so to speak which is why I got out of that mod game. I started this 14 years ago with a simple TZ Slot machine and TZ lamp and since then that machine has been pimped by anything people can stick in it. Again, not bad just not my taste or interest. Thanks again for your compliment and interest. We love BATS! lol

#5756 6 years ago

Hmm, thats something I need to take into consideration for the batmobile spinner.... If some are riveted that may be an alternate concern I need to work around. Don't feel like buying everyone a new matchbox car. lol

#5757 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....that turntable ( underside) has a lot going on, and many areas to hide. I changed my Batmobile out to one of the cool, shiney versions. Drilled small holes and used JB Weld to fuse the screws to the underside of vehicle. Not going anywhere, and I can unscrew it and rivet at a later date to a new disc that is rumored.....

Can you share what kind of Shiny new batmobile you upgraded to? Worst case scenario I may need to upgrade everyone and offer this as a complete riveted assembly unless people are attached to theres...

#5773 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I mounted her from behind
<play ba-dum-ching drum sound here>
I drilled a small hole right up her poop chute. Then I put some harbor freight piano wire in the hole. The other end of the piano wire had a little loop on it that you attach under a screw by her feet. On her feet I also added a couple of glue dots from the craft store.

Ok that made me nose blow coffee. To funny.... You really need to consider selling her. Please, I love what you did on that one with the lit jewel. PM me if you would sell!!!

#5775 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'll take a disc without a Batmobile will screw with locktight, haven't had any need to use my riveted replacement since using new screws and locktight.
Maybe offer both versions?

I think that is the direction we are going to need to take on this project. I hate to sell people a car they don't need but I will not exclude people that received the improved riveted option. Just need to lock down on the Batmobile car people like best for the w/car option. I hate when an OEM has multiple variations, makes life complicated lol.

#5780 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I preordered it way back when from their website when they were first announced. They had quite a backlog but I think they are caught up now. I talked with Scott for a while at expo and he's a great guy and did a great job with this mod. The phone app to control and tweak the color and fade effects is really impressive.
He said almost all the people who order opt to also get the flasher and GI control options with it. You dont have to add those options to get the better overall lighting but these add ons definitely add a lot to the wow factor. If I didnt get them I probably would have regretted it as I dont think they can be added later. I'll probably be adding a set of pinstadium lights to my Ash Vs Evil Dead retheme pin next.

Not sure but I believe you and I also got the UV option when ordering. I know I did and Strongly suggest it. Looks Awesome!! Love the Pin Stadium lights on Batman 66. My post also shows my pictures and how to.

#5790 6 years ago

Does anyone have a picture (bottom) of the Replacement Stern riveted Batmobile replacement? I can easily rivet them but wanted to see what I am facing for people that don't want a car. One option I came up with that would save money (buyer) as well as hunting for 100 out of production batmobiles is a threaded base plate that would bond (very well) to the existing car. So you could use the plate with stock holes, drill out your rivet heads and use my mount and your car, or use my mount and the car You like and save some $$. A picture would be Awesome if someone would share.

#5803 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So maybe I am an idiot....what did I do incorrectly here?
The other pictures I see posted the led ring is centered in the grill...mine is offset to the left (facing the machine). It is centered properly over the speaker hole...so I am not sure how to adjust this.....

Unfortunately we are at the mercy of where Stern placed the metal hole cutout for the speaker. There is no way to relocate the speaker closer to center unless a completely custom internal mounting plate, studs, support, etc were created which would make the kit a bit less affordable to accommodate the 3/16 error they supplied us. Yours looks great and you did a perfect job! When lit it will hardly show but it will be slightly off as you note.

#5804 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I also have factory speakers and ended up moving the mod toward the monitor about an 1/8”. Your eye doesn’t really catch that it’s off with the blackground and lack of tweeter on the factory speaker.

Thats a Great point and recommendation #Zdoor! I never thought about it but you could easily and simple apply the kit LED ring Slightly (1/8") off the center alignment towards the monitor and problem solved. I went with line up hole to hole to keep it simple to understand but I will add your suggestion to the next install document. It's not Nearly long enough!! lol Thank you Sincerely for the tip, we Love making this Perfect and Everyones help gets it there!

#5822 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Super quiet here. I guess everyone is holding their breath hoping for a code drop this week.
Lots of people complaining about length of code development time and insisting Lyman is being put on other projects. So from a historical perspective, I wanted to see what the time frame was from the initial code release to last release for the most recent Lyman coded Stern games.
I looked at: Batman Dark Knight, Tron, ACDC, Metallica, and Walking Dead. Here's what I learned looking at the readme files from his previous games.
BDK: 647 days
Tron: 630 days
ACDC: 854 days
Metallica: 1146 days
Walking Dead: 435 days
Batman66: 314 and counting
Average duration is 742 days or about 2 years.
From a code quality perspective Lyman games are prety.much universally acclaimed.but he is not know for quick development time as shown by the numbers above.
His quickest game was Walking Dead at about 1 year and 2.5 months. Metallic was longest at about 3 years.Plus keep in mind that some of those games had feagure complete code becore the last release.
Some have been complaining about length of time since the last BM66 code drop (153 days so far). If we look at other games it can be even longer.
Longest stretch between code drops:
BDK: 402 days
Tron: 458 days
ACDC: 384 days
Met: 423 days
Walking Dead: 178
Batman: 153 days so far
Metallica was the worst as it had several long stretches between releases:
Vers 1.22 to 1.50 - 205 days
Vers 1.63 to 1.64 - 233 days
Vers 1.64 to 1.70 - 423 days
So based on this data, the length of time on the Batman66 code isn't out of line with development time on Lyman's previous games Plus factor in that the added video assests for a Spike2 game will make it a little more complicated than the older DMD games.
Lets hope Batman66 ends up being on the shorter end of the spectrum like Walking Dead.

Freaken awesome perspective and effort to manage everyones expectations! Bravo. Add the New OS system and countless exploding board emergencies and we can see it will just take time. Thanks Doc!

#5828 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So, how bout that atomic pile?

Glad you asked! Actually, with the complexity of this assembly I wanted to make Certain it was Perfect or as close as I could make it in every way including appearance, function, installation, and even service! This week I redesigned the LED illumination setup since (as shown) the Stern setup was fixed meaning you could not remove, replace, or change the LED color. I redesigned this with a removable LED cap so the owner can replace if ever a problem, change the color to something more personal or exotic (except Purple!!), and also changed the assembly to a Plug in mod so not only is it plug and play, but you also don't have to dig into the Crazy lazy suzan of mechs and boards should you wish to service or remove the mod! (Now setup with Quad LED!) Makes installation WAY easier!! I found what I believe to be the Perfect color of Slate grey to replace the prototype baby blue I displayed in the first images. Looks Spot on to the original and No shiny Barbie Doll looking plastic texture! I think everyone will like the attention to detail. Along with professional laser printing the Atomic Core cylinder for better clarity. I should have the FINAL result and images displayed Tonight along with pricing and availability. We appreciate all the interest and Very hopeful everyone likes the end result!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9541 (resized).jpgIMG_9541 (resized).jpg

IMG_9584 (resized).jpgIMG_9584 (resized).jpg

#5840 6 years ago

As promised.....The "Batman 66 Atomic Pile Custom" is officially DONE! As previously mentioned, we took a few days to review the prototype from top to bottom, consider feedback, adjust specs, fitment, lighting, color appearance, end user installation, and we feel confident the time was well spent! The biggest change was the hunt for the Exact slate blue accent color to make the mod(el) a perfect match. I think we found it and it looks WAY better then the original test part! Many improvements especially in the wiring and installation documents which I noted earlier. I present now the Finished Atomic Pile!!!! We are collecting orders now in the order received from this point for the first batch of 12 units which will ship Monday AM! This kit is 100% plug and play to the Stern connection. Also, the original Stern Pile is Not effected or harmed so it can be replaced should you decide to reverse (WHY) your decision or sell the game. There really is a Lot of components, art, fabricating, hardware, & time that goes into each of these hand crafted Atomic mods so please understand we did what we could with the price. Complete kits are $163 + $7.25 shipping US. We Sincerely appreciate Everyones input and support!! We love this hobby and we are Batty for the Batman 66!! PM for interest and availability and Thank You!

The Mod Couple

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).png

IMG_9612 (resized).jpgIMG_9612 (resized).jpg

IMG_9610 (resized).jpgIMG_9610 (resized).jpg

IMG_9606 (resized).jpgIMG_9606 (resized).jpg

IMG_9600 (resized).jpgIMG_9600 (resized).jpg

IMG_9613 (resized).jpgIMG_9613 (resized).jpg

#5844 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Where do I order? Who do I paypal? Im in.

Simply send me a PM and I will confirm all orders and make sure there is no line jumping...

#5847 6 years ago

I am Sincerely sorry I was not clear in my post. The first Dozen kits will be complete to Ship Monday morning via Priority USPS. The second run will be done Next week. Simply send me a PM for interest and I will provide Paypal info and Confirmation that you are in the first or second run. Don't want to delay anyones expectations. Thanks All for your interest!!

The Mod Couple

#5849 6 years ago

Quick question before you hit full production on these. Is there any way to get some more light near the top of the flasher? Maybe an extra hole or two to let some light near the top? Just a suggestion. Fantastic mod and can't wait to get this into my game. Thanks again for all your work!

Good question. I actually used a 4 LED setup to distribute more light and the light and color are removable should you wish to change it. I should have noted, in the pictures I am also running the Pin Stadium Lighting setup (Very much recommended) so the flash is somewhat muted since his lighting kit truly lights it like a stadium! The internal light column (The Atomic Reactor!) is completely hollow from base to Batman 66 decal on top. (yes you can remove that if you like.. I liked it!) Overall it gives the game and theme a Really cool look when the Reactor powers up! Love it!

IMG_9615 (resized).jpgIMG_9615 (resized).jpg

#5860 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any concern about the extra weight of the mod on the turntable?

No, it weighs hardly Anything for this mechanism. Almost a wash compared to the Stern. No harm to me. The people have spoken. We will remove the sticker from the top (Bat 66 logo) on all of them. For what it's worth my wife hated it also. I just love the old school logo and how else do you dress up a Pinball part on an Atomic reactor! lol. Alway, all gone and we love the new look.

The Mod Couple.

#5863 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you include a little Jill St John skeleton to go inside of the atomic pile?
» YouTube video
One of the funniest scenes in the entire series.

Toooo funny you say that! Mama Mod Couple bought me this to stand at the rail on ours Atomic Pile. She said we Had to have at Least one special element to stand out! Corgi Batmobile Batman figure. Ebay $5. I plan to heat him up from the back side (did I just say that??) and stand him upright!

Batman (resized).jpgBatman (resized).jpg

#5868 6 years ago

An OCD question. How many times per week do you guys check the Stern website for the long awaited code update? 2-3-......30? Or do you just wait for the Batman 66 thread to light up? I do hope today is the day. I could use a breather to enjoy some (little) new Batman entertainment and challenges.

#5876 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
At the first part of the year, I checked every few weeks. These days I'm mostly watching for mod news from Yelobird and ramp news from mk6pin ... if code does drop the thread will blow up and vireland will put out an Amber alert.

To funny. Mama Mod Couple asked me that question laughing that we may have done more creatively with the Batman 66 theme in 1 month then Stern has put into it in over a year. lol Just a mindless question will I assemble and check the Stern site repeatedly! lol

#5879 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've been trying to do more cardio training lately. That way when I go to the Stern site and see that new code is avail to download I wont go into cardiac arrest.

lol. Do Squats cause thats what you'll find on the Stern site!

#5884 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I just hope it isn't simple to get root.
Apparently my company is their landlord now as well. Maybe I'll get them another year of their lease for faster BM66 code updates.

Heck with that. We need to go to the Source of our solution. I want to know Lymans landlord!!! lol

#5893 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My hope is the delay is to really have more than what was at expo, but I'm feeling we will be disappointed because in 5 months, we should expect more than a minor update

Hopes and Dreams are Rarely the same result. See you all next Thursday. At least everyone will (if I keep up pace) have time to install their Atomic Pile before Code! Optimist! lol

#5985 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Damn. I really thought we would see the new left ramp and Atomic Pile mods delivered before we saw new code.
Thanks for disappointing me Stern...

Atomic Piles as Promised are moving along on schedule and look great! Hmmmm should I play the New Code all weekend or finish making all these Atomic Piles..... Ahh Let mama Mod Couple work on them while I do Preventative Product Testing! Thats it! I will update all when complete but at this point we are still committed to the Mod Couple deadline promise. (Not a George Promise! lol) Need to catch up on the Atomic Pile before the Batmobile spinners are done. We Need to complete our commitments without sacrifice before attempting new project releases. Managing expectations and such. Yeah! Code, Code, Code, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, na......

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I'm digging this game even more now, however I'd love it if the upon answering the bat phone that the magnet would always grab and hold the ball for a couple of seconds
It seems to only hold the ball on soft strikes to the phone, otherwise the ball flails wildly leading to unfair drains
Do you guys think this is a code issue? I'd love to see this rectified

Not dissagreing with you on the magnet but a magnet was Meant to throw the ball wildly and unpredictably like every game. Pinball is a game of skill and luck so yes sometimes it can seem unfair/unpredictable. Mine does about the same, I rather enjoy keeping on my toes not knowing what will happen.

#6048 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Throwing the ball wildly when you hit for Joker is fine. When hitting the Batphone, it is nice to have that momentary breather the ball grab gives you.

Theres no resting in Pinball! lol Thats what slot machines are for.

#6059 6 years ago

Holly Atomic Piles Batman!! The march of the Piles is on track and actually Ahead of schedule!! While we ended up Doubling the production goal for batch 1, Mama Mod Couple was a trooper and painted/assembled by my side all day all weekend. We should have most every Atomic Pile order out Monday as promised as well as moving several of the group 2 orders Up! Full color instructions with photos are included for a seemless installation. I would Estimate (depending on how big your fingers are) they install swap will take around 30 minutes. Thank you ALL for the feedback and your interest in our products!! We are hoping to catch a breath this week and be back on production schedule. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9626 (resized).jpgIMG_9626 (resized).jpg

#6064 6 years ago

Make sure the one in the front row on the left gets its rings.

Nice eye. That was Suppose to be a where's Waldo game for later. Lol All soldiers left with their strips. Regarding #MK6PIN I did not use 44 or 555. Stern Spike 2 uses 5V for the flasher circuit now. I used an off the shelf 4 LED ring so the owner can change color if they choose later. As I put in my instructions, if you Choose to have a Blazing Sun look you always have the Original wire harness and bulb Stern provided for in your soon to be removed BatPile. Personally I think the light we used looks great and the effect of the Pile lighting up more is a perfect setup. You can very easily change it to your liking later which is why I made my kit with a Removable LED clip!

The Mod Couple

#6070 6 years ago

Well that a "Wrap" for this weekend. Literally!! 2 Mountains like this in the kitchen and the Majority of the Atomic Piles are on there way to Bat-Caves around the world Tomorrow! Thanks again to all for the interest and your support. Rough deadline on this one but we think the results turned out great. Someone is going to HATE me at the post office tomorrow!!

IMG_9687 (resized).jpgIMG_9687 (resized).jpg

#6090 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Just curious how complicated is the installation for the atomic pile mod?
Thanks

2 screws and 1 plug! Plug and play with complete instructions including color pictures should you not wish to read my BS. lol

#6095 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did anyone find out the exact powder coat colour/finish of the LE/SLE armour (the black speckle)?

Not a powder coat but the results came out Spot on for a DIY if you interested you can follow my step by step guide via the thread I created below. Good Luck!!

#6114 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

so not to sound petty, but why does GotG get a really nice metal surround for the apron launch button, and we got a red sticker? I mean really, the sticker pisses me off every time I look at it when it should've been a nice metal accent of some sort.

Ummm, so The Mod Couple can create an Awesome Bat launch button apron! JK That is number 4 on our list....

#6131 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yelobird, think about this......a yellow Bat-belt, 4 pockets(2 and 2), golden logo on top of the launch.

Not sure a belt would look correct in that spot though I do have a belt concept in the works that I think looks Awesome though it is turning out a bit more involved than I anticipated. For the bonus button I am looking to create something more with the bat theme as it looks great unfortunately the sticker solution or flat solutions just don't cut it for me. That position is the hood ornament of the game. It needs to look Proper and fitting of the theme. Batmobile spinner is next followed by my in the works Batbelt custom. I do appreciate the concepts and feedback though! Many of you have provided Wonderful suggestions to make products Better and I always love a challenge! Thanks

#6135 6 years ago

At this time as is traditional with my creations I am trying to stay plug and play. Meaning, I was going to stick with the general Profile of the stock decal so the owner did not have to destroy the original (art??) rather go over it. I really like (as do many) reversible creations. Never know what the future holds.

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I received mine. Great job on re-creating a complex design thats not only looks great but is also plug and play both electrically and physically within the game.
The mod is well made but I can confirm that it is not 100% dog proof. The package was too big for the mailbox so the mail carrier left it outside the garage door. Unfortunately the dog found it before the kids did.
Are there spare parts available?

DOC. While I haven't heard that one since grade school you send me a PM and I will get you taken care of ASAP. No dog will stand in the way of your BM happiness!! PM me you know I still owe you for the Awesome spot light! I got you covered.

#6160 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Our dog is a total idiot but the kids like him so I guess we'll have to keep him.

Maybe the dogs don't like Bats??

#6170 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where can I order these mods? The pinside.com store says they are not in shock.

Just send me a PM. Due to demand we want to keep shipping in order or request so no one waits longer than they should. Currently all items are available and though we are 2 days behind on Batch 3 Atomic Piles we are actually 2 weeks ahead of our forecasted production! Mama Mod worked every hour of this weekend (with my help) to work on these non stop. We have decided not to include Dog Treats in our shipping packages since it appears that was not a good idea! lolol

#6184 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That would make sense, but I only have Spanish. Weird.

NO problem, here you go! lol

71Qhm5Xd4jL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg71Qhm5Xd4jL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

#6186 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was told Lyman has one and George plans to get one, which he said himself at Expo.

There you go, Believing Everything George says at a public function. lol Haven't learned have you.....

#6194 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am pretty glad how it has all worked out on the mod front, a lot of the other modders showed their true colours when they realised BM was going to be a low production game, some even abandoned mods mid way through showing off prototypes.
And a lot have let their quality and creativity drop off a cliff face, every time I see a mod thread for the next new release its more often than not, copy and paste mods (backboard, scoop, under cabinet lighting), stuff just rushed through a 3D printer or the dreaded whack an LED in any $1 plastic toy you can find that might loosely resemble anything on the playfield/theme, to capitalise on the new game excitement.
Dave and Darcy, have come to the rescue of BM66 and given lazy modding a major creative bitch slap!

Quoted from cooked71:

Gotta say how lucky we are Yelobird owns a B66. The other modders gave up when they realized there wouldn't be many b66 made. Not yelo.
He's not going to stop until he gets us there.....a new mod every two weeks.

Thank you Sincerely for the kind words. It really is inspiring for us both when hours of assembly and design (I mean quality time together) result in others appreciating or enjoying what we created! We try not to rush but we do try to offer something creative in a committed time frame. There are Many really great add on (mod) creators out there it really just depends on your individual taste, budget, and passion for the game title. This title for me is very personal and quite enjoyable to find inspiration. I also believe the followers (owners) of this particular title also have a personal attachment in some way to the theme which furthers the enjoyment. Thanks again to all for your support and for allowing us to contribute to your Awesome BM66 machine!! Much to come for this and other titles in the works.

The Mod Couple

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

David, You can send me a PM for all pricing and availability. Everyone pays the same price (Except international shipping...) No favorite treatment to anyone unless your mama Mod Couple. lol We do appreciate your interest.

The Mod Couple

#6199 6 years ago

Holly Stalagmites Batman!!! The "Batman 66 Batcave Spinner" is finally Done!! This mod took me a bit longer because it introduced Several variables that I needed to consider for All interested. As we know the Batmobile Car (toy) mounted on our stock disk comes in MANY flavors, colors, makes, etc. Add to that Stern had a revision which implemented Permanent mounting of the car to the plate via a set of non removable rivets! With those variables in consideration I believe we came out with a solution that supports everyones needs and I personally think looks Darn Cool!! The kit as shown includes a diamond plate Translucent mask decal for the top or base of your Existing spinner disk. So if your car is mounted, custom, or other this will still work! The mask really accents the Batmobile parked on a mechanical type platform while still offering a clear view of the turntable below!! Then to highlight the Batcave look we have a Hand Painted set of rock walls (cave stalagmite forms) accenting the turn table similar to the Real Batcave. In Mod Couple fashion Please also notice the Very subtle raised and detailed Bat Logo in both walls of the Batcave for that Finished look!! Reminder, NO 2 rocks are the same! Each rock is hand painted and unique. While not the most extreme mod upgrade the simplicity in our view fully completes the Batcave look Especially if you have the Awesome Atomic Pile in the background! Minor note, we did not like the shiny stock screws so Black replacements will be included in every kit. Kit includes (2) Custom Batcave walls, (1) platform diamond plate decal, (2) Black finish screws, and of coarse my Detailed color instruction manual! lol If interested we are selling these Today for $29.50 with Free US shipping. Note that they will be shipping in the order of order receipt and first batches will go out Next week Monday! Thanks again to all for your interest, we appreciate your support and business!!

The Mod Couple!

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

IMG_9729 (resized).jpgIMG_9729 (resized).jpg

IMG_9728 (resized).jpgIMG_9728 (resized).jpg

#6201 6 years ago

This looks really cool!! Will there be 2 decals sent? One for top mount and one for bottom mount for those with riveted Batmobiles? My Batmobile is riveted. How will I use the decal on top of the platform? I'm also concerned about breaking the rocks when tightening the screws. I have to crank my screws pretty hard to keep the platform from flying off the posts.

As noted everyone will get (1) diamond plate decal to go on the top Or bottom depending on your situation (rivet, no rivet) though both look great since its a translucent disk. No fears on Cracking rocks since I am also doing one additional and Very much required step for All kits. Both screws will have Pre-applied removable locktite on the threads so you no longer have to tighten the Holly Wow out of them to keep it secure. I assure you the rock walls are not that fragile. There will be no flying rocks in my game! lol

#6204 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Love the little Bat logos on the rocks that a great touch and typical of your attention to detail.
But does this mean you wont be making a replacement mount? The pink/orange is the whole reason I wanted a new one making to get rid of that silly colour that Stern went with. If it’s something you could do as a custom order let me know.

At this time we decided this was the best route for the Majority of interests, simplicity of install, and lowest cost to user. Truthfully so much Additional detail added the pink is Barely an accent at this point and Very much muted by the decal and grey rock. The edge light is Almost reddish now. This is our current solution we hope you understand. It really does look Awesome!

The Mod Couple

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Also agree, but this is HUGE, low-cost improvement until someone can sweet talk David into making an alternative that replaces the entire spinner (likely with batmobile for those of us with the riveted one).

Appreciate your understanding. For the record, Should we catch up and consider making the clear disk the Same Spinner mod kit would work with it. The disk, (if we make it) will be sold seperately for those few individuals that wish to create their own look. This solution we felt supported the Majority of owners without leaving anyone out or requiring them to buy a Batmobile car of my choice instead of their liking. It really does look great!

The Mod Couple

#6209 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the reply Dave, still plenty of your mods I’ll be ordering, do you have anything else planned for BM66 at this point or is that it?
Reason I ask is I simply want to make one single order with you for everything I want, that way it saves me big time on shipping. Cheers Jon.

I would order now as it will be Some time till we catch up and we refuse to create things we can't ship punctually. Add to that, with the holidays coming we are going to be very focused on family events soon. You have held off with each new release, now would be your time to step to the plate. lol

#6213 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you have anything else in the pipeline Dave? I have been holding off because you have been pumping out great mod after great mod, anything else coming off the Mod Couple production line?

I answered that in post #6209 above directly to you. No, at this time this is our lineup for now and winding down so if you have an interest in any of our products now would be the time....lol

#6214 6 years ago

Minor note and Thank you to all the orders and interest in the Batcave Spinner kit! Looks like mama Mod is motivated and does not want your orders to wait the week so she is double timing the paint hours to start getting them out This week starting Tuesday! (1 week Early!) We love to beat our forecast and it is never to bad to send it to soon. Thanks again Everyone for your support and interest in our products!

The Mod Couple

#6227 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just noticed my joker standups aren't triggering. I know there's been discussion about them in the past. Has there been consensus about a reliable fix for them?

That means (usually) that your Joker center target or targets (Usually the right one) is wedged behind the center support bracket. Pop it loose and you should be good till it gets stuck in 1 day. lol Read more in this thread on how to prevent this. I think the bend it slightly to the right and add foam tape works best. Good Luck!

#6237 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the pics
That looks like its under the metal cover behind Batman? When I'm home tonight I'll probe that connector and see what kind of signals and voltages are there.

Very interested to see what you come up with Doc! Need a better solution but not a 300 Stern version.

#6252 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nuts. Now I may not even want to take it out of the package ...

Lol I was going to say the same thing. Doc made the packaging as cool as the Mod! Decisions, decisions, to open or not to open... As usual, an outstanding job and attention to detail.

#6363 6 years ago

Huge thanks to Doc on the Batmobile Parachute pickup van!!!! Looks AWESOME and his attention to detail from package to product is spot on! I installed it front and center replacing the bland Stern ball diverter metal plate which looked completely out of place. (Granted I have yet to ever see a ball travel up there?) Thanks again Doc, a work of art and effort.

IMG_9743 (resized).jpgIMG_9743 (resized).jpg

IMG_9744 (resized).jpgIMG_9744 (resized).jpg

#6376 6 years ago

With everyone Finally enjoying the steady stream of code updates i wanted to provide a product update from The Mod Couple. Due to many feedback requests (and Appreciated!) we have decided to also offer the Custom Batcave Spinner with hand Pinstrip as an Ala-cart. The Batcave Spinner upgrade is still offered as previous and if you wish simply add the Clear Custom pinstrip disk as an upgrade if that is your preference. The Batcave Spinner upgrade kit is still $29.50 free shipping. If you wish to add the Custom Clear disk option that would be $12.25 extra. $41.75 total for the kit. If you prefer to Only purchase the Spinner Disk (includes the Diamond Plate decal!) the cost is $17.25 free shipping. With this setup you can choose what you like. Thanks to All again for the feedback and interest in our products. It is wonderful to know your efforts are appreciated and we hope to continue to impress as we move forward! PM for interest or purchase. All items are currently IN Stock and ready to ship.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9746 (resized).jpgIMG_9746 (resized).jpg

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

#6378 6 years ago

So the $17.25 option is for the clear, pinstriped disc with the decal correct? I already purchased the previous $29.50 upgrade. Just curious why those who already purchased the spinner upgrade pay $5 more if they want the clear disc option?

Thank you for that note and input. You are 100% correct and I apologies for not including that in my write up. Yes, if we have you listed as previously purchasing the Batcave Spinner rock set upgrade you will only pay $12.25 for the disk. Sorry for missing that point. For the record, the reason the stand alone disk costs more seperate is because the print Diamondplate decal, box, and shipping is already included in the Base Spinner kit. Since the Disk stand alone needs to Also come with those items we need to cover costs. Hope this makes sense.

The Mod Couple

#6383 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love all the mods, they are great! Tired of F ing talking about them and installing them.
But gotta say, BM66 is coming together VERY nicely!
I have to tell myself again that "In Lyman we trust" because sometimes the patience meter wears a little thin.
And this pin is becoming my FAVORITE PIN guys.
Can you imagine what it will be on Dec code?
It's Lyman genius.

Hey! Lyman paid me to keep all of you busy working under the hood of your game to run interference while he works on his masterpiece! lol So agree with you on Favorite. While I am biased simply loving the theme alone the animations, shot combinations, and depth potential of this title for me makes it a top 5 favorite for sure. Remarkably I only have to ask my wife one time if she wants to play and as long as it's Batman she is in! Even after sitting at a bench assembling parts all day she still loves the game! Lol

#6395 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Instruction picture.

Just send me a PM for questions to help you quickly. Yes, for some goofy reason my previous supplier of that Spike cable flipped a coin on which color wire to install in that harness. lol You will be fine as my plugs are keyed from that point. PM me if you have any trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

#6397 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I wanted to get an answer quick, but will PM you. So I assume the Grey on the top is okay and that's the power.

I sent you a PM.

#6422 6 years ago

A few have requested an updated photo showing the Complete Batcave Spinner kit with the upgraded Clear pinstriped diamond-plate disk installed. Hope this illustrates the kit better. Thanks again for all the interest. PM for availability or purchase.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9773 (resized).jpgIMG_9773 (resized).jpg

IMG_9769 (resized).jpgIMG_9769 (resized).jpg

#6426 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a riveted Batmobile, but want to use the Mod Couple clear disc, so I need to buy a replacement toy.
My notes say the car needs to be 80mm, 1:64 scale. To those that have put a more detailed model on the spinner what did you use? There is some discussion from earlier in the year, but I didn't see anything definitive. I ordered this one which sounds good, but won't know until I have it.
I'd like the most detailed model (preferably with a metal bottom) that will fit on the spinner. Advice on mounting options welcome. Like many, my original Batmobile came flying off the assembly. When I put LocTite on the screws the bottom melted. I presume rivets are still the best, but don't have the tools to do it. Are people comfortable with using screws? What size are needed?

A riveted Batmobile is not really necessary. Stern simply chose a hardware solution to make the mount. Yes, Loctite on plastic will never work as it is not designed for plastic! I simply drilled the same 1/8 hole as Stern did originally (or use your old car) but this time I injected Gorilla glue Into the hole making sure some went into the car itself. After injection, mount car with 2 screws and let set for a short while to allow the glue to do its work! The internal glue drastically adds bite as well as thickness to the thread bond which was Not preasant in Sterns first attempt! Mine is rock solid even enter removing the screws several times for photo/upgrade purposes. Epoxy with the same method would certainly do the same as Gorilla glue. Hope this helps!

#6429 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How wide and long should the screws be?

I used the stock ones Stern had screwed into the cars originally making sure to also use the 2 washers on each screw under the car so you are compressing the bottom of the car to the base rather then pulling the base (compressing the wheels) which would pull the screws out. I believe any 3/8" self threading screw would work fine even the hex head ones used in the bottom of any playfield (as shown below).

IMG_9774 (resized).jpgIMG_9774 (resized).jpg

#6432 6 years ago

Doc did a really nice conversion using off the shelf items.

I agree, Doc did an Awesome job and write up on this. Fairly simple and not much for me to produce. I am doing mine the same though the Clear type phone alludes me still. Have the other parts though.

#6434 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, do I love this Mod!!!! yelobird or doc, do you know if this Mod will actually clear the base of the Mod couple's new atomic Pile? It looks amazing, but "squishes" the top of the phone chew toy, due to the larger base. If it clears, then I'm definitely going that route........thanks....

It will fit and while not done that is the current Mod I am doing to my machine. Keep in mind for perspective the Doc phone is significantly smaller than the dog toy phone. With it roughly 1/8" over the front edge like the Stern toy it fits perfectly. As mentioned, you actually need to get two different kits to create that look. The phone that comes with the Glass Cake dish looks like crap as Doc pointed out in his post which I agree. Finding the more transparent solo phone as he used is harder to find.

#6447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea how I missed that post. Thanks.

Last he PM'd me the SLE set was still available. Hold your shorts though as this is not your average cost sticker set. Not saying in Any way that he wasn't fair just a little outside my comfort zone and the Thought of scraping down my New LE to properly install these made me shiver. PM him if your wanting the ultimate Mod.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6449 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I didn't do much of a write up on that one since there wasn't much to it.
You get the "cake pan" to go over the phone here for a paltry $6:
http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanclassictvseriesdarkbluebatarangaccessory-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx
It comes with a bat phone but the detail on it is a little lacking and its not as translucent as you'd like.
This same company also sells a nice sized version of the Shakespeare bust also for $6:
http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanclassictvseriesdarkbluebatarangaccessory-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx
So you can get a better bat phone as part of this play set for $25:
https://m.toysrus.com/product?productId=54368326
Unfortunately I never saw a source of just the phone by itself so you gotta buy the whole play set to get it. Amazon has it too but it's $10 more right now. It comes with a cool action figure and a bunch of gadgets though (even a Bat-Zooka!). It also includes a Shakespeare bust but its a bit small and not as nice as the other one linked above.
So you basically need the cake pan and the Shakespeare bust from the figures toy company and the phone from the batcave play set.
Then I just put a red LED in the round black base of the cake pan under the phone that lights it up quite nicely. You might be able to use the same LED stern uses it you trimmed the board its mounted on. I think my phone LED board might have actually been a RGB LED board with just the red lead hooked up. I stuck the phone and bust on via those little glue dots from the craft store. I put a really small drop of super glue on the base of the clear cake pan to hold it to the base. Be careful though as too much could make the base of the clear cover cloudy.
Here's a link to my old post showing some comparison pics of the bust and phone:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/43#post-3689128

Thanks for the reminder on the ToyRus connection for the translucent phone. Stinks that you have to buy a complete set to get it but what can you do. With that said, if anyone else has attempted to use the ToyRus website bravo to you! That has to be the Worst format and execution of a buying website I have seen since the early 90's. Phone is on the way and secondary Cake Pan parts are already in house. And No to anyone that asks, we do not plan to make kits on this! lolol.

#6450 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So I was thinking about what signals to use to trigger the topper bat signal projector I'm developing for Premium owners.
LE owners have the node boards already for the batmobile topper so there is already a separate jack with a CPU controlled on/off signal for the projector that can be used. For example it comes on during start of each villain mode when you do the Commisionner Gordon bat cave sequence.
Even if Premium owners buy the premium topper, it doesn't come with any node boards because that topper is just a static display that is always on when the game is on.
So would people be OK with the batsignal projector mod always being on when the game is on?
I tried using the existing batsignal projector signal for the upper right playfield (for the mini bat signal that's on the SLE's). All premiums owners have that connector but its on/off signal come the same times as the LE batsignal topper projector. For example it flashes during attract mode which doesn't look right for the projected batsignal. It also doesn't come on during the Commisionner batcave sequence at start of each villain mode like the LE one does.
I thought the projected signal looked best when it was steady on during attract mode.To have it go off during game play I would need tap a existing lamp that tuns off during game play which I couldn't find.
So if it bat signal projector mod was on all the time whenever the game was on would people still be interested in that?

For clarification (very interested in your work or offering on this) that the LE units you have figured out no issue its the Premium units that you need to get creative? Seems like leaving it illuminated constant would be rather cool in my opinion. If the game is on, Batman is in the House!

#6458 6 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Yelobird. What did he want for those Decals. I was thinking a blow dryer might soften current decals enough to just peal off.

To be respectful of the seller you can PM me and I will let you know otherwise you could just PM him directly. Seemed like a nice pinball guy.

#6466 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Does the shaker add much to Batman so far? I don't have a shaker, but thinking about it. Mod Couple's stuff is also so freaking tempting.

I am on the fence with shaker motors on games personally but for Batman I think the integration and effect is a spot on and highly recommended if you don't have one. I have a few games that it doesn't really make sense on but on this title I believe Lyman will fully utilize the add on to a valuable asset. Thank for the compliment! We do appreciate knowing our work is enjoyed and that means a lot especially the feedback to Improve our efforts! I was just in Shawnee last week after a stop in Olathe ... Small world. lol

#6488 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Well, my game arrived today...

Crap that S*&Ks. That to me looks definitely dropped Somewhere along the way. I sadly know this because I dropped a game and the exact same thing happened. NOT saying to do this but it is actually a fairly easy repair Provided your distributor or Stern can make it Really worth your while!!! If say they gave you a $750 ish refund I personally would just fix it but Not for less then $500 depending on your financial situation. Dribble high strength carpenters glue down the seam and be prepared with a helper to install at Least 4 wood clamps and block to protect at the corners. Clean with a damp cloth as you clamp and it will be invisible. Especially since the decals were not harmed. Again, I would not do Anything until you see what they will offer to make this blunder right!!! $500 refund Plus a New complete decal set which you could flip to a Premium user for $700 might make the pain lesson. lol Just trying to find a positive in this tragedy. Poor beautiful Batman...

#6489 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably one of the coolest mods for the game. Everyone made fun of the "useless lazy susan" at launch (not me)...its going to be one of the most creative toys, and really stands out as a nice centerpiece w yelobird mods. A great, great, interactive area of the playfield, and will only get better as Lyman perfects the code.......
(I really enjoy the shaker, btw)...

Quoted from cooked71:

Mod Couple are very professional - packaging, instructions all top notch. Got the Atomic Pile installed over the weekend. Was a little worried about the look of the 3D printed stuff, as I'm not usually a fan of 3D print (ridges/lines/flat looking), but this has come up a treat. Looks stock and such a HUGE improvement on the Fluro Perspex/pop bumper Stern model. Thanks again Mod2.

I was totally fine with the pile and spinner until I saw the pics of it installed. Now I'm a somewhat sad panda. The phone and TV still bug me a bunch too. yelobird what's the deadline to order the pile mod and spinner mod?

We REALLY can't thank everyone enough for the feedback and kind words. Truth be told, I Convinced my wife (stay at home mom) that she would enjoy sharing her creative talents and with my access to basically Any high tech manufacturing equipment those creations could become real! While she won't admit it she gets all emotional and proud when she reads your feedback. When and we do, make a mistake or delay she as do I feel bad that we let down a supporter. Thanks again and sorry for the mushy response but it really is uplifting to feel like we are doing something in a hobby we Both enjoy that others appreciate! If we ever let you down, let us know. If you have a creative thought or suggestion we always listen. Thank you all!

To #Brewinbombers, we agree on the phone. So not the right fit for this game with or without the Atomic Pile. While we do not plan to offer a kit we do plan to do a write up using the support #Doc has already provided so each of you can create your own Proper Bat Phone addition with direction and what you need to get. The Stern dog toy will go to our Bulldog for minutes of tasty fun!

The Mod Couple

#6492 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the board mounted under your beacon have a 3 pin connector on CN3 that has a red and yellow wire on it?
If so, I think that one is the signal to toggle the projector on and off. If you have a voltmeter it should be easy to check. It should read 5 volts dc when beacon lights and 0 volts when its off.
I ordered all my parts today so hopefully I will get everything in by the weekend to start building them.

And unless a line has already formed I call DIbbs on being your first customer!!! lol

#6495 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lets just hope my dog doesnt get a hold of my incoming parts before I do.

I got you covered with the package I'm re-sending you tomorrow. lol

#6500 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I was flooded from Hurricane Harvey with 2 feet of water. We were out of town, but my kids were in the habit of keeping bean bag chairs under our BM66 for storage. This luckily created a floating barge/seal that lifted and protected the game just enough to keep the water off the cabinet. Thank heavens for little things.
Unfortunately all my BM66 paperwork was flooded including the replacement stickers for game targets. I've emailed stern a few times but received no reply. Does anyone know where I can get replacement stickers?
Also, the rubber gasket behind the Commissioner Gordon shot has totally disintegrated. Does anyone know what replacement part that is and how to remove the Commissioner Gordon shot target to replace it?

SOOO sorry to see this for you, your family, and more importantly your Home! The game will live on but the horror you have to clean and contend with moving forward is tragic. Sorry and best to you and the family. Stern will get them or I'm sure other resources like Pinball Life can get them.

#6513 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How does it work with cliffhangers now?

What do you want a Spoiler? lol Go play it and find out!! lol just teasing.

#6523 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Good, I thought I was missing out on something? Am I?!
And, regarding the decal on the lockdown bar, didn't The Mod Couple aka Yelobird say he was thinking of coming up with a mod for this? I might be wrong but I remember a post recently about it.

Yes, in the works soon I promise!

The Mod Couple

#6528 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It truly is quite fun...alot to keep up with...Im hoping to get through all of them and see what happens...I just dont play good enough...yet

As crappy as I play I may never see the cool factor but dam if you all didn't convince me to try! How do I set it to 8 ball play again??? lol

#6530 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Were you able to measure the voltage at that connector during attract mode when projector should be on and then again during gameplay when projector is off.
Can you (or anyone with a premium) confirm if there are mounting studs in the upper back of the back box? My LE had them for the node boards so I assume the premiums have them as well even though there are no node boards there. Also assuming there is an existing hole in the top of the back box for topper cables?

Someone with a Premium Please step up and Help this man so I can get his Awesome projector Mod already!!! lol Worst case you could always use the vent screens in the back of the backbox as a wire route? Just start your product line for us LE owners and I am Certain the Premium owners will step up with details soon after they see your work....

#6532 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Installed yelobird's Atomic Pile, Speaker Mod and a couple of modfather's Pin Cups. Also put in a Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. I did the Stern replacement batmobile/disc and left ramp diverter and ramp ball deflector.
As usual, yelobird and modfather's stuff look amazing. (Photo's below.)
For years, I've done my own speaker upgrades, and I'm a bit picky. I typically follow this process:
http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html
A couple comments on the 10" "Speaker Light Option" Flipper Fidelity kit. While the Flipper Fidelity set sounds excellent, a couple things bother me. First, the 5/8" standoffs are way too long, and the backbox speakers, which only rest on two screws, are precarious at best (particularly when you consider the additional speaker panel depth created with the speaker light mod). They use these standoffs because the coaxial part of the speakers project significantly beyond the surface, and thus need clearance to not press into the speaker grill. That being said, they don't need THAT much clearance. Also, the new height interferes with the cable that the speaker panel hangs from. If it gets caught somehow on the speaker, it will bend the speaker mount points when opened. Given the precariousness of the mount, I'll probably move to a two-way coaxial (such as produced by Kicker) that I've used in other machines where the coaxial depth doesn't proceed beyond the speaker surface.
Secondly, shame on me for getting the 10" cabinet speaker. I think I literally had a brain lapse when I ordered that. 10" is completely ridiculous. It's fine for LFE in a home theater, or perhaps shaking your car, but for your pinball machine (particularly one with a shaker motor) anything beyond 8" is silly. If you want a sub, I'd probably get an external sub (maybe with the Pinnovators mod) and go that route. I typically cut a larger hole on WPC machines to accommodate the 8" throw and create a new mounting plate. This machine already has an 8" hole. In this case, you get a mounting plate adapter so you can mount a 10" throw over the 8" hole. A woofer throws air, so if you obstruct the surface too much, you're kind of losing the point. Still, the mounting plate makes connecting this enormous speaker easy, but again, it's partly obscured. The instructions with the Flipper Fidelity kit talk about adjusting the backbox volume, which I assume is the "Speaker Volume," and bass volume, which I assume is also known as "Bass." It reads like there should be a potentiometer like I install with the WPC speaker upgrade work...but there isn't anything like that.
This all being said, once I installed the complementary rattle tape on the playfield glass and turned down the bass a bit (I also had to turn down the treble significantly and balance out the volume, though I suspect some of this will be resolved with more music/call out level normalization in future releases), it's like my machine is explosive. I'm not going to lie, it's hysterically fun, in deep bass moments it's almost like it's the shaker motor going off.
Just some thoughts on this process.

SO agree on the 8" over 10". Truth be told I don't think I have ever had the volume over 12? Mama like to play but not with ear plugs. Rules....lol Thank you SO much for the bit about the roll strip of?? My kit had no instructions and while simple to install for the life of me (dingus) I couldn't figure out what the roll of tape was for! Guess I'll be doing that this weekend now since its sitting in the coin box. Still love the Flipper Fidelity kit though the only issue I had were the Aluminum hex studs they provided. Just one extra turn and they break. Guess thats why they give you spares.... Thanks for the kind words and write up. Looks Awesome!!!

#6545 6 years ago

Just a Teaser post since everyone is so quiet playing the snot out of their Awesome Batman with Code (ish). The upgraded lockdown bar Bat utilities button Mod will be released this weekend! Final fine tuning of prototypes and color adjustments are now to our liking and almost ready to present. Again not a mod for everyone but if you aren't a fan (like us) of the last minute Stern sticker bat solution you may like our creation. Stay tuned, Same Bat Channel......

#6547 6 years ago

To heck with waiting for the weekend! Early is better than on schedule! The Batman 66 "KaBoom Bar Badge" is Done! After receiving our Awesome LE the one Stand out what the &^% for us was the boring lockdown bar sticker with elevated button. Just seemed out of place and a last minute detail addition. Sooo, in Mod Couple fashion we decided to create our Own theme correct variation! The KaBoom Badge is Completely plug and play as always. Goes Over your existing Stern sticker to keep your games purity (or SLE value) and fits like a Glove with the Exact same button and bar socket profile as the original black spacer. 5 minute setup tops. 3D profiled with random raised lettering each hand painted to Batman styling. Badge is also angle shaped to match the lockdown bar profile on all sides! For the final small touch, a clear print "KaBoom" decal is included to accent your existing mechanical button for a uniform authentic look! The plastic used was Translucent though the badge only slightly glows in a darker room. Really turned out nice and we hope others will like it as well. The are available now for sale and begin shipping Monday AM! Price is $29.25 Free US shipping. PM for availability and purchase. Thanks as Always for everyones support and interest in our products. We Appreciate you All!

The Mod Couple!!

IMG_9808 (resized).jpgIMG_9808 (resized).jpg
IMG_9795 (resized).jpgIMG_9795 (resized).jpg
IMG_9794 (resized).jpgIMG_9794 (resized).jpg
IMG_9802 (resized).jpgIMG_9802 (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpgIMG_9805 (resized).jpg

#6549 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have all the other Mod Couple mods, but going to pass on this one.
I'd prefer to see a metallic upgrade.

I considered metal as thats what I normally make but the cartoonish theme of Batman 66 just didn't look right with a metal flat badge. Looked to much like a patch for me. I do appreciate your feedback and Very much appreciate all the support you have shown us! For the record it really does look awesome on the game though taking photos is difficult to show correctly.

#6554 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

On the fence, maybe I just need to see it from further away. Creative as usual and love the idea.

Further away enough? lol It really is a need to see kind of mod. For me it adds that missing "hood ornament" this game deserved with a little flair!

IMG_9813 (resized).jpgIMG_9813 (resized).jpg

#6555 6 years ago

To show how confident we are you would see this as an improvement I will reduce the price to a fixed $29.25 (free shipping) and leave it there till Xmas. (need to explain this one to mama in the morning). While not the most elaborate mod it really looks good but after we talked about it I may have over valued the improvement in all honesty. And to anyone that is about to PM me, Yes I am sending each of you a $10 refund because I would Never be that disrespectful to your support!

#6556 6 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone considering the Eaglemoss Villain cars or authentic definition Batman vehicals. Eaglemoss is having a 30-50% off black Friday sale on internet purchases!

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 12.23.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-17 at 12.23.32 AM (resized).png

#6558 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The upgraded clear spinner disc + the Bat-Cave are $10 off too until Christmas?

Sorry no. lol But nice try! You have a Rolls Royce! Whats $10 to you! lol

#6560 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

A good achievement would be if you get to a certain score, a video will play that explains the physics of how Bruce Wayne changes into Batman while sliding down a pole. As a kid, that one never ceased to mystify me.

I am embarrassed to admit that always perplexed me also. lol And what would happen if they each slid down the Wrong Pole!? Awkward!!!!

#6563 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I recommend a 15 second ball saver and 5 ball play! LOL! You'd be surprised at how much better you feel about yourself!

I will confess I have a few games at home that I set to Longer ball saves, do anything for an extra ball, and 5 ball poor player settings. I just try to remember to set them all back to factory when pin folks come over otherwise I get grief Forever! lol Hey, I can rebuild them but playing them is still a challenge at times. I actually laugh when games like Hobbit etc people are angry because the Wizard etc modes are not code done!! I always think..."Whats a Wizard mode???" lol I have confessed!

#6568 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There was an episode where Joker was in Wayne Manor and he stumbled acoss the bat poles while Alfred was chasing him. Joker jumps onto one of the poles but Alfred quickly hits the emergency batpole elevator up switch. This makes the Joker come back up the pole before he gets down to the batcave. Alfred then keeps repeating the process so Joker repeatedly goes partway down then back up over and over again until Batman and Robin show up. Alfred to the rescue once again!
Luckily Alfred painted the poles earlier that week so the "Bruce" and "Dick" signs were not put back on the poles yet. Good timing otherwise Joker might have deduced their secret identities.
» YouTube video

To funny what a flashback reminder of what made this show special. lol Old joker riding the pole...

#6573 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - you are right, I did forget one. Yes, this is a nice touch and fits well with the Batmobile and Boat mod. I did not know it matched perfectly with the game until a picture of it came up on the small TV screen. That was cool and now I know why it says 14 miles.

OK. please share.... I love that sign but what does 14 miles stand for........

#6583 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Had this on the back burner for a while now, but wanted to allow yelobird to release his announced lock bar mod and show them the proper respect by not treading on their toes.
I have had this planned for my own game for a while (version 2 as I will have pin stripping done and my pin armour will be the Batmobile) but since a couple guys have asked if I could make more than one thought I would offer them out, so two versions planned for the lockbar:
Version 1 is a direct replacement for factory sticker, stainless steel powder coated red.
Version 2 is the Batmobile version using the Batmobile Bat emblem this one will b larger and come in two pieces bottom base plate powdered white and a slightly smaller top plate powdered red.

Initially just gauging interest in which version/s if any would possibly be wanted by owners here. Once I have numbers I can take those to local company and get some pricing.

Looks Awesome, never any issue offering Many solutions for a great game! Can't wait to see your finished plate!!

#6592 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As contradictory as it may sound...I'm fairly sure that you should NOT have got the FF speakers that are for speaker light use. You should have got the standard FF speakers that have the spacer rings on the front of the speakers. When FF added the option of speaker lights or no speaker lights....he is assuming if you choose that you have speaker lights, you have a speaker light kit that takes the place of the spacer ring (that is normally on the front of the speakers) whereas this speaker light mod doesn't have that added area for the speakers extended tweeter to go while supporting the body of the speaker.
I can't imagine you having your speakers mounted the way you have described will last long without bending the threaded studs on the back of the factory speaker plates....or the speaker falling off. As you described, it sounds very precarious just sitting on those 2 standoffs with no other support. I would see about possibly exchanging your backbox speakers for the standard ones with the spacer rings or FF might actually be able to send you some rings to attach to the front of the speaker yourself.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
PS: Does this light mod actually add any thickness to the speaker mount besides the added size of the upgraded speakers that many are getting with it??? I would think the speaker plate would have to mount the same depth as it did from the factory unless I'm missing something big here.

Doug as discussed via PM. Feel free to reach out anytime to discuss how the Speaker upgrade kit is installed. No it does not add thickness and is in no way correlated with the speaker installation. The speaker installation or upgrade has nothing to do with the design of my kit. I did do an entire Batman thread which shows a step by step on how to upgrade your FF speakers if you want to check it out. The FF speakers I used from Pinball Life had a perfect spacer ring standard and mounts plug and play perfectly out of the box. With or without my speaker light upgrade kit. They may have other speaker options but this is the product I used? My kit does not change the thickness or any other factory variable and is completely reversible. Again, if you have any questions you know I am always available to ask anytime.

Link to my complete step by step Batman Super LE Clone conversion thread:

#6593 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As contradictory as it may sound...I'm fairly sure that you should NOT have got the FF speakers that are for speaker light use. You should have got the standard FF speakers that have the spacer rings on the front of the speakers. When FF added the option of speaker lights or no speaker lights....he is assuming if you choose that you have speaker lights, you have a speaker light kit that takes the place of the spacer ring (that is normally on the front of the speakers) whereas this speaker light mod doesn't have that added area for the speakers extended tweeter to go while supporting the body of the speaker.
I can't imagine you having your speakers mounted the way you have described will last long without bending the threaded studs on the back of the factory speaker plates....or the speaker falling off. As you described, it sounds very precarious just sitting on those 2 standoffs with no other support. I would see about possibly exchanging your backbox speakers for the standard ones with the spacer rings or FF might actually be able to send you some rings to attach to the front of the speaker yourself.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
PS: Does this light mod actually add any thickness to the speaker mount besides the added size of the upgraded speakers that many are getting with it??? I would think the speaker plate would have to mount the same depth as it did from the factory unless I'm missing something big here.

You are correct though. As recommended in my instructions, I would recommend the Standard Stock Flipper Fidelity speaker set. Never used the other ones mentioned?

#6612 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I've got them on. They're Mezel Mods. I think they look good. Only complaint is they look 3D printed. The Mezel 3D printer must not be as good as yelo's as you can notice it. I'll get a pic.

I have them and Love the theme look but for maybe only mine but I had issues with them. They did not sit flush with the sling plastics and every grey arm cracked within one day. I have since glued each again and added washers to keep them from breaking. The finish is so/so but I do like the look and Mezel has always made cool creative products. Just think the red insert was made a bit to long? I particularly love their 14 mile sign next to our Batmount universal plate. Just completes the scene. If you get them just consider using washers!

#6627 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm so F ing confused on the speaker kit and getting drunk right now (just sent doggie chewed up version back to yelo).
Maybe there will be a good definitive answer by the time i get the rings back?
Either way, this F ing pin is going to be one of the best pins ever when Lyman finishes!
I'm playing the shit out of .81, what are you guys doing!!!
Btw, Doc's little delivery van mod is AWESOME.

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

#6633 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Yelo! You guys are great.
My wife is mad, he's already chomping on the xmas tree lights and ornaments
Thx for the explanation Doug, really appreciate it

No issues. I have an 85 pound Bulldog that when not eating my daughters Yorkie is eating ANYTHING that might even resemble food! Lucky me both dogs were a "Daddy Please get her and I Promise to......." Yeah, they are my problem now! lol Kind of funny side story. The vet told me you need to take her out and play in the yard as she is "Exercise intolerant". OK. I took her in the yard to fetch the tennis ball. Walked away and Huh? where did it go. 2 days later at the vet they show me an Xray and we Found the ball! She ate it almost Whole!!! Needless to say, $950 later she doesn't play ball anymore and she happily holds down the Sofa!

My Eating Machine "Piglet"

IMG_0670 (resized).jpgIMG_0670 (resized).jpg

#6644 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New code should be this week?

Not now that you Jinxed it! lol That would be awesome but it did see like his words were something to the effect of after the holiday. bla bla. Just knowing there is a Tentative 2017 Completion date makes me smile. Truth be told I have yet to get all the major villains as I am a crappy player, make parts all evening, and have not had my game Nearly as long as most around here. Speaking of which, I may have another twist of product to show off tonight or by morning if mama stays up with that air brush. lol

#6651 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Ok, here is a step by step instructional on how to play Batman ‘66 on code 0.81 and score big points in Penguin mode:
In my opinion, in a tournament setting, there is no reason to play any other mode than Penguin. I REPEAT, PENGUIN IS THE ONLY MODE TO PLAY AND KEEP PLAYING OVER AND OVER. The points are not balanced with the rest of the other modes in the game...at least in code 0.81.
When you start the game, do a super skill shot by holding the left flipper and plunging the ball. You want to flip the ball into the Penguin scoop. By doing the super skill shot you are saving a shot by only hitting the Penguin scoop once instead of the required two. Then hit the bat phone to start the mode.
Once started, the Penguin scoop will turn red and the crane will come out to about halfway out on the playfield. DO NOT hit the crane. Instead, you need to make a 2-way combo by hitting the scoop first, then making the timed left orbit shot. If successful, all of Penguin mode will now be 2x multiplied for the rest of the Mode, EVEN IF YOU LOSE A BALL!
Now you want to hit the crane (umbrella shot) but only one time. All the shots light up purple on the playfield. Complete all lit purple shots without hitting the crane. It’s tough, but worth it in the end. One you have completed all purple shots, the only option is to hit the crane again to re-light all shots purple again. Again, complete all purple shots without hitting the crane. By doing this, you’re building your overall Penguin shot value by 100,000 every shot. It doesn’t look like much in the beginning, but it gets compounded in later rounds. Repeat this process until you’ve gotten all 5 crane/umbrella shots. The super jackpot will light at the Penguin scoop. When it does, don’t immediately hit it. Instead, finish out all purple shots.
When you finally shoot for super jackpot at the scoop, DO NOT collect the super jackpot, instead continue the story line. The screen will now tell you all Penguin shots are 3x multiplied.
Now you have to make 3 batcave/turntable shots. While doing so, you’ll want to pick off both bat computer white stand ups on the turntable. This will light 2x playfield multiplier as the red flasher on top will start flashing. When you have super jackpot lit, before you collect it, shoot through the batcave to start 2x playfield multiplier. Immediately shoot the Penguin scoop where super jackpot was lit. It will ask you to collect/continue...you want to continue. The screen will now show “all Penguin shots are 4x”. This is now combined with your 2x playfield multiplier equaling 8x!
When the ball vertically up kicks out, the gadgets on the left will be flashing. You will have to hit the gadgets targets a total of 3 times in a row really quickly, as these are timed hurry ups. THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!! If you have correctly built up your scoring, the hurry up gadgets will start at around 50 million, sometimes a little more/less...depending on how many single purple shots you made leading up to this point. When you hit the first gadgets stand ups, you’ll get 50 million times 8x = 400 million for 1 shot! Hit the gadgets again quickly for another 400 million shot, and again for another 400 million shot. WOW!
you’ll then finish that round by making a couple batcave shots to ultimately light up the super jackpot again at the Penguin scoop. Shoot for the super jackpot but again “continue” the mode and don’t collect. The screen will now show all Penguin shots are now 5x!
Just like the first round, hit the crane, collect all purples and repeat the process til nothing is left and you ultimately collect the super jackpot. But before you collect that super jackpot, get 2x playfield scoring going again by hitting the bat computer stand ups. Collect your super jackpot, and you’ll be at 2 billion points by playing just that one mode.
After that, don’t bother going for Joker/Catwoman/Riddler as the points don’t compare with Penguin mode. The only other one that is somewhat decent is Joker Mode, but you can only max that out around 400-500 million.
In a non tournament setting, you may want to complete 2 villains to get the extra ball, but if you do, go right back into playing Penguin.
I hope this instructional will help many of you to reach higher scores than what you have been getting. Any questions/comments feel free. I’ll try and answer as best I can.
Cheers
Aaron

Dam! Thank you for the detailed write up and cheat sheet! I won't share this with the Mrs's or she may dissolve my pathetic leader scores. I wonder if she would mind reading these notes to me while I play....... Thanks I always appreciate when people that understand the code/strategy share it.

#6659 6 years ago

Holly Bat-Thrusters another Button Mod? I had this in the "Back Burner" for those interested in a more Extreme button statement! Our previous KaBoom button was focused on the purist collector that doesn't mind an improvement but does not want to remove factory assigned decals or make modifications. The "Bat-Thrusters-Button" is the Other direction! lol While I like the previous logo I also like the Batmobile so why not Both! "Atomic Batteries to Power" as we know it! This custom variation offers the Batmobile scale rear end (anyone ever try to draw a Batmobile?) complete with pin-strip, Bat logo license plate, top and side and trunk pin-strip details, emergency Bat-parachutes, and of Coarse an integrated (your button) lighting bat thruster! And of coarse a very subtle provided bat thruster decal for your button to help it look just a bit less pinball (ish). As usual this is all of 2 minutes installation. This mod will cover most of the stock Stern Bat decal though as noted I would recommend just loosing the bat! Peel, alcohol, and a paper towel and gone! This is Not meant to please everyone we simply enjoy stretching the boundary a bit to make each machine unique and allow people options. I will have these available next week to ship and pricing should be finalized in a few days. Thanks as always for Everyones support and interest in our products. We love try new concepts and we love your feedback! PM as always for interest and Thank You!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9844 (resized).jpgIMG_9844 (resized).jpg

IMG_9843 (resized).jpgIMG_9843 (resized).jpg

IMG_9831 (resized).jpgIMG_9831 (resized).jpg

IMG_9841 (resized).jpgIMG_9841 (resized).jpg

#6661 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very clever design yelobird. If I were to pick one of your two options, this would be the one.
But can you make it interactive? Have actual Batchutes pop out during parachute pickup mode
Consider an alternate sticker for the license plate.

Fortunately that is not a sticker it is a raised door logo as a license plate on a mini 3/8" plate would be basically illegible. I did consider your recommendation on my first trial but unfortunately it did not fit the application. I will consider the chutes though! I think it would look killer to put some mini scattered chutes near Docs awesome Van!

#6697 6 years ago

A few have asked for a detailed instruction on how to Drastically improve commissioner Gordans phone from squeaky dog toy to a Proper phone appropriately themed for this amazing game. While we have No intension of making a kit for this the process is fairly simple though you have to do a little shopping! Using all the provided info from #Doc on where to buy the phones etc (refer back to thread) my journey begins! As noted there is no simple way to get the correct setup for parts. They do sell the phone Cake container separate but the only phone I found is with the ToysRus batcave set. The phone in this set is very athentic and more importantly for our application very translucent! The one that is sold separate (see picture on right) is almost a Snoopy type rubber phone that does not allow light through at all. The translucent phone found the the ToysRus set is a perfect match and slightly larger. Second picture shows proper phone in cake dish. Start by removing TV. 2 screws and one cat5 plug. Remove Atomic pile, 2 screws. Now you need to unplug (3) plugs from the underside of the playfield. (1) for each bat computer, and (1) for the phone itself. Fairly simple just watch the sharp edges down there!! When done you can now carefully remove the base plate (2) screws (2) 6-32 nuts. Finish by removing the actual chewy dog phone. To prep the New phone you need to drill a 3/8" diameter hole completely through the cake base. Special note. When drilling big holes like this in plastic it is best to predrill say 3/16" then high speed drill the 3/8" in Reverse!! This keeps the bit from biting and ripping it out of your hand! The phone base positioning is VERY important! To far back and it hits the TV or Atomic Pile, to far forward and it hits the ramp in rotation!! Look at the pictures Carefully to ensure you only drill the mount 1 time correctly! The cake base is positioned Exactly on center and roughly 1/16" back from Black line into the yellow!! Absolutely perfect. In the next picture I put a piece of painters tape on the plastic to draw on and protect while drilling. Drill a 3/8" diameter hole in the Center with 2 small 5/32" holes positioned as shown but actually put them Closer to the perimeter then I did!! Reason being the board you will mount next is Very close to the screws! The hole Stern already put in the plate (shown in photo at Roughly 6 o-clock position from tape) is used to Remount the prewired LED board you removed from the old dog phone. You will need a 6/32 x 3/8" screw and 1 nut to install the LED board to bottom as shown. Center LED on hole in plastic. Center phone cake disk base over hole making sure it is 1/16" back and fasten from bottom with (2) 3/8" lg self tap wood screws like used on the bottom of Every playfield. At this time I also drilled an additional 1/8" hole to mount my BatPhone statue as shown since I was in there!! To install the Cake base and phone I used a few small dots of Gel Superglue and it worked great. Put everything back together in reverse order and don't forget to share the Old phone with your daughters favorite Friend who should have had that toy from the Start!! Actually a fairly simple project Anyone can do. The result is Absolutely AMAZING looking! Hope this helps others take the leap. Ask if you have any questions!!

IMG_9820 (resized).jpgIMG_9820 (resized).jpg

IMG_9823 (resized).jpgIMG_9823 (resized).jpg

IMG_9848 (resized).jpgIMG_9848 (resized).jpg

IMG_9851 (resized).jpgIMG_9851 (resized).jpg

IMG_9850 (resized).jpgIMG_9850 (resized).jpg

IMG_9852 (resized).jpgIMG_9852 (resized).jpg

IMG_9853 (resized).jpgIMG_9853 (resized).jpg

IMG_9855 (resized).jpgIMG_9855 (resized).jpg

IMG_9857 (resized).jpgIMG_9857 (resized).jpg

IMG_9856 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpg

IMG_9858 (resized).jpgIMG_9858 (resized).jpg

IMG_9854 (resized).jpgIMG_9854 (resized).jpg

IMG_9865 (resized).jpgIMG_9865 (resized).jpg

IMG_9862 (resized).jpgIMG_9862 (resized).jpg

IMG_9860 (resized).jpgIMG_9860 (resized).jpg

#6698 6 years ago

Just for Clarity! When I noted Center phone I meant between Targets not the plastic itself! Your OCD will go wild if its off center! lol Plus it will hit the ramp!

#6700 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is the cake dish required to cover the LED or is the phone itself big enough?
If that's supposed to be the desk in the study, the phone should just be by itself ...

The phone belongs and looks best in the cake dish! Plus the smaller phone would look WAY to small alone as I believe #Doc showed in a previous write up. This setup is a spot on fit but everyone is free to come up with there own setup. Just wanted to share what was a Drastic improvement in authenticity from the original. If you don't like the cover Don't use it! My intension was not to debate the semantics of authenticity simply improve the phone from Snoopy to Batman.

#6705 6 years ago

Doc...it seems you used a factory hole to feed your wires through? While Yelobird drilled a hole? Am I correct? Does it matter?

The method I used is assuming you wish to simply use the stock LED board Stern provided. Doc is wiring in a custom LED and using their hole. Both would work depending on your level of effort. As mentioned, there are Many different ways to do the same task. We shared a few to get you started.

#6707 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Either way works. Just make sure your wire doesn't get in the way of possible ball travel. The hole I used was an existing hole behind the TV.
So Yelobird, can your 3D printer replicate the same translucent plastic style of the phone from the batcave playset?

Pretty sure I could. Not a real difficult element to reproduce. Let me look into it! Holding out for your Bat signal offering!! lol

#6709 6 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Became a proud B66 owner last week!
After reading up here I read about the Joker target problem and created a small fix for it.
As my game will be going on location in Belgium begin December I didn't want the target to get stuck of course for the location players...
What I did do is the following:
-Cut a small piece of 0,5mm Lexan
-Slide it firmly between the targets as shown in the picture
And that's basically it as the lexan sits very firmly between the target brackets.
You can't even see it when installed and the target doesn't get stuck anymore!
Curious to see how the fix will hold up on location use!

Very creative thanks for sharing that tip! After bending mine I have knock on wood had no issues but I will keep that simple tip in mind if the need arises!

#6779 6 years ago

Holly Shooters Batman! Just a quick shout out to Chrome Candy team!! Great service, extremely prompt shipping, perfect attention to detail, and an AMAZING product!! Did the Batman 66 in Penguin Purple and the look is Spot On! The shooters come lovingly wrapped like a candy (nice touch!) and the finish is brilliant. I believe they are offering 25% off for the entire weekend if anyone is interested in this title or other. Just wanted to pass along a great company.

IMG_9869 (resized).jpgIMG_9869 (resized).jpg

IMG_9870 (resized).jpgIMG_9870 (resized).jpg

IMG_9871 (resized).jpgIMG_9871 (resized).jpg

#6781 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

They don't show a Penguin Purple. Is that their Concord Grape color?

Sorry lol, that was me taking liberties with the color with my game. On their website they call it Concord Grape! Really looks perfect compared to the black plastic mushroom Stern installed.

#6783 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Platform by yelobird, Batmobile and Batboat compliments of modfather. Looks fantastic.

Now, where to get the proper Batcopter and Batgirl Cycle?

I suggest looking through the picture gallery of this Batman thread as Doc did a complete documentary on the best Heli options as well as mounting. Looks great by the way, Good Job!

#6790 6 years ago

OK need some advice from the code brain trust. I tried the stacked villain (#42 I think) setting and it seems like I did it wrong or there are way to many bugs with that feature enabled? Every phone award "answer the phone" as well as several other bonus shots show award 0.0? Also, many of the video sequences especially the Multiball Joker "Get em Pengie" is muted? If I turn this off everything is normal. Did I not understand the shot code correctly or is this feature still a work in process? Thanks for any input but for now its off and actually scored my Highest game to date (3 balls!) of 3.4 B

#6791 6 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Anyone interested shoot me a pm

Dont jump out Now! You waited a year to play a finished game and your only a few weeks away! I would be So all over this if I didn't already have the LE dialed to my taste. Good Luck with the sale, wont last long!

#6816 6 years ago

In between 3 hours of beating the new code out of my game I decided I just couldn't accept that cake dish mini phone. It hurt spending close to $60 on all that crap to hate the result but live and learn.... So we decided we would offer a lower cost spot on solution for those like us that hate the dog phone. The New "Batphone" is a completely scale translucent ABS phone with a full 6 LED board custom inserted into the base. The internal area is purposefully cored to allow even light through the phone for a full lighting effect! Looks Awesome though taking a picture of it flashing was a challenge.... The phone is completely plug and play with a direct wire harness attached. No drilling is required as the wire harness goes through the existing hole and removable Gorilla double side clear tape is used to mount. As a final detail each phone dial is hand painted with silver dial and red Button for that final touch!! These will ship next week. Cost per Batphone kit is $26.50 with Free US shipping. We hope you like this improvement and thanks as Always for your support. PM for availability and order.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9896 (resized).jpgIMG_9896 (resized).jpg
IMG_9892 (resized).jpgIMG_9892 (resized).jpg
IMG_9897 (resized).jpgIMG_9897 (resized).jpg
IMG_9875 (resized).jpgIMG_9875 (resized).jpg
IMG_9881 (resized).jpgIMG_9881 (resized).jpg

#6818 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wow you work fast!
Looks great!

I'm trying to Motivate you to finish my Bat Signal!! lol Money in hand pal, get R done PLEASE. lol Yep, Truth be told, within 10 games after installing the cake pan some how my wife managed to hit a line drive up there and crack the dome over it! lol I just shook my head as I watched that $60 investment drop in the crapper. So I took your wise advice and said "why don't I just Make one?" The lighting turned out Awesome and after 3 scale tests the size is just perfect and you will Never break this one! lol Happy Turkey day to you Doc, carve that bird then back to the Batcave to finish those Bat signals!

#6821 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Batphone by itself looks nice, but the purist in me does not remember the phone having a silver ring - Doc can you confirm if the study phone was only red?
As for scale - is it to scale with the Shakesphere bust Doc uses?
(And yelobird - congrats for modding the entire turntable now ...)

Not sure you need Doc as Google has many answers including the details I selected for the phone. lol Yes I made my ring more pronounced as I wanted it to be Seen since its such a small replica. The Bust has nothing to do with the phone as that is My not for sale add on. You really are a purist for detail....lol Yes but there is still those Bat computer rears of exposed wires that bother me but I was hoping to take a survey of interest later on that one.

batass (resized).jpgbatass (resized).jpg

#6822 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Heck, I'll take one. To be honest, I wish you had designed the entire game.

Thank you so much for that kind statement. To be honest I would have done all these project anyway since this particular theme is personal to me and many others as I have seen since we started. This was my era and while corny it is fun to remember and be inspired by those memories. The best part of this for me is my wife and kids have Never played a game as much as this one and I do feel like this opportunity has introduced me to Many really great people and even new friends along the way. What more could you ask for in a hobby! Especially one as obscure as Pinball! lol

#6826 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It did have a small silver ring on it based on this pic.

Fun clip
» YouTube video

Loved that clip Doc especially the ending. lol Your the trivia guy, how did everyone know Alfred was the butler but no one wondered why he was always at batmans cave? lol

#6828 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Was just finishing some LE and Premium wiring harnesses for the projector mod tonight. I left a projector on all day today to see if it would get hot or not and it was cool as a cucumber. Will be taking pics for the the mod instructions tomorrow. Almost there!

Cool, I'll send you the money now then! lol

#6831 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your pic is from one of the replica makers, not the show. I posted a couple shots from the show above.
Not knocking your work in any way - just pointing out there is another possibility like others did with the original coloring of the Atomic Pile mod

No issues. I just think the line is getting fuzzy where some assume my goal is to Copy movie studio props to priceless detail when in fact I am simply making a more detailed pinball part. For the record we I did note that first Atomic Pile was simply a mock up prototype and the only color I had on hand. I always love feedback but understand I will not please Everyone. I find joy in creating my own variation of detail rather than copying exact duplicates of others work. Thats why we like and appreciate when people give us creative deviation ideas!

#6833 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little plastic snap on caps to cover the back of the batcomputer panrls would be perfect. You could make them in a brown color like the paneling in the Wayne Manor study.

Thats the direction I was thinking also. Simple and basic just to make it look more like a cabinet. Low cost simple cabinet. I am open to ideas on this but I would prefer to keep it simple as the computers Stern has look nice already just not finished. You think brown like wood or more an Atomic Pile matched metal plastic? Maybe a Bat Analyzer sign over the top? Batman Loved his label maker!!

#6835 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I understand where you are coming from and I certainly did not mean for my comment to come off as critical. There is no way in hell I could do what you're doing. And what you have done with the Atomic Pile, Batmobile spinner and now the phone just absolutely puts to shame what Stern did. Awesome.
I'm a little OCD and sometimes little details get me. But I'm nothing like my wife. She can look at something on the wall from 20 feet away and tell you it's off center by an inch.

Women can always tell when something is off by an inch! lol sorry had to go there. Yep, I stay up till Wee hours fine tuning the Smallest detail or error sometimes only to toss it out in the morning. OCD can be a blessing or a pain at times.

#6836 6 years ago

A few have asked me about my bust... The one in the Picture! I used Doc's advice and bought the one (link below) for $6. That is the only site as Doc noted that sells it outside of the $50 kit of crap. I will post a direct link for anyone interested in that. I do love a nice bust.....

http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanclassictvseriesdarkbluebatarangaccessory-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

Just Watch the relationship to the Bust and the Ramp when installing! It's a tight fit!

#6847 6 years ago

Just a reminder to anyone on the fence looking to get some Awesome detailed Batman 66 vehicles including the Very cool Villain cars! Eaglemoss has them starting at $12 for Black Friday 25% off everything! I personally went with the Penguin jacked Batmobile! Fits well and a different Batmobile theme on the playfield.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/batman-automobilia/batman-classic-tv-series-birdmobile

#6875 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great question....I would think it definitely needs to get into position quicker than it currently does. Suspect final code will have a much better pace to get there, and this adjustment will simply fine tune it.
Very obvious it's an amazing, intricate piece of gameplay now, and will only become more so. Can't see more speed hurting the structure, but can see wear and tear causing misalignment of sensors, etc. ....hence my pursuit to get all the mechanical tolerances up to snuff. This thing will take a beating over time, for sure....

The only reason I feared increasing the speed was due to possible ball jambs. I have had it catch a few balls in rotation and compress until it literally sheared the post rubber off. My fear is that like closing a door on your hand, a slow close seems to do much less damage? Not that its fun anyway!

#6883 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

What could be more exciting than having a giant Bat Signal coming on in your game room when playing your Batman pinball machine? Nothing! That's right nothing is cooler than a giant Bat Signal on your Wall or ceiling when playing your Batman66 pinball game! You are the caped crusader and the when the signal is lit you must answer the call!

I finally recovered from my turkey coma to finish my Bat Signal projector mod. This mod is a plug an play kit for Batman66 Le and Premium owners. Although I designed it for my Batman66 you could also use it for any of the Batman games; Data East Batman, Sega Batman Forever, or Stern The Dark Knight.
I made a detailed tutorial thread on how to make it yourself. You can find the tutorial thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-tutorial-batman66-bat-signal-projector
I designed this kit for Batman66 owners who have placement issues like myself (low ceilings) that make the Stern version difficult to use. The magnetic swivel mount lets you install it anywhere on the back box (or even the leg). You could also use a standard extension cord to mount it on the other end of your game room to project a giant Bat Signal at the entrance to your game room whenever you are playing the game. It has a focus adjustment so no matter what size you project you can dial in the focus to be just to your liking. It is configured to use AC power source so there is no need to worry about blowing up finicky Spike node boards by drawing power from them.

If you have a Batman LE it will use the existing Stern connector to turn the projector on and off during game play. With the current 0.83 code, its on all the time during attract mode. During game play it comes on when you enable a villain and the Batphone rings and also if you start the Batcave hurry up sequence at the start of each of the main villain modes.
For Batman66 Premium owners, it's setup to automatically turn on when the game is on and then turn off when the game is off. It could also be easily be configured to trigger on with a specific lamp or flasher. I couldn't find a good insert lamp or flasher to use that made sense so for the Premium setup I think it looks best when the signal is on all the time.
For those of you who aren't the DIY type I have made some plug and play kits ready to install. It comes with the projector with modified magnetic base, slide with Batman66 style logo, plug and play harness (specify if you need the Premium or LE version), Power Relay with 2' power cord, full instructions with pictures. Cost is $80 plus $10 shipping. PM me for details and if you need a kit for an LE or a Premium.

Order Sent Thank you Sir!!! Bravo on a great setup!

#6924 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Need some help. I realize I am electronically challenged. I am handy with most things not this.
I am trying to connect my premium topper and Yelobirds speaker light kit. I have a Z adapter, the problem is the topper has 4 wires and the adapter only three slots to attach. Tried pushing two wires into one of the slots, dosent work. I can either plug in the topper or Yelobirds MOD into the CN6, but not both together without connecting the two.

As the instructions show and the PM I sent you. Simply unplug the Topper plug and plug the End of my dual Molex connector to the board. (Photo 1) Then plug your topper plug into the second Molex connector on my harness with the Z clip. Photo 2

IMG_9395 (resized).jpgIMG_9395 (resized).jpg

IMG_9538 (resized).jpgIMG_9538 (resized).jpg

#6946 6 years ago

I emailed Chas with my serial # and referenced the part numbers of each kit. Just received an email and he said they're on the way!

Sorry I'm new to the Stern recall thing. Do you just send an email via the site or do you have to call with a serial number or something? I have dealt with the other vendors and it's usually a simple service ticket request?

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Ok, I ended up cutting the prongs on the adapter rather than the topper, plugged all together as suggested......dosent work. The speaker ring will light, but not the topper.
Topper is in top position on the adapter, mod plugged into board, thru the adapter. Individually both work when plugged into CN6. Any ideas? This is getting frustrating.

I sent you a PM to give me a call. Let me help you with your frustration. lol We Will get you there!!

#6958 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well your debugging has shown the ropper is good, CN6 is good, and main wire in speaker light harness is good.
All thats left is that the second connector on the speaker light harness isnt making a good connection to the main wire . If you plug the topper into it can you poke something thin (but not metal, something like the tine on plastic fork) into the top of the connector to make sure the wire is pushed down far enough into the IDC connector.
You could also try plugging the second IDC connector into CN6 (not the one on the end of harness, the one that a couple inches up from it). If the connector is good than the speaker lights should still come on when plugged in to CN6.

I believe we are all set. Turns out there was an issue with the Second Molex connector not biting through the wire shield. Hence one plug worked the other not. New harness in route and he knows how to find me Anytime! lol

#6960 6 years ago

On pins and needles waiting for the Doc SPot to arrive! Read his install thread front to back 3 times with area prepped. lol

#6961 6 years ago

I emailed Chas directly at [email protected] with my request and serial number.

Thank you So much for the advise and direction. You were correct, one email and Bam he was on it! Helps to know the right people. Thank you.

#6973 6 years ago

OK bat-confession. I have only captured the four main Villains 1 time since owning this machine to light the center signal. Though my scores are fairly high do I just plain suck or am I using the wrong strategy? Getting into the Billions though needing more Villains is not one of my issues at this time. lol My wife and I played for 3 hours today and while we had great fun and scores we laughed at how far we have to go. At this rate the wimpy 5 ball setting is in my future if this code gets much deeper. lolol We did start watching the entire 3 season set of Batman 66 so That should help with scores!

#6980 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Don't know about anyone else but I'm too busy either trying to be greedy on the Gordon target or just keep on continuing to get the maximum x out of each villain. I have not got a hope of getting the 4 villains unless I go 5 balls and that isn't happening soon. .Bad enough trying to get two.I haven't tried stacking yet but that's because I'm really enjoying it the way it is.
Love a challenge and it definitely has one for me.

Thank goodness, at least there is One other player at my level. lol I tried the stacking (in a previous post) and it did not appear to be working correctly for me? Each bonus or phone hit would say 00 points awarded? May try it again to beat these Villains!

#6983 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A year ago in another thread mk6pin said
'Believe Gomez referenced the " 120 episodes and 120 bat toys" that will distinguish the units. Also said there would be some " reference in some way" tying in voice clips or animation stuff that was unique to your model....I was still sleepy, and he was talking fast....'
Any LE owner seen or heard anything that indicates this is in the code? I know there is custom speech for the SLEs, but haven't noticed anything similar on my LE

Mine says "redruM" all night in attract mode does that count?

#7013 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So.....I had a spotlight post, and a very cool parachute recovery van....rest is history....final post height will be 1" lower, just didnt have one lying around....will get one and show final pics w Matts new powdered wireform when it shows, but you get the idea....ready for action!!!

OK I think its just because of where I grew up "Berwyn" as Son of Svengoli" would say but that looks to much like the Harlem Cermak "Art" cars on a spindle that only the pigeons loved. lol The mod is awesome and deserves to be on a pedestal just not like that for me. Im sorry but I think Doc Nailed it for location and Game play value replacing the awkward Stern metal plate deserter and adding the Cool Van! Best position for me!

Cars (resized).jpgCars (resized).jpg

IMG_9743 (resized).jpgIMG_9743 (resized).jpg

IMG_9744 (resized).jpgIMG_9744 (resized).jpg

#7017 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's the beauty of mods...personalized for everyone's taste...Think you will have a different perspective when it's lowered, and your pic is way better than mine.....(also reminds me why I'm going to be a hard sell on the pinstadium thing....too many LED's that are way visible...).

Totally agreed and in No way was I criticizing your Personal touch. That is what pinball should be about! With everyone being so critical over scale factor, authentic color specifications, and Exact series replica authenticity we have gotten away from the fact that this is Pinball. An individual fun expression for Your enjoyment! Not to replicate or follow what the OEM, film company, or others have done. I Applaud you taking and Sharing Your creative personal touch and That is all that matters. Do Vans Fly? No. But You like it and shared it for Others to find there own creative vision. Now go finish those creative Ramps! lol
PS My DocVan Location is Better! lol

#7020 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha!!! all good...my van will fly!!!...I put this together in 10 minutes for concept purposes...realized it will rock (for me) when lowered, and bracket extended a bit so it's angled to "flow" above ramp. Just shared for the sake of sharing....fun stuff.....Doc's position was just too hidden for me at players sightline.....bring on the batphone!!!! anxious to play w these toys as I must patiently wait on Matt for the final, deadly ramp!!!

"Bring on the batphone"... Challenge Accepted! All orders close to 40 this week shipped and on their way to Batcaves around the world with 50 more kitted and ready to GO! lol Thank you all for your interest in this and all of our products, we appreciate your support.

IMG_9918 (resized).jpgIMG_9918 (resized).jpg

#7054 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Very nice, would you consider jumping into the mod craze and offering an upgraded light kit for the atomic pile?

I can do a write up sharing how he did the light upgrade for anyone that wishes to do it. #thundergod was nice enough to share how he did it and I did mine and it looks great! Very low cost and simple to do.

#7057 6 years ago

Based on some great feedback from #thundergod76 he wanted to add His personal touch to the Atomic Pile. This is my spin on what he did and I must say it turned out Awesome!! I would call this the "How to Mod the Mod"! Very simple and Very low cost upgrade to add a Ton of additional flasher power to the Atomic Pile to give it that Bam Wow effect! All parts can be picked up in your next order to CometPinball. What is needed: (1) 3" matrix cable, (1) matrix "Y" adaptor, and (1) 6 LED matrix panel. (About 3$?)
1 Remove the Atomic pile (2) screws (Don't forget to loosen the TV mount to give it room to exit.) Unplug from Top of playfield the matrix plug.
2 Using needle nose pliers carefully remove the (2) screws holding the top flasher plastic dome.
3 For a perfect fit, a simple side cutter to notch the LED 4 corners at a 45 degree angle. This makes the LED panel almost a Press perfect fit into the flasher dome.
4 Press the LED into the top dome. No glue is needed as it can't go anywhere!
5 Attached 3" matrix extension to wired dome.
6 Remove existing bottom LED cap from Atomic Pile and fish New dome light through. Re-attach dome cap screws removed previous.
7 For me I simply fed the cable near the previous LED wire exit and tightened cap. You Could drill another hole but no need to in my opinion.
8 Add "Y" splitter to (2) new plug ends and put the unit back in as complete.

Overall the effect is Way powerful and a great improvement if you like that Wow Pow look. Using the 6 pack LED Really gives it a burst of light! So simple to do and I thank #thundergod76 for sharing his personal touch with me. I in turn am sharing his effort with everyone. Love to see people make their game their own! Thanks!

IMG_9928 (resized).jpgIMG_9928 (resized).jpg

IMG_9927 (resized).jpgIMG_9927 (resized).jpg

IMG_9922 (resized).jpgIMG_9922 (resized).jpg

IMG_9923 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpg

IMG_9925 (resized).jpgIMG_9925 (resized).jpg

IMG_9926 (resized).jpgIMG_9926 (resized).jpg

#7061 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think Spike drives all of their LED's at 5V. Besides being a litter dimmer than normal, are there any caveats with running the 6.3V matrix LED at 5V?
On the Comet website they state: "Please leave a comment in the order notes if you are using #44/47 bases for controlled lighting or for GI in games operation with the Spike system". So maybe they do something different with the LED if they know its going into a Spike game?
I know cointaker sells single LED and multi-LED flasher's specifically made for Spike games. Not sure what is actually different about those.

I checked with Comet and they said the 6.3 volt LEDs are fine to use for this application. Maybe a touch dimmer but hardly noticable. They have as do others used them for many items in the 5v setup. You can not however use 12v setups in a 5 or 6.3v setups in a 12v as you already know what will happen to them.

#7066 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ok cool. With 6 LED's on there it might be better if it ran a little dimmer.

I ran the voltage on it and it is Microscopic. Should be more than safe. Adding 20 filament bulbs would be a different story. lol

#7072 6 years ago

Its Finally Here! To the Batcave!!!!!! The Batsignal will shine bright on this day! Write up to follow!

IMG_9933 (resized).jpgIMG_9933 (resized).jpg

#7076 6 years ago

Ready for the call Commissioner Gordan! Took 8 minutes to install (read the instructions 5 times before it arrived) and after a 6th speed read of Docs awesome write up the deed is done! Took maybe 10 minutes to find a correct place to mount it. As shown I ended up mounting it about 10" up from the bottom of the back box and 6 inches in. Aided slightly towards the game center. While not the largest image it fits the look I was after without clipping the cabinet or other. I really wanted the end result to be a bat Circle and this worked best for my setup with an 8' ceiling. Clarity is Spot on and really looks great. Back to the Batcave to fine tune and Play some Pinball!! Thanks Doc!!!

IMG_9936 (resized).jpgIMG_9936 (resized).jpg

IMG_9935 (resized).jpgIMG_9935 (resized).jpg

#7078 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yelobird, looks awesome! Its really fun when you see it turn on when the bat-phone starts ringing.
Since it can be mounted almost anywhere, it will be interesting to see what cool and creative ways people come up with to project the bat signal in their game rooms.

Thank You for the perfect attention to detail from package to product. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Yes, there are probably a million ways to mount it. Think it really depends on your ceiling height. Love the game activation and effect it draws. Really completes the full experience. Have to give Stern credit for going outside the box with the topper, theme, almost code, and new signal concepts. Really see this being a Long term benchmark for them and the hobby. Thanks again Doc!

#7093 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was shipped priority so it should have been there weds or thursday. I just looked up your tracking number.and realized there was a typo in the number I sent you. I just pm'ed you the right number. I looked it up and it shows its delayed in Cincinatti but at least its not lost. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or early next week.

Mine shipped on Monday and each day said it was on its way only to arrive finally on Friday. While they rarely let me down it does appear the holidays are slowing down USPS. It will arrive and will be Worth the wait!

#7096 6 years ago

The new Bat-Analyzer says code is to drop Soon! Until then, the New "Bat-Puter" set is complete and shipping Now. We have created a set of computer housings to finish off the Batcave look and hide those pesky wires. Complete with Bat identification logos (Batman Loved his label-maker!) and finished with a woodgrain rear panel (per Docs suggestion!). A 3 minute topside install and as always completely reversible. Kit comes with a Set of Batcomputers both "Batcomputer" and "Crime Analyzer" to match the playfield and complete the look. PM for interest, shipping Monday. $24.25 (free US shipping) for the complete set with decals mounted and mounting adhesive applied. Thanks as always for everyones interest!! Back to the bat-cave to wait for code from Commissioner Gordon!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9948 (resized).jpgIMG_9948 (resized).jpg
IMG_9947 (resized).jpgIMG_9947 (resized).jpg
IMG_9956 (resized).jpgIMG_9956 (resized).jpg
IMG_9949 (resized).jpgIMG_9949 (resized).jpg
IMG_9950 (resized).jpgIMG_9950 (resized).jpg

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

That looks incredible! Who’s selling it??

PM sent, thank you for your interest

The Mod Couple

#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd put a
! WARNING !
FALLING BALLS
Sign (or some kind of "ATTENTION" sign) on the back of the one that ends up over the ball lock when rotated.

Lol, my wife would Love putting that sticker on everyone! lol How about "Holly-Balls Batman!"

#7106 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Haha the regular BM66 is fast becoming a 12k game with all of these great mods.
Yelobird needs a buy everything kit for those new to this

Kind of like a Supersize kit from McDonalds! The Value Bat-Pack

#7110 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hey yelobird - just start a Batman 66 mod of the month club. It will save everyone a lot of time and money.

Lol. Thanks I'll consider that. Sincerely if your having an issue with mounting your car I understand. Tools are Not for everyone. Just send it to me and I will securely mount it no charge. Just let me know it coming. I never know what others abilities are and I do this to bring others (and myself) enjoyment. If you need a hand just let me know.

For the record, I think this was covered but you don't need a fancy rivet machine. Drill (2) 1/8 holes in the bottom of your car (using the disk to locate them) and use (2) 3/8" screws as found in the bottom of every pinball playfield. The Trick is to inject some epoxy or gorilla glue Into the hole and car Prior to installing the screws. That will give the screw Plenty to hold and create a mushroom of support Internal the car so it never backs out or breaks. Stern had the right idea at the start they simply failed to understand a 1/32" car base of plastic would Not hold up long without cracking!

#7111 6 years ago

Since #JFH brought up the Matchbox lack of character statement, I thought I would brag a bit.... Since mama had some down time I thought what could be more fun than detailing the Batmobile! lol Had her add all the red etc pinstriping, paint up the bat shoots, and even micro paint the top warning light. Shows what you (not me) can do with a steady hand and a #000 paint brush! Pimped my ride! She needs to get to work on the seats now!

IMG_9957 (resized).jpgIMG_9957 (resized).jpg

IMG_9958 (resized).jpgIMG_9958 (resized).jpg

#7123 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Much better!
Can you show how the connections go in the nod boards. I am considering the same thing

Do you have the LE or a Premium? The reason he had the nod board is because he was willing to sacrifice a Stern bat signal for the parts. Not for the faint of heart. If you have an LE it’s a simple plug and play following the thread Doc created.

#7136 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

One other note - my daughter said that glue dots would not be a good long term mounting option for the phone or bust and that they would probably only hold up 6-8 months. She used them to position everything while I ran the switch test but then use Gorilla Glue to mount them permanently to the platform plastic.
I don't know if she's right, but she does a lot with craft stuff and glue dots. And I can't imagine wanting to replace either the phone or bust so using the glue was fine by me. If you go without the cake topper don't forget to glue the receiver to the base!
Also - it didn't look like the cake topper would fit with yelobird's Atomic Pile mod. Doc confirmed that it does not fit without additional spacers on the AP mod.
And this was funny. She forbade me from putting the Penguin umbrella on top of the crane unless I changed the LED from yellow to purple and the dome to purple (if available) or clear/white.

Well first off WOW now THAT is a cool game room! It's like you live on the space station! Love it!! Ever consider adopting say a middle age guy? Though you went without the cake topper you absolutely can fit it perfectly with the provided Atomic Pile. You can even look over the write up on the previous pages I did which shows it mounted and how to do it. Glad you got your games together. After seeing your collection and game room I can see Now why perfect is your eye. Very nice. I will let you know when your car arrives and get it back asap. I may even deliver it if the ski season by you starts early!

Now you just need a perfect Fit Barcrest Pinball Slot machine with Custom inlay plates like I made for mine to complete that other room! lol

IMG_6763 (resized).jpgIMG_6763 (resized).jpg

#7149 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Guy, anyone willing to share their settings? I want to set it for ‘fun’ but not stupid easy. Thanks!!

That would be 4 balls. lol

#7151 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Operating doors were totally impractical (even if I had thought of them before framing), butI have the authentic "whoosh" effect as you walk in or out of the room. . It surprises most people and delights most Trek fans (even though I am mixing Enterprises).
I took the guts out of a battery powered TOS toy that has a remarkably effective motion detector and built a cover for it that also has two props (bottom of photo). I had tried using a motion detector hooked up to my home automation system, but could never get the sound to play fast enough or seem like it was coming from the door.
And when the room is in "display mode" Starship background sounds play softly so you feel/sense the hum of the ship when you walk in. Hitting the Holodeck button or asking the Computer (a silenced Alexa with the activation keyword set to "Computer") to turn on the arcade on powers on all the machines and stops the background ship noise. I can't get Alexa to understand "Holodeck" so I have to use "Arcade" or the name of an individual machine.

I'm still wowed by the slot table with the integrated pinball legs I spied in the other room. Such attention to detail is really cool. wow.

#7154 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yelobird,
I think your Batman has been hanging around the atomic pile too long. He looks like he's starting to melt. He can't even stand up he's so weak from radiation poisoning.

If you want a more vigorous Batman head over to your local Walmart or Target and look for the DC diecast metal nanofigs. The have a Batman thats stands tall and proud. Best part is that he's only $0.97.

He's mounted on a base thats a little too big to fit on the pile so use a dremel to chop off the base. Then put a glue dot under each foot and a few on his back and he's ready to stand up against the upper dome light and watch guard over the batcave.

That pose kinda reminds me of this publicity shot they did for the show.

Looks cool need to take a look. I actually just set him there temporarily. Just haven't found time to heat up his rear end.... That is a Corgi car batman that someone on Ebay hand paints each one for 3$. He is designed to be in the seated position for the car but I planned to simply lay him on the hot bed of my printer till he softens and straighten his legs. He actually is a perfect scale height for the Atomic Pile with the railing just below his waist. He's on my todo list. Have been to busy lately to heat up his rear end and make him stand proudly! lol

(If you read this without knowing I could see this paragraph taken WAY out of context. lol)

#7159 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Question for owners who have upgraded their cabinet speaker.
I bought a flipper fidelity 8” coax speaker for the cab. Opted to try this over their typical subs. But there is no way possible this thing will mount in the cab.
THe stock stern cab speaker has basically no foam padding on the front that mounts against the cab floor. The upgraded speaker has a lot of padding. The threaded studs aren’t nearly long enough to mount this. I’m going to contact Michael tomorrow but wondering if anyone else experienced this with their sub upgrade as well.

Sethman. Are you sure you got the correct kit? All of the FF speaker kits I installed came with a plug and play wood adaptor. The provided wood ring fits perfectly over the existing screws with counter bored holes. Simply install and the new larger speaker fits perfectly to that plate. I would call them.

#7171 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Forgive my ignorance- does this mean you think the sound of the FF kit can be improved by changing the wiring to the sub?

Interested as well if anyone knows. I am Not a speaker guy but better would be great to know

#7221 6 years ago

Ok, I'll make a glass half full statement regarding code as it relates to me and how Crappy I play! While only a Batman66 owner for 3 months I actually appreciate the slow (very slow for others) spoon feed of new code. I always have a hard time learning a new game with Mass amounts of code all in one bite. Like Hobbit for example. It took me Months to even have a clue what the lights meant! This steady trickle of code has Really helped me and my wife digest the game in small bites to Fully understand and Practice every wonderful feature and mode. Yes not for everyone and Definitely does not apply to the early adopters but there is Some small positive to getting the code in a slower fashion. Maybe I'm reaching. lol

#7238 6 years ago

Ok another newb code question. Can you collect gadgets? Meaning save up 4 or 5 or is it a use them or loose them kind of deal? If you can collect them all is there a special bonus for doing such a feat?

#7321 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have the chance to buy a BM66 LE NIB.
that mean that I will need:
- a ramp fix kit
- a new batmobile turntable
- screws for the villain vision
-more ????

Agreed. Wait till you get the game, see what recalls were already performed. Definitely get the ramp fix (haven't had a single issue since and make the ramp firm as nailing it down) and Don't forget to also get the recent Node board repair kit not on your list. The car is your choice but if it free go for it. As found in the Early beginning of this thread I would also recommend going through top and bottom checking each screw to make sure they are tight and Present! Amazed at how many especially on the cat ramps that were loose! Best of luck and let me know if you have an interest in any of our Batman 66 mods via PM. I have All stocked for a holiday rush.

The Mod Couple

Rampfix (resized).jpgRampfix (resized).jpg

#7323 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ramp "fix" kit is required to prevent air balls...far from firm, but a nice bandaid. They will send for free, and hopefully Matt starts churning the new ones out very soon. Many smiles coming once the ball flows as it should......

I must have received a different kit then? Yes when I got the game you could pull the ramp off with one finger. The kit they sent me had not only the air ball shield but also stand offs to bolt it down in the rear. It is extremely rigid now unless others are pulling on it with a crow bar? lol I am rather pleased they recognized both issues and offered a free yet needed improvement.

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

My friend in Belgium has one (still NIB)

Wow I have will power but to have a NIB Batman 66 SLE not opened would be a sure test of my will power....lol Do make sure he at least contacts Stern to get all the free service updates for it so when or if he opens it will be fresh and complete. Lucky guy.

#7370 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t mind a ‘73 depending in the character or Episode at all in my Pinball.... in fact I buy my handguns with a “3” always at the end, and my long guns with a “7” at the end, I just like numbers

Love that Brigadier! How many mods can I make you!! lol Nice setup.

#7376 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Just installed my Atomic Pile, it was delivered the past November 3 and I wanted to install it since that day but needed my Brother’s help ... honestly to the ones that are thinking about it, I must say fellas that go for it! It does looks amazing! I also know that some of you needed about 40 minutes for the installation, but for us was 1 hour and 37 minutes X 2 but it was 100% worth it, the only thing is that those 2 white rubber spacers wasn’t included in my package which is not big deal but any recommended size in particular before I go and buy them fellas?
Thank you

Truely sorry if we forgot to include the washers in your kit. My fault as we get into a packing frenzy at times and mistakes can be made. Sincere apology! With that said all you need is a simple 1/8" washer under each clear stud or a pair of standard washers. The Only purpose for them is to elevate clearance for the Stern stock phone. Sorry again and Very happy to hear your kind words and that you and your brother liked our product! Thank You!

The Mod Couple

#7469 6 years ago

Introducing the 2017 TWIPY Pinball Awards!
Vote NOW for your favorite mod, artwork, favorite theme, favorite podcast, etc.
Takes two minutes, **VOTE HERE**: https://goo.gl/forms/5tUPMcGcVPiZe0Eo2

Show Batman 66 the love it deserves. This is a Pin Stadium award but no reason Batman 66 shouldn’t take the trophy! Best club can Dominate the position!! Lol

#7472 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Don’t you pretty much mean “show the mod couple the love they deserve”? Lol
Seriously, the best mods in the biz!

First off thank you for the kind words but I Seriously had no motives to solicit votes or any recognition. Purely an attempt to bring Batman 66 the recognition it Does deserve! Mods or not it’s hard to deny Stern nailed this game out of the park. From topper to art this title is one of their best achievements hands down in my opinion. They clearly did some research and avoided skimping on detail where it really counts. I So wish LOTR or similar great titles had the non pixelated art Batman showcases. Doc needs to modify his Bat projector to do the eye of Saromon on the ceiling! Thanks again to All for your support in helping us enjoy, fine tune, and modify this truly amazing title as well as supporting our add in creations. Your appreciation is all the award we need. Have a Wonderful holiday to All and don’t forget to light the Bat signal or Batphone those you love this holiday season especially those in the military affording is the freedom to have such wonderful gifts. My Mod Family are spending the holiday in Norfolk VA to solute my son and our second to none Navy. Blessings to all!!!

The Mod Couple!

1 week later
#7603 6 years ago

Here’s to hoping Lyman’s New Years resolution was to complete Batman 66 code to start the year fresh!!! Fingers crossed and still 4 days of vacation left!!!

Off question to the expert software extractor guru’s. Is the SLE code drop the same as the others or does (will) that contain triggers to excecute the personal name call out in time? So wish one of you software magicians could figure out a way to make that code executable on other machines ...

#7606 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, the code is the same. I presume the code reads a value in ROM or some hardware config to get an SLE number to index into a table of original SLE owners. Then there is an optional call (i.e. If SLE number <> 0) at some point after the Batphone rings that has Adam saying "<owner first name>, answer the Batphone!" (Burt Ward has a different message; not sure if it's played at the same time).

So with that said if someone buys a second hand SLE it will forever call out someone else’s name? Sounds like a date gone wrong lol.

#7610 6 years ago

The Stern Batsignal has node boards in it. If you buy Docs add on projector it will only be able to turn on/off with the game power. The Pre topper doesn't do anything else but light up with game power.

Haven’t checked in awhile but I thought Stern made one for 200ish for LE owners that did not have the Node boards and one for 250ish for Premium owners that did include the Node boards and game interaction?

#7651 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Finally got my missing part to my batmobile spinner. So finally get to hear what it is supposed to sound like when the batmobile spins around and see the bat turn mode which is very cool. I also got my node board repair kits and of course I only got 1 capacitor kit. I think I am supposed to get 2 kits for 2 different boards. Since i only got 1 capacitor I put it on node board 9 since that was easier to reach.

Can someone clarify this for me as I to finally received my repair kit with only contained (1) harness capacitor. Do I need to call and order a second one and get back in line?? Seems odd as I emailed Chas and he knew the game and serial number and the packing list states (1) so are we sure you need 2 sets? Just checking with the thinktink before I email him again. Thanks.

#7665 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lol when Barbara ask them if somebody lost a contact lens!

Looked like they were crawling around looking for the missing Node board capacitor! Lol

#7668 6 years ago

A Very happy New Year to all! Thank you all for the amazing support, a shoulder to cry on, All your support and guidance in our products, and most importantly the many friends we have met along the way. We wish each of you and your families an Amazing and healthy new year especially those that serve (served) our country to allow us this freedom to follow dreams and even create them. We appreciate you all and appreciate being a small part of your enjoyment. See you all next year, same bat channel, same bat time....

The Mod Couple
Dave and Darcy

#7677 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Can anyone tell me what setting I inadvertently changed that is now giving me 00 scores for super jackpots and super skill shots? I tried stacking villains yesterday but changed it back after only two games, that’s the only thing I can remember changing...

Love to hear the answer myself. Had several games only register 00 jackpots then suddenly went away? I assumed it was because I switched to stacking though (no poking fun!!!) I did notice the same when I switched to 4 and 5 ball games? Went back to 3 and the issue stopped? Maybe a penalty for crappy players. lol

#7707 6 years ago

Sounds like you were playing a code test machine. If so, this is GREAT news!! Looks like a significant update is right around the corner!

Not so sure.... If I remember correct, the Early software had All the villains not greyed out but none actually worked. My guess is the game he played was Really early code that the villains while there did not actually work. I could be wrong. Heres to Hoping the new code drops soon and all this becomes a happy memory. lol

#7811 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Has anyone added additional lighting for the bat cave/magnet area? It’s really dark with no spotlights up there. I added one near the beginning of the left orbit and it lights the area really well but it blocks the view of the mystery and toddler insert (pic soon).
Any other ideas?

I added the Pin Stadium Lighting ang it’s a completely different game. The art and every feature just pop out now. I recommend strongly for this game.

#7829 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Can you post pictures of your game with the pinstadium lighting?

OK, here is the before and after for my Stadium light results. I personally see no glare and unless your laying face to glass its hard to see they are there. The biggest plus for me was (due to my room lighting) having this playfield lighting got rid of ALL glare on the playfield glass from monitor as well as overhead lighting. Fully controllable brightness via phone app. I Think I have them set to 60%(?) with 35% blue accent colors mixed. Worked for me but yes the price is a bear. Love the game so I wanted to make sure we enjoyed it.

IMG_9504 (resized).jpgIMG_9504 (resized).jpg

IMG_9506 (resized).jpgIMG_9506 (resized).jpg

#7866 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m trying pinstadium lighting too
Yelo what did you do to your Atomic pile in that pic!

Lol. I did the Stadium lighting before all the mods. Since then I have Stern box of misfit toys. Lol

#7870 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I really want to add the Atomic Pyle mod but I have the batchopper sitting on my TV and it is wired so that the blades spins when the turntable spins. Not sure if the chopper will clear the AP mod, I may just have to order it and see if I can make both fit as I love the lit chopper with spinning blades but only so many places it can go.

I see your game is missing the free Stern clear shield over the ramp. I strongly suggest you give it a try as it’s free and it also helps with that round pad you have in the back of the ramp to eliminate vibration. The kit includes a firm mount to beef it up. Oh and it’s free. Lol. As for the copter playing nice with the Atomic Pile? That would be your call. I suspect unless you rotate the copter the tail I suspect would hit or be In the Atomic Pile. As the copter is simple wire mounted seems like a simple move. I doubt Batman landed the copter in the Batcave often anyway. Lol

#7905 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of off topic here, but all 3d printing I have ever seen gets the kind of rough surface with the lines visible. I can understand why it happens, and I think Yelo's printing is the least visible of all the printing Ive seen - particularly his Atomic Pile mod.
But is there a way of eliminating the lines and instead getting a smooth surface or even gloss? For me the downside of 3d printing is that it looks 3d printed. I'm assuming its just the technology hasn't got there yet, but eventually will. Are there new printers that have addressed it yet? Kind of reminds me of the early printers where you could see the dots/squares.

The short answer is yes.... But it takes a considerable amount of work when doing Hundreds of parts and products. As all of the parts I make are ABS plastic (for strength) there is a process known as acetone vapor polishing. Basically, your part is set in a coffee can of sorts and rags soaked in acetone are carefully placed around the part. Seal and watch the clock. In several (typically 4-6) depending on if you go Heated (which is rather dangerous) the part will slowly sweat as the vapors attach the external shape. In doing so, the part becomes very smooth at low cost but a slight loss of small details. I have done it with many parts in the past but in my testing with the phone it looked very play school plasticy as this is a Translucent plastic if that makes sense. As the only time you See the phone is when it is Lit the more dull finish looked better to us. The user Could very easily vapor smooth or Carefully wipe with acetone and most of the lines will fade. Not much is needed!! Just know that the plastic will get soft so you need to let it set or Every fingerprint will show!! Hope this all makes sense..... lol

#7908 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think it looks fine as is....

Off topic but my Sincere appologies not getting back to you next day on the ramp brackets. We had a death in the family so pinball was a bit of a last thought taking care of things. I am out tomorrow but I WILL get this looked at tomorrow when I get back in and get back to you. As mentioned, I can turn around metal (other) brackets in a day even in large batch as I have access to the technology 24/7. Sorry to hold you up but I did give you my word. Talk soon.

#7912 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Might give it a go. Wasn't at all implying you should do it before delivery, just curious more than anything. Is Acetone literally just nail polish remover?

Technically yes. Though I believe they add some fragrance of sorts to thin it down it does work fine. Check out the vapor process on YouTube, pretty simply really just be advised Acetone is highly flammable so please be careful!!! Don't ask me how I know..... lol Lets just say Mama Mod Couple doesn't allow me to use the corning wear or anything in the kitchen any longer!!

#7913 6 years ago

Got time to sneak off to clear my head and bang out a few games on the new code. Absolutely a new game. Loving the direction and attention to detail they are taking with this title. Makes the trickle of code worth the wait. Probably the ONLY thing I hate is the fact that every .01 code update I loose all my high scores (not really that high) and my wife continues to sharpen her skills making it harder and harder for me to keep the top positions. Funny thing is SHE is actually more excited then me when I tell her there is a new code update. It's great to share a common interest so I will deal with the possibility of her getting her name on the board....

#7923 6 years ago

No, not a joke; qualifying 3 minor villains is a pain in the ass by itself. That lower TV target is only a shot from the sling or a solid judge from the top of the right sling. That is generally happening because I have dangerous side-to-side action going. Wide-open outlanes means lots of power drains for me.
Plus, you can't start a minor villain if you're in Multiball. Egghead is easy to finish for the sake of completing it, but Shame is basically a recipe for things going out of control shooting the side targets. Freeze isn't bad, but in the same season as Egghead.
I'm not saying impossible, just a PITA.

A challenge yes, a PITA not so sure. If it was Easy they would call it baseball.

#7931 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Ok, Received the repair kit from Stern today and installed it. Also updated to the new code. Turned the game on and neither of the slingshots light up, looks like the lower half of the board is missing some lighting. Game works, no error codes? Checked everything plugged in. Any ideas? Sorry bout the bad pic.

Unplug the caps you just installed and see if it’s the last thing you did. My guess is you plugged them in the wrong holes.

#7953 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Yep. Gameplay is exactly the same on all 3 versions.

Except in Australia where the ball rolls backwards. Or is that bowl? Lol JK

#7955 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

ha! I have the Crocodile Dundee SLE...

Too funny. That must be the “Shrimp on the barby Episode” model.

#8022 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Too cold out to work outside so ... I installed a whole pile of mods from the Mod Couple!
Special shout out to them for the extra care and service they gave. The mods look simply awesome!
- Atomic pile
- Computer cases
- Batmobile spinner rocks
- Batphone
Put Docs van in as well!

Looks awesome and Proud to be part of your great collection. Question, how long did it take to get your Cliffy's? I always hate to pester him as he's a busy B but I think I ordered mine over a month ago. Just wondering what to expect as Batman 66 is a newer product for him. Thanks.

#8049 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Thanks a ton. I do alot of powdercoat and im thinking about doing black armor with a red outline stripe like the car. Prolly buy that expensive side armor

You could absolutely buy the expensive armor but do consider following my how to guide and do it yourself. Cost roughly $6 and the end result is great. Took maybe 30 minutes and minimal talent which I have lots of! Lol. I will provide a How To link for All SLE upgrades if you missed it. Good Luck!

#8128 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Even when there was that huge lag pre-expo, I think the jump in code was equivalent to a .01 increase every 2 weeks, which is what we’ve roughly been getting since...thrilled, nonetheless, with how this game is turning out

I was Grateful for the update. Not for the content but last week my wife got the new High Score while I was traveling and it's all she reminded me about! lol Not in this house!! lolol New update, high score do over!!!

#8136 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Can someone with pinstadiums take a picture of their connection on which flasher they chose

Pretty sure I already added photos to this thread on that subject but I found the center pop bumper flasher to be the best option for the PS flasher. Not to much but used often during any mode. Love mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
547 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/1?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.